4.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 27, 2021
    I so so wanted this to be the game that replaces the gap that completing Witcher 3 has left me. My copy arrived today (26/8/21) and I regret opening the game seal and inserting the cart. The visuals are terrible. I play on a 42” HDTV, draw distance is ridiculously close with pop in and out; shimmering on objects; ghosting pixels around the hero character; textures so bad it made me feelI so so wanted this to be the game that replaces the gap that completing Witcher 3 has left me. My copy arrived today (26/8/21) and I regret opening the game seal and inserting the cart. The visuals are terrible. I play on a 42” HDTV, draw distance is ridiculously close with pop in and out; shimmering on objects; ghosting pixels around the hero character; textures so bad it made me feel I needed better glasses as it gave me the feeling everything was out of focus. Probably caused by the ridiculous amount of fog, the likes I’ve not seen since the GameCube days. Then what the heck is going on with reflections on the water! (If you can call the black texture being passed of a water). If you actually play this game then visit the edge of the lake in the snow filled tutorial level, the lamp on the dock near to the cemetery reflected in the lake!! How could they think this was ok. Also I play with a sound bar active and I noticed that the quality of the sound, voice acting is low quality. I played Elisa the paladin and there was definite distortion when certain words are spoken. Similar to Soul Calibur. When I first started the game it downloaded a patch but god knows what the patch did but if it improved the visuals then there is still a mile to go to get this anywhere near playable for me. All of the above is for the 3rd person view within the game. Let’s move to the combat. Due to poor visuals you struggle to make out which unit is which even when you zoom in to the battle area. I’m sure there is a good game and for some games it’s not about the graphics, but for this game the quality of the graphics really do ruin it. Now If the Witcher 3 can run on Switch then this should be better than it is. Playing this game in the state it is currently in has probably spoiled this game for me now and it’s likely to just be left on my game shelf never to be played again. Expand
  2. Aug 31, 2021
    Please stop comparing this to the Witcher 3! Yes they are both rpg's but KB2 is a tactical RPG.

First of I'll say the few negatives, YOU CANNOT RUN. Either you jog very slowly or you have option to walk (Why would anyone want to walk?). Even on the Horse it's the same. Movement is far to slow to get anywhere. Second of all is the man's protagonist. His voice is annoying as hell, it's

Second of all is the man's protagonist. His voice is annoying as hell, it's like he couldn't be bothered to actually read the script and you can tell. Havnt tried the two others out yet but I wish I didn't pick the warrior first of all.

Now the good points, this game is huge! Luckily, we have teleports that really helps (especially with all the walking). The graphics are pretty decent when walking around the world. Although the graphics during battles could do with some work. There's a ton of quests to do, although alot of them is traveling back and forth but some of the quests have a impact on your story. So it's worth coming back for a second playthrough especially with 3 protagonists to choose from.

Now we come to the best part of the game, the battles. This is where the game shines for me, it's addictive, moving your army around the board plays like battles on Civilization. You have many traders that sell army units all in different categories, if a unit dies in battle, no worries. You can always buy another one! If the unit is hurt during battle, at the end you will have the option to heal said unit for a small fee. Only negative would be that the graphics on the board could do with some work.

Overall then this is still a great game if you can deal with the flaws. People that moan about the graphics, why on earth would you get this on switch? For a handheld running this game at all I'm pleasently surprised.

This game is worth it if you like big open worlds and strategic battles, just don't compare this to Witcher 3 and I'm sure you'll enjoy this!
  3. Aug 25, 2021
    EN:
    Well. This is very bad.
    I watched an interview with the game's PR manager where he said the game looks perfect when portable. Alas, this is one of the worst pictures I've seen in games. But okay, let's not talk about performance. What about gameplay? We run around the world, talk to characters, but we run extremely slowly. As a mockery, the developers added a "go slow" button. That
    EN:
    Well. This is very bad.
    What about gameplay? We run around the world, talk to characters, but we run extremely slowly. As a mockery, the developers added a "go slow" button. That is, instead of speeding up a slow character, we get his slowdown! Well, ok, we have a horse that ... walks also slowly! And the button "go slowly" when we get on the horse will turn into ... "go slowly"!
    Yes, there are interesting battles where you cannot make out where which character is due to poor graphics. There is nothing else good in this game at the moment. Disappointment of the year?

Рус:
    Ну что ж. Это очень плохо.
    Я смотрел интервью ПР-менеджера игры, где он говорил, что игра выглядит идеально в портативе. Увы, это одна из самых плохих картинок, что я видел в играх. Но ладно, не будем о производительности.
    Что насчет геймплея? Мы бегаем по миру, говорим с персонажами, но бегаем крайне медленно. Как в издевательство разработчики добавили кнопку "идти медленно". То есть вместо ускорения медленного персонажа мы получаем его замедление! Ну ок, у нас есть лошадь, которая... ходит также медленно! А кнопка "идти медленно", когда мы садимся на лошади превращатся в... "идти медленно"!
    Да, тут есть интересные бои, где ты не можешь разобрать где какой персонаж из-за плохой графики. Больше ничего хорошего в этой игре на текущий момент нет. Разочарование года?
  4. Aug 31, 2021
    10 только в противовес бомберам. Игра заслуживает 7,5 вполне. С графой на свиче явно проблемы, а все остальное затягивает, хотел просто запустить и побегать минут 30, в итоге выключил только через 5 часов.
  5. Aug 4, 2022
    don't want and don't have time to write here. to be short - I'm very disappointed
    1/10 trash
  6. Sep 30, 2021
    I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere within the game, while some will love it forI don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere within the game, while some will love it for the same reason. Expand
  7. Oct 10, 2021
    Да для портативной консоли игра вообще шедевр. За графикой идите на ПК. С новыми патчами пофиксили много косяков, в том числе увеличили скорость бега.
  8. Dec 17, 2021
    This is one of those titles that, when you see a well-cut trailer for it, jumps out as having some real potential. While hardly perfect it’s attractive enough, and there’s a somewhat cinematic quality to the storytelling that has some appeal to draw you in. It’s when you spend some time with it that issues begin to creep in and tarnish the experience. Movement and getting to objectives canThis is one of those titles that, when you see a well-cut trailer for it, jumps out as having some real potential. While hardly perfect it’s attractive enough, and there’s a somewhat cinematic quality to the storytelling that has some appeal to draw you in. It’s when you spend some time with it that issues begin to creep in and tarnish the experience. Movement and getting to objectives can be ploddingly slow, even on a horse, and aside from simply having you wander to eat up time there never feels like there’s a purpose to justify the time wasted on such a simple thing. Then quirks in the game’s interface begin to show up, with some turning to annoyances in how sluggish or poorly-conceived they can be in terms of intuitiveness and efficiency. It’s when you get into the tactical combat that this feels like the issues come to a head though, where even with some instruction performing what are normally simple tasks like switching between units as you plot out your strategy have been handled poorly, or simply understanding why some actions can’t be performed contextually as you try to get through battles. Perhaps with patching this title could better reach its potential but there’s no ignoring that in its current state it’s asking for a lot of patience for only middling enjoyment as a reward in return.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 30, 2021
    Overall, King’s Bounty II was an enjoyable experience with some unique gameplay elements. It’s slightly let down by its frame rate and graphical issues and I can’t really justify it at its current price point, but if it goes on sale it’s definitely one to pick up.
  2. Sep 20, 2021
    King’s Bounty II is a good adventure game with better turn-based combat. There are plenty of elements to keep the player interested, but the story does not have the depth you might expect, and therefore doesn’t warrant the $59.99 price tag.
  3. Sep 19, 2021
    Yes, the quests and the story are not crazy. Yes, the technique of the game is outdated. Yes, getting around is boring and the interface painful. But you have fun creating your army, choosing among all the possibilities the best possible combination. We take pleasure in browsing this skilfully constructed universe. And we get excited as we face the challenges of the tough battles ahead. Despite its flaws, the game manages to glue the player and make them want to load up their game. You should not shy away from your pleasure.