7.5

1. Mar 16, 2018
    This Series needs to be more innovative, I'm tired of the same game being spilled on platform to platform, it's too easy, it's bland, and it's mechanics are exactly the same from Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe. For the Switch I wanted Kirby to show people what the series is capable of, rather than the same games they had on the 3DS. This could've been as big as BOTW or Odyssey, but itsThis Series needs to be more innovative, I'm tired of the same game being spilled on platform to platform, it's too easy, it's bland, and it's mechanics are exactly the same from Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe. For the Switch I wanted Kirby to show people what the series is capable of, rather than the same games they had on the 3DS. This could've been as big as BOTW or Odyssey, but its not because HAL as been regurgitating the same BORING games for years. I liked when they thought out side of the box for games like Air Ride and Mass Attack, a game with new mechanics or different worlds to explore would've been great. This game is worth $25 bucks tops. I wish the Kirby series made a non linear game for once. Expand
  2. Mar 18, 2018
    I’m so tired of this franchise. They had an opportunity to innovate this series on the switch and they stayed on a very conservative route.
  3. Mar 26, 2018
    it's well crafted but it's so extremely boring.
    this is not even for little kids challenging.
  4. Mar 17, 2018
    The Kirby formula has been tired for years. It's always been far too easy and too short, which can be nice for some but I'd love an option for a higher difficulty. It is also hell expensive. Unless you are 7 years old rich kid, you shouldn't spend $AU 79.95 for this game.
  5. Oct 6, 2018
    Yo amo la franquicia de Kirby, pero este juego la verdad es de lo peor que he jugado en mi vida, es ULTRA FÁCIL, tanto que el juego se podría jugar solo, ya que tus aliados se pueden encargar de todo sin problemas. Es un juego realizado para niños menores de 6 años, lo cual me decepciono bastante ya que esperaba un poco más de un juego de los personajes más iconicos de nintendo.
  6. Jun 20, 2018
    Absolute trash! Nintendo need to some new ideas as they're failing! The Switch is dying already
  7. Apr 30, 2020
    Wait for the sale! This is the easiest Kirby game ever; I beat it in 5 hours. Therefore, It should not be $60. I enjoyed the game though, just wish there was a little bit more challenge to it. Get this game for good and fun experience.
  8. Sep 19, 2020
    I don't even play Kirby games. I only did play through world 1 and 2 and that's it. Most boring game ever!
  9. Oct 11, 2019
    I love the Kirby series, but this game really wasn’t very good compared to the rest. The levels are very easy, and the game is centered around a multiplayer type of game only. While it can be played in single player, the only way to get the full value out of the game is with other people playing with you. Because of this new aspect, the levels are also considerably easier then those ofI love the Kirby series, but this game really wasn’t very good compared to the rest. The levels are very easy, and the game is centered around a multiplayer type of game only. While it can be played in single player, the only way to get the full value out of the game is with other people playing with you. Because of this new aspect, the levels are also considerably easier then those of past games. Being a multiplayer centered game, it takes away what I love the most about Kirby games, just being able to pick it up and play whenever you want (unless you were playing on a home console, but isn’t a barrier of any sort for the switch.) Overall, I think Nintendo and HAL could’ve done a lot better with this game, and I hope the next Kirby game isn’t as disappointing. Expand
  10. Nov 17, 2019
    This game had a lot of potential but somehow misses the mark. I can summarize the experience pretty quickly. Move around an over-world map to select levels, enter the levels to gain co-operative players, things move around fast, level ends, and repeat. The feeling of this game as I played it was, "What's the point?" It didn't feel engaging and didn't draw me in to keep playing it.
  11. Apr 18, 2020
    This game had so much bad and not enough good. I will start with the bad. The game is so, so easy. I had no trouble beating it. The game was also stupidly short, too. I beat story mode in 3 hours. Maybe less. The game was easy, short, a bit boring, and lacked motivation to beat it.
    However, the game has stunning visuals, and smooth, not fun gameplay.
    Overall, a recycled video game that
    However, the game has stunning visuals, and smooth, not fun gameplay.
    Overall, a recycled video game that was overpriced and should be 20 bucks on the 3DS.
  12. Jun 9, 2020
    I bought this game primarily because of the easy difficulty and 3 player co-op to play with my kids... but can we talk about the ridiculous loading screens? Feels like you play for 1 minute and then watch a loading screen for 20 seconds. Completely ruins the flow of the game... I really don't understand how this has such a high user score, it's just not enjoyable to play - even for myI bought this game primarily because of the easy difficulty and 3 player co-op to play with my kids... but can we talk about the ridiculous loading screens? Feels like you play for 1 minute and then watch a loading screen for 20 seconds. Completely ruins the flow of the game... I really don't understand how this has such a high user score, it's just not enjoyable to play - even for my kids, and that's a pretty low bar. Expand
  13. Nov 6, 2020
    The AI in this game is literally braindead. It just stays there and looks at you while you die and does not use the healing abilities at all. At most bosses the team of 3 AIs stays in a corner and watches you fight the boss alone.
    This makes the endgame levels practically impossible to do alone, you need a couple of friends that are capable of pressing literally a single button when it counts. The AI can't even do that.

For the later smelter dificulties and the heroes in another dimension, it becomes imbecilic and frustrating so much you'd probably smash your console, when you're about to die and you look at that Chef AI smiling in your face NOT using the healing ability.

ZERO score.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 83 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 15, 2018
    Though it’s not technically perfect by any means, Star Allies remains entertaining from start to finish. Let the puffball meet the misfits, it’s time for Kirby to shine on Switch.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    Simply put, Star Allies looks great, sounds great and plays great. [05/2018, p.47]
  3. Jun 2, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies makes the simplicity of smiling a lasting thing. The game is beautiful and has music that impresses by it's quality. The title is very amusing and if you can join three more friends, you will have one of the funniest experiences on the Nintendo Switch. It is an experience that should be appreciated in its entirety.