7.5

1. Mar 16, 2018
    One of the best Kirby experiences out there and a must have for any Nintendo Fan.
  2. Mar 19, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a very fun game, especially when played along with other people. You can play it alone, and it'll be fun, but it shines when you play multiplayer. The game is easy and doesn't offer a challenge until the end, in the post-game. However, level design is quite good, graphics are just beautiful, and the sound track is also quite decent. The mechanic of making friends alongKirby Star Allies is a very fun game, especially when played along with other people. You can play it alone, and it'll be fun, but it shines when you play multiplayer. The game is easy and doesn't offer a challenge until the end, in the post-game. However, level design is quite good, graphics are just beautiful, and the sound track is also quite decent. The mechanic of making friends along the way is very nice, although you get the feeling that the CPU controlled friends do too much, they beat the game by themselves if you let them. Levels have good variety and are quite long, and bosses are also very fun, easy, but fun.

All in all, as always, a Kirby game doesn't disappoint, they are what they are, chill platform games that are fun and easy most of the time, if you look for a very hard game, this game isn't for you, but if you look for a very fun experience, especially if you are able to share the game with someone and play co-op mode, you'll have a lot of fun with this game.
  3. Mar 17, 2018
    Esse jogo e incrivel, um dos melhores da serie kirby, pena que não tem todos os poderes da serie kirby , mas e um otimo jgo recomendo muito esse jogo.
  4. Mar 18, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a great game. Its fun single player and even more fun with friends. The game is just pure fun. One thing i hope they add is a 4 player battle mode. 10/10,
  5. Mar 19, 2018
    As a huge Kirby fan, I'm pleased with this game. It's satisfying, relaxing and looks stunning. If you have played both Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe you may find that the game is very similar.The level designs look nice but are otherwise a bit bland. Soundtrack is incredible, with remixes of past tunes and new ones. I really like the structure of the story mode, it's a bit different
  6. Apr 9, 2018
    Jogo incrível, a adição dos aliados veio da melhor forma possível que há muito tempo um jogo inédito da franquia não recebia. Gráficos lindos, história cativante e uma trilha sonora linda.
  7. Jun 7, 2018
    This game provides no challenge. I'm sorry. But that's basically my only criteria besides the fact single player is awful. Multiplayer is a blast, because Kirby's accessibility and it gets chaotic. The combining abilities mechanic returns, too. New, inventive Kirby. I think it's fun, but only with friends.
  8. Mar 17, 2018
    Hal did it once again.
    The main goal of the franchise was providing a dream experience, with a clear old school imprint. At the same time enhancing the re-playability and engaging the most demanding players in the attempt to complete the games and finding all the collectibles and hidden paths and levels
    Graphic and the ost are among the best of the serie, the level design is very
    Hal did it once again.

Graphic and the ost are among the best of the serie, the level design is very inspired. Using the helpers can make the whole experience a bit too easy, but you can choose in any moment to deactivate them. In the other hand, using them can make the classic Kirby’s formula less standard, although I think Hal should do more effort to renew it from the next time.

For now though Kirby Star Allies is a very good add to this amazing franchise.
  9. Mar 22, 2018
    Great game, probably the easiest game in the Kirby franchise do to the allies you can befriend, but still great nonetheless. Lots of charm and great music.
  10. Apr 20, 2018
    Wow it’s fun! My teenage girl and I love play it. It’s a buy if don’t already
  11. Aug 19, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a great game. But it's too easy, you can fly, have 3 friends that kill everything for you even bosses. That's more like 2d puzzle game than platformer. And that's too short even if I am bad at games I am now on last world in 3 hours with all secrets. If you want to play good platformer on switch play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and if you want relaxing shortKirby Star Allies is a great game. But it's too easy, you can fly, have 3 friends that kill everything for you even bosses. That's more like 2d puzzle game than platformer. And that's too short even if I am bad at games I am now on last world in 3 hours with all secrets. If you want to play good platformer on switch play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and if you want relaxing short game play this Kirby Star Aliies game. Expand
  12. Mar 20, 2018
    If You're tired of this franchiese then MAYBE Youre too old to play game targeted to 4-12 year old kids? My daughters love it and its their favourite game - and thats the target audience, not 37 year old guys. Btw. Im also having fun with this game but mostly through enjoying my time with kids.
  13. Mar 16, 2018
    It is a really good game and Is very clever with alliteration and just like Mario and Link,Kirby came to Nintendo Switch Perfectly.
  14. Mar 18, 2018
    Game has been a ton of fun. Easily the best coop Kirby yet. Its so nice to come home from a hard day at work and enjoy its relaxing gameplay.
  15. Mar 16, 2018
    I don't get why critics are reviewing this game badly cause its easy. This game is made to be EASY, made to be pure fun just like mario odyssey (an amazing game). This game is not donkey kong, and so what if it didnt change the formula, if it ain't broke dont fix it. destructoid got it right.
  16. Mar 16, 2018
    This game is so fun to play. The atmosphere, the helpers, the music, and the charm make it feel so wonderful. The only problem with this is that it is way to short to play.
  17. Mar 16, 2018
    Kirby is a really fun game especially with Friends and Family. The Levels are clever, music in really good to listen to, story is simple and most importantly the gameplay is fun. High Replay Value
  18. Mar 17, 2018
    Reallu fun game, i was a bit worried at first that there were only 4 worlds, but they have more than enough content in them. My favorite aspect is how beautiful the game is and the friend mixing. Also, the final boss is great.
  19. Mar 17, 2018
    This game is really fun, as Kirby always was. I don't really mind that it's still the good ol' Kirby, because it's still good and fun. I will always play these games no matter what
  20. Mar 17, 2018
    A great fan service.
    Starting with some great remixes of original NES and Gameboy music pieces, level hommages for them and of course the usual set of (mini)bosses.
    It is a Kirby game though, so expect the main story to be super easy (I finished with > 100 extra lives) and over rather quickly. There is a lot of post-game content as usual, and something for completionists. If you
    A great fan service.

If you either are a fan of Kirby games or look for something on the easier side to play with your kids: it's a great game! If you prefer harder Jump & Runs and/or are not a Kirby fan: better wait for Donkey Kong, which will likely please you more.
  21. Mar 25, 2018
    This game is a 10/10, so much fun to play with anybody. Whoever is giving this game these abysmal scores is missing the entire point
  22. Mar 18, 2018
    Simplemente es volver a la infancia, está vez con un modo coop para 4 lo cual hace que la jugabilidad sea una locura.
  23. Mar 17, 2018
    Graphically beautiful, very fun to play through even on your own with the friend system, interesting abilities you can mix and match, fun bosses and amazing ending and references. 30 fps isn't much of a problem personally but could affect others. Game is quite easy, whether that is a good or bad thing depends on you. Overall very good game :)
  24. Mar 16, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a bit un-engaging in its main campaign if playing solo due to almost too competent ally AI against less than challenging enemies and puzzles, but in couch co-op, the game really opens up to be a unique and highly enjoyable casual experience with friends. The game looks gorgeous, there are tons of power combinations to play with, the bosses are fun and creative, and inKirby Star Allies is a bit un-engaging in its main campaign if playing solo due to almost too competent ally AI against less than challenging enemies and puzzles, but in couch co-op, the game really opens up to be a unique and highly enjoyable casual experience with friends. The game looks gorgeous, there are tons of power combinations to play with, the bosses are fun and creative, and in typical Kirby fashion, it's about as charming as video games get. Elsewhere, there are a couple of decent mini-games for fun at parties, while Guest Star adds tons of replayability by letting you play as tons of different characters in speed runs, and The Ultimate Choice adds difficulty where the main game was lacking it, with the top difficulty levels being true obstacles. Kirby Star Allies may be easy to dismiss as a lower-tier single player Kirby experience at first when compared to Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, but when this game's gimmick is embraced as intended, it does reach the heights of those games. Expand
  25. Mar 17, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is an extremely fun game. I'm playing it with my siblings. Even my brother who isn't into these games is having a blast. Also, the game looks so pretty and Kirby is so cute!
  26. Mar 16, 2018
    This game was a blast to play through. It’s easy, but not too easy. This game is the perfect balance and i love it. The CPUs actually know what they’re doing instead of “oh hey look i’m a cpu and i dont know what i’m doing”. This game is especially fun with a friend, Co-Op mode is fantastic and very fun for everyone. I really recommend this game to anyone reading this review.
  27. Mar 16, 2018
    good game, the multiplayer seems fun but you can't play it without friends.
  28. Mar 17, 2018
    I feel like the critics aren't going to get on board with this one. It leans a little heavily on it being a Switch game, it's sometimes a bit too easy, especially in the early game, and it's not the shock and wonder brought by Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. Nintendo may have set the bar a little too high on themselves, so their first party titles are going to have a tough benchmark toI feel like the critics aren't going to get on board with this one. It leans a little heavily on it being a Switch game, it's sometimes a bit too easy, especially in the early game, and it's not the shock and wonder brought by Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. Nintendo may have set the bar a little too high on themselves, so their first party titles are going to have a tough benchmark to achieve.

It doesn't take away from what this game is, however, and that is a great co-op platformer with all of that colorful and creative game play you should expect.

As a single-player game, you will occasionally find yourself relying on NPC behavior to pass certain obstacles, but the NPCs themselves usually are not. That's where some of the ease comes from, in that NPCs tend to know what to do before you do. They will also sacrifice themselves to keep you alive.

Its co-op appeal is high, however, and certainly encouraged. There are plenty of support roles that never leave you feeling like everything is in the hands of one player. There is an impressive variety of playstyles, abilities and even character animations as one would expect from a Nintendo first-party.

As a Kirby fan, it's definitely a solid entry in the series. It feels like a Kirby game, it plays like a Kirby game, and yet still has some surprises and originality. Again, it's not the Odyssey or Breath of the Wild of the series, but it's not an unremarkable game by any means.

A Kirby fan will certain enjoy it, and anyone looking for a co-op platformer which is quite playable with just the Joy Cons will have a ton of fun.
  29. Mar 16, 2018
    Frankly i understand why people are not to keen on this game frankly from my point of view this game is a blast although playing alone is rather easy its a lot better with friends the creative and overall breathtaking visuals is enough to buy it alone but the fun charming game play experience keeps you hooked as does the many call backs to past games celebrating what makes Kirby great ifFrankly i understand why people are not to keen on this game frankly from my point of view this game is a blast although playing alone is rather easy its a lot better with friends the creative and overall breathtaking visuals is enough to buy it alone but the fun charming game play experience keeps you hooked as does the many call backs to past games celebrating what makes Kirby great if your a long time fan pick it up if your looking for difficultly look elsewhere cause this is just a charming simple adventure which may alienate some hardcore gamers despite this Kirby is and will always be a fantastic series Expand
  30. Mar 16, 2018
    This is a must play for any kirby fan it is truely one of the best and unique kirby games with a lot of surprises and a blast to play in co op please by all means give this game a try
  31. Mar 21, 2018
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The visuals look great and overall I just smile while I play this game.
  32. Mar 17, 2018
    I absolutely adore this game. It’s beautifully crafted, and while not anything revolutionary, it’s a ton of fun in both single and multiplayer situations. You’ll probably get more out of it with the co-op, however. Overall, it’s a casual and cute game to let go of some stress, and totally worth trying the demo to see if it’s your kind of thing!
  33. Mar 18, 2018
    跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错跟朋友玩还不错
  34. Mar 22, 2018
    A Kirby game that actually brings something truly new to the table. A fun experience, especially with friends. From a visual standpoint, Kirby has never looked this good before.
  35. Aug 4, 2018
    besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer ever maddddddddddddddddddddddde
  36. Mar 16, 2018
    Any true Kirby fan would find fun in this game. It has a lot of fan service and Memorable characters. People seem to forget the Kirby series was designed for someone not experienced with games to be able and pick up and play, not hardcore gamers. The friends are cool because you can use them to get access to secret areas and different areas of the stage. I will say the dream friends feel aAny true Kirby fan would find fun in this game. It has a lot of fan service and Memorable characters. People seem to forget the Kirby series was designed for someone not experienced with games to be able and pick up and play, not hardcore gamers. The friends are cool because you can use them to get access to secret areas and different areas of the stage. I will say the dream friends feel a little useless and you'd only have them because you like that particular character rather than for their abilities. Also bringing back combined abilities from Kirby 64 was a nice touch. Graphically the game is pretty but there's no excuse for the game not to be 60 frames per second. I'm not subtracting my score because it doesn't have too much of an effect on game play and you don't really notice it after a while. I feel more work went into designing the new characters in this game than in other Kirby games. the generals are all unique with different personalities. I can totally get why someone wouldn't like Kirby, It's not for everyone. I will say most of the negative reviews aren't really talking about the game in particular most just say "It's not fun" or "the game is boring and stale". You have the right to your opinion but that's not very informative. Hal lab. is one of the few companies that do care about their fans and show that they do hence all the fan service in star allies. I would like to see a change in the formula too but the current one isn't bad and if they do change it more people would just complain. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I personally love the game and am glad i got it release day. If you are a fan of Kirby and know how to have fun you will enjoy this game. Expand
  37. Mar 16, 2018
    I agree that this game is not as fun alone then with friends, but still a amazing game in the Kirby series.
  38. Apr 29, 2018
    Kirby returns with an amazing local multiplayer experience. Unfortunately, players that decide to play alone might be left confused over one of the easiest Kirby games to date. The game is perfect for your cliche and typical pizza sleep over and family fun, providing hours and hours of joy for 2-4 players. The game has some of the smartest AI ever, with computer controlled allies in singleKirby returns with an amazing local multiplayer experience. Unfortunately, players that decide to play alone might be left confused over one of the easiest Kirby games to date. The game is perfect for your cliche and typical pizza sleep over and family fun, providing hours and hours of joy for 2-4 players. The game has some of the smartest AI ever, with computer controlled allies in single player working well and logically with the player as they progress. Unfortunately the AI is too smart for its own good, helping the player a little too much. There are some stand out levels ans boss fights, even if I did find them to be easy. Thankfully the boss rush mode has an extreme hard mode that did satisfy my need for challenging fights. Its a very hit and miss experience by myself, but sitting on the sofa with my friends provided some of the funniest hours I've ever had playing games. 8/10 Expand
  39. Mar 21, 2018
    "Kirby" is one of those Nintendo series' that I really enjoy, but I try not to get extremely hyped up when they announce a new game, because the Kirby games are never meant to be Game of the Year contenders. Just some decent, fun little platformers that you can get through quickly between some of the beefier games you may be putting more time into. "Kirby Star Allies," however, was a game"Kirby" is one of those Nintendo series' that I really enjoy, but I try not to get extremely hyped up when they announce a new game, because the Kirby games are never meant to be Game of the Year contenders. Just some decent, fun little platformers that you can get through quickly between some of the beefier games you may be putting more time into. "Kirby Star Allies," however, was a game I was heavily anticipating: after being burned by the less-than-stellar "Kirby and the Rainbow Curse" on the Wii U, it was nice to see a "Kirby" game that brought things back to the traditional platformer roots. And sure enough, "Kirby Star Allies" does all that and more.
    From the jump, "Kirby Star Allies" is an absolutely gorgeous game. It's just brimming with color, and the game itself is just so filled with eye-candy that even someone that's cynical to stuff like this can't help but appreciate it. The game also feels incredibly faithful to some of Kirby's best adventures, and there's so much fanservice thrown in that the game as a whole just feels like a love-letter to the best games in the franchise. There's also plenty of stuff that keeps the gameplay fresh and exciting, and the 4-player co-op mechanic adds a nice touch of strategy to the game (while, again, feeling like a callback to "Kirby 64" with the combination of abilities).
    Of course, the game is not immaculate: it's extremely short, and even longtime "Kirby" fans like myself will yearn for something with a bit more depth to it. On top of that, the game itself is extremely easy, and once again, even longtime "Kirby" fans like myself might yearn for a game that challenges them just a little bit more.
    Overall, though, "Kirby Star Allies" is quite possibly one of Kirby's best adventures yet, and it's definitely a worthwhile addition to what's becoming an ever-growing collection of really great Nintendo Switch titles.
    Final rating: 8 out of 10 "Great"
  40. Apr 1, 2018
    I dont like people that hate kirby im a kirby fan boy and star allies is the best game ever in my opinion the gameplay is great the visuals are pretty and the content i wish it was a bit longer but the mode you play as a ally the boss rush and the 2 minigames make it very amazing. if you have a nintendo switch you need to play this game
  41. May 6, 2018
    Great game, lovely visiuals cool gimmick but it's too slowpased for my taste and yes it's too easy. But with 4 this is a great co-op game
  42. Jul 30, 2020
    This game is amazing! I love that it feels somewhat challenging yet not too bad at the same time. Veterans will want more of a challenge but I don't mind it's simplistic nature. The graphics are gorgeous, the levels are fun, the frame rate is solid and if you have a friend who wants to get into gaming and enjoys a cutesy type games, this is a good entry level. I love anything Kirby, so toThis game is amazing! I love that it feels somewhat challenging yet not too bad at the same time. Veterans will want more of a challenge but I don't mind it's simplistic nature. The graphics are gorgeous, the levels are fun, the frame rate is solid and if you have a friend who wants to get into gaming and enjoys a cutesy type games, this is a good entry level. I love anything Kirby, so to have a game made specifically for the Switch makes me so happy! I 100% recommend this game. Expand
  43. Mar 21, 2018
    A game that satisfies new and old Kirby players with an interesting twist on the formula and a great local co-op experience!
  44. May 3, 2020
    Kirby Games Never Get Old! And Kirby Star Allies Never Ceases To Amaze Me! A Kirby Game For The Switch Was What I Wanted!
  45. Apr 23, 2018
    Kirby star alies is a solid game in the series but it is still a good game in it's own rights
  46. JPK
    Jun 20, 2019
    Another Damn Great Kirby Game
    Kirby just never gets old, and this game is more proof of that.
  47. Jun 1, 2018
    Its another kirby. Its beautiful well made. And a few new powers not much we can ask from a classic. This is still a must play.
  48. Jun 8, 2018
    It's an enjoyable videogame, and incredible fun, especially near the end. Although level design isn't perfect when compared to other similar 2d platformers, the boss battles are this game's highlight, and I've spent over 50 hours fighting the boss rush mode.
  49. Jan 18, 2019
    Kirby Star Allies is a fun and relaxing game to play through with friends and family, or even solo. Its colorful visuals, incredible soundtrack, and attention to detail will astound fans of the pink puffball as well as some newcomers. However, it must be known that Kirby games are generally not known for their difficulty. These games are meant to be enjoyed a different way.

However, I

However, I only had the chance to play this game with the recent updates, which of course includes the museum to add characters like DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and past superstars to your team. While there are other newly added features as well, had I not had them at the beginning I think I would have been a bit disappointed with the game. Some of the new mechanics are interesting like buddy team ups and elemental weapon upgrades, but this is not enough content to release the game at a $60 price tag. That said, these new and free updates have picked this game up to the level expected of a a full-fledged Kirby title.

I certainly think Kirby Star Allies has received some warranted as well as unnecessary criticism, but the fact still remains that this is a game worth your time, especially if you're an old school Kirby fan. Enjoy playing through the fantastic visuals and please, please, please take the time to truly enjoy the soundtrack.
  50. Apr 6, 2018
    This game is very obviously aimed at younger children with the simplistic levels and gameplay. That being said, it's still very enjoyable, especially when playing with a friend.
  51. Mar 24, 2018
    Acabei de jogar a DEMO e digo sem medo de errar ... DIVERTIDO COMO SEMPRE !!
    Vou comprar a versão física assim que der $$
  52. Apr 19, 2018
    A REALLY fun and charming Switch game, and looks better than a certain game that released after it (*cough* Detective Pikachu *cough*). But it's held back by some pretty big flaws.

Pros: + Presentation: NEARLY perfect. + Soundtrack: AMAZING! But then again, Kirby always has top notch soundtracks. + Graphics: ...Why does Kirby have such great graphics? + Game Modes: Story Mode was

Pros:
    + Presentation: NEARLY perfect.
    + Soundtrack: AMAZING! But then again, Kirby always has top notch soundtracks.
    + Graphics: ...Why does Kirby have such great graphics?
    + Game Modes: Story Mode was pretty fun, the minigames were good, and the post-game modes were amazing.
    + Story: I mean, it's not the best (obviously), but for a platformer, it's pretty good.

Bad:
    - Difficulty: Oh wow, a Mario Odyssey fan complains about a game being too easy! Hahaha! No. Unlike Odyssey, I put almost no effort into the story mode. If it wasn't for co-op and a certain post-game challenge, it would be a WAY too easy game.
    - Length of Story Mode: As much as I liked the Story in the game, it was just way too short for me. That combined with the lack of difficulty puts this game down a bit.

Overall, Kirby Star Allies warrants an 8.7/10 from me. A great, yet flawed return to console for Kirby. (Also, I forgot to mention this was the first Kirby I've played since Super Star Ultra.)
  53. Jun 1, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies adorably comes into the Nintendo Switch collection. Despite its lack of story and its sadly quiet amount of story mode levels, Kirby fits between the major titles of the consoles with its incredible visual impression. The new allies AI are very nice to play with, but sometimes they bothered me by not doing the exact power combination I want. And in some levels, it seemsKirby Star Allies adorably comes into the Nintendo Switch collection. Despite its lack of story and its sadly quiet amount of story mode levels, Kirby fits between the major titles of the consoles with its incredible visual impression. The new allies AI are very nice to play with, but sometimes they bothered me by not doing the exact power combination I want. And in some levels, it seems that they do all the job and you're just here to wait for them to finish and get the collectibles, tiny bad point there. Even tho, the stages are pretty well done and the puzzles are maybe a little bit too easy.

The other "arena mode" have always been here and feel the same as always: too easy at first, frustrating in the end, but you're not forced to play it (not for the 100%...). The Let's Go Allies thing mode (don't remember how you call that) seems pretty cool and challenging for casual players and hardcore gamers. The tiny mini-games are fun for 2 games and then... I don't think I would go in these things to play with friends or even to have personal fun.

And yeah, playing those dream friends (such as Marx!) is a very pleasant experience if you're a long-time Kirby fan. And like we've seen in Super Mario Odyssey, common updates are always a new satisfaction for those Kirby fans (I mean, they're all epic!).
  54. May 17, 2018
    Kirby was my first ever game, so it takes a special place in my heart. The nostalgic bosses and gameplay combined with the new bosses, friend heart, and controls have been once again perfected by Nintendo. Despite having a short campaign, there is lots to do to challenge oneself and get true 100% completion(including the pictures). Since the computers can be extremely dumb when controlled,Kirby was my first ever game, so it takes a special place in my heart. The nostalgic bosses and gameplay combined with the new bosses, friend heart, and controls have been once again perfected by Nintendo. Despite having a short campaign, there is lots to do to challenge oneself and get true 100% completion(including the pictures). Since the computers can be extremely dumb when controlled, it loses 0.5 points. It loses another 0.5 points because the series has more potential. However, that does not dismiss the true value contained in this great game. Expand
  55. Mar 19, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a fun little game which expands on the multiplayer of Kirby games. But I feel it could have been so much more. The linear path of the game makes it fall a bit. It also was a bit short and I found myself ignoring my friends half of the time. But the game was just so much fun. I enjoyed every second and the multiplayer was fun. I enjoyed it all the way through and theKirby Star Allies is a fun little game which expands on the multiplayer of Kirby games. But I feel it could have been so much more. The linear path of the game makes it fall a bit. It also was a bit short and I found myself ignoring my friends half of the time. But the game was just so much fun. I enjoyed every second and the multiplayer was fun. I enjoyed it all the way through and the final boss was a kick. And it’s already the fourth day and I’ve 100% it. Even though the game is conceptually easy (until the ultimate choice) it was still a blast. Expand
  56. Mar 19, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies definitely is not the best of the Kirby series, but if you are a Kirby fan and own a Switch, I would still pick it up. I just wish the game was longer and had more difficulty to justify its $60 price tag.
  57. Mar 19, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It follows what you expect of a Kirby game pretty well. It starts fairly easy in terms of levels and puzzles but over time escalates. With the maximum difficulty being the optional content after the main campaign.

Single players will be relieved to know the partner AI is rather intelligent and can recognize when their abilities are used for something specific. However Co-op may be where you prefer if you wish to solve puzzles on your own. Be sure to turn hints off in the options menu.

The focus on mix-matching elements and abilities leads to a process of creatively solving puzzles in different ways as well as gives way to making best combinations of partners.

The bosses are an excellent mix of old and new. I love the generals designs and element themes and the main villain Hyness is hilarious if you remembered Zant's craziness from Zelda; Twilight Princess. Older bosses like Dedede and Meta Knight have new tricks as well. The final boss himself is a classic Kirby trope of something intimidating and admittedly creepy in some aspects. But the fight itself is incredible, mixing regular bossfight gameplay with a type of vehicle shooter.

The post-main story has two modes, a partner's only run through of the story levels with a unique final boss and the Kirby main-series staple; An Arena Mode boss rush. The Arena does a new decision of difficulty selection with a hidden *True Arena" at it's max difficulty.

My one and really only gripe is the abundance of extra lives. You can easily hit 100+ with just a normal playthrough if you're experienced in Kirby games even with a few occasional deaths. You can also point out the simplicity of solo mode when the AI for partners is pretty smart.

The game is still a fun time. Definitely recommend this for either single player or co-op experience.
  58. Apr 8, 2018
    I actually liked 80% of the game... hence 8/10. The "game", the levels themselves were well-balanced I thought. Some were super easy but others were moderate to hard (the final bosses).

At first, I thought the game was too short, I finished it in a weekend. But then I noticed I didn't find all the major puzzle pieces or all the buttons. I did that over this weekend, So I got 24+ hours of gameplay out of it.

What I DISLIKE about the game is the final round. Kirby is so cute and then he has to fight demons. Like 20 minutes of them. I don't get it.
  59. Mar 30, 2018
    This game is really fun and I love it. Some could say this game is easy but this easiness make the game really fun and enjoyable even if sometimes it can become boring but the diversity of the gameplay makes him even more fun
  60. Apr 10, 2018
    An amazing Kirby game with a beautiful 2D world.
    The game isn't that hard to play through, but still a great experience.
    Playing the game together is a must! It's so much more fun than playing alone with the AI.
  61. Apr 10, 2018
    I absolutely enjoyed this game!! It is a game that can easliy be played with one player or four! Although, I wish Kirby got a bigger game for the switch, Kirby Star Allies Feels like one of the 3DS games where a little gimmic is added and then bam, same formula as past Kirby games. Nonetheless, it is still a fun game and I enjoyed it.
  62. Apr 12, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is a wonderful Kirby game. Sure, it's shorter than others, but it doesn't make it bad. Everything just looks beautiful and well polished. Even if there were only 4 worlds, the levels were longer than usual. Some of the bosses are easy but fun. My favorite part of the game is the final boss. The music and the fight is just... AMAZING! This game is really great, the onlyKirby Star Allies is a wonderful Kirby game. Sure, it's shorter than others, but it doesn't make it bad. Everything just looks beautiful and well polished. Even if there were only 4 worlds, the levels were longer than usual. Some of the bosses are easy but fun. My favorite part of the game is the final boss. The music and the fight is just... AMAZING! This game is really great, the only problem is that it's easier than the other Kirby games, but it's still great! Expand
  63. Apr 20, 2018
    It is short, but every single second of it is really fun. It isn't a masterpiece, nor is it meant to be one. If all you're looking for is a fun game that never wastes your time and you already have Super Mario Odyssey, look no further. Also, this is just the prettiest switch game to look at. However, Star Allies lacks depth and is a bit too chaotic when playing with four star allies, butIt is short, but every single second of it is really fun. It isn't a masterpiece, nor is it meant to be one. If all you're looking for is a fun game that never wastes your time and you already have Super Mario Odyssey, look no further. Also, this is just the prettiest switch game to look at. However, Star Allies lacks depth and is a bit too chaotic when playing with four star allies, but it can be really challenging playing only as Kirby, which is what i did, and i had a blast. Just do not expect it to be a masterpiece and it will be one of the best games you've played. Expand
  64. Apr 27, 2018
    I think all that needs to be said is: I got to kick the **** out of a sentient tree, just amazing. 10/10
  65. May 23, 2018
    Star Allies manages to feel different from both the 3DS games and Return to Dreamland, while also being the best and arguably the only good 2D platformer for the Switch. Its short story length is subverted by the huge amount of post-game content, and the story mode's inherent replayability.
  66. Aug 11, 2018
    Come on, Kirby is a fun and relaxing game. It is no Mario or Zelda obviously, Kirby is a pink marshmallow, but still, the game is charming in every way. The game isn't perfect, but I very much enjoyed playing it!
  67. May 26, 2018
    CARA AMEI MT BOM ESSE JOGO nota 10!!!

uwefyuAYGFIKSETGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffg
  68. Jun 14, 2018
    It's quite a fun kirby experience and is good for inexperienced people and offers some interesting things to do with the abilities, although they have been dumbed down since Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards. The gameplay is really easy, but rather enjoyable if you just want to sit down and chill out. Although it is easier than a lot of kirby games, it's still a good amount of fun
  69. Jul 4, 2018
    Great game deserves more than a 7.4. As a long time kirby fan i quite enjoyed this game this game is a Nintendo switch must have.
  70. Sep 13, 2019
    un juego ultra divertido y kawai, unos diseños muy bonitos y unos niveles entretenidos, lo único que falla es la carencia de combinación de poderes y el que no se te de por rejugarlo, pero por lo demás es muy bueno y unos modos de juego decentes, un juego digno de mi personaje favorito de nintendo
  71. Oct 8, 2018
    This is the easiest game by quite a bit, but a really fun game with new characters per update? Sweet!
  72. Oct 23, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kirby's back and better (Spoilers) You Can Friend Enimies From The last few games But The Best Part is Dream Friends Unlock Guest Star Mode and you can play as the Dream Friends The Ultimate Choice Is Basiclly The Arena Where you fight the bosses you fought and you can watch all the cutsenes in the theather Thats All Expand
  73. Nov 24, 2018
    What an awesome Kirby Game! As a person who loves Kirby, it is such a epic game to play head-to-toe. The graphics, the theme of friendship, the levels, catchy earworms, EXCELLENT. Having 4 worlds might be a tad short but the plotline makes it worth getting. Keep this up, Nintendo!
  74. Nov 15, 2018
    Was already fun as just Kirby can get before, but now that its getting extra content its even better, specially with all the classic characters in such a massive multitude coming back, each with their own moveset.
  75. Nov 25, 2018
    while not as good as the 3DS Kirby games, this game is perfect if you want a multiplayer Kirby game. plus, it has ongoing free DLC.
  76. Dec 21, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies is one of the best Kirby games, and a must have for any Kirby fan. As per tradition, the way you tackle the levels depends entirely on your expertise (you can float above danger, use abilities to destroy enemies, and even get help from 3 player friends/CPU helpers which you get from throwing hearts at foes). You can mix some abilities to interesting effects, but one ofKirby Star Allies is one of the best Kirby games, and a must have for any Kirby fan. As per tradition, the way you tackle the levels depends entirely on your expertise (you can float above danger, use abilities to destroy enemies, and even get help from 3 player friends/CPU helpers which you get from throwing hearts at foes). You can mix some abilities to interesting effects, but one of the best additions comes in the form of Dream Friends: characters from past Kirby titles (like Adeleine from Kirby 64, Marx from Superstar, Magolor from Return to Dreamland, among others) who can be made partners in the main adventure, and you can even PLAY AS THEM in the other modes: this makes Kirby Star Allies the only Kirby game where you can play as 12 (+1) unique characters (not counting Kirby and his plethora of abilities)! Many were released as free DLC updates through the year, and as of December 2018, all free DLC updates have been released, which make the game feel like the anniversary Kirby game it surely is. When you finish the main story mode, you unlock "Guest Star ???", which lets you play as an ability helper or Dream Friend trough modified levels of the main game (and Dream Friends get extra love, because their levels are mostly based around their unique abilities and game of origin). If you want an extra difficult challenge, you can enter "Heroes in Another Dimension", where you'll have to collect 120 hearts across four levels filled with puzzles, death traps and powered-up versions of past bosses. AND if you ever want to take a break from platforming and just get to the bosses, "The Ultimate Challenge" has you covered. As this game's "Arena" and "True Arena", you get to decide the difficulty level (and number of bosses you face) at the start of the challenge. This time, however, you can test your skills as any of the Dream Friends, and even unlock new difficulty levels! The visuals are gorgeous, the music is great (with many remixes of past Kirby tunes), and you can unlock special illustrations by collecting puzzle pieces along your way (in all game modes). This game is one of the sweetest Kirby games, and the love and attention to Kirby history makes this one of my favorite Kirby titles and Switch games this year. If you're a newcomer to the genre of platforming games, a seasoned player looking for 100% completition, a Kirby fan, or someone who likes to have a fun time with friends or familiy blasting trough gorgeous worlds, Kirby Star Allies is the way to go! Expand
  77. Jan 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Испортили самое главное, что есть в Кирби – Геймплей. Крайне навязчивые компьютерные игроки бегут впереди и делают всё за тебя. Взрослых это бесит, ребенка ничему не учит!
    Продолжаем играть в Кирби на 3ДС.
    Надо сделать, что бы компьютерные помощники полностью отключались, а пока невозможно играть.
  78. Jun 13, 2020
    Espléndido juego la verdad sus mecánicas y jefes la única pega es la difícultad
  79. Apr 9, 2019
    Not my favorite kirby game but it is fun. while it is VERY easy and a bit slow at times its a blast with friends and family. the extra content that was added is also alot of fun and adds alot of variety. i dont really have much to say about this game as its fun but everything you see if kinda what you get. however the fan service in this game cannot be praised enough

8/10 a fun game

8/10 a fun game just a bit lacking in content
  80. Jul 25, 2020
    The base game is slightly disappointing, and the difficulty remains a bit lacking, but the new ideas that it brings to the series are quite commendable. The return of helpers, 4-player co-op, and ability/elemental mixing are all very welcome and feel fresh. There is a lack of collectibles and challenge, as it's far to easy to just steamroll your way through the levels without much effortThe base game is slightly disappointing, and the difficulty remains a bit lacking, but the new ideas that it brings to the series are quite commendable. The return of helpers, 4-player co-op, and ability/elemental mixing are all very welcome and feel fresh. There is a lack of collectibles and challenge, as it's far to easy to just steamroll your way through the levels without much effort thanks to the lack of balancing for the helpers. Bosses also go down far too easily. The game is however vastly improved with the free DLC updates, which I am taking into account for this review and it's score. The new Dream Friend characters are fantastic, and act as love letters to the series' past. The Heroes in Another Dimension mode fixes many of the problems present in the main game, adding far more difficulty and exploration. These new additions, alongside the furthering of the Kirby series lore, make this a great entry in the series, though it still doesn't reach the peaks of the other 2010 releases from HAL, even with the fantastic DLC content. Expand
  81. Apr 28, 2019
    After all the updates, its a pretty solid game. You will get fun if you play it with friends.
  82. Sep 13, 2019
    Só porque o jogo é fácil não significa que ele é ruim e Kirby star Allies é um jogo muito divertido
  83. Jun 4, 2019
    OH BOY! its Kirby time for a review! (I didn't made a Kirby review but im a huge Fan of the series, im just a bigger fan for the Mother series...WE ARENT TALKING ABOUT EARTHBOUND!)

welp, Kirby star allies is a blast, I think this is more like a commemorative game, there are 3 new abilities, and they bring back some classics fro Kirby Super Star (Like the Yo-Yo, they brought back Yo-Yo...KIRBY BECAME NESS >:( ) is fella fun when you play with your friends, the puzzles aren't sooooo mind blowing, nah. in this game, Kirby got a new power, the friend heart, if you throw at an enemy, he will become your friend. Also, you can use your friend abilities to combine with yours! its Like in Kirby 64 and Squeak squad. Anyways, the only things I don't like in the game is the level design and the puzzles, the level design is...lame, I mean, not that I hate it, I just don't feel like this would be like a Kirby Planet Robobot Level for example, and the puzzles are too easy.
    So the first thing you gotta do when you start the game, is turn off the tips, cause they will tell you exactly what you need to do in the puzzles, and since the puzzles are easy, the tips are kinda useless .

SO...I GIVE KIRBY STAR ALLIES A...9,4 out of 10

The game is awesome, its like a class of Kirby History, telling all the enemies, characters, and this graphics...we never saw a Kirby game in full HD! the composers (3 composers) made a magnificent sound track...if your a Kirby Fan that played games like Super Star, Robobot, Triple Deluxe and return to dream land, you will love this game.
  84. Jun 18, 2019
    silly, fun and great for young kids, comical and it is 4 player local same screen coop which is really fun.
  85. Jun 20, 2019
    Kirby Star Allies is a good game that features Kirby. The game has good story mode and has plenty of sub-modes to play after the main mode is done. The soundtrack is also really good like most Kirby games. The game is really good but is a little bit short even when 100% completing the game.
  86. Aug 4, 2019
    es uno de los mejores juegos de kirby que e jugado con unos graficos increibles y multijugador que hace el juego mas entretenido lo recomiendo mucho
  87. Aug 31, 2019
    Not a game of another world but its enjoyable, if you are a fan of these kind of games, buy it
  88. Mar 9, 2020
    As much as I love Kirby, this game proves that the series needs a major shakeup in order to be amazing again. The free DLC was good!
  89. Oct 6, 2019
    I Like this game, because i like kirby, and i have nibtendo swutch, so i give 10 of 10
  90. Mar 7, 2020
    Kirby star allies is one of the most beautiful games that i have played, i like the mechanic of making friends and it´s even funnier when you play with your friends
  91. Jun 11, 2020
    It's a refurbished classic game! Easy do play. It's a game to have some fun and laugh!
  92. Jan 21, 2020
    great game, tons of new bosses while also including all the classic ones, 10/10 would recommend
  93. Feb 24, 2020
    Kirby Star Allies is a very fun game. The controls are simple, the graphics are great, and there are a vast wealth of things to do on the game including being different characters which are also enemies. I also like the different combimation attacks with different characters.

If I have to choose one blemish it is the issue of difficulty which is way too easy. Overall still a great game.
  94. Feb 7, 2020
    I loved it especially after all the updates made after the games release. you can tell the developers cared about the game :)
  95. Feb 8, 2020
    Kirby Star Allies is truly a stunning Game with it's wonderful graphics and story. In the other hand it is really easy, but for a kid's game thats just fine.
  96. Feb 19, 2020
    El juego es muy corto y muy fácil, sí me lo pasé en un día, pero es precioso gráficamente y extremadamente divertido, lo recomiendo.
  97. Oct 1, 2020
    It's somewhat boring. Less funny than The Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dream Land.
  98. Apr 11, 2020
    Beautiful. I love this game, even if it is really short. The 3 dlc are good and there is a lot of fan service.
  99. Aug 6, 2020
    Kirby Star Allies follows the lineage of his older brothers. A colorful universe, an OST worthy of the saga, a visually resulting Artistic direction, DLC en masse. Despite a new mechanism "the hearts" too falculative, this opus switch gives me lots of stars in my eyes.
  100. Jun 1, 2020
    Kirby Star Allies is a really fun Kirby game, but it does have some questionable design choices. Gameplay-wise, this game feels great. The co-op mode is a blast and Kirby's accessibility is always a plus. Kirby plays as he usually does. If you consume your enemies, you can gain their powers. Kirby can float by mashing the jump button which can make some areas pretty cheesable. Kirby's newKirby Star Allies is a really fun Kirby game, but it does have some questionable design choices. Gameplay-wise, this game feels great. The co-op mode is a blast and Kirby's accessibility is always a plus. Kirby plays as he usually does. If you consume your enemies, you can gain their powers. Kirby can float by mashing the jump button which can make some areas pretty cheesable. Kirby's new gimmick is that he can toss a friend heart to convert his foes into his very own paisanos. You can only have 4 friends at once though. Friends can turn into your converted enemies to join in the chaos. One major complaint I have is that there are no difficulty options in the main campaign, making this game stale to those who want a challenge or frustrating for those somehow having a rough time.

This game has a load of personality. It's incredibly charming and cute to see little details such as friends dancing with you after a well-deserved victory. The music is amazing and there are loads of peppy bangers to get your day started.

Perhaps the biggest problem about this game is that it just sorta feels like a downgrade to its successors on the DS. I'm not massive about fps, but DS Kirby games running at 60 fps and Star Allies running at 30 fps feels like a big downgrade. The pricing point of this game is also pretty ridiculous. 60 bucks for a game that'll only last you a few hours is laughable. Indie games that are 15 bucks have lasted me over hundreds of hours.

In conclusion, Kirby Star Allies is a great game for casual gamers and fans, but I'd recommend waiting for a price drop. Having a lovely day/night, folks!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 83 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 15, 2018
    Though it’s not technically perfect by any means, Star Allies remains entertaining from start to finish. Let the puffball meet the misfits, it’s time for Kirby to shine on Switch.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    Simply put, Star Allies looks great, sounds great and plays great. [05/2018, p.47]
  3. Jun 2, 2018
    Kirby Star Allies makes the simplicity of smiling a lasting thing. The game is beautiful and has music that impresses by it's quality. The title is very amusing and if you can join three more friends, you will have one of the funniest experiences on the Nintendo Switch. It is an experience that should be appreciated in its entirety.