8.3

1. Sep 30, 2019
    The game is just plain fun with beautiful visuals and a bangin' soundtrack. Like someone else mentioned, it's like reliving the glory days of the Sega Dreamcast (Probably my favourite system of all time.Minor slowdown on certain stages (may have gotten patched?) Bottom line, this game is dope.
  2. Aug 17, 2019
    I'm always on the lookout for really cool ideas in game design. Pong meets Street Fighter? Yeah, that's completely awesome. I'm only not giving it a perfect score because Story mode lacks a method of changing fight difficulty. The soundtrack and aesthetic make me feel like my Dreamcast never got unplugged from my TV, which is one of the highest compliments I can give. I look forward toI'm always on the lookout for really cool ideas in game design. Pong meets Street Fighter? Yeah, that's completely awesome. I'm only not giving it a perfect score because Story mode lacks a method of changing fight difficulty. The soundtrack and aesthetic make me feel like my Dreamcast never got unplugged from my TV, which is one of the highest compliments I can give. I look forward to seeing what else Team Reptile can do! Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2019
    This is one of those games that you can just pop in at anytime and have fun for either 3 minutes or 3 hours.
  4. Mar 1, 2021
    In short, the game s great. he ost is a bop, the art style is very unique, and the gameplay is splendid! You can pop in for 1 minute or 1 hour, and you'll have a great time... as a long-time fighting game fan, I love this game, cause its different, its refreshing! Overall great! 10/10

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 26, 2019
    If you're not a fan of multiplayer games, then once you've beaten Lethal League Blaze's story mode and arcade mode, there's little to entice you back into the fray. Nevertheless, the gameplay itself is remarkably versatile, allowing newcomers to get stuck right in whilst more seasoned players can tinker with the game's many intricacies. Throw in an amazing soundtrack and some fantastic cel-shaded visuals, and you've got a competitive game that's engaging in terms of both its presentation and its instantly accessible gameplay.
  2. Jul 22, 2019
    Put simply Lethal League Blaze is one of the best multiplayer experiences I’ve had on the Nintendo Switch. Just sit a group around the television and watch the hours quickly melt away, the game’s chaotic action never failing to drop jaws and get its players on the edge of their seats. Fighting with your fists is entertaining sure but smashing your opponent with a ball moving at the speed of sound is even better.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    Lethal League Blaze is an excellent game for the competitive crowd, but it’s a bit hard to recommend on the Switch over other versions. The eccentric character designs, great soundtrack, and blazing-fast gameplay are charming, but the performance issues and online gripes means this version falls short from being a masterpiece.