6.8

1. Jun 4, 2020
    Finally something new and creative. If words like cyberpunk, noir, action-adventure, or graphic novel mean something to you - you should give it a try.
  2. Jun 2, 2020
    Very compelling and visually attractive indie videogame. I hope this new kind of a interactive comic game genre will expand after this title, as Liberated is really something new, fresh and entertaining on the market.
  3. Jun 4, 2020
    Liberated is a great indie game that has truly a deep plot. This plot isn't for everybody but for me it hit the right spot. I don't want to spoiler the plot, since it's rather a short game, but the ending shocked me (I thought it would go the other way). I love the ragdoll in this game, it made me laugh so many times (even with such a deep/dark plot). Visually this game is gorgeous it'sLiberated is a great indie game that has truly a deep plot. This plot isn't for everybody but for me it hit the right spot. I don't want to spoiler the plot, since it's rather a short game, but the ending shocked me (I thought it would go the other way). I love the ragdoll in this game, it made me laugh so many times (even with such a deep/dark plot). Visually this game is gorgeous it's clearly visible that the Atomic Wolf spent a lot of time with this indie. Dark visuals goes so well with this type of plot. Also, audio was minimalistic/simplistic, but that's what was so good about it. If the sound was flashy then it would be out of the place, so yup simplicity is good. In my opinion the only negative aspect was that nearly every loading was quite long :/ 9/10 Expand
  4. Jul 19, 2020
    The game is excellent and have good history. The developers must perfomr a patch or improvement on the command for shot, it is very uncomfortable to use the right jockstick due have a lot of issues for aim and have a lot of movement. Please fix this and your game will be definitely the best way for improve the rating.
  5. Jun 2, 2020
    I like this game very much! I like everything in it, for example: a very good idea that everything is a comic book. But there's only one thing that I can stick to. That is, to poor graphics during the 3D transition. But the rest is great!
  6. Jun 2, 2020
    Completely unjustified complaints coming in from some big sites. The game was fantastic!
  7. Jun 10, 2020
    Liberated is a small unique indie game with a fresh idea, it’s story and gameplay are told via a comic book style and it’s really well done. The story is the main focus of this game and it’s excellent, the visuals on the comics are superb. The gameplay in the other hand is kinda mediocre, it’s mostly shoot for the head 2D game but there is some puzzles here and there which is cool and all.Liberated is a small unique indie game with a fresh idea, it’s story and gameplay are told via a comic book style and it’s really well done. The story is the main focus of this game and it’s excellent, the visuals on the comics are superb. The gameplay in the other hand is kinda mediocre, it’s mostly shoot for the head 2D game but there is some puzzles here and there which is cool and all. The game is not that long anyway it’s 3-4 hours which is kinda sad not gonna lie. Liberated is a unique game, with its take on story telling via comic book style 2D adventure game is done very well, I just wish they added just a bit more gameplay mechanics and more chapters to play. (Good 3/5) Give It A Try! Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2020
    This is another INSIDE type of clone with a fresh comic book style but it seems they forgot about the gameplay because is terrible and repetitive. the story is like Mr. robot for kids.
  9. Jul 5, 2020
    This game is utterly pointless. The choices you make in the game do not affect the outcome in any way. Your choices only delay the predetermined outcome. It’s a damn waste of time.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 16, 2020
    Liberated is a game that could have been better. The premise is fine but full of clichés, and there's nothing new to make it more interesting to those who have heard these stories countless times already. The presentation is nice, but the pauses between page turns feel unnecessary considering the style. The gameplay feels repetitive, since direct violence is the only viable answer. Unless you've been dying to get this one the moment it was announced, you'd be better served putting it off for something else instead.
  2. Aug 12, 2020
    The comic setting works great, and the story is an interesting take on the overused dystopian and Orwellian future. Liberated snatches attention with its premise and the neo-noir aesthetic, but ultimately ends up feeling unfinished. The dialogue choices and the puzzles feel tacked on and undeveloped. The style looks great in stills, but in action it's messy. It feels like this so close to being something truly special, it just needed a bit more time.
  3. Aug 9, 2020
    It may not look next-gen on your 4K TV running through your PS4 Pro, but it doesn’t need to. Conversely, I thought it was well suited to something like the Switch: much like a comic, you hold it in your hands and flick through at your own pace. In that regard, Atomic Wolf have nailed it.