8.3

1. Jul 1, 2018
    This has to be my favorite way to play yet. Now the story is short being 3-4 hours, but the experience you get is some of the best on switch. I have played this game on IOS, XBOX 360, and WINDOWS 10 but this is the best one yet! The controls are great, the way they display it is something to be framed, and the ending leaves you questioning and theorizing. This is a must have for SwitchThis has to be my favorite way to play yet. Now the story is short being 3-4 hours, but the experience you get is some of the best on switch. I have played this game on IOS, XBOX 360, and WINDOWS 10 but this is the best one yet! The controls are great, the way they display it is something to be framed, and the ending leaves you questioning and theorizing. This is a must have for Switch owners!

Controls: 10
    Style: 10
    Music: (None (But none needed))
    Ending: 10
    Overall : 10
  2. Jul 3, 2018
    If you like solving puzzle in a 2d game, then Limbo is the game for you. the environment is this game is something special. I played it on Xbox one and loved it . with switch you can bring this game anywhere you want to. when you done with this 6-8 hours game, try to complete it without dying !
  3. Jan 28, 2022
    Some of the puzzles and platforming challenges toward the end of the game were annoying. This game is all about atmosphere, and when you’re stuck, that atmosphere is ruined. There was really no need for this. There was one puzzle involving a magnet box at the very end that just makes zero sense. Check the chapter list, and if you’re a few rooms from the end and there’s a magnet box inSome of the puzzles and platforming challenges toward the end of the game were annoying. This game is all about atmosphere, and when you’re stuck, that atmosphere is ruined. There was really no need for this. There was one puzzle involving a magnet box at the very end that just makes zero sense. Check the chapter list, and if you’re a few rooms from the end and there’s a magnet box in front of you, just look immediately at a walk-through. Trust me, you will just waste your time if you try to figure it out. It makes absolutely no sense. Expand
  4. Nov 12, 2018
    Limbo is minimalistic in its design, offers limited guidance and is shrouded in an unnerving sense of dread and mystery. You are dropped into a forest playing a young boy who seemingly must escape or progress through the unwinding labyrinth before you.

The sound design is fantastic with audio cues sometimes the only thing giving you a hint to what lies ahead and the aesthetic is suitably gloomy and foreboding. The gameplay mechanics are simple, intuitive and don't outstay their welcome in this short but worthwhile adventure.

Even though this is a short game, it is often challenging and occasionally left me stumped as to how to progress. If you are after a short game with fantastic art and a bleak horror setting to take on the go this is for you. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the teams follow up 'Inside' which is next on my hit list.
  5. Aug 16, 2019
    Will there ever be another game like Limbo? This game proves that you can build something that is both a proper playable game (complete with physics puzzles that are brilliant in their economy) and a piece of art.

With another art direction, Limbo would be a pleasant, but ultimately irrelevant puzzle-platformer. Instead, its creepy, subtly unnerving style makes it an experience you won't forget. Other games tried to pad simple gameplay with gorgeous art: Gris comes to mind. They all lack something. In the case of Gris, its gameplay is a tad too simplistic and repetitive. In the case of other games, the art not quite up there. Limbo does it right on both counts.

Disclaimer: Limbo is short. If you're one of those gamers who like getting lost in a long experience, you might be disappointed. My first playthrough of Limbo, with a friend, started after a late dinner. When we finished the game, stunned and fascinated, it was light outside. But those few hours have been hard to forget, and I had to relive them by playing through the game again on the Switch.
  6. Sep 13, 2020
    An indie classic. Haunting and poignant. A clever game you can return again and again.
  7. Sep 17, 2021
    通关!阴间解谜游戏,食脑虫太yue惹! 不过游戏本身很有魔力,物理引擎真是太棒了,手感赞。 卡关了好几个地方,还好有攻略。 有些地方容错率很低,很有挑战性的说,值得一玩。
  8. Nov 3, 2018
    A horror puzzle platformer with a beautiful atmospheric style. Limbo is memorable and every progression is rewarding and delightful. When you're not engrossed in figuring out the puzzle you'll find yourself admiring the attention to detail and the way the minimalistic aesthetics feel rich and realistic.

The only drawback is that sometimes it was difficult to distinguish interactive

The only drawback is that sometimes it was difficult to distinguish interactive elements from the world. Eventually you learn to try everything but I found myself baffled only to realize I could interact with an item I had been dying next to repeatedly.
  9. Dec 19, 2018
    The game is absolutely brilliant and the playability is perfect. The feeling of progress is incredible.
    The unic problem is the duration, it last 6h. The playhablity and the mechanics could offer 6 hour more.
  10. Apr 22, 2021
    A phenomenal puzzle game with a tremendously eerie atmosphere. Not really anything to complain about, it pretty much perfectly executes what it's going for.
  11. Sep 19, 2019
    The game is well designed. It provides a lot of fun. It is definitely an example of how games should be created. The only drawback for me is its length, the game is too short for me.
  12. Dec 31, 2020
    Simple and minimalistic, but with a unique and intriguing artistic flair. I liked the style a lot.
    Puzzles were well thought out and interesting offering a perfect balance of challenge with out being frustrating. It hook me and motivated me to solve each challenge out of curiosity of what they came up with next. I can easily recommend. I'm off to see what they're other title "INSIDE" is all about.
  13. Apr 8, 2022
    Really good puzzles .................................................................................................
  14. Jan 20, 2021
    Brilliant game. Haunting atmosphere, the sound design and music is absolutely sublime, the puzzles are varied and very creative. Games like this are the reason I play video games. A work of art!
  15. Jul 7, 2021
    Great game! The ambience and art are spot on. It’s perfectly made , controls respond on point. Love the mood (creepy) created. It’s an adult puzzler-platform game. There are some dismembering scenes, just in case you plan on playing it with youngsters. It’s a classic cult game!
  16. Jul 9, 2021
    The most i hate things in game are wasting time. And Limbo is one of the wasted games ever made. Tbh grpahics looks amazing. It is beatiful and musics too. Matching with the scene. I played game 90%. I didnt finish the game, and i wont. Cuz the part in the game, when you have to push rail and run and jump, whoever created that, YOU SUCK! It is just waste of time, there is no boss to fight,The most i hate things in game are wasting time. And Limbo is one of the wasted games ever made. Tbh grpahics looks amazing. It is beatiful and musics too. Matching with the scene. I played game 90%. I didnt finish the game, and i wont. Cuz the part in the game, when you have to push rail and run and jump, whoever created that, YOU SUCK! It is just waste of time, there is no boss to fight, there is no reedle to undiscover, it is just stupid jumping. C'm on. Tbh what i thi k, these people made this game, then realized holy **** we have to make money, but this stupid game is too short, how can we make longer this game. Ohh yes, i found, letz add stupidty, like you have to be excat and bla blah blah. Mechanic sucks, im trying go forward, chrachter going contrary. Anyway, your game suck, and i wont ever touch your brand's game ever. Expand
  17. Oct 12, 2021
    A solid game from Playdead, bested only by Inside. Short and sweet, with great graphics and controls. However, be warned that it can be rage inducing in places, especially towards the end of the game. I wasn't a huge fan of the game mechanic of the brain worms — which prevent the character from changing direction — but they don't spoil the game. For a game from 2011 (10 years old at theA solid game from Playdead, bested only by Inside. Short and sweet, with great graphics and controls. However, be warned that it can be rage inducing in places, especially towards the end of the game. I wasn't a huge fan of the game mechanic of the brain worms — which prevent the character from changing direction — but they don't spoil the game. For a game from 2011 (10 years old at the time of writing) Limbo still looks great. Not as great as Inside, sure, but still well worth playing. Story is a bit thin here, but it has a few nice little teasers along the way that will give you enough hints to form your own opinions. I'd definitely recommend playing if you haven't done already. Or even if it's just been a long while. Expand
  18. Feb 10, 2022
    El juego esta muy bueno, la duracion no me gusto mucho te lo puedes pasar en menos de 2 horas

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Sep 5, 2018
    Odds are you've already experienced it for yourself in the past eight years, but just in case you haven't, it might be worth a shot. [Issue #35 – September/October 2018, p. 21]
  2. Aug 21, 2018
    Despite the short length it's easy to recommend LIMBO to anyone who enjoys puzzle games, especially given the way the game expertly crafts a foreboding atmosphere with a minimum of graphics and sounds. If you played the game when it was originally released, you'll find that it has aged well and is still wholly capable of sucking you back in the way it did when you first played it. If you're new to LIMBO, then it's about time you played this classic indie game.
  3. Aug 17, 2018
    For all the time that has passed, Limbo remains a benchmark of the genre that few other games have come within sniffing distance of. It’s nearly unparalleled in terms of presentation and design, and this latest port to Switch has maintained everything about the game that makes it special. While some might lament the lack of any additional content, I wholeheartedly beg to differ. Limbo is a game that doesn’t need a single bit added, removed, or rearranged. It’s a classic in every sense and deserves to be played by as many people as possible.