5.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 28, 2021
    I personally like the game a lot, i think its really fun. BUT it truly feels incomplete and it lacks the Mario personality and creativity older Mario sports games had. The fact that they reused the victory/loosing animations from birdies and bogeys across every other type of hole outs (hole in ones, eagles, triple bogeys etc.), the game courses lack the Mario uniqueness of them, with onlyI personally like the game a lot, i think its really fun. BUT it truly feels incomplete and it lacks the Mario personality and creativity older Mario sports games had. The fact that they reused the victory/loosing animations from birdies and bogeys across every other type of hole outs (hole in ones, eagles, triple bogeys etc.), the game courses lack the Mario uniqueness of them, with only a few being good enough for that, the fact that the "supershots" are unbalanced and inconsistent since less than half of the roster gets unique attributes to their special shots while the rest of the roster gets the generic Blast away special, and its not like they didn't have material to pull from. World tour had such a great set of starting courses, unique and creative victory animations and overall better gameplay. It's truly sad hoe the game lacks n personality like this and that most of this stuff that is missing from the game will probably never come to the game in any of the "free" updates. Not to mention the short adventure mode that disappoints beyond belief in my opinion, it started out great and I was expecting to continue on with what it set but half way through it I became bored and it felt more like a task rather than a source of entertainment. My only wish is that they fix some of the issues I and other players have in future updates. Also I'm mad that we can't taunt other players like we used to in Toadstool tour, I know that Nintendo wants to approach more family friendly terms with this, But it could easily be a setting to turn on and off these taunts, which lead to my next complaint which is more of a nitpick, but its that the characters are not very expressive, this goes along with my complaint about the animations/victory screen where the characters barely say anything, from what I can remember, the most a character has talked in the game was Daisy when she says "Whatever" in her Bogey/loosing animation or Rosalina's "Oh Boy" in the same situation, these I find are very good expressions from these characters but having it as every single loosing animation makes them feel dull, with Daisy saying "whatever" gives her some of that sass that she had back in the day and that she still has but has been dulled down as of recent years, I would have loved to see her rage in madness when she gets a triple bogey or do cartwheels in while creating fields of flowers and plants when getting a Hole-In-One. When I started playing and got my first eagle I felt really excited at first because of my accomplishment, but then I saw the character I was playing as, in that case Wario, do the same animation I had already seen for his birdie celebration screen, it made me sad and I was shocked to see that they all suffered the same fate. I don't know if this is Camelot's doing or Nintendo's, but I, along many others, am tired of this recent takes that have been doing on recent Mario Games were it's all more simplified, minimalistic, dull, and overall lacking of the Mario personality, and What worries me the most about this is the fact that This has been going on for a while and I don't want this to take effect on future installments. For example, The Mario Strikers Games are know for being really chaotic and excitement, One of the things that stand out from these games to me is the intros and interactions characters have between each other, basically talking smack to the opponent before starting the match, I fear that things like this would be replaced with more friendly and non interesting intros were the characters wouldn't even interact with each other. Anyways Going back to Mario golf, I still think it's a good game, though as of now, it is not worth the price it's got, and I fear that the updates won't be enough to make the game good enough to reach that price tag. I personally Mario Sports Tittle shouldn't be more than $50, unless they have enough content to justify the price tag. Would I recommend this game? Skeptical yes, but I'd recommend waiting for some of those "free updates" to buy it or wait until it goes n discount. Expand
  2. Jul 8, 2021
    If I had written this review on launch day, I would have been partway through the story mode, and been intrigued enough by speed golf to give the game a solid 7, maybe even 7.5. As it stands, two weeks after launch and without any updates, it is simply the okayest game I have every played.

It is no longer launch day. I have been through the story mode three separate times in order to customize a mii for each playable mode of the game (a long driver for stroke play, a max speed hard hitter for speed golf, and a well-rounded mii for all purpose play). And three separate times I have been sorely disappointed by the prospect of what could have been, in the face of what actually is.

There is simply not enough to do. There are three game modes, and there is the story mode, and there is the barely functional online play. That's it. Two of the game modes use the same courses, so by the end of day one, you'll have completed the story, and played through each course at least 3 times. And then there's battle golf, but even that loses it's lustre when you realize that the easiest way to win is to shoot last and simply aim for holes that no one is fighting over.

There are plenty of characters to choose from, so that's a plus, until you realize that the only difference between characters is yardage, and the rest of the character stats. Draws and fades are mechanics of the past, shot loft is no more. Each character hits the ball straight, with only slight variances occurring due to your spin or control stats.

The swing meter has been simplified from 3 button presses to 2, and while I don't exactly hate the new system, it does become quite irritating when you feel like you've lined up a perfect shot, only for the randomness of the shot accuracy to kick in.

Course designs are pretty bland. I understand no one is buying a mario golf game because of how nice the courses look, but they're lacking any sort of character. And the final course which I won't spoil for you here seems like it's unfinished with blurry textures and unclear OB spots and all sorts of little quirks compared to the other, more fleshed out courses.

Online is fine, considering Nintendo's stupid policy of leaving ethernet ports out of their consoles. Good luck managing to keep 4 players around for a full game though.

Basically, the TLDR of this review is... it feels like the franchise took a step back with this installment. Yes, it is fun. Yes, I've played every day since it came out and I have a good time with it. But that's because I'm a sucker for punishment and I really enjoy golf games. But there are so many minor things wrong with this game that I can't in good conscience give it a 7 anymore.

For instance:
    -No tournaments
    -Few game modes
    -No saved replays
    -Terrible camera angles
    -No leaderboards
    -No shot trajectory line
    -Incomplete story mode

I like the game, and I like the fact that DLC is coming, but I hate the modern practice of rushing out an incomplete game (which this is) and finishing it later over time through DLC. Thankfully it's not paid.

If you like golf, get it. It's only going to get better with DLC and updates. Otherwise, pass on it.
  3. Jul 14, 2021
    This game is more like traditional golf with Mario elements. It's not as wacky. Some ppl say the courses are boring, but I don't think that's accurate. They are laid out so that skillful play is rewarded...like curve shots, wind and slope assessment etc...and that would all be great...if not for the gimped golfing mechanics.

For example-- get stuck up against a wall or bunker? Too bad,

For example-- get stuck up against a wall or bunker? Too bad, there is no lob shot like irl golf. Can't pop a ball up over a hill, too bad. Are you aiming at a tree, wall or obstacle? You won't know it, because the aiming indicator is non existent.

Wind mixed with elevations makes zero sense when aiming for the flag.

Playing online, need to quit? Too bad, now you can't play online again until your penalty for quiting is served.

It's these omissions, mixed with the more realistic approach to golf that makes it frustrating. If you're going for real life golf sim mechanics and physics, then for f sake-- put in all the golf manoeuvres like lob shots! Jeez...

This game is so close to a birdie... But scores a bogey for now. Let's hope FREE DLC will fix it.
  4. Jul 7, 2021
    I have always been a huge fan of the mario golf series so I was super excited for this new entry. The game mechanics do work great but the story mode was very disappointing which makes replay value super low. Once you finish it there is not much else to do and leaves you Mii overpowered if you go against others. Sure playing regular rounds of golf and speed golf is a great new edition butI have always been a huge fan of the mario golf series so I was super excited for this new entry. The game mechanics do work great but the story mode was very disappointing which makes replay value super low. Once you finish it there is not much else to do and leaves you Mii overpowered if you go against others. Sure playing regular rounds of golf and speed golf is a great new edition but there isn't really much else to offer. There is only 6 courses once unlocked which is super disappointing considering other entries had a lot more variety and more courses. This one is better left for a huge sale. Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2021
    Que mal juego de mario. Yo creo que es el peor de todos los juegos de golf de Mario.
  6. Jul 7, 2021
    Un título divertido pero con carencias, solo constan de 6 entornos con 18 hoyos cada uno, los cuales se hacen repetitivos al poco tiempo, el modo "Rush" no se nota muy trabajado y creo que desaprovecharon el tiempo que podrían a ver invertido en añadir un creador de mapas que daría infinidad de horas al título, en definitiva el juego entretiene pero no termina de convencer.
  7. Aug 8, 2021
    People seem to hate on XC golf, but I like it. It provides a challenge to the golf formula. Overall though, the game is a shell of the GameCube and N64 versions. The story mode is a drag with RPG elements half-baked in. Graphics are meh. Speed and battle golf aren't nearly as fun as they were thought of to be.
  8. Jul 3, 2021
    I feel like It's a bit too boring for my liking. The courts have barely any personality, It's lacking a bit of content and the adventure mode isn't anything to write home about. Mario Golf: World Tour was way better than this because it had more content, had allot of personality and wasn't lacking at all. Super Rush just feels like another cash grab from Camelot that's lacking in allot ofI feel like It's a bit too boring for my liking. The courts have barely any personality, It's lacking a bit of content and the adventure mode isn't anything to write home about. Mario Golf: World Tour was way better than this because it had more content, had allot of personality and wasn't lacking at all. Super Rush just feels like another cash grab from Camelot that's lacking in allot of ways. But, as they always say, free updates. To be honest, It's not bad. I feel like It's a great way to make people come back to the game. The problem is they barely do anything with the base game and fix up the rest with updates. Expand
  9. Oct 24, 2021
    This game is honestly kinda disappointing. I thought they would do something interesting seeing how many modes there are in the game. But instead they just did a tennis aces kinda game. Plus the difficulty goes up from 0 to 100 really quick.
  10. Jun 26, 2021
    The game doesn’t feel done. There aren’t any modes for unlocking characters and there isn’t a tournament mode… which is kind of crazy because, it’s golf. You can play one tournament early in story mode (adventure mode), but all other locales, with their courses, do not have tournaments for one reason or another. Even the NES Mario Golf game from 30 years ago had a tournament mode. TheThe game doesn’t feel done. There aren’t any modes for unlocking characters and there isn’t a tournament mode… which is kind of crazy because, it’s golf. You can play one tournament early in story mode (adventure mode), but all other locales, with their courses, do not have tournaments for one reason or another. Even the NES Mario Golf game from 30 years ago had a tournament mode. The graphics are amazing, Adventure mode is generally good albeit short considering it’s the main non-multiplayer draw to the game. I finished it in about 8 hours. That’s not great for a $60 game. There’s a lot of empty, go-nowhere dialogue with open world bystanders in Adventure mode, but the writing isn’t bad, and sometimes worth a chuckle. Nintendo’s spin on adding a speed element with fun battle mechanics is a breath of fresh air and pretty well executed. At the end of the day, until some more meat is hopefully put on the bones via supposedly free updates, it’s unlikely this is where I’ll be spending many gaming hours unless my kids ask me to play with them. The game, as-is, is certainly worth playing, but it’s not $60 worth of game. Maybe only half that. Maybe… Expand
  11. Jun 30, 2021
    As far as mechanics go, this game is a blast to play. I would have liked more of a penalty for poorly-timed button presses during swings, but overall the controls feel great and the physics perform admirably. One of the things that impressed me is how quickly this game loads up!

As far as content...this game feels pretty bare compared to something like Mario Golf: World Tour on the 3DS, which had all sorts of compelling game modes/challenges to play solo or online. The "Adventure Mode" is extremely lacking in its pacing, cohesion, and execution. It starts off OK, but there are just too many missteps. Online play is fun, but feels like something thrown in at the last minute. Why is there no Mii progression in online play or solo challenges?? Why are there no online tournaments?? I could go on and on about ways this game could have been great. Maybe they have some things lined up for the future. But as it is, it's currently just OK. And that's a bummer because I was really looking forward to this game.
  12. Jun 28, 2021
    Really basic, I think the game has charm but its lack of content is dooming, will probably be an 8/10 in 2 years.
  13. Jun 28, 2021
    Main story is way to short, not enough courses or characters. I enjoyed the game but not worth the 60 bucks. If I could go back and unbuy I would. Wait for a price drop.
  14. Jun 28, 2021
    Way too easy and random. Comparing it to Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots Golf) on the PlayStation, Mario Golf is just way too easy and random. What in Golf is random? Nothing. It is and should be about precision and a clever combination of parameters. Mario Golf is just Golf for 6 year olds.

Swinging: Ok, I could have guessed that a 2-click-mechanic might miss the final 3rd click that makes swinging in golf games so fun and challenging. Hitting perfectly straight in Mario Golf? No problem, because there is no 3rd click. Instead every swing that is close to the 100% of the club length gets a RANDOM divergence to the left or right. Why random? Facepalming really hard. Please introduce 3-click-swings!

Curve balls: You can give the ball as much as 4 (!!!) curves. Why? Does it make it more fun or are 4 curves needed for certain courses? No. It just adds nonsense complexity that doesn't help the experience at all.

Putting: Way too easy. All other games are harder and as hard as they should be. Greens in Mario Golf are just super easy and boring.

Courses: Yes, colorful as Mario Kart courses, but they aren't done smart. No hard decisions to be made, no clever new routes open up with certain characters or clubs, no risk-reward patterns at all.

Story mode: Just pain. Feels like a 10 year old boring adventure game with loads of dumb conversations and lame challenges. You need to play it though to be able to access all courses.

Speed Golf: Fine, but running is just very repetitive and not nearly as fun or challenging as a real golf game should be.

Maybe I shouldn't have hoped for a nice Nintendo version of Everybody's Golf. My fault, I guess.
  15. Jun 28, 2021
    This is the most disappointing game I have played in recent memory. The story mode is a good idea but executed... haphazardly. The characterisation is fine but most of them are one and done and don't seem to be worth anything. Everything is brought in and abandoned before anything can be developed to actually be fun. Cross-country golf is a good idea but is dreadful. The story modeThis is the most disappointing game I have played in recent memory. The story mode is a good idea but executed... haphazardly. The characterisation is fine but most of them are one and done and don't seem to be worth anything. Everything is brought in and abandoned before anything can be developed to actually be fun. Cross-country golf is a good idea but is dreadful. The story mode doesn't compare to the GBA games or even the 3DS game.
    Furthermore, there is a lack of content. The courses are basic and there are only 6 of them at launch. Only 6 courses isn't a deal breaker but the fact they are so basic and devoid of character kills them. The battle golf gimmick is another good idea done dreadfully, but there are only 2 variations of the course and the item mechanic isn't as developed as the same idea in the 3DS game.
    Finally, the big gimmick; the speed golf. It's fun. The first few times. By the end of the story mode, the mechanic had already worn thin and didn't excite me barring the odd multiplayer game.
    Compared to every other game in this series, this game falls short. No challenge mode (with the challenges in the story just amounting to handholdy tutorials) and nothing to keep my attention for longer than 5 hours.
    This may end up being like Kirby Star Allies and after the launch it will grow to be something fun. But now, it is nothing more than a distraction and I implore anybody who does enjoy this game to go back and play the other earlier games to see what a truly fun Mario Golf game is.
    The game is pretty enough but just feels B-tier across the board. I also don't get why there couldn't be more characters in the game because most of them are simply skins. Sure, animation work takes time, but with the special shots/ dashes being doubled up on occasion it just smells slightly cheap for a full price game.
    Disappointing. Disappointing. Disappointing. High hopes, dashed.
  16. Jun 26, 2021
    Mario Golf: Super Rush is a great game that should not have been released yet. The core golfing mechanics are super fun and intuitive. However, I think the game falls flat in a lot of other aspects. There's just not a whole lot to do, which is shocking for a 60 USD game. Golf Adventure, while useful at first, gets super boring and repetitive once you learn the base controls. The onlineMario Golf: Super Rush is a great game that should not have been released yet. The core golfing mechanics are super fun and intuitive. However, I think the game falls flat in a lot of other aspects. There's just not a whole lot to do, which is shocking for a 60 USD game. Golf Adventure, while useful at first, gets super boring and repetitive once you learn the base controls. The online functionality is super barebones, and with no ranking system, there's not a whole lot of incentive to play it. Of the 6 (really?) courses that were released, I will say that only 3 of them stand out. And the super annoying repeated audio from the characters is almost enough to make me want to mute the game, even though I actually quite enjoy the soundtrack.

Obviously, this game shines with friends and family. It's a blast playing Speed Golf and trying to get the quickest and lowest score. And not every game is fun with friends (I'm looking at you, Super Mario Party), so it definitely succeeded in that aspect.

I just wished they would have delayed the game by at least 2 months to really give it the Nintendo polish that I have come to expect from them. I know that DLC is coming in the future, but I much would have preferred a later release with much more content instead of what we got.

TL;DR: If you have friends to play this game with, by all means, go for it. It's a blast with friends. But you will probably start to notice a lack of content that you probably would have assumed would be in the game. If you have no one besides randoms online to play with, I would say hold off on it for now. Wait for some of these content updates to release, and then make your decision.
  17. Jun 27, 2021
    This is my first Mario golf game, and I think a lot of reviews forget that most people haven't played the first 2 Mario Golf games. The RPG-like story mode is fun, a bit short but still an enjoyable experience. Obviously, this game does have a lack of content at launch but each of the courses are fun. This game can sometimes be frustrating but the game of golf is meant to be that way so IThis is my first Mario golf game, and I think a lot of reviews forget that most people haven't played the first 2 Mario Golf games. The RPG-like story mode is fun, a bit short but still an enjoyable experience. Obviously, this game does have a lack of content at launch but each of the courses are fun. This game can sometimes be frustrating but the game of golf is meant to be that way so I don't care. The problem with this game though is a lack of focus. The new scanning mechanic is kinda annoying and doesn't really work Super well, for me at least, also the online mode lags quite often. The gimmick of Super rush is the running to the ball mechanic. This mechanic just isn't that fun though it doesn't feel as wild and fun as you would hope. Overall this is a fun game, but doesn't try to be anything more than that, I hope the upcoming updates are really fun, but this game just isn't as good as it could be. Expand
  18. Jun 27, 2021
    Pretty boring game in comparison to other arcade golf games, such as Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots) on PS4. Shot control system is far from intuitive. Story mode is boring and AI is always one step ahead as you learn more advanced techniques. I only want the additional courses so I can play with my friends locally, I really don't care about the campaign enough to unlock the additionalPretty boring game in comparison to other arcade golf games, such as Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots) on PS4. Shot control system is far from intuitive. Story mode is boring and AI is always one step ahead as you learn more advanced techniques. I only want the additional courses so I can play with my friends locally, I really don't care about the campaign enough to unlock the additional courses. UI and music seems half-baked in comparison to other Nintendo games. Disappointing for $60. Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2021
    The story mode was very underwhelming. Lacked the charm and depth of previous installments of the series.
  20. Jun 27, 2021
    What can I say.... well the game is definitely super rushed out the door, I was a big fan of the GameCube game, however, this one seems to take all of what made that game great and totally did away with it. Speed Golf and Battle Golf is fun and makes the game new and refreshing, however, Adventure Mode is a total dud... you only play in one tournament throughout the entire campaign, theWhat can I say.... well the game is definitely super rushed out the door, I was a big fan of the GameCube game, however, this one seems to take all of what made that game great and totally did away with it. Speed Golf and Battle Golf is fun and makes the game new and refreshing, however, Adventure Mode is a total dud... you only play in one tournament throughout the entire campaign, the rest is basically a boring quest to defeat the Snow King or whatever his name is, not to mention not all characters even make an appearance in the storyline... If you want to play with friends or solo play online it’s a fun game that can waste some hours, if you want classic style of golf with tournaments and cups, that’s not present at all unfortunately. I’m assuming both will be added later on, but this is the basis of a golf game that should have been added along with the two gimmicks of Speed and Battle golf. They’re fun, but requires online to play since the bots are pretty stupid and there is no way to change the difficulty of them. There is also no way to see where your ball is going via scope, you get another stupid gimmick to see land slope etc, but can’t really zoom in and out, which is the same case for putting, can’t really tell what slopes are for long putts so it’s a guessing game. Also no really challenges besides those thrown into adventure mode; which aren’t all that challenging. Perhaps after adventure campaign you could go back and play the tournaments on the lackluster 6 maps they put into the game... Overall it’s a decent/mediocre game. Worth $65? Absolutely not, it’s a $30-40 at most. Expand
  21. Jun 29, 2021
    Fun....for a few hours. No complaints about the gameplay, but game gets repetitive fast, CPU characters are inept, and campaign is far too short. I wish nintendo would stop creating games for babies. There is no way to adjust the skill of the CPU, which by default is far too easy. From my experience over 18 holes the CPU players average 8 over par. Meanwhile new to the game im shooting 8Fun....for a few hours. No complaints about the gameplay, but game gets repetitive fast, CPU characters are inept, and campaign is far too short. I wish nintendo would stop creating games for babies. There is no way to adjust the skill of the CPU, which by default is far too easy. From my experience over 18 holes the CPU players average 8 over par. Meanwhile new to the game im shooting 8 under. There is no challenge so the game loses its luster fast. Speed golf is fun, but I feel the game needs additional modes available . Cross golf and a Tournament is playable briefly in the story mode but is non existent otherwise. The campaign,if you can call it that, is more like a tutorial with a light story. Its disappointing because they already have the blueprint from prior games to create a great campaign mode. Seems like they just dropped the ball. I'm hoping Camelot releases an update soon to give what is otherwise a good game any replayability. Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2021
    Feels unfinished. Story mode didn't even include tournaments really. Would have much rather had a pga-esque type thing than fighting monsters with golf. Not that many courses, could use more characters as well.
  23. Jun 26, 2021
    On one hand it’s a great party game, on the other it’s golf On one hand the story mode is surprisingly good, on the other hand it’s golf
    On one hand it’s not another Tennis game, on the other it’s golf. On one hand speed golf and the battle mode are really interesting ways to spice things up, on the other hand it’s still fricking golf! This game does everything it possibly can to make golf fun and you can have fun with this game. But the biggest thing holding this game back it that it’s GOLF! There’s only so much they can do to make golf fun but at the end of the day it’s still golf. It is one of the worst sports and by fair the most boring sport to watch even with Waluigi having a fine suit. Make a sports game about a sport people actually care about.
  24. Jun 26, 2021
    El juego no es malo, cumplo su función de entretener y hay que darle mérito a Nintendo por crear un juego entretenido tomando como base el juego de Golf(que en mi opinión es un juego aburrido) pero lo que no me gusta de el juego es que no te premia por jugar online me refiero a que no hay ligas, no dan puntos por ganar te dará lo mismo si pierdes o ganes porque al final no ganas, niEl juego no es malo, cumplo su función de entretener y hay que darle mérito a Nintendo por crear un juego entretenido tomando como base el juego de Golf(que en mi opinión es un juego aburrido) pero lo que no me gusta de el juego es que no te premia por jugar online me refiero a que no hay ligas, no dan puntos por ganar te dará lo mismo si pierdes o ganes porque al final no ganas, ni pierdes nada y sin mencionar la historia del juego que más simple no puede ser Expand
  25. Jun 27, 2021
    Some of the movement mechanics are nonsense, the curve in air function can be hard with joycon drift, story mode is really short. Wait until a sale, golfing is fun.
  26. Jul 1, 2021
    Well, Nintendo duffed it.

Well, Nintendo duffed it.

As a fan of golf games, and Mario Golf games in particular, this felt like stepping onto an unfinished 9-hole course. The mechanics are strong, and the small number of courses look great, but the content is thin, and there is little to keep you coming back. After completing the brief and desultory tutorial story mode, I expected to be introduced to tournaments, tours and additional story, but instead found the game suddenly finished - minus any post game/endgame. You can go back to replay the tutorials and story elements, though there is little incentive other than it’s the only way to level up your Mii. And after being introduced to XC golf, duff shots, lob shots, and after unlocking clubs and gear, you find these sadly don’t exist outside of story mode. Speed golf is a nice addition, and makes for fun multiplayer, but aside from playing the occasional round with friends, there is little reason to return to Mario Golf: Super Rush.

Here’s hoping the upcoming free updates correct some of these failings. Birdies:
    - Speed golf mode (though waiting for your sad computer opponents to complete holes can seriously hinder the “speed”)
    - Graphics and mechanics

Bogeys:
    - No tournaments or tours (in story mode or online)
    - Too few modes, courses and unlockables
    - Short, desultory story mode that provides little incentive to return after completing
    - Unlocked clubs, gear, duff shots, lob shots, and XC golf not available outside story mode
  27. Jul 4, 2021
    Tons of fun but ran out of content and things to do fast!!! I loved the courses. But.... I could easily point out where they were going to add more to the story mode and didn't. It really dose just seem like they had to cut a ton of story stuff just because they were rushed to get this out under the strain of covid. The rest of the modes were fun... but if you compare this to say the GCTons of fun but ran out of content and things to do fast!!! I loved the courses. But.... I could easily point out where they were going to add more to the story mode and didn't. It really dose just seem like they had to cut a ton of story stuff just because they were rushed to get this out under the strain of covid. The rest of the modes were fun... but if you compare this to say the GC version Toadstool Tour... then it feels like there is nothing special to strive for.. no challenges outside of golf it self. Expand
  28. Jul 7, 2021
    Mario Golf: Super Rush
    A fun bit disappointing
    I was so excited to play Mario Golf with my girlfriend.. and thankfully playing with people in real life is where Mario golf shines.. Mario Golf Super rush featurs essentially 2 main modes.. play golf where you set up your match and play solo or with up to 4 players.. or adventure mode… adventure mode is where I spent most of my time,
    Mario Golf: Super Rush
    A fun bit disappointing
    Mario Golf Super rush featurs essentially 2 main modes.. play golf where you set up your match and play solo or with up to 4 players.. or adventure mode… adventure mode is where I spent most of my time, taking me about 7 hours to complete, you play as your mii character off on an adventure to save Mario golf world,.. this is essentially one giant tutorial. So I appreciate it.. youll be going through the different game modes, learn specil shots, or how to use different clubs… take on a couple of bosses… it’s a nice little single player mode to run through to unlock each course, however if you prefer just playing with friends or sticking strickly to golf with none of the gimmics, you can also unlock each of the levels by playing 18 holes in the previous… unfortunately though there are only 6 courses here, and qite frankly.. theyre all pretty lame.. I expect more charm from a Mario game, and its completely lacking here…. So you really rely on gameplay modes to keep you entertained… you can play speed golf where youre running all over the couse after your ball, trying to sabotage other players and get thte best score, or you can soimply take turns the og style… I personally found the speed golf to be fun at first, but eventually it just started to feel like an annoying gimmick to me… I don’t care to run around the same courses… it isn’t fun, its annoying to add platforming elements when your super rush is practically uncontrollable and can have you falling off the course… it is no longer about making great shots.. its more about being able to get to where the ball landed before everyone gets to theirs.. I grew to hate this mode… where I had a blas though was playing with the motion controls… do I completely understand how to play pro level with motion controls? Absolutely not, its so much harder than just chosing angles and hitting a when a meter fills, you gotta try swing with enough power to make your shots, and I loved it.. it definitely gave m a workout and with a group of friends, motion controls is the way to play.. everything feels less controlled, but its worth it…
    Overall I enjoyed the time I spent with mario golf, unfortunately the golf courses aren’t enjoyable enough to get much more time out of me in the future..
    This sadly is a game I see collecting dust waiting to be chose over Mario kart or Mario party when your friends come over..
    I give Mario Golf: Super Rush
    a 7/10
  29. Nov 16, 2021
    Nice overall. Speed golf is cool.

However, it suffers from a few things: It gets repetitive very quickly, adventure mode feels rushed, it's difficult to see ball trajectory when putting, post-hole animations lack charm, and the art style is exceedingly generic.
  30. Sep 8, 2021
    Mario Golf Super Rush was a surprising delight of a game. Rather than fall back on silly gimmicks you'd expect from a Mario sports game, Super Rush's standard mode helps make the game of golf easy to access and understand by providing simplified systems to... well, just play golf! Honestly this break from power meters and other convoluted systems was a nice change of pace, and if youMario Golf Super Rush was a surprising delight of a game. Rather than fall back on silly gimmicks you'd expect from a Mario sports game, Super Rush's standard mode helps make the game of golf easy to access and understand by providing simplified systems to... well, just play golf! Honestly this break from power meters and other convoluted systems was a nice change of pace, and if you prefer something more whacky they offer two other modes focused on nothing but gimmicks: Speed Golf and Battle Golf. Personally I didn't find these modes to be that fun, put they could make for great party games. There's even a story mode that, while not all that great, is still there. With free maps and characters on the horizon too the game gives a lot of reason to come back, which makes me happy because I honestly had a lot of fun playing this game. It's an excellent way to spend an hour or so to relax. Expand
  31. Aug 7, 2021
    This entry of Mario gold brought changes that were interesting, but many of the other aspects that could have made this game stand out we’re overlooked. What it did well: adding the mii into adventure mode was interesting. Adventure mode in general was fun but short, and different types of golf brought variability. What it did bad: character selection showed limited variability, characterThis entry of Mario gold brought changes that were interesting, but many of the other aspects that could have made this game stand out we’re overlooked. What it did well: adding the mii into adventure mode was interesting. Adventure mode in general was fun but short, and different types of golf brought variability. What it did bad: character selection showed limited variability, character selection was very small, graphics were subpar and overall the replay value of the game felt low compared to previous entries. I feel like this game missed the target and could have been great. Expand
  32. Jan 5, 2022
    Mario Golf: Super Rush provides a worthwhile golfing experience featuring Mario themed characters, courses, and mechanics. The title does convey a bit of a mid budget aura, animations and character movement are a bit underbaked and the visuals can be unpolished at times. With that said, the core golfing is generally quite good, and has sufficient depth to be engaging without alienatingMario Golf: Super Rush provides a worthwhile golfing experience featuring Mario themed characters, courses, and mechanics. The title does convey a bit of a mid budget aura, animations and character movement are a bit underbaked and the visuals can be unpolished at times. With that said, the core golfing is generally quite good, and has sufficient depth to be engaging without alienating casual players.

The single-player campaign included in Mario Golf: Super Rush, while enjoyable, certainly doesn't live up to it's potential and is quite uneven. The difficulty curve is strangely implemented, certain challenges can feel insurmountable, while others require very little effort. The mode features a variety of different hub areas, but there isn't much reason for them to exist as there's no meaningful interactions or gameplay that takes place in them. There are a few boss fights included, and while these are pretty fun, they're for some reason all jammed together at the end of the game instead of being peppered throughout the duration of the experience. The story itself has a bit of promise at the start, but meanders and sputters out without any real memorable events having taken place. The mode at the very least does serve as a decent enough tutorial, but beyond that there isn't much to say about it.

The multiplayer is certainly the main course here, and includes enough locales and characters to feel like a full experience. I really enjoy the new Speed Golf mode, running through courses as the different characters is quite a nice change of pace from the more plodding pace of the standard golf. Online works fairly well, though it certainly isn't the smoothest experience around, with local play functioning quite well and providing sufficient customizability.

Music and visuals are functional but not exactly exciting. The game does look quite nice at times, but never really reaches the heights of Nintendo's main series Mario titles. The music is fairly generic, but is energetic enough and doesn't detract from the experience much.

Mario Golf: Super Rush is a casual friendly golf title that I enjoyed my time with, though I do recognize a general lack of polish that really shouldn't be present in a Nintendo published Mario game.
  33. Jul 19, 2021
    Having greatly enjoyed World Tour on the 3ds, I hoped that Super Rush would be just as good or even better than it, but unfortunately I find Super Rush to be slightly worse than World Tour. While it does keep the system of World Tour, Super Rusher changes it in a way I'm not totally on board with. But despite this, I still had fun with this, especially the Battle Golf mode.
  34. Oct 25, 2021
    This is just a simple golf game. I always loved this sport, but I would only buy a Mario Golf, because of the characters, and their specialities. I don't think this game is perfect, because it isn't , but i think it's an okay game. if you like golf, I can recommend it. Some people say wait for a discount, but this is a Nintendo game, so it will take an eternity to buy this game on a discount.
  35. Nov 27, 2021
    Mario Golf: Super Rush is a very nice golf game. But the content breaks the effect of the smash it should have been. Indeed, the story mode is useless in addition to being badly managed (like Aces). Not really new, except the welcome Aces engine, and the speed golf mode, a fun and successful mode in my opinion. Too bad the rest is average like the roster or the empty and few maps.
    (Edit:
    (Edit: With updates. Super Rush has gotten better and much more complete as the addition of terrain and welcome game modes. Unfortunately the main problems remain.=
  36. Jul 18, 2021
    At this point in history, anyone that picks up a Mario sports game should know what they are getting themselves into. And yes, this title is no different.

As always, the visuals and sound are up to standard for any Nintendo game. Cute as ever and beaming with colour! The game-play is solid with a simple but intuitive control scheme and a bit of variety with how you would like to play. As for the content, the story mode is a nice little bit of fun mixed with charm and will keep you well entertained. As for everything else, its just simple casual fun game modes that is a little bit of for the loner or with mates.

Don't expect anything really new (however, story mode is a good bit of different) and don't expect a game for the 'pure at heart golfer'. This is for the casual gamer who just wants to sit back and have a good golfing time. And Super Rush does it well.
  37. Jul 2, 2021
    It’s fun once you get into it but when you compare it to other Mario side games, like Mario kart, it’s not as polished and lacks the AAA feel you expect. At release it felt like they didn’t have it ready in time and shipped it out unfinished. Hopefully the free DLC will keep coming so it ends up feeling worthy of being a full price Nintendo release.
  38. Nov 13, 2021
    This is not a complete Mario Golf experience. It’s by no means a bad game, I am very much enjoying it and will continue to play it, but it is not a high quality release. The entire game is very unenthusiastic. The graphics are not impressive, the sound design is forgettable to the point where I muted the game so I could listen to my own music, the characters offer very little variety inThis is not a complete Mario Golf experience. It’s by no means a bad game, I am very much enjoying it and will continue to play it, but it is not a high quality release. The entire game is very unenthusiastic. The graphics are not impressive, the sound design is forgettable to the point where I muted the game so I could listen to my own music, the characters offer very little variety in style, the levels are really bland (for the most part), and there aren’t that many. There is no tournament mode, online mode is very simple and missing any kind of ranked play, and the single player mode is a complete soulless drag. Luckily the game is fun with friends, but it’s not a high quality game. Sadly in less than a week, I’m pretty much done with it. Expand
  39. Jul 1, 2021
    After about 6 hours I can safely say I am enjoying this much more than Mario Tennis Aces. While it might not be as traditional arcade golf as I'd like, the variety has been entertaining and not annoying/boring so far. I will say it is lacking a bit in courses and content but as far as what it sets out to do, I think it does it relatively well. Maybe not a buy at launch full price title,After about 6 hours I can safely say I am enjoying this much more than Mario Tennis Aces. While it might not be as traditional arcade golf as I'd like, the variety has been entertaining and not annoying/boring so far. I will say it is lacking a bit in courses and content but as far as what it sets out to do, I think it does it relatively well. Maybe not a buy at launch full price title, but definitely on sale or through Gamepass trial like I did. Hope this helped someone. Expand
  40. Jul 2, 2021
    The core mechanics and gameplay are actually really good. I have enjoyed what I have played so far.
    There just really isn't anywhere close to enough course selection at launch for a premium price tag golf title in 2021. They should have started with something closer to 12-16 courses, with 4-6 more coming as DLC over the following year. Nintendo really needs start churning out some DLC fast on this. I'd say at least 1 character and 1 course a month for the next year to make it work the the $60 buy-in. I should probably give this a 6, but I'm crossing my fingers they deliver on DLC. With a better amount of content this would be an easy 8.
  41. Jul 8, 2021
    The core golf gameplay is fun, but lacks depth and difficulty.The game feels unpolished and lacks game modes, like tournaments or characters you can unlock by matchplaying. Also the courses are just... mweh. no real creativity or shortcut or over the top mixed with realism. Jut 6 courses that all play the same, and only differentiate in terms of colour palette and slightly increasingThe core golf gameplay is fun, but lacks depth and difficulty.The game feels unpolished and lacks game modes, like tournaments or characters you can unlock by matchplaying. Also the courses are just... mweh. no real creativity or shortcut or over the top mixed with realism. Jut 6 courses that all play the same, and only differentiate in terms of colour palette and slightly increasing difficulty.

If you compare the modes and content to for example the NGC toadstool tour, this game really falls short in terms of variety and replayability.

Online multiplayer is actually fun, but suffers the same problem that its just too superficial. Getting into rooms is a drag. Online there is nothing to work towards or improve/collect. The battle golf mode sounds fun, but is a gimmick you will play for 15 min and then never touch again).

Stil i found myself enjoying the core gameplay mechanics, allbee it for a couple of days, after around 8- 10 hours of playing. All that can be seen in the game is done. Graphically, the game is not impressive either.
    In conclusion, in its current form, the game is mediocre and feels unfinished and 'rushed', but there are glimpses of potential, which makes me excited for future mario golf games.

Ok game if you buy in a sale for a budget price, but definitely not worth 60 bucks.
  42. Jul 17, 2021
    I love golf games in general, but there are a lot of weird choices with this one: the lack of full trajectories, the fact that wind barely does anything at all, the incredibly easy putting mechanics, and the huge tonal shift in the story mode just to name a few. Certainly a step back from previous entries.
  43. Aug 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. On February 2021, Nintendo finally released a Nintendo Direct that everyone has been waiting for, but it was one of their worst Nintendo Directs. One of the things that stood out from all of the other games was a trailer for a new game called Mario Golf: Super Rush. Naturally, everyone was hype whenever the game finally released on June 25th 2021, but is this game up to par with all the others, or is it a bogey for the Mario Golf franchise? Find out in this review!

I feel like it would be best to talk about the character selection first. We have the obvious selection of characters, like Mario, Luigi, Bowser etc. But there are also newcomers to the series, like Pauline, King Bob-omb and Chargin’ Chuck. While I like some characters added that are new to Mario Golf, I feel like there are some unnecessary ones like Chargin’ Chuck. One thing I do like about the characters though is that most of them wear unique clothes, but I find it weird that characters like Donkey Kong and Yoshi don’t wear anything unique when Toad and Bowser wear different clothes.

The next thing I’m going to talk about is the game modes and courses. This is one of the major complaints about the game, as the options are seriously lacking compared to the other Mario Golf games. However, the game modes are still fun and enjoyable and the same can be said about a few of the courses. The first game mode I’m going to talk about is Speed Golf. This mode has you play normal golf, but all of the players hit the ball at the same time and you have to run to wherever your ball is and continue until your ball gets into the hole. Your character also has a unique special dash which can help you get to your ball faster. There are 2 different ways to play Speed Golf. The 1st way to play it is to get your ball into the hole faster than other players to get more points than them and it doesn’t matter how many times you hit the ball. The 2nd way to play it is to get your ball into the hole in as few shots as possible like normal golf, but you still have to physically run to your ball. The next mode I’m going to talk about is Battle Golf, which has its different courses being set inside a stadium. The goal here is to get your ball in 3 holes before everyone else, but there is only 9 holes that are separated from each other by some distance. Battle Golf also takes some rules from Speed Golf as you have to run to your ball and hit it in 3 holes, but there are also enemies in Battle Golf that act as obstacles. However, the only complaint I have about Battle Golf is that there are 2 courses, so there isn’t a lot to choose from.

Another thing I am going to talk about is the story mode: Golf Adventure. This is another thing that the majority of Mario Golf fans didn’t like about Mario Golf: Super Rush. The story is that you play as your own custom character, which is one of your Mii’s on your Nintendo Switch, in order to become a pro golfer. After completing certain tasks or missions, you can gain XP which can level up your character. When you level up, you will gain skill points which can be used to increase your character’s skill at something: Power is how hard you can hit the ball, stamina is how much stamina you have when running or performing a special dash, speed is how much fast you can run, control is how straight the ball will be and spin is how much spin or shape the ball will have. There is also a handful of bosses found in the game, however it takes until near the end of the game in order to face them, I won’t spoil them though. The final thing I am going to talk about is online and replayability. I honestly was expecting online multiplayer for Mario Golf: Super Rush and it doesn’t fail to disappoint, you can even play Speed Golf online. The problem I have with the online is that it doesn’t punish you for leaving, like Smash Bros does. And then there is replayability, possibly the worst part about Mario Golf: Super Rush. This game is really lacking in replayability and that is why I don’t think this game is worth £49.99. It isn’t exactly the best single player game because of lacking choices, and I feel like you will have a better experience with friends/family.

In conclusion, this game was definitely fun and enjoyable at certain parts and I do like some things like character Special Shots. I also enjoyed Speed Golf and the online was fun whenever I wasn’t bullied by Yoshi players, but with the replayability being low and an awful story mode being present, it makes the game feel like it is missing some parts. I know that there will be updates and there was an update at the time of this review, but the fact they add new modes and characters in an update isn’t fine, I get Mario Tennis Aces, but that released a new character every month, Mario Golf Super Rush is adding a lot more then that when they update. Overall, if you are planning to buy this game, wait until it’s worth at least £30.
  44. Sep 2, 2021
    If you´re looking for a big game with a lot of content, this is not your game. but playing it is very relaxing. and it is great for people who don't play a lot of games. If you're looking for a good time with your friend and family, this is the game for you. is simple and charming, but is not a game that I personally would play alone
  45. Sep 9, 2021
    A good idea put to waste.

While the "speed golf" aspect of the game is a novel idea, it could have been implemented much, much better, especially coming from the same franchise as Mario Kart. I mean c'mon, add some red shells, stars, SOMETHING! Also, the game has limited content with only 6 courses and the "story" mode is horrible. Online play could be improved.
  46. May 3, 2022
    Motion Controls are quite fun, but it's dumb you can't change the spin in motion control mode and you can only do it in button mode. Definitely some flaws with the aiming being perfect but it's a fun gimmick and party game. I don't really get the point of adventure mode and seems like many people thought the older Mario golf games had more life to the character animations. I do agreeMotion Controls are quite fun, but it's dumb you can't change the spin in motion control mode and you can only do it in button mode. Definitely some flaws with the aiming being perfect but it's a fun gimmick and party game. I don't really get the point of adventure mode and seems like many people thought the older Mario golf games had more life to the character animations. I do agree that seeing the same animation for every character winning was getting stupidly repetitive and dry. Now there's a lot more maps that have been added the gameplay loop has grown on me. There's just something fun about watching where your ball goes. Expand
  47. Jan 12, 2022
    Many are giving this a hard time but I don’t get it. It’s pretty good. I got what I paid for. Saw the trailer and said I like what I saw and got what I saw. I don’t feel cheated or coned. The campaign needs work but the actual gameplay is good. The rushing elements to the game, where you run around racing after your ball I could leave it. There’s about ten or so courses now but when itMany are giving this a hard time but I don’t get it. It’s pretty good. I got what I paid for. Saw the trailer and said I like what I saw and got what I saw. I don’t feel cheated or coned. The campaign needs work but the actual gameplay is good. The rushing elements to the game, where you run around racing after your ball I could leave it. There’s about ten or so courses now but when it first came out you only had three but you could unlock three or four more. Maybe that’s where peoples issues were with it.

Nintendo have updated the crap out of this and is worth giving it a shot now. The gameplay is more or less the same but there’s more characters, courses and game modes.
  48. May 22, 2022
    Fun to play with friends, although the single player is very boring and repetitive. A lot of the courses don't make sense either for a golf game. A decent pickup, if you can find it on sale.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 110 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 17, 2022
    Speed Golf is undoubtedly the main attraction of the game and it is a pity that other modes aren´t also so good.
  2. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Dec 3, 2021
    It’s great to see Mario Golf back with some great new modes to play but changes to the gameplay take the series one-step forward and two-steps back. [Issue #4, p.53]
  3. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Oct 7, 2021
    In all, it's incredible, and a great purchase for fans of past installments. [Issue #54 – September 2021, p. 67]