7.2

1. Jul 29, 2019
    Super fun game! I enjoy playing it, not a Marvel fan either. Lot of grinding, worth the money
  2. Aug 1, 2019
    (Note: First Review on Metacritic I will go back through my library of games and write reviews based on my experience)

I have played all the MUA games. MUA1 Gold is still the best under X-Men Legends 2 that still holds the title as the best in this series but this game blows away X-Men Legends 1 and MUA 2. Explain Yourself! The things that would have made this better than MUA1

Explain Yourself!

The things that would have made this better than MUA1 Gold Edition:
    -If they kept the dialog tree options from the previous games
    -NPC interactions
    -Actual Alternative Skins (Second, Third and Fourth Skin Options)
    -Comic Book Missions
    -Solo Play, Duo or Tri hero play (Not just a full squad of 4)
    -Ability to Grab enemy types and random objects on the map.
    -Maps Feel Less Full, more stream line.

If the game had 1/2 of what I listed above it would have made it a 9/10. Even with all of it still would be about a 9.7

So your telling me its better than MUA2?

Why?

-Personally I love the art style over MUA2 Civil War Comic Series
    -The Combat is Faster and more Fluid
    -The team up combos do not slow the pace of the game or feel like its on rails although it looked cooler in MUA2 it just felt so clunky
    -The Hero Selection, don't get me wrong but this game has a better variety of heroes even though I would like to see some of the heroes that were exclusive to MUA2 maybe have a MUA2 hero DLC pack for MUA3

Overall.

If you are a fan of Marvel in both Comics and Cinematic Universes you would enjoy yourself if you liked games from Pre 2008 era of gaming. It has that feel of just "fun" it has nothing that tries to get your attention or loading screens telling you if you buy this you will do better. It feels whole. Even though the Day 1 update had a DLC button added to the main menu....

But it has DLC? The main menu has a DLC button.

Yes, but for $20 bucks you get.
    (4 Heroes Per Pack, Plus a Story Mission Plus Hero Skins Actual Alt Costumes)
    12 Heroes Plus new Story Content and Possible Free heroes along the way.

Any other company would charge $20 per pack. Colossus and Cyclops are also coming to this game as well as a Free Update. Even those two could have been $10-15 each. Looking at you Marvel Heroes 2013-2018 RIP.

Basing this on just the game alone Its a solid beat e'm up if you are a fan of that style game with light RPG elements. If you are looking into something deep like a Marvel Heroes MMO alternative you will not find it here, but if you can look past all the things that is missing from the previous games MUA1 Gold still holds the ground as being the best in the series but MUA3 is a great edition and with upcoming DLC and updates through 2020 this could come close but better off waiting for MUA4 or XML3 if that is more your cup of tea. Nintendo will hold the licence for a while if they continue to sell well but eventually I can see this game being ported to PC and other platforms especially with how close Microsoft and Nintendo have come in the past few years. I also want to make note if you are the type of person who does not like Diablo style grind this game might be "hard for you to get into" since there are moments in the game that will challenge you unless you play through the easy difficulty I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty to have the most rewarding experience.

NOTE: These numbers don't mean anything just to give you a since of scale from 1 being horrible and 10 being awesome.

Music 9 out of 10
    Sound Effects 7 out of 10
    Voice Work 9 out of 10

Game-play 9 out of 10
    Combat 10 out of 10
    Reputability 6 out of 10 RPG Mechanics 2 out of 10 Story 8 out of 10 Hours/Value 8 out of 10 My name is Abraham1 and I recommend this game at full price. Giving it a 8.7 out of 10
  3. Aug 7, 2019
    If you liked the first two and are a huge marvel fan you probably already bought this, but if reviews have you on the fence go ahead and buy it. Your playable hero roster is large as you unlock heroes and will be even larger after the season pass. Roster is very deep with Elsa bloodstone and Crystal from the inhumans I've absolutely loved my time with it so far. It runs the gamut a greatIf you liked the first two and are a huge marvel fan you probably already bought this, but if reviews have you on the fence go ahead and buy it. Your playable hero roster is large as you unlock heroes and will be even larger after the season pass. Roster is very deep with Elsa bloodstone and Crystal from the inhumans I've absolutely loved my time with it so far. It runs the gamut a great deal of marvel villains and locations. It does have some glaring flaws that keep it from being a 9 or 10 like the camera, your inactive party members not leveling with you as the game progresses, and some boss fights bordering on frustration unless you go into infinity trials and grind. Also the ISO 8 system for gear can be a little daunting at first until you get used to it. Even with it's warts it's still a fun game to play either alone or couch co-op with a friend, especially if you're a marvel fan Expand
  4. Jul 19, 2019
    I would say this game isnt perfect for the hardcore action rpg games but it certainly does entertain ppl who love Marvel characters and its universe. I personally love this game. It gets kinda repetitive but its really fun when it comes to actual playing part. Highly recommended!!!
  5. Jul 19, 2019
    Game is general addicting hack n slash beat em up type game with superheroes fun and pretty simple the graphics are not the best especially in handheld but they are ok I recommend this to fans or people who enjoy this type games
  6. Jul 21, 2019
    It's a fun game to play if you love the marvel universe. Trying out different superhero combinations and fine tinkering them to create the ultimate team is a good time.
  7. Jul 19, 2019
    Cool game.
    + For lovers of comics Marvel.
    + Great portable game experience.
    + An interesting roster of characters.

- Graphics are not high level for exclusive.
  8. Jul 19, 2019
    Lots of POW and ZAM and KAPOW that hits all the right feels for a Marvel game, It is really an 8 but I give it an extra point for making me fall in love with these characters all over again!
  9. Jul 19, 2019
    Really fun game, specially played co-op on the couch with friends or family (MCU fans preferably). Rpg elements are quite simple but adds a needed layer to the game. Graphics are actually good (this is the Switch, remember), 30fps 'most of the time', I must say I really enjoy the overall look of it. As a single player experience I would say it is a 7.5 but as co-op game (and this is how weReally fun game, specially played co-op on the couch with friends or family (MCU fans preferably). Rpg elements are quite simple but adds a needed layer to the game. Graphics are actually good (this is the Switch, remember), 30fps 'most of the time', I must say I really enjoy the overall look of it. As a single player experience I would say it is a 7.5 but as co-op game (and this is how we intend to play it) it is a 9.0. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2019
    A solid game, but on the weaker end for an Ultimate Alliance title. It's a straightforward and enjoyable game, but the gameplay loop could be more satisfying, and level balancing is in need of massive improvement, with issues pertaining to not sticking too closely to one core team for leveling due to only party members receiving any sum of experience, as well as leveling involving droppingA solid game, but on the weaker end for an Ultimate Alliance title. It's a straightforward and enjoyable game, but the gameplay loop could be more satisfying, and level balancing is in need of massive improvement, with issues pertaining to not sticking too closely to one core team for leveling due to only party members receiving any sum of experience, as well as leveling involving dropping in and out of co-op leading to disparities: when playing co-op with a friend, all players retain story progress, but only the host's party receiving shared XP, while guests only retain XP for whatever hero they're playing. This means that if four separate players are playing together, each player is only leveling one of their characters, leaving them dangerously underleveled if they try to continue their story progress solo.

The roster is respectable but lacks some of the more unique picks of previous X-Men Legends and MUA games, with the vast bulk of characters being core MCU, Spider-Verse or core X-Men (which a few omissions, two of which will be added in as free DLC at a later date). Throughout the span of the 12-15 hr. campaign (20 hrs. at the most if you're being lax enough with it), characters unlock in small bursts pertaining to the story, as opposed to the first Ultimate Alliance where the majority of the roster is unlocked from the outset and only a small amount of side characters pertaining to the story require unlocking, so unfortunately between this and a lack of straightforward practice options, the game doesn't give much room for experimentation, and its stagger system unfortunately leaves it prone to relying too heavily on damage sponge enforcer enemies as a substitute for unique special enemies to test out strategies on.

It seems like I'm being overly critical of the game, but these are issues that I do feel requires some addressing. That said, while it may be the weakest game of the franchise - even more so than MUA2 - it's still Ultimate Alliance at its core, Gauntlet-likes represent a subset of gaming that has been massively under-represented even as far back as the last Ultimate Alliance title, and as always, co-op is tremendously fun with friends, especially locally, although camera issues make it far more enjoyable with multiple copies for players. While the game is your standard superhero popcorn fare, it's charming in a way that will surely resound with fans of Marvel multimedia, and it does have a few less-obvious characters to represent like Ms. Marvel, Crystal, and Elsa Bloodstone, For those on the fence, it might be worth a simple rental or waiting for a deep sale, but even for people on the fence, if you can find a good deal, it's a good game that's easily worth checking out. It's not a perfect game, or a pinnacle of what it's trying to do, but it's not a bad game, and it's serviceable, but it's hardly 'just' serviceable: it's flawed, but fun.
  11. Jul 19, 2019
    A lot of characters, fun gameplay, a very cool game in the Switch library
    This game is a love letter to Marvel fans
  12. Jul 19, 2019
    Metacritic needs to adopt verified reviews like Rotten Tomatoes. This thing is getting review-bombed by non Switch owners angry that its a Nintendo exclusive. This game is great. An old fashioned beat em up of non stop fun. If there's anything that could be considered bad about the game is that it feels like its a game fit for 10 years ago. Maybe even further back. Honestly it feelsMetacritic needs to adopt verified reviews like Rotten Tomatoes. This thing is getting review-bombed by non Switch owners angry that its a Nintendo exclusive. This game is great. An old fashioned beat em up of non stop fun. If there's anything that could be considered bad about the game is that it feels like its a game fit for 10 years ago. Maybe even further back. Honestly it feels like a PS2 era game. But thats what works for it. That era was an era of quick, fast, fun smash and grab gaming. Its now almost retro style of gameplay is fast, fluid and simple and is reminiscent of beat em ups all the way back to the Konami X-Men arcade cabinet. Some might lament some of its simplicity, but its honestly a refreshing change of pace of many of today's action games. If you don't have a switch, don't just sit there and review bomb this game. Go out and buy a switch and grab this game. Its worth it. Expand
  13. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is very fun to play. The characters are great to play as, the different locations are very cool and nice call backs to various comics. The thing that ruins this game is the camera. The camera is a bit of a mess in the game and there are sometimes were there’s too much action going on to the point we’re I can’t see my character I choose. Overall, this is a fun title single orThis game is very fun to play. The characters are great to play as, the different locations are very cool and nice call backs to various comics. The thing that ruins this game is the camera. The camera is a bit of a mess in the game and there are sometimes were there’s too much action going on to the point we’re I can’t see my character I choose. Overall, this is a fun title single or multiplayer co op Expand
  14. PMK
    Jul 21, 2019
    Simply The best marvel ultimate alliance ever made - with excellent collection of heroes and
    cool control system - yes , there are some issues with this game but generally it is great
  15. Jul 19, 2019
    Great game for Nintendo Switch. In multiplayer mode the game is very funny. Good Job
  16. Jul 21, 2019
    A solid and entertaining Nintendo Switch Exclusive. Not groundbreaking by any means, but more than enough bang for your buck (if you’re a Marvel fan), coupled with the promising longevity from the Season Pass makes this title a worthwhile purchase!
  17. Jul 21, 2019
    I never pre-order game I did pre-order this one. Why? Because of the freaking nostalgia of course! And I honestly do not regret it, the game is amazing and its so much fun. There is loads of content and all the heroes bring something different to the table, you have to really think what combinations you use because it really makes a difference. To me this game isn't perfection, but itsI never pre-order game I did pre-order this one. Why? Because of the freaking nostalgia of course! And I honestly do not regret it, the game is amazing and its so much fun. There is loads of content and all the heroes bring something different to the table, you have to really think what combinations you use because it really makes a difference. To me this game isn't perfection, but its damn close!

Pro's : Amazing content
    It's challenging
    I love the graphics
    True marvel game
    Great gameplay

Con's :
    Camera is really clunky
    The Puzzles are too easy
    ISO-8 system is quite overwhelming.

Overall this game is great for MUA franchise lovers (Like me) and maybe people who played Marvel Heroes in the past. It's overall just a very satisfying game to play!
  18. Jul 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best MUA i have played. Great story. Nice animation and cutscenes. I recommend. Expand
  19. Jul 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. juegazo los de ps4 que me chupen la que cuelga. ya que lo quieren en su consola. pero NO Expand
  20. Jul 19, 2019
    É um jogo fantastico, pega tudo dos seus antecessores e melhora, acompanhado de um apelo visual inspirado no MCU.
  21. Jul 19, 2019
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    I’m not a huge Marvel fan and was hoping this game would help me appreciate Marvel more than I do. I played through Ultimate Alliance 2 with my best friend when I was younger, and was looking for more dumb fun to bring back those memories.
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS

More than that however, it succeeds on its own as an in depth and fun action game! I’m enjoying the story so far and would recommend the game to anyone, Marvel fan or not.

PROS
    -Good story.
    -Mostly solid voice acting.
    -Frame rate mostly is stable.
    -Fun action.
    -Hero camera in single player mode.
    -Graphics look bright and colorful.
    -The sounds! Music is fitting and decidedly epic depending on location. I also like hearing each characters attack sounds.
    -Character animations are great (I LOVE how Spider-Gwen takes a selfie when she’s idle ^-^)!
    -Brings the feeling of old arcade games into the palms of my hands.
    -Overall, this game is just a good, fun time.

CONS
    -It seems required to know about the MCU to understand what’s going on (Infinity Stones aren’t explained, intro’s to characters are too short).
    -Camera during boss fights occasionally hides enemies or downed allies.
    -Health/Blue orbs can get stuck in walls inside/outside of combat.
    -SPIDER-MAN CONSTANTLY SHOUTING “THWIP THWIP!!”. Seriously, SHUT UP! I wish there was an option to turn off call outs when using certain moves, or at least more variation with what is said.
    -Occasional frame rate drop during Ultimate Attacks.
    -I really dislike how Infinity Trials take you out of the game and back to the main menu.
    -I wish there were more than 4 special moves for each character.
    -Ms. Marvel is annoying.
    -A random voice says “Level Up!” when a character levels up. I’d rather have the character say something. Venom, for example, could say something like, “Faster! Stronger! Better than Spider-Man!” THAT would be so much better than the random voice they have now saying “Level Up!”

That said, i’d still highly recommend this game to anyone. It’s more of an 8 or 9, but i’m keeping the 10 rating to offset scores ranging from 0 to 4.

And remember: THWIP THWIP!!! THWIP THWIP!!!
  22. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is amazing on my switch, I'll be enjoying it. I'll post more of my review in the coming days
  23. Jul 19, 2019
    Like most modern games the critic reviews are not so accurate, or enlightened.

The game is a blast, especially with co op. One chapter in I was overwhelmed with nostalgia, but now I'm several hours in I've actually begun judging the game on it's own merit. It's one of the most fun superhero co op experiences I've played for a long time! Some lesser known and lesser loved heroes in
    Like most modern games the critic reviews are not so accurate, or enlightened.

Some lesser known and lesser loved heroes in the game Marvel die hards will appreciate. But it's not exclusive to my fellow comic nerds, it's inclusive enough for people who only enjoy the movies. It's a great action game with some great co op!

Story is solid so far!
  24. Jul 19, 2019
    This is an incredible game, really really awesome, the main problem with the critic is the fact that you need to be a true fan, the critic as we know is full of posers so they don't give it a good rate because they dont understand the half of the universe.
  25. Jul 20, 2019
    Trust me I WANTED to love this game — I got the two biggest marvel fans I knew together for a game night and after about 90 minutes.. this game nearly put us to sleep. It literally feels like a mobile game and for $60 I expected a lot more from Team Ninja. We played on the “Harder” difficultly and the whole experience just fell flat. Sluggish controls, poor aiming system, abilities feelTrust me I WANTED to love this game — I got the two biggest marvel fans I knew together for a game night and after about 90 minutes.. this game nearly put us to sleep. It literally feels like a mobile game and for $60 I expected a lot more from Team Ninja. We played on the “Harder” difficultly and the whole experience just fell flat. Sluggish controls, poor aiming system, abilities feel pointless — button mashing is all that mattered.

The puzzles are insultingly easy, the levels were boring and super straight forward, too many cutscenes, the camera is annoying, boss fights were too long... I could go on and on. We’ll just stick with smash, broforce and mario maker — much more fun party games.
  26. Jul 19, 2019
    10 years was worth the waiting! Incredible fan service game with a lot more content coming up!
    Maybe I am being to generous with a "10" but thats how I feel about this game, thanks to everyone involved!
  27. Jul 19, 2019
    Can't understand why there is so much hate behind this game. I'm already went through half of the story mode and that is what I can highlight.

Pros : Gameplay is way more fluid than its 2 predecessors. Combo system feels more natural and heroes are really distinct from each other. Kinda like the X men legends where the heavy attack and the aerial attack could combo with light and

Pros :
    Gameplay is way more fluid than its 2 predecessors.
    Combo system feels more natural and heroes are really distinct from each other. Kinda like the X men legends where the heavy attack and the aerial attack could combo with light and specials.
    Huge rooster, with 36 heroes/villians in the base game 2 free DLC to come and 12 more characters to be added as DLC.
    Story is really fun. Nothing incredible, but lots of fan service and it is nice to watch the cutscenes.

OK stuff:
    Boos battles are OK ( but is was ok either in the last 2 games )
    Sinergy is meh but not bad ( I liked the combined special from ultimate alliance 2 more )
    Graphics on the handheld mode are kinda blurry. It's not awful but is not as great as in the TV.
    It appears that there are no costumes in this game, only colors... this is sad but does not ruin the experience. I prefer more characters than more costumes and that's what they've done.

It was the game that I was expecting. It's nothing incredibly different than its predecessors, but it is a step on the right direction.

I'd give 8/10 but I gave 10 to balance all the hate through the game.
  28. Jul 19, 2019
    Great game and lots of fun! Playing coop is incredible! And the good that will have much content for DLC, I can not wait to launch!
  29. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is far better than the reviews are saying. All fans of marvel or rpgs will love this game. Single layer is great but even more fun with friends. 9 out of ten for me
  30. Jul 19, 2019
    Ótimo game, evoluindo as duas versões anteriores. Como sou muito fã e já estava aguardando o game há tempos, gostei muito da jogabilidade, dos heróis disponíveis, do modo de evolução dos personagens, sistema de combate, etc... Vale a pena conferir para não dizer que é obrigatório para quem curte. Fator replay elevado.
  31. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is what a marvel fan needs. Being able to play as all kinds of characters with friends is an amazing experience.
  32. Jul 19, 2019
    Nice game for Switch / Marvel Fans!!
    The multiplayer options are very good and fun!!
    I'll be enjoying it
  33. Jul 19, 2019
    Fantastic game, the multiplayer options are very good and fun, many playable characters the stages are in the perfect difficulty level.
  34. Jul 21, 2019
    Gran juego, puedes hacer diferentes equipos y rejugable usando diferentes equipos de héroes. Puedes jugar con 4 jugadores en la misma consola, online y conectando otras switch. La historia un 10 es como ir desarrollando un evento de los cómics. Hagan aún lado lo que ya vieron en el cine y les va a gustar. Es una historia nueva diferente a los cómics y al Universo Cinematográfica de MarvelGran juego, puedes hacer diferentes equipos y rejugable usando diferentes equipos de héroes. Puedes jugar con 4 jugadores en la misma consola, online y conectando otras switch. La historia un 10 es como ir desarrollando un evento de los cómics. Hagan aún lado lo que ya vieron en el cine y les va a gustar. Es una historia nueva diferente a los cómics y al Universo Cinematográfica de Marvel no los comparen porque se van a perder una genial historia. Expand
  35. Aug 2, 2019
    This game is amazing. Great fun, not sure why there's some hate for it out there. It's not perfect, but these days you don't have a lot of Marvel games like this where you have the Avengers and the X-Men fighting together. That's just awesome! Ridiculous variety of heroes to choose from, with more to come in the DLC packs, which is sold as a relatively affordable pass at $19.99. I loveThis game is amazing. Great fun, not sure why there's some hate for it out there. It's not perfect, but these days you don't have a lot of Marvel games like this where you have the Avengers and the X-Men fighting together. That's just awesome! Ridiculous variety of heroes to choose from, with more to come in the DLC packs, which is sold as a relatively affordable pass at $19.99. I love how the characters have classic comic book models. I really think they look rad! Sure, it's a beat-em-up RPG but it's surprisingly deep, and reminds me of Diablo 3 sometimes. If you own a Switch and like Marvel even a little, this should really be in your collection...very cool that it's a Switch exclusive, that makes it even more fun. There's a lot to do even outside of the main story, with rewards and unlockables. 9/10, don't listen to the haters. Expand
  36. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is meh.
    Good points
    - Nice story, amazing dialogues. - A lot of characters, nice combos too. - The gameplay is fun, but sometimes you feel tired of playing and need to take a break. Bad points - PS3 Graphics - The gameplay is fun but sometimes is most repetitive and you will need to take a break or you will want to die. - 30 songs who repeat a lot... - Stages without
    This game is meh.
    Good points
    - Nice story, amazing dialogues.
    - A lot of characters, nice combos too.

Bad points
    - PS3 Graphics
    - 30 songs who repeat a lot...
    - Stages without much details, linear as ****
    - Dumb I.A.
    - The story is cool but the end is so bad...
  37. Jul 19, 2019
    That number loves to show up but I guess it's what was expected out of it.. Though some mentions about boring combat because all you do is punch and punch and punch, is exactly how the old one played.. You had all of 2 combo's you could sort of do but only 1 was really good, so instead of punching, you just combo'd the whole game. Powers never changed up anything other than to clear theThat number loves to show up but I guess it's what was expected out of it.. Though some mentions about boring combat because all you do is punch and punch and punch, is exactly how the old one played.. You had all of 2 combo's you could sort of do but only 1 was really good, so instead of punching, you just combo'd the whole game. Powers never changed up anything other than to clear the screen (sometimes)

It sounds to me if you played the original 2, and liked them then this one follows right behind those in the way they played and the grind you had in them. +1
  38. Jul 19, 2019
    This isn't a Avengers game, some critics should realize this. This is closer to the Lego games, but way better to me. Having played the last two Lego hero games on Switch this is 100x better gameplay wise. The formula for the Lego games were; open closed door button, mash boss. That's it that's the whole game. This one is a lot better in that respect and the hero feel more fleshed out.This isn't a Avengers game, some critics should realize this. This is closer to the Lego games, but way better to me. Having played the last two Lego hero games on Switch this is 100x better gameplay wise. The formula for the Lego games were; open closed door button, mash boss. That's it that's the whole game. This one is a lot better in that respect and the hero feel more fleshed out.

This is a great game to play with the family.
  39. Jul 19, 2019
    This is an incredible game, the main problem with the critic is the fact that this game is made by fans for fans, but true fans not the people that see mcu movies and thinks is fan just for that, this game is not for trend is for true fans
  40. Jul 19, 2019
    I´m loving the game. Forgot to go to sleep this nite. Its even better then I was expecting. I think, this is one hell of a exclusive game for the switch!
  41. Jul 21, 2019
    It's amazing!! I am literally in love, so much better than the first two and perfectly optimized for Switch. The graphics are gorgeous and fit the art style (((((the characters are so detailed, seriously! I am playing on a Samsung 4K TV, it looks flippin' sweeeeeeet)))), sooo many freaking characters to choose from, and so much variety when it comes to the characters. I love flying aroundIt's amazing!! I am literally in love, so much better than the first two and perfectly optimized for Switch. The graphics are gorgeous and fit the art style (((((the characters are so detailed, seriously! I am playing on a Samsung 4K TV, it looks flippin' sweeeeeeet)))), sooo many freaking characters to choose from, and so much variety when it comes to the characters. I love flying around and web swinging, that alone gives me way too much joy, plus it's cool to see them perform special moves and everything. I am impressed honestly, then again, it's Team Ninja. :) Expand
  42. Jul 21, 2019
    If you like Marvel this is the perfect game! So much great fanservice, loaded with content, and a great lineup of Marvel heroes to choose from.
  43. Jul 26, 2019
    I made an account with metacritic just so I could warn people about this game. It's a tragic mess. It plays like an old arcade quarter muncher. Now you might think, "I love quarter munchers!" Well I'm one of those people, and believe me this is not what you're looking for.

The camera is never where you want it to be, it's zoomed out WAAAAYYYY to far and it's only controllable by the player, sometimes. I'm playing on a 70" TV and I can't see my character so forget about playing on the switch itself.

There is an alliance enhancement system in the game that you can use to upgrade your team throughout the game. Well that doesn't actually so anything, it's just a thing you do that has no actual effect on your team. I forgot this was a system in the game and had never speced any points until I was more than half way through the game. I specced out 3 entire hexes and it changed nothing. I did the same damage, enemies died just as slowly. The only redeeming factor is that you get to play as so many iconic Marvel characters. Just save your money or pick it up for a massive discount.
  44. Jul 20, 2019
    If you have played X-men Legends or MUA1/2 then you know exactly what you are getting. Anyone expecting some groundbreaking game here has entitlement issues.
  45. Jul 24, 2019
    Really fun game! Great combat, dungeon crawling fun. All marvel fans will enjoy this great game.
  46. Jul 20, 2019
    Amazing ! Came back to the old school brawler style gameplay with big roster of amazing heroes
  47. Jul 20, 2019
    I've played every iteration of this franchise, from the original X-Men's Legends to the Ultimate Alliance Civil War and this is by far the worst. Lazy would be my description and poor balancing. Here's my own opinion, take it as you will...

Controls- C- It's hard to understand how they thought this was adequate for a supposed A+ game. Half the time you need to resort to button smashing and even then you will end up getting hit over and over trying to simply do a quick attack. Frustrating to play against large groups of foes because the controls are just so poorly laid out and un-intuitive, you end up at a loss when it comes to figuring out what to do.

Game play C: Average game play at best, which is sad for what this franchise has brought before. This is by the far the least enjoyable, because it simply does not have the qualities of it's predecessors. Finishing the first and second area are a chore and feels more like work than an enjoyable activity. Marvel Heroes had better game play in my opinion and that's really sad when it can be overshadowed by a game like that.This doesn't even take into account the atrocious, I mean absolutely crappy camera that's in this game, not just in coop either, but in solo and online multiplayer as well. Just so bad.

Graphics C: It's a switch game, so I wasn't expecting much, however the graphics are just not there. The individual paper dolls on the menu screen are great, however the characters in the game look like something out of cheap Sunday morning cartoon, more than they do an actual comic book. The effects are cheap too... resembling more like blobs of light than actual explosions.

Story C-: I don't know what I was expecting, but certainly not this. The story is not believable and at times it just feels like things are forced. I wish they had taken an actual story arch and used that, rather than this mishmash of stories that just don't work. Again, not what you expect from an A tier franchise.

Overall: I would give the game a D, simply because, even though individually there are higher scores, nothing works well together. It's like putting a pro soccer, basketball, and baseball player on a Football team and expecting it to work. Individually they may be good at what they do, but they don't work well as a football team, and this doesn't work well as a game. Skip this game until it goes on sale. It's definitely not worth the $59.99 they're asking for right now.
  48. Jul 21, 2019
    Loved both of the previous installations, and this one is terrible. Great character selection...to go into dumb laser timing puzzles, paper enemies to kill with no character individuality of your own, broken up by boss battles that cheese your party to death and bring your game progress to a halt. Waste of money.
  49. Jul 19, 2019
    Uninspired, bland, boring garbage. It was funny hearing Mark Hamill voice Green Goblin though... that's worth a 3 right?
  50. Jul 19, 2019
    Big fan of the first two games and X-Men Legends before. But oof, this game is a stinker. Controls are sluggish, powers and combos are boring, forget about the "synergy" system. Individual character levelling and stagger bars make the game a chore to play through, and the bosses are **** The voice acting is grating, there's very little immersion compared to the previous titles, and theBig fan of the first two games and X-Men Legends before. But oof, this game is a stinker. Controls are sluggish, powers and combos are boring, forget about the "synergy" system. Individual character levelling and stagger bars make the game a chore to play through, and the bosses are **** The voice acting is grating, there's very little immersion compared to the previous titles, and the sound mixing is wonky. Frame-rate drop-off in handheld is abominable. This game is not fun. If you want a fun co-op game on the Switch, try Kirby instead. That's great fun. Expand
  51. Jul 19, 2019
    I am appalled by the amount of troll false 0 scores from people who either only like DC comics or have no nintendo switch and want to play this game... Really this is going low ruining the score on this awesome game. What do people expect the legend of zelda with captain america and iron man? i say its a 8.5 but have to give a 10 to balance the fake reviews!
  52. Jul 19, 2019
    While the first game was amazing, with the gorgeous style graphics, cool power attacks etc and the very intresting levels. Everything from the first game was very good. Unfortunately, the third game cannot be compared. I just don't like the style and levelsa seem very boring, so uninspired. The story is also very weak something that we have seen a lot before, Avengers thing is somethingWhile the first game was amazing, with the gorgeous style graphics, cool power attacks etc and the very intresting levels. Everything from the first game was very good. Unfortunately, the third game cannot be compared. I just don't like the style and levelsa seem very boring, so uninspired. The story is also very weak something that we have seen a lot before, Avengers thing is something I do not prefer either. Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2019
    Great game! Brings back nostalgia. A Marvel game you “MUST” own in your collection. Nintendo exclusive baby. lol
  54. Jul 22, 2019
    UI is clunky, graphics are pretty dated, camera is awful, dialogue is very cheesy, and gameplay itself is extremely shallow. The game is partially redeemed by the fact that it is easy and fun to play locally with friends, and that many iconic characters are in the same place. With some updates it could end up being a decent game.

For diehard Marvel fans, this game may be an 8-9, but for

For diehard Marvel fans, this game may be an 8-9, but for the general audience, it's just a 2005-era beat em up that should be passed up.
  55. Jul 20, 2019
    This game is fantastic. The Metacritic negative reviews is filled with review bombs and some are clever now so they appear to be actual reviews. Even if you played the game and what world is this a 0.

Huge roster with many new and classic Marvel characters. If you love MUA 1 and 2 this game is a thousand times better. I noticed someone saying they loved those but hated this. I call BS they never played this game. No person that actually played this game would say that. Boss fights are incredible with lots of mechanics. I havent tried the Superior difficulty yet that you unlock but I hope its actually really hard. Get 2 Vouchers for 99 USD and you can get this game and another and 5 dollars off towards the DLC with the Gold you receive. Nintendo has the best deal on new digital games on console.
  56. Jul 24, 2019
    Cons
    - Team Ninja game (Japan developer)
    - Bad graphic
    - Repetitive
    - Kid game
    - Spider-man jumping

Pros
    + Game is very very easy
  57. Jul 22, 2019
    So, in short, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not too exceptional. It has a good story, uses its source material well, and has a great roster expanding soon with DLC, but its tedious gameplay, bland songs, low budget feel, meaningless skill points, and lack of anything it itself does really well that Marvel and even other Dungeon Crawlers haven't done better, makes it a game that unlikeSo, in short, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not too exceptional. It has a good story, uses its source material well, and has a great roster expanding soon with DLC, but its tedious gameplay, bland songs, low budget feel, meaningless skill points, and lack of anything it itself does really well that Marvel and even other Dungeon Crawlers haven't done better, makes it a game that unlike Dragon Quest Builders 2, isn't something I'm looking forward to replay in the future. Expand
  58. Jul 23, 2019
    Game is just too difficult for a casual gamer like myself which really blows because I'm a huge Marvel fan. Camera can also be your enemy sometimes too.
  59. Jul 20, 2019
    I'm surprised the scores aren't a bit higher. Kind of seems like some people came here with a grudge.
    So far i'm really enjoying it. I like the art style and the costume designs.
    The roster is also pretty big and I like that the voice acting and personality of the characters is in line with the MCU. It's obviously not as good as something like Spider-man in terms of its gameplay but
    So far i'm really enjoying it. I like the art style and the costume designs.
    It's obviously not as good as something like Spider-man in terms of its gameplay but it's an old school brawler style game. These games aren't so common anymore but they can be a lot of fun :).
    Sadly marvel games are few and far between on consoles so having a game with so many marvel heroes is a treat in my opinion :).
  60. Jul 21, 2019
    This game is something is. The addiction level of this game is real. Unlocking new characters make you feel so good and in shock. “Oh snaps, I got (insert character) unlocked.” Playing with them is great. Playing this game on easy is cheating yourself. Playing it in the highest difficulty provided for maximum carnage. The puzzles are fun to play. There’s a side action fighting sequenceThis game is something is. The addiction level of this game is real. Unlocking new characters make you feel so good and in shock. “Oh snaps, I got (insert character) unlocked.” Playing with them is great. Playing this game on easy is cheating yourself. Playing it in the highest difficulty provided for maximum carnage. The puzzles are fun to play. There’s a side action fighting sequence that’s so fun to play. They really have the comics layout on point. The boss fights. Boy do they live up to the unique level of fun. Expand
  61. Jul 21, 2019
    good game but the camera sucks.
    if you are marvel fan then you will like it.
  62. Jul 31, 2019
    Overall I cannot recommend this game. For the multiplayer alone, which should be the most fun part of the game, (co-op) it is miserable because of the jerky camera. It gives you the option to change the sensitivity of the camera, but I could never understand what this option did. It either kept the camera super zoomed out to where I couldn't see my character or too far zoomed in to whereOverall I cannot recommend this game. For the multiplayer alone, which should be the most fun part of the game, (co-op) it is miserable because of the jerky camera. It gives you the option to change the sensitivity of the camera, but I could never understand what this option did. It either kept the camera super zoomed out to where I couldn't see my character or too far zoomed in to where characters got cut out of the picture. Playing single player is decently fun, until you realize every character is almost exactly the same, and they have very few things that set them apart. I seriously wish I had bought the hardcopy version so I could take it back. Expand
  63. Jul 23, 2019
    Impressive number of playable heroes and several DLC yet to come! It comes down to 3 things: Fun to play, fast non-stop action, great humor and story. Haven’t felt so much joy playing a game in quite a long time.
  64. Jul 22, 2019
    The beast game ever, and only in switch, and portable. I like the mecanic and all the marvel veros, más in momnets are a lot of people in the sale time ando yo made crazy with the crazy momentos muy hoy van light.
  65. Jul 24, 2019
    is a solid game a must if you like marvel it has its fault but overall really fun and surprisingly deep
  66. Jul 20, 2019
    Really good. The most diverse and interesting roster of any MUA game. Fun combat. Great looking abilities. Story is cool but story has never been the draw.

Its really annoying how people who obviously are just trolling can post 0 reviewam i can see why some might rate it a 7 or 7.5 but 0? Youre dumb if you think this game is that low
  67. Jul 20, 2019
    Müthiş keyifli bir oyun çok güzel olmuş herkese tavsiye ederim mekanikler ve grafik çok iyi
  68. Jul 22, 2019
    Bought the game Friday, played from 10pm till 3am!
    Saturday invited 3 friends over and we played from around 9pm till 4 in the morning! Even my wife, that usually doesn't care about games, played for a bit and found it fun.
    Devoted my Sunday to it! The game is incredible and with friends couch co op or online it gets even better! Might not be for everybody, but if you like the mix of
    Bought the game Friday, played from 10pm till 3am!
    Devoted my Sunday to it!
    The game is incredible and with friends couch co op or online it gets even better! Might not be for everybody, but if you like the mix of arpg and arcade gameplay and are fan of super heroes, look no further this game is awesome!
    It looks there it will be supported in the next months/years with some DLCs as well!

I could go into more details but I am no reviewer, I will let my (estimated) 25hours played since Friday speak for my self, it might not say much for people with tons of free time but for a 30year old married guy believe me it says a lot on how I am loving the game and on how few hours of sleep I had over the weekend!
  69. Jul 21, 2019
    Awesome game , great fan service and a lot of playtime with a lot of marvel characters. Fun story too
  70. Jul 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful games for a Marvel fan. It has a lot of main characters of Marvel Comics and this game has a perfect way to explain his story. Expand
  71. Jul 20, 2019
    Game is a lot of fun. Have only tried playing single player, but having a blast. It is fun to run around as these characters and check out the abilities. The camera can be an issue but I'm sure a patch can help with that. Interested to see where the future of the game will head. If you are a fan of Marvel, I would definitely check this out.
  72. Jul 21, 2019
    best game ever with a rich number of characters and 40 more to come the game is amazing and there will also be free dlc characters, totally worth it.
  73. Jul 22, 2019
    It's so much fun, guys. The reviews don't do it ´justice. It feels great playing it. Like you're in that universe. I can't wait to play it with three friends!
  74. Jul 23, 2019
    Amazing game, not for Ignorants, it's for real gamers not for idiots like the actual "Gamers".
  75. Jul 23, 2019
    incredible game a dream come true, it's exactly what fans are be waiting for, is totally ultimate alliance experience, better than 2, at the same heigh than the first one, lovely.
  76. Jul 23, 2019
  77. Jul 23, 2019
  78. Jul 23, 2019
  79. Jul 23, 2019
  80. Jul 24, 2019
  81. Aug 2, 2019
    1. Too short, finished the main story on a hard mode for a couple of day;
    2. Awful camera;
    3. AI is an a complete idiot, makes some Rifts just unplayable in single player mode (Avengers tower's terminals and some others); 4. Alternative outfits are just the same as original, but with different color scheme; 5. Graphics is just meh ; 6. Lack of content, beat it twice on hard and
    1. Too short, finished the main story on a hard mode for a couple of day;
    2. Awful camera;
    5. Graphics is just meh ;
    6. Lack of content, beat it twice on hard and superior difficulty and in the second time it was boring;
    7. Tbh, it's just not fun to play it in single player mode since game is designed for co-op.
  82. Aug 19, 2019
    All heroes play the same way. All enemies are the same with different skins. Progression is stupid. You just buff generic stats for EVERY HEROE IN YOUR ROSTER. Sure, with the very random ISO I could aim my Luke Cage to be more durable, but there is no point, since there are no roles in the game. Everyone is just hitting light/heavy attacks all around until you fill your special. SpecialsAll heroes play the same way. All enemies are the same with different skins. Progression is stupid. You just buff generic stats for EVERY HEROE IN YOUR ROSTER. Sure, with the very random ISO I could aim my Luke Cage to be more durable, but there is no point, since there are no roles in the game. Everyone is just hitting light/heavy attacks all around until you fill your special. Specials must be really awesome, but I could not say, since the screens fills with so much sparks, glares and numbers that you really have no idea who used the special or what it actually did. There are some good dialogues, but other than that, the story is really shallow and clichê. I wanted to quit the game halfway through it, but out of respect for my money, and finished it (and uninstalled right away). Glad I didn't buy the season pass. Expand
  83. Aug 18, 2019
    Sorry but this game is really awful. I don't understand how both Media and User score get pass 7.
    This is at best a mobile game quality without miscrotranscation.
    Terrible combat mechanic, horrible emeny desgin, repeated action modules for both heroes and bosses, extremely boring mission design and a lot of aimless farming.
    For Marvel Comics fans only! Not even MCU fanboys.
  84. Aug 6, 2019
    The first game for a long time with NORMAL NICE AND BEUATIFUL FEMALE CHARACTERS.
    There are no longer nice female characters even in Mortal Kombat 11.
    Where are normal, nice, fine women in the last games?
    I still believe in eastern game industry.
    BTW game is nice to play, especially with friends.
  85. Jul 28, 2019
    I really like this game. I'm enjoying it on the go. I recommend to finish the story by your own and then start creating groups or join another groups to play with other ppl. So far so good
  86. Jul 27, 2019
    This game has been a blast so far. Have been playing with a buddy with the other 2 team mates as the computer.
    The only reason I cant give it a 10 is due to the fact that 2 player co-op (online) only allows the host to switch between the other 2 team members. I feel that they should add the ability (when playing 2 player) to allow for both players to control 2 characters a piece. Other than that this is an addictive beat em up with great character models and decent voice acting. The game really shines in the game mechanics as well as, its depth in variation in team selection.
  87. Jul 24, 2019
    funny amazing spiderman assumes. i like marvel and game characters. gooooooood~
  88. Jul 26, 2019
    Its a cool game created for marvel fans and i like the gameplay is cool and funny
  89. Jul 30, 2019
    Roster (9/10): Decent. With a lot more DLC coming, it's going to kick ass. X-Men, Avengers, F4, Marvel Knights...all excellent. I personally wish for Iceman and Cable but I doubt it.

Combat (7.5/10): It could be a bit more fluid and impacting. But it's similar to MH, MH did it just slightly better. I need to explore more heroes out so score subject to change. For example, one of Spiderman's skills immobilizes enemies with web, I like that. Also, not really noticing enough critical hits. Perhaps I have to level more or get more ISOs or whatever. Not sure. Fighting bosses is a PITA. More explained later.

Combat Skills & tree 9.5/10: Not bad, not bad at all.. A light and heavy attack PLUS 4 unique skills that work on a meter similar to "spirit" in MH. I am having a blast with Hulk and Iron man. There is also a "tree" to upgrade energy, strength, durability, etc. and many more, which is universal to all heroes. Hey, something is something.

Crafting 7.5/10: Seems tedious, boring, and a little complex but I have to explore it more. It upgrades hero stats.

Story 9.5/10: So far I am enjoying it more than MH's story. It's at a good pace, infinity gems, thanos and the black order as the main story. It starts off very good with the raft, hand, and sentinels, dark dimension. The blend is well done.

Camera angle 8/10: I have it set to hero. it focuses on the hero you have currently selected. I don't like the classic camera angle at all. Regardless, with so many heroes on the screen and a lot going on, I have difficulty focusing on the one I have selected. It seems too zoomed out.

Voice acting 8/10. Voice acting is great (especially spiderman and Tony) but I wish there were more interactions/lines like MH. When you speak to NPCs, you reply silently (like some nintendo games do). Pretty lame.

Difficulty 6/10: Some bosses are so hard. Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong. I hate that "shield" bar bosses have. It sucks. Once I stun them, I am not blowing enough crits. So taking down a boss takes a long ass time.

Overall, I strongly feel it's a worthy SUBSTITUTE (NOT successor) to MH. There are no items, there isn't a "Midtown" zone (I wish there was!). If MUA 3 included loot and boss loot like a typical ARPG game then it would definitely be a worthy successor. The only loot in this game are ISO 8s or whatever, orbs for health and the meter for skills.

I give it a score of 8/10. Definitely great casual fun.
  90. Aug 1, 2019
    Love this game. I've played all the MUA/Legends family of games and think this is a great addition. Only reason I do not give it a ten is lack of alternate outfits at release. I can't stand some of the looks they went went with. Looking at you, Captains America and Marvel. Bottom line, I've waiting years for this sequel and it was worth the wait.
  91. Aug 9, 2019
    After sinking more than 100+ hours into this game, I thought I would take this opportunity be self-entitled and write a review for anyone thinking of purchasing this game. Overall, I would say that this is a good game, not without a few teething issues early on with some bugs that could have been ironed out pre release (developers have their deadlines right), but nevertheless a greatAfter sinking more than 100+ hours into this game, I thought I would take this opportunity be self-entitled and write a review for anyone thinking of purchasing this game. Overall, I would say that this is a good game, not without a few teething issues early on with some bugs that could have been ironed out pre release (developers have their deadlines right), but nevertheless a great smash-em-up game.

The future of this game depends entirely on the developers next move regarding the introduction of DLC, new modes and new playable characters, to whether this game makes in into the amazing game it could be. Things I would like to see added: - NEW END GAME: whether it be endless mode, raid bosses, character prestige - you name it. The end game currently is minimal apart from grinding every character to lvl. 100 and seeking the best rainbow ISO8s. Give players some real grind to get into.

- NEW CHARACTERS: some are already planned I know but still.. get that roster growing (you have the licensing!)

- INSANE DIFFICULTY: just do it. - CLEAN UP THE MENU: especially ISO8 and character selection/character inventory. (On that note: cleaning up ISO8 is so boring and time consuming, maybe a select all option?!)

- COMMUNICATION: being switch exclusive, this already makes this game hard to bring out into the world, opening up voice chat would be a great way to bond the community that play this great game together. This game is calling out for expansion after a rocky but fun start and the ball is now in the developers court. However, overall, I would recommend buying this game, lots of nostalgic boss-beating for your buck!

1. Aug 15, 2019
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is a mighty callback that brings back a series that was an afterthought. It is a successful return for the series, boasting strong gameplay and an impressive and growing list of available heroes. There are a few missteps and annoyances, but these do not outweigh the positives features this game offers. The game shines when played with friends, but is perfectly fine as a single player action RPG romp. It is an easy game for Marvel fans to pick up and play, but is also enjoyable to those that might not be as familiar with the characters and settings.
  2. Aug 14, 2019
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order shows that together is better. With more than thirty playable characters, there is a favorite for everyone. You fly through the levels, while keeping everything short and small. The game definitely gives you the feeling of being a superhero offering lots of spectacle on screen.
  3. Aug 9, 2019
    Packed with fan service and with a huge amount to do, it’s difficult to dismiss Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order. It can get repetitive, and the story does drag a little, but comic book and Marvel aficionados will enjoy it nonetheless.