7.4

1. Jun 29, 2018
    Aaahhh yes , Naruto Storm games.... I played ALL of them on the PS3 back in the day... well at least up until 3.
    Then I got 1 for my friend an bought 4 in Steam.
    CC2 (the creators behind this game) are one of the individuals bastards to ever pull a Ubisoft move without behind noticed. Lets begin the basic review from Strom 1 and 2 and then jump to my rant , Okay ? Storm 1 - Storm one
    Then I got 1 for my friend an bought 4 in Steam.
    Storm 1 - Storm one had great mechanics and features to be a classic Anime fighting game much like DBZ -BT3 but lacked smooth gameplay. It had a pretty basic story mode and the fighting mechanic was casuals level. Still , the game was fun, and you could play with all characters in any FORM you would like.. (you will understand the reason for the CAPS LOCK later..)

Storm 2 - didn't do anything new beside making a walking simulator with Naruto for hours only to engage in cinematic battles. The cinematic battles were great , much like the first. If there was one thing they improved is the smooth gameplay unlike the 1st.
    Beside from that it had online feature will quickly made players realize how the combat was shallow and unbalanced. Add more to the negative aspect, the game now has no feature to play as the OP characters. By that I mean, the awakening form of 6 tales or curse mark Sasuke (for example) cannot be play explicitly unless you plan on taking damage only to use the form for 30 seconds.
    Not only that, but they've downgraded on the move-list for all unique awakening forms.
    One combo, one "special move" and no supers... yup that's right , no supers for OP characters.

The rest that comes from the **** Storm - nothing special, some new characters in every sequel downgraded from 4 combos to 3 (side combo removed after Generations). In no game you had the option to use more than one special move (unless you had mods...) and only in the 4th games the have included the feature to switch between characters.... WOW!!!
    So how did CC2 milk so much out of this lazy work ? simple, half ass a "patch" for the online competitive players.
    Forget about the anime community.
    yay !!!
    **** off.

1. Jul 9, 2018
    As a collection, the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is a bit of a mixed bag. The games get progressively better with every game, but each still has their ups and downs. That said, if you're a fan of Naruto, there's no glaring reason not to pick these up. They're a fine set of fighting games, even if some are clearly better than others.
  2. Jul 9, 2018
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is a mixed bag; on the one hand, it is ideal for Naruto fans on the move who want to reconnect with three-quarters of the story on offer. However, on ther other, time has indeed taken its toll on the original two games so much so that it is hard to recommend them, especially as Storm 3 can be picked up individually for £16.99. If a PS4 or Xbox One is available, then it is strongly recommended to purchase the Legacy edition instead, which features better presentation and the complete experience of the Naruto story.
    Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is fine for the most part. A sharp presentation and fun gameplay mechanics ensure that you keep playing for hours. That being said, the first game really shows its age way too much. The overworld structure and boring minigames really don't hold up anymore. Another problem is that the games don't do a good job of explaining you anything. If you are a Naruto fan, and can overlook these issues, you might find yourself happy enough.