6.9

1. Jun 25, 2020
    I have played this game extensively and through dozens of games learned that it realistically all boils down to pure luck. 50+% of your duels will end up with a rock-paper-scissors style prompt where you either gain or lose a big advantage based on luck, and if your luck isn't good one match then you have practically no shot of winning it. I think that if they rework this mechanic to whereI have played this game extensively and through dozens of games learned that it realistically all boils down to pure luck. 50+% of your duels will end up with a rock-paper-scissors style prompt where you either gain or lose a big advantage based on luck, and if your luck isn't good one match then you have practically no shot of winning it. I think that if they rework this mechanic to where it's not based purely on luck, then it would be much more enjoyable and skill based. For now, I'll be sticking to Splatoon, but best of luck to the developers on improving this game because the concept has real potential. Expand
  2. Jun 25, 2020
    The first impression that I had from this game was awful. I downloaded the game on launch and a little while later I was bombarded with constant error messages and codes with little to no meaning. It would have been nice to see what exactly went wrong but the only difference each message had was the error number. Apparently the server was down on day one. I am honestly pretty disappointed.The first impression that I had from this game was awful. I downloaded the game on launch and a little while later I was bombarded with constant error messages and codes with little to no meaning. It would have been nice to see what exactly went wrong but the only difference each message had was the error number. Apparently the server was down on day one. I am honestly pretty disappointed. When I finally got to play the game the day after I found myself relying on chance a lot. The game advertises itself as a game of skill but the entire time I felt like all I was doing was failing random defense checks. The defense system feels like I'm playing a game of rock, paper, scissors. I didn't see any subtitles for the menus on the menu screen so when I first started playing I couldn't exactly tell what each option did. Otherwise the graphics look nice, there's a lot of selection for player customization and weapon customization, and even though the controls are completely unconventional, I got the hang of it pretty quick.

TL-DR:
    It's not worth the space on your switch. It has a few redeeming qualities but not enough to classify as a passable game. Which is why I suggest waiting until they update the server, defense system, and the user interface.
  3. Jun 24, 2020
    This game is free to play which is understandable but at the same time the microtransactions are really bad and hinder the full enjoyment of the game but not too much and this is an early review and my opinion and review may change as time progresses with this. This is also only the review for the free to play portion and does not include the story mode.

The gameplay is pretty decent. I

The gameplay is pretty decent. I did ten matches and made top three 4 times first place twice and 7th place was my lowest ranking in the battle royale matches. Simple gameplay with two modes being team mode and battle royale. The battle royale which is an eight man slap fight is pretty fun and chaotic and unlike most br games you don't have a single life but instead you are fighting to get points by doing damage, stylish kills, defeating bots, etc. Team battle is your typical four vs four that goes by the same point concept.

You have a choice of three weapon types being sword, hammer, and yoyo weapons each weapon types having four weapons each for a total of twelve weapons you can use each with their own abilities and skills to add diversity to your setup. You also have ninja cards which add special perks like lifesteal, enemy detect, start with max S meter, etc.

The flow of combat, you have your light combo attack, then you have your heavy attack that launches enemies in which after you can press the light attack to pursue your target to flow up with more combos. You have a dodge and the one thing they add to this game is a parry which is a rock paper scissor type thing in which you press a direction and hope you can slap your enemy away but at the same time other enemies cannot attack you during this lock up but instead get blown away and lightly stunned. You also have skills you can use depending on the weapon you have a (Y) button ability and a bubble juitsu combination you can do by holding the (ZL) trigger followed by the attack button and it varies depending on the weapon you are using or an air boost by holding same trigger and pressing the jump button while mid air. You also have an S meter that you can expand by destroying apple like robots and when you expand it to a certain amount you can hold (ZL) then press (A) to increase the size of your weapon allowing for longer range to your attacks. And you can also press (A) to hide in the environment by disguising yourself as a nearby object which can lead to funny moments and tactical ambushes. But my only gripe with the combat is the lockon camera is pretty jank and if you are trying to lock onto a weaker target in a group fight you will lock onto the nearest person sometimes or even one of the apple bots.

But the thing that bogs this game down badly is the microtransactions for cosmetics. Yes this is a free game and they need some way to make money but putting all the clothing behind a fortnite esque cash shop and only requiring cash is slimy. And you can get cosmetic skins for all the weapons as well but you only get them through two methods. One being finishing matches and leveling up where you get a weapon skin and the other being the gatcha machine they have in the cash shop that requires either cash currency or 300 gold medals that you only get from winning matches. But the worst part of these weapon skins is the fact that they are consumable and once you use a skin for the match you cant use it again until you get lucky enough to get another one and there are a lot of skins for weapons so the chance of getting your favorite skin again is rare as heck and more than likely you will not use the skin at all. It does not matter if cosmetics does not affect the performance of a player in a game but when you have a game that promotes Splatoon like fashion, its really scummy when you have no way to look unique unless you pony up the real life money or buy the season pass and instead be dressed like everyone else but just have a different face, hairstyle, and hair color.

With limited stages, the games graphics look really nice, and have that Splatoon vibe but you are limited to two areas at the moment of writing this one being a rooftop arena where the battle royale quick play takes place and the city which is a maze of buildings and bridges and looks pretty cool.

The music is really nice where you can choose a track that plays every match by equipping it from the appearance menu and you get new tracks by leveling up or getting it from the season pass and cash shop.

The game is decent at best but the microtransactions can turn a lot of people away and hopefully we can get clothing and other things through leveling up more in the game and they give us other options of getting things in the future as they add more to the game.

If you read this large wall of text thank you for the time. I will still be playing this game from time to time and change the review and maybe the score as I play more and make new discoveries.
  4. Jun 25, 2020
    Es entretenido, me gustaría verlo en todas las consolas con crossplay, le tengo fe al juego
  5. Jun 28, 2020
    The art work is good, controls are awful, videos loading all the time, I can't recommend. 2gb of wasted space.
  6. Jun 25, 2020
    Honestly, the only thing i enjoy about ninjala is the way it looks. It’s bland and boring and the bubble gum mechanic is extremely cringeworthy. The characters are supposed to be “cool” but they fail in every regard. The gameplay literally comes down to button mashing and one of the fame mechanics is actually just rock papaver scissors. That’s an actual game mechanic. I had pretty highHonestly, the only thing i enjoy about ninjala is the way it looks. It’s bland and boring and the bubble gum mechanic is extremely cringeworthy. The characters are supposed to be “cool” but they fail in every regard. The gameplay literally comes down to button mashing and one of the fame mechanics is actually just rock papaver scissors. That’s an actual game mechanic. I had pretty high hopes that this would become the next splatoon, then again, that’s what i thought arms would be. At least the characters are actually pretty cool in that game. It also includes in game currency which you can buy with real money, which is a scummy way of getting players to spend tons of money on cosmetics that are definitely aren’t worth it. Basically, it’s disappointing and has micro transactions which shows that this game is just a cash grab. Expand
  7. Jun 25, 2020
    This game sucks it may look fun but it's not fun. imagine this scenario you spend real money to get the in-game currency and you buy a weapon skin well you can only use it 3 times before it's gone forever
    don't spend money on this game it is a waste of money
  8. Jun 25, 2020
    First off, this game is NOTHING like Splatoon (except for the logo, and the weapons having kits I guess?). As someone with 1600+ hours on Splatoon, I didn't really enjoy this game. First off, the combat feels clunky and button-mashy, but that's what I anticipated from the trailers. I've seen a lot of people say that it seems like people win based on luck more than skill because it's notFirst off, this game is NOTHING like Splatoon (except for the logo, and the weapons having kits I guess?). As someone with 1600+ hours on Splatoon, I didn't really enjoy this game. First off, the combat feels clunky and button-mashy, but that's what I anticipated from the trailers. I've seen a lot of people say that it seems like people win based on luck more than skill because it's not clear what's going on (like what attack your opponent is doing) and it feels unbalanced. I don't see this game having a great competitive scene in the future just because the combat feels so imprecise when compared to something like Splatoon, and it doesn't seem like there's a high skill ceiling. Second, what is even the point of weapon skins if they go away after a game? Also why can't I join a friend's Battle Royale lobby online? There are just little things that irk me about this game, and I'm not a huge fan of the characters or busy UI so I'll probably pass on this. Definitely the kind of game that was fun to try with a friend as something to do for a few hours, but I don't really see myself coming back to this. Expand
  9. Jul 2, 2020
    One of the best and innovative battle royal, very fun and simply to comprend.
  10. Jun 24, 2020
    Great concept. and i really wanted to like it. but its not fun to me. the combat is all over the place and it feels like you win out of luck more then skill. with the super moves just destroying. i was really hoping for it to be a good game. but i was just disappointed instead. maybe later i might give it another try. but it just doesn't feel like the mechanics work well. it just feels,Great concept. and i really wanted to like it. but its not fun to me. the combat is all over the place and it feels like you win out of luck more then skill. with the super moves just destroying. i was really hoping for it to be a good game. but i was just disappointed instead. maybe later i might give it another try. but it just doesn't feel like the mechanics work well. it just feels, unbalanced. Expand
  11. Jun 25, 2020
    It's honestly not good at all. the idea is good, but the rest of it is **** two maps, both look the same. two maps at launch. What the christ? combat is also awful. I wail on a guy for days and I get oneshotted. I beat his ass in a clash, I still die if I make a mistake yet im the one hitting him in said clash repeatedly. Game explains very little. It is FTP and that couldn't be moreIt's honestly not good at all. the idea is good, but the rest of it is **** two maps, both look the same. two maps at launch. What the christ? combat is also awful. I wail on a guy for days and I get oneshotted. I beat his ass in a clash, I still die if I make a mistake yet im the one hitting him in said clash repeatedly. Game explains very little. It is FTP and that couldn't be more obvious if it tried. Sticking to splatoon 2, where at least if I die it always feels fair. Expand
  12. Jun 24, 2020
    The game looks and plays great! Unfortunately they're having launch problems related to the servers capacity, but when it is fixed, everyone will enjoy an amazing splatoon like free game!
  13. Jun 24, 2020
    I do believe I would adore this game.... if I could play it... seriously they postponed this game for this exact reason! No one could play the Beta!!! I get this game’s Beta, stay up late, wake up early so I can play it. Can’t play it the servers are down. The game just comes out I’m ready to finally play a match, the servers are down? Gungho, Let me know when this game is actuallyI do believe I would adore this game.... if I could play it... seriously they postponed this game for this exact reason! No one could play the Beta!!! I get this game’s Beta, stay up late, wake up early so I can play it. Can’t play it the servers are down. The game just comes out I’m ready to finally play a match, the servers are down? Gungho, Let me know when this game is actually playable. Ok now I got to play it and to be honest. It’s not bad, it’s stupid easy and stupid simple. It takes the bad parts of Splatoon and the bad parts of Fortnite and puts them into this game. This is Splatoon Fortnite... and honestly... it’s meh. Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2020
    El juego tenía todo el potencial del mundo para brillar y es arruinado por su sistema de combate que es aburrido y se basa en suerte (adivina a dónde va a golpear tu oponente) y arruina TODO el juego
  15. Jun 25, 2020
    I started to play and mi console ran out of battery, so I started to play it on the TV but then my hands started to hurt. That was the time I've realized I have 5 hours straight of play and I still want to play but I have to work later. I LOVE THIS GAME.
  16. Jun 25, 2020
    Don’t do stupid review if you are a noob, this game is absolutely brillant.
  17. Jun 25, 2020
    Not intuitive, unclear core gameplay that breaks the entire impression of the game. It seems that the developers stole everything from where they could, but did not have enough brains to do it correctly. It's not brawler, not a fighting game, not an arena shooter. It is unclear what and why. The style is beautiful, but inspired by Splatoon. There is also a store in the game.
  18. Jul 4, 2020
    Potential is there and the music and lore are fantastic or even epic at times. The Rock Paper Scissors mechanics are a bit hit and miss but that’s kind of the charm of the game. It’s Mario Party inspired scoring system at the end of a match needs work though. I love the game and hope they keep evolving it further.
  19. Jun 26, 2020
    Unimpressive ftp game. Don't be surprised seeing this game is filled with microtransactions, just like any other "free" game. If not for the silly high expectations I made for myself, it's possible I could've brought myself to enjoy this bite sized online game. The artistic design definitely has a charm to it. I'd say it's very ARMS & Splatoon inspired, which is also why I might've hadUnimpressive ftp game. Don't be surprised seeing this game is filled with microtransactions, just like any other "free" game. If not for the silly high expectations I made for myself, it's possible I could've brought myself to enjoy this bite sized online game. The artistic design definitely has a charm to it. I'd say it's very ARMS & Splatoon inspired, which is also why I might've had those high hopes. For some reason the game was unveiled two whole years ago at 2018's E3, & weirdly overhyped even for back then. The game's online is mostly stable, occasionally giving an error code very similar to the abysmal demo GungHo ran briefly before the official release. Combat is simple & the gameplay seems quite unbalanced. So if you're easy to please & short on cash, Ninjala might be worth a little bit of your time. Wasn't that into it, personally. Expand
  20. Jun 25, 2020
    Es una apuesta interesante de un juego entretenido, con un estilo muy marcado y variadas opciones de personalización. El gran problema de este juego es la dependencia de la suerte en su mecánica de combate mano a mano. Es terrible depender de un piedra, papel y tijerapara saber quien vence en un enfrentamiento directo. Se pierde el enfoque de la habilidad en esa situación específica.
  21. Jun 24, 2020
    Once they fixed the initial server problems, the game plays really well and it has really good multiplayer modes. Not perfect, but definitely worth your attention if you're interested.
  22. Jun 25, 2020
    It really hurts to say this but I didn't enjoy my time with Ninjala at all.
    The game really has a lot going for it: it looks clean and runs well, it has good menu structure and decent settings to customize controls etc. The game also has a surprising amount of complexity in its combat system: you can parry, dodge, use special moves, use different weapons, camouflage etc.
    However, the big
    It really hurts to say this but I didn't enjoy my time with Ninjala at all.
    However, the big issue is that gameplay fell completely flat for me. I'm sure that Pro players will be able to make sense of this mess but as a more casual player it is absolute chaos where winning or loosing feels like pure luck. It was immediatly unfun and unexciting and didn't get any better for me.
    I was also surprised how strongly they leaned into the child-like aesthetic. To me it seems like this is clearly targeted towards really little kids. But at the same time the game is really complex which will propably be overwhelming for most kids. Something like Mario, Yoshi or Kirby seems more age appropriate from a difficulty standpoint.
    As it stands I can at most see this game attracting a very niche audience that actually masters the game mechanics whereas many kids will propably try it out, experience complete chaos and soon give up in favor of other games.
  23. Jun 25, 2020
    Ninjala is a very good free to play, it's súper recomendable, good Game for switch
  24. Jul 4, 2020
    The game-play is very unbalanced, sometimes you destroy everything in your path for the whole round, sometimes you can't get a single kill, and whenever you die, it never feels like your fault.
    The game feels like a coin toss, but turned into an entire game.
    There's only 2 maps (for now, anyway), so variety in almost null. But on the other hand, movement is very smooth and getting kills
    The game feels like a coin toss, but turned into an entire game.
    There's only 2 maps (for now, anyway), so variety in almost null.
    But on the other hand, movement is very smooth and getting kills is pretty satisfying, even if you're just mashing buttons.
    The game has great potential, and I think they just need to iron out these issues.
    I do think you should still play the game for yourself, if you haven't already, it's free, and you can form your own opinion of it.
  25. Jun 26, 2020
    The game has a learning curve which takes a while to get to know. I see alot of people getting frustrated because they are getting kill but that's because they haven't put in the time to learn the mechanics. It's an excellent free to play game and we'll balanced with luck involved in the duels.

Give it time and look up videos on how the combat works and it will all make sense.
  26. Jun 28, 2020
    At launch, this game just doesn't deliver. There seems to only ever be one map which you play on (I'm yet to get the city map), which makes the gameplay terribly repetitive due to a lack of environmental variety. The way this game handles weapon skins is also baffling. They're consumables for some reason so when you open up a loot box (yes, they have those), you might just get a reward youAt launch, this game just doesn't deliver. There seems to only ever be one map which you play on (I'm yet to get the city map), which makes the gameplay terribly repetitive due to a lack of environmental variety. The way this game handles weapon skins is also baffling. They're consumables for some reason so when you open up a loot box (yes, they have those), you might just get a reward you can only use 10 times (and yes, you can pay for loot boxes which makes this reward even more crap). The menus are also very confusing when you first start and the tutorial offer lots of information, but it doesn't take the time or effort to show you how to do all that stuff, so the new player introduction will most likely be terrible as it was for me. On a more positive note though, this game looks amazing and I really enjoy the different combos, weapon skills and variety. The rock paper scissors party system is also a lot of fun to play with. I just wish there were more environments which allowed people to battle on walls and hide more effectively. Hopefully they add more maps asap because 2 is absolutely unacceptable, even in a f2p game of this nature. Expand
  27. Jun 26, 2020
    I really do enjoy the game, its mix of splatoon visuals looks really appealing and gameplay seems really skillful in a way. But I do dislike the overabundant use of mircotransactions and a lack of story mode for free, due to having it in a paywall. I do look forward to some updates
  28. Jun 25, 2020
    I liked it but I didn't love it it is more luck than abilities, it is a waste of money if you buy the weapon skins because you can't keep them.
  29. Jul 1, 2020
    This game would be the "Splatoon" killer, but is really boring and the user mechanics are like others games like Paladins or Overwatch. Would be better.
  30. Jun 30, 2020
    The game looks great, sounds looks great, but...
    The game looks great, sounds looks great, but...
    BUT... the combat is inballanced and the monetization is greedy. The Battle Pass is MEH, they game 3x100 Jala for free (what's value is 3Eur) for the deploy and the 1million and 2million celebration, and there is a FRICKING GACHA MACHINE!!!! And for the first draw you have 95% chance that you get only a one match only weapon skin. Further rolls only gives these one match only weapon skins. WHO THE FRICK GIVES ONE EUR/USD FOR A WEAPON SKIN WHAT YOU CAN SEE ONLY FOR ~5 MINUTES?
  31. Jun 25, 2020
    El juego cumple con lo q promete es free to play así q nada que reprocharle
  32. Jun 29, 2020
    It has a lot of classic Fighting games DNA. The characters are charming and unique. It is best NSW game of the year.
  33. Jun 26, 2020
    It's so much fun for a game that is completely free, the combat is also fun and very innovative
  34. Jun 25, 2020
    Great Concept, Splatoon-esque styling with a unique combat system. Despite the early connection errors (they stopped happening completely for me within a couple hours of launch) the experience was just pure fun. At first, the combat seems random and chaotic, but once you get the hang of the mechanics it becomes quite deep. Accumulating the highest score is the name of the game. SmashingGreat Concept, Splatoon-esque styling with a unique combat system. Despite the early connection errors (they stopped happening completely for me within a couple hours of launch) the experience was just pure fun. At first, the combat seems random and chaotic, but once you get the hang of the mechanics it becomes quite deep. Accumulating the highest score is the name of the game. Smashing robots, collecting gum, and eliminating foes will increase your score. The more stylish your elimination, the higher your score reward will be. These styled eliminations are called "Ippons". You use "gum" as your main resource, dictating when you can dash or block to avoid oncoming attacks. Gum is collected overtime or by gathering orbs placed around the map. Destroying apple-shaped robots increases your maximum gum reservoir. Collecting enough gum will allow you to craft a larger weapon, giving access to enhanced abilities. These abilities differ between weapons, and can also be tweaked via equipable "Shinobi" cards. The customization is an obvious focal point, from costumes and hairstyles, to soundtracks and weaponry. This is a free to play game, so the usual paid currency and battle pass format is utilized here. There is however a mobile-like gatcha mechanic at play in the form of a Gumball machine, allowing the user to spend in-game or paid currency to access new customization options. The available content at launch is limited, for example, there are only two maps and two game modes (not including the paid dlc story mode). Battle Royale is a 8 player free-for-all, and Team Battle, a 4v4 mode, both available in ranked/unranked formats. This is fine for now, as the gameplay loop is enjoyable, but I expect this to be expanded upon with future updates. All in all, a very solid base. If you're a fan of the Splatoon franchise, or fun focused PvP, there is something here for you. If the updates hit regularly, this could be a Switch staple. Expand
  35. Jun 24, 2020
    Really i liked, isnt a Game perfect but it's great yo enjoy a Lot of time with ver friends
  36. Jun 25, 2020
    Its Wonderful 101 all over again with a bad tutorial so people cant understand the game. I enjoy the game a lot but game doesnt tell you a lot so you are getting bored of not understanding how the rock-paper-scissors system works. and there are not that many content like not so many maps or game modes but its free after all. I like the game but it needs some more things to get peopleIts Wonderful 101 all over again with a bad tutorial so people cant understand the game. I enjoy the game a lot but game doesnt tell you a lot so you are getting bored of not understanding how the rock-paper-scissors system works. and there are not that many content like not so many maps or game modes but its free after all. I like the game but it needs some more things to get people hooked and it needs to tell the game in a much better way. Expand
  37. Jun 28, 2020
    Ninjala is a fun little free-to-play brawler with cute and appealing visuals. With many different weapons to choose from, the game offers a good amount of customization most of which is not locked behind a paywall. As fun as the game is in short bursts, it offers almost no content and the content that is available is very slow and luck-based. On the bright side, there is almost noNinjala is a fun little free-to-play brawler with cute and appealing visuals. With many different weapons to choose from, the game offers a good amount of customization most of which is not locked behind a paywall. As fun as the game is in short bursts, it offers almost no content and the content that is available is very slow and luck-based. On the bright side, there is almost no incentive whatsoever to spend money on the game as it mainly just cosmetic purchases along with a story mode. There's no reason not to try this out, but isn't something you're going to end up sinking a lot of time into. Expand
  38. Jun 30, 2020
    I wish I could give this game a better rating. The graphics are beautiful, the concept is very original (ninjas, chewing gum, interesting weapons and funny character customizations). The microtransactions are to be expected in a free-to-play these days I suppose and since they're all cosmetic, it doesn't really affect the gameplay.

The actual problem that led me to rate this a 6 is the

The actual problem that led me to rate this a 6 is the gameplay: I've been playing from day 1, and what I've immediately noticed is that the battle mechanics is more about luck than it is about skill. The parry system is based on a rock-paper-scissor stand-off that can be easily frustrating, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you never feel like victory was earned or that defeat was fair.

I reached as far as level 20 without really enjoying the game, so Imma go back to my Splatoon.
  39. Jun 25, 2020
    Combates rápidos y freneticos, varias armas a elegir y un buen sistema de experiencia
  40. Jun 29, 2020
    Amazing f2p game, there are some micro transactions but they're all cosmetic. The gameplay is quite fun and well explained in a skippable tutorial. Overall it seems like a lot at first but you'll get used to it after a while. I usually don't like battle royale gamemodes but this execution is phenomenal. I wanted to give a lower score at first but they've fixed the seever issues so now it'sAmazing f2p game, there are some micro transactions but they're all cosmetic. The gameplay is quite fun and well explained in a skippable tutorial. Overall it seems like a lot at first but you'll get used to it after a while. I usually don't like battle royale gamemodes but this execution is phenomenal. I wanted to give a lower score at first but they've fixed the seever issues so now it's a 9/10 for me Expand
  41. Jun 26, 2020
    It's a fun game, but have it's issues. For example, the lack of modes and a slow pacing tier system progress.
  42. Jun 24, 2020
    server bad hxhdhdhdusjsjshxhxhxhdhdusiixjxkskxkdjdjdjdjdhfhdhdjdkskskejdjjd
  43. Jun 25, 2020
    Is a good game is very original the server is fixed now and we can oaly olf time
    Ksnsnns
  44. Jun 25, 2020
    Tiene futuro, la verdad para que en su día de lanzamiento haya juntado el millón de jugadores esta genial. Sus gráficas están bien.
  45. Jun 24, 2020
    As much as I wish I could try and give this a completely positive review, they weren't prepared for the massive demand that they should have seen coming. The game play itself is... not bad, but the mere fact that thousands are lock out of the game due to server insufficiencies is something Gungho should have prepared for this. Launch day is the day that most people are going to play a freeAs much as I wish I could try and give this a completely positive review, they weren't prepared for the massive demand that they should have seen coming. The game play itself is... not bad, but the mere fact that thousands are lock out of the game due to server insufficiencies is something Gungho should have prepared for this. Launch day is the day that most people are going to play a free game. Given how much publicity this game got, they should have been prepared for the extreme server demands. Expand
  46. Jun 24, 2020
    A Well Built PVP Game That Is Free. This game brings unique combat and has satisfying wins. This game is hard to get into but once you get hooked, it be hitting different. I can see this game be up with smash or Pokémon competitively but not as big as animal crossing even though it’s free. (Side-Note) this game is really fun with friends so if you want to get the full experience of everyA Well Built PVP Game That Is Free. This game brings unique combat and has satisfying wins. This game is hard to get into but once you get hooked, it be hitting different. I can see this game be up with smash or Pokémon competitively but not as big as animal crossing even though it’s free. (Side-Note) this game is really fun with friends so if you want to get the full experience of every mode you should squad up on the team game mode. Expand
  47. Jun 25, 2020
    the control scheme is odd, using the triggers for your main attacks in a fighter feel weird. the story is behind a paywall, and the multiplayer just doesn’t feel great to play. played 2 matches and had absolutely no fun in them, i’d love to elaborate why, but i just can’t. it’s not for me, but it might be for some others
  48. Jun 26, 2020
    I love this games art style and the amount of effort and detail put into the 3d models and animations is amazing. The gameplay, however, is good in some areas but bad in others. Where the game doesnt succeed, in for me, is the combat parry system. Rock, paper, scissors really shouldn't be a viable way to decide the outcome of a brawl, it really boils down to luck than anything else. ItI love this games art style and the amount of effort and detail put into the 3d models and animations is amazing. The gameplay, however, is good in some areas but bad in others. Where the game doesnt succeed, in for me, is the combat parry system. Rock, paper, scissors really shouldn't be a viable way to decide the outcome of a brawl, it really boils down to luck than anything else. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if you weren't stuck in parries most of the time or that if you fail a parry you can't do anything other than wait to be killed as you are locked into the enemies attack with no way to get out. I feel that the game could be a lot more fun if this mechanic was reworked to be more skill-based than luck-based. Aspects of combat that I did enjoy was using your gum shoot to engage with an enemy and properly timing your ultimate moves to land multiple ippons.

Another thing I'm pretty disappointed in is the fact that weapon skins are consumables... I'm not too sure why that was decided by the dev team as you pay real-life money for Jala (special currency) to spend on the gumball machine (loot boxes) which can give you rare weapon skins. These skins are really well designed and detailed. I managed to get a few rare skins using the free 100 Jala given at launch but I'm hesitant to use them as they will used up and gone forever if I use them in battle. I don't see the point in spending money on items I can't keep (except clothing items which you keep forever). This sucks big time and I sincerely hope the dev team changes this.

The game launched with two multiplayer maps... this doesn't feel like enough to chew on. I think it would have been wise to launch with at least 5 maps so players don't get bored quickly with the current rotation. I presume more maps are to come in future.

I've yet to buy and play the single-player campaign so I can't say much on that part but as of the free online multiplayer, these were my thoughts. I hope the dev team in the future consider these points and make changes accordingly. Once these things are fixed I genuinely think this game will be a lot more fun to play!
  49. Jun 26, 2020
    In the beginning I thought that the game sucked!! But the thing about this game is not strategy is about just going with the vibe! Don't really need to think! Just have fun!! Listen to this advice!!!
  50. Jun 26, 2020
    Good, fun, colorful game... with confusing controls and glitchy combat at least half the time. This "Parry" mechanic sometimes doesn't work correctly even if the game says you won the duel. There's also plenty of times you get stunlocked while no one else does :. When all's said and done, hopefully this mess gets the gum out of its hair and fix these bugs/glitches (and maybe add some wayGood, fun, colorful game... with confusing controls and glitchy combat at least half the time. This "Parry" mechanic sometimes doesn't work correctly even if the game says you won the duel. There's also plenty of times you get stunlocked while no one else does :. When all's said and done, hopefully this mess gets the gum out of its hair and fix these bugs/glitches (and maybe add some way to make weapon skins permanent after collecting a certain amount of a color *hint hint*). Expand
  51. Jun 26, 2020
    I don’t know what it is but this game ticks all the boxes for me, awesome character customization, amazing combat mechanics, fun and quick matches that don’t feel too fast, and damn chibi ninjas wearing streetwear what more do you want!?!?! But for a real review the game is quite fun, the combat is described by many reviewers as “chaotic” which is far from it, you need to manageI don’t know what it is but this game ticks all the boxes for me, awesome character customization, amazing combat mechanics, fun and quick matches that don’t feel too fast, and damn chibi ninjas wearing streetwear what more do you want!?!?! But for a real review the game is quite fun, the combat is described by many reviewers as “chaotic” which is far from it, you need to manage “S-energy”, magic or mana in other games, pick a weapon that fits your style of play, use your jutsus creatively and strategically, create good combos of shinobi cards(like perks from the cod series), and finally the parry mechanic which is more of a Rock Paper Scissors style dual where, yes there’s a lot of chance, but there is strategy to RPS, ie most people use rock so what do you use(?). The game is great for quick matches to jump in and out of especially as someone who has a very flexible work environment I can see myself picking up my switch for a few rounds during break. Oh and on a final good note it’s not pay to win at all I had the same chances of winning when I had not put any money into it compared to after getting the pass. The only issue I have with the game is lack of content but I can see that being easily fixed if the developers see interest in the game, already they’ve given all players a amount of 500 in game currency for free, since it’s got its millionth download. If you liked splatoon and the type of art style, quick but strategical melee combat, and ninjas and ninja culture, ie jutsu weapons clothing etc, then you will like this game Expand
  52. Jun 26, 2020
    J'aime ce jeu, je m'y amuse bien avec mes amis et je dois avouer qu'il est assez addictif. De plus j'adore le principe ! Je le conseille.
  53. Jun 26, 2020
    The game had a nice concept with unique ideas but in the end they didnt work out.
    The gameplay is mostly luck based since the parry is like playing rock paper scissors and there is no guard button and sometimes they can hit you without knowing and cant do a parry.
    And dont even bother using your money on the game the jala con be used in a gumball machine which is purely lick based and the color variants can only be used certain times and some weapons are broken like the hammer breaks your weapon.
    And the servers sucks there are tons of errors that they do not explain what they are.
  54. Jun 27, 2020
    This game really suits the Nintendo Switch system. The graphics and game performance is great and I love that they maintain the performance at 60 fps. At first everything is confusing, random things happen but once you'll get used to it, it's actually fun and engaging. I suggest to just prevent your character from dying and run once your HP runs out. The game has team battle and battleThis game really suits the Nintendo Switch system. The graphics and game performance is great and I love that they maintain the performance at 60 fps. At first everything is confusing, random things happen but once you'll get used to it, it's actually fun and engaging. I suggest to just prevent your character from dying and run once your HP runs out. The game has team battle and battle royale which makes for variety and the game is best played with voice chat together with friends. The aesthetics and skins are also great but of course you need to pay for those but that is for cosmetics purposes only. Overall the game is great for me and I glad we had this kind of game for free (not the story but story price is cheap) Expand
  55. Jun 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Начну с механики боёв, это просто камень, ножницы, бумага, сначала я думал что у меня ничего не получается, но потом понял что это чистый рандом. Баланса среди оружия нет одно намного сильнее остальных, на карте с городом играть невозможно как только я присоединяюсь к комнате с этой картой пишет ошибку . До патчей играть не стоит а тем более покупать что-то внутри игры. Expand
  56. Jun 28, 2020
    La verdad, es entretenido pero que el sistema de combate se base en suerte me parece absurdo.
  57. Jun 28, 2020
    Played 2 games of it, cannot for the life of me figure out how to play.. yes I did the tutorial but it's like every game I go into people are already veterans. Either that or I'm just getting old. Either way I had no fun whatsoever with gameplay, characters and coated were dope tho.
  58. Jun 28, 2020
    Es un poco complicado jugarlo al inicio, pero lo entiendes bastante, en especial después de llegar al nivel 5 que te habilitan la opción de jugar en equipo
  59. Jun 28, 2020
    Gran juego! Entretenido y de gran calidad a pesar de ser free to play. Tiene un aire a splatoon. Un poco de errores pero en mi opinión es por que va comenzando. A medida que salgan actualizaciones estoy seguro que será muchísimo mejor de lo que ya es
  60. Jun 28, 2020
    Ninjala is a great game if you want to have something u can put hours in to eventually rise to the top of the ranks of ninja. Although when getting into the game it can be confusing on what to do, once you understand whats going on and slow down everything it is a very fun game. One main complaint i see is the dubbed "parry system" which is a rock-paper-scissors type system seen in someNinjala is a great game if you want to have something u can put hours in to eventually rise to the top of the ranks of ninja. Although when getting into the game it can be confusing on what to do, once you understand whats going on and slow down everything it is a very fun game. One main complaint i see is the dubbed "parry system" which is a rock-paper-scissors type system seen in some fighting games. many think this system is not good and kills the game, however other strategies are put into the game to combat the system. In some cases, you can get out of a parry by dashing out if one doesn't think luck is on their side and try to get a potential weapon break to get a free ippon. in other cases, some can play for the passive route by destroying bots to then get a BIG weapon to increase the odds of the parry system from 33% to 66% of winning. Many people may not know about these techniques, but once they are used by the player i believe they will start to understand the game more and implement more strategies into their gameplay. the overall aesthetic and feel of the game is quite nice, but i think there is more room of improvement in the feeling of the game and potential lag. Some of the functions such as the story mode are locked behind a $5 pay wall, however the main game offers much content for PvP and even a ranked system. This game has a great chance to grow if the right routes are taken. Expand
  61. Jun 28, 2020
    Let's preface that the game is not like Splatoon, Fortnite or any other battle royale/team online game. It's both of those things, made better. Ninjala is a game that handles the control schemes similar to a beat 'em up, with each and every weapon having unique skill kit sets and unique attack animations for each one. The gameplay is very fast paced and well executed, with a few lagLet's preface that the game is not like Splatoon, Fortnite or any other battle royale/team online game. It's both of those things, made better. Ninjala is a game that handles the control schemes similar to a beat 'em up, with each and every weapon having unique skill kit sets and unique attack animations for each one. The gameplay is very fast paced and well executed, with a few lag hiccups here or there. I really love how they used a rock paper scissors mechanic for battling against an opponent who is blocking, as something like that has not been done before in any other game I played. Sure it's a bit unbalanced currently, but the game recently came out so there would possibly be implemented patches introduced later as the season goes on.

I mostly see the complaints of this game being that "the premium currency is worth too much" and "the singleplayer should be free". First off, the currency is worth the same amount as it is in Fortnite, and secondly, the singleplayer is optional and way cheaper than the singleplayer campaign in Fortnite.

Most players also complain that the gacha system for the game is unfair and expensive. 100 Jala is easily obtainable through leveling tiers and spending 100 Jala on 10 pulls of the gacha is remarkably cheap compared to most free games that have a gacha system. I personally find the motif quite enjoyable as you can obtain new gum from this system, and it's like pulling a gumball out of a gumball machine.

Lastly, the game was only released four to five days ago upon writing this review and I am super excited to see new developments from this game. It's fun, engaging and especially fun to play with friends who can't afford games like Splatoon 2, Smash Bros or Mario Kart. I recommend downloading this game if you just want something new in the Battle Royale genre that isn't a third/first person shooter.
  62. Jul 1, 2020
    Clunky gameplay and controls, weird random rock-paper-scissors mini game that causes the fast paced frantic combat to come to a halt, art style was literally just stolen from Splatoon by a completely different developer, level design is boring, there's depth of tactics like there is in Splatoon, in summary it's just a **** Splatoon knockoff but at least it's free lol. Even then it's notClunky gameplay and controls, weird random rock-paper-scissors mini game that causes the fast paced frantic combat to come to a halt, art style was literally just stolen from Splatoon by a completely different developer, level design is boring, there's depth of tactics like there is in Splatoon, in summary it's just a **** Splatoon knockoff but at least it's free lol. Even then it's not worth your time. Expand
  63. Jul 4, 2020
    The graphics are great, but the mechanics, combat, grinding, pay to custom, etc.. are just really horrible and disappointing
  64. Jul 5, 2020
    Maybe I've been too harsh on this game, though they really should advertise their mechanics more, unless this is their way of separating casuals from higher tier gamers who look up this stuff.
  65. Jul 5, 2020
    The game is so **** bad..... only good part about it is that you don’t need online
  66. Jul 5, 2020
    The only reason that I gave 2 on the score, it's because it's a free game. This game only worth for giving you desire to play Splatoon 2.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 7, 2020
    Ninjala is a surprisingly entertaining free-to-play game that doesn’t require players to pull out their wallets to have a little fun. The microtransactions are all cosmetic, free content is on its way to add even more depth, and the visual style just oozes with charm.
  2. Jul 6, 2020
    Overall, Ninjala is an enjoyable game but doesn’t have a lot of meat on its bones. It’s fun to play from time to time, but not something that gives you much variety or content. At least not yet, this game is still young, and I look forward to seeing Ninjala grow.
  3. Jul 6, 2020
    Ninjala may very well be Nintendo’s next hot online multiplayer game. It’s free-to-play and totally worth a look, and the action is so fast-paced and addictive that you’ll likely find yourself with a new ongoing game to eat up all your free time.