7.8

1. Feb 5, 2020
    Great game to chill out with after long day at work. Satire worth my time. Looking forward to play other pixelart titles from this publisher
  2. Feb 5, 2020
    an interesting game for everyone, from 'non-gamers' to devoted players, full of satire.i can spend the whole night playing
  3. Feb 6, 2020
    Love the music for this. Papers Please but modern slant. You can get into a flow of checking and listening but dont mess up lol.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 12, 2020
    A month ago you couldn't tell me that a "Bouncer RPG" would be worth playing or fun. Not Tonight: Take Back Control Edition changes that mindset. The game has some off-beat humour in its dialogue but seems to pair well with the fun, and relatively challenging, "ID check" game. If you're looking for an off-beat RPG, and you don't mind the nostalgic pixelated graphics, then look no further then Not Tonight: Take Back Control Edition!
    Not Tonight is the video game equivalent of a protest song – a piece the artist releases to the world with the intent to elevate a social movement or perceived injustice. I suspect the story will act as a Rorschach test of your political alignment depending on whether you love or hate it. Some could critique it as being too on the nose, but the lack of subtlety feels genuine in this moment.
  3. Feb 10, 2020
    Overall, Not Tonight is incredibly fun – repetitive, but fun. The different conditions in each level keeps the monotony of the task interesting, and the strange situations that challenge your moral reasoning makes each hour spent more entertaining than the next. With its satirical tone and quirky storyline, the game mocks political movements and stereotypical characters while presenting to us a simulation game for adults to enjoy. After spending hours playing this game, I feel like I could probably work as a pretty efficient bouncer in real life now.