6.6

1. Dec 6, 2017
    Although the story is charming and the soundtrack brings out a rich atmosphere, the gameplay in Opus: The Day We Found Earth is lacking. The challenge that was basically inexistant in the beginning picked up at some point as the tension rose, but it basically remain from beginning to end a star selection followed by a yes-or-no answer. Finished the game (story) in a little less than 2Although the story is charming and the soundtrack brings out a rich atmosphere, the gameplay in Opus: The Day We Found Earth is lacking. The challenge that was basically inexistant in the beginning picked up at some point as the tension rose, but it basically remain from beginning to end a star selection followed by a yes-or-no answer. Finished the game (story) in a little less than 2 hours without rushing with a reported completion rate of about 65%, which means that technically I could replay and aim higher but I don't see the point.

I wish the planet research was a little more elaborate, but then again for a $6 game I can't be too harsh, which is why I'm giving it a 7/10 mostly for its charm and soundtrack.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 22, 2018
    This one does it all and every game should take advantage of the Touch Screen on the Switch for portable play as an option. Overall this is a great port and one that any fan of good stories in games should play.
  2. Jan 8, 2018
    Opus: The Day We Found Earth is a lovely little game. At more or less the length of a movie, it’s not going to keep you entertained for the weekend, but it’s perfect for a quiet night in. Digital stargazing is a surprisingly compelling pursuit, and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with OPUS - it’s charming, affecting and proof positive that the Switch can be a wonderful storyteller.
  3. Jan 2, 2018
    Opus is a small-scale experience, and I find that to be totally appropriate. While the story didn’t end on the strongest of notes, I enjoyed the ride and thought it was not only a positive experience, but a great fit for the Switch. However, I was only tolerating the telescope portions in order to find out where the plot was going, so basically half of this game was a wash. Since the entire thing can be completed in two hours or so, it’s not too hard to put up with actually searching for Earth, but fans of small games and indies should expect to show up to Opus for the narrative and nothing else.