8.9

1. Sep 23, 2020
    The best game in 2020 full of enjoyment and creativity, a must play without doubt
  2. Sep 20, 2020
    Ori is an absolutely gem and have it in the go is simply fantastic, love this game
  3. Sep 23, 2020
    Grafik , Atmosphäre,Musik, Steuerung alles perfekt ich liebe es einer meiner Lieblingsspiele geworden
  4. Sep 28, 2020
    Great game with fantastic gameplay experience! Well, the graphics's great too (sometimes Ori 2 shows poor resolution issues) and had nice storytelling. This game has bugs like randomly stopping working and little performance issues....
  5. Sep 26, 2020
    Best platform game this year this game is a animated movie which is playble and it's awesome the silent story is deep too
  6. Sep 23, 2020
    I love the game....my number one game this year.... this game is so beautiful and the music is awesome......the attack system is in ori and the will of the wisp better than the first one....after playing it on xbox i buyed it directly for switch
  7. Sep 29, 2020
    Great gameplay, sound, and environments. Unfortunately, the Switch version currently has quite a few issues. Random slow down (especially if you move quicker than the game can load the map), crashes (I experienced probably 8-9 crashes during my playthrough), falling through the map, one time I even got stuck in the ground and had to restart the game. The game runs beautifully the other 95%Great gameplay, sound, and environments. Unfortunately, the Switch version currently has quite a few issues. Random slow down (especially if you move quicker than the game can load the map), crashes (I experienced probably 8-9 crashes during my playthrough), falling through the map, one time I even got stuck in the ground and had to restart the game. The game runs beautifully the other 95% of the time and it's definitely worth picking up. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2020
    It is even better then the first game and runs smoothly on the nintendo switch.
  9. Oct 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Total: 65/100 7/10 - This is a great game worth playing and would have a higher score if not for its shortness and technical problems. This game is a tear jerker and a joy to play and listen to. If they can work out the whole crashing issue that would be great, otherwise if you have an Xbox, stick to playing it on that.

Full Score Breakdown

Story: 7/10 - Ori must save another forest. Despite the repeat story and recycled story elements concerning the primary antagonist, the overall story and characters are very good. Ending is a bit lousy and sad though.

Graphics: 8/10 - A great looking game, but a bit too dark. You will be adjusting the settings.

Sound: 10/10 - One of the most beautiful and emotional soundtracks a game has ever had. The music does all the heavy lifting storywise.

Gameplay: 8/10 - Gameplay is absolutely fluid and satisfying, but can be a little too loose at times, resulting in accidents.

Fun Factor: 8/10 - There are some rough spots here and there, but you’ll find it almost impossible to not have fun with this game.

Stability: 4/10 - Sadly the Switch port has tons of problems. Moving too fast can cause the game to freak out, causing stuttering, freezing, and crashing. This along with the fact that the game will just crash every couple of hours results in a low score.

Game Vs Service: 10/10 - Completely offline and no post purchase monetization.

Start To Finish: 2/10 - Only takes about 9-10 hours to beat.

Longevity: 3/10 - It shouldn’t take more than 20 hours to 100% the game.

Worth: 5/10 - ($30 base price) With how short and buggy the Switch port is I wouldn’t recommend spending more than $15 on this.
  10. Oct 4, 2020
    No where near as good as the original. Assumes you've already played the original and familiar with controls, despite the original coming out 5 years ago. No directions and tutorial, confusing as hell for a casual gamer.
  11. Sep 25, 2020
    The game is broken. The grab-function ceased to work after a couple of hours.
  12. Oct 8, 2020
    Детская бродилка, графика прикольная но не более, чисто для детей купить можно, а для себя лучше что то другое поискать.
    Управление ну какое-то ватное было, играл на средних и было 60фпс, звуки прикольные, когда играл на пк то у меня высвечивались кнопки от хуановского контроллера(в подсказках)
    Ну не очень приятно когда к геймерам такое отношение
    Ну не очень приятно когда к геймерам такое отношение
  13. Oct 18, 2020
    A good, fun metroidvania which in many ways is an improvement over the original. It's longer, the combat is much better, there are boss fights now, more uniquely designed characters with their own animations, the environments are even more impressive and diverse. It seems to me they may have taken some inspiration from Hollow Knight when making this game, some of the progression systemsA good, fun metroidvania which in many ways is an improvement over the original. It's longer, the combat is much better, there are boss fights now, more uniquely designed characters with their own animations, the environments are even more impressive and diverse. It seems to me they may have taken some inspiration from Hollow Knight when making this game, some of the progression systems and sidequests feel a bit similar to that like the charms. They are welcome changes as the first one was fun to explore but everything you collected was more straight forward.

While the game itself is good, there are some things that held it back a bit for me. I'll start with the more minor thing. I didn't care for the story for this one quite as much as the first. Both of these games can be kind of depressing. I think what bothers me about it is these are heart string tugging games for sure but they don't necessarily do so through strong story telling, but by presenting you with ridiculously adorable animal characters and then threatening to kill them right before your eyes. XD The reason I could tolerate that better in the first was how empowering the final act was.

With Will of the Wisps, by the end I felt like there was a little bit of wasted potential. I don't want to spoil too much of what happens but not much of a relationship was built between Ori and Ku. Again, it feels heavily reliant on the cuteness factor to make you feel for the characters, which does work but it's not quite enough. For example Ku is the best and most expressive character in the series. It just kinda sucks that she barely has any screen time with Ori and not much was done with her in general, save for short scenes at the very beginning and the very middle. There was potential for a better story if she weren't totally gone from it for 95% of the game.

Now the thing that actually made me have to drop the score is performance. I can forgive the inconsistent resolution because most of the time it's still very beautiful to look at and moments where things look pixelated and muddy are pretty infrequent. But my god, does this game crash. In the 17 hours I spent on this game, it crashed on me roughly 20-25 times. That's not at all an exaggeration, it was pretty frustrating.

Additionally there is another bug that happened about 6 or 7 times where I accidentally ran off screen into an area that was still loading and got stuck underneath the floor with no way back out. Even reloading from a checkpoint would respawn me under the ground again. Thankfully they implemented a 'backup' save system which keeps a log of 10 saves for you to revert to if you run into some game breaking issue. If not for that bandaid the game would be pretty much broken, but the backup system did successfully keep me from losing any progress so at least they thought of something.
  14. Sep 28, 2020
    One of the best games I ever played. Competes with Zelda and Mario even though it's made by an indie company.
  15. Oct 12, 2020
    Improves upon the already phenomenal Ori and the Blind Forest in meaningful ways. There are new combat and movement options, and the scope of the world is greatly expanded. The Switch port itself is very well done, with only a few minor issues. God-like music.
  16. Oct 19, 2020
    It's like a rethinking of the first part with the addition of new ideas and mechanics that have been successfully implemented in other games from other companies.

It may seem that the game has lost some of its originality from this, but no, it's still the same insanely beautiful and atmospheric game about Ori. However, not everything went smoothly - the location does not always load

However, not everything went smoothly - the location does not always load seamlessly, there are friezes and crashes because of this, soapy graphics. But even with all this, the game is very cool and you cannot pass by it, especially if you like platforming and there is no pc / x-box
  17. Oct 4, 2020
    Every criticism I could have directed at the first game has been addressed in this sequel.

The combat is much improved and the game autosaves without penalising you. Unfortunately, Will of the Wisps is way too buggy and should not have been released in this state. So far from 10 hours play, the game has frozen, left me stuck in the scenery unable to move, crashed and closed down about

The combat is much improved and the game autosaves without penalising you.

So far from 10 hours play, the game has frozen, left me stuck in the scenery unable to move, crashed and closed down about 15 times.

What makes this more annoying is the length of time it takes to reload the game. It puts you off having a quick ten minute play as it could take that long to get the game started after being thrown out a couple of times.

If the bugs were addressed I would say it is easily a nine out of ten game.
  18. Oct 1, 2020
    Jugabilidad de 10, visualmente de 10, música de 10, narrativa de 10. Es prácticamente perfecto como juego de plataformas 2d/metroidvania. En cuestión de rendimiento, la versión de salida para Switch es muy buena, ya que va muy fluido y jugando en una TV de 32 pulgadas apenas he notado dientes de sierra salvo una vez en una transición cinemática. El único fallo es que en alguna rara ocasiónJugabilidad de 10, visualmente de 10, música de 10, narrativa de 10. Es prácticamente perfecto como juego de plataformas 2d/metroidvania. En cuestión de rendimiento, la versión de salida para Switch es muy buena, ya que va muy fluido y jugando en una TV de 32 pulgadas apenas he notado dientes de sierra salvo una vez en una transición cinemática. El único fallo es que en alguna rara ocasión tarda un poco en cargar las zonas a las que te desplaces. Pero bueno, si tienes una Switch, no lo dudes, compra el juego. Expand
  19. Sep 30, 2020
    10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game!
  20. Oct 4, 2020
    the great game i play and the best game of year 2020,good soundtrack and the great gameplay
  21. Oct 3, 2020
    This game just blew me away, so beautiful environments, so much detail, such good storyline. Perfect difficult. I love it all and recommend it to everybody
  22. Sep 25, 2020
    muy buen port , jugabilidad, graficos y sonidos, en resumen el juego es de 10 y de los mejores en su genero si no es que es el mejor
  23. Sep 25, 2020
    El juego sigue siendo igual de hermoso y se siente tan bien como el primero, sin embargo tiene fallas técnicas qué te cierran el juego en ciertos momentos, en lo visual a veces se ve como un juego pixel art si se ven los fondos, son las únicas fallas que podría mencionar de este juego, por lo demás es una joya imprescindible
  24. Sep 28, 2020
    this is an absolutely gorgeous game on switch. such smooth and addicting platforming gameplay
  25. Oct 2, 2020
    How other say it, this should be the best game in 2020
    I have played X Box version and both look fantastic, it's the same experiencie but now portable.
    have fun
  26. Oct 2, 2020
    un juego que cunmple bastante bien, si lo jugaste en sobremesa que esperas para provarlo de forma portartil, si eres nuevo es altamente recomendable tiene una gran jugabilidad y unos graficos bastante agradables
  27. Oct 4, 2020
    Definitivamente no hay skip song en este album es tan diverso en generos musicales.
  28. Oct 6, 2020
    Awesome port of a great game. Doesn't get better than this really. Recommended!
  29. Oct 8, 2020
    The first game was amazing already. I didn't play it for a short while after it came out because I heard there were a couple of bugs and because I couldn't believe they'd be able to make something as good as the original. I was afraid that they'd just recreate the first game with the exact same storybeats to force another tearjerker.
    I'm happy to say that my fears were unnecessary. This
    I'm happy to say that my fears were unnecessary. This game is better than it's predecessor in every possible way. If I could give this more than a 10/10 I would, because I gave the original a 10.
    A must-play and my favourite game of all times, no questions asked.

Universal acclaim - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 14, 2020
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps manages to be more than just a plain old sequel. It changes just enough and introduces great new mechanics and characters to truly feel like a completely separate game while being unmistakably Ori at the core. More importantly, it runs perfectly well on the Switch with only minor visual adjustments. Will of the Wisps stands as tall as its predecessor as a beautiful action-platformer that everyone should try.
  2. Oct 9, 2020
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a gorgeous game with fast-paced action, an enormous, beautiful world to explore and a solemn story crafted very well.
  3. Oct 7, 2020
    As a whole, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a beautiful, tragic, and complex story told on a stunning landscape and full of unique and loveable characters that will make you feel...so so many emotions. Its gameplay is incredibly satisfactory with challenging, creative puzzles, hidden rooms, and difficult-enough enemies. I would, and already have, recommend this game to anyone and everyone.