8.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 23, 2020
    Grafik , Atmosphäre,Musik, Steuerung alles perfekt ich liebe es einer meiner Lieblingsspiele geworden
  2. Sep 20, 2020
    Ori is an absolutely gem and have it in the go is simply fantastic, love this game
  3. Sep 23, 2020
    I love the game....my number one game this year.... this game is so beautiful and the music is awesome......the attack system is in ori and the will of the wisp better than the first one....after playing it on xbox i buyed it directly for switch
  4. Sep 29, 2020
    Great gameplay, sound, and environments. Unfortunately, the Switch version currently has quite a few issues. Random slow down (especially if you move quicker than the game can load the map), crashes (I experienced probably 8-9 crashes during my playthrough), falling through the map, one time I even got stuck in the ground and had to restart the game. The game runs beautifully the other 95%Great gameplay, sound, and environments. Unfortunately, the Switch version currently has quite a few issues. Random slow down (especially if you move quicker than the game can load the map), crashes (I experienced probably 8-9 crashes during my playthrough), falling through the map, one time I even got stuck in the ground and had to restart the game. The game runs beautifully the other 95% of the time and it's definitely worth picking up. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2020
    One of the best games I ever played. Competes with Zelda and Mario even though it's made by an indie company.
  6. Sep 28, 2020
    Great game with fantastic gameplay experience! Well, the graphics's great too (sometimes Ori 2 shows poor resolution issues) and had nice storytelling. This game has bugs like randomly stopping working and little performance issues....
  7. Jan 1, 2021
    Great game! I love It! Beautiful graphics and music. Ori is a masterpiece. Enjoy it
  8. Jan 11, 2021
    Stunning to look at, fun and challenging to play, impactful storytelling, charming and a beautiful score to accompany the game. Loved it!
  9. Sep 23, 2020
    The best game in 2020 full of enjoyment and creativity, a must play without doubt
  10. Sep 19, 2020
    It is even better then the first game and runs smoothly on the nintendo switch.
  11. Oct 2, 2020
    How other say it, this should be the best game in 2020
    I have played X Box version and both look fantastic, it's the same experiencie but now portable.
    have fun
  12. Jan 5, 2021
    Id like to give this a 9.9 because the only flaw in this game is a couple of bugs that break immersion but not enough to ruin the experience
  13. Dec 22, 2020
    Espectacular en todo sentido nos acaban de regalar una obra maestra pero que soundtrack
  14. Sep 26, 2020
    Best platform game this year this game is a animated movie which is playble and it's awesome the silent story is deep too
  15. Oct 24, 2020
    Also ich finde das Spiel schrecklich unzwar an der Steuerung, und der Grafik. Man hätte da viel mehr rausholen können. Aber naja Chance vertan 40 € fürn Arsch. Da einzige was gut ist sind die Zwischensequenzen sonst auch nichts. Also total schlecht das Spiel.
  16. Oct 4, 2020
    No where near as good as the original. Assumes you've already played the original and familiar with controls, despite the original coming out 5 years ago. No directions and tutorial, confusing as hell for a casual gamer.
  17. Sep 25, 2020
    The game is broken. The grab-function ceased to work after a couple of hours.
  18. Jan 4, 2021
    For every thing this game does extremely well, it does two horribly wrong. Such a shame
  19. Apr 11, 2021
    They changed the saving system since the first game and it completely ruins the game. The single best feature of the first game was that you could save whenever you wanted as long as there were no enemies immediately present. This means as soon as you got to a safe spot after completing a difficult section, you could save and avoid having to repeat yourself. This game replaced that withThey changed the saving system since the first game and it completely ruins the game. The single best feature of the first game was that you could save whenever you wanted as long as there were no enemies immediately present. This means as soon as you got to a safe spot after completing a difficult section, you could save and avoid having to repeat yourself. This game replaced that with sporadic auto save spots. This was a BIG downgrade. Been stuck on the same section for the last 30 minutes? Finally manage to complete it? You better pray that there happens to be an auto save spot at the end of it otherwise one missed jump and you're back to where you were 30 minutes ago. Bad. Bad. Bad. Expand
  20. Oct 19, 2020
    It's like a rethinking of the first part with the addition of new ideas and mechanics that have been successfully implemented in other games from other companies.

It may seem that the game has lost some of its originality from this, but no, it's still the same insanely beautiful and atmospheric game about Ori. However, not everything went smoothly - the location does not always load

However, not everything went smoothly - the location does not always load seamlessly, there are friezes and crashes because of this, soapy graphics. But even with all this, the game is very cool and you cannot pass by it, especially if you like platforming and there is no pc / x-box
  21. Sep 27, 2021
    This game is likely the worst excuse for a platformer there is. No quality of life, no changing difficulty, no enjoyability, and simply no direction. Once you get lost, you are stuck. There is no way to use ingenuity to overcome obstacles; you are stuck mashing buttons or playing a pre-school like game of hit and dodge. Avoid this waste of time.
  22. Jan 16, 2021
    One of the most beautiful and stupid platformers i'he ever played. The gameplay is completely boring, continuous waiting for platforms and dodging projectiles. Masturbation and a waste of time.
  23. Dec 4, 2020
    You thought Ori and the Blind Forest was a great game? Just wait until you play Will of the Wisps. It takes everything that made Ori amazing and takes it to a whole other level. I can't even describe how beautiful the background looks, and I played on Switch! The effort put into making this port looking and playing this good is just amazing. The way Ori moves and attacks feel so great thatYou thought Ori and the Blind Forest was a great game? Just wait until you play Will of the Wisps. It takes everything that made Ori amazing and takes it to a whole other level. I can't even describe how beautiful the background looks, and I played on Switch! The effort put into making this port looking and playing this good is just amazing. The way Ori moves and attacks feel so great that I can't describe the feeling I get everytime I dash my way across the map. Absolutely a must play for everyone! Expand
  24. Sep 30, 2020
    10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game! 10/10 game!
  25. Oct 8, 2020
    Детская бродилка, графика прикольная но не более, чисто для детей купить можно, а для себя лучше что то другое поискать.
    Управление ну какое-то ватное было, играл на средних и было 60фпс, звуки прикольные, когда играл на пк то у меня высвечивались кнопки от хуановского контроллера(в подсказках)
    Ну не очень приятно когда к геймерам такое отношение
    Ну не очень приятно когда к геймерам такое отношение
  26. Jan 23, 2021
    For adults it can be 9/10 for sure!

But if it was planed to be played by kids (from age 7) it need to be easier! Much more easier! Also game is full of violence – please mark games [+12] – [+16], but not [+7] !!!
  27. Oct 2, 2020
    un juego que cunmple bastante bien, si lo jugaste en sobremesa que esperas para provarlo de forma portartil, si eres nuevo es altamente recomendable tiene una gran jugabilidad y unos graficos bastante agradables
  28. Jun 27, 2021
    Beautiful graphics, but really too Hard to play. My daughters gave up quickly.
  29. Oct 18, 2020
    A good, fun metroidvania which in many ways is an improvement over the original. It's longer, the combat is much better, there are boss fights now, more uniquely designed characters with their own animations, the environments are even more impressive and diverse. It seems to me they may have taken some inspiration from Hollow Knight when making this game, some of the progression systemsA good, fun metroidvania which in many ways is an improvement over the original. It's longer, the combat is much better, there are boss fights now, more uniquely designed characters with their own animations, the environments are even more impressive and diverse. It seems to me they may have taken some inspiration from Hollow Knight when making this game, some of the progression systems and sidequests feel a bit similar to that like the charms. They are welcome changes as the first one was fun to explore but everything you collected was more straight forward.

While the game itself is good, there are some things that held it back a bit for me. I'll start with the more minor thing. I didn't care for the story for this one quite as much as the first. Both of these games can be kind of depressing. I think what bothers me about it is these are heart string tugging games for sure but they don't necessarily do so through strong story telling, but by presenting you with ridiculously adorable animal characters and then threatening to kill them right before your eyes. XD The reason I could tolerate that better in the first was how empowering the final act was.

With Will of the Wisps, by the end I felt like there was a little bit of wasted potential. I don't want to spoil too much of what happens but not much of a relationship was built between Ori and Ku. Again, it feels heavily reliant on the cuteness factor to make you feel for the characters, which does work but it's not quite enough. For example Ku is the best and most expressive character in the series. It just kinda sucks that she barely has any screen time with Ori and not much was done with her in general, save for short scenes at the very beginning and the very middle. There was potential for a better story if she weren't totally gone from it for 95% of the game.

Now the thing that actually made me have to drop the score is performance. I can forgive the inconsistent resolution because most of the time it's still very beautiful to look at and moments where things look pixelated and muddy are pretty infrequent. But my god, does this game crash. In the 17 hours I spent on this game, it crashed on me roughly 20-25 times. That's not at all an exaggeration, it was pretty frustrating.

Additionally there is another bug that happened about 6 or 7 times where I accidentally ran off screen into an area that was still loading and got stuck underneath the floor with no way back out. Even reloading from a checkpoint would respawn me under the ground again. Thankfully they implemented a 'backup' save system which keeps a log of 10 saves for you to revert to if you run into some game breaking issue. If not for that bandaid the game would be pretty much broken, but the backup system did successfully keep me from losing any progress so at least they thought of something.
  30. Jan 13, 2021
    Ori WotW has nailed it.

It has taken the best features from its contemporary stunner and competitor Hollow Knight, capitalised and improved on its features to create one of the greatest Metroidvanias of all time. Silksong no longer only needs to live up to its predecessor, it has to live up to this, too. 20 hours in and I'm still enthralled and still sending screen captures of
    Ori WotW has nailed it.

20 hours in and I'm still enthralled and still sending screen captures of beautiful art and gameplay to friends and family.

I also seem to be enjoying time trials for the first time too...

For all you Zelda 2 fans, for all you Symphony of the Night devotees, this is one of the classics of the genre.

Enjoy!
  31. Jul 2, 2021
    Absolutely beautiful game, just like Blind Forest, but the gameplay is even better. As much as I enjoyed the first game, it was soured by some unforgiving difficulty spikes - particularly the chase sequences. This time around the game is better balanced and the escape scenes are challenging, but less frustrating.
  32. Dec 29, 2020
    Such a beautiful game and fairly smooth gameplay. The Switch has a hard time with graphics but it’s still smooth enough to enjoy. Where it falls short for me is the difficulty navigating the large platforming areas (easy to get lost or not know where to go to get to your destination), and some annoying platforming areas that are frustratingly difficult. The controls could have been changedSuch a beautiful game and fairly smooth gameplay. The Switch has a hard time with graphics but it’s still smooth enough to enjoy. Where it falls short for me is the difficulty navigating the large platforming areas (easy to get lost or not know where to go to get to your destination), and some annoying platforming areas that are frustratingly difficult. The controls could have been changed some to help this.

A beautiful game, but after getting a few hours in I can’t bring myself to play anymore. I enjoyed the gameplay of celeste more. Even though it is also frustratingly difficult, I wanted to pick it up and play again. Not so with Ori.
  33. Jul 14, 2021
    Beautiful art and animation, smart level design, wonderful music, and tight controls make this one of the best metroidvanias out there - IMO second only to Hollow Knight. Better than the original Ori and the Blind Forest in every aspect and I would recommend playing this one if you're debating which instalment to pick up first (you lose a bit of backstory, but truly nothing consequential).
  34. Nov 19, 2020
    Me encanto el juego engancha mucho hacia rato no disfrutaba de un juego asi
  35. Jun 12, 2021
    Switch optimization is far from perfect. Frame drops and occasional stutters make difficult platforming even more difficult ;) Otherwise it's a brilliant game!
  36. Oct 12, 2020
    Improves upon the already phenomenal Ori and the Blind Forest in meaningful ways. There are new combat and movement options, and the scope of the world is greatly expanded. The Switch port itself is very well done, with only a few minor issues. God-like music.
  37. Nov 3, 2020
    本作的画面在前作的基础上更上了一个台阶,可以说是如梦如幻亦如真。配乐也更加多样化。最让人难忘的莫不过是游戏中不同景色会辅以与之相得益彰的配乐、画风、关卡设计和独特的通关技能。真的是水乳交融,浑然天成。我最喜欢的是湿地,水塘和沙漠的设计。本作的难度相对于前作大幅下降,终于可以让人忘我的享受那美妙的风景和音乐而不用担心不期而至的危险。同时本作也增加了更多的RPG要素,比方说更多的攻击手段,养成方式和互动NPC。这算是个甜点。故事嘛一如既往的童话色彩。台词量不大但也很感人。总体而言是相较于前作的全方位进化。本作的画面在前作的基础上更上了一个台阶,可以说是如梦如幻亦如真。配乐也更加多样化。最让人难忘的莫不过是游戏中不同景色会辅以与之相得益彰的配乐、画风、关卡设计和独特的通关技能。真的是水乳交融,浑然天成。我最喜欢的是湿地,水塘和沙漠的设计。本作的难度相对于前作大幅下降,终于可以让人忘我的享受那美妙的风景和音乐而不用担心不期而至的危险。同时本作也增加了更多的RPG要素,比方说更多的攻击手段,养成方式和互动NPC。这算是个甜点。故事嘛一如既往的童话色彩。台词量不大但也很感人。总体而言是相较于前作的全方位进化。
  38. Oct 4, 2020
    Every criticism I could have directed at the first game has been addressed in this sequel.

The combat is much improved and the game autosaves without penalising you.

This is by far the best platformer and the best metroidvania ever made.

I loved every second of my 40 hours playtime to complete it but wish it had been longer as most half decent gamers would probably complete it much quicker.
  39. Oct 1, 2020
    Jugabilidad de 10, visualmente de 10, música de 10, narrativa de 10. Es prácticamente perfecto como juego de plataformas 2d/metroidvania. En cuestión de rendimiento, la versión de salida para Switch es muy buena, ya que va muy fluido y jugando en una TV de 32 pulgadas apenas he notado dientes de sierra salvo una vez en una transición cinemática. El único fallo es que en alguna rara ocasiónJugabilidad de 10, visualmente de 10, música de 10, narrativa de 10. Es prácticamente perfecto como juego de plataformas 2d/metroidvania. En cuestión de rendimiento, la versión de salida para Switch es muy buena, ya que va muy fluido y jugando en una TV de 32 pulgadas apenas he notado dientes de sierra salvo una vez en una transición cinemática. El único fallo es que en alguna rara ocasión tarda un poco en cargar las zonas a las que te desplaces. Pero bueno, si tienes una Switch, no lo dudes, compra el juego. Expand
  40. Jun 15, 2021
    A lot more content than the first game. Beautiful art, beautiful music. I really enjoyed exploring and unlocking new areas and new abilities. I personally felt that the story was kind of weak and distracted from the gameplay.
  41. Dec 8, 2020
    العبه جميله وسلسه والموسيقى فيها رهيبه تمنيت لو فيه اكثر من الب سات الي فيها
    جماليات الالعاب كثر البوسات وطريقتهم تعجب مرات ببعض البوسات بأسلوب قتالهم
  42. Mar 4, 2021
    A beautiful and emotional game from start to finish, with sublime gameplay, a graphic section and a spectacular soundtrack, although I did not like it and I was too saddened by the outcome of some characters, in addition to changes in skills with respect to the game. original, I must say that this game is a masterpiece.
  43. Oct 4, 2020
    the great game i play and the best game of year 2020,good soundtrack and the great gameplay
  44. Oct 3, 2020
    This game just blew me away, so beautiful environments, so much detail, such good storyline. Perfect difficult. I love it all and recommend it to everybody
  45. Oct 26, 2020
    Incredible game with a wonderful OST. It’s a poetic game. A beautiful 2D game. For me it’s the true way 2D games have to take. I think that Mario and rayman have to use concepts set in this game.
  46. Sep 25, 2020
    muy buen port , jugabilidad, graficos y sonidos, en resumen el juego es de 10 y de los mejores en su genero si no es que es el mejor
  47. Oct 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Total: 65/100 - This is a great game worth playing and would have a higher score if not for its shortness and technical problems. This game is a tear jerker and a joy to play and listen to. If they can work out the whole game crashes every 2 hours issue that would be great, otherwise if you have an Xbox, stick to playing it on that.

Full Score Breakdown

Story: 7/10 - Ori must save another forest. Despite the repeat story and recycled story elements concerning the primary antagonist, the overall story and characters are very good. Ending is a bit lousy and sad though.

Graphics: 8/10 - A great looking game, but a bit too dark. You will be adjusting the settings.

Sound: 10/10 - One of the most beautiful and emotional soundtracks a game has ever had. The music does all the heavy lifting storywise.

Gameplay: 8/10 - Gameplay is absolutely fluid and satisfying, but can be a little too loose at times, resulting in accidents.

Fun Factor: 8/10 - There are some rough spots here and there, but you’ll find it almost impossible to not have fun with this game.

Stability: 4/10 - Sadly the Switch port has tons of problems. Moving too fast can cause the game to freak out, causing stuttering, freezing, and crashing. This along with the fact that the game will just crash every couple of hours results in a low score.

Game Vs Service: 10/10 - Completely offline and no post purchase monetization.

Start To Finish: 2/10 - Only takes about 9-10 hours to beat.

Longevity: 3/10 - It shouldn’t take more than 20 hours to 100% the game.

Worth: 5/10 - ($30 base price) With how short and buggy the Switch port is I wouldn’t recommend spending more than $15 on this.
  48. Oct 11, 2021
    玩法和指引比前作好了很多,不再会出现前期因为不知道如何加点一直死打不走,后期随便飞的情况。对新人友好度高了很多,关卡设计也一看就懂。
    技能可以买,因为手柄只有几个按钮所以常用的技能一般只有3-4个,pc版本估计这一点会爽快很多?
    取消了加点和用能量存档的设计,改成了找商人升级和自动存档,这两个方面优化了很多。 剧情上相比前作不知所这一代的剧情云直白了不少,而且流程也长了一点,通关大概在15小时不到。 配乐和美术依旧是顶级的。 从结局来看似乎还会有下一部?
    玩法和指引比前作好了很多,不再会出现前期因为不知道如何加点一直死打不走,后期随便飞的情况。对新人友好度高了很多,关卡设计也一看就懂。
    技能可以买,因为手柄只有几个按钮所以常用的技能一般只有3-4个,pc版本估计这一点会爽快很多?
    取消了加点和用能量存档的设计,改成了找商人升级和自动存档,这两个方面优化了很多。
    剧情上相比前作不知所这一代的剧情云直白了不少,而且流程也长了一点,通关大概在15小时不到。
    配乐和美术依旧是顶级的。
    从结局来看似乎还会有下一部?
  49. Sep 25, 2020
    El juego sigue siendo igual de hermoso y se siente tan bien como el primero, sin embargo tiene fallas técnicas qué te cierran el juego en ciertos momentos, en lo visual a veces se ve como un juego pixel art si se ven los fondos, son las únicas fallas que podría mencionar de este juego, por lo demás es una joya imprescindible
  50. Sep 28, 2020
    this is an absolutely gorgeous game on switch. such smooth and addicting platforming gameplay
  51. Jan 19, 2021
    I loved it. My wife bought it as a surprise and I had never heard of it. The play style changes as you advance through the game and the graphics are gorgeous. Fun characters and storyline to keep you wanting more. I need more, I went and bought the first one. Must play.
  52. Oct 4, 2020
    Definitivamente no hay skip song en este album es tan diverso en generos musicales.
  53. Oct 6, 2020
    Awesome port of a great game. Doesn't get better than this really. Recommended!
  54. Nov 13, 2020
    This game is simply incredible the soundtrack is impeccable, the visual art is incredible and in addition to the gameplay that is very good to play, in my opinion this is the best game of 2020.
  55. Oct 8, 2020
    The first game was amazing already. I didn't play it for a short while after it came out because I heard there were a couple of bugs and because I couldn't believe they'd be able to make something as good as the original. I was afraid that they'd just recreate the first game with the exact same storybeats to force another tearjerker.
    I'm happy to say that my fears were unnecessary. This
    I'm happy to say that my fears were unnecessary. This game is better than it's predecessor in every possible way. If I could give this more than a 10/10 I would, because I gave the original a 10.
    A must-play and my favourite game of all times, no questions asked.
  56. Nov 11, 2020
    De los juegos más hermosos y especiales que he jugado en switch, una auténtica maravilla!
  57. Nov 23, 2020
    Ori and The Will of The Wisps is a visually stunning game and has an impressive score. It's story is simple but emotional. The combat and health system is easy to use and is fun. Anyone who enjoys 2d platformers will love this game
  58. Nov 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Una joyita oculta de microsoft grande godbox arriba España y lolito se hizo joto Expand
  59. Dec 4, 2020
    One of the best action/platform game.First game was good but this is bigger , better and more beautiful.
  60. Dec 8, 2020
    Um jogo incrível, gráficos, história. O único motivo de não ser nota 10 é porque não me prendeu até o fim, mas quando jogo, acho sensacional
  61. Oct 17, 2021
    This game is in the top 5 of my most favourite games ever. Please, don't miss this game as well as the first part. It is also amazing on Switch as well as the first part, beautiful graphics and framerate, and I had no glitches or bugs playing. I am a huge fan now, bought all 3 editions as well as collection edition :) Guys, this game is a masterpiece.
  62. Jun 20, 2021
    When a sequel to Moon Studios’ Ori and the Blind Forest was announced, I was every bit as excited as I was skeptical. The first game brought nothing but joy and wonder with every aspect of gameplay and the idea of a sequel capturing that same magic seemed unlikely. Without question, Ori and the Will of the Wisps not only matched its predecessor in charm, beauty, and gameplay, it surpassedWhen a sequel to Moon Studios’ Ori and the Blind Forest was announced, I was every bit as excited as I was skeptical. The first game brought nothing but joy and wonder with every aspect of gameplay and the idea of a sequel capturing that same magic seemed unlikely. Without question, Ori and the Will of the Wisps not only matched its predecessor in charm, beauty, and gameplay, it surpassed it. This game improved upon every aspect of the first game, which was already a masterpiece in its own right. The graphical quality of the game is unparalleled, harbouring a variety of new and exotic locations that look and run flawlessly, even on the Switch. The backgrounds of each location are intricately and gorgeously rendered to create a vibrant world that can be described as nothing short of magical. The characters are each designed so uniquely and fit right into their respective environments.
    Ori’s newest adventure features a comprehensive leveling-up system that focuses on movement as a means of increasing your power. Each new move and ability adds a tool to Ori’s skill-set that allows players to traverse a complex world with ease and joy. Each unlockable ability stacks on top of the last and fosters a moveset that allows for a uniquely satisfying and easy to control method of platforming. On top of wonderful movement mechanics, the player is met with traditional RPG elements while talking to NPC’s, allowing them to conquer a variety of unique and somewhat challenging side quests in order to fully build the world around them. As if all of this wasn’t enough, the game’s story provides a wholesome yet tear-inducing experience using characters introduced from the first game with an ending sure to induce a catharsis to anyone who has beat the game.
    Overall, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is easily a Nintendo Switch must-have game. From the design to the story to the gameplay, every aspect of this game ensures that the XBox and Moon Studios have created a true masterpiece of an experience.
  63. Dec 28, 2020
    This game is just incredible. A simple yet emotional story is told through beautiful art and music combined with amazing plat forming. Nothing more to say but, play this game.
  64. Dec 29, 2020
    The game overall was decent. Definitely inferior to other metroidvania style games like Hollow Knight but was overall pretty good. My switch did have trouble handling the graphics and there were more bugs and glitches than I expected but on the positive side, the music and graphics are pretty good and some of the bosses were fun.
  65. Feb 17, 2021
    It's very blurry on Switch.................... 。。。。。 ..... ................
  66. Aug 2, 2021
    I haven't played the original Ori and didn't enjoy Hallow Knight so this isn't really my preferred genre.

Initially I thought this game was a pretty good platformer but it kept throwing new mechanic after new mechanic until i was engoss The world and level design are of a standard I've never seen in a platformer.The story,although simple,is deep, rich and heart wrenching. The combat and

The combat and bosses are all challenging and enjoyable. The platforming is a mix between get fresh. the fresh and familiar, but takes a while to introduce the fresh. If the term AAA indie exists , this is it.

Negatives: Getting lost, especially in the beginning not. Map is massive and especially the beginning completely overwhelming. . Some cheap places you can die
  67. Jan 24, 2021
    A very good game. One of the best Metroidvania i ever played. You should buy it and play. It‘s an very good game.
  68. Feb 22, 2021
    gameplay, story, graphics... everything is nearly perfect here. some slight stutters and pixelated blurryness in docked mode - but that this game even runs this well on switch is nothing less than amazing.
  69. Feb 19, 2021
    I didn't play the first one but this game is absolutely beautiful from beginning to end. The controls are very smoothly and the game feels so alive with every new area you discover. I love Metroidvania genre and this game is up there with the best. Thank you Moon Studios and Xbox for releasing this game on Switch.
  70. Jun 30, 2021
    I prefer the first game for its slightly more intense difficulty.
    The second one is easier, mainly because you don't have to manage your energy for saves anymore and because you can teleport to wells from almost any location.
    But it's also a more complete game with its side quests and its more elaborated cut scenes. Although the best improvements are the smoother control of Ori and the
    I prefer the first game for its slightly more intense difficulty.
    Although the best improvements are the smoother control of Ori and the fact you don't have to permanently change between the joystick and the D-pad.
  71. Apr 14, 2021
    I found first part so good, I expected a little bit more from part two, but I think this game is very good too. And that's one of the reasons why it's only 8.
  72. Apr 18, 2021
    Hahaha it's an identical copy of Hollow Knight. Like there's literally no difference in between this game and Hollow Knight. I don't understand how it's legal for this game to exist but whatever. Pretty good, maybe not as challenging as Hollow Knight but it's still pretty good. So in conclusion if you liked Hollow Knight you're going to love this game.
  73. Sep 26, 2021
    Decent game, but not my thing.
    I didn't really care for the story, it felt a little too Disney for my tastes, and unfortunately there isn't any option to skip cutscenes, so in the cutscene heavy segments I found myself zoning out completely.
    Decent game, but not my thing.
    I didn't like the direction they took with the combat, a lot of abilities felt quite lacklustre, and even though swapping between them has been improved upon greatly from the previous entry, doing so in combat felt pointless, as most enemies put up very little fight (on normal difficulty) and were better suited to be dispatched with my best, most upgraded abilities.
    The devs shifted the focus from platforming-heavy to a balance between combat and platforming, which I didn't appreciate, mainly because I found the strength of Ori's gameplay to lie in its platforming, and despite a wealth of platforming challenges, I wish there were a lot more, especially the exciting boss platforming sequences.
    The visuals are indeed stunning, there are some great environments to explore here, but the wispy, fantasy soundtrack really started to grate on me. Once again, the light fantasy aesthetic has never been my cup of tea, so I acknowledge personal bias here, but I really tired of the overall atmosphere of the game.
    All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the platforming, but I found the rest of the package really didn't click with me. I still congratulate the devs on their creation, and would still recommend others to play it, particularly if you enjoy the lighthearted fantasy theming of the game, just wasn't for me.
  74. Jan 19, 2022
    As someone who has never played the first game (Yet), I had SO much fun with this one. The visuals are gorgeous and the soundtrack is beautiful. The combat is EXTREMELY fun and filled with variety. There are times where I was just running around the world slashing enemies because the combat was THAT fun and satisfying. Movement is also one of the game's strong suits, it feels SO good toAs someone who has never played the first game (Yet), I had SO much fun with this one. The visuals are gorgeous and the soundtrack is beautiful. The combat is EXTREMELY fun and filled with variety. There are times where I was just running around the world slashing enemies because the combat was THAT fun and satisfying. Movement is also one of the game's strong suits, it feels SO good to control Ori and move him around different places all the time, there are times where I run around the world because Ori is just so satisfying to control. The bosses are all great, they feel like true celebrations of how far you have come, they are very well designed and fun, plus their soundtracks are AMAZING. The story is also pretty good, it didn't make me cry or anything but it's far from a bad story. The platforming and levels are also very fun and challenging. The game does have one flaw though, and that is it can get pretty glitchy a times. But the glitches arent anything game-breaking or anything so it's easy to ignore them. Overall this game is a masterpiece, I highly recommend this game to ANY Metroidvania fan. I would even say it's on the same level as Hollow Knight! This is my second favorite Metroidvania right below Hollow Knight, this is definitely a must-play for sure Expand
  75. Jun 19, 2021
    There are no words to describe this game. It’s more than that, an overwhelming experience from beginning to end. I’m still amazed that a team of people can create so much beauty. This is a masterpiece: the music, the graphics, the playability, the flow, and above all, the characters and the story. It’s from now on my all-time new favorite game.
  76. Jul 6, 2021
    best 2d platformer I have ever played the movement is so great and you keep leaning new skills at just the right time to make it feel fresh the art and graphics are just beautiful the game is hard but feels very fair every time I die it feels like my fault and not the games witch makes you wanna improve you can take it at your own pace and feels like an open world 2d game which is crazybest 2d platformer I have ever played the movement is so great and you keep leaning new skills at just the right time to make it feel fresh the art and graphics are just beautiful the game is hard but feels very fair every time I die it feels like my fault and not the games witch makes you wanna improve you can take it at your own pace and feels like an open world 2d game which is crazy the areas feel lived in and interesting the characters are memorable and unique and animation is amazing honestly I don't know what the flaws of this game would be spectacular experience would recommend everyone to play this game. Expand
  77. Oct 8, 2021
    Amazing game. Great plot and narration, very dramatic. At the end I even shed a tear. Gameplay does not have time to get bored.
    Stunningly beautiful locations.
    A few words about port to Nintendo. It works great, fast and smooth. However I had a couple moments when the game crushed. I got a lot of impressions and I am very glad that I bought this game. Now it is one of my favorite
    Stunningly beautiful locations.
    I got a lot of impressions and I am very glad that I bought this game. Now it is one of my favorite platformers.
    Strongly recommended!.
  78. Dec 30, 2021
    The continuation of one of the most beautiful games that I've ever played. There was the occasional stutter during gameplay, but restarting the console helped to minimize the issue.
  79. Oct 24, 2021
    This is a must Play game! The controls are very smooth and the movement in this game will get more and more versatile as time goes on. The story might be the most heartwarming story I have ever experienced in a video game and the difficulty progression is perfect. The gameplay is very fun with a lot of enemies you will encounter, tight platforming challenges, escape sequences and greatThis is a must Play game! The controls are very smooth and the movement in this game will get more and more versatile as time goes on. The story might be the most heartwarming story I have ever experienced in a video game and the difficulty progression is perfect. The gameplay is very fun with a lot of enemies you will encounter, tight platforming challenges, escape sequences and great boss fights!
    You don't know what you're missing out on if you don't play this game. I would recommend playing through the first Ori game (ori and the blind forest) before playing this game because there are some story elements that will make more sense if you have played the first Ori game.
  80. Oct 27, 2021
    If you are professional game player than this is a game for you. I'm unfortunately a regular chap who wants to have some fun with a game on Friday's evening. If you are like me - this game is NOT for you. This game will punish you brutally for your incompetence and leave you with now bypass options when you need help. Don't get me wrong, the climax is awesome. It's just sad even the easyIf you are professional game player than this is a game for you. I'm unfortunately a regular chap who wants to have some fun with a game on Friday's evening. If you are like me - this game is NOT for you. This game will punish you brutally for your incompetence and leave you with now bypass options when you need help. Don't get me wrong, the climax is awesome. It's just sad even the easy level is hard for occasional players. Expand
  81. Nov 28, 2021
    Doesn't do enough to stand out from the outstanding first game, but still a good game nevertheless.
  82. Dec 5, 2021
    A true masterpiece, the visuals, music, story, and game-play all combine to make this a absolute gem to play. Highly Recommended.
  83. Dec 23, 2021
    Masterpiece Masterpiece Masterpiece Masterpiece Masterpiece Masterpiece Masterpiece

Universal acclaim - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 25, 2021
    While the Nintendo Switch has seen its fair share of Metroidvania titles over its four-year run, Ori and the Will of the Wisps stands strong as one of its best. While the original was already a memorable adventure, Ori and the Will of the Wisps manages to make improvements whilst dazzling with a visual look that somehow manages to be even more eye-catching than before.
  2. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Dec 21, 2020
    Another world - rich in content - in the palm of your hand. Or is a game that raises the bar for the genre. Absolutely enchanting. [Issue #2, p.64]
  3. Dec 8, 2020
    If you don't have Xbox or PC, or simply wanna enjoy it in portable mode, Ori and the Will of the Wisps it's one of the greatest adventures of 2020, and now arrives in a neat physical edition that will let you treasure it with other extras like the ost and a bunch of postcards. A great conversion of a superb metroidvania.