6.7

1. Sep 1, 2020
    I really enjoy this turn-based strategy game- the theme, the art style, and even the brutal difficulty. Sure it's not perfectly balanced and strokes of ill luck can be frustrating, but when you manage to get out of a tough scrape it's immensely satisfying. The game is all about close calls. I highly recommend playing your first few games with the "level restart option" on until you learnI really enjoy this turn-based strategy game- the theme, the art style, and even the brutal difficulty. Sure it's not perfectly balanced and strokes of ill luck can be frustrating, but when you manage to get out of a tough scrape it's immensely satisfying. The game is all about close calls. I highly recommend playing your first few games with the "level restart option" on until you learn the quirks and mechanics of everything (basically there's no instructions so you'll learn by trial and error). I think that's part of the fun and mystery that this post-apocalyptic game provides. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. May 11, 2020
    Controls aren’t immediately obvious, and with such limited movements within each turn, you’re a) mostly figuring it out as you go along, and b) dying a lot. For many people, of course, the difficulty is the point, especially when we’re talking about survival horror — which, its isometric puzzle trappings notwithstanding, Overland definitely is. It doesn’t hold your hand (which, for some — i.e. me — may be a drawback), so if you’re tired of the current apocalypse and in the mood for one that’s a little different, it might just do the trick.
  2. Dec 2, 2019
    A strategy game that is as unique as beautiful. Prepare yourself for the challenge of completing dioramas-puzzles under the stress of noise.
  3. Oct 24, 2019
    Overland is a truly curious take on the post-apocalyptic genre, its turn-based gameplay turning an otherwise tired setting into something worth your time. You’ll feel vulnerable, desperate, and anxious on your hellish road trip and while that journey might outright frustrate you at times, it’s one you certainly won’t soon forget.