6.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 18, 2019
    A very nice port of one of the best games of the decade. An extremely fun and well made shooter.
  2. Oct 18, 2019
    Very cool port from other platforms! I playing with very big pleasure! And abstracting I want to say that the game itself, and the blizzard made a very, very good game. I recommend to everyone.
  3. Oct 15, 2019
    Its way better than I was expecting, I mean a lot more!

I don't know how to put it but the 30 FPS really seem fluid...and that comes from someone who is very sensitive about FPS drops and low FPS in games but on this game eventho you can tell the framerate is locked at 30 (its no secret, they said so themeselves) it just smooth! There are 2 things that prevented me to go for a 10 on
    Its way better than I was expecting, I mean a lot more!

There are 2 things that prevented me to go for a 10 on this incredible "gift" that is overwatch portable: graphical compromises had to be made and that was expected, but in all fairness this is an inferior version of the game. Secondly, every heavy multiplayer game on the Switch seems to have a very low population and since there is no cross play (at least for now) this might be a risky purchase if you plan to play it out peak hours.
    These 2 points are not really the game's fault per se, its due to hardware limitations and console population and target audiance but regardless of it I feel it had to be mentioned and should weight on the score.
  4. Oct 15, 2019
    Great port, definitely worth picking up. One of the best multiplayer games for thecswitch
  5. Oct 17, 2019
    Very solid port. Game runs fine (as good as 30fps can), only occasionally drops on fps when there are VERY much things happening.
    Don't need to wait a long time to find game either (at least when playing support or tank, haven't tried dps). I understand that people don't like Blizzard at the moment, but this port is good nonetheless.
  6. Oct 16, 2019
    Worth picking up if you like the game and have a switch. I can imagine like it's going to be pretty also now that OverWatch portable. just the thought of being able to play multiplayer on the train with mobile hotspot it's going to be awesome. Game runs at 30 fps, to my eyes, looks fine. What did you expect, it's a switch port. Well done blizzard!
  7. Oct 15, 2019
    Play overwatch on the go! Amazing, I'm very happy to see this in nintendo switch
  8. Oct 16, 2019
    The game is truly a gem to behold in the palm of your hands. Wonderful title, wonderful port, zero complaints!
  9. Oct 16, 2019
    Just perfect... In all points. I really cant stop enjoying it. This is one of most brilliant fps, now in my switch.
  10. Oct 16, 2019
    Impressive port for the Switch! Need to get used to the scope but it feels really clean. It is also the only easy way I can play in couch-coop with friends.
    A+!
  11. Oct 15, 2019
    Buen port la verdad no importa que corra a 30fps es muy fluido pero si echo en falta el cartucho
  12. Oct 15, 2019
    Bastante buena la experiencia de poder jugarlo de manera portátil. Muy bien
  13. Oct 23, 2019
    Overwatch on a portable. Change the controls from exponential ramp to linear ramp and you’re good to go. I love this game. I’ve turned gyro off and purely just aim with the joy cons. I’ve never played Overwatch before but had been meaning to for a while, was hesitant to pick this up but really glad I did. I’m a now casual player with a strong background in hardcore FPS, if that’s youOverwatch on a portable. Change the controls from exponential ramp to linear ramp and you’re good to go. I love this game. I’ve turned gyro off and purely just aim with the joy cons. I’ve never played Overwatch before but had been meaning to for a while, was hesitant to pick this up but really glad I did. I’m a now casual player with a strong background in hardcore FPS, if that’s you you’ll love this edition. Expand
  14. Oct 16, 2019
    The Gyro Aim is bad and laggy. The game is unplayable. I'll keep play Paladins.
  15. Oct 15, 2019
    A wonderful port if you're a casual Overwatch player. The gyroscope controls are very enjoyable so far. Cant speak for docked mode yet but handheld mode runs quite wonderfully. Better than I expected of this port to be completely honest.
  16. Oct 19, 2019
    This is a great game and I’m so happy it’s on switch, sure there are a couple of problems with it like frame rate drops and characters not rendering properly but those don’t happen that much and they can easily be fixed in a patch
  17. Oct 15, 2019
    É uma versão de console, e além da portabilidade, ainda tem mira por movimentos. A mira por movimentos com a personagem Widowmaker, por exemplo, está MUITO mais precisa que no xbox ou ps4, e nos demais campeões nem se fala. É um port que vale muito a pena, poder jogar overwatch em qualquer lugar e mirando com movimentos de tela, é algo incrível.
  18. Oct 19, 2019
    If this is your first time playing Overwatch, I think you'll be impressed by the game. It's had a lot of bad publicity but the game itself is really good fun. I guess if you have a ps4, xbox 1 or gaming pc there's not much point opting for this downgraded version but taken on its own merits it plays and looks good and is one of the most enjoyable multiplayer games around.
  19. Oct 15, 2019
    Amazing game, portable, fluid, all include with a gold box and 3 months of online, so much time waiting for this in nintendo.
  20. Oct 18, 2019
    The game looks great and runs great when you consider the hardware its running on. The game is more than playable, coming from someone with the strongest PC you can build. However there are some issues:

1) LAG. There's so much lag that you will get very frustrated trying to play. I've never seen so much lag in a switch game 2) Cheating. I run into multiple people outright hacking the

2) Cheating. I run into multiple people outright hacking the game. They take no damage, they don't miss a single headshot, they shoot through walls, or they 1-shot kill everyone. Something has to be done about this. It's extremely frustrating.
    3) The game has been turned into a cluster f**k. The balance is badly off and people have settled into a setup that rarely varies. Some heroes are useless and others are on both teams in every game I've played.

Overall I like the game, but the problems are so frustrating that I hardly want to play it. I look forward to Blizzard fixing this. Lag will always be a problem, but the cheating is out of hand.
  21. Oct 15, 2019
    Me encanta el juego va muy fluido con excelentes gráficos en modo portatil que es el atractivo principal, mis respetos a blizzar por hacer con cariño sus ports , juego muy recomendado aunque ubiese estado mucho mejor tener una version fisica real y no comernos 22 gb en el sistema , pero en lo que es el juego en general , nada que envidiar de las demas consolas sino al contrario puedo jugarMe encanta el juego va muy fluido con excelentes gráficos en modo portatil que es el atractivo principal, mis respetos a blizzar por hacer con cariño sus ports , juego muy recomendado aunque ubiese estado mucho mejor tener una version fisica real y no comernos 22 gb en el sistema , pero en lo que es el juego en general , nada que envidiar de las demas consolas sino al contrario puedo jugar overwatch en el baño , ahora TRACER en smash porfas ,,, Expand
  22. Oct 16, 2019
    While this is definitely a rock solid port, Overwatch on Switch (OverSwitch?) still has the two main issues that plagued the other versions over the years: Lack of real progression and terrible balance. The game's progression system is still unchanged. You level based on time played mostly and the sole reward for leveling up are loot boxes for cosmetics. That's it. Your performance doesn'tWhile this is definitely a rock solid port, Overwatch on Switch (OverSwitch?) still has the two main issues that plagued the other versions over the years: Lack of real progression and terrible balance. The game's progression system is still unchanged. You level based on time played mostly and the sole reward for leveling up are loot boxes for cosmetics. That's it. Your performance doesn't dictate anything and what you get is set in stone, no room for true individuality. This has always been a problem since the original release as games from over a decade ago had addicting progression systems down like a science.

Then there's the balance. While it isn't as bad as some previous times in the game's life (like when Brigitte was released), there's still balance problems that hurt the experience drastically and can lead to immense frustration. Junkrat is still the biggest problem since Brig was nerfed. His damage output is insane, his tire charges way too fast and is way too powerful and he takes absolutely no damage from any of his own explosives, meaning he is just a mindless massive damage output machine with no risks and his fast charging ultimate is at least two free kills. He can even active his tire and explode it right in front of himself to kill multiple people while dealing absolutely no damage to himself. You know who can't do that at all? Pharah, so this is clearly a case of no consistency in design and it makes Junkrat a nightmare. Some other characters have their share of issues, but Junkrat has been needing a real nerf for so long and nothing has happened.

So yeah. If you don't care about either of those things, then this port is perfect for you as the visuals are top notch and while it runs at 30fps and it has some dips when the action goes nuts, it still performs far better than I expected especially with the visual fidelity staying intact. I just wish the game felt more fulfilling.
  23. Oct 17, 2019
    We already know that this is a good game, but the performance on the switch is very poor. I don't think they should involve political or religious issues in games, as many have done by giving low marks in protest.
    The gyro controls give the game a new look, it's a bit clumsy at first, but with the time and patience to play even better than without the accelerometer.
    Now let's go to the
    Now let's go to the negative points.
    I got 3 points from my grade. 1 for voice chat that does not work. 1 by the red spheres at the start of the game, Switch cannot load character models in time. And sometimes in the case of quick matches, we are played in games that are already underway, and we are hurt to see nothing but red balls. Alias ​​I will take one more point, because of the best moments of the matches. Switch does not load characters which results in a bizarre replay where we only see visual effects on screen without the characters.
    Já sabemos que se trata de um bom game, Porém o desempenho no Switch é bem fraco. Não acho que devam envolver questões politicas ou religiosas nos games, como muitos tem feito dando notas baixas em protesto.
    Os controles com giroscópio dão um ar de novidade ao game, é um pouco desajeitado no começo, mas com tempo e paciência da para jogar até melhor do que sem o acelerômetro.
    Agora vamos aos pontos negativos.
    Tirei 3 pontos da minha nota. 1 pelo voice chat que não funciona. 1 pelas esferas vermelhas no começo da partida, o Switch não consegue carregar os modelos de personagem à tempo. E em algumas ocasiões no caso de partidas rápidas, somos jogados em partidas que já estão em andamento, e somos prejudicados por ver nada além de esferas vermelhas. Alias vou tirar mais um ponto, por causa dos melhores momentos das partidas. O Switch não carrega os personagens o que resulta em um replay bizarro, onde só vemos os efeitos visuais na tela sem os personagens.
  24. Oct 23, 2019
    Incredible game, I love how Blizzars put this HUGE game on a console like Nintendo Switch, and with that included it looks amazing! I think they could effort a little bit more in some ways but it is one of the best ports and games the console have.
  25. Oct 18, 2019
    I never expected Overwatch to come to Switch, but I'm so happy it did. I never have had as much fun playing OW as I do laying in bed playing with my Fiance on our Switches. It's my platform of choice for OW now. A lot of people are going to give this negative reviews due to recent events. But really, this game has nothing to do with politics, and the game itself is great. I feel they did aI never expected Overwatch to come to Switch, but I'm so happy it did. I never have had as much fun playing OW as I do laying in bed playing with my Fiance on our Switches. It's my platform of choice for OW now. A lot of people are going to give this negative reviews due to recent events. But really, this game has nothing to do with politics, and the game itself is great. I feel they did a great job porting it over to the Switch. Sure it doesn't look quite as good as PC, but at the end of the day, gameplay is what matters and its as great as ever (if not better due to the added gyro feature, which I don't use but I like having the option). It still looks great on the Switch and 30 fps is surprisingly smooth. Plus the game has come a long way and there are so many more maps and characters when the game was first released, and so many more even since I last played it on PC. I love it! Highly recommend, especially to newcomers to the franchise or people who have friends who own switches. Expand
  26. Jan 10, 2020
    This version of Overwatch brings all the headaches of all the others (unfair matchmaking, unbalanced heros, etc) and also adds in the downside of stiff controls and a 30FPS cap, I have no doubt with a little more optimization on the CPU side of things and maybe a dynamic resolution or slightly reworked assets instead of just “PCs lowest settings” they could have hit 60FPS most of the timeThis version of Overwatch brings all the headaches of all the others (unfair matchmaking, unbalanced heros, etc) and also adds in the downside of stiff controls and a 30FPS cap, I have no doubt with a little more optimization on the CPU side of things and maybe a dynamic resolution or slightly reworked assets instead of just “PCs lowest settings” they could have hit 60FPS most of the time but this feels just like a money grab in my opinion with low effort, the only reason it’s getting a 1 and not a 0 is because you can actually play it on the go. Expand
  27. Oct 21, 2019
    If you want a fun first person shooter for your Switch that has a multiplayer player base this is it. Game runs great and I never have an issue finding an online game. If you're someone who obsesses over frame rates or milliseconds of lag then you should just stay in your moms basement on your overclocked PC with bench marking tools and send out anonymous social media blasts complainingIf you want a fun first person shooter for your Switch that has a multiplayer player base this is it. Game runs great and I never have an issue finding an online game. If you're someone who obsesses over frame rates or milliseconds of lag then you should just stay in your moms basement on your overclocked PC with bench marking tools and send out anonymous social media blasts complaining about things no one cares about but you. This isn't your game. For the rest of us normal people, this game is a hit. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2020
    Quick Score: 6.5/10

Overwatch Switch is a semi solid port of a fun game that has a lot of potential and that I was surprised made it to my favorite console. Overwatch Switch has a few problems but it's definitely fun to play on the go if you can. A lack of offline options and account transfer is discouraging but if you're willing to overlook a few flaws you'll have a blast. Full
    Quick Score: 6.5/10

Full Review:

I was really surprised when they announced Overwatch Switch and was excited it was launching this year. I put down my pre-order and optimistically waited for launch. About 2-3 weeks ago I heard the physical copy wouldn't come with a cartridge so I cancelled my pre-order and bought it on the EShop so I could play at midnight. I was able to get about 6-8 hours of play in and feel like I've gathered enough of an opinion to leave my thoughts.

I still can't believe you can play Overwatch on the Switch. Everything is here that you'd expect from the full game and the presentation is pretty solid for the most part. I was able to find matches against bots lightning fast and there wasn't much of a wait for PVP. The game looks really good playing in handheld but I noticed that the presentation is pretty washed out in docked play. The frame rate seems to hold around 25-30 fps which doesn't bother me too much because I mostly play games on console. Overall it's Overwatch on Switch which is more or less what I expected when they announced it was coming.

While the game is serviceable on switch I did notice some lag and maybe slight issues with input time. Everything feels like it's running half a second or so too slow and on WiFi I had a few instances of game lag. Overall it didn't ruin my experience but as the switch can't be plugged into my router without buying an adapter it's potentially a problem. You can't play hardwired while un-docked even if you have the adapter so playing in portable mode may be a tedious experience if you play on a slow internet. I have fairly decent internet overall and feel confident that if you have mid-range to high-end internet you should be fine. There is also built in voice chat so you don't have to tether your chat experience to your phone which was very appreciated.

While I do appreciate that Overwatch is on the Switch I still don't really feel satisfied with the game. The textures look fine in portable play but everything looks washed out and fuzzy in docked play as mentioned before. I am disappointed that it was $40 and feel like the launch price was a little high. I also dislike that most of the cosmetics are locked behind events and loot boxes with no way to collect skins from a previous version for returning players. The lack of account transfer or any sort of crossplay is disapointing, at the very least I figured they'd allow you to transfer your progress from another account. My biggest grievance with this game is the constant internet requirement. The switch is meant to be played on the go and more often then not that's where I play. If I wasn't right next to my router at home I'd lose connection pretty quick which more or less tethers me to my living room. If I'm home and have the option to play Overwatch on my PS4 or my Switch I'd rather just play on PS4 where I have a constant connection as well as my unlocks and skins. I guess you can technically use a phone hot spot or free WiFi if you're at a place that has it but it seems like an oversight from Blizzard. It definitely would have been nice if they'd included an offline mode exclusive to the switch versus bots, it would have given people more of a reason to pick the game up at $40 and let people practice while they are on the go.

I really appreciate the work Blizzard did to make Overwatch Switch happen. While I personally feel the Switch isn't a perfect fit for Overwatch it's serviceable overall. A few small problems here and there can be overlooked and the good outweighs the bad for the most part. It'd be awesome to get an offline mode eventually, but for now as long as you have decent internet access you should be able to get a lot of fun out of this game. I'd give the game a 6.5/10 at launch which could change if they fix some of the issues I have with it. Hope my review helps if you're on the fence, if you do end up getting it maybe we'll play together someday!
  29. Jan 24, 2022
    The game looks and works great for a portable console and cross-platform. Game 10/10
  30. Nov 11, 2019
    Its a really fun shooter. It looks great and everything runs smooth in docked or handheld. Matches are easy to find and it feels like if you can get a lot better if you keep playing. Seems like there are a few characters for everyone. If you want a fun online shooter then you cant go wrong. I deduct 1 point for no campaign or offline mode
  31. Mar 13, 2020
    A truly missed opportunity, this could have been a much better port. The game itself is deserving of a 0 just based on the broken matchmaking, community, and gameplay but I'm giving it a 3 just because it made it to the switch. The main point here is framerate, its 30FPS, this should not be the case or there should be an option for 60FPS with reduced quality. The game engine though is CPUA truly missed opportunity, this could have been a much better port. The game itself is deserving of a 0 just based on the broken matchmaking, community, and gameplay but I'm giving it a 3 just because it made it to the switch. The main point here is framerate, its 30FPS, this should not be the case or there should be an option for 60FPS with reduced quality. The game engine though is CPU bottlenecked so instead of fixing that or optimizing it for the switch I'm guessing they took the minimal effort to plop it on the switch or just decided to do minimal optimization since they didnt think it would sell much. The controls are way to stiff as well regardless of if you have the pro controller or not. Basically if you have any other way to play this game and for some reason want to then do that, avoid this version. Expand
  32. Apr 24, 2021
    Overwatch has been fun for a while. On the Nintendo Switch, it is just as great. The portable version works amazing, and the normal version is even better. Though it isn’t as powerful of a console, the game feels and looks amazing. I recommend it.
  33. JPK
    Dec 15, 2019
    Good To See It On The Switch
    It’s not completely perfect, But this port is definitely worth playing.
  34. Oct 25, 2019
    Increible port. Jugar este juego de modo portatil a 720 p en una pantalla tan pequeña hace que vaya de lujo y sus fps son bastantes estables.
    Me parece una proeza tecnica.
  35. Oct 21, 2019
    30 FPS and so smooth fun game play which has done what we were never thought it would come to Nintendo Switch the portable console. Now i can really play and enjoy overwatch everywhere.
  36. Mar 9, 2020
    If you can't play Overwatch on another platform with 60+ fps, this is a very good game!
  37. Oct 26, 2019
    Filled with hype and lots of intense feelings for this game. This is my first time playing this. I love using D.VA the most, in fact, I got a 21 kill streak as her.
  38. Oct 21, 2019
    The game is fun and I'm a couple of loot boxes in. I play on pc and the switch is alot of fun
  39. Oct 25, 2019
    Playing the full game on a mobile device is pretty mindblowing. Nothing has been cut back or omitted in the Switch version, so kudos to the developers on that one.

At the same time this feels undercooked, and it seems the developers have prioritized visual fidelity over smoothness of play. For those used to 60fps play on PS4 or PC, the 30fps feels pretty unpleasant. Additionally, the 30fps is not stable, and not a 'smooth' 30fps.

Hopefully the devs continue to polish the game, working on frame time consistency. The best case scenario would be addition of a 60fps 'performance' mode. 480p would be totally fine for this, more options are better! If Doom and Wolfenstein can do this, so can Overwatch!
  40. Jan 8, 2020
    Excellent port my most played game on the ps4 and I must say the port is really well done. No complains what so ever. I'm afraid it will be my most played game on the switch too... Highly recommended if you like fps.
  41. Oct 13, 2020
    Blizzard has a long road from making games for gamers to calculating monitorezations for consumers. This company doesn't see its fans as people, but as wallets. This game is long dead, my friend got account banned for alleged abusive chat after he spend hundreds of dollars on loot boxes and they didn't provide any explanations or reasons. So if you buy the game prepare yourself it can beBlizzard has a long road from making games for gamers to calculating monitorezations for consumers. This company doesn't see its fans as people, but as wallets. This game is long dead, my friend got account banned for alleged abusive chat after he spend hundreds of dollars on loot boxes and they didn't provide any explanations or reasons. So if you buy the game prepare yourself it can be taken without any explanations and you are not getting your money back. This game is a scam Expand
  42. Feb 1, 2020
    Люблю эту игру. Купил ее на все платформы(PC, PS4, XBOX, SWITCH)
  43. Feb 29, 2020
    I have it on pc but i prefer playing it in bed on my switch. Its amazing and the framerate isnt an issue
  44. Mar 20, 2020
    People just ask to much for a portable version. Just enjoy the game! Its not perfect but you will enjoy it for sure!
  45. Jun 16, 2020
    Controls are not perfect on handheld but its a great port. I've played on pc and overall like it more on the switch
  46. Mar 27, 2021
    Overwatch is a definition of (almost) a perfect online PvP game. Enjoyable characters with great design and balanced powers (or at least developers are STILL trying to make it balanced), official and fan-made maps and mods, no reason to spend a thousands of dollars because you can get loot boxes pretty easily... and the overall player system. Overwatch really motivates you to be better, toOverwatch is a definition of (almost) a perfect online PvP game. Enjoyable characters with great design and balanced powers (or at least developers are STILL trying to make it balanced), official and fan-made maps and mods, no reason to spend a thousands of dollars because you can get loot boxes pretty easily... and the overall player system. Overwatch really motivates you to be better, to be a good player, to help your teammates - there is a very satisfying rating system, each round showing of the best player, and amazing statistics which are showing what kind of player you are.
    The only real complaint about this gem is matchmaking system - for real? I can't understand how it can takes so long and then the teams are so unbalanced.
    Overall, this is nearly a perfect, maybe the best competitive online game ever. I love Overwatch and can recommend it to anynone.
  47. Jul 13, 2021
    I have to say Overwatch on the Switch really is good to see for the hybrid consel. Its has hours and hours of fun and i always find a great group to play with. Runs smooth and plays smooth. Good job Blizzard/Nintendo
  48. Mar 10, 2022
    games out of politics, juegos fuera de la politica, jogos fora da política

Mixed or average reviews - based on 48 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 3, 2020
    The Overwatch port for Switch suffers from technical issues which alter the otherwise fluid and fast gameplay of Blizzard's shooter. The Switch Pro controller is essential for everyone who plans to spend more than a couple of hours with this version.
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 25, 2019
    The Switch version is ideal for couch gaming and the gyro controls change everything... even if from the technical standpoint the game has some real problems. [13/2019, p.81]
  3. Nov 25, 2019
    In the end, Overwatch works well as a port. It's almost boring to talk about, as it aims to be as faithful to the existing versions as possible. It's not a technical marvel, and that may rightfully turn you off, but it's a feature-complete and portable version that is best for quick drop-in matches when you just want a casual match in Overwatch.