6.2

1. Oct 16, 2019
    The Gyro Aim is bad and laggy. The game is unplayable. I'll keep play Paladins.
  2. Oct 18, 2019
    The game looks great and runs great when you consider the hardware its running on. The game is more than playable, coming from someone with the strongest PC you can build. However there are some issues:

1) LAG. There's so much lag that you will get very frustrated trying to play. I've never seen so much lag in a switch game 2) Cheating. I run into multiple people outright hacking the

2) Cheating. I run into multiple people outright hacking the game. They take no damage, they don't miss a single headshot, they shoot through walls, or they 1-shot kill everyone. Something has to be done about this. It's extremely frustrating.
    3) The game has been turned into a cluster f**k. The balance is badly off and people have settled into a setup that rarely varies. Some heroes are useless and others are on both teams in every game I've played.

Overall I like the game, but the problems are so frustrating that I hardly want to play it. I look forward to Blizzard fixing this. Lag will always be a problem, but the cheating is out of hand.
  3. Oct 16, 2019
    While this is definitely a rock solid port, Overwatch on Switch (OverSwitch?) still has the two main issues that plagued the other versions over the years: Lack of real progression and terrible balance. The game's progression system is still unchanged. You level based on time played mostly and the sole reward for leveling up are loot boxes for cosmetics. That's it. Your performance doesn'tWhile this is definitely a rock solid port, Overwatch on Switch (OverSwitch?) still has the two main issues that plagued the other versions over the years: Lack of real progression and terrible balance. The game's progression system is still unchanged. You level based on time played mostly and the sole reward for leveling up are loot boxes for cosmetics. That's it. Your performance doesn't dictate anything and what you get is set in stone, no room for true individuality. This has always been a problem since the original release as games from over a decade ago had addicting progression systems down like a science.

Then there's the balance. While it isn't as bad as some previous times in the game's life (like when Brigitte was released), there's still balance problems that hurt the experience drastically and can lead to immense frustration. Junkrat is still the biggest problem since Brig was nerfed. His damage output is insane, his tire charges way too fast and is way too powerful and he takes absolutely no damage from any of his own explosives, meaning he is just a mindless massive damage output machine with no risks and his fast charging ultimate is at least two free kills. He can even active his tire and explode it right in front of himself to kill multiple people while dealing absolutely no damage to himself. You know who can't do that at all? Pharah, so this is clearly a case of no consistency in design and it makes Junkrat a nightmare. Some other characters have their share of issues, but Junkrat has been needing a real nerf for so long and nothing has happened.

So yeah. If you don't care about either of those things, then this port is perfect for you as the visuals are top notch and while it runs at 30fps and it has some dips when the action goes nuts, it still performs far better than I expected especially with the visual fidelity staying intact. I just wish the game felt more fulfilling.
  4. Jan 10, 2020
    This version of Overwatch brings all the headaches of all the others (unfair matchmaking, unbalanced heros, etc) and also adds in the downside of stiff controls and a 30FPS cap, I have no doubt with a little more optimization on the CPU side of things and maybe a dynamic resolution or slightly reworked assets instead of just “PCs lowest settings” they could have hit 60FPS most of the timeThis version of Overwatch brings all the headaches of all the others (unfair matchmaking, unbalanced heros, etc) and also adds in the downside of stiff controls and a 30FPS cap, I have no doubt with a little more optimization on the CPU side of things and maybe a dynamic resolution or slightly reworked assets instead of just “PCs lowest settings” they could have hit 60FPS most of the time but this feels just like a money grab in my opinion with low effort, the only reason it’s getting a 1 and not a 0 is because you can actually play it on the go. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2020
    A truly missed opportunity, this could have been a much better port. The game itself is deserving of a 0 just based on the broken matchmaking, community, and gameplay but I'm giving it a 3 just because it made it to the switch. The main point here is framerate, its 30FPS, this should not be the case or there should be an option for 60FPS with reduced quality. The game engine though is CPUA truly missed opportunity, this could have been a much better port. The game itself is deserving of a 0 just based on the broken matchmaking, community, and gameplay but I'm giving it a 3 just because it made it to the switch. The main point here is framerate, its 30FPS, this should not be the case or there should be an option for 60FPS with reduced quality. The game engine though is CPU bottlenecked so instead of fixing that or optimizing it for the switch I'm guessing they took the minimal effort to plop it on the switch or just decided to do minimal optimization since they didnt think it would sell much. The controls are way to stiff as well regardless of if you have the pro controller or not. Basically if you have any other way to play this game and for some reason want to then do that, avoid this version. Expand
  6. Oct 13, 2020
    Blizzard has a long road from making games for gamers to calculating monitorezations for consumers. This company doesn't see its fans as people, but as wallets. This game is long dead, my friend got account banned for alleged abusive chat after he spend hundreds of dollars on loot boxes and they didn't provide any explanations or reasons. So if you buy the game prepare yourself it can beBlizzard has a long road from making games for gamers to calculating monitorezations for consumers. This company doesn't see its fans as people, but as wallets. This game is long dead, my friend got account banned for alleged abusive chat after he spend hundreds of dollars on loot boxes and they didn't provide any explanations or reasons. So if you buy the game prepare yourself it can be taken without any explanations and you are not getting your money back. This game is a scam Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 48 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 3, 2020
    The Overwatch port for Switch suffers from technical issues which alter the otherwise fluid and fast gameplay of Blizzard's shooter. The Switch Pro controller is essential for everyone who plans to spend more than a couple of hours with this version.
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 25, 2019
    The Switch version is ideal for couch gaming and the gyro controls change everything... even if from the technical standpoint the game has some real problems. [13/2019, p.81]
  3. Nov 25, 2019
    In the end, Overwatch works well as a port. It's almost boring to talk about, as it aims to be as faithful to the existing versions as possible. It's not a technical marvel, and that may rightfully turn you off, but it's a feature-complete and portable version that is best for quick drop-in matches when you just want a casual match in Overwatch.