7.0

1. Oct 14, 2017
    With gorgeous visuals and fun gameplay, Pankapu will clearly please platform fans, but it does pain me to ponder just how good it could have been. Indeed, with a more sympathetic score and a little more consideration here and there, Pankapu could have been genuinely very special. As it stands however, it falls agonisingly short of that status. Which for me, is a real pity.
  2. Aug 21, 2020
    I am a big fan of such a platform game. I did not even know this game existed until I found it on sale on the Switch eshop. I picked it up and I was very surprised, its actually a 7-ish game. Nice graphics and music and the levels are fun to complete also pretty challenging. I also liked that the game uses stage selection and not a metroidvania kind of map because I hate that as hell. II am a big fan of such a platform game. I did not even know this game existed until I found it on sale on the Switch eshop. I picked it up and I was very surprised, its actually a 7-ish game. Nice graphics and music and the levels are fun to complete also pretty challenging. I also liked that the game uses stage selection and not a metroidvania kind of map because I hate that as hell. I really would hope for another game that is similar from those developers. Well done Guys!
    My only complaint that through the last part of the game stages gets very challenging and frustrating in a boring and not fun way. There were no need for that at all. To compare it to games like Unruly Heroes that game is amazing and a solid 9.
  3. Oct 2, 2017
    The graphics are really pretty, and the concept is pretty good. The play control was good but nowhere near great (especially in the air), but overall a decent game if you're in the mood for a platformer. I'd say it's worth the 10$ if you're a fan of the genre and in between other games.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 30, 2017
    Pankapu has an interesting plot and a very good visual presentation going for it but the game's execution ends up falling in a rather repetitive line that has been seen before many times. For skilled players, the difficulty level will certainly be a welcome asset but more care and variety could have gone into the game's level design.
  2. Oct 11, 2017
    If you need a 2D platforming fix you can't go far wrong with Pankapu. While the polished, crisp, beautiful presentation and gameplay are engaging enough, it is nevertheless slightly let down by a few elements that affect the beat by beat and overall flow of the game. The charming characters and parallel narrative are intriguing, and while the resonant themes, fantastical atmosphere and wonderful locales enchant and are especially vibrant on a big screen, the controls aren't quite tight or precise enough considering the challenging level design an enemy combat. An enjoyable game, if not quite as strong as it could have been.
    Despite its shortcomings, I really did enjoy my time playing through Pankapu. At its core it's a solid action/platformer, with a beautiful aesthetic and captivating sound track. The difficulty spikes combined with the frequent load times can definitely test your patience, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives. So if you're in the mood for a pleasant platformer, the dreamy world of Pankapu just might be the game for you.