7.0

1. Jan 22, 2023
    While the "ideal" version of P3 would be the in-game animation & cutscenes of P3 FES (along with it's epilogue, "The Answer"), combined with P3P's direct command of your party and an additional campaign, for now P3P is the best option for you to play P3 in terms of gameplay. Let's just hope for that official remake combining all the best parts of Persona 3 into one definitive package.
  2. Jan 24, 2023
    I played the Persona series essentially in reverse; starting from 5 and the progressing to 4 and 3. You can see the breakthrough that Atlus has achieved in this installment. The negative point is more because of Tartarus itself, which was quite repetitive in today's standard. But the storyline and combat was first class. This is THE installment that need a big makeover to be on parI played the Persona series essentially in reverse; starting from 5 and the progressing to 4 and 3. You can see the breakthrough that Atlus has achieved in this installment. The negative point is more because of Tartarus itself, which was quite repetitive in today's standard. But the storyline and combat was first class. This is THE installment that need a big makeover to be on par with today's standards. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2023
    P3 is still a great game but desperately needs a remake. Please listen to the fans Sega/Atlus!!
  4. Jan 26, 2023
    No deja de ser un Persona. Buena historia con muy buenos combates. Pero lo veo todo demasiado desangelado y hasta repetitivo. Todo se resume en recorrer el mismo pasillo aleatorio, solo que va cambiando de color. No hay sensación de progresión.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 24, 2023
    The trimmed-down-for-PSP presentation of Persona 3 Portable was an overall detriment to the game in 2009/2010, and it hurts it even more in 2023. Some nasty upscaling works against the stylish UI and excellent character art, and I do at least wish the removed animated cut-scenes had been reinstated for this version. Even with all of that in mind, this is still a great JRPG. Challenging, compelling gameplay mechanics combined with a strong story and a fantastic soundtrack make this an easy pick-up for fans of the genre and series alike, even if one can’t help but wish for a less compromised version.
  2. Jan 24, 2023
    Persona 3 Portable is an entertaining JRPG that is quirky and a little bit dark. The friendship and romance simulation gameplay is interspersed nicely with the battle elements and will keep many-a-gamer entertained for a multitude of hours.
  3. Jan 18, 2023
    Persona 3 Portable, as a game, is incredible and this revisit has made me realize how much it means to me. I get the disappointment, I do, but as a modern version, I think it holds up alright. This game deserves better, and I think if the backgrounds weren’t sticking out like a sore thumb this would be a glowing recommendation. As of now I can really just say that if you play this on Nintendo Switch you’re in for a good time.