3.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 21, 2022
    Llevo jugando Pokémon desde Diamante/Perla y debo decir que este juego ha sido de los más disfrutables hasta la fecha, te plantean varios objetivos para cumplir a parte de poder completar una Pokedex con un mundo repleto de nuevos Pokémon y de otras generaciones, tiene una jugabilidad que te engancha y te hace no querer parar de jugar. Es simplemente un juego maravilloso, me encanta.
  2. Nov 20, 2022
    Game good, performance baaaaaaaad. Like, really bad. Seriously, it's my only problem with this otherwise amazing game.
  3. Nov 20, 2022
    Overall a great Pokémon experience with some refreshing new elements that make for a sophisticated playthrough experience. Certainly, it is dimmed a little by the partially poor graphics (for TV players, especially), but hopefully this can be fixed in the future. High hopes!!
  4. Nov 20, 2022
    Lots of fun , performance could of been better had release been pushed back but if you love all things pokemon then this is still a great game.
  5. Nov 20, 2022
    Es cierto que pueda tener algunos bugs, pero ninguno afecta a la jugabilidad. Es el primer mundo abierto real en Pokémon (ya que Arceus no era abierto del todo). Buena jugabilidad. Buen ritmo. Mucho que explorar.
  6. Nov 20, 2022
    This is the most entertaining Pokémon game I have played to date despite glaring issues. Overall, I think the exploration and freedom of this game make it feel like the most fun Pokémon game I have ever played with a downfall of glaring performance issues. However, if I can love gen 1 despite being the buggiest game ever than I can love this game too can't I. Full review below
  7. Nov 20, 2022
    The story and the characters are compelling and fun, the climax of the story actually made me nervous and felt bad for one of the characters and even cried for a bit (something rare for Pokémon games). The gameplay is fun and moving around the map rewards you with rare items and hidden areas. Although the optimization of the game is very bad, I played the game on handheld mode and it ranThe story and the characters are compelling and fun, the climax of the story actually made me nervous and felt bad for one of the characters and even cried for a bit (something rare for Pokémon games). The gameplay is fun and moving around the map rewards you with rare items and hidden areas. Although the optimization of the game is very bad, I played the game on handheld mode and it ran ok, but the graphics and textures are weird and buggy also noclipping is common and other optimization issues happen all the time, although it did not break my immersion. I believe in a patch they will fix some of these issues. Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2022
    proformas wise the game needs work nothing else to say, but gameplay and story wise it's a really great game and I hope Gamefreak fixes the problems,
  9. Nov 19, 2022
    Although Sword and Shield have a special place in my heart, this game improves many things on the overall franchise.
    I won't stop saying it, with each game the franchise gets better.
  10. Nov 19, 2022
    Solo hay una palabra que describiría a este juego:
    'Adicción'
    Lo digo en serio, desde que uno es rescatado por el legendario hasta llegar a la liga y ver el desenlace de este, es un viaje lleno de capturas y batallas donde el flujo de la diversión no se detiene ningun segundo.
    Tiene uno de los mejores introductorios vistos en un Pokémon.
  11. Nov 21, 2022
    I have a lot of fun in the game, I don't want to stop playing, I'm not going to be hypocritical that the game has some framerate drops and a few bugs here and there, but the fact that the game is very good, it would be better with correction.
  12. Nov 21, 2022
    I think this game is a very pleasant experience. The only problems people are complaining about are that 1. Bugs 2. Performance issues. I have only encountered some performance issues after running the game for a long time, but otherwise this is an amazing game.
  13. Nov 21, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know that the graphics are mid and the performance is terrible with loads of glitches but this game makes it up with an open world done right. The open world graphics aren't the best but discovering the open world is something I thought Game Freak would do a horribly job switching to open world but they did an amazing job. They let you do what you want to do in any order. It only needs some polish to be perfect Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2022
    One of the best Pokemon games so far. The story is fantastic and I love many of the characters. It would be better with voice acting but maybe the next game will. It has graphic and performance issues sure but a patch will probably fix those issues. A few graphic issues don't bother me so long as they aren't game breaking and so far no issues there. If if anything this just goes to showOne of the best Pokemon games so far. The story is fantastic and I love many of the characters. It would be better with voice acting but maybe the next game will. It has graphic and performance issues sure but a patch will probably fix those issues. A few graphic issues don't bother me so long as they aren't game breaking and so far no issues there. If if anything this just goes to show we need a switch 2 that is more powerful. This could be so much more but even as it is I love it and will play it again and again Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2022
    This game is really fun and engaging but it suffers from major performance issues. The good news is that game freak is most likely working on it so this review is solely based on hope but that hope is whats driving to continue playing this game
  16. Nov 20, 2022
    Best actual story and gameplay in years. There's technical problems but I've been playing since the GBA era and this is so close to the perfect game.
  17. Nov 20, 2022
    Es una joya,ni arceus,ni espada ni escudo se le acercan,no hay otro igual,se merece un premio,es una obra de artes.
  18. Nov 20, 2022
    Honestly amazing, yes the game has a few technical issues but the gameplay is fantastic and the open world is pretty big, every single corner of the world has a thing to do, whether it be a new item to pick up, Pokemon to catch, tera raid battle to participate in, or piece of lore to dissect, the world feels extremely full. Most of the bugs are very small and won’t really bother youHonestly amazing, yes the game has a few technical issues but the gameplay is fantastic and the open world is pretty big, every single corner of the world has a thing to do, whether it be a new item to pick up, Pokemon to catch, tera raid battle to participate in, or piece of lore to dissect, the world feels extremely full. Most of the bugs are very small and won’t really bother you because of how good the gameplay cycle is. I understand how some may not like the game because of bugs and technical issues but I feel like those people only care about the negatives and don’t look at the positives.

I would recommend buying, although if you want to you can wait for an update to fix some of the games issues. 9/10
  19. Nov 20, 2022
    This is my new favorite pokemon game. Yes, it has performance issues. Other than that it's a perfect entry to the franchise, and the most fun I've had playing a pokemon game in years other than Arceus.
  20. Nov 19, 2022
    The game has some serious and intense issues from a technical standpoint, but the core of the game is probably the best main series Pokemon has been in years. The open areas are fun to explore, despite how ugly the landscapes are. Game feels unfinished and extremely unpolished, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun.
  21. Nov 20, 2022
    Good open world Pokemon game. It looks retro and nice. It can run a little janky. Acceptable as is, though of course we'll all hope for a performance patch. But Link's Awakening never ran well either.
  22. Nov 20, 2022
    Don't let discord raiders and haters try to ruin your enjoyment if this game. These games are honestly the best pokémon games ever released.
  23. Nov 20, 2022
    Excelente videojuego muy divertido. Recomendado a todos para compra sin lugar a dudas
  24. Nov 20, 2022
    El juego está de fábula pibes. Es cierto que gráficamente se ve como una game boy pero más allá de eso tenemos una región muy disfrutable y una historia profunda como en las primeras gens.
    Deja a un lado los bugs y dale una oportunidad a pokemon Españita.
  25. Nov 20, 2022
    I really like it so far. The new Mons are pretty cool and fun to use, the whole academy-thing feels pretty unique and the Open World is perfect. Can only recommend!
  26. Nov 20, 2022
    It always feel like the small development cycle of game freak will never produce the top AAA game the serie deserves.

Nonetheless, a lot of freedom and openness makes this game wonderful to play at, after those 20+ years playing the serie. It's fresh and well received as a new formula.
  27. Nov 20, 2022
    completely unplayable disaster, every Pokémon evolves from Bidoof for some reason, and the gym leader in the second town steals your social security number

28. Nov 20, 2022
    Estou super viciado no game. Tem certos bugs, que eu acho que deveriam ter sido lançado sem eles, porém não compromete a gameplay. Espero que lancem em breve um update pra corrigi-los.
  29. Nov 20, 2022
    Es el mejor juego de Pokémon jamás creado, la historia es la mejor de todos los juegos, si eres fan de Pokémon te recomiendo 100% que te lo compres, y si no eres fan te invito a que al menos le des una oportunidad
  30. Nov 20, 2022
    I believe the game is sufficiently fun and immersive. All the new mechanics and the freedom to choose which path to take are surprisingly positive for the franchise. It is undeniable that visual errors are annoying for those who have a keen eye for these things, but in no way do these errors interfere on the gameplay. Attention is needed for these errors, so that future games do notI believe the game is sufficiently fun and immersive. All the new mechanics and the freedom to choose which path to take are surprisingly positive for the franchise. It is undeniable that visual errors are annoying for those who have a keen eye for these things, but in no way do these errors interfere on the gameplay. Attention is needed for these errors, so that future games do not repeat. But, that doesn't make the game any smaller; in fact, it has the potential to be one of the best games in the franchise. Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2022
    Pokemon S/V is a ton of fun. It has a fantastic gameplay loop that improves on the last few Pokemon Games. The new characters and pokemon designs are all entertaining and enjoyable. I always felt like there was something to do. The main story took me about 40 hours to complete. It definitely had me smiling almost all the way through.
    I had two issues with this game. The first isn't very
    I had two issues with this game. The first isn't very clear where it wants you to go next. However, this is easily solved with a guide. The second is its performance. While playing I didn't encounter any major glitches. I did come across quite a few minor visual bugs but nothing game-breaking. Honestly, I feel as if most people are blowing these glitches out of proportion. I've played much worse games that were just outright unplayable. This on the other hand is very playable and quite enjoyable.
    I love the 3 storylines. All three were very fun and well-written. Better than almost every story that has been presented in the Pokemon universe. The music in the game was catchy and memorable besides a few odd choices later in the game. I found that the online works well enough for the game. While some patches could be used to fix some of the awkward visual bugs I felt that the online worked well and I didn't have any issues connecting with friends to roam this amazing open world together. Another major highlight for me is the terra raids. I loved connecting with friends and random players online to compete in these raids. These raids work a lot better than they did in sword and shield. I also think game freak did a great job streamlining the way competitive pokemon works and the way breeding works in this game. I hope game freak gets around to creating a patch for some of the visual issues so the talk can start forming around everything amazing these games did right. If you are on the fence and are okay with a few visual glitches id say give this game a shot. If visual glitches run your fun well id skip out on it or wait till there is a patch. As a final word, these games kept me smiling and it was very hard to pull away from the addicting gameplay loop.
  32. Nov 21, 2022
    performance issues aside (which i haven’t experienced at all) this game is the best pokémon game we’ve ever gotten
  33. Nov 20, 2022
    Metacritic administrators, please, control this nonsense, many people are creating fake accounts to fill this game with 0's (something that can be clearly seen by entering their profiles)
    No game on the face of this earth can deserve a 0, it is an unfounded grade.
    No game on the face of this earth can deserve a 0, it is an unfounded grade.

As someone who has played it, everything said about it is a complete exaggeration, the technical side really isn't that bad.
    Other than that, as an RPG it's brilliant and as an open world Pokémon it's the best it's ever seen, the wide variety of playable creatures is incredible, and the fighting is more than entertaining.
  34. Nov 21, 2022
    Nota 10 mesmo com todos os problemas o jogo é muito bom. Confio que a game freak irá corrigir isso. Não acho necessário localização para português, inglês é o suficiente desde que o primeiro jogo foi lançado.
  35. Nov 21, 2022
    I can't believe im about to defend modern pokemon but here we go; as someone who's played pokemon since 4 years old 98' this game is actually **** fantastic. At the time of this review im 13 hours in with a ~120 caught dex count and have only explored maybe 25% of the map. I'm playing on a day 1 switch docked and have had 0 crashes, though, I'm no stranger to switch games crashing due toI can't believe im about to defend modern pokemon but here we go; as someone who's played pokemon since 4 years old 98' this game is actually **** fantastic. At the time of this review im 13 hours in with a ~120 caught dex count and have only explored maybe 25% of the map. I'm playing on a day 1 switch docked and have had 0 crashes, though, I'm no stranger to switch games crashing due to how **** the hardware is.

This game gives you something that has been lacking in pokemon for over a decade; the freedom and liberty to explore and immerse yourself into the giant world your put into. Exploring is both fun and rewarding whether it be finding new pokemon spieces, tms, items, materials, raid areas, etc. This a BIG improvement over the empty/tiny routes and "guided tour" feeling of gens 7 and 8 and an especially HUGE improvement to SWSH's barren wild area. Simply put, the routes and cities are all a lot like they are in arceus but without being gated by how many Pokemon you caught and to get the most out of this game you have to play it like arceus; you have to want to genuinely enjoy exploring the world and completely the pokedex. if you're hoping to just run through the game going trainer to trainer until you reach the champion, you wont get any satisfaction out of this.

While I too would love an official pokemon game with challenging battles i've come to accept that its simply not something GF would ever do due to them wanting to keep this game accessible to everyone. This new style provides a much more fun and engaging experience than half assing the gameboy formula in 3d, while at the same time tying the franchise more closely with its tagline of "gotta catch em all". If you want a challenging pokemon game, play and support rom hacks and fan games. There are tons of fantastic ones that fans have pour their hearts and souls into.

The game does lack polish, tips of character models feet and hands will clip through things. There is occasional slowdown most noticeably during trainer and wild pokemon battles, but nothing enough to ruin the game. When models are far the game has them in that low-res choppy animation, if you played SMT V you'll know what im talking about. Again not something that makes or breaks the game but not something the highest grossing franchise in the world should have in their game.

The graphics, while not perfect, are a HUGE step up from the lifeless husks and bland areas of SM/SWSH. While I will always prefer the pixel art of generation 5 I love how vibrant the world looks and the character and pokemon models are emotive and expressive.

There's no secret that this game has glitches, most of the ones I've seen on twitter are graphical glitches. The only one I've encountered in my 13h of gameplay was one single pokemon not loading causing a battle with an invisible wild pokemon. There are however, incredibly helpful or fun to do glitches, such as jumping backwards on your mount not making you slip off of cliffs or encountering pokemon in certain angles letting you skip past obstacles because your characters model "jumps back" when they enter a battle. As someone whos favourite things about RBY are the plethora of glitches to mess around with, glitches like this are an absolute joy and i sincerely hope the ones like the two i mentioned above don't get patched.

Tl;dr great game but poorly optimized for **** hardware, hopefully the series continues to go in this direction because the core of scarlet and violet is fantastic.
    Rated 10 to offset review bombs
    objective score: low 8/high 7
    personal score: low 9.
  36. Nov 20, 2022
    Review bombing the game will only encourage Gamefreak to go back to their old formula and never innovate again. This game has many quality of life improvements and fun additions that are moving the Pokémon games in the right direction. It’s a very fun game with so much to do and so many places to explore. The negative reviews do not do this game justice.
  37. Nov 21, 2022
    For me, the best Pokemon game I've ever played. Relaxing with cliffs + ocean scenery which I love. I love collecting Pokemons, just building my Eeveeolutions team.

Too bad the game is too easy and too candy. I would prefer it to be at least Pegi +12, with difficulty raised, and visible injuries on Pokemons. Also hey Nintendo, time to upgrade Switch to the next game, because the

Also hey Nintendo, time to upgrade Switch to the next game, because the hardware clearly cannot keep up with this game.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this game, to any Pokemon fan.
  38. Nov 21, 2022
    The best story and quality of life improvements in the franchise yet. The new mons are great, the region is amazing, and the pretty good open world (in addition to all of the above) truly sets it apart as the overall best Pokemon mainseries game thus far. The technical issues were close to warrant dropping a point or two, until I finished the story and realized that I was tearing up. TheseThe best story and quality of life improvements in the franchise yet. The new mons are great, the region is amazing, and the pretty good open world (in addition to all of the above) truly sets it apart as the overall best Pokemon mainseries game thus far. The technical issues were close to warrant dropping a point or two, until I finished the story and realized that I was tearing up. These are truly amazing games. Don't heed negative reviews from people who refunded it after 30 minutes of not being able to handle the admittedly poor textures. Expand
  39. Nov 21, 2022
    This game has a lot going for it. Catching Pokemon is really fun, the new designs are really interesting, and the overworld is well-designed. However, there are a few key flaws that hold this game from greatness.

Firstly, the elephant in the room. While I haven't experienced many performance issues myself, it is certainly an issue that can't be ignored. At worst, it is quite simply a major embarrassment for Game Freak.

Next, there's the cities. They all just feel empty and lifeless, in no small part due to most shops being turned into menus and not being able to enter buildings. It almost feels like a demo at times, even with all the people walking around.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game, but it leaves a lot to be desired, and really could have used more time in the oven. It's a shame delaying Pokemon games really isn't an option due to merch.
  40. Nov 21, 2022
    ignore the bad notes. the game is beautiful and innovative, best pokemon. Performance issues will be fixed in future updates.
  41. Nov 21, 2022
    Fortnite também kkk já percebi isso ontem pro pirata mas não sei se tem vinagre de alho e o
  42. Nov 20, 2022
    My review is handheld only. I don't play in docked mode. I don't even know if my dock works. Switch OLED. I've put in many hours into Pokemon Violet and played so much today that I'm physically tired. 41 of my 140 friends bought Violet/Scarlet so far. 90% have put in over 5 hours. 70% over 10 hours. The only game more people on my list bought and played more is Mario kart. Everybody isMy review is handheld only. I don't play in docked mode. I don't even know if my dock works. Switch OLED. I've put in many hours into Pokemon Violet and played so much today that I'm physically tired. 41 of my 140 friends bought Violet/Scarlet so far. 90% have put in over 5 hours. 70% over 10 hours. The only game more people on my list bought and played more is Mario kart. Everybody is playing and I can't get Pokemon off my mind. So many Pokemon to catch. I get geeked when I discover a new Pokemon I haven't caught yet. I'm excited. I bought Pokemon sword and shield and hated them, bought Pokemon Arceus and hated it to. I haven't played a Pokemon game this much since the original. I had to deduct a point because some of the frame drops from time to time and some pop in, but none of this is game breaking, especially with what all this game is trying to achieve. It's a pretty game, with weather effects and personally I liked the graphics. This world is overflowing with life and sounds. I also liked how easy it is to throw a poke ball, I liked seeing my character, my Pokemon and the enemy Pokemon. I liked that I could call my Pokemon to quick fight in the area and collect level up points. I liked the music. I liked the hd rumble and wish they used it more. I don't like how my Pokemon evolves, but that's my fault because I chose him. So Pikachu is now my quarterback Pokemon and I benched quaxly. I love everything about this game, it's freedom, it's open world structure. I didn't like the five hour tutorial of reading and wish Pokemon would graduate into voice acting. Is it perfect? No, but when you've got me daydreaming about your game, I'm going to say you did it well and when I add all the things I like with all the things I don't like I would give the game a solid 8.5/10 Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2022
    We all know about the graphics and performance issues but the actual game is incredible. Best since gen 5.
  44. Nov 19, 2022
    It joins to the best Game Freak games along with titles like: Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Ultra Moon, Sword&Shield+Expansion and Legends Arceus"".

The anger and fury that many are showing here with the red 0s seems honestly immature to me. Playable is fun and has an ideal progression system. Over the days, people who played the game authentically and legally will give their positive

Playable is fun and has an ideal progression system. Over the days, people who played the game authentically and legally will give their positive ratings to the game (because its a good game despite some glitches), reversing the bad scores of those who played it illegally before it came out and dont like Pokémon really.
  45. Nov 19, 2022
    The same is a lot of fun, the open world is very big and is a joy to explore. I love the characters and new pokemon. Sure there are some performance issues, but they will be patched out at which point I would up this to a 10. This version has some better exclusives however.
  46. Nov 19, 2022
    Just excellent, there aren't many other words to describe how well Game Freak and TPCI has managed to deal with an open world game. After polishing and improving the current system for years.
    Its a game that everyone has to play, only playing it is understood because despite the average graphics, one falls in love and plays endlessly.
  47. Nov 19, 2022
    Yes Yes Yes yes Yes.
    This is the game many of us have been waiting for.
    Although I didn't dislike the linear formula of the Pokémon of yesteryear at all.
    This open world approach is more than correct. I loved touring the plains of Paldea with Koraidon.
  48. Nov 19, 2022
    When I said that Legends Arceus would be nominated for best RPG of the year, I was not wrong.
    Many people doubt Game Freak when they have always done their job with passion and dedication to maintaining consistency.
    Scarlet and Violet are no exception, tremendously fun games and full of things to do.
    The simplified RPG par excellence and that should be an example to follow.
  49. Nov 19, 2022
    En un fandom lleno de hipocresía y gente que se pelea por nimiedades como gráficos. Donde impera el discurso de odio sobre la gente que simplemente disfruta lo que Pokémon plantea en su esencia. Este juego que une dos corrientes de gusto común (mundo abierto y tradicionalismo), en donde la literal premisa trata de cómo intenta el pasado como el futuro coexistir.
    Es la cura que necesitaba
    Es la cura que necesitaba el fandom para dejar de ser tan divisivo y abandonar esa dinámica de 'Haters vs Fans'. Pero veo que aunque hay gente reacia, muchos estamos disfrutando la aventura que Paldea presenta con sus mecánicas tradicionales de la tan amada fórmula Pokémon y la tendencia actual de implementar el mundo abierto.
  50. Nov 20, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No he tenido ni un bug durante toda la historia (ya que estos están ocurriendo la mayoría en emulador) solo el problema de fps en los personajes secundarios y traseros, nada que no se arregle con un parche. La historia ha sido de las mejores de la saga, entiendo que no sea un juego que llene a todos pero se está llevando crítica de más de gente que ni lo ha jugado ni acabado y de verdad no perdáis la oportunidad porque es increíble. Expand
  51. Nov 23, 2022
    El mejor juego de la saga. No me he encontrado ni 1 bug, solo caídas de FPs puntuales. La historia es SUBLIME. No puedo hacer nada más que aplaudir. La banda sonora es de LAS MEJORES ue he escuchado. No es normal. Tenía expectativas altas, pero las ha superado.
  52. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokémon escarlate e violeta são obras-primas, também sou a primeira revisão, o que é bom, mas vá jogar este jogo
  53. Nov 20, 2022
    Despite the technical problems, the gameplay and story of this game are the best of Pokemon; if you like open worlds and Pokemon, this is your game.
    And about the performance, of course, not the best but not as bad as some say, and also could be patched in the future.
  54. Nov 19, 2022
    De lo mejor en el catálogo exclusivo del Switch, lo recomiendo al 100%
    Excelente para los niños como los adultos, yo lo disfrute al igual que mis hijos.
    Realmente me quedo perpleja al ver tantas críticas negativas, de donde salen y basadas en que?, el juego cumple en casi todos sus aspectos.
  55. Nov 21, 2022
    Overall a great Pokemon game, just a little buggy, but I hope it get fixed soon
  56. Nov 19, 2022
    Meraviglioso mondo aperto, pieno di pokémon con interazioni in base al loro ambiente e con un ottimo sistema di combattimento che migliora con ogni titolo.
  57. Nov 19, 2022
    Juego igual de maravilloso que Leyendas Arceus y Espada y Escudo, pero mejorando el apartado gráfico que afligía a los antes mencionados.
    RPG familiar de altisima calidad.
  58. Nov 19, 2022
    De los mejores RPG's que salieron en el año compartiendo la corona con Xenoblade Chronicles 3, otro exclusivo de Nintendo.
    La gente necesita tranquilizarse y saber disfrutar un buen Pokémon, hay mucho odio en el aire.
    Muchas gracias Game Freak.
  59. Nov 19, 2022
    Lovely game with cute and funny characters, a story that I liked more than previous titles like Black & White, and an open world never seen before.
  60. Nov 19, 2022
    Come on is not that terrible! Is fun and we'll thought out despite the performance issues
  61. Nov 21, 2022
    Just doing my part to counter the trolls...................................
  62. Nov 19, 2022
    Si tuviera que elegir entre los dos monster catchers del mercado, Pokémon con Escarlata y Púrpura, o Digimon Survive, me quedo de calle con Pokémon el cual es un RPG de captura con exploración mientras el otro es una novela visual.
    Realmente me gusto la historia y los combates en este nuevo Pokémon
  63. Nov 19, 2022
    Miraidon is cute. Mencia una diosa, fuecoco god el juego es muuuuuuuuy divertido
  64. Nov 19, 2022
    Nice game, but not perfect. But 300$? Costs an arm and a leg. But, the game is ok, i like it.
  65. Nov 19, 2022
    Amazing game, highly recommend it, worth every penny

Pokémon in its maximum expression.
  66. Nov 20, 2022
    El juego es increíble, cierto que su optimización es mala, pero se siente libre y muy diferente
  67. Nov 19, 2022
    The game itself is fun. Compared to sword and shield, this game does show that Game Freak at least poured effort into this. The world is very lovely and nice and the freedom the game gives you is great. The characters are amazing as well and I can say that this is a good pokémon game. However, the fact that it runs absolutely horrible compared to other more demanding games on the switch isThe game itself is fun. Compared to sword and shield, this game does show that Game Freak at least poured effort into this. The world is very lovely and nice and the freedom the game gives you is great. The characters are amazing as well and I can say that this is a good pokémon game. However, the fact that it runs absolutely horrible compared to other more demanding games on the switch is really absurd. The textures also are not the very best but I personally do not mind it. If the game were released without the stuttering, lags, and frame drops, I can say this is one of the best pokémon games out there. Expand
  68. Nov 19, 2022
    Questo gioco è bellissimo quelli che lo criticano non capiscono nulla adesso basta
  69. Nov 20, 2022
    The game is amazing. Yes it has massive performance issues but a die-hard Pokémon fan does not play the games bc of graphics or performance. Everyone who cries about that is no Pokémon fan and should just leave.
  70. Nov 19, 2022
    The best of the best, and one of the most entertaining games of the year.
    I don't understand the commotion that is being talked about on Twitter, as soon as I started with it, I can't stop catching Pokémon.
    Seriously, they have put a lot of care into the animations in this installment.
  71. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokémon Scarlet/Violet certainly doesn't deserve a rating above 90. But it really irritates me how the game was rated by the press in comparison to Legends Arceus. And now how they were rated by the community, too. I don't think the game is a step backwards on that. Yes, the game sometimes runs with less fps than in Legends Arceus. But the graphics look better overall. In addition, therePokémon Scarlet/Violet certainly doesn't deserve a rating above 90. But it really irritates me how the game was rated by the press in comparison to Legends Arceus. And now how they were rated by the community, too. I don't think the game is a step backwards on that. Yes, the game sometimes runs with less fps than in Legends Arceus. But the graphics look better overall. In addition, there are many things that make Scarlet and Violet better. The open world, for example, fascinates me even more. Unfortunately my english is not the best. So let's make it short: Scarlett and Violet are one of the best Pokémon Games I have ever played. I would normally give an 8. But I want to counter the bad ratings. The games definitely don't deserve a rating below 3. Expand
  72. Nov 19, 2022
    Don't listen to the obvious score/review bombing that from a troll community that hates Pokémon, they want to repeat the same falsification of scores that Sword/Shield received unfairly.
    I will tell the truth about this game, since I played it when came out and not a leaked version without a patch day 1.
    It is one of the best regions and it perfectly refines what has been achieved with Legends Arceus, graphically its a great leap in quality, and in terms of exploration, it is something that the saga would hardly have dreamed of years ago.
    Accessibility and quality of life improvements are much better, making the competitive something more open to all audiences.
    In story, its one of the best that the saga has had, and the inclusiveness that this game brings goes with the quality line that others have had in Nintendo lately.

I played with the patch day 1, and after passing the league, I have only found 1 bug, merely aesthetic and that didn't affect my experience at all.
    The only thing that could be improved is performance, but obviously patches are coming that will fix it.
  73. Nov 19, 2022
    It doesn't the same as CyberPunk 2077 at all!!
    This game is playable from start to finish and I didn't come across any game breaking bugs.
    What you see on the internet is called the nitpick effect, a small percentage of people report bugs that don't happen to the vast majority (like me). Outside of the controversy, it is a completely enjoyable game, and a great Pokémon (as it always
    It doesn't the same as CyberPunk 2077 at all!!

Outside of the controversy, it is a completely enjoyable game, and a great Pokémon (as it always is).
    Game Freak doesnt disappoint.
  74. Nov 19, 2022
    Best Pokemon games I’ve played so far. The open world nature provides the freedom to explore and to engage in combat whenever the player desires. Also,both local and online co-op provide an exciting new way to play and the bookshelves’ style Pokédex looks great. Would have been even better, if we could still aim and throw a Pokeball to immediately catch a Pokemon in the wild, like in Arceus
  75. Nov 19, 2022
    I think pokemon scarlet and violet are good games. The lags and bugs are so annoying tho. But i really like the open world. One thing i dont like is the teracrystallation. Just a bright low poly version of pokemon with goofy hats that make your defense and attacks a bit better or idk, not even new attacks. but overall w game
  76. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokémon scarlet and violet are masterpieces, also I’m first review which is nice but go play this game
  77. Nov 19, 2022
    As a fan, I feel offended by how the pokemon company had the courage to consider this an acceptable product. This game is a risk for our health, it has so many gigantic problems that literally gave me headaches, and hurt my eyes (not metaphorically).
  78. Nov 19, 2022
    Terrible performance would ruin this game even if it was pleasant as a game. Even in curated cutscenes in small rooms with a small number of characters on-screen, their animations drop to literal slideshows where you can count 2-3 individual frames in their looped animation.

Beyond being essentially non-functional on the technical side, the game's another creative downgrade. Player customization in terms of clothing has been almost entirely removed. The little bits we have left, like socks, hats and gloves clash with the game's uniforms.

Cities are basically empty. 90% of houses are inaccessible facades. And 90% of the remaining 10% are shop menus. You don't even enter a shop anymore and see customers/mannequins. It's just a menu where you select purchases from.

Lacking around half of all Pokemon is, of course, still a major turn-off from the franchise that, for over 2 decades, said "Gotta catch 'em all".

Awful games.
  79. Nov 19, 2022
    another disappointing pokemon game. these games are being rushed out way too fast. their bare bones, dumbed down, and don't even function properly. gamefreak learned nothing from the SWSH controversy.
  80. Nov 19, 2022
    This game was specifically made for this console and is worse then many better looking and better playing ports.
  81. Nov 19, 2022
    an irredeemable mess from a multi billion dollar franchise, Crashes/frame rate issues poor texture quality poor pop in poor texture pop in, dreadful music. the first game in the series I will be refunding.
  82. Nov 19, 2022
    Their arrogance went too far. It is a clear fraud to launch into the market without even doing basic testing.
  83. Nov 19, 2022
    People who give more than 6 don't know a sheep about videogames. When Cyberpunk released, everywhere get mad and called it a failure. Pokemon is full of bugs and glitch, worst game of 2022 because it has empty space, bad designed pokemon and FPS drops. How can anyone play this trash?
  84. Nov 19, 2022
    jesus christ how long did it take for them to make this game? 3 weeks? what on earth are these animations man its absolutely atrocious. lazy, unfinished and is not worth the money.

and now for the usual Awful graphics, awful controls, awful camera and bad theme. This is a pretty mediocre release in every way. Graphics are like welcome to five years ago. Were they blindfolded when

and now for the usual

Awful graphics, awful controls, awful camera and bad theme. This is a pretty mediocre release in every way. Graphics are like welcome to five years ago. Were they blindfolded when making the camera? Main character is boring. Hopefully this is the last game in the series
  85. Nov 19, 2022
    I'm a huge Pokemon fan, but the performance in these games are unacceptable. It almost never hits a steady framereate with terrible memory leak and slowdown. There is almost no anti aliasing anywhere in the game. This is an embarrassment for Nintendo who used to be about delivering a quality game. The graphics look comparable to games 20 years ago. I don't need photorealism, but thisI'm a huge Pokemon fan, but the performance in these games are unacceptable. It almost never hits a steady framereate with terrible memory leak and slowdown. There is almost no anti aliasing anywhere in the game. This is an embarrassment for Nintendo who used to be about delivering a quality game. The graphics look comparable to games 20 years ago. I don't need photorealism, but this doesn't even meet basic quality standards that most AAA games have. Shame on Gamefreak and Nintendo for releasing this abortion of a Pokemon title. Expand
  86. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokemon Violet will literally shift my behavior to purchase a hard copy in the future. It is nonrefundable with the digital version. I looked through hundreds of posts on twitter and decided to refund my preorder the day before it released, but it forced me to download. Even though I knew it would not be so great, the real game nevertheless is even worse than my expectation. The starters'Pokemon Violet will literally shift my behavior to purchase a hard copy in the future. It is nonrefundable with the digital version. I looked through hundreds of posts on twitter and decided to refund my preorder the day before it released, but it forced me to download. Even though I knew it would not be so great, the real game nevertheless is even worse than my expectation. The starters' designs were not fantastic, no access to any buildings except for those in the storyline, rigid motions, too many bugs. GF is absolutely deluded by feedbacks from Arceus. Indeed, players were saying that they wanted an open world doesn't mean you have to follow an advice from laypeople. Game Freak, you guys are the game producers afterall, and you don't even know what to do with this game. That's horrible. Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2022
    We are beta-testing a Pokémon open world for them.

Technical Issues: - Performance is atrocious for a triple-AAA company releasing on a stable console OS. - The game has serious fps drops on my new Switch OLED. I get drops that feel as low as 4-8 fps, and the game seems to barely be above 25 fps. It’s giving me a headache. - There are shadows flickering all over the place. NPC and
    We are beta-testing a Pokémon open world for them.

- There are shadows flickering all over the place. NPC and Pokémon shadows are barely 10 pixels each. It feels like trying to run a PC game on low because you do not meet the recommend specs.

- NPCs move around like robots at 3 FPS like a slideshow, unless you are very close to them. - Many times the camera clips underground and you can see the abyss below. This happens often in trainer battles that are on elevated ground. - On several occasions I have fell through the floor and had to reset my Switch OLED because I was stuck in the “falling” animation.

- Character movement is so weird and clunky. You move like a robot too, snapping into a locked position when ascending/descending. Movement isn’t fluid and realistic. - Lighting is as bad as it gets. Many times the time of day causes your character to look pitch black (even though you are white). Other times the lighting causes your character to look completely white like a ghost.

Weird Graphics:
    - Graphics are atrocious in my opinion. I’d rather have the more cute, bright and “cartoony” style of SwSh than this more “realistic” style mode. It’s creepy because Pokémon now look like actual real animals.

Empty World:
    - The world is big but barren and depressing. There is no depth and detail to anything. The world is as big as the ocean but as deep as a puddle. There is just nothing to see or do, other than traverse large distances that are empty of content. The cities are entirely dead, the majority of the NPCs can’t be interacted with, and all the stores pop-up Trade UI menus to buy and sell. There are no store interiors any more. The lazy failures didn’t even design a simple clothing shop. Character: - Character customization is terrible. There are only 4 outfits that are just ugly. Tights pants that are orange with stripes? Who thought of that? It’s like you are wearing clown pants. Every player looks the same now. There is zero diversity. Zero role playing value. The accessories you can change (gloves/hat/bag) are a few recolors that feel pointless since the main attire is disgusting. SwSh had the best clothing options, especially with the DLCs. You could role-play as anything. Not any more. You are stuck wearing clown-pants with suspenders throughout the game. Pokémon: - The new Pokémon are mediocre. They are literally a pig, a flamingo (named Flamigo), and a few birds. It looks like Animal Planet. Not a Pokémon game.

Verdict:
    This is definitely an early alpha version of the game released to the public. People need to start getting fired at Game Freak because this garbage is not a video game. This is really sue-able; especially if they do not offer refunds.
  88. Nov 19, 2022
    Worst graphics and glitchy as hell
  89. Nov 19, 2022
    Filled with bugs, glitches, horrendous graphics, poor performance, tons of lag, buggy and bad animations, litteraly an unfinished game.
    If this is standars for pokemon games in 2022 its embarassing.
    Not worth 60$, not even worth 10$. If you want a pokemon game for nintendo switch i recommend legends arceus instead of this crap. Really dissapointing game coming from the grossest media
    If this is standars for pokemon games in 2022 its embarassing.

Not worth 60$, not even worth 10$.

Really dissapointing game coming from the grossest media franchise ever.
  90. Nov 19, 2022
    This game is extremely expensive. The greedy developers are charging a ridiculous price of $120 to get the complete experience of this broken game. I had already written a review of Pokemon Scarlet. I don't think I need to repeat myself. The game is a broken piece of garbage full of bugs, glitches, pop-ins, awful framerate, crashes, freezes, stuttering, clipping issues, stuck on blackThis game is extremely expensive. The greedy developers are charging a ridiculous price of $120 to get the complete experience of this broken game. I had already written a review of Pokemon Scarlet. I don't think I need to repeat myself. The game is a broken piece of garbage full of bugs, glitches, pop-ins, awful framerate, crashes, freezes, stuttering, clipping issues, stuck on black screen, you name it. Metacritic needs to bundle these games together for reviews, because it is the exact same trash. Just because the developers cut the game in half doesn't make it a different game. It is still the same game split in half.

The graphics are a joke. They are charging $120 for goodness sake, we should expect much better graphics at that premium price. Stray was $30 at launch and Dakar Desert Rally is $40, both of these games look 100 times better. Game Freak has more money than Stray and Dakar devs combined by a landslide, and this game cost way more than those 2 games combined. Nintendo and Pokemon make billions of dollars meaning there is literally no excuse for such puke-worthy graphics from these cheap and lazy developers. It's funny how Pokemon fans make fun of Call of Duty for being the same game every year. What does that make Pokemon then? At least Activision doesn't charge $120 upfront for a shovelware game.

As of right now with the insane price of $120, I can honestly say without a shadow of doubt that this is the worst game I have ever played in my life. Keep in mind that I have been playing video games since the Atari days. Nintendo, you better start contacting those retailers about refunds because I expect a full refund. You will not get away with the biggest heist of the video game industy. Speaking of which, this game is the laughing stock of the video game industry. I am beyond infuriated with this scam. I don't recommend this joke of game at all.
  91. Nov 19, 2022
    As a long pokemon fan, i find this game insulting in many ways. I had always tried to find the good in all the last pokemon games to find em more enjoyable and fun, but this is just unacceptable.

First, let's pretend this is a finished product (when it is clearly not) subjectively find the design of the new pokemon really lame and poorly inspired, the worst generation by far. Too much humanoid evolution and so many weird evolution. That is just my taste though so it wont matter much in the score.

The story and narrative is good at times but quite bad and messy overall.
    The difficulty is completely unbalanced, since level scaling dont exist and as such you can trivialize most of the challenges simply chosing a certain order.
    I dont expect much from a pokemon game in these two categories though, so i can let that slide.

The real problem is: the game is totally void. It is big in its scope, but devoid of any type of activity, sidequest, interaction with npc. City are totally empty and useless, the open world is big without a level design. You just roam around to pick items at some point, since if you challenge all the trainer you will fing yourself overlevelled, unless you constantly change your party making it weaker on purpose. I am not even talking about team star base and "boss", such a disappontment

The quality of life is reduced from some of his previous interaction, you cannot turn down the animation and fight style is fixed on set, so you cannot decide to turn it down from option, just like the exp share.

Honestly, a pokemon game even in its lowest moment managed to be fun since its core gameplay is extremely rewarding and functional per se, even considering its poor story, childish character development, low difficlutybut and mid to low level design in puzzle and exploration. This time they manage to make a pokemon game almost boring, even as a die hard fan.

That would be a 6 for me, if not for the fact that this game is not finished. It should not have been sold in this state, it is like a alpha rather than a finished product.
    Aside for the low quality res and texture, except for the pokemon model which are greatly improved from the previous game, everything is a mess.
    Performance is really bad, 15 fps in some moment even lower, despite being few object on screen,
    camera angle problem, glitch, soft lock and some real issue about lighting and npc modeling.

The switch is not the problem, optimization is.
    This is the first time i am asking for a refund, it should be illegal to sell a game in this state.
  92. Nov 19, 2022
    Gamefreak has scammed everyone with a $60 piece of garbage, they should be ashamed and promptly fix all the bugs. While theyre at it, finish the game because it was obviously incomplete.
  93. Nov 19, 2022
    This game is is extremely broken in many ways. The game itself is a broken and buggy mess. The game meta is broken from the get go with recovery nerfed, a OP gimmick and a lot of offensive new threats and online still rubbish. Fix your bloody game GF!!
  94. Nov 19, 2022
    Game just is a buggy mess and runs extremely poorly. Not at all indicative of what this system is capable of. It's clear this wasn't given enough time. Framerate drops, pop-in, visual bugs, etc. Any other first party Nintendo title would've been delayed in this technical state.
  95. Nov 19, 2022
    After ignoring the unacceptable graphics of pokemon the cuts on the dex and the previous realised pokemon remakes of diamond and pearl this game made all of that look pretty good games yes I love the fact pokemon scarlet and violet is open world it is mo excuse for the performance of the game the glitch of the camera and more and I found all of this with only 3h of gameplay
  96. Nov 19, 2022
    Game is borderline unplayable in its current state. Absolutely shameful of Nintendo to allow it on the shelves. Speaking As a huge Pokémon fan, please don’t buy this
  97. Nov 19, 2022
    Someone should pay you to play this absolute garbage game. The graphics are the same as some random bad game from 2005.
  98. Nov 19, 2022
    This game is unplayable, and all it does is crash, stutter, or freeze, at 5 frames a second.
  99. Nov 19, 2022
    Poor graphics, glitches, fps drops, there's a lot of games with better graphics on switch than this and don't haven 10% of problems pokemon scalet has. Lacking of PT-BR localization, again.
  100. Nov 19, 2022
    Rose colored pokemon goggles shouldn't save the performance dumpster fire of Scarlet and Violet.

Characters and animations often move at a robotic 3fps, clipping, pop ins, stuttering, pausing between actions, ugly textures, wonky camera - and it happens non-stop. Whilst the aging switch hardware is a limitation, there many other better looking and more expansive games that run way

Whilst the aging switch hardware is a limitation, there many other better looking and more expansive games that run way better than this.

If somehow you can get past all the performance issues (I couldn't) the game play itself feels mediocre at best. A lot of the innovation introduced by Arceus is ignored here.

Music and sound is poor with weird silences throughout and the lack of voice acting for a fully realized 3D adventure is disappointing.

If you want to play a Pokemon game I recommend any other in the series over this. After the "fresh air" of Arceus, this game is a new stifling all time low.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 71 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 25, 2022
    Scarlet and Violet is a pair of obviously rushed products that look so much poorer for following an excellent refreshment in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Regressive and outmoded, the ninth Pokémon generation still boasts some enjoyable content but I couldn’t in good faith say it’s a quality experience. The utterly shameful performance issues hammer home how crudely made it is. It’s staggering just how terribly it runs. We’ve pilloried games for less, but we’re supposed to just accept it here because it’s Pokémon...It’s still fun, sure, but that fun is not enough to excuse its many, many failings. Not at all.
  2. Nov 25, 2022
    Pokémon Scarlet and Violet largely deliver the open-world RPG experience fans barely dared dream of for decades, with a huge, lively map and a surprisingly-engaging trio of stories nicely complementing the franchise’s rock-solid core mechanics. Yes, the game has more than its share of technical issues, but its shortcomings are largely cosmetic and the folks most excited to play probably aren’t going to be that bothered about its pixel count or performance. This Pokémon may be humble-looking, but it brings the fight where it counts.
  3. Nov 25, 2022
    Pokémon Scarlet & Violet is a frustrating beast. I’ve enjoyed my time with it, and if you’re a Poké-fan you won’t begrudge it for the technical issues and design flaws, but it’s impossible to recommend when it feels so half-baked. There are good ideas here, but it feels like it would have benefited if developer Game Freak had been given a little more time to refine the numerous ideas here.