8.0

1. Nov 15, 2017
    Really good port, just as fun as other platforms the game is present on, only downside could be the resolution, especially on handheld mode, but if you can get past that you are getting an amazing online experience for only $20
  2. Nov 15, 2017
    It's great that it's on a mobile platform, if that's the aim of Rocket League on Switch, but this is a second class or worse way to play Rocket League, if you have other options or possibly the pro control would make this a less frustrating experience. The lack of analog triggers on the standard Switch bothers me more in Rocket League than I expected it would. The controls feel awkward inIt's great that it's on a mobile platform, if that's the aim of Rocket League on Switch, but this is a second class or worse way to play Rocket League, if you have other options or possibly the pro control would make this a less frustrating experience. The lack of analog triggers on the standard Switch bothers me more in Rocket League than I expected it would. The controls feel awkward in standard Switch mobile mode and the stubbiness of the joycon joysticks really doesn't shine here. A lack of precise control really makes this game frustrating.

The graphic polish that was taken for granted on PC is also not so effortless on the Switch. Where Mario Odyssey makes you ask how the Switch is churning out that level of eye candy, Rocket League reminds you that you're on a battery powered mobile platform that can't keep up with a flagship powerhouse console or PC.
  3. Nov 15, 2017
    el juego es entretenido y se puede disfrutar en 1vs1 local hasta cierto punto, pero la conexion es una basura , almenos en latino américa, sin decir que no tiene entrada para cable lan...
  4. Mar 29, 2018
    Looks like garbage compared to other versions and isn't nearly as smooth so it makes hitting the ball in just the right place alot harder. On top of that it constantly pairs you with other switch users but will happily put you against pc players, so you're doubley handicapped.

Most of the fun of rocket league is competition. But you're never gonna get ranked high enough on switch to enjoy playing the game with someone who knows how to play.

Its a fun local game i guess, but not with the single joycons. Pro controllers are required
  5. Nov 24, 2017
    This game is 90% hype and 10% game. Playing on a Switch cross-platform is pointless as the Switch's Joycons are no DS4. The game is an ugly port, but I can look past that. It plays ok, however, matchmaking sucks and I find that I'm always in a match where the teams are made up of half 6-year olds & half ProGamerz.

I will say that I am playing this single-player. If you have people to

I will say that I am playing this single-player. If you have people to play with locally or on online, it might be worth it. If not, I'd say wait until a sale.
  6. Mar 14, 2019
    Super fun game, great for lunch breaks or a quick gaming session in the evening.
  7. Jun 22, 2018
    Sports/Racing hybrid game where you are in an arena to play football/soccer with cars. The game works well with the Switch, but it’s disappointing how they will introduce a season pass similar to Fortnite while you still pay $20 for the title. We will see how that one pans out but I doubt I will go for it.
    The problem I have with the Switch version is matchmaking can take way too long. In the same household I have never had this issue on my PC or PS4.
    Overall when you finally manage to get into a game it works well but also it is cross platform yet you cannot play online matches with friends on another platform, only private matches which is a bit pointless.
  8. Mar 4, 2019
    As a game itself, Rocket League probably can't be beat.
    Excellent gameplay, VERY high skill ceiling, and an entire in game economy based around a crate system make it a fun game for all to enjoy. (the crates can be disabled so your young children don't even have to learn about them from the game! But, if they watch youtube they probably have heard of the crates/skins/etc.)
    The recently
    As a game itself, Rocket League probably can't be beat.

The recently added Cross platform party system lets you play with your friends as long as they have a copy of the game, and an internet connection! (And the online subscription for whatever platform they play on.)

Alrighty. let's tackle some of the pros about it being on the switch.

Pros:

Portability is pretty great. love being able to take my all time favourite game anywhere.
    definitely the main selling point for the switch version.
    Best thing about it isn't necessarily being able to play the game online, but being able to just mess around practicing in free play when you've got spare time away from home.

that's about it for pros.

Cons:

Low resolution/small screen size. Depending on the map you get stuck on, and whether it's in docked mode(*1), the resolution can suffer greatly (the game has a real time resolution scaler, and it hovers near the low end)

In handheld mode, the screen is too small to play this game seriously.
    if you're used to using a high Field of View setting on another platform, the handheld mode won't work for you. Simple as that. You won't be able to see the ball even half way across the field if you're in handheld with an FOV above 90.

*1: In docked mode the resolution seems to jump up a little bit as the console can use more power and resources, making it more playable. This also helps to alleviate the FOV problem mentioned above, as the screen you're using will generally be bigger. Having just bought the game, i was able to get to the same rank as i am on my pc within a couple weeks using docked mode + a wired pro controller. (diamond 1)

The joycons' joysticks. they suck. flat out. garbage. they're too tiny for any skilled individual to use for a competitive game. these joysticks are small and thus more sensitive (because of the amount of travel distance between the center and the edge of the circle.)
    i have however had a good experience playing online with the switch pro controller, but it's rather expensive, and if you're on a low budget, it's not really worth it.

I personally use my switch as an alternate account to play with friends that aren't the same rank as i am on my pc, but i would never consider purchasing this as my main way to play the game if i had other options available. (if you do only have a switch, by all means still pick up this game! it's great! Just don't expect the best experience possible, better alternatives exist.)

All in all my rating sits at a 5; it's an ok port given that it's literally a tablet, but it's not perfect. Nowhere close to it. Get this on another platform first, and if you want to be able to practice anywhere, or have an easy to move lanbox, pick up the switch copy.

1. NF Magazine
    Jan 7, 2018
    Even if you're not aiming to lead the League, I still consider this a must-own for Switch owners. [Issue #31 – January/February 2018, p. 24M]
  2. Dec 5, 2017
    While I did notice some occasional rubberbanding on the Switch while playing on the go – which is likely a symptom of having to use WiFi in handheld mode – the majority of my online matches were smooth and consistent and all platforms.
  3. Dec 5, 2017
    Overall, there’s a lot of fun packed into Rocket League, and this port to the Nintendo Switch manages to keep all of that intact. If you’ve never played, you absolutely should, and the Switch version of the game makes for a solid addition to Nintendo’s ever growing library.