8.1

1. Jun 24, 2019
    Uno de los peores ports de Nintendo Switch y hecho, por el sobrevalorado, Panic Button. Han hecho un pésimo trabajo: Controles que responden tarde, graves problemas de rendimiento (incluso crashes en un par de ocasiones) y gráficas pésimas que a la distancia perjudican enormemente. Esto es incluso con el modo "rendimiento" el cual no mejora nada la cosa. Un trabajo espantoso lo que hanUno de los peores ports de Nintendo Switch y hecho, por el sobrevalorado, Panic Button. Han hecho un pésimo trabajo: Controles que responden tarde, graves problemas de rendimiento (incluso crashes en un par de ocasiones) y gráficas pésimas que a la distancia perjudican enormemente. Esto es incluso con el modo "rendimiento" el cual no mejora nada la cosa. Un trabajo espantoso lo que han hecho en la versión de Nintendo Switch. Es prácticamente injugable y altamente no recomendado hacerse con la compra del juego, NO SE DEJEN ENGAÑAR por los análisis de 9 y 10. Están advertidos.
    NO COMPRAR el juego en Nintendo Switch. Va perfecto en PS4, Xbox One y Steam.
  2. Jun 23, 2019
    A good game ruined by bad developers. This game was very good but in its current state the games just terrible.
  3. Jun 6, 2019
    This is one of the best ports on Switch! This game has 2 modes, one that focuses on frame rate which makes it run at 60 fps or there is a graphics mode where the game runs at 30 fps but also runs at 1080p! This game is a must have on Switch!
  4. Mar 17, 2019
    After being one of the original up takers of Rocket league (got it when it was free on PS4) and putting 20 plus hours into it and later deleting the game to save space, thinking i wouldn't play it again.
    It was only by chance that i got Rocket league on the switch and decided to give it another try.
    Here's my thoughts: I absolutely love this game, it looks much better than i thought it
    Here's my thoughts:
    I absolutely love this game, it looks much better than i thought it would on switch - very very beautiful and it's runs incredibly smoothly. It's really nice how the devs made seasonal challenges in which you can pick up limited edition customizables. It's a good deal how you get lots of DLC's and the game for less than £20 though if you don't have that to spare i would recommend just purchasing it on the switch store. I have now ploughed 120 plus hours of my life into this game and still i continue to play it, along the way i have had great fun editing my cars and have collected many things like titanium white K2's, cristiano's and many other things that i don't have time to name.

In conclusion this is one of my favourite online games of all time.
  5. Mar 16, 2019
    The ultimate "sport" game now on the Nintendo Switch. Ignore the fact that the graphics are not as good as the PS4 or the Xbox One version it doesn't affect the gameplay and it still looks awsome! Great multiplayer choice for switch owners that you can even play on the go now!
  6. Mar 14, 2019
    Super fun game, great for lunch breaks or a quick gaming session in the evening.
  7. Mar 4, 2019
    As a game itself, Rocket League probably can't be beat.
    Excellent gameplay, VERY high skill ceiling, and an entire in game economy based around a crate system make it a fun game for all to enjoy. (the crates can be disabled so your young children don't even have to learn about them from the game! But, if they watch youtube they probably have heard of the crates/skins/etc.)
    The recently
    As a game itself, Rocket League probably can't be beat.

The recently added Cross platform party system lets you play with your friends as long as they have a copy of the game, and an internet connection! (And the online subscription for whatever platform they play on.)

Alrighty. let's tackle some of the pros about it being on the switch.

Pros:

Portability is pretty great. love being able to take my all time favourite game anywhere.
    definitely the main selling point for the switch version.
    Best thing about it isn't necessarily being able to play the game online, but being able to just mess around practicing in free play when you've got spare time away from home.

that's about it for pros.

Cons:

Low resolution/small screen size. Depending on the map you get stuck on, and whether it's in docked mode(*1), the resolution can suffer greatly (the game has a real time resolution scaler, and it hovers near the low end)

In handheld mode, the screen is too small to play this game seriously.
    if you're used to using a high Field of View setting on another platform, the handheld mode won't work for you. Simple as that. You won't be able to see the ball even half way across the field if you're in handheld with an FOV above 90.

*1: In docked mode the resolution seems to jump up a little bit as the console can use more power and resources, making it more playable. This also helps to alleviate the FOV problem mentioned above, as the screen you're using will generally be bigger. Having just bought the game, i was able to get to the same rank as i am on my pc within a couple weeks using docked mode + a wired pro controller. (diamond 1)

The joycons' joysticks. they suck. flat out. garbage. they're too tiny for any skilled individual to use for a competitive game. these joysticks are small and thus more sensitive (because of the amount of travel distance between the center and the edge of the circle.)
    i have however had a good experience playing online with the switch pro controller, but it's rather expensive, and if you're on a low budget, it's not really worth it.

I personally use my switch as an alternate account to play with friends that aren't the same rank as i am on my pc, but i would never consider purchasing this as my main way to play the game if i had other options available. (if you do only have a switch, by all means still pick up this game! it's great! Just don't expect the best experience possible, better alternatives exist.)

All in all my rating sits at a 5; it's an ok port given that it's literally a tablet, but it's not perfect. Nowhere close to it. Get this on another platform first, and if you want to be able to practice anywhere, or have an easy to move lanbox, pick up the switch copy.
  8. Mar 4, 2019
    BUY IT: Since the games launch ages ago, they have done so much to the user experience. They have added endless customization. Sure they have also added the loot box keys and such which i have taken a point off for, however those aren't that bad compared to any of EA's antics. The game play it's self remains amazing, yeah i think they cleaned up the jumping mechanics, but that did only toBUY IT: Since the games launch ages ago, they have done so much to the user experience. They have added endless customization. Sure they have also added the loot box keys and such which i have taken a point off for, however those aren't that bad compared to any of EA's antics. The game play it's self remains amazing, yeah i think they cleaned up the jumping mechanics, but that did only to further enhance game play and the cars behave more intuitively for it. All in all, if you never even thought of this game before, it's certainly worth the money. It clearly has support, and a loyal player base who will be playing for years. Expand
  9. Dec 2, 2018
    I'm not the biggest fan of sports games, but I still heavily enjoyed my time with Rocket League on Switch. There is a noticeable graphical downgrade on Switch compared to the likes of PS and Xbox, but you also get portability. The concept of cars playing soccer is so odd and insane, it works. Plus, there is a huge competitive league if you're willing to put in the work. The presence ofI'm not the biggest fan of sports games, but I still heavily enjoyed my time with Rocket League on Switch. There is a noticeable graphical downgrade on Switch compared to the likes of PS and Xbox, but you also get portability. The concept of cars playing soccer is so odd and insane, it works. Plus, there is a huge competitive league if you're willing to put in the work. The presence of loot boxes and DLC cars initially put me off, but they were implemented well enough to not be a bother. If you like sports games, then Rocket League is a great and unique entry in the genre, and well worth picking up sometime. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2018
    Playing Rocket League on Switch is almost the same experience as other platform. Running at stable fps and even having crossplay adds to my gameplay experience. It's true that especially in handheld mode there are times where it's hard to see because the resolution goes down but it's worth it since you can take it on the go. It has a lot of content with stuff like Rocket Pass that reallyPlaying Rocket League on Switch is almost the same experience as other platform. Running at stable fps and even having crossplay adds to my gameplay experience. It's true that especially in handheld mode there are times where it's hard to see because the resolution goes down but it's worth it since you can take it on the go. It has a lot of content with stuff like Rocket Pass that really rewards the players even if you have the free version of the pass. Expand
  11. Oct 16, 2018
    When I bought this game I didn't expect anything special, I was really suspicious about "cars playing soccer". Once the game was downloaded and we started to play it with friends it turned out to be a great fun with really exciting atmosphere even better than classic football or soccer game !
  12. Sep 27, 2018
    I think this is a really fun game. There are a ton of modes to play such as Soccer, Basketball, Hockey, and more. I think it’s a pretty neat game to have on your Switch, even if you purchased it on your PC, PlayStation 4, or your Xbox One.
  13. Sep 9, 2018
    this stupid game with a litle big more ping than 100 kicking u out of a game, so its not a seanse to play this sh*t, i had platinum often smurfing, but now i have gold 3 and all time losing, couse im getting trollers in game, if u really want to play some good game better dont choosing this game,
    i know my english is 2/10
  14. Aug 4, 2018
    It's super easy to get into, but I can already tell there's an incredibly high skill ceiling, each match feels different and exciting, a must have.
  15. Jul 12, 2018
    I became too addicted and I really just find the game boring now. I'm forced to go to 75 Characters for the review to count so lol.
  16. Jul 9, 2018
    I considered giving this game a 7/10, because I only enjoyed it moderate.y well, but I felt it deserved a slightly higher score, because there's nothing at all wrong with it, I'm just really bad at it. But even players as bad as me will still have quite a few hours of raucous fun with Rocket League, because I certainly did, and I'm normally the type of person that hates sports games with aI considered giving this game a 7/10, because I only enjoyed it moderate.y well, but I felt it deserved a slightly higher score, because there's nothing at all wrong with it, I'm just really bad at it. But even players as bad as me will still have quite a few hours of raucous fun with Rocket League, because I certainly did, and I'm normally the type of person that hates sports games with a passion.

I probably won't pick it up to play by myself very often, but I'm always glad to show it to friends whom I know might love it, and play side by side split screen matches with them. Definitely well worth the 20 bucks.
  17. Jun 26, 2018
    The price is cheap, and the support of Cross-Play is an advantage and also a disadvantage.
    Anyway this is good parties, multiplayer game.
  18. Jun 22, 2018
    For context: I am diamond 3 on PC, have 1000+ hours in the game on other systems

This is not the definitive version of Rocket League, but it is a very, very great game that provides a bit more flexibility than the game does on any other platform. It sacrifices a bit graphically to give you that flexibility, but it still looks great. For those looking for a fantastic multiplayer experience, look no further. This game has nearly attained perfection in the multiplayer category. Simple rules, simple design, easy to pick up, exceptionally difficult to master. Very well crafted game that works great on Nintendo Switch
  19. Jun 22, 2018
    Sports/Racing hybrid game where you are in an arena to play football/soccer with cars. The game works well with the Switch, but it’s disappointing how they will introduce a season pass similar to Fortnite while you still pay $20 for the title. We will see how that one pans out but I doubt I will go for it.
    The problem I have with the Switch version is matchmaking can take way too long. In the same household I have never had this issue on my PC or PS4.
    Overall when you finally manage to get into a game it works well but also it is cross platform yet you cannot play online matches with friends on another platform, only private matches which is a bit pointless.
  20. Apr 9, 2018
    This game is amazing, i thought it would be really difficult to play, but i got the hang of it immediately. Now that i can take it on the go makes it 100 times better.
  21. Mar 29, 2018
    Looks like garbage compared to other versions and isn't nearly as smooth so it makes hitting the ball in just the right place alot harder. On top of that it constantly pairs you with other switch users but will happily put you against pc players, so you're doubley handicapped.

Most of the fun of rocket league is competition. But you're never gonna get ranked high enough on switch to enjoy playing the game with someone who knows how to play.

Its a fun local game i guess, but not with the single joycons. Pro controllers are required
  22. Mar 13, 2018
    This game is very fun. The graphics and sound were great. The season mode is very fun. You can choose between a few team logos, choose a name, and your teams cars. You play through the season and go all the way to the championship (if you win enough season games). That was my favorite mode. You can also play online, which works very well. The gameplay wasn’t hard to understand for me, itThis game is very fun. The graphics and sound were great. The season mode is very fun. You can choose between a few team logos, choose a name, and your teams cars. You play through the season and go all the way to the championship (if you win enough season games). That was my favorite mode. You can also play online, which works very well. The gameplay wasn’t hard to understand for me, it is very fun and I would recommend this game. Expand
  23. Mar 9, 2018
    Rocket league is an amazing crossover between racing games and soccer games. The result is absolutely fantastic. You can either play against AIs, or with friends online! Competitive players also get a ranked gamemode for people to grind! I really recommend this game.
  24. Jan 22, 2018
    Feels fantastic on the Switch. Playing multiplayer out and about when tethered to a 4G phone is a pretty gnarly experience. If you're already an experienced Rocket Leaguer it's a no-brainer. Fantastic version of an already incredible game.
  25. Jan 20, 2018
    People need to know just how bad the switch implementation of this game is. After about 30 matches I literally created this account to make this review. I was fooled by good reviews. If you've played it on anything else, its unplayable. worst still you get lumped in with people on PC and PS. Its pixelated like crazy and almost impossible to see the ball across the field due to thePeople need to know just how bad the switch implementation of this game is. After about 30 matches I literally created this account to make this review. I was fooled by good reviews. If you've played it on anything else, its unplayable. worst still you get lumped in with people on PC and PS. Its pixelated like crazy and almost impossible to see the ball across the field due to the pixelation on the switch screen. The frame rate is so bad and jumpy you cant hit the ball. I own it for PC and am double plat in solo yet on the switch version i cant even crawl out of single bronze. The problem is the frame rate and rendering is sooooo bad its literally unplayable. I have even played local matches against easy bots to make sure the problem was not lag, its not, the problem exists even in training mode. The ball is unhitable because of the poor frame rate. If you love this game on PC or PS, avoid it at all costs on the switch. You will only be met with severe disappointment and frustration. EDIT: came back to say it seems to run perfectly fine on the dock. Seems to throttle the system when hand held and is only unplayable handheld. Unfortunately I have both PC and PS4 so I would never ever in a million years want to play rocket league on switch anything but mobile. Totally useless purchase..... Expand
  26. Jan 19, 2018
    Muy divertido, frenético y ahora se puede jugar donde y cuando quieras. Un juego que requiere hacerte a sus controles pero una vez que lo consigues es un juego muy adictivo. La versión de switch se tiene que pulir por temas de popping y textos muy pequeños sobre todo cuando juegas en casa con amigos. Por lo demás una compra estupenda.
  27. Jan 14, 2018
    Rocket League is one of my favourite games to play with friends on Couch Co-Op. The switch version is outstanding handheld. My one problem is the graphics are bit pixelated when docked on some maps but most of them are really great. If you are having trouble deciding which console to buy it on Switch is the best for handheld. I give this game a 9/10
  28. Jan 2, 2018
    It is undeniable that Rocket League should look much better on Nintendo Switch, but this version keeps the core gameplay intact, and that’s what really matters.
  29. Dec 26, 2017
    This is a really good game, especially for the digital download price. It is football (soccer) but with cars. Only buy this game if you have a good internet connection as the multiplayer makes it.
  30. Dec 16, 2017
    good port, not half @$$ed like some other games are. BUT while playing in hand held mode I noticed that on some stages the resolution would drop to 480p. docked its fine but its just strange. a patch could fix this but that's whats keeping me from giving a 9 or a 10. also it cost 20$ so yay!
  31. Dec 14, 2017
    No puedo hablar del nivel competitivo, pero creo que eso no hace al juego en si, sino que es un complemento o un extra que viene por fuera. Hablando puntualmente del juego, sus mecanicas son muy entretenidas. Pasas un muy buen rato, incluso jugando solo. Claramente se potencia la diversión al jugar multiplayer y en eso el juego se comporta perfecto. La parte Online es dudosa su conexión,No puedo hablar del nivel competitivo, pero creo que eso no hace al juego en si, sino que es un complemento o un extra que viene por fuera. Hablando puntualmente del juego, sus mecanicas son muy entretenidas. Pasas un muy buen rato, incluso jugando solo. Claramente se potencia la diversión al jugar multiplayer y en eso el juego se comporta perfecto. La parte Online es dudosa su conexión, pero aqui no puedo establecer si es por culpa del juego o las conexiones en latinoamerica. Si tuviera que pensar en el juego incluido su servicio de servidores online, deberia darle quiza una nota mas baja, ya que la experiencia online puede ser frustrante. Pero como juego, eso un buen 8 Expand
  32. Nov 30, 2017
    This fantastic game is now on the Switch! Being able to take this great game on the go is pretty...well great. To see a more fuller review of this game, check out my PS4 or Xbox One review of this game. I think the frame rate is lowered a bit for this version, and if you have more than 2 cars on screen, it seems to mess with the performance a little, but it's still great overall.
  33. Nov 26, 2017
    I always loved Rocket league at the pc and now its portable. Its fun to play with friends couldn't stop playin i dont feel any lag so i love it! and the resolution on handheld is still lookin nice!
  34. Nov 24, 2017
    This game is 90% hype and 10% game. Playing on a Switch cross-platform is pointless as the Switch's Joycons are no DS4. The game is an ugly port, but I can look past that. It plays ok, however, matchmaking sucks and I find that I'm always in a match where the teams are made up of half 6-year olds & half ProGamerz.

I will say that I am playing this single-player. If you have people to

I will say that I am playing this single-player. If you have people to play with locally or on online, it might be worth it. If not, I'd say wait until a sale.
  35. Nov 16, 2017
    Perfect game to have on the go, graphics aren't bad and frame rate is solid, at $20 bucks its a no brainier.
    joy cons are pretty good to play but I still prefer the pro controller.
    give it a go you won't be disappointed
  36. Nov 15, 2017
    It's great that it's on a mobile platform, if that's the aim of Rocket League on Switch, but this is a second class or worse way to play Rocket League, if you have other options or possibly the pro control would make this a less frustrating experience. The lack of analog triggers on the standard Switch bothers me more in Rocket League than I expected it would. The controls feel awkward inIt's great that it's on a mobile platform, if that's the aim of Rocket League on Switch, but this is a second class or worse way to play Rocket League, if you have other options or possibly the pro control would make this a less frustrating experience. The lack of analog triggers on the standard Switch bothers me more in Rocket League than I expected it would. The controls feel awkward in standard Switch mobile mode and the stubbiness of the joycon joysticks really doesn't shine here. A lack of precise control really makes this game frustrating.

The graphic polish that was taken for granted on PC is also not so effortless on the Switch. Where Mario Odyssey makes you ask how the Switch is churning out that level of eye candy, Rocket League reminds you that you're on a battery powered mobile platform that can't keep up with a flagship powerhouse console or PC.
  37. Nov 15, 2017
    el juego es entretenido y se puede disfrutar en 1vs1 local hasta cierto punto, pero la conexion es una basura , almenos en latino américa, sin decir que no tiene entrada para cable lan...
  38. Nov 15, 2017
    10/10 This game is phenomenal and being now able to play it anywhere with the Switch is a dream come true! If you don't have it yet buy it. Got it already, buy again for the Switch!
  39. Nov 15, 2017
    Coming from PC I had to lower my expectations for the Switch port of this game, but it has blown me away so far. I'm not upset that the resolution isn't super high quality, bc it was announced long before release that it would be 720p. I don't feel any input lag when playing, but I am strictly using a pro controller. Remember to turn your deadzones down to below .1 if you're using a proComing from PC I had to lower my expectations for the Switch port of this game, but it has blown me away so far. I'm not upset that the resolution isn't super high quality, bc it was announced long before release that it would be 720p. I don't feel any input lag when playing, but I am strictly using a pro controller. Remember to turn your deadzones down to below .1 if you're using a pro controller! The initial deadzone settings are optimized for joycons. Great port from a great developing team! Looking forward to seeing what's next Psyonix! Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2017
    Really good port, just as fun as other platforms the game is present on, only downside could be the resolution, especially on handheld mode, but if you can get past that you are getting an amazing online experience for only $20
  41. Nov 14, 2017
    This game is awesome, who cares about the resolution on handheld it looks pretty awesome, but I've noticed a tiny bit of what looks like 2d sprites, awsome though!
  42. Nov 14, 2017
    This is just the Rocket League we all love, yeah, with 720p and bad antialiasing, but it's still nice looking, and you won't probably even notice in handeld mode. This game can give you hundreds of hours, 60fps, all DLC incluided, totally worth it for $20.
  43. Jun 24, 2019
    NO COMPRAR el juego en Nintendo Switch. Va perfecto en PS4, Xbox One y Steam.

1. NF Magazine
    Jan 7, 2018
    Even if you're not aiming to lead the League, I still consider this a must-own for Switch owners. [Issue #31 – January/February 2018, p. 24M]
  2. Dec 5, 2017
    While I did notice some occasional rubberbanding on the Switch while playing on the go – which is likely a symptom of having to use WiFi in handheld mode – the majority of my online matches were smooth and consistent and all platforms.
  3. Dec 5, 2017
    Overall, there’s a lot of fun packed into Rocket League, and this port to the Nintendo Switch manages to keep all of that intact. If you’ve never played, you absolutely should, and the Switch version of the game makes for a solid addition to Nintendo’s ever growing library.