8.1

1. Nov 20, 2022
    Genuinely my game of the year. I've always liked Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and this game does owe a lot to both, but the spin it puts on the mechanics and the entirely different tone and storytelling method is just fantastic. Starts off strong, gets stronger. Also, contains some of the most effective cosmic horror I think I've ever experienced. Just genuinely stellar.
  2. Oct 29, 2022
    "SIGNALIS is one of those games that does almost everything right. It’s hard to show off its beauty and how intriguing and compelling the narrative is through mere words and screenshots alone. Much like the eldritch tome featured within, the very essence of the game just seems to insidiously fill your soul and makes it impossible to put down.""SIGNALIS is one of those games that does almost everything right. It’s hard to show off its beauty and how intriguing and compelling the narrative is through mere words and screenshots alone. Much like the eldritch tome featured within, the very essence of the game just seems to insidiously fill your soul and makes it impossible to put down."

3. Nov 9, 2022
    Hands down the best survival horror game of the last 15 years, and one of the best games I’ve played period. If you love Silent Hill 1-4, you owe it to yourself to play Signalis as soon as possible. It’s a masterpiece.
  4. Nov 13, 2022
    I only played this game because my brother keep talking to me about it. I got fed up and bought it on PlayStation 5. I don't regret my decision. This is the best survival horror resident evil style game i have ever play and also the only one. Even if it's just the games i have discovered this years, it will probably be the best, not hard to do since i have only try like 5 new games thisI only played this game because my brother keep talking to me about it. I got fed up and bought it on PlayStation 5. I don't regret my decision. This is the best survival horror resident evil style game i have ever play and also the only one. Even if it's just the games i have discovered this years, it will probably be the best, not hard to do since i have only try like 5 new games this years if we count Overwatch 2.

Biggest downside for me is still the art still of the chapter 2 (or Kaptitel 2 liminalität for those who know) were the background felt out of place. Maybe i just got use by the 3D/pixel art of the chapter 1 too much.
  5. Dec 15, 2022
    Survival horror at it's finest. Such an amazing game, any fan of Resident Evil should be a played by anyone!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 6, 2022
    Fundamentally, Signalis is an accomplished emulation of PSX survival horror. Its graphics are both authentic to the era and perfectly disturbing. Taking place in a fascinating world and populated by threatening creatures, it’s a game I very much wish I could enjoy more than I did. The crushing limitation on the player’s inventory coupled with a reliance on memory puzzles that represent a genuine accessibility issue put me off wanting to ever play the game again to get an ending more satisfying than the rather unfulfilling conclusion I got. That’s a real shame, because it’s still one of the best retraux survival horrors out there. It’s just not good enough for me to love it like I want to.
  2. Nov 6, 2022
    By the end of it, everything swells together to create something that lingers in the back of the mind, gnawing away like a memory desperate to resurface. SIGNALIS is a game that I will never forget. And I will never forget the promise that was made between ELSTER and Ariane — of their love as selfish and cruel or beautiful and compassionate as it may be — that persisted through endless cycles of distortion and tragedy.
  3. Nov 1, 2022
    If you had told me that an indie horror game would be on my top 10 games of the year a few months ago, I’d have laughed because of how good 2022 has been for JRPGs but here we are. Signalis is a shockingly good horror game that I recommend to any fan of the genre. It has a superlative atmosphere, stunning art, and an excellent soundtrack.