6.4

1. Jan 16, 2021
    Great visuals hampered by some really poor game design decisions. It's nice to look at, but simply not very fun to play. You can make your game super hard, but if the controls aren't there.... well. I'm not mad I dropped $5 on it. Made it easier to erase after a few hours. Maybe with an update something can be salvaged, until then it feels unfinished.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Oct 26, 2020
    In spite of its faults, there's a lot to love about Skelattack, and I'd definitely play a sequel. With more polish, this world would be worth revisiting. [Issue #48 – September/October 2020, p. 26]
  2. Sep 8, 2020
    There is as much substance to Skelattack as there is meat on Skully. This is the barest of effort to put into a platformer's design. The over reliance on frustrating-to-control wall-jumping, and terrible combat that takes forever is what kills the experience. What is tragic is that Skelattack runs very smoothly, and is devoid of bugs or glitches. The developer was clearly competent on the construction of its product, but the concept that holds everything together is such a weak foundation. Most of this can be cheesed thanks to the generous i-frames, and how every level's start has a checkpoint. This makes so much of Skelattack redundant and pointless.
  3. Jun 11, 2020
    I normally want my metroidvanias to be chill, protracted affairs. Take my time, find every power-up, become a walking tank, roll over the boss. Skelattack had other plans, though. I was both relieved and a little disappointed when the credits rolled. Yes, the end was a brutal gauntlet of precision reflexes and constant re-spawns, but it was still tons of fun. Once I got the hang of the float, once I converted to a D-Pad control scheme, the tension was more exciting than exhausting. Maybe I somehow wanted more, but pound for pound, this game maximizes every second of play. If you’re willing to bend to these crushing winds, Skelattack will be a blast.