6.4

1. Jan 16, 2021
    Great visuals hampered by some really poor game design decisions. It's nice to look at, but simply not very fun to play. You can make your game super hard, but if the controls aren't there.... well. I'm not mad I dropped $5 on it. Made it easier to erase after a few hours. Maybe with an update something can be salvaged, until then it feels unfinished.
  2. Jul 10, 2020
    I downloaded Skelattack because I have recently been on a Konami music kick and I saw a vinyl for Skelattack and wondered if the music was any good. Suffice to say, the music is great and so is the game. I read a few reviews that stated the game was brutally hard and collecting enough gems to buy upgrades was near impossible. I found this statement true at first, but after an hour ofI downloaded Skelattack because I have recently been on a Konami music kick and I saw a vinyl for Skelattack and wondered if the music was any good. Suffice to say, the music is great and so is the game. I read a few reviews that stated the game was brutally hard and collecting enough gems to buy upgrades was near impossible. I found this statement true at first, but after an hour of playing I got used to the controls and upgrading became a lot easier. I bought the game yesterday and beat it today. Its not a long game, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and plan to go back and try to find all the secrets I missed the first time. I recommend this game to fans of Hollow Knight, Celeste, and Super Meat Boy. While not as challenging as those games, Skelattack is a heck of a good time. Collapse
  3. Jun 5, 2020
    a pretty good game
    but a pretty short game
    most of the environment being build so hard just to push the game length
    if you like a precise platforming you will like this
    but don't buy this with the base price since it is not worth the base price
    game length is under 12 hour if you are bad like me in precise platforming
    but if you were good probably only around 6 hours
  4. Jul 10, 2020

Mixed or average reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Oct 26, 2020
    In spite of its faults, there's a lot to love about Skelattack, and I'd definitely play a sequel. With more polish, this world would be worth revisiting. [Issue #48 – September/October 2020, p. 26]
  2. Sep 8, 2020
    There is as much substance to Skelattack as there is meat on Skully. This is the barest of effort to put into a platformer's design. The over reliance on frustrating-to-control wall-jumping, and terrible combat that takes forever is what kills the experience. What is tragic is that Skelattack runs very smoothly, and is devoid of bugs or glitches. The developer was clearly competent on the construction of its product, but the concept that holds everything together is such a weak foundation. Most of this can be cheesed thanks to the generous i-frames, and how every level's start has a checkpoint. This makes so much of Skelattack redundant and pointless.
  3. Jun 11, 2020
    I normally want my metroidvanias to be chill, protracted affairs. Take my time, find every power-up, become a walking tank, roll over the boss. Skelattack had other plans, though. I was both relieved and a little disappointed when the credits rolled. Yes, the end was a brutal gauntlet of precision reflexes and constant re-spawns, but it was still tons of fun. Once I got the hang of the float, once I converted to a D-Pad control scheme, the tension was more exciting than exhausting. Maybe I somehow wanted more, but pound for pound, this game maximizes every second of play. If you’re willing to bend to these crushing winds, Skelattack will be a blast.