8.2

1. Jun 13, 2019
    Fun, highly addictive game. Runs extremely well on the Switch. Makes good use of the controllers and touchscreen
  2. Nov 15, 2019
    Way, way too much fun on the go, and I'm not even a card game or rogue-like fan.
  3. Oct 5, 2019
    It is a really good game. Runs pretty good on the switch, the only issue is when you loss there is a small freeze sometimes. There is a lot of content too.
  4. Jun 27, 2019
    I usually play a game until I beat it and then move on–but I can't stop playing Slay the Spire.

It took a while for the addiction to kick in. In fact, my first few games felt pretty unremarkable. I started understanding what the fuss was all about around the time I beat the game for the first time. That was when I started to appreciate the subtle interactions between the elements of the game. Slay the Spire is all about building the right deck of cards, and when you walk into combat with a good deck–that's a very satisfying experience.

The game's quirkiness only makes it better: the characters and enemies steer clear of classic fantasy tropes, and some look like they come straight out of an LSD trip. By contrast, the random events in the game feature the bad writing and lack of subtleness of early CYOA books, and somehow they end up feeling charming because of that.

All in all, Slay the Spire is a well-rounded package that could only come from an indie development team. Recommended for anyone who doesn't actively hate single-player deckbuilders.
  5. May 8, 2020
    No soy especialmente fan del genero roguelike, pero unos pocos juegos de este genero son sorprendentemente buenos y este es sin duda uno de ellos. Es un juego ideal para partidas cortas, mucho menos injusto que otros roguelikes, implicando mucho más la estrategia (sobre todo con ciertos personajes) sin quitar el factor azar.
    De normal este juego seria de 9, pero al port de switch le tengo
    De normal este juego seria de 9, pero al port de switch le tengo que dar el 10 porque es totalmente perfecto con el factor portátil y el juego esta perfectamente optimizado, siendo de lo mejor de su genero.
  6. Aug 1, 2019
    Slay The Spire is masterfully done with gorgeous artwork and music. It’s addictive gameplay with keep you coming back for more. You will easily put several hundred hours in this game and with all the bug fixes and portability Switch is the way to go!
  7. Jun 12, 2019
    The game itself is great, but the port is really bad - crashes constantly. This can result in the game becoming completely unplayable as it will break your save and then crash every time you start it. The only known fix? Delete all your progress and start over. Unacceptable. Avoid for now.
  8. Aug 10, 2019
    Its all fake! Everything in this game is predetermined! I can prove it to you. At the start of a battle remember your cards. Force quit the game and reload it. The next draw will always be the same which could never occur if the cards were drawn randomly. So unfortunately its all fake! I feel ripped.

I expect a card game to be random. By that I mean that cards should be drawn randomly. Not in this game, you either get cards drawn preselected by the developers or their random card drawer is extremely bad implemented. I had a deck of 50 cards and one of the cards I had five times in the deck. Next draw I get 4 of those 5 cards onto my hand! Do you know how low the odds are for that to happen?! And this did not happen only once, it happens all the time. After this the game became unplayable for me.
  9. Oct 29, 2019
    If You like card games, this is one of the best out there (probably the best). Only competition comes from Steamworld Hand of Gilgameh, but its so different, that one is story driven, this focuses only on combat. Optimally buy both because they offer totally different gameplay and overall experience.
  10. Nov 26, 2019
    One of the best, most captivating and replayable games I have ever encountered. Excellent and innovative use of difficulty scaling
  11. Jul 30, 2019
    This game is the perfect roguelike. The strategy is easy to pick up but extremely deep. It provides tons a replayability as well.
  12. Jun 6, 2019
    Fantastic game, I hate rouguelikes but can't but this game down. Already put 100 hours into the steam version and was more that happy to pay full price again for the game on the Switch. The card system is fanatically balanced and even after 100s of hours I'm still not bored of the game! And the port to Switch is perfect
  13. Jul 29, 2019
    Slay the Spire is such a great game. I've gotten to 19 Ascension on Silent and beaten it plenty of time with the other two characters.

Game(s) like: Rogue-like Thronebreaker Pros: - Addicting game that makes every run and decision exciting - Several ways to win with such a solid variety of relics and cards - Like that there are three different characters with different cards and

Game(s) like: Rogue-like Thronebreaker

Pros:
    - Addicting game that makes every run and decision exciting
    - Several ways to win with such a solid variety of relics and cards
    - Like that there are three different characters with different cards and strategies

Cons:
    - Random is part of the game, but on higher ascensions it does suck if you get all blocks when your enemy is blocking or you just get crappy random events or boss relic choices
  14. Nov 15, 2019
    Probably my favorite rogue like since spelunky, it has some elements that make it technically a rogue-lite, but not much.
    The daily challenges are a must for bizarre adventures and it seems they are adding new content (a new class+cards).
    Great for a casual play, difficult but omg is hillarious how much you can break your build to be OP
  15. Jun 21, 2019
    This is just a really fun game with interesting strategy and variety. The only problem I’ve had is not being able to view leaderboards. It says offline mode even though I am connected to the internet. Maybe I’m doing something wrong there...

Anyway, I’ve spent hours playing and once I get a good run going I can’t put it down. Easy to pick up and play. Really recommend giving this a go. Finally, would like to see achievements in games like this. Give the grinding more depth as you have achievements to chase and complete.
  16. Jun 6, 2019
    This is a wonderful game the brings the best parts of a range of genres into one addictive experience.

Slay the Spire brings enough depth and variety to keep any fan of strategy games entertained. Crucially, it adds enough randomness to keep you on your toes while still giving you the chance to anticipate and counter any particularly bad strokes of luck. This gives the game an amazing amount of replay value without ever making you feel like you're at the mercy of how the cards fall.

I've sunk far too many hours into the PC version and have already begun doing the same on the switch. The touch controls work wonderfully, working seamlessly with the card-playing mechanic. The only issue I have with the port is how clunky the touch controls can occasionally be. If you change your mind about playing a card you have to carefully return it to your hand, wait for your hand to adjust, and then carefully select your next card. It's very easy to accidentally grab the wrong card. This is a recurring issue: potions are especially frustrating to try play using the touch screen. Overall the benefits of touch controls outweigh these small issues, but it still gets in the way more often than it should.

Overall though, I highly recommend Slay the Spire and think that this is an excellent port.
  17. Jun 27, 2019
    Within 2 weeks of the premiere, I made over 30 hours. I've been watching the game for a long time on the PC, but I've been waiting for it to come out on the Switch. I am a fan of card games and I miss them on the Switch.

The game absorbed me so much that I even gave up Zelda! I have the Switch myself for 1.5 months. At the moment: STS - 40h, Zelda - 15h. The game itself around these

The game itself around these hours has blown up several times but never damaged anything (save, gameplay). After entering, I enter the battle in which I was but from the beginning.

We have 3 characters to choose from. In order to fully "pass the game" we should at level 20 Ascenssion finish the game with each character and you can always play again = it gives us a lot of hours to play.

The game is flowing, sometimes with certain animations it cuts itself (I always noticed with 1 boss). Control by Pad / JoyCons is great and I have no problems with finding it. Interestingly, it comes out even faster than on the touch screen. The touch screen itself is great with one small fail: sometimes it's hard to discard the card when you've picked it and want choose another one.

Due to: several crashes, very rare lags and strange screen behavior - 8/10. These are small defects but in Switch port - they should fix this.
  18. Jun 6, 2019
    Slay the Spire est plus qu’un excellent jeu de cartes, c’est surtout un très grand jeu vidéo. Le mélange Rogue-lite jeu de cartes est réalisé à la perfection et les mécaniques spécifiques aux deux genres sont parfaitement adaptées.

Les affrontements sont extrêmement intelligents et on prend un plaisir certains à torturer notre cerveau pour réaliser la stratégie la plus aboutie. Nul

Nul doute que Slay the Spire trouvera son public sur Switch, d’autant plus que le côté portable de l’hybride de Nintendo est parfait pour un jeu de ce style.
  19. Jan 7, 2020
    Wasn't sure i would like this game before I picked it up, but I'm very happy I did.

Hours disappear when I start playing this, and it always makes me want to go back in for another run to improve my strategy and obtain unlocks. If you like strategy card games and rouge likes, this is for you *Update:. I marked it down from a 9 to a 7 because after you unlock a few things, you'll end up

If you like strategy card games and rouge likes, this is for you

*Update:. I marked it down from a 9 to a 7 because after you unlock a few things, you'll end up wasting hours on failed runs and getting nothing for your effort.

Adding achievements or some xp unlock system after the initial one would be the least they could do, at this point I'm not going to be playing again til there is a big update, it's not worth the time you waste to unlock chapter 4 with no progress given after losing a run, no keys, no aesthetic unlocks, nothing, it's really poor game design in that aspect
  20. Jan 18, 2020
    An incredible game for casual and hardcore strategy gamers alike. Slay the Spire takes classic archetypes and weaves a subtle story alongside impeccably designed deckbuilding gameplay.
  21. May 31, 2020
    An outstanding deck-building game. Very challenging and rewarding. There is a great balance between randomness and the skillful application of the elements at your disposal. Four different characters are available, each with their own unique style of play. Great replayability, as no two playthroughs are the same. Highly recommended.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 20, 2019
    Slay the Spire is the high point of roguelikes with deck building. Though that may be a very small niche, the game is so good that it would be a shame to miss out on.
  2. Jul 29, 2019
    It might not be the best version of Slay the Spire, but it’s the only one you can take on the go at the moment, being ensnared in its fun, rewarding gameplay, which can lead to missing a bus stop or two on the way to work without feeling all that bad about it.
  3. Jul 10, 2019
    Although the mods are not supported as in the PC scene, the Switch version of Slay the Spire is pure bliss, a dangerously addictive roguelike card game like you've never seen before on Nintendo's console.