8.2

1. Jan 7, 2020
    Wasn't sure i would like this game before I picked it up, but I'm very happy I did.

Hours disappear when I start playing this, and it always makes me want to go back in for another run to improve my strategy and obtain unlocks. If you like strategy card games and rouge likes, this is for you *Update:. I marked it down from a 9 to a 7 because after you unlock a few things, you'll end up

If you like strategy card games and rouge likes, this is for you

*Update:. I marked it down from a 9 to a 7 because after you unlock a few things, you'll end up wasting hours on failed runs and getting nothing for your effort.

Adding achievements or some xp unlock system after the initial one would be the least they could do, at this point I'm not going to be playing again til there is a big update, it's not worth the time you waste to unlock chapter 4 with no progress given after losing a run, no keys, no aesthetic unlocks, nothing, it's really poor game design in that aspect

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 20, 2019
    Slay the Spire is the high point of roguelikes with deck building. Though that may be a very small niche, the game is so good that it would be a shame to miss out on.
  2. Jul 29, 2019
    It might not be the best version of Slay the Spire, but it’s the only one you can take on the go at the moment, being ensnared in its fun, rewarding gameplay, which can lead to missing a bus stop or two on the way to work without feeling all that bad about it.
  3. Jul 10, 2019
    Although the mods are not supported as in the PC scene, the Switch version of Slay the Spire is pure bliss, a dangerously addictive roguelike card game like you've never seen before on Nintendo's console.