8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 27, 2021
    Very fun with friends! The levels are amazing. Not hard at all, not too easy. Since it's a port, I'm glad that Bowser's Fury was added. Although it's really short and I don't see myself playing it again.
  2. Apr 13, 2021
    Both games are very good, but there's basically zero replay value once you 100% both games (which isn't that hard or time consuming) unless you're into speedrunning.
  3. Feb 18, 2021
    For me, Bowser's fury was biggest selling point but, if you gave me the choice to buy it alone I would do that
  4. Feb 14, 2021
    Practicamente un copi paste del juego original y practicamente nula mejora tecnica, bowsers fury es un mal intento de mundo abierto con una dificultad absurdamente facil.
  5. Feb 14, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The camera is extremely uncomfortable,and Bowser's funy is so chaotic. Like ING said:“Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury packs a tonne of engaging gameplay, but neither component comes together as elegantly as it might have done. This is a solid option if you’re craving more Super Mario for your Switch, but it’s not the moustachioed must-play I was hoping for.” Expand
  6. Feb 16, 2021
    Mario 3D World was one of my favorite Wii U games, and I'm happy to finally have it on my switch.
    Now I won't have to dust off the Wii U anymore. That's great.
    Now, about the game: It's honestly just 2D Mario games in 3D with some Multiplayer components and great music. That being said, you won't feel challenged by the game until you hit the bonus worlds. Included in the bundle is
    Now I won't have to dust off the Wii U anymore. That's great.

Included in the bundle is Bowsers Fury. And it's just 3D World combined with the open design and controls of Mario Odyssey. It's fun, but not worth the price if you just wanna play this new expansion. Also, don't complete it 100% if you don't want too since you only get a picture for it.

Verdict: A great bundle. But nothing we haven't seen before.

Rating:
    Gameplay: 4/5 - Pure bliss. But lacking challenge.
    Level Design: 4/5 - Great and sometimes even experimental.
    Soundtrack: 3/5 - Absolutely great. But repetitive after a while.
    Story: 2/5 - We've seen way better Mario plots before.
    Graphics: 5/5 - Great. Nothing to add here.
    Length: 5/5 - Sooooooo much content!
    Replay Value: 1/5 - Pretty much none, other than going back through the game and completing every level perfectly with every character.
    Enjoyment: 4/5 - This was a great time worth coming back to.

Overall rating: 28/40 => 7/10
  7. Feb 15, 2021
    So while the game is fun, I didn’t even get to finish exploring the world before I was forced to defeat Bowser. WTH? It’s very disappointing, even if gameplay is fun.
  8. May 3, 2021
    This newest instalment is not a very original game. All this truly is, is a port from the Wii U with a new ¨DLC¨ With few changes to the game, it´s kind of sad to see such a beautiful game be redone with this poor port. Honestly the Bowser´s fury is just a ¨DLC¨ for those who think that it changes much. Same gamplay with minimal control changes and just a new powerup that it like the MegaThis newest instalment is not a very original game. All this truly is, is a port from the Wii U with a new ¨DLC¨ With few changes to the game, it´s kind of sad to see such a beautiful game be redone with this poor port. Honestly the Bowser´s fury is just a ¨DLC¨ for those who think that it changes much. Same gamplay with minimal control changes and just a new powerup that it like the Mega Mushroom. Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2021
    i would give this a 68%
    The art and gameplay was amazing but the story was short and didn't really have a story also the minigames were boring and non engaging
  10. May 13, 2021
    i liked it but would have liked the game to feel more replayable... too easy
  11. Aug 31, 2021
    SM3DW:
    Decent platformer with a few glaring issues. The levels are generally good and fun but overall not well designed. The only real problems I had were the controls (which I got used to) and the lack of depth-perception.
    SM3DW:

Firstly, the controls feel very floaty and the levels were clearly not designed with so much pace in mind. They should've maybe not sped it up as much as they did. You can get used to it, though.

The lack of depth-perception really made me mad a couple of times. I died to it often and needlessly. A 3D-platformer that fails at its only gimmick (other than being playable on WiiU) should maybe be overhauled thoroughly. It doesn't help that the camera-movement is as bare-bones as it can get.

It is also obvious that they had no idea how to utilize the Switch in terms of technical fidelity. Graphics still don't look as good as they could and there were moments where I thought, "are they not ashamed to present this to the world for $60?"

Other than that it is a decently fun game, especially recommended for kids who just want to have fun or are not very experienced with video-games. They'll probably adapt very quickly and be able to forgive the 3D-problems

Bowser's Fury:
    To me, definitely better than 3D World. It's fairly short, but the level design is very good and the 'puzzles' are decently creative. Reminded me a lot of SM Sunshine. It's also short enough to not become repetitive for me.

------------------

overall definitely a lazy package from Nintendo (no surprises there), that's never worth more than 40 bucks (except maybe for fanboys or very inexperienced players). It's incredibly short and even the newer Bowser's Fury had obvious technical issues.
  12. Jun 12, 2021
    I didn't get the chance to play the original Super Mario 3D World on the Wii-U. I love the graphics, the music, the level design. There's a notable exception however, one that severely compromises your experience with this game. The last 2 levels (the 30-star marathon and Champion's Road) are too hard to beat (once again, Nintendo cranking up the difficulty for no other reason thanI didn't get the chance to play the original Super Mario 3D World on the Wii-U. I love the graphics, the music, the level design. There's a notable exception however, one that severely compromises your experience with this game. The last 2 levels (the 30-star marathon and Champion's Road) are too hard to beat (once again, Nintendo cranking up the difficulty for no other reason than "extend" gameplay).

I would've given it a 6 - I'm a completionist and I beat the games 100% no matter what it takes, and this took me the joy from the game - but oh boy, Bowser's Fury redeems it.

Bowser's Fury was a fantastic experience - the graphics are beautlful, gameplay is beautiful, 0 loading time and the challenge recipe for collecting the cat shines has proven to be just about perfect. A very well balanced and elegant game.

So, a 7 it is.
  13. Sep 19, 2021
    The main game is pretty fun with great level design, and gameplay, but it pales in comparison to the Galaxy franchise in every way. The dlc would be fun if Bowser didn't come and interrupt me every 5min. Recommend for people that did not play the original and wants more Mario.
  14. Jun 10, 2021
    3d world: this section was a little too easy. the low difficulty made it kind of boring, the only times I died was when I accidentally fell off the edge, and that got very annoying. 6/10

Bowser's fury: this was my favorite part of the game. the music was amazing, the difficulty slowly started getting harder and it was just fun. my only complaint is that it was a little too short. 8/10
  15. Mar 27, 2022
    Gioco abbastanza carino. Si passa da stage troppo facili ad altri molto complicati. Preso per i miei bambini che lo trovano un po’ troppo difficile. Meglio Yoshi!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 122 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Oct 22, 2021
    An outstanding display of prowess by the development team we know and love. The combination of 3D World and Bowser’s Fury is an absolute bundle of joy. [Issue #3, p.49]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 12, 2021
    Super Mario Odyssey is still the best Mario game, but that doesn’t change the fact that 3D World is up there among the best platformers ever made. So is Bowser’s Fury, a game much smaller in scale but still phenomenal. [04/2021, p.40]
  3. Nintendo Force Magazine
    May 17, 2021
    This combo package is unskippable. All Switch owners: Own this! [Issue #51 – March/April 2021, p. 69]