8.5

1. Jun 28, 2019
    This is an absolute must-buy for the Switch. It takes Mario Maker 1 and adds a huge amount of things to it. New styles, new themes, night versions of all of them, vertical levels, custom scroll, multiplayer co-op and versus both local and online, a full story mode, ...

I could go on and on, but the tl;dr is that you owe it to yourself to get this if you even remotely enjoy platformers in general.
  2. Jul 20, 2019
    Mario Maker 2 is an amazing game. There are many ways to play for the average gamer. For more creative people, you can create your own challenging levels that you can post online for others to play. Personally that is not my style, even though this game is called Mario Maker, I do not like building levels. But there is still a place for people like me in this game. There are infiniteMario Maker 2 is an amazing game. There are many ways to play for the average gamer. For more creative people, you can create your own challenging levels that you can post online for others to play. Personally that is not my style, even though this game is called Mario Maker, I do not like building levels. But there is still a place for people like me in this game. There are infinite amounts of challenging levels to play, as well as a story mode showcasing the many aspects of creation as ideas for your own creations. The only part of the game that I do not enjoy is the online multiplayer. Nintendo’s online has never been very good, but playing levels against other players online is downright unplayable. So if that is why you want the game, then it might not be for you. But overall Mario Maker 2 is an amazing game that will always be at the top of the list when talking about the extensive library of games on the Switch. Expand
  3. Jul 3, 2019
    All I can say is that the game make a huge improvement from the previous game. Super Mario Maker 2 allows you to customize and design your own Mario platform level and download other maps that the community have built on. The game have a ton of replay value and it's just mindlessly fun to immerse yourself in hours of gameplay. After spending no less then 30 hours in the game, I would sayAll I can say is that the game make a huge improvement from the previous game. Super Mario Maker 2 allows you to customize and design your own Mario platform level and download other maps that the community have built on. The game have a ton of replay value and it's just mindlessly fun to immerse yourself in hours of gameplay. After spending no less then 30 hours in the game, I would say overall Super Mario Maker 2 is a solid game. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2019
    Extremely good game, must-have if you own a Nintendo Switch. The only thing that's keeping this game from a 10/10, is the online. It's just unplayable, even if you're internet is good.
  5. Jul 14, 2019
    Absolutely love this game! It's everything you'd want it to be and way more. Great additions since Mario Maker 1. There's so much to do that even if you don't make levels, there is plenty to do.
  6. Jul 10, 2019
    My eyes have gone crossed in a haze of pixelated bliss. Swipe you fingers around on the touch screen and voila! you've created your own personal, silly homage to one of gaming's great all-time classics.
    One minute 8-bit Mario is kicking Koopa shells and bopping blocks and the next minute 3D Kitty Mario is pawing away at Goombas being shot out of a bullet cannon. Amazing player created levels already showcase the baffling level of creativity of the Nintendo gaming community. The dynamic between playing such skillfully crafted levels and knowing that you technically have the potential to somehow make them yourself is unlike anything else in modern gaming. Having not played MM1 I'm quite astounded at the way Nintendo has seamlessly rolled 30+ years of their classic 2D platformer into one cohesive package.
    When levels change from original Mario theme to the newer 3D Mario theme and then to Super Mario 3 graphics its not only cool but it's visually refreshing to my eyes!
    Hopefully the popularity of this game will lead to more games that allow players to leave their own fingerprints on the legacy of the games they love!
  7. Jul 8, 2019
    Cast: 6/10
    Story: 6/10
    Fun: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10

Recommended
    ----------------------
  8. Jul 8, 2019
    The long awaited sequel to one of the most popular games on the Wii U has finally arrived on the Nintendo Switch. Lots of new features have been added, like an Online-Multiplayer, a Story Mode and tons of new elements to build with. Instead of the 100-Mario Challenge, there is now an endless challenge mode, where you have to tackle randomly selected levels till you run out of extra lifes.The long awaited sequel to one of the most popular games on the Wii U has finally arrived on the Nintendo Switch. Lots of new features have been added, like an Online-Multiplayer, a Story Mode and tons of new elements to build with. Instead of the 100-Mario Challenge, there is now an endless challenge mode, where you have to tackle randomly selected levels till you run out of extra lifes. Let’s have a look at each of these modes.

Story Mode:
    I was quite surprised, that there was an actual Story Mode in this game. Sure, it’s nothing mind-blowing, but it’s definitely more interesting than, the “Story Mode” of Super Mario Maker 1. You simply have to complete missions, in the form of playing levels to collect coins. These coins are used to build up Peach’s castle. You even have the option to choose, which parts you want to build first. While the selected part gets built, you have to complete more missions, so that the construction can progress. Some of these missions can only be accessed by talking to specific characters. By accomplishing these special missions, you even get some extra awards, like outfits.

Playing the story mode is a good way to learn, how the different elements in Super Mario Maker 2 work. Each level shows you, how many possibilities there are with the editor of this game. There is a level for almost every feature, which is quite useful if you aren’t familiar with the game.

Editor:
    It’s no surprise that building on the Nintendo Switch is not as convenient as on the Wii U. On the Wii U you were able to build with the Gamepad and could immediately play the level on the TV. However, on the Nintendo Switch you either have to use the control sticks of your controller to build levels on the TV or you can use the touchscreen of the Nintendo Switch in handheld mode with your fingers (unless you have a stylus). But other than that, the editor hasn’t changed that much. The sorting of the elements is a bit more clear, because categories have been added. You can now change from day to night, which changes some of the physics, depending on the theme. You can customize the auto scrolling (only in horizontal areas however), adjust the water-, poison- or lava level and build levels in the game style of Super Mario 3D World, which includes some exclusive elements, which cannot be used in other game styles.

Online:
    When playing Endless Mode I noticed, that the levels I got, weren’t nearly as bad as the ones in Super Mario Maker 1. Since they added a Disliked button, it seems to be much easier to pick out good levels. However, now there is another problem. If you upload a new level and don’t have any other friends with this game, it’s very likely, that it won’t be played for a long time. The level needs at least one play to get in the pool of recommended levels, which can be quite demotivating for builders, which spent a lot of time building their levels. Even though Nintendo needs to fix this problem somehow, players can at least experience good levels for now. And like I said, if you have at least one play or like, it will get in the list of recommended levels, which means, that your level will be played more and more.

The last thing I want to talk about is the Online-Multiplayer, which is not that great at the moment. To have an enjoyable experience, every player of a match, has to have a stable internet connection. Otherwise it will most likely lag really bad and in the worst case, be even unplayable. At the moment, you also cannot make private rooms to play with your friends, but have to play with random players. Sadly, you also have no option to choose, which type of levels you want to play.

To sum up, Super Mario Maker 2 is a really enjoyable game with lots of different modes, even though the Online-Multiplayer needs to be improved. With the amount of things you can do in the editor, there is almost infinite content in this game. If you are a fan of 2D platformers you really have to check this game out.
  9. Jul 11, 2019
    Great game Nintendo took a near flawless game and made the sequal even better but plz add amibo costumes!
  10. Mar 31, 2020
    After close to 70 hours on the game, it s a straight 9/10 from me. You only really need two reasons: it's a proper Mario game and it's basically endless. Some of the user levels I've come across are truly astounding (but not everyone is a game designer). This game allows for boundless creativity and re-playability, so a great investment.
  11. Jul 27, 2019
    Another Mario Maker smash hit: they added new tools and objects for levels - and personally I think creative is great, but I enjoy most the mode they added where you can play endless different levels that people have made. Its like playing Mario that never gets stale, which I think is the real joy of Mario Maker 2. I would give it a 10/10 but i'm going to drop it to 9/10 because it doesAnother Mario Maker smash hit: they added new tools and objects for levels - and personally I think creative is great, but I enjoy most the mode they added where you can play endless different levels that people have made. Its like playing Mario that never gets stale, which I think is the real joy of Mario Maker 2. I would give it a 10/10 but i'm going to drop it to 9/10 because it does require you to have a paid subscription to Nintendo Online (which itself is not too bad, its cheaper than XBOX or PS but no free games... On the plus side theres been a whole bunch of free months for it with Twitch Prime this year...) - so 9/10. Its a switch "Must Have" to go along with other great titles like Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros :) Expand
  12. Jul 26, 2019
    Jogo simplesmente excelente. Nunca atingi tão rápido a marca de 80 horas em um jogo como neste. As opções são diversas, além de termos um modo história que dá ao jogador a capacidade de pegar algumas idéias e o multiplayer online que poderia sim ser um pouco melhor. Fora isso Super Mario Maker é pura diversão e criatividade. Recomendo.
  13. Jul 9, 2019
    the game is awesome, not 10 because minor things:

- I liked the 100 mario challenge more than the infinite challenge, but is not that bad
    - I miss the mystery mushroom and the custom marios :(
    - the online is atrocious
  14. Dec 8, 2019
    After update 2.0 review. The inclusion of 8 bit Link just made this game even bigger than it was before. it has unlimited possibilities now for speed running and puzzle solving levels changing between hi an Mario. This game is the best builder game ever released. challenging, competitive, fun. The only downside is that beside 100 very short story mode levels, there is nothing elseAfter update 2.0 review. The inclusion of 8 bit Link just made this game even bigger than it was before. it has unlimited possibilities now for speed running and puzzle solving levels changing between hi an Mario. This game is the best builder game ever released. challenging, competitive, fun. The only downside is that beside 100 very short story mode levels, there is nothing else to to without paying for switch online. You need to pay for switch online if you want to completely enjoy it. at least prices are cheap. Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2019
    Well it blowed my mind! It is amazing! All these tools for level creation & the story mode!!! It's a great game that should be in your library....yesterday!
  16. Jul 18, 2019
    Loved the first game; this one expands on it in so many ways it is astounding! I have already played over 200 hours and most of that has been level creation. Brand new ideas, remasters of levels I made in the Wii U original with the new possibilities. This game will be fresh for a long time, especially if new content gets added post launch! 10/10 must buy.

Oh and my maker ID: S8B-RTW-1NF
  17. Jul 25, 2019
    "I didn't care much for the first game, so I probably won't like the sequel." It's amazing the lies we tell ourselves sometimes without realizing it. I've been playing Super Mario Maker 2 casually for about a month now and this game is an absolute blast. The portable nature of the Switch makes a crafting game like this one an absolute delight because you can make stages any time any place"I didn't care much for the first game, so I probably won't like the sequel." It's amazing the lies we tell ourselves sometimes without realizing it. I've been playing Super Mario Maker 2 casually for about a month now and this game is an absolute blast. The portable nature of the Switch makes a crafting game like this one an absolute delight because you can make stages any time any place where your creativity hits you. Better yet, you can pass the game over to a friend immediately and ask them to try your creation immediately, which makes this the perfect game to play with friends even if you don't use the two player mode. The story mode of rebuilding Peach's castle while listening to the woes of overworked Toads is also an honest delight and made me want to play the entire story from beginning to end, and I'll probably still go back to finish every job just to hear the funny conversation bits alone. I feel like even with all the hours I've sunk into this game, I could easily sink in hundreds more just building stages, and that's not even counting if I finally decide to cave and play the stages of others, which I still haven't even done yet! Overall, this game is a must have for every Switch owner. You won't regret this one being in your library. Expand
  18. Jul 5, 2019
    Its an amazing game with many things that i **** love its amazing but overall i would definitely recommend it so much u can do in this world
  19. Jul 17, 2019
    Really one fun addicting game online can lag a lot but it is still fun an experience that is extremely fun
  20. Jul 18, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 takes the original game and expands on it and every way possible. The sequal to the acclaimed Super Mario Maker adds tons of new items, themes, and game modes. Making your own Mario levels is quite fun and requires lots of creativity and is super fun and rewarding. Playing others levels online is one of, if not, the best part! Individuals tend to be more creative andSuper Mario Maker 2 takes the original game and expands on it and every way possible. The sequal to the acclaimed Super Mario Maker adds tons of new items, themes, and game modes. Making your own Mario levels is quite fun and requires lots of creativity and is super fun and rewarding. Playing others levels online is one of, if not, the best part! Individuals tend to be more creative and experimental than Nintendo, allowing for many fresh experiences. Overall, the game is a great time but gets old rather quickly and is not quite as addicting as other Switch titles. Expand
  21. Jul 25, 2019
    I love this game. i showed this game to my friend and he said he wants to buy a switch JUST for this game.
  22. Jul 26, 2019
    Everything you loved from the first game with even more great additions like the new game style in Super Mario 3D World, slopes! Switch blocks and an actual story mode! it's definitely a must buy for switch.
  23. Jul 26, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is a fantastic game. Fantastic course finding abilities, so many options to create your own levels, and there's even multiplayer! The only negatives to he found are currently you cannot play online with friends (coming in a future update) and that the online often suffers from considerable lag.
  24. Jul 29, 2019
    Very fun game for people who like Mario, and they even added a story mode which helps introduce the player to the mechanics before getting into the real stuff. My only complaint is the bad course sorting. There's a lot of great levels out there but they're really hard to find... Why the hell can't u search using WORDS, like damn Nintendo it's 2019.
  25. Nov 26, 2019
    This game surprised me a lot. For one, the single player campaign is objectively better than 90% of other modern 2D Mario games, thanks to actually having interesting level design. I also ended up spending a lot of time making levels in docked mode with the finger cursor, which i never thought would work well beforehand. It's clear that a lot of love and attention was put into making thisThis game surprised me a lot. For one, the single player campaign is objectively better than 90% of other modern 2D Mario games, thanks to actually having interesting level design. I also ended up spending a lot of time making levels in docked mode with the finger cursor, which i never thought would work well beforehand. It's clear that a lot of love and attention was put into making this game's tools and UI as intuitive and accessible as possible, and it absolutely shows. The only disappointment for me was the omission of amiibo costumes, but it made sense since they spawned a massive oversaturation of Mario Bros 1 levels in the original game. Oh, and there's still no search function. Nintendo. Please add a search function to this game. Expand
  26. Mar 1, 2020
    A game like Super Mario Maker 2 is what I think is the future of 2d Mario games. Think about it even if you don’t really like making your own levels there’s so many levels to play. There’s even a great story mode. The story was nothing special compared to other games but it was good considering how hard it would be to make a story based on tons of different levels.
  27. Feb 2, 2020
    This game needs improvements, but despite its very, very significant flaws, it's top of the line when it comes to modern games. It's just genius so much of what they got right with this game. It's so much fun making a course and just sending it to someone on twitch to see how they handle it. It's been the most interactive single player game I've ever seen...that probably has ever existed.
  28. Feb 6, 2020
    This game adds so many new elements that makes almost every level creative and unique. It feels like the levels that you can make are seemingly endless. My only complaint is that the story mode is a bit dull, but that was expected. There are some users that make some pretty bad levels too, but that's not Nintendo's fault. Overall, amazing game, you NEED to purchase it!
  29. Oct 24, 2020
    Really fun to make really hard levels then challenge your friends to play them and speedrun them. The level creation tools are perfect and editing with a controller is surprisingly good. The biggest problem with the game is there are a lot of garbage levels where some 5 year old got on to their big brother's switch and just spammed enemies with no effort. It is one of the best switch games.
  30. Apr 21, 2020
    One of the best games on switch. This is a masterpiece for the history of Nintendo. You can create levels, create a world, you can play online with other players in competitive or cooperative, you have a speedrun mode, play online levels and worlds, play the history mode, whatever. This game is how Dreams. A game with full content
  31. Jul 20, 2020
    You can't play this "game" online because its P2P and lags a lot with people from another country, its innapropiate for a company like Nintendo to have P2P servers on a 2020 game. Also you have to pay Nintendo Online subcription so why P2P servers?

Also its the same game as Super Mario Maker so i dont see the point why they just put a "2" on the name and sell the game as new
  32. Jul 4, 2019
    The game itself is great, the community is atrocious. 98% of the levels made are worthless trash that don't seem to grasp basic concepts in making a level. So if you make something good, I applaud you, but sadly your level will be buried underneath mountains of trash.
  33. Jul 6, 2019
    Quality game that has a lot more to add compared to the first Mario Maker. The only concern is that the multiplayer connection and how it lags the majority of the time. Great game other than that!
  34. Jun 30, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is an amazing sequel to a underrated game on the Wii U. Mario Maker 2 improves the first game in every way and adds content that is awesome. There is so much content in this game and it’s made by a great community. Nintendo has succeeded again in making a fantastic Switch game. This is an absolute must buy for the Nintendo Switch.
  35. Jun 28, 2019
    I really love this game. It's way too perfect than Mario Maker 1. And finally It's about time Nintendo put the Slopes for the editor mode. Definitely a must play game for the Switch console.
  36. Jun 28, 2019
    Simple yet effective and very addicting! Game of the Year? Not in story but definitely in enjoyment!
  37. Jun 28, 2019
    justo lo que esperaba... diversión infinita. Echas de menos algunos items, pero ya se sabían. Muy bueno.
  38. Jun 28, 2019
    Un gran juego, con infinidad de niveles por jugar, cada de talle está muy bien cuidado.
  39. Jun 28, 2019
    Una obra maestra tanto para niños como para los más nostálgicos del género.
  40. Jun 29, 2019
    This game is amazing i highly recommend yo buy this asap . Game of the year so far in my right opinion !!!!
  41. Jul 8, 2019
    This game is absolutely amazing. The Story Mode has a ton of content and the creation mode has a bunch of new content that makes it even better than the first Mario Maker game. So much replayability here that it's hard to know where to stare. Super Mario Maker 2 is definitely a contender for game of the year.
  42. Jul 13, 2019
    It truly is the last 2D Mario game you'll ever need and they heap it on. Story mode, make your own levels. Endless levels and endless modes categorized by difficulty. You can play it a minute or hours and there's something new, fresh, creative, ugly, or fun around the corner.
  43. Jul 8, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is an extremely addictive and fun video game to have on your Nintendo Switch. The Course Making is brilliant and so much fun. You may think that it wouldn't interest you but messing around with what you can make is addictive and a heck of a good time. Using a controller is fine in course maker if you can get used to it. It's in your best interest to use a stylus and ifSuper Mario Maker 2 is an extremely addictive and fun video game to have on your Nintendo Switch. The Course Making is brilliant and so much fun. You may think that it wouldn't interest you but messing around with what you can make is addictive and a heck of a good time. Using a controller is fine in course maker if you can get used to it. It's in your best interest to use a stylus and if you don't have access to one you can always use your finger. There is also a ton of fun in Course World. Here you can play the most popular levels, new levels, and up and coming levels. A bunch of these levels are creative and so much fun. You can also play online co-op and versus. I would suggest not playing that at its current state because the lag is terrible and usually unplayable. If you thought it couldn't get any better there is actually a full Mario campaign designed by Nintendo where you can play over 100 creative and fun levels to help rebuild Peach's castle. Overall this addictive, stupidly fun, creative game is a must buy for switch, Expand
  44. Jul 4, 2019
    Nintendo have clearly listened to the players and upgraded everything from the original Mario maker on wii u this is a sequel that really delivers and has almost infinite value, the user created levels are already wonderful only days after release and the much greater creative tool promise a great time for creators and players alike
  45. Jul 17, 2019
    This game is basically perfect. Sure, there are some trash courses, but in the end you get to play an unlimited run of courses including hundreds by professionals at Nintendo as well as other industry pros. Or you can make your own. If you like Mario even a little, you can lose months to this.
  46. Jul 17, 2019
    This game is the perfect Mario maker game in my opinion. It may have some problems here and there but overall this is a must have for Nintendo switch owners.
  47. Jun 28, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is one of the best games on the switch. The amount of stuff it adds makes for unique ideas that the most creative people will sure enjoy. The story mode has superb level design. However, making levels with the joy-cons or the pro controller is hard, I reccomend a stylus for the switch. Even tho online co-op is really fun, the online needs improvements and searchingSuper Mario Maker 2 is one of the best games on the switch. The amount of stuff it adds makes for unique ideas that the most creative people will sure enjoy. The story mode has superb level design. However, making levels with the joy-cons or the pro controller is hard, I reccomend a stylus for the switch. Even tho online co-op is really fun, the online needs improvements and searching levels by IDS is still really dumb. Awesome job Nintendo! Expand
  48. Jun 28, 2019
    It may not have EVERYTHING that the Wii U game does, but Super Mario Maker 2 delivers another accessible, yet deep level creator, with many new features. If you're having trouble coming up with level ideas, the story mode (where you play through pre-made levels) can provide a lot of inspiration. Just be aware that a subscription to Nintendo Switch Online is required to download and shareIt may not have EVERYTHING that the Wii U game does, but Super Mario Maker 2 delivers another accessible, yet deep level creator, with many new features. If you're having trouble coming up with level ideas, the story mode (where you play through pre-made levels) can provide a lot of inspiration. Just be aware that a subscription to Nintendo Switch Online is required to download and share courses online. Expand
  49. Jun 28, 2019
    This is a great evolution of a great game, new techniques, levels, items, and lots of fun.
  50. Jun 28, 2019
    Well, this is an awesome game: the story mode is something totally unexpected, plus I can design thousands of levels and play other people's. Great game!!!!
  51. Jun 29, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is a incredible game, that you need it.
    And the story mode is so cool, and he add's so much things .
    if you have a switch buy it.
  52. Jul 2, 2019
    Update to a wonderfully fun game from the Wii U. The core concept is hard to bring down, but Nintendo tries. There are a number of poor decisions made. First, no one will ever see your level unless you get someone to play it or someone chances upon it in the new courses list. This is a list of several dozen of the newest courses. Refresh after a few seconds and you get an entirely newUpdate to a wonderfully fun game from the Wii U. The core concept is hard to bring down, but Nintendo tries. There are a number of poor decisions made. First, no one will ever see your level unless you get someone to play it or someone chances upon it in the new courses list. This is a list of several dozen of the newest courses. Refresh after a few seconds and you get an entirely new list, because people are uploading courses at break neck speed. And this list is the only place anyone can discover your level. It does not enter the regular level pool until someone finds it here, plays it, and upvotes it. Unbelievable - other people playing your levels is the whole point!

The netcode makes the multiplayer unplayable. I have no idea why they did it the way they did, but (and keep in mind you are paying for this service) it's peer to peer and for some reason they decided not to go with rollback netcode or anything that would provide a smooth experience for any given player. Instead you get obscene slowdown, I've seen as bad as one frame a second. This feature may as well not be in the game.

They have a hard upload limit of 32 levels. In the first game this started at 10 and increased to 100 if you uploaded courses that people enjoyed. This encourages good levels, because if you're stuck at the 10 cap and no one is liking your levels, you're encouraged to replace them, and people who make good levels get to upload more. They simultaneously gave trolls and bad designers 3 times the space while cutting the limit for good makers to a fraction of what it was. Why? Who knows.

The story mode is fun, and mostly a showcase of neat stuff you can do with the level maker, except for the mechanics they included that cannot be used there. Why? Who knows. These include a stone item that makes Mario heavy. Coupled with a clear condition requiring it be brought to the end, it made for some neat levels in the story - but you won't be able to experiment with it. There's also an escort mechanic with toads that you cannot use in the maker. Isn't that the whole point?!

You can no longer open other people's courses in the level editor. Want to see if a troll has hidden a door? Too bad. Want to practice a tough section on a kaizo level? You're out of luck. Why did they change this? Who knows.

The new stuff they added is fun and people have been making so much creative stuff. But there could be plenty of creative levels out there that zero people will ever play because of the way this game handles discoverability. The decisions they've made with this game are basically incomprehensible. Nintendo needs to hire someone to tell them when they're making bad decisions, because clearly no one there has the job already. They are heavily dragging down what should be a fantastic experience.
  53. Jun 28, 2019
    Mario Maker 2 is the last major game we were all waiting for to make a return on the Switch and it did not disappoint. The story mode while not extremely story based or memorable is fun and helps you learn the mechanics. Building is fantastic... On the tablet. Yes, you can get used to it with the controller but you'll find that it's slow and more difficult to properly use. The tablet isMario Maker 2 is the last major game we were all waiting for to make a return on the Switch and it did not disappoint. The story mode while not extremely story based or memorable is fun and helps you learn the mechanics. Building is fantastic... On the tablet. Yes, you can get used to it with the controller but you'll find that it's slow and more difficult to properly use. The tablet is the much better way to go. The overall building is more organized and easy to navigate. Nighttime brings new mechanics to all play styles which is just so fun. 3D World sadly is missing a lot of features including the sun/moon, tracks, and... YOSHI. It makes the game feel a little disjointed but that's more of a gripe than a real complaint. Added elements like slopes are super fun to work with and make the levels feel so real. Looking up levels that you want to play has never been easier. You can either use a code or even search with tags. The new infinite challenge is a little dissatisfying though and the only thing this game does worse than its predecessor. Online mode is very laggy most of the time and just isn't satisfying for most levels. Not being able to play with friends yet is a bummer but the feature really is just an add on that didn't get enough love to really be something I return to. Overall the game does mostly everything right with only some gripes. It surpasses the first game by a mile in almost every aspect. Expand
  54. Jun 28, 2019
    Uno de los grandes títulos de la Switch, tiene absolutamente todo. Si el Mario Maker de la WiiU era perfecto, este es el Olimpo hech0 juego. Diversión por donde se le mire.
  55. Jun 28, 2019
    Another AWESOME game from Nintendo. I’m going to keep loving Super Mario Maker 2.
  56. Jun 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Un excelente juego de plataformas, gran variedad de nivele
    s, jugabilidad perfecta, música acordé a los niveles, añadidos muy bueno que le hacían falta a su predecesor, llevo poco más de 10 hrs de juego en su día 1 no digo más.
    Un juego que no te puedes perder si tienes una Switch
  57. Jun 28, 2019
    me encanta, modos de juego muy adictivos, tal vez la unica pega es que para subir niveles cooperativos lo tiene que pasar solo uno, de ahi en mas todo perfecto en el modo historia encontre algunos retos que me encantaron, excelente juego, todo aquel con una nintendo switch deberia darle una oportunidad
  58. Jun 29, 2019
    The possibilities are almost limitless and Super Mario Maker 2 is a huge improvement to the first title.
  59. Jun 28, 2019
    It is a more complete Mario Maker and full of features and possibilities, Nintendo will add multiplayer with friends and more news coming.
  60. Jun 29, 2019
    gran juego esperado, incluye las novedades del modo historia y nuevas formas de jugar. Crear tus niveles compartirlos y descargar los niveles de otros jugadores lo que te da horas de juego. Muy recomendado.
  61. Jul 26, 2019
    This game is a blast! You can create your dream level within Mario Maker 2 and get to play thousands of levels created by anyone. its a must buy for any Switch owner!
  62. Jul 14, 2019
    Big improvement over the first game in many ways, good fun for everyone. Only problem is the online.
  63. Jun 28, 2019
    There is so much game in this game. The story mode alone has 100 levels-- but a word of caution: I recommend getting the online bundle version of this game. If you do not have Nintendo Online, you will not be able to access some of the content. Other than that, this is probably the only 2D Mario you will ever need. It has every tool, every option, every setting, every brick, every level inThere is so much game in this game. The story mode alone has 100 levels-- but a word of caution: I recommend getting the online bundle version of this game. If you do not have Nintendo Online, you will not be able to access some of the content. Other than that, this is probably the only 2D Mario you will ever need. It has every tool, every option, every setting, every brick, every level in 2D Marrio's history (including 3D world). Multiplayer, co-op, free for all-- the game has something for everyone, players and level creators alike. Highly recommended. Expand
  64. Jun 28, 2019
    Increible juego para todo fanatico del mundo Mario, te permite usar tu imaginación para crear niveles o si no tenes ganas de hacerlo tenes la posibilidad de jugar los niveles del modo historia, o los niveles que dia a dia va creando la comunidad
  65. Jun 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Contenido....demasiado contenido.... Exelente.... Expand
  66. Jul 26, 2019
    When a gameplay formula isn't broken, all you need to do is add new elements... thats exactly what Mario Maker 2 is. The first game was criminally underplayed on the Wii U, but was a brilliant game. The second game adds so much new content that it unfortunately but necessarily outshines Mario Maker 1. Slope, Snake blocks, Switch blocks, Cars, Meowser! Such simple concepts and ideas fromWhen a gameplay formula isn't broken, all you need to do is add new elements... thats exactly what Mario Maker 2 is. The first game was criminally underplayed on the Wii U, but was a brilliant game. The second game adds so much new content that it unfortunately but necessarily outshines Mario Maker 1. Slope, Snake blocks, Switch blocks, Cars, Meowser! Such simple concepts and ideas from existing Mario games massively expand your toolkit, leaving almost Infinite possibilities for level designers. If designing games isn't your thing, then playing other players may be more suited for you. What if your new to 2D Mario? The story mode is the perfect 'tutorial' to teach both new and existing players how different mechanics work and inspire creators to try out new things. Online with friends is unfortunately absent but thankfully is coming, online in general has been massively improved since MM1. Co-op play is exactly what I wanted, although the camera can lead to some issues, but this is a rare issue that only depends on the level design itself. Most importantly the 3D World style isn't just some cheap gimmick, it's a entirely unique and brilliant experience to try out even more mechanics, fight different enemies and use different power ups. Please get this game as soom as possible, it's the best game on Switch so far in 2019 in my opinion. 10/10 Expand
  67. Jun 28, 2019
    This game is infinitely better than the original, and though it's not perfect, it's one of the best Nintendo Switch games so far! It's so much easier to make courses now, and there's so much more to do! It is definitely worth $60!
  68. Jun 28, 2019
    This game is perfect. I really like the fact that Nintendo FINALLY put the Slopes for this game, since Mario Maker 1 doesn't has slopes. Not only the slopes has been add, bur a lot of other mechanics has been added to this game. Definitely a good and perfect game.
  69. Jun 28, 2019
    Amazing game. Better than the first one in most things, although it does lose a little bit of the charm the first one had on simple little things... Everything else is definitely better though. Great story mode, 3D World style looks amazing, the other 4 styles are as good as ever with more themes to choose from. Great music, solid controls, editing is better in handheld but you will getAmazing game. Better than the first one in most things, although it does lose a little bit of the charm the first one had on simple little things... Everything else is definitely better though. Great story mode, 3D World style looks amazing, the other 4 styles are as good as ever with more themes to choose from. Great music, solid controls, editing is better in handheld but you will get used to editing with a controller, it's not too bad. I'd give it a 9.5 if I could but the 10 will have to do for Metacritic. Expand
  70. Jun 28, 2019
    Controls. 100/100
    Funfactor. 95/100
    Score. 95/100
  71. Jun 28, 2019
    Es un juego mega completo que merece la pena disfrutar y que no te puede faltar si te gustan los juegos de plataformas
  72. Jul 16, 2019
    Such a great game where you can make your own Mario levels, and play other people’s levels as well. One of the must haves in my book for the Nintendo Switch!
  73. Jun 29, 2019
    All I do is play battle royals, my switch was getting dusty until super Mario makes 2 came out, I’ve been stuck on this game for about 10 hours today, my son loves it my wife loves it and I think it’s great, just another great addition to the super Mario’s series. I love making my own challenging levels. I can’t wait for this game to get a bit older and see what other players can come upAll I do is play battle royals, my switch was getting dusty until super Mario makes 2 came out, I’ve been stuck on this game for about 10 hours today, my son loves it my wife loves it and I think it’s great, just another great addition to the super Mario’s series. I love making my own challenging levels. I can’t wait for this game to get a bit older and see what other players can come up with considering all the possibilities. Sometimes games aren’t all about the graphics but the concept. Super Mario maker might be the best game on the switch as of yet besides breathe of the wild this is the only game I’m binging out to.i really did like odyssey to much, I just beat it quickly and let it get dusty. But I love making challenging super Mario levels for my son. This is just a great game. Sorry for the short review I do not review much but this game deserves a 10 since 9.5 isn’t on the chart. See ya fellas!!! Expand
  74. Jul 3, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 delivers everything you want. Creating your own levels is easy and simple and with so many options to customize your levels every single one feels unique. Even though it´s super fun, it has a big issue like the online mode being only playable if you're subscribed to the Nintendo Switch Online and in my opinion if you don't have it this game is a waste of money. If youSuper Mario Maker 2 delivers everything you want. Creating your own levels is easy and simple and with so many options to customize your levels every single one feels unique. Even though it´s super fun, it has a big issue like the online mode being only playable if you're subscribed to the Nintendo Switch Online and in my opinion if you don't have it this game is a waste of money. If you are subscribed this is a must buy to the Nintendo switch. This game offers the possibility to create the Mario level of your dreams with various themes : Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros. and the all new Super Mario 3D World, not t mention every single one has unique enemies and various stages like grond, underground, underwater, ghost house, airship and many more. This variety of gameplay is what makes the online mode fun. In the online mode you can play levels that were created by other players online and the possibilities are endless. Last but not least, Mario Maker 2 offers many new things in comparison to the prequel such as the new Super Mario 3D World Style, new enemies, new themes, new music, slopes and the single-player mode which may be quite fast to conclude but it's fun and gives many ideas to create your levels. In conclusion, if you have the online subscription, this game is a must buy for your Ninendo Switch. Expand
  75. Jun 29, 2019
    Es un juego que tiene horas infinitas. Excelente modo historia y contiene muchas mejorar a nivel de jugabilidad.
  76. Jun 28, 2019
    Mario Maker 2 probably deserves a ten. It offers so much content and things to do and play. The addition of a story mode is great and the 3D World skin gives the game more variety. However, the online is still disappointing, and you still have to search levels by IDS. You're also required to subscribe to it to share levels online. It's still a great game, but until Nintendo gets the onlineMario Maker 2 probably deserves a ten. It offers so much content and things to do and play. The addition of a story mode is great and the 3D World skin gives the game more variety. However, the online is still disappointing, and you still have to search levels by IDS. You're also required to subscribe to it to share levels online. It's still a great game, but until Nintendo gets the online right, then I will give it a ten. Expand
  77. Jul 18, 2019
    I thought the first Mario Maker was great, and then this came along. This improved on almost everything the first was missing. More game modes, enemies and customization. It even has a single player story mode that was so much fun to play through. I can make so many different kinds of levels with the new clear settings for the levels. The game is limitless. The online modes are great forI thought the first Mario Maker was great, and then this came along. This improved on almost everything the first was missing. More game modes, enemies and customization. It even has a single player story mode that was so much fun to play through. I can make so many different kinds of levels with the new clear settings for the levels. The game is limitless. The online modes are great for playing with other people and trying other levels. Most importantly, there is now 4-player mode. Absolutely one of the most customizable games ever. I recommend it as a must for any switch owner that loves to be creative. Expand
  78. Jun 28, 2019
    Everything is good the story the courses
    The maker was slow but you can edit with Handheld mod it’s a great game
  79. Jun 28, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 takes everything good about its predecessor and builds on it. This is definitely not a definitive edition port of the first Mario Maker title like other games from the Wii U that sometimes plagues the Switch. This title stands on its own very well. The story mode is surprisingly fun and the online building, Vs, and playing different user created maps can keep youSuper Mario Maker 2 takes everything good about its predecessor and builds on it. This is definitely not a definitive edition port of the first Mario Maker title like other games from the Wii U that sometimes plagues the Switch. This title stands on its own very well. The story mode is surprisingly fun and the online building, Vs, and playing different user created maps can keep you entertained for hundreds if not thousands of hours. This is an absolute must own for all Switch owners and Mario fans in general. Odyssey set the bar for 3D Mario. This sets the bar for side-scrolling Mario. Expand
  80. Jul 1, 2019
    Fantastic game! The level of polish and usability of editor and jumping between gameplay and editing works perfectly. I just hope that co-op gets fixed asap.
  81. Jul 2, 2019
    El juego es muy bueno, les aconsejo que lo prueben o vean videos de personas jugandolo para que formen su propio juicio y no hagan caso de los haters desinformadores que solo tratan de desprestigiar el juego debido a su envidia y fanboyismo
  82. Jul 3, 2019
    Absolutely phenomenal game. It has some great improvements over the previous game. It has some interesting new physics that make game play different and more different. Definitely would recommend if you like puzzles, challenges and nnostalgia
  83. Jul 20, 2019
    This game is absolutely amazing and you should definitely buy it if you have a switch. This game is basically an official Mario ROM hack maker but it's so much more than that. First, it has a full 30 hour campaign with about 100 Nintendo made levels ready for you to play. Those levels are a lot more creative than the ones featured in the later New Super Mario Bros games showing thatThis game is absolutely amazing and you should definitely buy it if you have a switch. This game is basically an official Mario ROM hack maker but it's so much more than that. First, it has a full 30 hour campaign with about 100 Nintendo made levels ready for you to play. Those levels are a lot more creative than the ones featured in the later New Super Mario Bros games showing that Nintendo can put effort into their 2D Mario games. There is also the ability to play other people's courses from Course World, which has much better search features than Mario Maker 1. The 100 Mario challenge has been removed and instead replaced with the Infinite Challenge which pits you against an infinite amount of user-created courses in multiple difficulties, Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert, and Super Expert. Course world also had the ability to "boo" courses in order to better balance the harder difficulties of Infinite Challenge, a major problem Mario Maker 1 had. But now let's get on to the main part, the making. SMM2 gives you a ridiculous amount of options when creating your courses, way more than a simple ROM editor. Many enemies and items that didn't even appear in their respective game appear here, like Bowser Jr. in Super Mario Bros World or Angry Sun in New Super Mario Bros U. there are just so many options! One of the biggest additions to level making is the on/off switch which enables you to make so many amazing things in the level editor. Another big addition is "extra themes" which require a full level reset to use but offer up many unique additions. The only one as of now is the Super Mario 3D World theme which is basically just a 2D version of that game. Nintendo is probably planning to add even more extra themes in the near future like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Land 2, or even Super Mario Sunshine. Heck, they could even add brand new characters like Luigi, Toad, Princess Peach, or even Wario! Overall, this is a must buy for switch, i just wish they had amiibo support 9/10. Expand
  84. Jun 28, 2019
    Just ignore the 10 from nintendo fanboys, and the 0 from the nintendo haters, this game is good but not great, i would say it is almost an 8, why not an 8? or maybe more? here is why,
    - why would nintendo remove de amiibo costumes???
    - where are the dolphins? - charging chuck? - fishing boo? - ICE FLOWER????? - Penguin suit / frog suit - tiny mushroom? - ballong power - dino
    - why would nintendo remove de amiibo costumes???
    - where are the dolphins?
    - charging chuck?
    - fishing boo?
    - ICE FLOWER?????
    - Penguin suit / frog suit
    - tiny mushroom?
    - ballong power
    - dino rhyno?
    - ninjis??
    THere are a lot of features that shouldve been in the game, i mean read them, are they in any way unknown or obscure features ??? NO, everyone knows all the things i listed and nintendo decided to ignore em, the game would certainly turn into and 8 or more if they add several of the things i listed in new updates, just like they did with mario maker 1
  85. Jun 28, 2019
    Mario maker 1 fue increíble y está segunda parte la volaron. Calidad de historia muchos modos online demasiados retos. El juego que todo fan competitivo de Mario debe tener. Increíble merece una nota de 92.

En cuanto a jirengamer25. Chiquillo volvé a la cucastation 4. Aquí venimos a hablar de juegos buenos no de humos pipero ardido
  86. Jun 28, 2019
    Lo tengo en la switch y era de lo que mas esperaba, no decepciona en lo absoluto... El 1 era perfecto, este es basicamente el 1 y con muchisimos (si, muchisimos) añadidos...
    Un juego eterno del que si te gustan los marios 2D, ¡nunca te aburriras!.
    Un juego eterno del que si te gustan los marios 2D, ¡nunca te aburriras!.

PD: debo decir que las fisicas no son exactamente las mismas, para los entendidos en el juego, mecanicas como el mid-air con el caparazon ya no son posibles de momento... A esperar que nuevas mecanicas nacen debido a los nuevos item de este mario maker.
  87. Jun 28, 2019
    As with everything on metacritic, ignore 10's and 0's. This game is more of a 6. Between the annoying level creation due to the switch and overly large UI, the troll levels, the lack of any functioning online play, the lack of playing with friends, and so much more... it is hard to rate this game any higher than 6. If you find the sweet spot and have patience designing levels correctly, orAs with everything on metacritic, ignore 10's and 0's. This game is more of a 6. Between the annoying level creation due to the switch and overly large UI, the troll levels, the lack of any functioning online play, the lack of playing with friends, and so much more... it is hard to rate this game any higher than 6. If you find the sweet spot and have patience designing levels correctly, or for the one or two you may get out of 100 user created levels that isn't designed by trolls, you will be rewarded with a smile. Sad fact is, Nintendo hasn't produced a complete game in a very long time, and this is no exception. I guess it is true when people say Nintendo's second rendition of any new style game is, well.. never done again and so far in left field people can't stand it. Leaving the truth in the form of super Mario maker 1 was way WAY better than 2 in just about every way possible. Expand
  88. Jul 3, 2019
    If you want to play Mario levels made by friends and family then you will most likely enjoy this game, however there is a staggering amount of things wrong that can't go unstated. Super Mario Maker 2 is a game so outdated that it feels odd seeing something so under featured in this decade.

Finding and Playing courses: Super Mario Maker 2 lacks the ability to search for courses and users based on name, and instead uses an archaic course id method. All the recommended courses are either based on mass popularity, or how new they are. Hot courses work okay as an in-between.

Endless mode: Endless challenge is a survival mode base solely off of difficult and not popularity. This means on the harder difficulty you will be bombarded with troll levels and dev exits galore. Nothing beats the experience of being one level away from your top score with 3 lives left. Then the next 3 levels you play kill you in the first second and you lose. There are no mechanics to prevent invisible thwomps directly above spawn.

Multiplayer: 1. No multiplayer with friends online. I don't care if it comes late, its not here now. 2. There is a tag you can add to your stage that specifies multiplayer. From what I've seen, that doesn't matter in multiplayer mode. The majority of stages I've gotten in vs mode don't have the multiplayer tag. This means you will probably be playing stages meant for 1 player with 3 other people crowding the screen. It goes without saying but the lag is terrible, as to be expected with nintendo switch online.

Vs Mode: This one might seem nit picky but it is definitely worth bring up. To win in vs the only thing that matters is finishing first. If you get to the flags poll after 1 second the match ends. Anyone that didn't get first gets counted as losing. I have a potential fix for this. When the first player finishes a 30 second timer starts. Whoever gets 2nd place wins but gains less Elo than first. 3rd stays nuetral and 4th loses. Anyone who doesn't finish in the 30 seconds also loses. This rewards players for playing consistently well instead of the all or nothing system it has now.

Level design: Playing this game you will most likely encounter droves of cheap troll levels. This isn't Mario Maker's fault. What is Mario Maker's fault is how it handles checkpoints. When submitting a level online you need to beat it without checkpoints. The intention is for people to be so proficient that they can beat their level without them. The reality is that no-one uses checkpoints because "If I have to beat it without checkpoints why should they get them."

Missing content: First thing is amiibo. Every amigo costume has been cut from this game, removing potential theming and also acting as a middle finger to anyone who bought them for Mario Maker 1. An even bigger let down is a lack of level sets, or world maps. If you look at any Mario rom hacks most of them are a world or continuous levels. The ability to make a full game instead of separated, unrelated levels is something rom hackers have been doing for over a decade.

Short list of other missing content: Dolphins, urchins, charging chucks, Thunder Chuck winged platforms, Timed platforms, Frog suit, Hammer suit (not the maker one), Penguin suit, Squirrel suit, double cherry, Mountain theme, Koopalings, Mini mushroom, Boomerangs, Blue koopa, disco shells, Fuzzies, Spike, Tethered platforms, and permeable slopes are just a few of the missing features. I don't think its much to ask for nintendo to do with Mario what fans have been doing with rom hacks for years.

There are other major problems with this game like how it requires Nintendo Switch Online to play ANY online courses, and the clunky controls of making courses in docked mode. This game isn't good. It's carried by its community. If rom hacks were more accessible then this wouldn't exist. the biggest praise I can give this game is that many levels are better than the official Mario games. At the end of the day though, the most impressive thing about Mario Maker 2 is how under featured and out of date it is.
  89. Jun 28, 2019
    This is a MUST game for a switch owner, the fun and the challenge in this game is endless.
  90. Jul 1, 2019
    3 days into this game, and after trying out all modes, this could seriously be the best 2D Mario game of all time. My nostalgia has SMB 3 in my top 10 games ever, but the endless variety found here may even top the level design in that game! Add competitive multiplayer (!!), and a story mode and you have what could potentially be considered a masterpiece. Nintendo at it's finest here!
  91. Jul 2, 2019
    Endless fun, full of different mechanics there isn't much to be said other than if you like platformers or level design (I'm not much of a creator just play levels) and haven't got this game yet...WHAT ARE DOING!!!
  92. Jun 28, 2019
    This could just be the best creative game yet. With a easy to use tool and fun for hours even years Super Mario maker 2 is perfect except for no stylis, but you can fix that easily.
  93. Jun 28, 2019
    Es un juego absolutamente garantizado para quienes jugamos super Mario desde los inicios y a través de su evolución con los años, la creatividad de las personas es increíble. Lastima que esos que ponen un 0 por puro odio y solo basta leer para ver que ese es el motivante. Ojalá esta página respete mi rating.
  94. Jul 6, 2019
    This game is absolutely fine for what it is. It exists, it is Mario Maker, and it is technically playable. In fact, the addition of story mode is wonderful, and many of the new things are great! However, the online is f****** worthless, unplayable garbage with little moderation and slow connection. Not to mention you have to pay for online, despite the fact that it is garbage. I boughtThis game is absolutely fine for what it is. It exists, it is Mario Maker, and it is technically playable. In fact, the addition of story mode is wonderful, and many of the new things are great! However, the online is f****** worthless, unplayable garbage with little moderation and slow connection. Not to mention you have to pay for online, despite the fact that it is garbage. I bought this game mainly for the online experience, and finding that it is unplayable is sooo disappointing. 4/10 probably wouldn't buy again Expand
  95. Jul 2, 2019
    I was hyped for this game in the months leading up to release and excited when it finally got released. I finished the story mode pretty quickly and then decided to dive in to the editor and check out what people have been putting online.

I also submitted a few levels online, one of them in particular, took considerable effort to make. And now, days later, no one has played anything I've put online. Did some research on the internet and it turns out that if you want the game to allow anyone to actually find and play your levels on their own, you have to go elsewhere and beg people to play it and especially give a it a heart (like) on forums, reddit, youtube, etc.. Isn't begging for likes something they discouraged in MM1? Anyways, the fact that you have to leave the platform and put in work to promote your levels before the game allows anyone to find them on their own or put them in endless mode is ridiculous.

And now I've immediately lost interest in the game that hasn't even been out a week. There was a level I have been working on that has required great effort to make so far and some other ideas I was kicking around in my head... but if the game won't give anyone the chance to play them, then what's the point? And if the game isn't going to allow anyone to play my levels, I don't really care enough to play anyone else's either.

This is especially discouraging when the stuff the game does allow into endless mode, from what I've seen, is maybe a little better than MM1 but still mostly low effort garbage or troll levels (if you put it on expert/super expert). Many of the levels the game actively promotes aren't all that special either.

At least in MM1 your levels always got played by at least a few people. If they sucked, they would get buried and eventually deleted. In this game, they don't even get a chance. I don't claim to be this master creator who will never make anything that isn't amazing but if my levels have no chance to get played at all, why even bother? And no, spending time going all over the internet posting level codes begging people to play them so the game deems them worthy for people to play is not a good user experience.

I pre-ordered this game and now have buyer's remorse. I WANT to like this game, and the potential is there, but feeling like you're being excluded from participating in the community for no reason is just not fun.
  96. Jun 28, 2019
    Kkkkkk é legal ver que alguns sonystas já estão arrancando suas calcinhas pela cabeça, e o mais interessante, acabaram por derrubar uma de minhas convicções, eu achava que sonystas retardados nesse nível, só haviam aqui no Brasil, eu tinha a crença de que o fato deles serem tão mongois assim, se devia à nossa cultura fraca, educação ruim, adoração ao funk, eleitores do PT, mas não, ao queKkkkkk é legal ver que alguns sonystas já estão arrancando suas calcinhas pela cabeça, e o mais interessante, acabaram por derrubar uma de minhas convicções, eu achava que sonystas retardados nesse nível, só haviam aqui no Brasil, eu tinha a crença de que o fato deles serem tão mongois assim, se devia à nossa cultura fraca, educação ruim, adoração ao funk, eleitores do PT, mas não, ao que tudo indica, o simples fato de você ser um sonysta, já danifica seriamente seu cérebro, e isso vale para o mundo todo, lendo algumas avaliações aqui, já achei sonystas retardados falando em espanhol e inglês, é questão de tempo, até aparecer algum suburbano br, sem um pingo de estudo, que provavelmente comprou seu ps4 com dinheiro de venda de drogas, dizendo coisas do tipo "nimtemdo é coiza de criansa, jão". No mais, a respeito do jogo, se já tem neandertal da sony falando mal de Mario Maker 2, é pq está incrível, esses besouros rola bos%# não reconheceriam um bom jogo nem que ele fosse enfiado em seus buraquinhos (que é o orgão mais sensível de uma sonete), e preferem filmecos com gameplay fraco, sem inspiração, rasos e focados exclusivamente numa historinha clichê, do que os jogos com melhores mecânicas, jogabilidade e gameplay, que são os games da nintendo, e no caso, Super Mario Maker 2 é um ótimo exemplo, dar esse tipo de liberdade ao jogador, e por em suas mãos a possibilidade de criar níveis da forma mais variada possível (o que remonta a Mario Paint, lá de 1992), é algo muito bem vindo. Expand
  97. Jun 29, 2019
    Simply one of the best games ever made. So many possibilities with the incredible fun and intuitive course builder. Go play it!
  98. Jul 2, 2019
    This is every 2D Mario, and more. Way more! It's a dream game come true. An endless stream of auto-polished Mario challenges, and a playground for creative minds.
  99. Jul 9, 2019
    Probably my biggest disappointment on Switch to date. Somehow worse than New Super Mario 2 on DS. It just feels old and dull.
  100. Jun 28, 2019
    Super Mario Maker 2 is just an impressive game that has improved dramatically from its predecessor on the Wii U. It provides so much content and the Single Player adds a great personal experience if you don't want to subscribe to the Nintendo Online subscription to access Courses created by users. I'm so happy that I pre-ordered this game because it included a stylus which is essentialSuper Mario Maker 2 is just an impressive game that has improved dramatically from its predecessor on the Wii U. It provides so much content and the Single Player adds a great personal experience if you don't want to subscribe to the Nintendo Online subscription to access Courses created by users. I'm so happy that I pre-ordered this game because it included a stylus which is essential whenever you want to edit the course and add new obstructions and power-ups. There is nothing to miss in this game and the courses created by users adds greater experience even though it requires that god-awful Nintendo Online Service. The online co-op is totally recommendable to play with your friends or mates and I haven't suffered any issues. This is a game that you must play in 2019 if you own a Nintendo Switch. Well done Nintendo Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 98 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Apr 28, 2020
    A transcendent experience that will only continue to improve over time. [Issue #41 – September 2019, p. 68]
  2. Oct 19, 2019
    Nintendo will surely need to work on new artistic and mechanical styles to make its future 2D Mario games attractive, as Super Mario Maker 2 takes all the best from Super Mario Maker 1 and boosts the game with new options, a better interface, more customization, themes, night mode, interesting enemies and wraps the whole package with a fun new story mode and an online mode that even with its flaws, is competent.Super Mario Maker 2 offers the ultimate experience for Mario 2D fans and certainly yields much more fun than the 60$ what it is charged for.
  3. Aug 19, 2019
    Another masterpiece by Nintendo. Super Mario Maker 2 is a delight for every creative soul out there - and yet also cares about players with no interest in designing their own levels. There are dozens of hours of pure fun for both of those groups.