8.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 29, 2017
    I am just lost for words. The spirit of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine lives on in this game. It was as if I stepped into a portal to my childhood. I highly recommend the "single joy-con in each hand" motion control scheme. The motions controls feel so intuitive and really enhance the gameplay. Cappy serves as a great sidekick, with his boomerang and capture abilities providing aI am just lost for words. The spirit of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine lives on in this game. It was as if I stepped into a portal to my childhood. I highly recommend the "single joy-con in each hand" motion control scheme. The motions controls feel so intuitive and really enhance the gameplay. Cappy serves as a great sidekick, with his boomerang and capture abilities providing a refreshing take on the classic 3D Mario Mechanics. Visually, it is a gorgeous game. It maintains 60 fps consistently in both mobile and docked. There seems to be a variety of different environments in this game, unlike Super Mario Galaxy and Sunshine. While those games followed a common theme, Odyssey takes influence from Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World in that there is a (Spoilers) desert world, ghost world. tropical world, metro world, etc. The music is phenomenal. I recommend that everyone use a headset to truly appreciate it. I had chills running down my spine once I heard the theme from the Switch Presentation Trailer for Odyssey. No other franchise has made as big of an impact on the gaming industry as Mario. He is the Micky Mouse of gaming. This game can be enjoyed by anyone. Enthusiast gamers. Father/Mother playing with his or her kids. Teenagers. Anyone. I had lost faith in Nintendo during the Wii U generation. They have absolutely blown me away with putting out masterpieces such as Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. These 2 games make the Switchh worth it. I must also add that this year has been incredible for gaming. Besides Mario and Zelda, we had Persona 5, Cuphead, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier, Nioh, Divinity. Instead of debating Game of the Years. We should declare 2017 as the Year of the Games. I hope everyone enjoys these games as much as I have. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2017
    When Zelda came out it was enough to get early adopters of the Switch on board- now that Mario is here, it will lead to more and more stores selling out during the holiday season. This game brings the nostalgia level to almost the maximum. It's formula is similar to Mario 64(possibly the GOAT when it comes to the Mario games). Cappy is a unique and fresh addition to the platformingWhen Zelda came out it was enough to get early adopters of the Switch on board- now that Mario is here, it will lead to more and more stores selling out during the holiday season. This game brings the nostalgia level to almost the maximum. It's formula is similar to Mario 64(possibly the GOAT when it comes to the Mario games). Cappy is a unique and fresh addition to the platforming shenanigans that we're accustomed to with Mario. I give it a 9/10- because i think that the difficulty is slightly lacking. Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2017
    Here we are, guys. The mostly-anticipated game for the Nintendo Switch and of course, as one of them, this year. Super Mario Odyssey attempts to bring new ideas to the table without going overboard and right away it just straight out worked. Sure the changes to certain Mario gameplay may be a huge hit-in-the-spot, but you can easily ignore all of this game's problems due to the way thisHere we are, guys. The mostly-anticipated game for the Nintendo Switch and of course, as one of them, this year. Super Mario Odyssey attempts to bring new ideas to the table without going overboard and right away it just straight out worked. Sure the changes to certain Mario gameplay may be a huge hit-in-the-spot, but you can easily ignore all of this game's problems due to the way this game's presentation is being shown right when the game is being played. Just how many games do I need to give this very high score anyways? Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2017
    Innovación absoluta, este año Nintendo ha sembrado firmes directrices de cómo hacer que la industria de los videojuegos se renueve. Es un ejemplo de empresa que una vez más ha demostrado autenticidad cuando se creía que todo estaba hecho. Grande NINTENDO, feliz 2017 con todos tus GOTYS
  5. Oct 28, 2017
    The controls in this game are great! They add a lot of ability's even without the new hat cappy. Cappy also allows for some cool sequence breaks. So Physics are perfect. The capture ability also works like how you would expect it to. Except for one. When taking control of a bullet bill, I can't do a full 180 by holding one direction because the game expects you to change your direction onThe controls in this game are great! They add a lot of ability's even without the new hat cappy. Cappy also allows for some cool sequence breaks. So Physics are perfect. The capture ability also works like how you would expect it to. Except for one. When taking control of a bullet bill, I can't do a full 180 by holding one direction because the game expects you to change your direction on the control stick to keep on changing in the same direction you were already turning. So thats annoying. Now, I have to admit, the Death System here fixed previous issues but made a new one too. When you die you only lose 10 coins, and when you die without coins, you just come back normally. No negatives. But sometimes you die and spawn waaaaaaaaay far back away from where you died and you have to do a bit of backtracking. So that's also annoying. The bosses are also overused and when you fight them the next time they don't really add anything important. Oh yeah, and it has some nice easter eggs too. Spoiler alerts are stupid, this game can't be spoiled. When you beat the game, you can unlock peach's castle and you will find the courtyard from Mario 64 in a secret door that can only be opened by becoming SM64 Mario! Love that. I just can't give this game a 10 because of some annoyances that turn me off a little bit. For example, while going through the desert, there is too much space for its own good because you can't really do anything besides move while you go to the next spot. It's a little too big for its own good. There is also an annoying boss rush mode where when you die, you spawn back and I can see on the ship that the bosses I had defeated were not there but then I had to re fight all the other bosses that I had killed. Very annoying. Now then, the graphics... Beatiful in docked, sometimes a little blurry in portable mode. Docked always looks amazing no matter what. In portable mode, sometimes the game gets a little bit TOO blurry, and then the resolution jumps up then down and up and down. Also, shadow edges look like crap. Now then, the performance... Beautiful in both portable and docked. The game uses dynamic resolution to maintain 60fps almost all the times. The only time I noticed it drop was for a few seconds in new donk city. It also makes the Switch REALLY hot and with it close to me, I could hear the fan going LOUD. The things you do for moons is also somewhat overused. There are multiple places throughout the game that make you put down your hat and do some platforming without your hat. This was fine the first few times, but after maybe the 4th time, I felt it wasn't needed. BUT, the best part is... It's optional! Go find another moon or something, do what you want. Yeah, this game is pretty amazing. Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2017
    Gráficos a la altura de la época. Increible viniendo de una consola tan conservadora y pequeña cómo Switch. Toda una sorpresa. El gameplay cómo siempre es prioridad en Nintendo. Y han enfocado todo su esfuerzo por traer lo mejor de los Super Mario a esta entrega. La variedad y detalles dominan por completo, al igual que la música. La alternativa de jugar con el mando pro de Switch, losGráficos a la altura de la época. Increible viniendo de una consola tan conservadora y pequeña cómo Switch. Toda una sorpresa. El gameplay cómo siempre es prioridad en Nintendo. Y han enfocado todo su esfuerzo por traer lo mejor de los Super Mario a esta entrega. La variedad y detalles dominan por completo, al igual que la música. La alternativa de jugar con el mando pro de Switch, los Joy-con por separado, montados en el grip, en modo tableta o con el control de Gamecube gracias a la actualización 4.0.0 te permiten experimentar el juego asimétrico de forma única. El Framerate y la resolución son una delicia. Definitivamente se merece ser llamado "mejor juego de la historia" Extremadamente recomendado. Expand
  7. Oct 27, 2017
    its pretty good. A bit easy. a bit of a grind. But extremely fun. worth every buck for your muck for switch owners. Does it justify a switch purchase? It really depends on how much you like platformers or value a games difficulty. I personally don't mind too much. But that is just me.
  8. Oct 27, 2017
    Playing SMO after Knack 2 is like eating a proper food after consumed 1 ton of grass. The level design in this game is second to none, the amount of details and unique things in SMO truly made it the exploration became more satisfying compared to previous 3d Mario games. 10/10
  9. Oct 27, 2017
    Un juego fantástico en todos sus apartados en donde una jubabilidad perfecta se combina con un ost exquisito, un estilo artístico precioso, una exploración magnífica y un trabajo mimado hasta el último detalle.
    El mejor juego de Mario creado hasta la época y junta a Legend of Zelda BotW hacen una combinación perfecta para tener un montón de horas de pura diversión.
  10. Oct 27, 2017
    Just spectacular. This game is a love letter to my childhood. It's the Mario 64 sequel that we never got. I liked it more than Zelda. It's amazing what Nintendo does. Mario is back, Nintendo is Back
  11. Oct 27, 2017
    Just here to support the incredible effort that this game is.

Don't bother with the user score, mostly 10 or 0's by fanboys and haters. But you can't deny what this game is, for the industry of the videogames: Showing thart with a lot of care and listening to the fans, a concept like sand-box, plataforming-colectathon can work, be fun, interesting and a fun experience.
  12. Oct 27, 2017
    This is the best game of all time on the Nintendo Switch. You get to explore different worlds and it's a very relaxing game. It's doesn't exist words for how good this game is, it's that good.
  13. Oct 27, 2017
    El mejor Mario hasta la fecha y juego del año 2017, sin palabras tras jugarlo y sin ninguna duda obra maestra ,disfrute de muchos y envidia de otros.
  14. Oct 27, 2017
    This game is fantastic. This game is honestly what I wanted from Mario. It has been so long since I have been this hyped for a Mario. It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe this is happening.
  15. Oct 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 最高に面白い
    過去の作品の中でもとびぬけている。
    特に、アクション性やキャプチャーなどは夢中になって遊べる。
  16. Oct 27, 2017
    La gran obra maestra de Nintendo Switch junto con Breath of the Wild. Un montón de horas de diversión acompañado por un precioso estilo artístico. La combinación perfecta.
  17. Oct 27, 2017
    No hay mucho que decir, despues de muchos años Nintendo sigue refrescando la saga Mario hasta el punto que hoy recibimos unos de los mejores juegos en muchos años, pocas hora llevo pero cada minuto es autentica magia, Nintendo lo ha vuelto hacer, tambien me quedo con el parrafo que lei en un review "En mitad de una tormenta de DLC, pases de temporada, micropagos, cajas de botín, conexiónNo hay mucho que decir, despues de muchos años Nintendo sigue refrescando la saga Mario hasta el punto que hoy recibimos unos de los mejores juegos en muchos años, pocas hora llevo pero cada minuto es autentica magia, Nintendo lo ha vuelto hacer, tambien me quedo con el parrafo que lei en un review "En mitad de una tormenta de DLC, pases de temporada, micropagos, cajas de botín, conexión permanente y otras argucias para sacarnos el dinero de nuevas y molestas formas, Super Mario Odyssey te reconcilia con los videojuegos, te hace recordar por qué los amamos tanto". sin mas que decir, disfrutad el juego Expand
  18. Oct 27, 2017
    A masterpiece! With this and Zelda, Nintendo has created #1 and #2 contenders for Game of the Year! If you don't own a Nintendo Switch, now is the time to get one!
  19. Oct 27, 2017
    My brother and I played this game and fell in love for it. I told my bro to try it out and he couldn't stop playing a game. He never played a nintendo game since the Wii days and thought nintendo is doomed. Now he really loves it!
  20. Oct 27, 2017
    Just one word...WOW!!!
    I have to be honest: The last Super Mario game I really played were Super Mario 64.
    Just one word...WOW!!!
    But this game (I just played 2.5 hours) already convinced me and I am dying to get back home from work and continue playing this masterpiece. It feels like you have been thrown back in time and taking your first steps in Super Mario 64. Okay...it could be possible that there is a little bit of nostalgia that pushes this game from a 9 to a 10. Because it really has its little weak points.
    For example the controls are sometimes mildly imprecise and circuitous when capturing a bullet.
    You have to turn the camera before controlling the bullet without problems.
    But this is some little detail that is forgotten as soon as you jump around the next corner and throw Cappy to fight the next enemies. Long story short: I'm already in love with this game and looking forward to some awesome hours of gameplay.
  21. Nov 5, 2017
    This game is fantastic. The best game of this decade so far. It's the successor of Mario 64, and it beats the predecessor by far. Super Mario Odyssey is the best 3D-Plattforming Adventure ever created!
  22. Oct 27, 2017
    Fantastic game. Amazing to have Mario back in a sandbox environment. So much to do, so much to explore and so much fun to have. The worlds ar vibrant and diverse, there's so many collectibles and the levels have so much variations. Bosses are cleverly made and all the quests will make this game playable for a long time. This is the best Mario game since 64. Just play it.
  23. Oct 27, 2017
    Best Mario game since Mario 64, maybe even better.
    I've been sceptical about that game since the canticles in advance where that high, hyping the game. But now I know these were not just hype, but appropriate for that masterpiece in video gaming.
    Thank you Nintendo!
  24. Oct 27, 2017
    A beautiful game with a very beautiful world
    Kill the fun leaders and have nice side effects and the duration of the game is approximately 20 hours (:
  25. Oct 27, 2017
    Best GAME ALL TIME.
    Best GAME ALL TIME.
    Mario’s games have been around for almost as long as game consoles have been a thing, but thankfully, he’s always evolving. We rarely get the same Mario twice. Super Mario Odyssey delivers on that ongoing promise of originality and innovation: It distills the venerable series’ joyful, irreverent world and characters and best-in-class platforming action, and introduces a steady stream of new and unexpected mechanics. It’s all spun together into a generational masterpiece
  26. Oct 27, 2017
    The best Mario Game ever. And my previous favorite was Galaxy 1, closely followed by sunshine.

To be honest, I was really struggling about buying this game, but I am REALLY glad that I did! Nintendo really knows how to optimize a game to the best. Feels good to play this game in 60FPS. The first Mario actually to run at 60FPS. Now, if you do not own this game, GET IT. If you do not

Now, if you do not own this game, GET IT.
    If you do not own a Switch, get a Switch and then GET MARIO!
  27. Oct 27, 2017
  28. Oct 27, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is as revolutionary to 3D platformers as Super Mario 64 and Sunshine were, and even more fun. A must buy experience for any fan of Nintendo, platformers, or games in general.
  29. Oct 27, 2017
    You remember the blue coins from sunshine? Imagine those, but it's the entire game. Probably the most underwhelming 3D Mario game, but it's still pretty fun. Pick it up if you own a Switch, but don't run out and buy a Switch just because of this game.
  30. Oct 28, 2017
    I think 7 is realistic. The game is polished. It's fun and silly. But difficulty is notched right down. The progression feels a bit muddled also.

The graphics look pixelated. I remind myself that a standard tablet could not run a game as smooth as this... but the jagged graphics still spoil immersion. One good thing I can say is that the gameplay feels solid: a spiritual successor to

One good thing I can say is that the gameplay feels solid: a spiritual successor to Mario 64 (where IMO Sunshine / Galaxy fell short). The Cappy mechanic is great.

Finally a fresh flagship Mario on the Switch. A good showcase for the system. But it's strictly casual.
  31. Oct 27, 2017
    too easy too easy, why? where is the challenge in this SM? i hate this new vision of nintendo, also botw was too easy. ok, nice to play, nice to see, cute things, it's magic but why is so easy?!
  32. Nov 10, 2017
    This game was by far the worst Mario game I have ever played, the game was a huge disappointment and did not live up to the hype at all. The game tries to innovate but ends up being a lackluster experience, why couldn't Mario punch and kick like you could in knack 2? If Nintendo wanted to innovate, they should have followed in knack's footsteps. Why couldn't there be a first-personThis game was by far the worst Mario game I have ever played, the game was a huge disappointment and did not live up to the hype at all. The game tries to innovate but ends up being a lackluster experience, why couldn't Mario punch and kick like you could in knack 2? If Nintendo wanted to innovate, they should have followed in knack's footsteps. Why couldn't there be a first-person shooter mode where you could capture an army man and use his gun to shoot enemies? And New Donk City was a huge disappointment. Nintendo should have gone the extra mile to make Mario be able to capture every single "New Donker" and use each of their unique abilities. The whole game just feels like a copy of Galaxy when you think about it. Cappy is just a less innovative version of Luma. Very disappointed, will be selling back to GameStop. Expand
  33. Nov 1, 2017
    If you like when your platformer games basically play themselves, then this is the game for you. I could beat this in my sleep. Which is useful because with how piss easy this game is, it might end up putting me to sleep. *Yawn*
  34. j-s
    Oct 28, 2017
    I'm really sorry to be saying this at all, but unfortunately this game has failed to live up to the months of hype it has built up, and is a low point for the 3D Mario series, only exceeding 3D World.

An awful camera, forced motion controls, some sudden loss in graphical quality, miniscule worlds, very low difficulty and a gameplay gimmick that wears thin far too quickly are just the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps the most tragic error though is how nannying the experience is.

Collecting a Shine Sprite, or Power Star in previous titles felt highly rewarding because it signifies the end of a challenging gauntlet of platforming variety. In Odyssey, Moons are absolutely everywhere, and unlike, for example, the Shrines in Breath of the Wild, there are simply too many Moons with little gaps between them. Positive reinforcement is one thing, but forcing it every few seconds is a trick that the average player will quickly see through.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 can rest easy - SMO in no way betters upon its prequels and should be avoided unless you are a die-hard fan of the series, and can look past the many flaws
  35. Oct 27, 2017
    This game was literally built for children, it was so easy to beat, you always have the advantage with cap on, allowing you to control other AI was a great idea with such bad execution, new donk city was far the worst 3D rendition of a metropolitan city I've seen in the past recent years, the human AI character models look like human characters models from back in 2002, and I just can'tThis game was literally built for children, it was so easy to beat, you always have the advantage with cap on, allowing you to control other AI was a great idea with such bad execution, new donk city was far the worst 3D rendition of a metropolitan city I've seen in the past recent years, the human AI character models look like human characters models from back in 2002, and I just can't get off how bad the anti-alliasing is...is just too distracting and it disconnects the player from feeling immersed, gameplay wise this game offers nothing new, its not trying to reinvent the wheel, the Cap mechanic was good on paper but giving you the control of almost all AI gives the player almost no challenge.... plus there's no lives in this game, the player gets no punishment for making mistakes making this game just too easy, if you're 10 yrs old this a great game for you, if you're a teen or adult this game is way too easy for you.... you might as well go play captain toads adventure at least that game has puzzles which gives you a bit more of a challenge. Expand
  36. Oct 27, 2017
    O jogo é bom, mas cheio de falhas e não faz nada de tão especial quanto esperávamos, as roupas são só cosmético, tempo de desenvolvimento pra nada, os mundos tem tamanho de fases, não tem nada de mundos neles e o exagero da comunidade nintendista piora ainda mais a experiencia com o jogo, pois, não conseguem perceber os pontos onde o jogo, que é bom, pode ser melhorado.
  37. Nov 6, 2017
    Nada innovador,Siempre la misma mecánica plataformera en el juego de todos los Marios anteriores, la misma historia de salvar al "Princesa en apuros",Baja dificultad todo eso y los malos gráficos en pleno 2017(después de horas de jugarlo se vuelve repetitivo y mono tomo)
  38. Oct 30, 2017
    Este juego me parece patético, falla mas q 1 escopeta de feria es muy repetitivo y monotono... ¿y dicen que será el goty? no me hagais reir por favor. Lo subí a mi canal manuyecla y lo tuve que borrar de lo penoso que era. Siempre haciendo lo mismo. Me esperaba mas accion y no es otro juego plataformero malo y simplon. Nada nuevo bajo el sol. No pueden meter otros personajes? siempre elEste juego me parece patético, falla mas q 1 escopeta de feria es muy repetitivo y monotono... ¿y dicen que será el goty? no me hagais reir por favor. Lo subí a mi canal manuyecla y lo tuve que borrar de lo penoso que era. Siempre haciendo lo mismo. Me esperaba mas accion y no es otro juego plataformero malo y simplon. Nada nuevo bajo el sol. No pueden meter otros personajes? siempre el universo mario... Se merece un 0 como una casa. Expand
  39. Oct 28, 2017
    over rated. nothing new here, same old regurgitated garbage companies have been selling you for decades. its another mediocre game switch owners can leverage to justify a worthless system. oh well, to each his own....................
  40. Oct 28, 2017
    This is more of the same, this is really just a glorified mobile phone game with nothing interesting, maybe its ok for kids though.
    I really dont recomend wasting 60 dollars on this, wait until its like 20, since it is really short and easy, i just returned it to the store and got the fractured but whole instead
  41. Oct 27, 2017
    that game feels like a total knock off of Sonic adventures 1 and 2 cause it is and some of the gameplay feels like it ripped off Sonic adventure as well. I’m surprised that those so called critics have not noticed about it. And a living hat, I’ve never seen anything so dumb in a video game. that game deserves a lower ranking than what it’s received.
  42. Dec 18, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is the champion of the console, and I don't need to explain why, but I'm going to anyway. Expansive levels, dozens of opportunities to capture enemies, tons of ways use your hat to reach new areas, heaps of power moons, stunning sound and music design, bountiful references to Super Mario 64, and extra worlds for completionists to knuckle down on. Mario's return to theSuper Mario Odyssey is the champion of the console, and I don't need to explain why, but I'm going to anyway. Expansive levels, dozens of opportunities to capture enemies, tons of ways use your hat to reach new areas, heaps of power moons, stunning sound and music design, bountiful references to Super Mario 64, and extra worlds for completionists to knuckle down on. Mario's return to the true 3D genre after misadventures such as Super Mario 3D Land and World is absolutely perfect in almost every way, and its never a chore to play Super Mario Odyssey, even after endgame, and is a must have for any Switch owner. But I'd like to have a quick word with Cappy: STOP TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. Expand
  43. Dec 11, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is perhaps the greatest Mario game I've ever played. It's a must have for any switch owner, and if you don't have a switch, this should be the game that sets you over the edge to get one.

First there are the superficial stuff, looks, sounds, smells, tastes etc. The visuals are so wonderfully stylized, ditching the "plastic" vibe from 3D world and Mario + Rabbids

First there are the superficial stuff, looks, sounds, smells, tastes etc.

The visuals are so wonderfully stylized, ditching the "plastic" vibe from 3D world and Mario + Rabbids (which are still great in their own right) for a more realistic - yet still cartoon-y feel. There's so much polish and flair, yet it still remains technically and mechanically accurate. I don't have much more to say for this one, but just know that they're fantastic!

The soundtrack is bar none the best in any Mario game to date, with just about every song perfectly matching it's environment, while being great as standalone songs too! The obvious highlight being Jump Up! Superstar, which has quickly become one of my favorite video game songs. And the sound design is as high quality as you would expect from a Nintendo game, with quite a few being taken from previous installments. Not that it's a bad thing, of course.

The story is about what you'd expect from a Mario game. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and mainly only exists to tie up the whole experience, but that's okay! You don't play Mario games for the story, so I can't say that it was a disappointment. It's fine. I'd quicker say it was above average, than below.

Then there are the Controls, which are by far the best in the series.

Mario's main move-set controls so smoothly, with new moves like the roll - a great and satisfying way to get around quickly. Then there's the ground pound jump, which DID originate in 3D world, but given that games more linear structure, it wasn't particularly helpful. Now though, it's the easiest way to get the most out of your jump. Then there are returning moves, like the triple jump, which is the most forgiving to preform it's ever been, and the dive, which we'll talk more about later. The only casualty this time would be the side flip, which is a bit harder to do now that 8-directional movement is gone, but isn't much of a problem after the first hour or two.

This, is the best new addition to Odyssey - Cappy. Cappy is like a cross between the punch from 64, F.L.U.D.D. from sunshine, and the luma from galaxy. You can throw him on the ground as an attack, or in the air as a course corrector, then use the aforementioned new and improved dive to jump onto Cappy, then throw him, and dive again. This simple move set opens up a HUGE range of possibilities, in fact there have already been discoveries of incredibly precise shortcuts, some intentional, some not.

The motion controls are where things get a little bit controversial though. I personally think they were handled pretty well, not great, but just fine. Shaking the joy-con/pro controller allows you to roll faster, use a homing attack with Cappy, and all around play more efficiently; but at no point are you required to use them. The only problem is that shaking the entire system in handheld mode doesn't feel too great, and thus you always feel like your at a disadvantage when using said mode. Though unless you're doing a speed run, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Finally, the most important part, the gameplay.

Mario Odyssey goes back to the style of 64 and Sunshine. Instead of going the galaxy route, where there are tons of levels, all being linear platforming challenges, containing a couple of stars, there are a lot fewer, open worlds, each containing quite a few of the games main collectibles, power moons. Dozens of these guys are scattered all across every kingdom, some you get for solving puzzles, some for exploration, and some for completing challenges.

Now time for the main game-play "gimmick" of Odyssey, being the ability to capture enemies. It's amazing how they managed to make almost all of them feel so great to control. Each kingdom has it's own few capture-able enemies; they don't drag on with any of them either, they're always quickly moving on to the next one before the previous one gets stale. Throughout the game they make you use every capture in a plethora of unique and creative ways, forcing you to know the ins and outs of how each one works.

In conclusion, Super Mario Odyssey is a blast from beginning to end. I'd have to give it a 9.8/10, but seeing as how I have to choose between a 9 and a 10, I opted for 10. While I don't think it deserves a 10 per-say, (but what game does?) giving it a mere 9 would be criminal. Go get this game right now.
  44. Dec 16, 2017
    The best Mario game in years, it's amazing how Nintendo can still keep renewing itself.
    For me this was the game of the year, all its sections are greatly cared for.
    This game is 10/10
  45. Mar 24, 2019
    Super Mario Odyssey will most likely be remembered and ranked among the greatest and best games in the lauded series, alongside legendary titles like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64. If you've ever played and enjoyed a Super Mario game, you will love SMO. There is no better 3D platforming experience anywhere.
  46. Oct 9, 2018
    Amazing game. I'm finding myself constantly surprised by just how much SMO has had to offer and am still playing regularly a long time after release. The controls are intuitive, the level designs are ingenious and the plot/characters make it a whirlwind of fun.

I only have two criticisms preventing a solid 10/10 - firstly the multiplayer mode is very lacklustre leaving very little for the Cappy player to occupy themselves with, and secondly it is annoying that some features aren't accessible whilst using a pro controller, but not game-breaking.
  47. Dec 1, 2020
    A great modern new Mario game. It's a breath of fresh air to actually get a good one since Sunshine and Galaxy were just meh. This one brings back most of Mario's moves and maneuvers from Mario 64 with some new added features that make him control so damn well in this one. The story was decent, but who plays Mario games for the story amirite? The boss fights were fun and most of the worldsA great modern new Mario game. It's a breath of fresh air to actually get a good one since Sunshine and Galaxy were just meh. This one brings back most of Mario's moves and maneuvers from Mario 64 with some new added features that make him control so damn well in this one. The story was decent, but who plays Mario games for the story amirite? The boss fights were fun and most of the worlds were awesome. A couple uninspired and boring ones but I can look past them. Another thing I don't like however is how many power moons feels shoehorned into this game. In Mario 64, there was always a puzzle or platforming challenge needed to obtain the star and 100% it. In this one, most of them feel like filler to stretch the game out longer than it actually is.

Other than the cons, this game does put a smile on anyone's face especially when you reach New Donk City which is my favorite part of the game. There are still lots of things to have fun in this one. If you own a switch and haven't played it then get on it!
  48. Dec 28, 2018
    We all remember Super Mario 64, right? (Okay, probably not EVERYONE) Well, in that game, you had 120 Stars to collect. In Super Mario Odyssey, however, you have a whopping 999 MOONS TO COLLECT! That's 879 more Moons! In this game, collecting them doesn't feel like a chore! (to me, at least) Super Mario Odyssey is truly the best Mario game of 2017.
  49. Dec 17, 2017
    Well i can barely say something has not been said, everything about this adventure is top tier, the only bad thing i found is how is not fully playable at portable mode but thats a minimal compared to the rest.
  50. Dec 6, 2017
    Maravilloso, es un juego con el que te sientes agradecido de que todavía existan juegos hechos con cariño, pensando en el jugador y no en su cartera. Historia pues la de siempre, simple pero no necesita más, lo más importante es el viaje que realizas tomando el tiempo que necesites parándote a observar los maravillosos paisajes y sus detalles escuchando a su vez la gran banda sonora.Maravilloso, es un juego con el que te sientes agradecido de que todavía existan juegos hechos con cariño, pensando en el jugador y no en su cartera. Historia pues la de siempre, simple pero no necesita más, lo más importante es el viaje que realizas tomando el tiempo que necesites parándote a observar los maravillosos paisajes y sus detalles escuchando a su vez la gran banda sonora. Gráficamente es asombroso, cuesta creer que una en una consola tan pequeña pueda lucir así de bien y encima a 60fps(en algunos puntos hay bajones pero no son molestos). Es increíble que siendo una franquicia tan antigua siga luciendo fresco e innovador y que Nintendo todavía siga haciendo cosas nuevas, la inclusión de Cappy y todo lo que gira en torno a la "posesión" es espectacular, casi dependemos totalmente de él. Quizá no le doy una mejor nota porque no es del todo lo que esperaba, algo como el primer Galaxy, pero es un juego que debes tener si amas los videojuegos y tienes una Switch. Expand
  51. Dec 6, 2017
    It's Mario the king of video games. Feel so great to play this game and have a lot of fun on collecting the moons and the region coins. Mario make me feel happy and want to play more video games.
  52. Dec 18, 2017
    Cappy! Alright, I was pretty skeptical about this Mario entry but after completely (and I mean 100% all stars/moons, all levels beat, and all bosses destroyed) I can say without a doubt this is a superior Mario game. Nintendo you produced a flawless game! The music was so so enjoyable (I would go to certain worlds and areas just to hear it again until I got the music tab unlocked) and ICappy! Alright, I was pretty skeptical about this Mario entry but after completely (and I mean 100% all stars/moons, all levels beat, and all bosses destroyed) I can say without a doubt this is a superior Mario game. Nintendo you produced a flawless game! The music was so so enjoyable (I would go to certain worlds and areas just to hear it again until I got the music tab unlocked) and I enjoyed the hat mechanics introduced in this game. If you're waiting to get this game I'd say don't wait any longer :) Expand
  53. Dec 19, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is a must-get to all Switch owners and, to be honest, even people who don't own Switches. The game is brimming with creativity and every single aspect of the game is executed perfectly, from the movement to the the music and all the little details. It is safe to say that the next big game to be excited for should definitely be Super Mario Odyssey 2! Thank you NintendoSuper Mario Odyssey is a must-get to all Switch owners and, to be honest, even people who don't own Switches. The game is brimming with creativity and every single aspect of the game is executed perfectly, from the movement to the the music and all the little details. It is safe to say that the next big game to be excited for should definitely be Super Mario Odyssey 2! Thank you Nintendo for this beautiful game you have given to us. Expand
  54. Aug 16, 2018
    Extremely well thought through mechanically just like Zelda BOTW or Maria Wii. Feels like all the best bits of Maria in one, especially with the throwback challenges. Only negative is the longevity. Only 12 worlds means I completed it in less than 10 hours.
  55. Jul 30, 2018
    When Nintendo first unveiled Super Mario Odyssey, it was clear they were attempting to recapture the audience that grew up on old school 3D Mario’s. Visually at least, Super Mario Odyssey was the game we all wanted, but does it deliver?

Mario is joined this time on his adventure by Cappy, a sentient hat-being that lives on Mario’s head. He can throw Cappy like a boomerang to retrieve coins, or use Cappy as a platform to jump higher and further than ever before. Plus, a second player can join in the fun by controlling Mario’s hat similar to the Lumas in Super Mario Galaxy. In single player mode, Cappy feels like F.L.U.D.D. from Super Mario Sunshine with an upgraded personality. This becomes apparent when trying to defeat levels without your trusty companion as playing without cappy can feel like a handicap.

The level design in Super Mario Odyssey is incredible and the music provides plenty of goosebumps with a sense of nostalgia. I nearly had tears in my eyes listening to a certain song in New Donk City. The game feels somewhat easy and on the short side, but there are enough power moons and costumes to collect that provide just the right amount of content for a completionist. All in all, Super Mario Odyssey was the game I wanted so I can say with full confidence that Nintendo delivered. Final verdict: 9/10.
  56. Aug 27, 2018
    Great game, all the catching mechanics was so innovative! Some levels were very difficult, and the music was perfect
  57. Oct 17, 2018
    Nintendo still got it! This game is amazing. The graphics are nice and the level design is much fun. Every area feels different and looks great. The music very well done. Unfornately there is not much story. This is to be expected since Nintendo never really suceeded in that part. The gameplay however makes more than up for con. For me this is the best mario game since the mario GalaxyNintendo still got it! This game is amazing. The graphics are nice and the level design is much fun. Every area feels different and looks great. The music very well done. Unfornately there is not much story. This is to be expected since Nintendo never really suceeded in that part. The gameplay however makes more than up for con. For me this is the best mario game since the mario Galaxy series. I hope we get to see a mario odessey 2 in the future. Expand
  58. Oct 9, 2018
    The best Mario game since Super Mario 64. The gameplay builds on its predecessors and adds new and exciting feature like Cappy and the ability to become enemy characters. The using the joy-cons to control Mario takes a bit of a curb but is much more entertaining than using a regular controller. The music is the best of the series, with a lot of songs that just put a smile on your face.
  59. Dec 17, 2018
    This game was probably made for kids half my age. Very creative however. Actually extremely creative. And more game developers with this obvious love for game design need to be acknowledged. It was a challenge here and their but nothing that took more than 3 goes. 5 maybe at most for the final boss battle. They were different enough however and for each world you learn new things and areThis game was probably made for kids half my age. Very creative however. Actually extremely creative. And more game developers with this obvious love for game design need to be acknowledged. It was a challenge here and their but nothing that took more than 3 goes. 5 maybe at most for the final boss battle. They were different enough however and for each world you learn new things and are encouraged to be creative yourself. in fact this game rewards your own creativity too. This game is a deserved 10. Will i remember it forever? probably not. But in my age of sweet 19 it has been along time since i sat down for 3-4 days straight and beat a game. Let alone a child's one. It may not be as memorable as skyrim or such but it has fulfilled its duty. To be fun. It also does something more though. Make me feel smart. Which is probably due to it being a child's game. But such is life. Very good game. Get fo your kids fo sure. Expand
  60. Dec 19, 2018
    I love this mario game. It's a lovely sandbox mario and it's very good with the controls and feel of the game. You should pick up a switch for this game!
  61. Jan 2, 2019
    Awesome game for the first switch Mario game it was fantastic, amazing. For all the mario game I played not to hard not to easy. Awesome world designs, Graphics got really developed. Story always same but it's real fun to travel all the worlds and stages. Open your wallet
  62. Mar 22, 2020
    The game is absolutely packed full of charm and content and brings 3D Mario back to it's beloved roots. It's a well known fact that this is one of the best games on the Switch. My only complaints are that the most interesting worlds are also the shortest - some being just for a single moon - and there are so many moons that it becomes almost arbitrary to find them all (and I'm aThe game is absolutely packed full of charm and content and brings 3D Mario back to it's beloved roots. It's a well known fact that this is one of the best games on the Switch. My only complaints are that the most interesting worlds are also the shortest - some being just for a single moon - and there are so many moons that it becomes almost arbitrary to find them all (and I'm a completionist). All in all, the best 3D platformer in recent years. Expand
  63. Nov 29, 2020
    Of course, great game. But I think it's far from perfect for many reasons. We all know the good stuff so I'll skip it.

-The controls are good but starts to get clunky the moment you control an enemy, which is a problem since there is a lot of platform challenges that you have to do while controlling an enemy. So it add in difficulty but not for a good reason. -The music are good but

-The music are good but since you don't get booted out of the world when you find a power moon, it means you can stay 30 minutes in the same stage if you want, meaning that you'll hear the 2 minutes soundtrack a loooot during that time of exploration. And that will make you bored of the melody quite faster, which is kinda sad.

-Litterally a third of all the power moons (so around 300) feels like they are just there to fill the game. A lot of them are just impossible to find if you don't go search on the internet. So yeah, it rewards you for exploring, but also punish you for exploring 1h a damn power moon and not finding it because it's ridiculously hidden without any clues.

I also think the story could have been thrown out at that point since it's totally useless. I would have prefer a simple ''find everything to repair X thing'' because the marriage thing is lame ( and so outdated, come on Nintendo).
  64. Apr 12, 2021
    A magnificent 3D platformer, full of references to older Mario games.
    Graphically it's stunning for a Nintendo game, the musical score carries the whole thing majestically and the controls are neat as we're used to in Mario games, while offering a few new concepts which are refreshing and probably becoming a staple in future Mario games.
  65. Aug 2, 2018
    Right after legend of zelda i jumped straight into mario odyssey so i could review it right after and i finished it and i gotta be honest i can see why people were hyped about it but at the same time i cant really see this game being a game of the year nominee let me explain why
    nintendo uses this really jewish and lazy technique called if its not broken don't fix it what i mean by that is nintendo recycling almost everything from previous games like bosses needing 3 hits to die and they did took features from mario 64 and mario galaxy although they did add some new stuff like new and refreshing bosses and awesome good looking maps but even after all the new stuff it felt like i was playing another typical mario game that except for the hat ghost didn't put anything new there were cool moments in this game like the wanna be new york kindom and a dragon boss and the ending boss (bowser) but except for that they always throw at you these team rocket wanna be bunnies that work for bowser and you fight them almost the whole game again there are bosses that aren't them but most of the bosses are these 4 bunnies and i really don't understand why there are no power ups like i understand that you can just possess a monster and get its powers but still even one power up could make the game better after you finish the game there is endgame and the game asks you to collect a lot of moons and i really mean a looot of them but the reward you get for it is awful you just re battle boswer and at the end you get a thank you and some fireworks which is really stupid so don't bother to 100% the game because there is no satisfying reward awaiting for you another thing i don't understand is the co op in this game because one of your friends plays the hat ghost and the other mario basically meaning that the one that plays mario is doing all the work while the other that plays the hat ghost does nothing and sometimes just watches

At the end i did enjoy this game and there were moments where i wanted to just turn of the switch because they were repetitive but the game is a cool time waster and its not serious at all so you can take it anywhere i give this game a 8/10 i do recommend it but after the price drops a little bit
  66. Bem
    Feb 18, 2019
    This game was absolutely phenomenal. The graphics were amazing, but the realistic style of the city and the cartoony style of Mario didn't mix well. Unless you have piss-poor taste, the music was fantastic. I love the mobility you have in this game; Cappy allows you to have a plethora of options regarding mobility, but the ability to possess objects and enemies with Cappy was the absoluteThis game was absolutely phenomenal. The graphics were amazing, but the realistic style of the city and the cartoony style of Mario didn't mix well. Unless you have piss-poor taste, the music was fantastic. I love the mobility you have in this game; Cappy allows you to have a plethora of options regarding mobility, but the ability to possess objects and enemies with Cappy was the absolute deal breaker for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the motion controls, the game was a bit short, the difficulty was lacking, and various mechanics weren't used to their full potential. Overall, Mario Odyssey is a fantastic game. Expand
  67. Oct 29, 2017
    Want some good doses of dopamine? This game will make smile all the way through. Not just only that, but it is another crowning anchievement for the super mario series and a must buy for thr switch owners. Spend around 20 hours getting through the ending and after that I still have loads to do!
  68. Oct 29, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is a gem in the Mario 3D games or even one of the best Video Games Of all time! The Controls are amazing, The Gameplay Is Fantastic, and It comes with a lot of Easter eggs for players all around the world to play. Super Mario Odyssey is The Best 3D Mario Game and I hope DLC or a sequel would come for players to come back to play this gem of a game!
  69. Aug 12, 2018
    5 out of 5.
    This game is pure platforming fun. Each level requires you to go through the level and acquire moons to get to the level. Simple, but the level design is so good you’ll go moon hunting far beyond the required number. There are many costumes and collectibles to go after. Possibly the best Mario 3D game, loads of fun here.
  70. Oct 5, 2018
    A literal masterpiece. Right up there with Super Mario 64 and Sunshine. a MUST play. Brought tears to my eyes as Super Mario 64 is the first game i ever played.
  71. Dec 7, 2018
    Odyssey is pure joy. While not as emotionally deep as Galaxy, Odyssey is so absurdly fun. The worlds are deep and simplistic, while still maintaining a complex nature. The music is great, and the gameplay is better. Odyssey brings about that youth-like enthusiasm that we can't bring out in ourselves. Odyssey has a special whimsicality to it that will never be forgotten.

YOU CAN BE A GOOMBAS!!
  72. Apr 26, 2019
    Это первоклассный трёхмерный платформер - эталон жанра, который вполне мог бы стать систем-селлером, если бы не Зельда, перетянувшая одеяло на себя. В игре идеально почти всё!
    Сначала о плюсах:
    Сначала о плюсах:
    - довольно технологичная для такого слабого железа графика, выглядящая современно в рамках визуально стиля. Высокая стабильная частота кадров, хорошее сглаживание и чёткие текстуры без мыла - придраться к чему либо очень непросто!
    - работа художников создавших окружение и персонажей просто отвал башки - игра очень красивая и умиляет в ней абсолютно всё. Живой пример того, что надо хорошо работать с визуалом, а не кичиться топовыми текстурами!
    - продуманный отточенный геймплей с большим количеством новых механик для серии. Марио умеет очень много всякого для взаимодействия с миром игры - разновидностей прыжков наверное с десяток + паркур + метание шляпы + вселение в персонажей.
    - «Зашляпливание» - не только официальный термин в игре, но и целая глобальная геймплейгая фича! У Марио есть компаньон в виде шляпы, с помощью которого можно и нужно вселяться в различных персонажей и ими управлять. Игра удивляет от начала и до конца новыми возможностями, которые весьма изобретательны.
    - простой ненавязчивый сюжет, не отвлекающий от исследования мира, но при этом не ощущающийся как будто добавлен для галочки. Он развлекает, заинтересовывает, но не грузит.
    - обилие контента. В игре более десятка больших открытых локаций, в которых спрятано столько всего, что просто диву даёшься! Игра просто нашпигована всем необходимым доверху, чтобы полностью освоить все навыки и наиграть вдоволь!
    - комфортная сложность. Сама сюжетная кампания лёгкая, но после прохождения истории начинается челлендж.
    - грамотно вкраплённые 2D уровни в игровые локации. Мало того, что ностальгия, так ещё и качественно сделаны - каждый костюм в игре отрисован в двухмерной проекции и переходы из 2D в 3D осуществляется плавно, не вызывая диссонанса.
    - эпичная концовка. Красиво выглядит и звучит, доставляя непомерное ощущение радости. Великолепный бомбезный финал, просто супер!

Минусы:
    - управление чересчур перегруженное, вдобавок требующее ювелирной точности и это ещё при том, что оно серьёзно завязано на физике.
    - ракурсы камеры порой натурально сбивают с толку. Периодически непонятно долетишь до следующей платформы или нет? Думаешь, что не долетишь, а наоборот перелетаешь!

Моя оценка 9,5 из 10. Лучший платформер в моей жизни и будь игра проще и отзывчивее в управлении, поставил бы десятку! С удовольствием проведу в игре ещё пару десятков часов и возможно соберу оставшиеся луны:)

Если у вас есть Свитч и вы не играли в Одисси, то не понимаю чего вы ждёте, а если нет Свитча и вы собираетесь его купить, то эту игру берите одну из первых - она прекрасна!
  73. Oct 27, 2017
    mario es el petsonaje que cada vez que sale un juego de el re-define el camino de la industria, odyssey marca otro paso muy grande de diseño en niveles de ahora en adelante, excelente juego que necesitaba Nintendo Switch y lo necesitas tu en tu vida
  74. Oct 28, 2017
    Fantastic game. This game snatched my life away. It is the best Mario game I have ever played. Also best switch game of the year. The breathtaking graphics blew me away. The gameplay is so smooth and it controls perfectly. This game has so many unique things too discover that I never want to stop playing this game, EVER. Every single world I have visited has been amazing in its own way.Fantastic game. This game snatched my life away. It is the best Mario game I have ever played. Also best switch game of the year. The breathtaking graphics blew me away. The gameplay is so smooth and it controls perfectly. This game has so many unique things too discover that I never want to stop playing this game, EVER. Every single world I have visited has been amazing in its own way. The music is also great! You will enjoy this game no matter what, even if your hate Mario games you will still enjoy this masterpiece of a game. Expand
  75. Oct 30, 2017
    This game is just a masterpiece! So much fun playing with my gf everytime we can. Along with zelda botw we all have 2 amazing games to enjoy for months.
  76. Oct 30, 2017
    Yes this game is as good as the hype. I played it three days straight now and have not been able to put it down. There are so many things to discover and collect. So many beautiful references to the older games.
    The last boss fight is absolutely epic for a Mario game. I loved it.
    The last boss fight is absolutely epic for a Mario game. I loved it.
    The charme is off the hook, the music is great as always. It's everything a fan of the franchise wants and more.
    If you're a fan of the series, buy it! You will love it!
  77. Oct 27, 2017
    A few hours into thw game and it seems pretty good... not on zelda botw level or mario galaxy level imo but a pretty good game. The controls seem a bit sensitive with mario feeling like he slides and has a late response when you initially start moving which can screw you over on many occasions. Dont understand how it is at a high 90 rating but i would agree with a high 80 rating
  78. Oct 28, 2017
    This game is great. This game shows how a platform game has to be done. The way the created the new mechanic of capy is amazing and how each world was built based on this mechanic is on of the best things I have experienced in a platform game.
  79. Oct 29, 2017
    I am not a huge Mario or platformer fan (2d or 3d) but I cannot deny that Mario Odyssey is an excellent game, well paced although some would say it is a bit easy, but there is plenty of challenge if you branch out from just the story. Mario controls great and there is definitely going to be some pretty advanced sequence breaking going on in Odyssey.
    Odyssey is an instant classic and
    Odyssey is an instant classic and alongside BOTW an essential Switch title.

I still remember how in awe I was when i played Mario 64 on the N64 as a teenager, Mario Odyssey really reminds me of that game, it really is a true follow up to Mario 64 and while due to the times that initial awe is a little harder to achieve over my playthrough a similar awe developed for Mario Odyssey, with the 2d sections the HD rumble and motion controls and the fluid and creative movement of Mario and the possibilities each world holds. This game is amazing.
  80. Oct 29, 2017
    This game was truly amazing. The level design is great, bosses are super! And the capture ability changes everything. Along with the costumes, costumes made the game look more cool! The ending was lovely.
  81. Oct 29, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey is a 10 out of 10, as you know, Mario is back! And btw his hat gets stomped on by Bowser who will have a wedding with Peach even if he kidnapped her a lot of times in other games? Anyways the point is the city is one of the best maps in Odyssey, I don't have the game yet but can't wait to play it!
  82. Oct 28, 2017
    hermoso juego, jugable y gráficamente. un gran mundo para explorar las cuales con su nueva habilidad de controlar a los enemigos se convierte en nuevo mundo
  83. Oct 28, 2017
    Hace años que un juego no me había dado tan elevado nivel de diversión y alegría. Y ahora, este año, Nintendo ha sacado a BotW y a Super Mario Odyssey. Cada uno tiene lo suyo. Pero ambos son los mejores juegos que haya jugado en mi vida.
  84. Nov 2, 2017
    Mario is back in the strongest form ever. Pure fun, new ideas, perfect retro 2D parts. Best Game of the 2017! I was thinking that Mario Galaxy is the TOP. But I was wrong. Welcome new KinG!
  85. Oct 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Que quieren que les diga, es un Mario en toda regla, cumple con todas las expectativas. Si lo que quieres es volver a tu infancia, no se diga mas juega este maravilla, que cosas así no abundan hoy en día. Expand
  86. Oct 29, 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey es una maravilla gráfica, una explosión de colores y personajes pintorescos que te alegrarán cada vez que enciendas tu Switch, tanto en tu TV, en el transporte o con tus amigos. El OST maneja un estilo muy libre y desenfadado, es relajante en cada paso que Mario da por la variedad de mundos que engloba esta nueva aventura. Aprovecha dentro de sus mecánicas el uso de losSuper Mario Odyssey es una maravilla gráfica, una explosión de colores y personajes pintorescos que te alegrarán cada vez que enciendas tu Switch, tanto en tu TV, en el transporte o con tus amigos. El OST maneja un estilo muy libre y desenfadado, es relajante en cada paso que Mario da por la variedad de mundos que engloba esta nueva aventura. Aprovecha dentro de sus mecánicas el uso de los joy-con, dando la sensación de inmersión en el manejo de Cappy. Esta entrega y The Legend of Zelda BotW son la mejor excusa para adquirir un Nintendo Switch. Expand
  87. Oct 29, 2017
    Seriously an amazing game. Probably one of the best Switch games so far. It brings back the memories of previous 3D platform era mario games and adds more. The visualls look great and I have not experienced any issues. There's not to many kingdoms but each kingdom is so vast and has so much to do and explore theirs no need for any more. Overall a very good and fun Mario game.
  88. Oct 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is wonderful, full the to brim with things to do, replay-ability is through the roof, and a great test of skill. I wish the story was more rung out. I hate how most of the bosses are just re appearances, and that the story is able to be complete in 24 hours. However after the story there are still Kingdoms to find! and if you cant find any power moons, just go to the hat shop and buy 10, 100 coins each. Most things are complete hits, and very few things are complete misses, but they're there. Also, with the reward of not spoiling things for myself all those months, the best surprise was finding Yoshi on Peach's Castle, just like in 64. Expand
  89. Oct 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mejor que BOTW!!!!!!
    Ok, en realidad el inicio puede llegar a sentirse lento pero no por ello aburrido, para los que hablan de dificultad, a excepcion de "Lost levels" y algunos niveles (la carrera perfecta o el camino del campeon por ejemplo), los videojuegos de Mario nunca han sido especialmente dificiles, lo que se aprecia es el valor de rejugabilidad que estos tienen, apartado en el que Oddyssey resalta de una manera titanica, tal vez las lunas sean mas faciles de conseguir que las estrellas o soles de los niveles previos pero estamos concientes de que no son 10 o 20, son probablemente mas de 50 o 60, podemos comprobarlo cuando partimos de un nivel con 30 lunas y tenemos el conocimiento y la sensacion de que no hemos terminado con este.
    El gameplay, es unico, nunca habiamos tenido uno tan variado y es de reconocer el trabajo que conlleva crear una forma de jugar para los diferentes enemigos que es posible capturar.
    Los graficos, son muy buenos y no estan para nada pixeleados como dice la mayoria, el rendimiento es bastante bueno, aunado a los tiempos de carga de menos de 5 segundos.
    El hype creado no esta infundado, no sabria decir si es mejor que Galaxy 1, 2 o Mario 64 pero si podemos aclarar que es un videojuego digno de un 10.
  90. Oct 29, 2017
    Simplemente la obra maestra que necesitaba Nintendo para lograr reubicarse en el podio consolero. Podemos considerarlo como el Juego del año, sino de la década (2010-2020). Una combinación perfecta de innovación, extrema creatividad, y respeto de los antecesores de 8, 16, y 64 bits. Infinidad de detalles que lo hacen un título exquisito, y jugabilidad/banda sonora en perfecta armonía conSimplemente la obra maestra que necesitaba Nintendo para lograr reubicarse en el podio consolero. Podemos considerarlo como el Juego del año, sino de la década (2010-2020). Una combinación perfecta de innovación, extrema creatividad, y respeto de los antecesores de 8, 16, y 64 bits. Infinidad de detalles que lo hacen un título exquisito, y jugabilidad/banda sonora en perfecta armonía con los paisajes. Sobresaliente. Expand
  91. Oct 30, 2017
    Una delicia, Una mezcla de Mario64 y el Sunshine. Un espectaculo jugarlo, cada pantalla deseas que no se termine, gracias Nintendo, cada dia me gusta mas esta consola.
  92. Nov 1, 2017
    So far, this is definitely my favorite Mario game of this last decade. It keeps most of the mechanics from classic Mario games but improved in almost every way. The wide variety of movements not just remember the Mario 64 times but brings back the feeling of challenge to clear the levels missing in some of the latest entries.
  93. Oct 27, 2017
    Amazing level design and gameplay, encourage exploration and joy. controlling Mario feels and tastes like butter. Latest research shows playing Mario games will protect your brain against degenerative brain disease, take a break from all those triple A FPS and play something complete different from any other games around.
  94. Oct 27, 2017
    esse jogo é simplesmente um dos melhores de todos os tempos, há uma infinidade de coisas para fazer, você é livre para fazer "missões" a vontade, combinado a um gameplay simples e empolgante, faz você relembrar a magia dos jogos do Super Mario
  95. Oct 27, 2017
    Say hello to another 10/10 collector because new SMO it's one of the best Mario I ever played (since 1995 When I first try SMB on C64) Absolutely briliant and ideal for Switch.

This game is another a big reason after Zelda to buy Switch!

Great Job Nintendo!
  96. Oct 27, 2017
    About 6 hours in and i have barely noticed the time going by. This is a HIGH quality game. Nintendo has taken the 3D Mario experience to the next level. There's so much to do and LOTS of hidden secrets everywhere to be found, New features, the ability to change clothes etc.. Ignore the PS fan boy **** attempting to sabotage the score because it's a Nintendo game, I've the new AssassinsAbout 6 hours in and i have barely noticed the time going by. This is a HIGH quality game. Nintendo has taken the 3D Mario experience to the next level. There's so much to do and LOTS of hidden secrets everywhere to be found, New features, the ability to change clothes etc.. Ignore the PS fan boy **** attempting to sabotage the score because it's a Nintendo game, I've the new Assassins creed sitting there not even out of the wrapper. Having too much fun on Mario to even open it. If you own a Switch then this is a MUST BUY GAME! Expand
  97. Oct 27, 2017
    É incrível como a Nintendo consegue sempre inovar em seus jogos, o jogo não é em 4K, não possui gráficos realistas, pois a Nintendo não se importa com isso, outras plataformas já fazem este serviço. A Nintendo está realmente preocupada com a jogabilidade e com a experiência do jogador e isso não tem para ninguém.

A Nintendo está, como nunca antes, no caminho certo. Mais uma compra

A Nintendo está, como nunca antes, no caminho certo.

Mais uma compra obrigatória para quem tem Switch.
  98. Oct 27, 2017
    Um dos melhores se não O mlehor mario de longe, jogo lindo e bem feito e formoso , com muitas coisas para fazer mesmo apos fechando, e assim o switch segue em disparado com os melhores jogos
  99. Oct 27, 2017
    A superb and FUN game. The hours I will put into this will be immense. Fantastically colourful, and nostalgic to boot. The best Mario game ever made, and everyone can play it.
  100. Oct 27, 2017
    This game is fantastic, not only from a nostalgic point of view but from a technical angle as well. I really like it and feel it really fills out the switch library, its an essential.

Universal acclaim - based on 113 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2018
    The best entry to the best platforming series is so ridiculously huge it’s like a theme park made of theme parks. It’s a wonderful tribute to Super Mario 64, but it’s not a lazy homage. Super Mario Odyssey draws inspiration from the superb classic to top it and everything that came after it. [13/2017, p.38]
  2. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Jan 7, 2018
    Perhaps no past Mario game has ever elicited so many smiles as this, and even if every other winning aspect of its design were set aside, that reality alone would make it a masterpiece. [Issue #31 – January/February 2018, p. 39E]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 2, 2018
    Probably the best Mario game and one of the best games of this year. Pure, uncompromised entertainment with lots of fresh ideas and worlds that are a pleasure to discover. [Issue#280]