5.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 18, 2022
    One of the best -- arguably THE best -- tactical Roleplaying games of all time, on the Switch with a few new quality-of-life updates. What's not to love? Pairing intricate tactical combat with a consistently engaging and compelling (if perhaps somewhat overwrought) narrative and gorgeous soundtrack, Tactics Ogre is one of the finest SRPG experiences out there. Fans of the genre owe it toOne of the best -- arguably THE best -- tactical Roleplaying games of all time, on the Switch with a few new quality-of-life updates. What's not to love? Pairing intricate tactical combat with a consistently engaging and compelling (if perhaps somewhat overwrought) narrative and gorgeous soundtrack, Tactics Ogre is one of the finest SRPG experiences out there. Fans of the genre owe it to themselves to play through it, at least once. Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2022
    Very strange why there a lot of negative scores.
    Tactics Ogre Reborn on Switch its one of the best TRPG with new orchestered soundtrack, rebalanced gameplay, better image quality and incredible performance, 720p 60fps in portable mode and 1080p 60fps in docked mode. Original game was good, but this remaster much better for new players.
    Square Enix made really good remaster, as for me,
    Very strange why there a lot of negative scores.
    Square Enix made really good remaster, as for me, it's cost own price.
  3. Jan 9, 2023
    This game absolutely rules. Probably the best tactical RPG I have ever played. I've finished it and I'm already deep in playing it a second time. There's a TON of content and the systems are simple but deep. An absolute joy to play. The story is actually interesting too, and the voice acting is high quality.
  4. Jan 4, 2023
    Decent game that still left me underwhelmed. I never played the original so I went in kind of blind. I was a fan of many SRPGs over the years but admittedly it has been a very long time since one really captured me. It’s tough to review this game without drawing parallels to Triangle Strategy. The combat, the story, the voice acting, and the music all feel superior to Triangle Strategy,Decent game that still left me underwhelmed. I never played the original so I went in kind of blind. I was a fan of many SRPGs over the years but admittedly it has been a very long time since one really captured me. It’s tough to review this game without drawing parallels to Triangle Strategy. The combat, the story, the voice acting, and the music all feel superior to Triangle Strategy, which felt like a very watered down SRPG designed to be more approachable to a wider audience. So there is a lot to appreciate about this game. The era of SRPGs is over and the formula feels rather dated, and given that this is a remake, it really created very few waves. What I’m realizing is that this type of game appeals to a very small niche market, so you will either love it or hate it. I just was not enjoying it, although I can appreciate what it offers. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2022
    Good-
    Engrossing story and world-building; Tough choices; Deep, addictive progression and combat mechanics; Smart quality-of-life improvements.
    Bad- New party level cap system feels restrictive; Bland visuals. Thoughts- But though its visual update is a disappointing one, it’s not nearly enough to overcome the fact that Tactics Ogre: Reborn is still an excellently retooled and
    Good-

Bad-
    New party level cap system feels restrictive; Bland visuals.

Thoughts-
    But though its visual update is a disappointing one, it’s not nearly enough to overcome the fact that Tactics Ogre: Reborn is still an excellently retooled and refreshed version of what is, in no vague terms, a legendary RPG. For fans of strategy RPGs, Tactics Ogre is almost required reading, but for years, circumstances have made it so that it hasn’t exactly been easily accessible to the masses. Now, Square Enix has brought a new and improved version of the game that, in spite of its visual woes, shines a bright and flattering light on it. If you have any interest in this genre, to not give Tactics Ogre: Reborn would be a big mistake.
  6. Nov 17, 2022
    The greatest Tactics RPG ever made. The story feels like good episodes of Game of Thrones, and the gameplay has been updated for modern audiences. I've put 100's of hours into this and the original.

The negative reviews like you see from KrillerBomb are a joke, not specific and should be safely ignored.
  7. Nov 20, 2022
    Muy buen juego, realmente un maximo exponente en el genero de los juegos tacticos RPG
  8. Nov 19, 2022
    I really enjoy this game. The difficulty is about right - I rarely get game overs but I'm often very close to screwing up the missions. The sound is excellent, and I really enjoy the voice acting. The game doesn't always do a great job explaining how the item mechanics work, but once you experiment everything becomes pretty clear. Everyone should let the game show the story when startingI really enjoy this game. The difficulty is about right - I rarely get game overs but I'm often very close to screwing up the missions. The sound is excellent, and I really enjoy the voice acting. The game doesn't always do a great job explaining how the item mechanics work, but once you experiment everything becomes pretty clear. Everyone should let the game show the story when starting up to know what is going on. My main gripe with the game is the user interface on some of the menus - these should have been modernized. But otherwise, this is a very good Super Nintendo / PSP remake that has interesting mechanics like choices determining the story. It's a lot of fun, as long as you aren't one of these retards who buys games for pretty graphics over mechanics. Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2022
    This is the game you all need. However, not all of you probably deserve it.

Tactis Ogre does not require any presentation for most old gamers. It is the oldest brother of the astonishing Final Fantasy Tactis, which takes a lot after it. This new "Reborn" version gets rid of the job level system and introduce a new level cap system. I can't say if it's better than the previous
    This is the game you all need. However, not all of you probably deserve it.

This new "Reborn" version gets rid of the job level system and introduce a new level cap system. I can't say if it's better than the previous version, but limiting your level surely does not allow you to break the game any more and let you avoid much of the grinding, which can be tedious for some people. Casual battles are no more, replaced by mock ones, where you do not lose any character who passes away (they would simply disappear from the match), but at the same time you will gain no money or items as reward, just experience points.

Apart from these novelties, you will find the same game it was before, which is the best possible outcome since it is already perfect as it is and does need no changes at all; nevertheless, I must confess new sprites would have been appreciated, but it's just a trifle.

Compared to the modern Triangle Strategy, TOR has a much deeper gameplay, since the former is oversimplified to satisfy newcomers, and, looking at the sales, Artdink has hit the target. The storyline in TOR also proceeds very swiftly, while in TS the plot pace is very slow, with dozens, if not hundreds, of lines between two matches. Surely, TS characters make up for their lack of customization by sharing their thoughts with the protagonist or other teammates throughout the whole game, however there are some evident flaws that can be frowned upon. By contrast, in TOR, once a new character becomes a subordinate of yours, he/she will probably have just a few or no more lines for the rest of the game. Anyway, because of its fast pace, TOR story is set over a longer time span than TS, offering the gamer so many events and changes in the story. Obviously, both games have multiple routes.

Now, it's time for a conclusion. In my opinion, this is one of the top five game strategies available by now. You should not miss it for any reason. Deep strategy and so many attempts and experiments with different job-classes (to get the most out of them) awaits you. I'm not surprised by the number of ultra-negative ratings (rarely backed by an exhaustive explanation), they are the reason why they do not create games like this anymore, since the fan-base is the most toxic ever.
  10. Nov 20, 2022
    Muy Buena adaptación, que perfecciona lo visto en PSP en cuanto a gráficos, el poder acelerar las batallas, la música es increíble, mejoras de interfaz y esta traducido al español lo cual permite disfrutar mas la historia. Lo malo: uno que otro problema de rendimiento y el escalado de los textos en el modo portable.
  11. Nov 20, 2022
    A real Gem of classic gaming.

If you respond yes to these question then read the sentence after: Do you like game of throne type of stories ? The story is for you. Do you like Final fantasy tactic ? The gameplay is for you. Do you like medieval fantasy ? The setting is for you. Do you like turn based game ? The gameplay is for you. Do you like Strategic game ? The gameplay is
    A real Gem of classic gaming.

If you respond yes to these question then read the sentence after:

Do you like game of throne type of stories ? The story is for you.
    Do you like Final fantasy tactic ? The gameplay is for you.
    Do you like medieval fantasy ? The setting is for you.
    Do you like turn based game ? The gameplay is for you.
    Do you like Strategic game ? The gameplay is for you.

Do you like FPS, dark soul and other action/active game ? This game ain't for you. Move on and don't trash this game. There's enough game to suit your liking.
  12. Nov 21, 2022
    This game is super fun.If you are a fan of tactics game this game is for you the only bad thing I found is graphics (im not a big fan of the artstyle)
  13. Nov 14, 2022
    It still plays somewhat slow even with the increased speed option, and it is hard to find definitions to in-game terms, but the gameplay is fun and surprisingly deep for a game so old. A great remastered and polished tactical RPG!
  14. Nov 23, 2022
    Its no Fire Emblem, but its still an amazing SRPG. This is a perfect fit for the portable Switch and makes a mighty fine edition to ones library.
  15. Nov 14, 2022
    Una obra maestra eterna, no pasa el tiempo por él.
    Un juego que nadie debería perderse.
  16. Dec 20, 2022
    Why does people rate this game so high? Is it some nostalgia that tricks people into thinking that this is better than it is? I play a lot of tactical rpgs and have done so for many years and this is among the worst when it comes to the battle mechanics: it is slow, maps are bigger than what they need to be, both sides hand out small amount of damage (which makes the battles drag on) ansWhy does people rate this game so high? Is it some nostalgia that tricks people into thinking that this is better than it is? I play a lot of tactical rpgs and have done so for many years and this is among the worst when it comes to the battle mechanics: it is slow, maps are bigger than what they need to be, both sides hand out small amount of damage (which makes the battles drag on) ans even when you kill some enemies you have to do it again. The story seemed interesting as far as I got so that may be a reason to continue playing the game until the end but the battles are terrible and as they are, timewise, a big part of the game you spend a lot of time with them. Again, this leaves me wondering if all the good reviews come from people that have played the series before and thus have some nostalgic bias toward the game. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2022
    Switch version isn't any good, in handheld mode (on my OLED) it's just too small. Playing it docked it's only 1080p whereas PC and PS5 run in 4K.
  18. Nov 14, 2022
    This game is absolutely terrible and beyond overrated. One of the most yawn inducing experiences I've ever had with a game...
  19. Jan 23, 2023
    A beautiful remake from the psp version, there is some bugs here and there and some spells should not have been cut, but it's still a amazing game well worth the price and time.

I do hope they add some DLC, maybe even multiplayer.
  20. Jan 27, 2023
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No jugué el original, así que para mí es todo nuevo, es bastante entretenido el sistema de reclutar, hay muchas batallas de relleno y aburridas, si no fuera por ellas le pondría una nota más alta, la batalla final las animaciones son geniales, faltó que mostrarán que pasó con todos los personajes importantes que conseguías. Es un buen juego, hay cosas que pulir pero vale la pena jugarlo si no has jugado el primero. Expand
  21. Jan 27, 2023
    Me and my friends like it so much, 10/10 story, gameplay, graphics, best game ever!
  22. Jan 29, 2023

Generally favorable reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 17, 2022
    Tactics Ogre Reborn has been an excellent title since its original release, and the current version is an excellent remastering that molds an old classic with modern qualities, making it the definitive version of this excellent game.
    While my final impression of Tactics Ogre: Reborn is a positive one, I'm also left wanting in some noticeable ways. The final three to five hours of the game are nothing but a slog, and the greatest culprit is a four-part dungeon that comes in the heels of one that can include as many as 10 combat encounters; all of this without a chance to shop, too. I certainly understand the purpose of the Union Level, but it's an inelegant solution to a problem that other RPGs have themselves faced. Still, the aesthetics remain true to the original versions of the game, and the audio experience is simply marvelous. It's built much more for veterans of the genre and players with patience and persistence, but Tactics Ogre, in the right hands, can absolutely soar.
  3. Dec 5, 2022
    After 30 years the game proves to be relevant still. Of course with a few tweaks like better graphics and a completely overhauled menu to make the game feel more inviting and balanced. There even is a new gameplay element added to it! It is not the perfect remake, but one you should try.