8.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 17, 2022
    Отличная игра! Ощущается как логическое продолжение Turtles in Time на Super Nintendo. Множество деталей в окружении, хорошая боевая система и отличная музыка.
  2. Jun 23, 2022
    Great game. If it wasn't for the bugs in multiplayer mode, it would be perfect. Lots of fun and a huge feeling of nostalgia!
  3. Jun 17, 2022
    I just completed the story mode offering on 'okay' (medium) difficulty, doing some of it with randoms in online matchmaking, some of it alone, maining Raphael. Between collectables, challenges, leaderboards, achievements, leveling your characters for unlocks and the sheer madness of up to 6 players on screen at once, this is an absolute blast full of replayability- and if you hearI just completed the story mode offering on 'okay' (medium) difficulty, doing some of it with randoms in online matchmaking, some of it alone, maining Raphael. Between collectables, challenges, leaderboards, achievements, leveling your characters for unlocks and the sheer madness of up to 6 players on screen at once, this is an absolute blast full of replayability- and if you hear differently, well they are just wrong. The only knock I'd give it is that there should be universal crossplay available. Perhaps this will change, but for now the only crossplay that exists at launch is between Xbox and PC. Switch and PS players will only be able to play MP with friends or randoms on the same platform as them. Definitely not a deal breaker. Cowabunga!

Pros:
    -Beautiful retro pixel art graphics
    -Tubular soundtrack
    -Bodacious nostalgia for 80's/early 90's Turtle fans
    -Massive replayability
    -Addictive classic beat 'em up gameplay
    -Simple Turtle Power goodness, no politics or hidden agenda
    -In-game achievements and challenges
    -Explosive online multiplayer with up to 6 players
    -Performance is nearly perfect, with the occasional small fps dip online
    -Story is tied together by animated stills and voice acting from the original cartoon's cast
    -Game is developed by the team that did Streets of Rage 4

(Partial) Con:
    -No universal crossplay with other platforms available at launch, but the Switch player base is so strong it takes almost no effort to jump right into an ongoing lobby of players if you don't have Switch friends to team up with.
  4. Jun 19, 2022
    As a Gen-X child of the 90s who plugged every last available quarter into the original TMNT arcade game, and played the crap out of Turtles in Time on the SNES, this is everything I wanted it to be and more. An undeniable home run.
  5. Jun 19, 2022
    Amazing game... the graphics are great just as a fun arcade game. So many stages and characters to play with. The stage design are varied and enemies fun and interesting. You can multiplay locally or online, is a great party game and just good fun with simple mechanics and engaging gameplay. 10/10 kawabunga!
  6. Jun 19, 2022
    Very good beat em up style game, they didnt miss a beat when it comes down to character design and music. ( even wu-tang) made a track for it but when it comes to the overall 16 stages, only one is a original and the rest has been used in past games. Scored lowered for lack of original stages and length of the game.
  7. Ead
    Jun 18, 2022
    I will give this game 9.5 out of 10 in the beat them up genre.

Pros: Exceptionally art style. Designing a simple and stand-out character is very hard, especially since you need to keep it aligned with existing art. Extremely good sound track. Very good hit feedback. Plenty of moves to use. Good pacing for each level. Good length. Not every damn game need to play 100 hrs to finish
    I will give this game 9.5 out of 10 in the beat them up genre.

Pros:
    Extremely good sound track.
    Very good hit feedback.
    Plenty of moves to use.
    Good pacing for each level.
    Good length. Not every damn game need to play 100 hrs to finish everything.
    Good reliability. Do you want to try something diff? You can. You want to drop the game, you can!
    Good mode selection, story and arcarde, there could be more mode, like rouge surviver. But with the offering, can't complain.
    Good and simple character progression system.
    Extreme good point, supports up to six player local and online play together. Is it very chaos? Yes, is it fun, damn that's right!

Con:
    Latency, loss of connection is an issue.
    Combo is a little stiff.
  8. Jun 17, 2022
    I’m not usually a fan of Beat ‘em up game, and this game certainly isn’t on my favorite games of all time list, but I do have found memories of playing a TMNT beat ‘em arcade cabinet with my brother in a Ronald McDonald’s house while my brother was in the hospital in the early 2000s. And that’s definitely enough to trigger the nostalgia. I’m not a huge TMNT fan so a lot of the minorI’m not usually a fan of Beat ‘em up game, and this game certainly isn’t on my favorite games of all time list, but I do have found memories of playing a TMNT beat ‘em arcade cabinet with my brother in a Ronald McDonald’s house while my brother was in the hospital in the early 2000s. And that’s definitely enough to trigger the nostalgia. I’m not a huge TMNT fan so a lot of the minor characters and villains I don’t know and the game barely does anything to teach me about them. But they are very fun to just beat up on. The online works great, and is very forgiving if you disconnect. You can join matches mid match, if you disconnect from a room it seamlessly puts you into your own room without kicking you out of the level. I believe the switch is the only version with six player couch co-op and it’s amazing. Very good game. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2022
    Блестящее обращение с наследием!
    Блестящее обращение с наследием!
    Отсылки к старым частям. Динамичный геймплей. Музыка шикарна. Реальный баланс ощущается при игре в соло. А вот игра вшестером - это уже перебор. На экране полная каша творится. Комфортно втроём. Кроме того, сетевой код для свитча реализован ужасно. Если есть выбор, то лучше брать версию для Стим. Игра довольно коротка и простовата в сравнении со Streets of rage 4. Ну, и конечно же, неубиваемый Шреддер в торрент-версии.
    From Russia with love
  10. Jun 17, 2022
    Awesome game! If you liked old school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Games, or Beat'em ups in general, you will love this game!
  11. Jun 19, 2022
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is everything a beat-em up game should strive to be! Each playable character is unique not only in their playstyle & movesets, but also how they react to the environment & enemy attacks. The story mode in Shredder’s Revenge offers around 2 hours of playtime along with challenges & other secrets to help keep players coming back for more. TheTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is everything a beat-em up game should strive to be! Each playable character is unique not only in their playstyle & movesets, but also how they react to the environment & enemy attacks. The story mode in Shredder’s Revenge offers around 2 hours of playtime along with challenges & other secrets to help keep players coming back for more. The Arcade mode is really where the game shines, especially when running through the gauntlet of 16 levels by yourself, with a friend locally, or even online with a bunch of random players. Easy for players to jump in and out of, up to 6 players, local or co-op, the craziness aspect of the multiplayer is a welcome addition. Shredder’s Revenge is an awesome love letter to TMNT fans, but also for Arcade-style beat-em up fans! One game you won’t regret picking up. Expand
  12. Jun 17, 2022
    It's been worth the wait! This is what you get when a game is made primarily TO BE FUN!!! Satisfying combat, a nice range of levels and bosses, great music and voices - pure nostalgia at its best! This is easily the best turtles game to date! So much fun when you are playing with 5 others to beat the Foot Clan to a pulp!!!
  13. Jun 19, 2022
    I’m not sure what the people who wrote negative reviews were smoking but this game is amazing! 1-6 co-op beat em up madness in the best ways. I’m 21 so I didn’t grow up on these games/have no nostalgia towards them but after falling in love with Streets of Rage 4, I told myself, “any game this dev drops, I’m buying it.” And I’m so glad I did because this game really pays homage to theI’m not sure what the people who wrote negative reviews were smoking but this game is amazing! 1-6 co-op beat em up madness in the best ways. I’m 21 so I didn’t grow up on these games/have no nostalgia towards them but after falling in love with Streets of Rage 4, I told myself, “any game this dev drops, I’m buying it.” And I’m so glad I did because this game really pays homage to the older TMNT games while also adding in new ideas. Every single thing in this game put a smile on my face besides my only gripe. On switch, there’s a glitch where you start a new level with people and nobody is on your screen forcing you to back out or not being able to contine in the level after you cleared a wave. I’ve also crashed at least 6 times and that’s more then I ever did on SOR 4. It’s not game breaking if you actually have the person on your friends list but when playing with randoms, it was really annoying getting to the end just to get a blank screen. Then you can’t find those same people anymore. Besides that though, I freakin’ love this game! I’ll continue playing it and supporting devs that actually care about their games (: Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2022
    This game is a blast from the past. The perfect side scroller beat 'em up game we needed. The graphics are fun and bring you back. The bosses are challenging on harder difficulties and all characters are playable! Multiplayer on the switch is very fun with friends both local and online. Another great addition to the side-scroller beat 'em up genre.
  15. Jun 25, 2022
    This is a perfect Beat Em Up! The peek of it's genre! The Ultima nostalgia drug! The soundtrack is incredible! The graphics are as perfect as anything else! I see you guys all online to kick some shell!!!
  16. Jun 17, 2022
    Great Beat ’em up and best game TMNT ever .................................
  17. Jun 18, 2022
    This is one of the best beat 'em ups I've played! Growing up with Turtles in Time and the 1987 cartoon, I had very high expectations for this game and happy to say it delivered! It delivers on all fronts that satisfies both beat 'em up fans and TMNT fans!

The addition of a story mode is quite nice, even if it plays the same as arcade mode with side objectives and a leveling up system. It makes you want to play through each stage with all 7 playable characters, whom are all unique an play differently, so it's fun to find who you're best at. The gameplay itself is fluid, fun, and satisfying, everything I enjoy in a beat 'em up! The challenge is fair and the stages are fun to explore and play through, with many MANY call backs to the original Turtles in Time and the cartoon itself. I never thought I'd be exciting to see the return of lesser known TMNT characters like Wingnut, Groundchuck and Dirtbag, and the Triceratons, but here I am fanboying over all of it!

There is one thing that I think holds it back, and it's some parts of the combat. For the most part it's fine and intuitive, but I find it a little tougher to pull off certain attacks that were much easier to pull off in Turtles in Time. It's not a huge problem, but it can be with certain bosses where these moves come more useful. I also feel like they could've had a museum or a gallery mode talking more about the characters and bosses to really flush out the game, but maybe the upcoming Cowabunga Collection will have something like that.

Shredder's Revenge is worthy to sit among Turtles in Time and the original Ninja Turtles Arcade as some of the best licensed games and beat 'em ups I've ever played! Dotemu and Tribute Games put a lot of care and effort in bringing back nostalgia in a modern beat 'em up, something they seem to be rather good at. I haven't played Streets of Rage 4, but now I kinda want to after playing this. If you're new to beat 'em ups for TMNT games, this will be one of the best games to start with and I highly recommend it!
  18. Jun 17, 2022
    Just buy it. It's just 10 bucks and a lot of fun. A little too simple and essy for my taste. A lot of balancing issues regardong the challenges and your skill set, but you'll only notice them if you are a too used to suffering through your game on harder difficulties. I do want the devs to iron and improve on a lot of areas, but that'll only hapoen if YOU reader buy and enjoy this game soJust buy it. It's just 10 bucks and a lot of fun. A little too simple and essy for my taste. A lot of balancing issues regardong the challenges and your skill set, but you'll only notice them if you are a too used to suffering through your game on harder difficulties. I do want the devs to iron and improve on a lot of areas, but that'll only hapoen if YOU reader buy and enjoy this game so I'll get a proper sequel, bigget, better and full of pizza. Come on I wanna play as one of the punk frogs! Expand
  19. Jun 21, 2022
    A good Beat em up, you ll see some references from the old game,
    Its Fun.. Nice one!
  20. Jun 24, 2022
    Словно вернулся в детство. У меня Нет слов! Один восторг! Жду продолжения! Большое спасибо!
  21. Jun 18, 2022
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is a call back to a bygone era of games. This is very much a sequel to TMNT: Turtles in Time, but it also is leaning very, very heavily on nostalgia, pretty much running every single popular character and toy from the original series in the game as a boss or someone you have to rescue. Giving you the long-awaited ability to play as MasterTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is a call back to a bygone era of games. This is very much a sequel to TMNT: Turtles in Time, but it also is leaning very, very heavily on nostalgia, pretty much running every single popular character and toy from the original series in the game as a boss or someone you have to rescue. Giving you the long-awaited ability to play as Master Splinter, April O’Neill, and Casey Jones, this game has seven characters instead of four, and while it is a side-scrolling beat ’em up, there are some differences between the characters.

Unfortunately, this game also shows why they don’t make these games anymore – this game took a lot of effort to make, and is nicely animated pixel art, but it’s only two and a half hours long. If you try and collect everything, it might take you another hour… but after that, it’s just grinding for some tedious achievements, which isn’t fun.

The other problem is that beat ’em up gameplay remains very simplistic, and this game is no exception. The characters aren’t especially mobile, and while it reflects the design of the era, modern games are more fun to play and less awkward and stiff. This isn’t bad as far as beat ’em ups go – in fact, it’s a reasonably good example, though Turtles in Time felt like it had better variety – but the game is still very simple, and not really super fun to play. Being short is a saving grace as much as it is a drawback; if it was any longer, you’d get bored.

Which is the biggest problem, really – it isn’t 1994 anymore. Back in the day, I remember enjoying these games, but today, they’re just too simple compared to modern game design. The game is quite easy even on the middle difficulty setting, but cranking the difficulty didn’t really make me any more enamored with it. The high difficulty older beat ’em ups were designed as quarter eaters; modern games don’t benefit from that, but it reveals just how little content there actually is.

While it was kind of nostalgic seeing all these characters again, the voice acting wasn’t great and the only thing that made me laugh was the “twist” at the end.

All in all, I can’t recommend this trip down memory lane unless you get it for free, like playing it on Game Pass or something. There, it is a reasonable thing, as you can taste it and see if you want to see it through, and even if you do, it won’t feel like it took a bite out of your wallet for such a short and mediocre experience.
  22. Jun 20, 2022
    My first impression playing Shredder's Revenge for the first time was hmm... why do I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on snes looked, played and sounded better than this? So, I booted up Turtles in Time to make sure this was not an effect of nostalgia. I played Shredder's Revenge and Turtles in Time back to back just to be sure. I was really surprised to see that a gameMy first impression playing Shredder's Revenge for the first time was hmm... why do I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on snes looked, played and sounded better than this? So, I booted up Turtles in Time to make sure this was not an effect of nostalgia. I played Shredder's Revenge and Turtles in Time back to back just to be sure. I was really surprised to see that a game released in 1991 looked, sounded, and played better than this new game.
    Shredder's revenge is by no means a bad game, but it certainly isn't the best tmnt game ever made (as mentioned by many reviews here)! It is a mediocre entry into the series. If you are still on the fence about this game, I'd say trust your instincts. Personally, this game didn't scratch the tmnt itch for me. I can't wait to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection
  23. Jun 17, 2022
    As a fanboy of the older beat em ups of the Turtles I really hate to write this. In a way i am disappointed in this game. It feels more like a party game then a proper beat em up.
    Almost in every screen the perspective of the backdrops are just so wrong or objects are way too big, like the cars for example. Completing all challenges is just too easy. The whole party just spamming taunt to be able to spam your Super Attack is funny at first but it actually ruins the game for its difficulty and other mechanics.
  24. Jun 18, 2022
    boring gameplay, the soundtrack is not good too. I don't recommend this game
  25. Jun 20, 2022
    This game had great potential because the combos were awesome and playing the game just felt so joyful. Unfortunately bad design, dumb enemies, SO easy bosses, and chapters... This game is a lost potential for me and it doesn't even feel like a beat'em up.
  26. Jun 29, 2022
    Basically the pinnacle of nostalgia mixed with the pinnacle of TMNT beat em ups. They seriously got just about everything right. It's loads of fun. Even moreso with multiplayer. My biggest gripe is you can't easily switch characters when you die. That said, it's super replayable, especially if you bring in a new co-op friend, and the environments and enemies don't feel repetitive (evenBasically the pinnacle of nostalgia mixed with the pinnacle of TMNT beat em ups. They seriously got just about everything right. It's loads of fun. Even moreso with multiplayer. My biggest gripe is you can't easily switch characters when you die. That said, it's super replayable, especially if you bring in a new co-op friend, and the environments and enemies don't feel repetitive (even when they repeat).
    Obviously, I played through some pretty thick coke-bottle nostalgia lenses. But honestly, if this came out in the 90's it would be the best TMNT game. So order up a pizza with extra cheese and a healthy dose of nostalgia sauce and enjoy.
  27. Jun 19, 2022
    Great games. 80's Nostalgia . Fun, great graphics . Most have for all that want a real good beat em up game.
  28. Jun 29, 2022
    this game is not good and dont offer much fun on how the game goes. im really sad how the game is

Generally favorable reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 30, 2022
    TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is one of the best beat 'em ups today, but it lacks repetition and extra elements that could have been added right at launch - in addition to crossplay.
  2. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Jun 28, 2022
    If you were a video game developer and you happened to have a time machine, and for some reason you decided to use that time machine to travel specifically back to visit me on a Saturday morning around 30 years ago, and then you asked my childhood self what the perfect video game to make would be, I'm pretty sure I would have invented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge on the spot. This game is the stuff of a young Turtles fan's dreams. [Issue #60 – July/August 2022, p. 68]
  3. Jun 28, 2022
    Fun, intense, accessible, gorgeous to look at and with an addictive soundtrack, Shredder's Revenge not only boasts arcade and story modes, it also features a 6-player co-op, ensuring that everyone will have their fun punching, kicking and jumping around with some of pop culture's most memorable heroes. With the added touch of being able to play it anywhere, this is truly an indispensable game on everyone's Nintendo Switch.