8.3

1. Feb 17, 2019
    Superb! It's already fun and satisfying and it's only version 1.0. I can imagine it will get even better as they update it. Tetris 99 in 2019......1985 never felt so good. :) I just made Top 5 and my heart was racing!!!!
  2. Apr 12, 2019
    I am soo addicted to this game. Fast action, fast restarts with 98 new opponents, responsive controls, and some mildly interesting interactions make this one heck of a good game to me. You have to like Tetris though. It gets fast quick but that is why I like it. Gets to the interesting part. I just wish you could turn off the ghost piece. But I got used to it.
  3. Feb 14, 2019
    This is one of the best Tetris games of all time. It is a mix between Fortnite and the puzzle game Tetris. It isn’t actually great and should be tried by every Switch owner.
  4. Feb 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tetris 99 is a true oddball of a game. A battle royale twist on a classing game, in a way that feels like a loving send up to the genre while feeling as obvious as a Weird Al parody. It's a game that should not work, but it does, and it gives me a rush of joyous anxiety every damn time I play it. While it is a little bare bones, for a free game in 2019 that isn't full of micro-transaction and Nintendo is bringing up events for, it's perfect for what it is. A fun little time waster with a lot of classic charm. The soundtrack could use some beefing, but the two remixes of Type A (basic from the start and a panic version for the top 50) with a Tetris style remix of Flight of the Bumblebee (when you get to the top 10) are just great. All in all while it isn't as flashy and relaxing as Tetris Effect, it's an amazingly fun and hectic 99 person puzzle free for all that i'm looking forward to see updated. Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2019
    Awesome Game, I've got pretty addicted to it, it's so fast to get a match that you always want to go for another round!
  6. Jun 4, 2019
    This is the thing that Nintendo needed for their online. It is the best, and now only, battle royale ever. If Nintendo does more stuff like this, the online service is more than worth $20.
  7. Feb 16, 2019
    Solid modern tetris game (tspins, combos, etc). Amazing level of depth, especially at that price. Be prepared to win after losing a lot, it's mad chaos with 99, and your skills will be tested.
  8. Feb 14, 2019
    tetris is the most sold video game of all time. if you consider that fortnite is one of the most downloaded, you have a beautiful combination. tetris battle royale
  9. Feb 22, 2019
    the Last of us, devil may cry ... PFFFFF I WANT THIS GAME LIKE GAME OF THE YEAR !!!
  10. Apr 10, 2019
    its ok i think

there are better games on the switch but no better free games or better tetrisses
  11. Feb 21, 2019
    Me lleve una gran sorpresa, un juego para viciar mientrar esperas unas bajadas de muchas gb, o mientras escuchas otras cosas, haces la hora, es viciador y se pasa la hora muy rapido.
  12. Feb 23, 2019
    The only reason I finally registered to Nintendo subscription. Tetris battle royale is the game I never knew I needed.
  13. Feb 13, 2019
    Goty!
    Crackdown3 Killer.
    Se esse jogo tirar nota menor que crackdown3 eu gravo video meu dando o rabo e posto no XavierVideos.
  14. Mar 30, 2019
    This game is honestly the best battle royal I have ever played. It combines classic tetris game play with 99 player battles causing absolute havoc.
  15. Feb 19, 2019
    Tetris 99 is a game that is like potato chips -> It's impossible to play only one time.
  16. Mar 23, 2019
    Very good and addictive online Tetris. The only thing missing is an offline / single-player marathon mode.
  17. Feb 18, 2019
    This was the craziest thing from the recent Nintendo Direct, and I gotta admit, after giving it a chance, it's actually pretty fun and addicting. It gives an interesting twist to the best selling game of all time. I would rank it higher, but hopefully more we'll see more modes (like an offline single player mode) in the future.
  18. Feb 16, 2019
    La verdad es que no me esperaba que fuera un juego tan enviciante... y dificil. Nunca he sido bueno para el tetris, pero esta modalidad te invita a esforzarte, practicar, concentrarte para lograr quedar en los primeros lugares. Es cierto, se hace referencia a la moda del battle royale, pero es una fórmula que da en el clavo para lograr que un clásico de clásicos vuelva a la lista de losLa verdad es que no me esperaba que fuera un juego tan enviciante... y dificil. Nunca he sido bueno para el tetris, pero esta modalidad te invita a esforzarte, practicar, concentrarte para lograr quedar en los primeros lugares. Es cierto, se hace referencia a la moda del battle royale, pero es una fórmula que da en el clavo para lograr que un clásico de clásicos vuelva a la lista de los favoritos.
    Es un juego gratuito para todos los que somos miembros de nintendo switch online, y se agradece bastante un juego de este tipo, que no presume, pero ofrece horas de diversión.

Se agradece revivir clásicos con un toque fresco, adaptados al presente. Nintendo siempre mantiene sus juegos actualizados, y se dice que vienen nuevos modos próximamente, por lo que me tomo la livertad de darle ya una nota 9.
  19. Feb 28, 2019
    Tetris 99 might honestly be the most enjoyment I've yet to have out of the Battle Royale genre. Out of all the Battle Royale's Tetris 99 has arguable the lease flaws. What I love most about this game is how short the wait and matches last. It usually takes about 1 minute for the game to start and it is likely over for me in the first 5 minutes but the entire game lasts for about 10Tetris 99 might honestly be the most enjoyment I've yet to have out of the Battle Royale genre. Out of all the Battle Royale's Tetris 99 has arguable the lease flaws. What I love most about this game is how short the wait and matches last. It usually takes about 1 minute for the game to start and it is likely over for me in the first 5 minutes but the entire game lasts for about 10 minutes. Also the music is great and surprisingly to me the graphics are pleasing, I guess the only flaws I have with the game is the lack of a tutorial and my own skill. Expand
  20. Feb 23, 2019
    Español Latino(5hrs de juego): Pros, un juego muy, pero muy fiel a su escencia. Dificil que posè, una sistema de competitividad excelente tanto para pros y noobs. Partidas rapidas. Todo mundo tiene la posibilidad de ser el #1, facil de aprender a jugar y excelente para estimular tu cerebro. No merece el 10, porque debería de ser gratis para todo usuario de nintendo switch, pero para ser unEspañol Latino(5hrs de juego): Pros, un juego muy, pero muy fiel a su escencia. Dificil que posè, una sistema de competitividad excelente tanto para pros y noobs. Partidas rapidas. Todo mundo tiene la posibilidad de ser el #1, facil de aprender a jugar y excelente para estimular tu cerebro. No merece el 10, porque debería de ser gratis para todo usuario de nintendo switch, pero para ser un insentivo para obtener nintendo online, esta muy bien.
    Cons: No hay mucho que criticar de este juego, obtienes realmente un juego muy completo, me gustaria, tuviera mas pistas de audio, no siempre lo mismo. Faltaria poder modificar el tablero y tener ranking con amigos. Espero y este juego poco a poco mejore y sera sin duda un contendiente del goty.
  21. Feb 20, 2019
    El mismo tetris de siempre, no cambia la forma de jugar, pero esta vez te enfrentas a otros jugadores. Puedes atacar y contraatacar enviandoles basura a sus partidas al hacer lineas ya sea dobles, triples, tetris, etc. Es muy adictivo y entretenido, el intentar quedar en primer lugar resulta aveces muy complicado ya que te encuentras con jugadores con un muy buen nivel y tal grado que hayEl mismo tetris de siempre, no cambia la forma de jugar, pero esta vez te enfrentas a otros jugadores. Puedes atacar y contraatacar enviandoles basura a sus partidas al hacer lineas ya sea dobles, triples, tetris, etc. Es muy adictivo y entretenido, el intentar quedar en primer lugar resulta aveces muy complicado ya que te encuentras con jugadores con un muy buen nivel y tal grado que hay mucha tensión y con una pequeña distracción puedes perder la partida.

Espero y que lo esten actualizando con forme pase el tiempo, con nuevas mecánicas y/o modos de juegos, incluso poner un 1 vs 1.
  22. Feb 15, 2019
    Tengo que reconocer que me burlé en el instante que lo mostraron en el direct, luego lo descargué y ahora vengo aquí a hacerle justicia aceptando mi error. Es un juego increíble, las batallas son realmente despiadadas jejeje, cada partida se disfruta, son rápidas y concisas. No le doy un 10 porque lo único que le falta es algún tutorial, y diréis: tutorial para Tetris??, bueno hay algunasTengo que reconocer que me burlé en el instante que lo mostraron en el direct, luego lo descargué y ahora vengo aquí a hacerle justicia aceptando mi error. Es un juego increíble, las batallas son realmente despiadadas jejeje, cada partida se disfruta, son rápidas y concisas. No le doy un 10 porque lo único que le falta es algún tutorial, y diréis: tutorial para Tetris??, bueno hay algunas modalidades como contraataques, k.o, insignias, aleatorio que no te las explican y tienes que ir aprendiendo sobre la marcha. Del resto es un juego mazo, el Tetris de toda la vida pero con un propósito y más violento (si lo juegan entenderán porque uso la palabra “violento” jeje) Expand
  23. Aug 31, 2019
    Este es un juego muy adictivo, de partidas cortas pero extremas. creado para los jugadores que no tienen tiempo y busca un videojuego muy duro al limite.
  24. Apr 14, 2019
    Tetris 99 costs $0! And you get to play the classic game of Tetris? What's not to love? Playing with 98 other people is a ton of fun, and works surprisingly well. If a player quits, no one else is effected! Getting a high score out of dozens of people is super satisfying. Some people might get bored of this game, but there are worse Battle Royale games (Fortnite, Kirby Battle Royale, etc).
  25. Jun 30, 2019
    "You did it. You crazy son of a female dog, you did it."
    - Me after realizing Nintendo really just released a battle royale Tetris game
    "You did it. You crazy son of a female dog, you did it."
    - Me after realizing Nintendo really just released a battle royale Tetris game

To be honest, I don't have that much experience with battle royale games. I don't completely loathe them, but I do think that back in the day they were really oversaturated and -rated. I did play Fortnite for much more hours than I want to admit, and I guess I kind of enjoyed it, but it still was really unpolished and quite boring at times.
    Tetris 99 doesn't have that problem. It's pure, unadulterated fun; I haven't reached first place, or "Tetris Maximus", a single time, yet it's really, really fun! I don't know what makes the game even more addictive than regular Tetris, probably how you're practically flexing your Tetris skills to about 1-5 other people targeting at you, and the combination of glow and audio effects that always kick in when you get a lot of Tetrises or a T-Spin or whatever, it's always satisfying.
    Now, you might wonder: why did I give this game a 9/10, the same score that I gave Smash Ultimate? Welp, I think the game really does everything nearly perfectly that it set out to be. The "99" part of the game is pretty much always enjoyable, but it could really benefit of having configurable controls. Also, why is its tiny DLC 10$? It doesn't really make sense, but DLC doesn't constitute as part of the base game, so it's complaints won't lower the game's score any less.
  26. Feb 15, 2019
    Tetris 99 is probably one of the greatest Tetris games out there. It is fun, fast and non forgiving. That isn't a bad thing. It has the best remix of the Tetris theme i have heard and you're facing 99 others at once. Don't be mistake this as an easy game though (unless you're a Tetris master) Some people will target you, and while this may be frustrating, it makes for a great challenge.Tetris 99 is probably one of the greatest Tetris games out there. It is fun, fast and non forgiving. That isn't a bad thing. It has the best remix of the Tetris theme i have heard and you're facing 99 others at once. Don't be mistake this as an easy game though (unless you're a Tetris master) Some people will target you, and while this may be frustrating, it makes for a great challenge. The wait times for the games are phenomenal and i'm usually finding myself waiting no longer than half an hour. There is also rarely any connection problems and it is extremely stable. I know Tetris is probably the most well known game to man (maybe behind Mario) but the lack of a tutorial for new players to understand the controls and how to work the game is a bit of a let down as well as the lack of single player/ practice modes. Other than that, if you have a switch with online i would highly recommend this game as it is FREE. Expand
  27. Mar 29, 2019
    While I normally could care less about battle royales, this game really shows how the genre can succeed with styles other than "shoot everyone". I do wish there was some more in terms of single player (It is a puzzle game, after all), but overall, a great game and a decent reason to get the NS Online service. I would like to see more games exclusive to members like this, as it gives peopleWhile I normally could care less about battle royales, this game really shows how the genre can succeed with styles other than "shoot everyone". I do wish there was some more in terms of single player (It is a puzzle game, after all), but overall, a great game and a decent reason to get the NS Online service. I would like to see more games exclusive to members like this, as it gives people more of a reason to use the service. Expand
  28. Sep 7, 2019
    An amazing game that works really well with the 99 down to 1 rules.

An amazing game that works really well with the 99 down to 1 rules.

it's only issue may not even be an issue for you, it feels at time as though when you have 1 good game of either reaching first or reaching the final 5, the next 3 games it will bombard you with attacks from the beginning of the match increasing the difficulty tenfold, considering these are meant to be "random" attacks from the beginning, they don't feel random when it happens...

Otherwise though, its free (with switch online) and great fun, also has DLC.

It also has a physical edition coming out on the 20th september with 12 months of switch online too.
  29. Feb 14, 2019
    It's Tetris, but not as you know it. The core game is pretty much unchanged from the Game Boy original, but the twist is that you're playing online with 99 people against you. If you're being targeted then other players clearing their bricks down will add to your stack unless you can cancel their attack first. The pace starts gently but builds over time as players get KO'd and by the timeIt's Tetris, but not as you know it. The core game is pretty much unchanged from the Game Boy original, but the twist is that you're playing online with 99 people against you. If you're being targeted then other players clearing their bricks down will add to your stack unless you can cancel their attack first. The pace starts gently but builds over time as players get KO'd and by the time you're in the top 20 it's lighting fast.

That said, games are unpredictable and I've found myself going out in the first couple of minutes if you get targeted by multiple players and don't get favourable shapes - so there's a definite element of luck at times. Overall I think this is a great game for quick blasts and a really clever way to get more people buying into Switch Online.
  30. Feb 14, 2019
    Game is fun and a good combination of classic Tetris with the current battle royale fad. I wish it better explained somewhere how some of the multiplayer features worked, such as the modes selected by the right stick, and how my game affects the other players.

1. Sep 11, 2019
    With online tournaments to partake in, new modes like Tetris Invictus where only the elite can compete, and a thriving community of fans logging in every day to play, Tetris 99 might very well represent the pinnacle of the series. It would be nice to have a better variety of tunes to listen to (although themes help alleviate this problem), and the issues with the UI can occasionally make it slightly hard to see what’s happening on-screen, but overall any Switch owner should consider giving Tetris 99 a whirl. This is brilliant game design that deserves the acclaim that has been lavished on it up to this point.
  2. NF Magazine
    Aug 28, 2019
    The best reason to subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online right now! [Issue #39 – May/June 2019, p. 21]
  3. Jun 9, 2019
    If you’re after a royale-y good time you should look much farther than Tetris 99.