7.7

1. Apr 14, 2017
    First things first, if you plan on playing this game with less than 3 players its extremely hard to justify the purchase. I bought this game going into it knowing that the 2 player experience was going to be lackluster. That aside playing with 4+ is where the game starts to show its potential, the fact that each player has to have a separate smart device is the main hurdle, if everyone inFirst things first, if you plan on playing this game with less than 3 players its extremely hard to justify the purchase. I bought this game going into it knowing that the 2 player experience was going to be lackluster. That aside playing with 4+ is where the game starts to show its potential, the fact that each player has to have a separate smart device is the main hurdle, if everyone in your party has a phone/tablet you should be all set.
    Some of the questions are out of left field and realistically nobody ever should know the answers, although the difficulty can change drastically from question to question it still is enjoyable to an extent. I only played the game for an hour or 2 with the wife and we had a good time, the commentary and jokes were pleasant. I would love to have more of a game show game mode that would work Best with 2 players to get the full experience with just 2 people. In short if you don't plan on getting together with 4 or more people, just pass on this game until there are more modes hopefully added. If you have 4+ friends that enjoy a challenge pick it up for the price.
  2. May 17, 2017
    As an owner of all three Jackbox Party Packs on PC, I felt obligated to purchase this for my Switch as soon as I found out it was in the e-Shop. The Jackbox series is unique in the sense that anyone with an internet connected device (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) can join the lobby and play. It is one of the few games I've owned in my lifetime that keeps everyone in the room entertained.As an owner of all three Jackbox Party Packs on PC, I felt obligated to purchase this for my Switch as soon as I found out it was in the e-Shop. The Jackbox series is unique in the sense that anyone with an internet connected device (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) can join the lobby and play. It is one of the few games I've owned in my lifetime that keeps everyone in the room entertained. For those of us that are of legal age, it's the perfect game to drink to. However I would not classify this specific pack as a must own, as this game only truly shines when you have 4+ people in your lobby. Party Pack 3 is also the weakest lineup of all the Jackbox packs. Quiplash and Fakin' It are the two games in this pack that stood out to my friends and me. Tee-KO and Trivia Murder Party are not fun, which is a shame because Tee-KO is the only drawing game in this pack and the drawing games in the previous two packs are a some of the most addicting games. All in all this is a fantastic game to keep a room of 8 people entertained. If you're new to the Jackbox series, start with Party Pack 1 to get a better feel for what the series is like. For the $25 price tag, this game is worth it. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2017
    The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is exactly what it advertises itself as, insane. But let me add another word before insane, how about situationally insane. Hilarity will most definitely ensue if you have enough people in your house to play with you, or if you are a streamer on Twitch, but if you don't fit those criteria, this game has nothing to offer other than single-player Trivia Murder Party.The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is exactly what it advertises itself as, insane. But let me add another word before insane, how about situationally insane. Hilarity will most definitely ensue if you have enough people in your house to play with you, or if you are a streamer on Twitch, but if you don't fit those criteria, this game has nothing to offer other than single-player Trivia Murder Party. Why does Trivia Murder Party support single-player? I don't know and its boring regardless. Besides this, Fakin' It and Tee K.O. lack the same laugh factor of the other three entries. If you visit friends, stream, or live with lots of people frequently, this is exactly what you're looking for. If not, maybe you should invest some time into looking for new friends. Expand
  4. Feb 19, 2018
    The Jackbox Party Pack 3 contains loads of laughs! I play it almost every lunch with my friends. We love Quiplash, Trivia Murder Party, and Fakin' It. Tee K.O. and guesspionage isn't really that fun in my opinion. I have almost 30 hours on this game and I love playing this game every lunch. Overall, I would give it a 9.5.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 31, 2020
    With it's clever web-based hosting that allows anyone with a smart device to join in, as well as it's hugely entertaining selection of games, The Jackbox Party Pack 3 on Nintendo Switch makes for a splendid, instant-party game tool for family and friend gatherings. There's something in this pack for everyone to enjoy and enough content to encourage repeat play.
  2. May 5, 2017
    The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is an excellent collection of games perfect for parties, made even better now that you can conveniently take that party anywhere with the Switch.
  3. May 1, 2017
    The Nintendo Switch is steadily increasing its plethora of party games, and The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is a perfect addition to zany multiplayer experiences. With five unique titles from which to choose, its charming presentation and hilarious challenges more than make up for its sometimes uneven mechanics. You’ll be screaming all night… in laughter, of course.