9.1

1. Jun 30, 2020
    This is a complete experience for JRPGs fans, the combat system, quests, history and characters are all awesome, but the graphics isn't worth of this current generation, and the switch version has many problems. Despite of this is a must have for any fan of the JRPG genre, and one of the best games of nintendo switch.
  2. Jul 9, 2020
    This is a good PS4 to Switch port. Framerate is stable with only minor graphical adjustments (aliasing). The game itself lends itself well to portable play, which is how I prefer to experience these games after playing the first two on PS Vita.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 10, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jul 7, 2020
    Despite some hiccups, the Switch port of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is an overall solid version of a wonderful RPG experience. The more people who get the opportunity to try the Cold Steel series out as a result of this Nintendo Switch port, the better!
  3. Jul 6, 2020
    There is a reason the Trails series is held in such high regard by a large portion of the JRPG audience – their worldbuilding is second to none, the scope admirable for such a small development team. Trails of Cold Steel III is no different, continuing the legacy of the prior games despite being a little too similar to Cold Steel I in some regards. The battle system stands out as one of the more engaging and flexible I’ve ever experienced in the genre, and I simply cannot wait to get my hands on Cold Steel IV later this year. That said, I do feel for Switch owners keen to dip their toe into the world of Trails, as this is not the most ideal place to start.