8.6

1. Mar 7, 2017
    Honestly, I cannot believe that some people give this game 0/10. This must be one of the most innovative, ground-breaking games I have ever played. The scale and the possibilites you have in this game are astounding. I do see some frame-rate drops in some scenes but it does not take away from the overall experience. I have spent hours and hours in this game and I feel that I can stillHonestly, I cannot believe that some people give this game 0/10. This must be one of the most innovative, ground-breaking games I have ever played. The scale and the possibilites you have in this game are astounding. I do see some frame-rate drops in some scenes but it does not take away from the overall experience. I have spent hours and hours in this game and I feel that I can still spend more and more.

If this does not become Game of the Year, honestly, I do not know what people have to be smoking...
  2. Mar 7, 2017
    Genius, this is genius. You must play it ! They totally reinvented what game play means, what video game means. Thank you so much for this experience, there will be an before and after this game.
  3. Mar 7, 2017
    Why people hate this game ? This is so clever ! They reinvented gaming, every platform will take advantage of this game in a close future so lets praise it all and understand why it is so clever ! Systems are intuitives, geometry and physics are so joyful, gameplay is always renewing with a forced weapon breaking system, cant believe people dont see that this game will change video gamingWhy people hate this game ? This is so clever ! They reinvented gaming, every platform will take advantage of this game in a close future so lets praise it all and understand why it is so clever ! Systems are intuitives, geometry and physics are so joyful, gameplay is always renewing with a forced weapon breaking system, cant believe people dont see that this game will change video gaming forever... Play it please !! and OPEN YOUR EYES !! Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2017
    Minus some issues with frame rates, I was pleasantly surprised with this game. While admittedly a bit tired of the open world style of game, BOTW handles it much better than say far cry or just cause, as you are able to reach every area right out of the gate after finishing up the first area. The AI is reactive and smart, as enemies that may have been benign threats in earlier titles areMinus some issues with frame rates, I was pleasantly surprised with this game. While admittedly a bit tired of the open world style of game, BOTW handles it much better than say far cry or just cause, as you are able to reach every area right out of the gate after finishing up the first area. The AI is reactive and smart, as enemies that may have been benign threats in earlier titles are now more challenging, as they will often kick bombs that you dropped back at you or attack from range if you're far away. The Physics are impressive as updrafts from fire and trees will sometimes fall over while fighting larger enemies or if you chop them down. All in all, I think Nintendo hit a home run with this title and BOTW will likely be praised long after release. Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2017
    I can't believe how addictive this game is, not to mention is beautiful made and has great combat, the world is really amazing and lots of things to do there, every person should play it and spend a few hours in the vast world of Hyrule! Best Zelda Experience ever! Don't be discourage for the Xbox/Sony fan that are giving it bad reviews, I'm also a Sony fan and I love Videogames and II can't believe how addictive this game is, not to mention is beautiful made and has great combat, the world is really amazing and lots of things to do there, every person should play it and spend a few hours in the vast world of Hyrule! Best Zelda Experience ever! Don't be discourage for the Xbox/Sony fan that are giving it bad reviews, I'm also a Sony fan and I love Videogames and I think we gamers most do a critical review and love games no matter the console or trademark! Expand
  6. Mar 7, 2017
    Great game, very addictive. I can't get enough of it. Graphics are beautiful. I like the cooking system to play around and see what you can create without being frustrating. The initial shrines are easy but a nice intro into different mechanics. Enemies can be tough if you don't prepare yourself, but with the right strategies and patience...not bad. I'm looking forward to more challengingGreat game, very addictive. I can't get enough of it. Graphics are beautiful. I like the cooking system to play around and see what you can create without being frustrating. The initial shrines are easy but a nice intro into different mechanics. Enemies can be tough if you don't prepare yourself, but with the right strategies and patience...not bad. I'm looking forward to more challenging dungeons and increasingly difficult enemies. Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2017
    No mames patetiquisimos los pinches Sonytards que no aceptan que su mierda de juego "Horizon Zero Yawn" no le llega ni a los huevos a Zelda Breasts of The Wild, es una pinche obra maestra, una joya, uno de los mejores videojuegos jamás creados en toda la puta historia cabrón, dan pena ajena, pinches sin vida que se dedican a crear cuentas falsas para bajarle la Puntuación y desprestigiar aNo mames patetiquisimos los pinches Sonytards que no aceptan que su mierda de juego "Horizon Zero Yawn" no le llega ni a los huevos a Zelda Breasts of The Wild, es una pinche obra maestra, una joya, uno de los mejores videojuegos jamás creados en toda la puta historia cabrón, dan pena ajena, pinches sin vida que se dedican a crear cuentas falsas para bajarle la Puntuación y desprestigiar a Switch, a Zelda y al Dios Nintendo, jajaja dan muchisima lastima estos cabrones que en vez de salir a la calle a tener una vida, a conseguir vieja y dejar de ser unos putos parasitos que se la viven encerrados en los sotanos de las casas de sus mamis, jajaja, se la pasan haciendo este tipo de pendejadas, por eso moriran virgenes. Expand
  8. Mar 7, 2017
    Although I have not finished the title to completion I have spent many hours playing this fantastic game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an outstanding title that I would recommend to anyone. I for one have spent a large time exploring this massive world and have not got bored or tired of traversing this diverse and captivating world.

The gameplay is crisp with the odd lag

The gameplay is crisp with the odd lag spike here and there that does not ruin the experience at all for me.
    The combat is rewarding and the new weapons system satisfying. Even when a weapon breaks the animation is oddly satisfying to watch and eases the pain of your favorite sword being lost forever. Even cooking in this game is fun as there isn't a need to look up recipes online but instead just throw whatever ingredients feel right into the pot and start cooking.

Overall I have no issue with giving this game a 10 as it has offered a lot and still has more to give. I can't wait to keep playing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone
  9. Mar 7, 2017
    Best game I have ever played. Kinda reminds me of Skyrim. Although it feels like a Zelda game thru and thru. The difficulty is perfect, you try to do something stupid, you will get killed. That could be just trying to swim a river that's too wide, or climb a peak that's too high. The game is fair. The wilderness can be punishing but you are introduced to the rules early and the gameBest game I have ever played. Kinda reminds me of Skyrim. Although it feels like a Zelda game thru and thru. The difficulty is perfect, you try to do something stupid, you will get killed. That could be just trying to swim a river that's too wide, or climb a peak that's too high. The game is fair. The wilderness can be punishing but you are introduced to the rules early and the game plays by those same rules throughout. This game is truly a masterpiece and deserving of all the praise that it's receiving. People giving this game a 0 or what not, need to come out from under the bridge and see the light every once in a while. People don't have to be making games for us. Thank god that these minds exist. Now back to Hyrule. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2017
    People who grew up with the first Legend of Zelda game on the NES can now relive the magic of adventure and discoveries in Breath of the Wild. Its is, by far, the next big step in the Zelda series.
  11. Mar 7, 2017
    Haven't played a Zelda game since wind waker. Pleasant surprise. Played it on wii u but looking for a switch at the end of the year, worth every penny.
  12. Mar 7, 2017
    Only thing I can say is that it reminds me of the good old days of Morrowind
    no markers.............
    no hand holding........
    just pure adventure........
  13. Mar 7, 2017
    This game is amazing. It is a ton of fun and is the best open world games I have played. I loved skyrim and this game gives me the same feeling but in a more interactive alive world also the best story and gameplay in any game I have ever played.
  14. Mar 7, 2017
    This honestly is my favorite zelda game so far. It has a gigantic overworld, easily the best story out of a zelda game ever. It's finally more than "boy saves girl" Controls are intuitive as well, nothing like skyward swords horrible flailing. Im a gear whore so this one hits every aspect of that for me too, huge amount of outfits, and an insane number of weapons.
  15. Mar 7, 2017
    Probably the best video game I've ever played in my entire life. The sense of adventure is as big as the world. Negative reviewers and trolls be butt-hurt.
  16. Mar 7, 2017
    Increíble juego, simplemente asombroso y fenomenal! Horas de contenido para jugar y jugar, espero comprarlo también para el WiiU, y el contenido descargable que nos espera para el resto del año.
  17. Mar 7, 2017
    Pros:
    - Amazing graphic design
    - Huge world
    - A lot of stuff to do
    - Full amazing details in all the map
    - Fun combat system

Con:
    - FPS drop in certain zones
  18. Mar 8, 2017
    To be perfectly honest, this is the greatest game I have ever played. The gameplay is smooth, simple, and yet, filled to the brim with all sorts of fun things to do, from snowboarding to cooking, from stealth opportunities to training horses. Every bit of it is intuitive and enjoyable.

I'm very critical of games, even if it is of the illustrious Zelda franchise, however this game hasn't had a single thing wrong with it. No glitches, beautiful graphics, always something to do, and of course, awesome sword swinging action. And on top of that, the story and characters are brilliantly written.

If I could give this game a 15/10, I definitely would.
  19. Mar 8, 2017
    i love this game, played on switch, good loading times amazing story and a hot link, everything you need for a good video game inside an open world with great cooking and combat mechanics
  20. Mar 8, 2017
    This is one of the best Zelda and I love playing in portable mode that i can take it anywhere .I am now about 10 hours in and there are so many things to explode . I could give more scores if i can :)
  21. Mar 8, 2017
    Dios!!!!! Q vicio, es lo mejor q he jugado, desde los dos zeldas de N64 q no disfrutaba tanto, es un traga horas brutal, no dejaras de jugar, recomendadísimo, un 10, sin dudarlo.
  22. Mar 8, 2017
    This game doesn't deserve the negativity it's getting, it's the most fresh Zelda game that goes back to it's original roots of game 1; open world exploring and dungeon crawling. Graphics are stylized, just like Windwaker, it lives up to what was promised, and brings in a wider audience that otherwise would not have been interested.

Sorry Sony fanboy elitists, but it looks like old

Sorry Sony fanboy elitists, but it looks like old school beat you this time. I've played both with open eyes, Breath of the Wild and Horizon, and both are good games, but Zelda won me over this time

Also, voting ten to help fix the average even though in my eyes there is no 10/10 game and never will be
  23. Mar 8, 2017
    Excelente juego, el mejor, lastimosamente los niños ratas y la envidia han hecho que haya una campaña para puntuarle cero al juego, son gente Rata.
    El juego en si es perfecto, no quiero spoilear nada, pero es muy recomendado, horas y horas de diversion
    gracias Nintendo lo hiciste otra vez!!!!!
  24. Mar 8, 2017
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game and while I would not personally give it a perfect score, I can see where it might earn that rating from others. The visuals are beautiful, the story is compelling, and the game play is entertaining. The addition of voice acting is a bit strange for a LoZ game, but it does give weight to the cutscenes it is included in although thereLegend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game and while I would not personally give it a perfect score, I can see where it might earn that rating from others. The visuals are beautiful, the story is compelling, and the game play is entertaining. The addition of voice acting is a bit strange for a LoZ game, but it does give weight to the cutscenes it is included in although there are times where it feels a bit forced and/or awkward. For the most part, the challenges are fun, but I've run into a few fights or sections that seemed frustratingly unfair. The controls can be a bit confusing or overly complex and even ~40ish hours in I find myself pressing the wrong buttons. As for the performance, I've mostly been playing in docked mode with the display on my 1440p monitor, and there are noticeable frame drops, specifically when you're in an area with a lot of particle effects, a lot of enemies, or even a lot of foliage. It hasn't been an issue in combat (at least for me), but it has been a nuisance. Switching the HUD to Pro mode seems to have alleviated the problem somewhat, but it's still present and still very noticeable.

In conclusion, this game has its flaws and to call it perfect is a bit hyperbolic in my opinion. Still, it more than earns a high rating and it definitely feels like the killer app for the Switch. Seriously, if you have a Switch (or even a WiiU) and don't have this game, you should go out and buy it.
  25. Mar 8, 2017
    O melhor Zelda de todos os tempos, mas realmente não tem Barcelona e nem Real Madri para jogar umas peladas. :V Essa onda negativa de haters chorando aqui, nem jogou nem jogará o game, nunca nem devem ter jogado algum Zelda um dia. Então deixo para vcs um conto direto de hyrule:

"Diz a lenda que o Lake Hylia é formado pelo choro dos Seguistas, Sonistas e Caixistas ao longo das gerações, por isso a cada jogo está sempre maior e mais belo"
  26. Mar 9, 2017
    I found it hard to review this game. Not because it's bad, but because I loved so much about it so early on I had and am still having trouble articulating it. This Zelda game does everything right, so far. I haven't completed the game so take this review for what it's worth, nothing.

Every Zelda game is, more or less, about picking up a Sword and Shield and then saving a Princess, and this one doesn't change that up. That's about the only thing it doesn't change up. First thing I did in this game after waking up was picking up a tree branch which I used as a weapon. I proceeded to kill some enemies and steal their weapons. With their weapons I cut down some apple trees until I collected about 10 apples. I then spent 30 minutes killing enemies to get weapons to kill boars and foxes to get meat. It got late so I started catching fireflies. When morning broke I thought oh yeah, I should probably start the main quest even though I just spent a couple of hours doing whatever I wanted. Cool.

How different the game is really started after you're - *spoilers* - told to go to the first 4 shrines in the game. These shrines give you a taste of the mini dungeons throughout the game and how you can approach them however you want. One of the first shrines is located a little high up on an icy mountain. I walked towards it and froze to death, I tried approaching from another side, made it further, still frozen. Jumped in the river to swim. Froze instantly. I didn't get discouraged though because the auto save feature kept me coming right back. I finally noticed some enemies nearby with an open fire and some plants. I wiped out the multi colour orcs and picked some near by spicy plants and threw them in the hot pot and made some weird plants and cooked them. This made some food that boosted my immunity to the cold. Brilliant. I ran to the river and dived in. Froze to death instantly. Fair. Reloaded and tried again, this time I just climbed the mountain slowly and made it in. Success.

The trek changed everything about Zelda, I didn't need to get the boomerang from dungeon one to get the arrows from dungeon two to shoot the flower and put the flower seeds in a bottle from dungeon three. I saw something and decided I wanted it and figured out my own way to get it, and that's the entire game so far. I found a shrine with flowers and every time I walked on them a woman yelled at me to stop, I got tired of following the tiny path laid out so I climbed a mountain nearby, ate some food that increased my stamina and floated over to it and dropped on it past those jerk flowers. Success.

It was at this point that I realized, this game isn't holding my hand. A fairy isn't telling me I can't go to apart of town yet, or that I can't swing my sword. I don't even have a sword anymore, just a club from that GD blue Orc. Some blue **** pardon my french, isn't telling me the exact path to take.

Sitting back and looking at the game, it's beautiful and fluid. I've played some on TV and Off TV. It runs as beautiful on the Switch as it does on the TV. The soundtrack is incredible with highs and lows that seem to fit each moment perfectly. The game even does controls perfectly. Switching, natch, between Joy Cons, Off TV, Joy Cons with grip and pro controllers, it's intuitive and works.

I can't recommend this game more for Switch or Wii U, I played a fraction of friend's Wii U copy as I didn't believe him it ran as fluidly as it did. I was wrong but that's besides the point. Go play this game
  27. Mar 8, 2017
    The Legend Of Zelda : Breath of the Wild is one of the Free Roam base game I LOVE !!!!!!!! My brother and I both play it but I mainly Watch him play it. The mobility of the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild is very good with the Breath of the wild Free Roam. The game play is SMOOTH and CLEAR!, Not like the other systems that has glitches, over heating and freezing points in theThe Legend Of Zelda : Breath of the Wild is one of the Free Roam base game I LOVE !!!!!!!! My brother and I both play it but I mainly Watch him play it. The mobility of the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild is very good with the Breath of the wild Free Roam. The game play is SMOOTH and CLEAR!, Not like the other systems that has glitches, over heating and freezing points in the game. Over ALL this game gets a 10 star if it will let me in the rating with stars, SO all ya'll haters out there that Never play this Game.... Maybe your a glitch like your systems is. I play each game systems but the SWITCH have yall beat, its not like you can take a XBox one with you and play on the go, you cant take a PS4 out and play it on the go. SO there People who want to Bash this game Y'ALL are Idiots Expand
  28. Mar 8, 2017
    It's an astounding game. You can tell that they have put a massive amount of work in to this game just by playing for an hour.
    It's hart to explain. You need to play it for your self.
  29. Mar 8, 2017
    I can't stress how amazing this game is. If you're looking for a game that sucks you in, look no further. This game is designed well in every way. At no point have I thought "why am I in this area?"- because it seams that everything has a purpose. You are usually rewarded for venturing off and seeking out your own adventure. You never need to worry about going off the set path (becauseI can't stress how amazing this game is. If you're looking for a game that sucks you in, look no further. This game is designed well in every way. At no point have I thought "why am I in this area?"- because it seams that everything has a purpose. You are usually rewarded for venturing off and seeking out your own adventure. You never need to worry about going off the set path (because there isn't one). The soundtrack is absolutely perfect. It makes the game that much more enjoyable. The art and graphics look stunning. The only minor complaint are the random FPS drops (Switch), fortunately they aren't common and don't hinder the game play in any way. I would recommend this game to anyone who plays video games. Expand
  30. Mar 8, 2017
    The critic reviews speak for themselves. The game is flawless, it's magical and the story line is amazing. Yes the Switch only has a couple of games at the moment but is it worth it for Zelda? Yes, of course. The game brings you back to gaming roots, spending hours upon hours of time crafting and venturing around getting completely lost in the world.
  31. Mar 8, 2017
    I absolutely adore this game. It's everything I didn't even know I wanted. I don't get why people are complaining about the music, because they clearly haven't been to hyrule castle yet. It has one of the most epic themes I've ever heard.
  32. Mar 8, 2017
    Great game so far. Love how you can interact with the world in numerous ways. Changing weather makes the game feel more realistic. A ton of little things make this a great game all together!
  33. Mar 8, 2017
    Worth every penny spent and more, that includes paying for the "Zelda Playing Machine" (Nintendo Switch). In my honest opinion this game raises the bar for not only future Zelda games but all future video games. Bravo Nintendo, bravo.
  34. Mar 8, 2017
    I'm here just to give a 10 because it not only is a genuinely good game, but people feel the need to be childish.
    Seriously, don't rate a game badly YOU DON'T PLAY simply because it gets amazing reviews and you don't like that... what's wrong with you?
    That being said. Awesome game, amazing open world, nice combat/cooking/etc, great story, never a dull moment. Plus the sheer size of this world is the best. Seriously a must have game.
  35. Mar 8, 2017
    I am in love with this game :O
    Spent the first 10+ hours on the Plateau. Each time I thought I found everything, new things just kept popping up! Beautifully crafted
  36. Mar 8, 2017
    Hands down most challenging and open world Zelda game. Very easy to get sucked into the game's world and atmosphere!

The lack of linearity is sometimes overwhelming, but no other games capture this same sense of adventure. Totally worth buying a Switch just for this game! I can see myself putting in more than 100 hours into it.
  37. Mar 8, 2017
    This game is a perfect 10. It is challenging, it offers an open world that is actually OPEN, has tons of content, and every NPC has relevance. Any negative score is probably from people who are console hating lol.
  38. Mar 8, 2017
    This new Zelda takes everything good in today's video games and add the Nintendo touch that a lot of us are found of. The gameplay and and the sense of adventure are great ! The game design is stunning even if obviously the graphics do not compete with PS4's or xBox one's. I can't compare it to previous Zelda games because lots of mechanics are drastically different from previousThis new Zelda takes everything good in today's video games and add the Nintendo touch that a lot of us are found of. The gameplay and and the sense of adventure are great ! The game design is stunning even if obviously the graphics do not compete with PS4's or xBox one's. I can't compare it to previous Zelda games because lots of mechanics are drastically different from previous episodes, but this game is one of the best Zelda game I ever played.. one of the best video game I ever played ! Expand
  39. Mar 8, 2017
    most of the bad user reviews I see are only on this site so don't worry everyone this game I a beautiful game and not even people hating on it for any reason can change it this game has blown my away with everything I am glad to see what they where able to do with it I plan to get more switch games as soon as can have a beautiful day everyone and game on.
  40. Mar 9, 2017
    I went into the game knowing how much praise it's gotten and how many people are calling it one of the best games ever made. I didn't initially think that at first but the more I play it the more and more i'm blown away and taken by surprise. The world is vast and hugely expansive. I would start a main quest mission then get distracted by my own curiosity of the land and wind up spendingI went into the game knowing how much praise it's gotten and how many people are calling it one of the best games ever made. I didn't initially think that at first but the more I play it the more and more i'm blown away and taken by surprise. The world is vast and hugely expansive. I would start a main quest mission then get distracted by my own curiosity of the land and wind up spending hours just doing that. It loads incredibly fast, there's no loading times between villagers or when entering houses. I'm really surprised at how Nintendo were able to do that and to make it possible for the Wii U as well. at times it doesn't feel like a traditional zelda game but you're too busy enjoying yourself to feel let down.

Zelda Breath of the Wild deserves every bit of praise it is given.
  41. Jan 5, 2020
    Amazing game best in the last 10 years!! You need to play it even if you are not a Zelda fan.!!!
  42. Jan 5, 2020
    Breath Of The Wild and Links Awakening are masterpiecies! Cant wait for the future!
  43. Mar 4, 2017
    I'm pleasantly surprised that this game exceeded my very high expectations. I thought no game could ever come close to The Witcher III.......this has potential to reach, if not surpass, the greatness of that game. I have never enjoyed exploring a sandbox as much as I have this one. Easily deserves a 10/10! It's sickening how many people are giving it zero's......they clearly have yet toI'm pleasantly surprised that this game exceeded my very high expectations. I thought no game could ever come close to The Witcher III.......this has potential to reach, if not surpass, the greatness of that game. I have never enjoyed exploring a sandbox as much as I have this one. Easily deserves a 10/10! It's sickening how many people are giving it zero's......they clearly have yet to play it... Expand
  44. Mar 5, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really didn't want to give this game a 10/10. It's more 9.8 out of ten as the game is astonishing but it is not without it's very slight flaws.

You take Ocarina of Time level exploration and you ramp it up 500%. There is so much to do and see along with challenging side quests to keep you focused on something.

The shrine system is brilliant as you can challenge these in any order you wish and they bring back the puzzle solving of old. Familiar side quests (I've lost my cuckoos!) and characters from across the franchises many games. If i'm honest I have only really played Link Between Worlds and Ocarina of Time properly over the years so I wouldn't be able to comment and contrast with other games in the franchise but this takes elements from these games and perfects them. The game encourages you to think creatively to complete tasks and not just mash the melee button until you win.

The very very slight downside is the small frame rate drop at certain parts. This doesn't make the game unplayable but it does very slightly detract from a masterpiece of game design.

I found myself unable to turn the game off. Need to ween myself away in time for the working week!
  45. Mar 5, 2017
    FANTASTIC! MASTER PIECE, best game of 2017 and the hystori, music is fenomenal, open worl fantstic, zelda is my sage, love the game, exelente, no eh dejado de jugar en 4 dias!
  46. Mar 7, 2017
    Its a shame how many people vote this title a 0. Nearly every 3rd user! That looks liek a joke. What a nonsense. All the trolls and haters coming around and try to downscore this game ..without a reason, without playing it or only playing for 2 hours and some only because they want to hate and want to troll. metacritic was much realer and serious before they decided to let users vote . SoIts a shame how many people vote this title a 0. Nearly every 3rd user! That looks liek a joke. What a nonsense. All the trolls and haters coming around and try to downscore this game ..without a reason, without playing it or only playing for 2 hours and some only because they want to hate and want to troll. metacritic was much realer and serious before they decided to let users vote . So if you want to decide if you want to buy this game or not...have a look on the critic reviews/ proper metascore but not to the distorted user score. Thanks. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is truly a masterpiece, no doubt about it. This game will win game of the year. I know it has gotten 7.6 by User score but then again, how many of the ones who's rated it negative have actually played the game?
  48. Mar 6, 2017
    I have been playing 20 hours for now and I am very very far away from finishing this game, and this is already my 2nd favorite Zelda, just after Majora's mask (lots of sidequest, interesting characters, not too many temples but very good ones)
    This game deserves its press score. The user score is just a shame.
    As a game designer, I feel this game is brilliant in its game design, art
    This game deserves its press score. The user score is just a shame.
    As a game designer, I feel this game is brilliant in its game design, art direction, and even the technical aspect is petty impressive regarding the size of the switch.
  49. Mar 6, 2017
    First of all, don't give a review before reaching the first village and talking to the person you have to talk there.
    This game offers incredible liberty while still guiding you with a really good story, but you can do things in the order you want like the first zelda games. Anybody who tells there is no story haven't played the game, or haven't done what they have to do, I don't know... Shrines are a great addition and DUNGEONS ARE STILL THERE. Story is still there too, the difference with other zelda games is that you have A LOT more to do between each part of the main quest (side quests, shrines quest, exploring for hidden treasures, Discovering new monsters...) and also that you have a lot more weapons to find, and you can find them any time, not at a given part of the story. I give it a 10 and I really mean it, from what i see this game will at least take me 100 hours. It takes all the best bits of modern open world games and adds a great magical zelda story to it.
  50. Mar 6, 2017
    One of the greatest games ever made, period. DO NOT BELIEVE THE TROLL POSTS WITH 0 SCORES. This game deserves the praise it's receiving and there is no "paid reviews", the game really is that good. The low-reviewers are trolls that are only trying to make fans of the game mad by spamming 0 score reviews to lower the User Score.

Now as for the game, the amount of design and detail that

Now as for the game, the amount of design and detail that is put into every single part of this game is incredible. The world enormous but you continually run into something completely new every 20 seconds. There is so many things to do in this game that you will NEVER run out. Seriously, 100% complete everything is this game would take weeks of gametime.

If you are on the fence of buying this game or another game, GET THIS GAME! It can not be overstated!
  51. Mar 6, 2017
    Un juego maravilloso. Nunca te quedas sin cosas por hacer, los personajes son carisma pura, la dificultad es equilibrada y el mundo es hermoso.
    Puedes quedarte en la cima de una montaña observando el paisaje sin aburrirte. Los efectos del clima están súper bien logrados y el tema del vestuario y la comida es muy interesante.
  52. Mar 6, 2017
    I love this game. I miss some elements present in previous games like more complex dungeons or more variety of key items to use in dungeons. Despite the quantity of those key items, the puzzles which involves them are short but well designed and some (I've visited 27 and there is around 150) are a real challenge.

And the world is fu***** big. I've only explored the East and after

And the world is fu***** big. I've only explored the East and after playing 30h I have yet a lot of places to visit for first time. Yes, only in the east part. And there is A LOT of side quest. And A LOT of characters to talk with. And every one of those characters gives you clues of the relationships of other people and have a routine system that changes depend on the weather and the moment of the day. The world is fully detailed. Even animals and monsters have routines.

By the other hand, the ilumination used in this game is AWESOME. I think it is the most beautiful ilumination system I've seen in a game. Even more than the one used in Ghost Recon Wildlands which I've played in PC in Ultra.

In the negative side, the frame rate and popping. It is true that in dock mode the game occasionally drops the frame rate from 30 to 20, but I think is logical. The moments when thus happens is when you are in an area with a lot of grass, buildings and have some monsters attacking you. Go to the same area, in the same situation but with no grass (cut it). You won't have frame rate drops.

And I have to talk about antialiasing in docked mode. I'll be quick. I miss you!

In conclussion. Despite the technical problems, the game itself is really big and awesome, and it has a lot of places to visit and things to do. Because the iumination you will have to buy a microSD because you won't stop taking screenshots.
  53. Mar 7, 2017
    Grande,muy grande,infinitos juegos dentro de mismo y cien maneras de hacer cualquier cosa.las físicas a Otro nivel de cualquier otro juego.la inteligencia artificial,los cambios climáticos,todo llevado al extremo,lejos de cualquier otro juego ,bebé de muchos otros,pero solo para enseñarles a otras desarrolladoras como tenían que haberlo hecho.
  54. Mar 6, 2017
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a game that will be remembered for decades. It's not only the best game to launch with a system, but more than likely the best game ever made. The Switch is worth buying for this game, and this game alone...even if the Switch never gets another title.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said before, but this game has been designed with unbelievable imagination. The landscapes and scenery are well modelled and crafted. The enemies behave very differently without pattern. The wildlife behave as wildlife irl do. It has some very deep survival elements and I'm always having to decide how to approach an enemy before initiating a battle. The climbing aspect is a blast and gives you a rush after reaching a peak on your last stamina potion. The loot system and treasure hunting is extremely rewarding.

The best thing of all is of course the freedom. Do anything, anywhere, anytime. It's a true adventure game with no map icons or hud headers to make you feel stupid and take up screen space. The controls just work and the sound effects and music are extremely aesthetically pleasing. Menu systems are designed for ease of use and visual attractiveness.

As for cons, there are frame drops and some shrine puzzles lack any hint to a clear solution. That's really it. I think the 98 critic score reflects my own opinion of the game. A nearly perfect game that can appeal to an extremely wide audience. My wife even loves it and she never plays anything other than platformers or Mario Kart. The game isn't for everyone...but I think it does appeal to people who even don't normally like Zelda games. It's an absolute masterpiece.
  55. Mar 14, 2017
    Story - Of course, its your typical Zelda game with good vs evil or to be specific Link (amnesiac) vs. Calamity Ganon. The difference in this installment is that before the start of the game. Zelda lost...thats that. Nothing really interest me the whole campaign nor there was any good characterization of each and every character. Its like the game assumes you know who is who and what isStory - Of course, its your typical Zelda game with good vs evil or to be specific Link (amnesiac) vs. Calamity Ganon. The difference in this installment is that before the start of the game. Zelda lost...thats that. Nothing really interest me the whole campaign nor there was any good characterization of each and every character. Its like the game assumes you know who is who and what is and whats not. I cant say it is bad, but on today's standards...Typical doesn't do anymore. A score of 7/10

Gameplay - Now this is where the game shines. Its gameplay is great! The open world is interactive, storms gets you lightnings if you wield a sword, rain makes climbing slippery and boxed, things, etc. actually hurt when it falls on you, Fruits actually grow on trees through time. The fighting mechanics is also good, with the addition of parries and slow motion mode. Added those things with the unique and classic great puzzles of the zelda franchise. However, not everything is perfect in this aspect. The durability system is **** up that weapons get destroyed in 5-6 hits used. in fact you need atleast 20x of each types of weapons to actually not worry about losing them, next the bosses as well as ALL enemies of this game has bad AI, other than them looting weapons on the ground(which is cool btw) nothing really gives me any challenge from any of them. You just need to press that attack button and no need of actual dodging to actually beat most of the creeps ingame and lastly, the world despite being ok, is lifeless. Therefore, a score of 8/10

Graphics - Well, its cartoonish, colorful but....Its butt ugly as of today's console standards. Yeah the graphics IS decent in handheld mode, but the console is really a pain in the eyes to see. Its so outdated, the design of walls, etc. pixels are so obvious its painful. Thus, a fair score of 6/10.

Sound - I dont have any complaints with the soundtrack of the game. Its great, the intruments used are good, pleasant to the ears and soothing. The same could not be said to the character voice though, i could say the devs didnt really put any effort on that aspect which clearly showed how lazy they are in doing atleas a decent job in putting gooding voice acting to the game's characters. A score of 8/10

Total average = 7.25

First of all. Imo, seeing how HIGH this game in the critics column of the game page. I could say its really overrated. Seeing as most of the reviewers that made it where mostly likely been a fan of the franchise since they were little and that feel of nostalgia got them to be biased with the game. As for me, its not right, BOTW IS A GOOD GAME, but no way in hell it is a masterpiece. The game doesn't really did any revolutionary in its gameplay to consider it a "best" nor its story is that engrossing too as well its graphics and environment ist really that good or anything. IT IS JUST A GOOD GAME WITH A ZELDA TITLE. hell, i think if its another title an d without "zelda" in it then this would be averaging 70-75 in the metacritic. regardless, i gave what i feel a score that shows what the game is to those potential buyers. Is it worth it if you have a switch? well, you dont have a choice since its the only decent out there. But imo, wait for more good games to come out before buying switch.
  56. May 24, 2017
    If you're reading through reviews wondering if everyone is insane, then let me tell you that this is the review I wish I had read before buying the game.

It's just as boring as you think it is. When people say that there is 'so much to do' they mean that you can do the same things, over and over again, a lot. * The puzzles are boring and/or annoying. * The exploration is fun for

* The puzzles are boring and/or annoying.
    * The exploration is fun for about 10 hours (meaning that it IS genuinely fun, but it gets old if you're looking for any kind of depth).
    * The story is cringe-inducing.
    * There is no depth beyond the exploration, combat, and the crappy puzzles (shrines). Those three things are what you cycle through endlessly until you get tired or you decide to beat the game.
    * This isn't really Zelda, not at all in it's ideal form.

If you consider Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask works of art, or 'experiences', then you will see right through this game. I'm not saying you won't like it, I'm just saying that you'll know exactly what's what after about 30 minutes.

Now, gripes out of the way: This game is RELAXING. Play it if you want to just do random stuff all day in Zelda-land and sometimes impress yourself with your ingenuity, find cute things to giggle about, and just kind of mindlessly 'do something'. The game, however, is not worth investing your imagination into, there's nothing here. It's a theme park.

A solid 7. Good sand-box toy/game, bad Zelda experience.
  57. Mar 5, 2017
    First of all, I would like to address the fact that people who are giving this game a 0/10 haven't played it. Do NOT let them troll you because they are fanboys of another system, and don't want to see a game getting better than ANY reviews their exclusives have gotten.

A little bit about me : I would like to state that I am a Zelda fanboy. I won't try to make you believe anything different. I have beaten 18 out of the now 21 main title Zeldas (Phantom Hourglass and A Link Between Worlds being the two I never beat nor played). So, although it seems that I could be biased, I'd like to think of it as I am seasoned, and know my way around a good Zelda title.

Now, onto the review (20 hours in) : THIS GAME IS STUNNING. The soundtrack is at it's best, up there with OOT and Wind Waker, in my opinion. The Gameplay Mechanics are amazing. There is no game out there that utilizes so many mechanics in ALL the right ways. From the best fighting we've seen in Zelda, to the climbing, swimming, flying, and more, this game is amazing in all facets of gameplay. The physics have to be the best of any game I've ever played. From weighted objects rolling down hills, to flying feeling actually reasonable, to aiming the bow feeling realistic, to the weight of items slowing you down, you won't find better physics ANYWHERE. The graphics are top notch. Some give it a knock because it is not "photo-realism" like Horizon Zero Dawn. First of all, Horizon isn't (I own it), and Zelda is not meant to be like that. It is heavily Japanese animated, and this is the best form of it that I have ever seen. If you want to see it at it's best, watch videos showing of the grass. In my opinion it is even better than Horizon. The story is FANTASTIC so far. Trust me, I was in the group of wanting to disown voice acting in Zelda, but they pull it off really well. The whole game isn't voice acted like so many thought, just story cutscenes, and I think it brings even more life to an already stunning game. The sheer storytelling itself is great, and every time I put the game down, I canNOT wait to get back on and progress!

Those are the outstanding aspects of the game. So, does the game lack? Are there any faults at all!? Yes, but hardly. There are subtle framerate drops, although I've only noticed this in the mobile mode, not once on TV mode. The gyro controls should be optional. There are a few shrines (no spoilers) where gyro controls are necessary, and I find this dumb as the puzzles aren't hard to figure out at all, it's just forced gyro. I would have much rather seen a hard mind puzzle like Zelda is greatly known for. That being said, those are the only negatives I can speak of so far. I'm being serious. The ONLY ones. This coming from a fan who can be VERY critical of Zelda games.

Now to the most important aspect of ANY game. The experience. On paper, this game is perfect. You can tell that from any review. Is the gameplay/soundtrack/graphics/etc. good? Well, it's AMAZING. So what about the FEEL of the game? It's perfect. This game has been knocked for influences of Assassin's Creed and Skyrim, but that's what makes it so great. Yes, you can argue those influences, but that's what makes it so great. It grabs minor influences from some of the best RPGs of all time, and culminates it into an original Zelda experience, that in my mind creates the best game that I've ever played. Anything you think you can do in this game, you can. For example, I was getting pissed off at this apple on a tree that I couldn't climb too. So, I shot an arrow at it. Subconsciously I thought that the arrow and apple would disappear like it probably would in any game, but then the apple with the arrow fell on the ground, and I was able to pick up the apple and retrieve my arrow. Yes, it's subtle, but it blew my mind. The smallest things will grasp your attention in this masterpiece! If you drop a torch on the ground, grass will set aflame. If there is wind, it will affect your arrows. The game truly immerses you in it's world and it feels GREAT! On another note, I've never felt the sense of exploration and freedom in any other game EVER (this coming from a nerd who put over 1,000 hours on Skyrim). If you see anything in this game, you can get there. That's what is so amazing about this game. I got side tracked by 2 hours climbing up a mountain just for kicks, and when I got to the top there were unexpected things to my surprise that I would not have known unless I climbed it! This game is captivating, and everything I do feels like an adventure!

I haven't played a game like it, and I can't wait to put 100 hours into it, and then hopefully 100 more! If you have a Switch, this title is a no-brainer. If you have a Wii U, and don't plan on buying a Switch, this title is a no-brainer.

In short, don't listen to the haters. They're jealous of the closest to perfect a video game has ever been. In my opinion, this is the best game I have EVER played.

10/10.
  58. Mar 5, 2017
    A flat out masterpiece of a Zelda title, I can guarantee you'll spend at least a good solid day playing this game.
    And it doesn't end there. When i first picked it up, I was sort've scared since this was the only title that kept my interest for the switch launch. but its worth every penny, and I wont regret spending more for the hours of enjoyment I had.
  59. Mar 5, 2017
    stunning. adventure on the go. while i travel all over the world, so does link. i cannot emphasis the ability to have a real gaming experience no matter where i am. no more do i have to fumble with and be disappointed with sub-par ipad games or even on my phone.

THIS IS THE FUTURE.
  60. Mar 6, 2017
    The best Zelda game ever. Honestly, this open world is massive, but so immerse you get lost in it by doing random things. About 10 hours in and loving it. A must have for any player's library!
  61. Mar 6, 2017
    A stunningly beautiful game. Not the best Zelda in my opinion (Twilight Princess as that was the game that was so good it brought me back to Zelda and made me buy BotW in the first place) but definitely one of the best. It is atmospheric and charming and even the combat is exciting. Just running around and exploring the world is entertaining and that was the intent, of course. If it wouldA stunningly beautiful game. Not the best Zelda in my opinion (Twilight Princess as that was the game that was so good it brought me back to Zelda and made me buy BotW in the first place) but definitely one of the best. It is atmospheric and charming and even the combat is exciting. Just running around and exploring the world is entertaining and that was the intent, of course. If it would not have that much story then it would probably get a bit of a worse rating from me but the thing is that you very well have the chance too get through story, you just need to live through this game to get to know it. Basically it is a game were, in case you want to know the full story, they want you to just play the game first by exploring and then "earn the story" with it instead of just giving it the linear treatment. Of course you can also have shorter version of it by just going to the main villain as quickly as possible but that is not what should be done.
    If a game is so great that I am happy everytime I get more stamina to cilmb even higher spots just because I can, then this is a very special game. What could be said about it that I think of as a bit negative? The music is not all that present all the time. That is a bit sad for a Zelda game. It still is there but especially for the great distances that you run or ride I would have loved to hear a theme. Bonus points for the dungeon re-interpretation theme though.

This game is a masterpiece.
  62. Mar 6, 2017
    Un nuevo enfoque para Zelda, un mundo abierto repleto de misiones, objetos, posibilidades, simplemente una obra maestra de Nintendo y Zelda, impresionante de principio a fin.

Exploración incansable, una historia y un decorado impactante. Sin duda alguna el legado de OOT ha terminado, y empieza ahora una nueva leyenda llamada Zelda: BOTW. P.d: Los comentarios negativos, no merecen

Exploración incansable, una historia y un decorado impactante.

P.d: Los comentarios negativos, no merecen la pena leer ni el 99%, son todos trolls comentando bobadas dle tipo: he chupado el cartucho y me ha dado dolor de barriga..., valorar que si los expertos los han valorado positivamente sin exepción... los trolls han venido por pura envidia a criticar lo no criticable sin más.
  63. Mar 6, 2017
    The presentation card ( The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) is almost perfect for Nintendo Switch*. Now I'm going to talk about what are the positive points and the negatives for me.
    *I say that it's almost perfect because, I think that there is not a perfect game yet. If the score could be decimal, I would said 9,5.
    Pros: -Very interesting story. The more I play the more I want

Pros:
    -Very interesting story. The more I play the more I want to play.
    -A lot of secondary content and options. The map is huge and there are a lot of things to investigate and figure them out. There are a lot of enemies and weapons, interesting puzzles, new abilities...
    -Link is still incredible. New design and now looks like a young men with a tale to tell.

- For the actual generations, Nintendo should have given a step forward in graphic aspects. They are OK, and I don't say that they should have work for HZD or uncharted 4 graphics. With this graphics level, the minimum would be the 60 FPS.
    - If I said that there are a lot of enemies, now I want to say, that I want more, because a lot of them are the same but with other weapons.

In conclusion, if you have a Switch (or you want to have it) is imperative to buy it. And if you don't have it and you like RPG and fantasy, then save some money and buy the console and the game.
  64. Mar 6, 2017
    Today is my first day at work since losing my entire weekend to this game. I haven't been able to stop playing it since I got the switch at 12:01am Friday. Seriously, I haven't been engrossed by a game like this in a LONG time. I give a game 5 minutes to hook me in, else I generally A.D.D off onto something else. This game, I haven't been able to put down and I absolutely love every minuteToday is my first day at work since losing my entire weekend to this game. I haven't been able to stop playing it since I got the switch at 12:01am Friday. Seriously, I haven't been engrossed by a game like this in a LONG time. I give a game 5 minutes to hook me in, else I generally A.D.D off onto something else. This game, I haven't been able to put down and I absolutely love every minute of it.

Thank you Nintendo!
  65. Mar 6, 2017
    Utterly brilliant in design & execution. No other game this generation has topped what I've played in the first 30 hours alone. This is a milestone in gaming & will be very hard to beat. Breath of the Wild is a truly special game & will be talked about for decades to come.
  66. Mar 6, 2017
    Easily one of the best Zelda games ever made, and definitely the best Nintendo title of this decade. Amazing story, intuitive yet explorative gameplay and stunning graphics that fit with the overall narrative of the story. Was definitely worth the wait. It's worth noting that others who have given this game a low score have come on metacritic ONLY to give this game a bad score (theyEasily one of the best Zelda games ever made, and definitely the best Nintendo title of this decade. Amazing story, intuitive yet explorative gameplay and stunning graphics that fit with the overall narrative of the story. Was definitely worth the wait. It's worth noting that others who have given this game a low score have come on metacritic ONLY to give this game a bad score (they haven't reviewed anything else) so that their own systems and favourite games won't get beat out by Zelda. Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is simply perfection. Possibly one of the greatest of all time. Do not listen to the negative reviews, they are just biased haters who don't even own the game or a switch console.
  68. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is greater than all other games I have played. It is at the pinnacle of creativity and I cannot imagine anything surpassing it in the coming future.
  69. Mar 7, 2017
    Breath of the wild is the best Zelda game since Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

Nintendo, the creators of Zelda, which popularized the modern fantasy RPG, Finally come home to show all these other developers how an open world should REALLY be done.
  70. Mar 7, 2017
    Ha muitos anos eu nao me deparava com um jogo que me fizesse jogar por horas sem parar, posso passar pelo mesmo lugar varias vezes e nunca ter a mesma experiência pois o clima muda de tal forma tão natural que nem se parece um jogo e sim uma obra viva. Ponto a ser notado é as quedas no fps mas que nao ofusca a grandeza de BOTW, sem duvidas a maior obra que joguei apos metroid prime noHa muitos anos eu nao me deparava com um jogo que me fizesse jogar por horas sem parar, posso passar pelo mesmo lugar varias vezes e nunca ter a mesma experiência pois o clima muda de tal forma tão natural que nem se parece um jogo e sim uma obra viva. Ponto a ser notado é as quedas no fps mas que nao ofusca a grandeza de BOTW, sem duvidas a maior obra que joguei apos metroid prime no cube. Nota maxima ira demorar surgir algo que ze compare a ele com uma certa quem sabe o proximo zelda. Expand
  71. Mar 5, 2017
    Suberb! Everything we wanted from a Zelda game. Great art work. Great Music. Great Story.
    Nintendo really did it this time. Much better than Ocarina of Time. Perfect!
  72. R64
    Mar 6, 2017
    El mejor juego de la historia muchisimo mejor de lo que esperava, en sèrio una joia recomendadisimo el unico punto malo són las Caidas de FPS en el modo TV de la Swich Aun asi una joia recomendadisimo en las 2 versiones

PD: no agais Caso a Los que puntuant con 0 ni siquiera tienen el juego
  73. Mar 6, 2017
    Thank you Nintendo! After 3 days of play I cant stop playing! And now I can play in my way back home! Games is a bit challenging in the binning, but in the good way! If you learn basics, then you are good to go!
  74. Mar 6, 2017
    Me encanto el juego, su mecánicas de jugar, la diversidad, las cosas que puedes hacer, la exploración y que el mundo se sienta muy vivo, la música es buena pero se extraña a koji, las bajas de Frames le restan mucho a la exp. de juego, no se si podría decir que es lo mejor zelda, pero valió la pena la espera, el mundo me recordó un poco a the witcher por vasto, con misiones secundariasMe encanto el juego, su mecánicas de jugar, la diversidad, las cosas que puedes hacer, la exploración y que el mundo se sienta muy vivo, la música es buena pero se extraña a koji, las bajas de Frames le restan mucho a la exp. de juego, no se si podría decir que es lo mejor zelda, pero valió la pena la espera, el mundo me recordó un poco a the witcher por vasto, con misiones secundarias interesantes. Expand
  75. Mar 6, 2017
    Gran juego, muy bien pensado un mundo basto en el que siempre hay algo que hacer, se vuelve una adicción explorar cada rincón de Hyrule y superar cada reto, lo recomiendo ampliamente
  76. Mar 6, 2017
    Me es imposible aun puntuar el juego y no lo hare hasta que lo termine, pero como hay tanto "hater" de Nintendo que pone notas de 0's y 1's pondre un 10 para compensar y una vez lo acabe editare la nota y el comentario poniendo lo que me ha parecido.
  77. Mar 6, 2017
    (First of all sorry for my bad english)
    In my opinion Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game of all time. You can read many very negative and positive things about the game online, I want to talk a bit about them.
    I've played 7 hours so far, I don't know everything about the game, maybe this game gets worse. One negative point is the open world, which is "too huge and too empty". I
    (First of all sorry for my bad english)

One negative point is the open world, which is "too huge and too empty". I can't confirm that, maybe I'm very curious but everywhere is something to explore. There are many monster camps, many forest with special items and many shrines. There are also "villages" and sometimes there are people you can talk to. I didn't played games like Witcher 3, but I think the world of Breath of the Wild is not empty.

Another criticism are the shrines - shrines are very tiny dungeons. I can understand why people are complaining about it, it's just nothing compared to the dungeons in other Zelda games, BUT there is one problem. NOBODY PLAYED THROUGH THE GAME. The release was three days ago. I can't give the game zero points because there are no dungeons or the world is empty - this is just ridiculous! In my opinion you have to play the game several hours to find reasonable criticisms. So in the end there are the common criticisms: The world is empty, there are no real dungeons, the weapons don't last very long. I can understand these points, but is this worth it to give the game 0-2 points? I've got the feeling many people want to get the score low, maybe the metascore is too high? I don't know, but this game is NOT bad!
    I have very much fun with the game and after playing 7 hours I can give a score of 10, in my opinion it is the best Zelda game.
  78. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is a masterpiece. It has the perfect balance between narrative, gameplay and user experience. Thank you Nintendo! This is no doubt one of the greatest games ever made BRAVO!!!!
  79. Mar 6, 2017
    Sin saber muy bien lo que me iba a encontrar con este Zelda, Nintendo me ha sorprendido de una manera muy grata, muestra una revolución en los juegos de mundo abierto y el cómo se puede ir a más sin necesidad de tirar de misiones secundarias pedorras y miles de recolectables para alargar horas de juego vacías. Este juego a sin duda una Aventura capaz de hacerte replantear el hecho de si laSin saber muy bien lo que me iba a encontrar con este Zelda, Nintendo me ha sorprendido de una manera muy grata, muestra una revolución en los juegos de mundo abierto y el cómo se puede ir a más sin necesidad de tirar de misiones secundarias pedorras y miles de recolectables para alargar horas de juego vacías. Este juego a sin duda una Aventura capaz de hacerte replantear el hecho de si la industria va por mal camino, y marcará un antes y después en ella. Por cierto, comed manzanas. Expand
  80. Mar 6, 2017
    Ocarina of time por un lado y Breath of the Wild por el otro abrazan toda la historia del videojuego moderno. BotW vuelve a recrear la inmersión del primer Zelda pero ahora en las 3 dimensiones.
  81. Mar 7, 2017
    A challenging and incredibly well designed game, filled with innovative content, polished to perfection. 10/10.

After about 20 hours of game time, my experience is that the game is a strong contender for the best game of all time. The vast open world is well thought out, and with thousands of little things to do. You need not run in a straight line, the option is completely yours, and there is little-to-no handling - yet you always feel taken care of. The learning curve of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is not steep, but it is long, and in a good fashion. This game can be played for tens (if not hundreds) of hours, and with every hour you will still feel the wonder of amazement and discovery.

Boss fights and dungeons are intuitive and new. The transition from open world game play into dungeons is as seamless as you could ever imagine. AI is strong, and with many fun little details in NPC behavior. Overall, the attention to detail throughout the game is breath taking. Zelda has evolved, and in doing so it has reached a new high. Nintendo's experimentation with this striking new role play experience hit home, and immediately became modern classic.

If you at all enjoy open world sandbox games, adventuring, and the freedom of choice that was Zelda's essence of old: Do not miss this game, you will love every waking moment you spend playing it.
  82. Mar 7, 2017
    This game is as good as the hype and every time I play it, it keeps getting better with each session. Upvoting to 10 because of this, but also to help balance out the idiots who haven't played the game who are giving it 0 and 1s.

PS4 is still my primary console but Zelda has made the switch have joint pride of place in the living room. Feels like the old Wii60 / 360wii combination from mid 2000s and it's great to have a worthy Zelda game to finally follow up and build on top of what the 2D games and OOT so great.
  83. Mar 7, 2017
    The game is truly awesome in most ways. It still has the old riddly Ocarina of Time feeling. The big dungeons are awesome and fighting is great too.
    One of the bosses (not telling which one because of spoilers) was in my opinion the most awesome boss fight of all time. It felt SO epic, unbelievable!
  84. Mar 7, 2017
    Each meter of the mapping of Breath of the Wild, every moment, is full of adventure spirit and substantial activities that give more depth to the history and universe of the video game.

Never before a game had such masterful balance between mechanics and narrative. That is, all the playable options it offers (magic, physical powers, buried places, etc.) have a why, a reason to be within the story.

Never before has a sandbox style game given such freedom when it comes to traversing the map. The only limits are your experience (both stamina and hearts) and the things the world gives you (armor, shields, clothing, ingredients, metals, ...). Only you decide how and when.

In Breath of the Wild you will not spend a second without doing something substantial and fun. It is the ultimate open world game.
  85. Mar 7, 2017
    I've never enjoyed open world games but Zelda BotW has changed that completely. The sheer size and how alive the world feels! The experience is better suited on the tv and with a pro controller.
  86. Mar 7, 2017
    The only bad thing about this game is that I play it desiring that it never comes to an end. The good one is that the world is so huge that I think that's gonna last forever.

One of the best games I've ever played, it's makes me fell anxious while I'm working to get home and play it!
  87. Mar 7, 2017
    Really breathtaking game, 100% validates buying the switch just for this, I doubt I will run out of things to do for a really long time. The story really pulls you in with the amount of freedom it gives you
  88. Mar 7, 2017
    Интересный открытый мир, небольшое количество загадок и наконец огромное количество предметов, довольно интересная игра, является долгоигровкой, брать стоит
  89. Mar 7, 2017
    I have always thought that Ocarina of time was the best game of all time, and it still is. This might be as close as we are going to get to that greatness. It's worth buying a SWITCH for.
  90. Mar 7, 2017
    This game brings back what I've missed with classic Zelda; a game with plenty of exploration that doesn't treat the player like an idiot. The last mainline Zelda's were just okay in my book, while this one is a strong contender for the best of the series.
  91. Mar 7, 2017
    One of the most gripping, beautiful games I've ever played, a true joy. Please ignore the bizarre user aggregate score, the professional critics are absolutely on the mark on this one.
  92. Mar 7, 2017
    This game is huge! It's indeed a masterpiece and it mixes together plenty of other Zelda games' elements. Of course it is an epic game!

Also, there is no way to 100% beat this game in less than one week, so there's lots of stuff to explore.
  93. Mar 7, 2017
    I have honestly never had this much fun with a nintendo game in a long time.
    The game has few problems, but I choose to look beyond these tiny things for everything else is just to good.
    For those who wanna know the tiny things about the game that are a "problem" The framerate drops from time to time, nothing that I personally experienced a lot of, but it is present. The dialog can
    I have honestly never had this much fun with a nintendo game in a long time.

For those who wanna know the tiny things about the game that are a "problem"
    The dialog can sometimes seem very bland and boring at times even unprofessional.
    and then there is the soundtrack, it doesn't bring a problem for me for I still love the soundtrack plenty, but U can certainly say that it lacks a lot in comparison to say "Wind waker, Skyward Sword" Which personally has my favourite soundtracks.

These are the things that can make the game tedious at times, HOWEVER everything else about the game is fantastic.
    The journey, the openness, The story is by far my favourite among the Zelda series.
    The characters a lovable. From Mipha to Revali to sometimes even the Npc's
    I can certainly say without a doubt that this is my favourite Zelda game that I have ever had the joy of playing, and that I truly hope more people will get to play this extraordinary game.
  94. Mar 8, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda, Breath of the wild has the biggest Zelda world ever. But where Zelda stands apart from its competition is that the world not only is gigantic but also extremely interactive and inviting to exploration. The world has so unbelievable many different places that you wanna visit that you can just go visit. See an interesting place in the far, just find a tall place andThe Legend of Zelda, Breath of the wild has the biggest Zelda world ever. But where Zelda stands apart from its competition is that the world not only is gigantic but also extremely interactive and inviting to exploration. The world has so unbelievable many different places that you wanna visit that you can just go visit. See an interesting place in the far, just find a tall place and glide over to it, find a horse and ride to it, climb a tall mountain and shield surf down at it, meanwhile you encounter different and interesting characters as well as varied and difficult enemies, which is also a plus.

This game is not just a walk in the park, it's actually quite difficult as you learn that many enemies can kill you in one or two hits especially if you don't have any armor equipped. It becomes a sort of chess match where you have to constantly analyze your enemies. Does he have a shield that he can use to block me? yes! Then I need to dodge his attack first and get the upper hand and then attack, parry his attack with a well-timed shield blast, jump around and attack from behind, or hit him really hard with a big weapon. Meanwhile you also have to be focused on the other enemies that are nearby and so on and so forth. And different enemies have different kind of attacks and properties so new challenges in combat are constantly being introduced. `

Then there are the shines, that are first introduced in the starting area " the great plateau". Here they give you cool abilities that you activate with your new item the "sheikah slate".Then after that shrines are mainly for given you spirit orbs which you can trade 4 of to get another heart or more stamina. Which I at first did nor really like that much because you don't get anymore cool new abilities. But then as I moved more out in the world I was rewarded with awesome loot from these shrines. And shrines are absolutely everywhere up, down, on land in the sea and so on. You usually use a lot of stamina to get to these places which segway's nicely over to the stamina portion of the game.

The games new function is that you can jump and climb absolutely anything which is so amazing. there are nearly any obstacles in your way of exploration that you can't overcome partially do to the climbing. It does however require much stamina which is why large mountain climbing trips is hard for poor Link if you haven't upgraded the stamina, but again if you are smart enough you can still make it up the majority of the mountains if you just plane you ascent correctly, and scout out resting spots where you can stand and get your stamina back, which means that you are again for the majority only limited by your own skills. Certain areas do though require that you are well prepared with some being either too cold or hot for Link to travel as he is without certain equipment or (which is so damn cool) special elixirs that give him heat, cold or flame resistant.

But how do you get these special elixirs you might ask, well, you make it. In the Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild you are also able to cook, which you can do to make food or elixirs which both can give you special effects as for example the resistant I mentioned before, attack boost, stealth boost defense boost, and many more. Cooking is also so fun because you find different ingredients in the wild like, animal meat, insects monster part and plants and then the description give you a general idea of what are use to make elixirs and what can be cooked into food, but you are never given specific details on what different mixes does what, so cooking is an adventure all on its own too as you try to mix all your new different ingredients in new and different ways you discover so many new recipes and it's always a joy to discover a new one that works well, trust me.

With all this exploration and open world gameplay you would think something like story might get shoved a b it away which I would have had it fine with, but F*cking no, Nintendo just gives this gift that keeps on giving because the story in the legend of Zelda breath of the wild, is the best goddamn story there has ever been in any Zelda game, with the best goddamn stories there have ever been in any Zelda game, and probably also in most games in general.

TL;DR and Conclusion
    The legend of Zelda is one the most highly acclaimed video games series there have ever existed, and every installment in the series is another amazing adventure that so absolutely few games can hold up to. The shame this time is that there now just is no games that can be held up to its standard as it without exaggerating ascends over every other game that id out there at the moment, which I know is a HUGE statement to make, but after only playing 32 hours and not even being close to finish the game yet is it one I can with outmost confidence and sincerity. It is a masterpiece in every possible way, and I urge everyone to grab a switch and get lost in its amazing world.
  95. Mar 8, 2017
    Every minutes on this game is a pure moment of pleasure and it's always hard to stop and leave hyrule. The new definition of adventure and opend world.
  96. Mar 8, 2017
    This is the first Zelda since Ocarina of Time that I've been captivated by. The graphics and soundtrack are fantastic. Yes, the graphics would look better on beefier consoles, but that has never been Nintendo's philosophy and credit to them for focusing on innovation rather than specs. The Switch is seriously lacking titles at the moment and there aren't many I'm looking forward to (yet)This is the first Zelda since Ocarina of Time that I've been captivated by. The graphics and soundtrack are fantastic. Yes, the graphics would look better on beefier consoles, but that has never been Nintendo's philosophy and credit to them for focusing on innovation rather than specs. The Switch is seriously lacking titles at the moment and there aren't many I'm looking forward to (yet) Breath of the Wild however, has made buying the console this early well worth it. I will be playing the hell out of this game and there are plenty of side missions outside of the main campaign that will keep me entertained. The horses continue to pee me off though =/ Expand
  97. Mar 8, 2017
    I Give Legend Of Zelda Breath of the wild a 10 out of 10 as its is a beautiful open world explorer which lives up to its former zelda games in the franchise
  98. Mar 8, 2017
    This game is a rare gem, achieving near perfection where others fall short, albeit only slightly. The huge world seems daunting at first -- if you moved in it for bit, it's hard to let the controller go.

Encountered a foe much to strong for you? Sneak around the next time. Explore every crook you encounter, you may find a chest there, or something else entirely.

Enjoy
  99. Mar 8, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild is hands down the best game I've played in recent years. I'm a huge fan of LoZ and have deemed this as one of my favorites, rivaling my love for Wind Waker. If you like Zelda and love open worlds, this game is the one for you.

Universal acclaim - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]