8.6

1. Mar 4, 2017
    This is the Zelda game I've been waiting for Nintendo to make. This game is full of unique experiences and incredibly deep gameplay that stays fresh even after 60hrs. I'm still finding things that surprise me and new ways to interact with the world. I can't wait to see what Nintendo has up it's sleeve for next time around.
  2. Mar 4, 2017
    The praise is true, this game is pure genius. It plays like no other open world game. It really feels like a game of discovery. The visuals are breathtaking, the world is rich in content and gameplay wise it's typical Nintendo.
  3. Jul 7, 2020
    It's admittedly been a LONG time since I've owned a Nintendo home console, much less had a Nintendo game that enthralled me enough to worthy the purchase of a system. The last one I've owned was the Gamecube, but since then I've been wary of the Wii and Wii U. While both systems were fun and had some great games, neither really sold me (Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were veeery close).

On

On Friday, that all changed. I bought the Switch and Zelda together with the pro controller with very high expectations, and a slight fear of having buyer's remorse because I didn't want a shovelware system. But the first couple hours I sank into BotW, not only did my sense of dread dissipate and my expectations were met, the game itself left me in complete awe. People that have already seen the gameplay videos already know what to expect, and yet to actually experience it yourself is so thrilling. I lost sleep last night because I brought the Switch in its portable mode with me to bed (I thought it would annoy my wife, but she was just as fascinated with it as I was).

About 10 hours into the game and it still feels like I just dipped my toes into the massive ocean that is BotW. This is the mark of a truly great game: Hours pass by like minutes, and it still pulls you back in to discover what else is in store. It's going to be quite a while before I see myself moving on to another game.

Very few games deserve a top score, and with that said, even a 10/10 feels like it's just expected for a game of this caliber. (Note I do not believe 5/5 or 10/10 means a game is perfect, but it is indeed a masterpiece that was made in the pursuit of perfection.) Nintendo has proven once again they have mastered the craftsmanship of developing a fine game, one filled with so much wonder and imagination, and above all else, so much fun. I'm happy they've focused their efforts more into the elements of what made the Zelda series such a fantastic and memorable franchise and pushing it in the direction of open world fantasy adventure that we gamers have painfully wished for, instead of gimmicky trends (cough Skyward Sword cough).

If you consider yourself a gamer, gaming enthusiast, anything along the like, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece. To see and feel virtual art come to life. To experience the wonderment Nintendo developers have created for us. To disregard the game because of fanboyism or blind hate for Nintendo is to only deny yourself a fantastic product that was built specifically for you with tender love and care. In fact, looking at the 1/10 reviews from people that haven't even played the game is rather sad. It's like a child throwing a tantrum because their parents bought them a plate of gourmet restaurant macaroni and cheese, yet they'd rather have microwave cheesy mac.

I'm wasting too much time writing this review and need to get back on BotW. Hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I am!
  4. Mar 4, 2017
    SO 700+ negative scores from people who have supposedly played the game, mostly all posted on the games release date of 3rd March, for a game that takes 50-100 hours to complete.
    Now just for information on my review I have not yet completed the game, so my score might alter. But I have put in 30+ hours already and there is still a huge amount left to do. This game is that good that in only 3 days I have played 30+ hours worth.

The shrines start off easy, but soon become challenging. The puzzles grow in difficulty and the combat trials soon get hard. There are supposedly over 120 shrines to find during the game.
    Next the size of the world is daunting. It is absolutely huge. It starts off a little empty with only random enemies. As you venture into the game random large monsters appear, some very difficult to defeat. A single blow is enough to kill players with minimal hearts. As you explore further afield the game becomes littered with a greater number of monsters that simply want to kill you.
    The atmosphere and dynamic weather is phenomenal. If it rains, suddenly you can't climb the same slopes. Venture too far into the cold with the wrong clothes and you will quickly perish. But you can overcome some of these effects by cooking potions and learning recipes. This game has the same level of excellence as Ocarina of time. It starts off a little slow, but after completing the first 4 shrines soon takes off. My score of 10 is based on my enjoyment of the first 30 hours of play. I would disregard any 1st day reviews, whether positive or negative because this game is so huge that I do not believe any of these people could have truly played it unless they had early access.
  5. Mar 4, 2017
    not only is this the best game this year so far, this is one of the best games this decade. Game play is fun, nice loot system. Frame rate is rock solid on my switch. Highly recommend it!
  6. Mar 5, 2017
    Firstly, I'll start by addressing some complaints I've seen in negative reviews of this game:

"There are no dungeons." Yes there are. There are 4 dungeons, accompanied by a myriad of shrines. "It's too easy/hand-holdy." I'm sort of baffled by this one, and all I can say is that is that the people saying this must not have engaged in any exploration whatsoever. A lot of the

"There are no dungeons."
    Yes there are. There are 4 dungeons, accompanied by a myriad of shrines.

"It's too easy/hand-holdy."
    I'm sort of baffled by this one, and all I can say is that is that the people saying this must not have engaged in any exploration whatsoever. A lot of the main-quest and areas around towns, etc. contain relatively easy puzzles and fights, but if you take the time to leave the beaten trail, you'll probably come across a fair challenge pretty quickly. Reviewers who specifically mention hand-holdiness have clearly not played nearly enough of the game to piece together an educated review.

"The music sucks."
    A quick read through of comments in this vein shows that the actual meaning behind this criticism is that the music is different. Music plays a different role in this game than it does in previous titles. Here, it gives the game a bit of flavour and atmosphere rather than blasting the player with overt, repeating musical themes. It's fine to not like the music in this game, but it's useful to note that a thorough playthrough of this game will be far longer than the typical 20-40 hours of previous 3D Zelda titles. It's likely, given enough play time, that catchy, repetitive themes in the context of this game would end up being incredibly grating. As it is, there is a clear emphasis on the environments here and the use of music to simply enhance the mood set by the environmental sounds works extremely well (plus there are some really great musical moments where music is present).

"There's nothing to do."
    There are over 100 shrines to discover, a bunch of sidequests if you look in the right places, over 300 unique photos to take in-game, and a number of diverse and engaging areas to explore. I'll concede that if you don't enjoy exploration, this game isn't for you.

"It looks terrible."
    It doesn't have the best graphics on a technical level. It's low-res by modern standards, with some pop-in and frame drops, and it could do with a bit of anti-aliasing, but the game's art style stands out from its technical limitations, as was the case in The Wind Waker, and even Skyward Sword to some extent. The frame drops are a a fair complaint, however I haven't found this factor to have any effect on gameplay since they mainly occur in places with a lot of NPCs, which tend to be less timing-sensitive areas. They do occur in forested areas quite a lot, but this isn't an online FPS, and not every frame is critical in combat, to be brutally honest. It's a valid complaint, but I don't think it's a big enough issue to make this particular game less enjoyable by any significant measure.

That's pretty much every complaint I care to cover. Now for some reasons to like this game, rather than reasons to simply not hate it.

1. Combat/Gameplay
    The enemies in this game vary significantly in difficulty. Some are extremely easy to beat, and areas of the game that have high proportions of these enemies can begin to feel a bit too easy after a while, but what's interesting is that the combat never gets boring. The combat in this game requires a lot more strategy to deal with than in previous titles and keeps you on your feet since dodging becomes a really important aspect of swordplay. Coming off a 40 hour play-through of Twilight Princess HD, this a breath of fresh air to me as enemies have different attack styles that require adaptive strategies, unlike in Twilight Princess, and these strategies are often based around your fundamental moveset rather than gimmicky items and gameplay mechanics (I'm looking at you, Skyward Sword).
    Speaking of which, the basic controls are surprisingly deep for a game of this nature. Hours in, I was still learning new things about the controls. It could be argued that the game not teaching this to you from the outset is poor design, but in my experience, these elements are unnecessary for the progression of the game, and I'd argue that it's a plus that the early game doesn't get bogged down in tutorials or hint panels.

2. Shrines
    The shrines can be divided into two categories: Combat and puzzles. The puzzle shrines have a wonderful amount of diversity, though they are not all particularly challenging. As stated above, the more isolated or out of the way a shrine is, the more likely it is to pose a challenge. The combat shrines are pretty homogeneous, but a lot of them pose a really great challenge, taking the aforementioned combat mechanics to their limits. Some of these shrines feel like dedicated boss arenas, and it's a lot of fun to employ all the strategies you've accumulated up to these shrines in defeating their enemies.

3. There's a great sense of progression in this game, even without an experience or leveling system.

4. I have reached my character limit. The game is great.
  7. Mar 5, 2017
    Great game! Atleast half of the people who gave this game a negative score haven't played the game and are just upset that it got higher review scores then Horizon Zero Dawn! The people who are giving this game a 0 are just trolls
  8. Mar 5, 2017
    Wonderful treacherous landmarks, sophisticated puzzles, diverse enemies, collectible varieties treasures to stimulate your heart. I miss Satoru Iwata already.
  9. Mar 7, 2017
    Uno de los mejores Zeldas de todos los tiempos, infinidad de cosas que hacer y una historia genial. El mejor y mas interactivo mundo abierto que será una referencia a partir de ahora para muchos títulos
  10. Jun 30, 2017
    I'm not a fan of open world games and I was really scared that this could ruin the Zelda feeling. I'm glad to say that it didn't. The world it's so full of interesting stuff to do that you get easily distracted from the main quest just to satisfy your curiosity. It's true that the game is not perfect: there are occasional frame drops and the inventory and weapons management could beI'm not a fan of open world games and I was really scared that this could ruin the Zelda feeling. I'm glad to say that it didn't. The world it's so full of interesting stuff to do that you get easily distracted from the main quest just to satisfy your curiosity. It's true that the game is not perfect: there are occasional frame drops and the inventory and weapons management could be better, but overall the experience is so overwhelming that you forget everything else. It's a true masterpiece that gets inspiration from previous titles of the series and other open world AAA games in a perfect mix. Recommended Expand
  11. Mar 8, 2017
    The best game I have played in recent years. Addicting, rewarding, fun, creative, gigantic, audacious... This is a true masterpiece. The best Zelda I have ever played.
  12. Mar 8, 2017
    Largest open world I've ever enjoyed, I've heard people complaining about it being empty but honestly have they played it? I have not found this game lacking at all, I've been lost in this world for days now and i'm still finding things to explore. Yes the graphics aren't photo realistic but they are beautiful and except for when i'm looking at the water color clouds i'm fully immersed inLargest open world I've ever enjoyed, I've heard people complaining about it being empty but honestly have they played it? I have not found this game lacking at all, I've been lost in this world for days now and i'm still finding things to explore. Yes the graphics aren't photo realistic but they are beautiful and except for when i'm looking at the water color clouds i'm fully immersed in this game. The ubiquitous shrines more than make up for the limited dungeons and the Sheika Slate is way better than limited bombs and having to unlock items before you can reach said area like in OOT. If anyone thinks this game is lacking they must be ignoring a lot of what it has to offer. Expand
  13. Mar 14, 2017
    Legend of Zelda BoTW what is there to say about this game that hasn't already been said. Its a huge open world adventure game that puts you in the shoes of the hero of hyrule yet again.

Pros: Open world Lots to explore with the shrines and side quest Voice acting Hours and hours of content. Cons: This may be me but if feels as if it spikes in difficulty to fast Weapon durability

Pros: Open world
    Lots to explore with the shrines and side quest
    Voice acting
    Hours and hours of content.

Cons: This may be me but if feels as if it spikes in difficulty to fast
    Weapon durability is way to small this is a big sticking point for me
    Finally Dungeons there are only a hand full and they are short I guess you
    could say that it was balanced out with the shrines but they could of used a
    little more for the big dungeons.

Thoughts: Should you play this game? Yes I recomend this game whole heartedly. It is a good game just has a few design choices that make it feel more like scavenging game than an adventure game.
  14. Mar 16, 2017
    I have super, super mixed feelings about this game. To provide some context, I have grown up playing games from Japanese RPG series, and I only play JRPG's mostly because I know I'll enjoy them, and there's too many games in the world to try with too little time, so I limit my choices to games I know I'll love - games from the Legend of Zelda series being one of them. I am also prettyI have super, super mixed feelings about this game. To provide some context, I have grown up playing games from Japanese RPG series, and I only play JRPG's mostly because I know I'll enjoy them, and there's too many games in the world to try with too little time, so I limit my choices to games I know I'll love - games from the Legend of Zelda series being one of them. I am also pretty flexible with the games I like, the FF series has changed their gameplay style almost every game, and besides the online games, I've played and enjoyed all of them. So, I have played a mix of open-world and linear games, and tend to prefer something in the middle.

Before I delved into BOTW, I decided to play and beat Wind Waker HD to get myself reacquainted with the Zelda series before this game, because the last time I played a Zelda game was Skyward Sword in 2011, which I loved. And I loved Wind Waker as well. I knew this game would be a bit different with an open-world concept, though I have played similar open-world ish JRPGs before, so wasn't too worried. Though, almost 20 hours put into the game, I did not feel the same level of engagement that I immediately felt with Wind Waker just a couple of weeks before, and I decided to pause playing it.

The story is not as engaging as previous titles. While the previous games pulled me in right away, I felt like I was trying to hurriedly get through the first four shrines in the beginning of the game just so I could get to what was happening. And this is the main issue I have with this game. As someone who appreciates a good story and character development in a game, the benefit of exploring a vast, virtual world in order to do so, is not appealing. I also enjoy doing side quests in JRPG's, and try to do all of them. But the side quests in here hinder me from progressing to the main story, and reap rewards that aren't very helpful. I also tend to hoard items and weapons whenever I play, and the fact that weapons and shields have to be thrown away or broken at some time, really bothers me.

I love the graphics and the character design, the world is quite beautiful. I liked how the runes are incorporated and can be used pretty flexibly (though would lead me to mostly try to use bombs to kill enemies because I didn't want a sword to break or arrows to run out -_-). The method of taming horses is cool too. For me, the fun kinda stops there though. I play games to destress from the difficulties of the world, and just kick back and play through a good story, and on the contrary this game stresses me out. @_@ A virtual world can be too vast for some people, perhaps.

I think I will try to beat this game at some point, but the excitement that I usually feel for a Legend of Zelda game isn't there. I could just be becoming a dated gamer (hopefully not, in my mid 20s here), but I miss the intricate dungeons, the different tools (hookshot, boomerang, etc), and most especially the engaging story and lovable characters. I think this game is more appealing to those who play Western RPGs more, though I hope the next title in the Zelda series tries to attempt a more universal appeal and mixes both linear and open world storytelling (maybe something like Xenoblade). If not, I think I will keep to re-playing the older games, which is fine with me, and stick with new games from JRPG series that release games that creatively build on their previous games without needed to transform it completely.

I'm glad most people are happy with this game and perhaps are even getting introduced to the Zelda series for the first time (because it's an awesome series!! Go to the LoZ concerts!!). Though for me, this is just an okay game outfitted with the Zelda name (did not mean to make that rhyme, but it came out well). There is not much really besides the names of the characters and typical Zelda items (master sword, boomerang) that make the connection with the rest of the series, and if these characteristics are swapped out, no one would know this is part of a series, and that's really disappointing to me. For now, I'll put it down and use my destressing time to play the recently new entry of another JRPG series that I am enjoying, and get back to this one later.

Overall, if you are like me and like JRPG games that put a lot of emphasis on storytelling and character development and have fun gameplay, this may not be your cup of tea. Though if you love open world games and exploring virtual areas with little direction to go through the story your own way, and don't mind doing tasks in video games w/o incentives, then you will most likely enjoy this game.

Whichever type of gamer you are, how well you enjoy a game is ultimately up to you, and don't let others push you down for what your opinion is, whether you love this or any game or don't (my wise words after reading forum discussions that are virtual war zones w/ words).
  15. Mar 6, 2017
    I played about 48 hours and I love it, I'm looking forward to playing. I don't understand those who enter to score with 0 the game the same day of release, they haven't been able to play for real, those people wouldn't give a zero to a really bad game, their opinions are full of hatred clearly.
  16. Mar 6, 2017
    I've been playing games for the last 24 years (Since i was 4), and this is the game i have always dreamed of.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is the first true open world game in the series, and it sets a benchmark not only for upcoming Zelda games, but all open world games in general. The amount of wonder this version of Hyrule (the name of the land) brings is otustanding. There's never a dull moment while traversing the landscape, and the amount of sigths is incredible huge: from pretty vallleys filled with flowers and greens, to hellish volcanoes, perilous deserts and freezing mountains: it's all there, and everything blends perfectly.

Gameplay wise, if you're a veteran 3D Zelda player, you'll have to unlearn everything you've learned over the last 2 decades, this entry mixes up things a little: no longer does Link auto-jump gaps, there's a dedicated button for that. Your weapons break, you have to change them at the middle of the battle or procuring new ones either in the battlefield, looting them from enemies or finding them on the wild. Is sorta like a mixture of Dark Souls and every other eastern action RPG.

Storywise, Zelda has never been this epic in scale and dramatic yet heroic on execution, and the game last however long you want it to last: the story has good pacing, interesting characters and a very (very) satisfying ending.

Graphics are incredible, though with some little problems here and there (bad anti-liasing and some frame rate drops, but nothing too serious, (no really, they happen veyr rarely), but the artistic style is pure bliss: the amount of color and life put into this open world is outstanding, and it makes every other open world out there (except maybe, Dragon Age Inquisition) look dull and boring in comparison.

There's not a single thing i can complain about on this game that hinders the overall quality and awesomeness Nintendo has brought to this franchise. Nintendo has looked over every other open world game out there and surely thought for itself "i can do the same, but better". Experienced players will surely identify things that other games did before this (Assassin's Creed, The Witcher 3, The Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls), but Breath of the Wilde took those elements and made something special out of it: like a recipe for perfection). At the end of the day, BoTW may not be the biggest open world out there, neither the most dense with side activities: but it is, beyond any doubt, the most fun open world game i've ever played.

Breath of the Wild has become the best game i have ever played, and in a world where i also played the everlasting awesome games like Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls, God of War III, Bloodborne and The Elder Scrolls, that's one hell of an accomplishment.
  17. Mar 6, 2017
    It has been a long time since I've been this absorbed in a game and I've been a gamer for 37 years now! The story is griping, the adventure is enthralling, the action is frantic. Between exploring the breathtaking world of Hyrule to fighting epic bosses and meeting unique characters, BotW is a game that will be remembered as a timeless classic and deserves it's spot on the top of theIt has been a long time since I've been this absorbed in a game and I've been a gamer for 37 years now! The story is griping, the adventure is enthralling, the action is frantic. Between exploring the breathtaking world of Hyrule to fighting epic bosses and meeting unique characters, BotW is a game that will be remembered as a timeless classic and deserves it's spot on the top of the list with other classic Zelda games.

Amazing.
  18. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is remarkable.

i myself have never played open worlds before, and found even Ocarina 3D to be a bit easy to get lost in and overwhelming. Yet this game has been sucking me in again and again, like a vortex. There is just so much to do, and even when you aren't doing something the game is just amazing to look at. The most minor of tidbits just amazes me to no end. I mean
    This game is remarkable.

I mean Ostriches. The game has ostriches. I wasn't expecting that, and they really don't do anything, yet in doing so it just gives the game so much flavor.

Between this game and the innovation Sun and Moon had I cannot wait to see what Mario has in store. Hopefully less troll reviews.
  19. Mar 6, 2017
    It is the main element of the open world that the player decides subjectively the purpose of play. I feel strongly by playing the legend of Zelda. It is important to save Hyrule, but now my purpose has changed to adventure all over Hyrule.

I do not like the design of open world games that chase a lot of icons. Of course, the legend of Zelda also has an icon indicating the destination. But that's not enough to disturb adventure and make you feel like working.

This is exactly adventure.

Go up a mountain, find a shrine, and glide in a different place. Go to the unexplored place, meet occasionally Kolog. The enemies in the road are very stronger than the previous series. I devise how to fight and make it through.

I was truly impressed that the sound environment matches time and space. The ascending air current by the flame and the physical calculation are wonderful, but it is a spice for directing the world of Breath of the Wild. Of course, rising air current can be used for para-sailing, wow.

It is pleasant to fly in the sky in a world that is still too vast. It is fun to climb up a vertically elevated cliff. I think whether this enjoyment can not be tasted by moving only on the ground.

I'd like all elder brothers who touched various open world titles to play Breath of the Wild.
  20. Mar 6, 2017
    Increíble juego, desde los primeros minutos no lo dejas de jugar, no soy fanboy ni nada por el estilo, puedo decir que dispongo de todos las consolas de mesa así como las portátiles y en lo que se refiere este es el título se ha convertido en el de mis favoritos, y viendo la calificación general, aun hay gente que desfavoralizan un juego que realmente merece la pena y que son gente muy muyIncreíble juego, desde los primeros minutos no lo dejas de jugar, no soy fanboy ni nada por el estilo, puedo decir que dispongo de todos las consolas de mesa así como las portátiles y en lo que se refiere este es el título se ha convertido en el de mis favoritos, y viendo la calificación general, aun hay gente que desfavoralizan un juego que realmente merece la pena y que son gente muy muy cerrada, porque a mi parecer este juego es grandioso en muchos aspectos., hace mucho tiempo que esperaba un juego de esta magnitud, Masterpiece. Expand
  21. Mar 6, 2017
    this game reinvents the past zelda conventionts, used since ocarina of time, and returns to its roots, with a vast world for you to explore and interact with, giving you the freedom that you have always wanted

it may have small frame rate issues, but dont let that deter you from playing this wonderfull game.
  22. Mar 24, 2017
    Zelda Breath of the Wild es un grandísimos videojuego que sin tener los gráficos de la actual generación es realmente bello. Cuando estamos en la cima de una montaña o en una torre y nos lanzamos con la paravela nos damos cuenta que estamos ante un espectáculo visual. Y si coincide con un amanecer dejaremos la misión o lo que quiera que estemos haciendo para observarlo.

Es un juego que

Es un juego que te atrapa, donde estaremos horas y horas que se pasarán en un suspiro. Podrás jugar seis horas seguidas sin darte cuenta, sin apenas avanzar en la historia principal o haciendo apenas un puñado de misiones secundarias o superando santuarios. Más de 105 horas tengo a mis espaldas tras habérmelo pasado.

Los detalles según lo que hagamos, las físicas, son sin duda una lección magistral para otras desarrolladoras. Ver la hierba moverse según sopla el viento, como ésta va cediendo a nuestros pasos, cómo podemos cortarla cuando está alta y pueden aparecer animales que hacia un rato se había escondido a nuestro paso, cómo nos cuesta escalar cuando llueve (todo cuanto veamos es escalable, según la resistencia que tengamos), cómo podemos quedar achicharrados si en una tormenta de rayos vamos equipados con nuestro escudo/espada, el movimiento del agua cuando estamos en ella, poder cortar árboles al golpearlo ver cómo se deslizan si hay pendiente, la IA de los enemigos al eliminar o devolverte las bombas que les lanzas, ,... Alguno le parecerá una tontería pero no muchos juegos atienden a estos "detalles".

No hay mucha gente con la que charlar salvo en postas y aldeas y los que nos encontremos en el camino nos podrán dar pistas de tesoros o lugares que hasta ese momento no hayamos tenido noticia o puede que se conviertan en enemigos. En las aldeas, lógicamente, no hay muchos edificios pero en todos ellos podremos cotillear, sin excepción. Lo cual deja a otros mundos abiertos como una decoración de cartón piedra.

A continuación les paso mis puntos negativos:

- Poca profundidad en la historia y escasas misiones principales. Eso sí, las cinemáticas son muy bonitas y bien hechas.

- Quitando postas y aldeas, poca vida (humana). La interacción con estos poco profunda.

- Misiones secundarias decepcionante. El héroe de Hyrule reducido a recadero: tráeme X gemás luminosas, X setas raudas, etc. o busca a menganito que no sabemos dónde está. Ni rastro de misiones secundarias tan buenas y con tanta enjundia como una principal, que vimos en juegos como The Witcher 3.

- Sistema de combate ortopédico (hasta que con el paso de las horas vamos puliendo, pero es malo). Venir de jugar Nioh y encontrarte con esto.. cierto, no son géneros comparables, pero deja mucho que desear la simplificación del combate.

- Dificultad del juego. Nula. Nula para jefes finales de las bestias divinas y Ganon. Si no estás pendiente de la vida, si no tienes flechas ancestrales o no cuentas con la espada maestra, puede que te cueste. Si tienes todo eso, prácticamente a la primera los vencerás. En cambio, los guardianes pero especialmente los centaleones son muy complicados. Lo curioso es que son enemigos opcionales. No tiene lógica.

- Algunos tirones en modo TV, no molestos, pero siendo exclusivo es imperdonable. También el último día me hizo una cosa extraña en modo portatil, auqnue aquí el juego es estable y se ve de lujo. En modo TV jugando con el mando pro gana muchísimo.

- Esto es más subjetivo: tras 105 horas y con estos puntos negativos, no entiendo tanto maldito 10 de la prensa. Maletines?

Para mi estas contras le hacen bajar mucho y por eso le pondría un 7,5.
  23. Apr 11, 2017
    This is an enormous game that functions well as a casual handheld experience. Pick it up whenever and kill a few hours running around its theme park mmo style world. Solve a few shrine puzzles, clear out some monster encapments, finish a quest, see what's on the other side of that mountain etc. It's your run of the mill RPG experience, but with stunning draw distances that let you seeThis is an enormous game that functions well as a casual handheld experience. Pick it up whenever and kill a few hours running around its theme park mmo style world. Solve a few shrine puzzles, clear out some monster encapments, finish a quest, see what's on the other side of that mountain etc. It's your run of the mill RPG experience, but with stunning draw distances that let you see clear across the gargantuan map, and somewhat novel climbing and paragliding mechanics that help you get around.

It's easy to be blindsided by the scale of the game, but after spending a few dozen hours grinding through it, I'm finding myself a little baffled by the perfect scores. The essentials here are weak, from the dark-souls-for-children combat mechancis, the ability to heal yourself whenever in the middle of combat with essentially limitless potions, puzzles that telegraph their solutions so blatantly you don't feel much reward in completing them, and maybe worst of all, an awkward, gaping void where a story ought to be.

There's fun to be had for sure, especially when you find some novel way to play in Breath of the Wild's coherent but gimmicky physicsy sandbox, it's just that little charming quirks don't add up to a deep gaming experience. The expertly polished, pitch-perfect game design i've come to expect from the series appears to have peaked with Twilight Princess. I'm genuinely happy Nintendo is flexing their engineerig muscle and taking some big risks with a change to the formula, but I hope they make a smaller, more concentrated map next time and fix this game's clunky controls and shallow components.
  24. May 23, 2017
    You are basically travelling, visiting, cooking and helping people for hours and hours because fighting break your beloved weapons, story is not that immersive, shrine and korok seeds grinding is repetitive and main quests too less to make it a great game.
    I hope upcoming DLC will breathe some more life into it.
  25. Jul 29, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is not a Zelda game anymore. They've changed so much and made things worse.
    It could have easily be a real 10/10, if they just had sticked to the original Zelda formula.
  26. Jul 17, 2017
    I must admit I've never been a massive Zelda fan over the years - I've enjoyed some of the games but it's not a series I've been mad for. However, with the hype surrounding this latest installment, I thought it's time to dust out the Wii and have a go! After playing through it, here's my thoughts from a neutral standpoint!

The Good Given the Wii U or Switch can't compete with PC or

The Good

Given the Wii U or Switch can't compete with PC or other consoles from a hardware point of view, Nintendo have done very well to create a distinctive style for this game, and I think it works very well. Sunrises and sunsets are pretty, character models are well designed and the landscape is nice and varied. It's a cartoony style that I think works very well.

Combat, although basic, is grand. There's a variety of melee, ranged and magical weapons available and encounters with groups of enemies or strongholds include a degree of strategy or planning required. There are some annoyances though, which I'll mention later.

The inclusion of shrines was a sore point for many but I enjoyed looking for them and completing them, especially as each shrine gave you a token to use toward increasing your heart containers or stamina. Some are very short and simplistic but the majority of them are well thought out.

The Bad

The open world, although well designed and very pretty, can be a bit barren at times. There are very few major settlements throughout the map, aside from a handful of villages and stables to rest. I found myself spending too much time running across landscapes looking for something of interest, only to find very little.

Combat, although quite good, does have it's issues. Firstly, the lack of variety in enemies means it can get repetitive very quickly. Secondly weapon degradation is an issue. Many have pointed out this to be a minor annoyance, however I disagree. There's nothing worse than finding a great weapon only not to use because you don't want it to be destroyed after 3 hits. It takes away from the enjoyment of finding weapons. Also, during battles it's incredibly frustrating to have a weapon break and have to pause the game mid-battle to change it. It certainly helps break the immersion of the game.

Story is something that is an issue for many open world games (The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption being exceptions), and BOTW is no exception. There's a story in there somewhere, but it's very bare bones, and the open world format takes away any urgency of the main quest - "Please Link, you must get to Castle Hyrule as soon as you can and help Princess Zelda!" "Sure, but after I find 300 Korok seeds and all 120 shrines, then we'll think about it".

Overall, BOTW is a very good game, and is worth playing if you have a Wii U or Switch (well if you have a Switch, you've already bought it!). However, it's not the best open world game out there, and i fear that the very high scores are a lot to do with the fact that it has "The Legend of Zelda" tacked on to it. There are definitely much better open world games out there (Witcher 3, Skyrim, Horizon ZD, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V) but again, it's faults aside, it is worth playing and is an enjoyable game.
  27. Jul 14, 2017
    I don't understand all the 10/10 reviews. I finished this game today. It was disappointing from the start. I've played and enjoyed Ocarina of Time, Link to the past, Majora's mask, and many other legend of Zelda games, so I have some experience of the series.
    The music is dull, the graphics are nice but ultimately do not make up for the sparse storytelling, the uninspired game-play and the scaling of difficulty. Worst of all, this game does not live up to the previous series in terms of solving the dungeon puzzles. I didn't enjoy unlocking shrines.
    The first few hours are excruciating. It can take up to 10 hours for the game to pick-up and then the reward is minimal. After climbing this starting requirement, the game is actually too easy and the final boss was pitiful.
    Everyone praises the huge open world but most of is empty. They have taken an ordinary Zelda game and stretched it out. In fact, this is an apt metaphor for this game. The game may be longer, bigger and so forth - but this isn't matched with story elements, interesting characters, or enjoyable game-play - this game lacks depth. Every Zelda game but this one has hooked me from the start by making me care about the characters, having strong story elements, and rewarding puzzles (i.e. getting a cool new item as you complete a dungeon). Finally, the game lacks many of the enjoyable quirks that characterise the Zelda series.
    I look forward to these things being rectified in Breath of the Wild 2.
  28. Mar 8, 2017
    I have not done many reviews, but this one deserves it. This game is a masterpiece. I finish all the main quests this weekend and now I'm going for the 100% until Mario Kart comes out. Although it has changed a lot from other Zelda titles, it is still a Zelda, and one of the best. I sure miss some stuff like old dungeons and the old way items were introduced to us, but you realize thisI have not done many reviews, but this one deserves it. This game is a masterpiece. I finish all the main quests this weekend and now I'm going for the 100% until Mario Kart comes out. Although it has changed a lot from other Zelda titles, it is still a Zelda, and one of the best. I sure miss some stuff like old dungeons and the old way items were introduced to us, but you realize this are small details after you play for a while, and you realize you don't need that to have a great experience. It is for me the SECOND BEST ZELDA GAME so far. Expand
  29. Mar 17, 2017
    I have never written a user review, but feel compelled. I have been playing games since the Eighties when I first played Space Invaders, Tetris, Super Mario Bros, etc. I have played most of the Zeldas to completion. Because I've been playing games since the glory days of Sega vs Nintendo I have a soft spot in my heart for Nintendo games specifically, but I also play other games, COD,I have never written a user review, but feel compelled. I have been playing games since the Eighties when I first played Space Invaders, Tetris, Super Mario Bros, etc. I have played most of the Zeldas to completion. Because I've been playing games since the glory days of Sega vs Nintendo I have a soft spot in my heart for Nintendo games specifically, but I also play other games, COD, Portal, Assassins Creed, GTA, Minecraft, etc. I also play tons of indie games because I think small-time dreamers making games in their basement deserve to have their games played, they are often of incredibly high quality considering what scarce resources they are made with. I've played a lot of games. I do not think it is unreasonable to make a statement such as "Breath of the Wild is the best game I've ever played". I would not be alone if I did. Many people have made statements such as this, and not just user reviewers, critics. It is telling to observe that actual critics have rated this game much higher than users. When this is the case, you can tell something is much better than users are saying it is. Many of the user reviewers admit in their review to not having even played the game. I would posit that, generally, critics are better equipped to assess the quality of a game than caustic, sweaty palmed children who spend all their time swearing at people over their X-box live account, while racking up head-shots. Most critics are fairly impartial and will try to give a fair, objective review. It is telling that of the nearly 100 critic reviews perhaps only 3 or 4 score it less than a 90, the vast majority are perfect 10s. The lowest scores are around 70. Three outliers scored it near that area. To score a game of this scope, this grandeur, a game with this much charm a mediocre score just seems like their may be axes to grind there.

Play this game. If it's the last thing you do!
  30. Mar 21, 2017
    Excelent game.
    One of the best gaming experiences of my life. This game is amazing. It's beautiful and It's so fun I just could not put it down. I love going around and exploring and doing the side quests.
  31. Mar 21, 2017
    One of the best games i have ever played if not the absolute best, best open world game ever made. if you like zelda you will love this game, if you like open world games you will love this game. deserves every bit of praise it has ever gotten and does not deserve a single negative at all.
  32. Mar 22, 2017
    I read the negative review and most complain about everything that makes this game great. Usually open world games lose my interest after I've played about halfway through. I can't wait to get back to this game every time I stop playing it. The world just beg to be explored, I'm interested in hearing what every NPC has to say, and I want to collect every damn thing. Similar games haveI read the negative review and most complain about everything that makes this game great. Usually open world games lose my interest after I've played about halfway through. I can't wait to get back to this game every time I stop playing it. The world just beg to be explored, I'm interested in hearing what every NPC has to say, and I want to collect every damn thing. Similar games have never inspired this type of commitment to gaming for me. Can't say enough good things about it. Expand
  33. Mar 22, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game ever !! Better than gta v , the last of us , overwatch , uncharted and all mario games .

Play The Legend Of Zelda : Breath Of The Wild Now !!
  34. Mar 22, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gotta admit after playing Skyward Sword and absolutely hating it I found I really enjoyed this Zelda game, the Open World is breathtaking, The Map is Massive so getting lost is easy, combat is really simple although the weapons exploding quickly bugged me, as of writing this review I'm just half-way through the game, some of the Shrines are challenging especially the ones where you have to move the controller around.

I absolutely love all the easter eggs towards past Zelda titles like the very first game in the series when you find an old man who bears great resemblance to the Old Guy who gives you the Wooden Sword in the first game and later on you find the Master Sword is in The Lost Woods just like in A Link To The Past.

The Voice Acting could be better especially Princess Zelda's voice I didn't know she was British lol but that's just a tiny detail I turned a blind eye to. Graphics are amazing and I don't generally judge a game based on its graphics as I believe in gameplay more than graphics but its beautiful. The Game does have slight lag issues but as said there just slight and you hardly notice them if you aren't very observant.

all in all I think this is one of the best Zelda Games of all time right behind Ocarina of Time I think it deserves a nod for Game of the Year and It definitely deserves all the 10s It got from reviewers and I don't normally agree with reviewers especially IGN they lost all credibility when they gave Street Fighter V a 8 out of 10
  35. Mar 24, 2017
    This game single handedly brought me back to gaming.

It's a must play for anyone, but especially for those of the n64 era who may have gotten caught up with "life" and forgotten that magical feeling only the best games can bring.
  36. Apr 26, 2017
    This game is beautiful, and despite minor frame drops at times, fails to not give a stunning experience every time it's played. This is my first Zelda game, and it is worth it.
  37. Apr 29, 2017
    Nearly endless amount of things to do, by far best game in series. Game mechanics make it very flexible to do whatever you wish and there is tons of areas to do such in.
  38. May 27, 2017
    I already did a review for the Wii U version of this game, and had to give it only 7 points because of the horrible framerates the Wii U version has. I know got a Switch, and of course, bought Zelda BotW, again.

As my biggest gripe with the Wii U version was, in fact, the framerate, BotW feels like a different game on the Switch, running in stable 30 fps mobile and docked (stable fps for the docked version since update 1.1.1). Still, no full points because, in my opinion, the Soundtrack is way too simplistic and I still really, really, really don't like the breakable weapons mechanic.

If you really want to enjoy this amazing game, I'd really recommend to get a Switch and the Switch version of the game.
  39. Jun 1, 2017
    Hands down best game I've played since Street Fighter 2.
    The atmosphere is mesmerizing, it kinda makes you believe that things happening inside the game, can actually be real.
    1) take your Nintendo Switch
    2) launch Zelda
    3) enjoy your time.
    Masterpiece, enough said.
  40. Jun 1, 2017
    What an adventure. This game really takes all the ideas of the original Zelda and completely changes the Zelda formula in a good way. Open world, amazing new ideas, and totally revolutionizing. Everything you do in this game seems to have some sort of reward, and the way everything was structured was so well done. I like how the game holds your hand a tiny bit in the first area, then onceWhat an adventure. This game really takes all the ideas of the original Zelda and completely changes the Zelda formula in a good way. Open world, amazing new ideas, and totally revolutionizing. Everything you do in this game seems to have some sort of reward, and the way everything was structured was so well done. I like how the game holds your hand a tiny bit in the first area, then once you're done with the first area let's you go completely free. After finishing the epic ending, I would have to say that this is one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  41. Jun 2, 2017
    An amazing game. I've put more time into this game than any previous Zelda game. While it may have eschewed some series 'traditions', it's a better game overall for it. There are a few things I would change, but with the sheer amount of hours of enjoyment this game has given me.. it's one of the best games i've ever played.
  42. Jun 3, 2017
    This game is absolutely stunning. If you want to buy a switch only for the masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild, then you would not regret it at all. I am a long time Zelda fan and have played every single game in the series except for Windwaker, and have found this game to be my second favourite (next to Ocarina of time, of course). Everything about this game is perfect, from itsThis game is absolutely stunning. If you want to buy a switch only for the masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild, then you would not regret it at all. I am a long time Zelda fan and have played every single game in the series except for Windwaker, and have found this game to be my second favourite (next to Ocarina of time, of course). Everything about this game is perfect, from its soundtrack to the endless amount of things to do. Expand
  43. Jun 4, 2017
    When you first start up the game, you are greeted with a small introduction of the controls where Link is lead to a cliff where he looks over the breathtaking world of BoTW. On the Great Plateau alone, you can do so much on such a little portion of the map. When you finally get the para-glider, it feels amazing just to fly off of the Great Plateau into the truly gigantic of world of BoTW.When you first start up the game, you are greeted with a small introduction of the controls where Link is lead to a cliff where he looks over the breathtaking world of BoTW. On the Great Plateau alone, you can do so much on such a little portion of the map. When you finally get the para-glider, it feels amazing just to fly off of the Great Plateau into the truly gigantic of world of BoTW. If you wish, you could head straight to the final boss fight where you will almost definitely or head South to the Gerudo Desert or venture to Eventide Island, or get all the Korok seeds, or do all the shrines, or take down all the divine beasts, or chuck a Cucco into Death Mountain, the possibilities are endless. There are some negatives such as the frame drops, frame stutters, crashing and lower resolution, but those are things I'm willing to trade for the amount of content and surprises this game offers. The combat works well, the characters feel as though as they have their own personalities like two villagers having a conversation and are rude to you if they try to talk to you, or kids running around playing while an older villager spends their time resting and gardening, it truly is immersive. The amount of customisability this game offers can fall short at times, but being able to make your armour 15 different colours is amazing. I see that quite a few people think that the game is bad and all positive reviews are bots or paid reviews, but this is truly a masterpiece and deserves all the praise this game is getting. Perfect. Expand
  44. Jul 7, 2017
    This is truly, one of the best games I have ever played. It was a blast from beginning to end. It would take forever to read this review which is why I am splitting this in to sections. SECTION 1 Story: Breath of the wilds story isn’t the greatest, but the way you encounter it makes it unique. There is an obvious beginningThis is truly, one of the best games I have ever played. It was a blast from beginning to end. It would take forever to read this review which is why I am splitting this in to sections. SECTION 1 Story: Breath of the wilds story isn’t the greatest, but the way you encounter it makes it unique. There is an obvious beginning and end, but everything between that you haft to find. What I mean is LINK has lost his memories so if you want you can go ahead and find them all but this is optional. That is what makes the story so great. The fact that it is OPTIONELL. SECTION 2 dungeons: All though botw dungeons are similar looking they all have some really good puzzles. But they are not as great as others in the franchise but still really good. SECTION 3 BOSSES: this is the one thing I am disappointed about in botw. The bosses all look the same and are WAY too easy. Their AI was good but the bosses would have been much better and memorable if they were more difficult and had different designs’ did like ganons design but then again he was too easy to defeat. SECTION4 Exploration: Exploration in botw is extremely rewarding. There are countless things to collect and so many awesome places to find. Every time I thought "are there any new cool places left in this game „I found another awesome place. OH and there are 120 shrines to find... SECTION 5 Shrines: Shrines are very rewarding to find. They often times have great puzzles. But there are some Filler shrines and those are combat shrines. They are very lazy since there are plenty of enemies to kill in the vast world of hyrule. But for the reason that they are all so rewarding to find I loved all shrines SECTION 6 gameplay: The best gameplay in a videogame. You can literally go anywhere you want. You see that mountain over there? WELL NOT ONLY CAN YOU GO TO IT BUT YOU CAN ALSO CLIMB IT. You can climb on pretty much any surface and it is great. You also can friking surf on a shield. And you have countless attack abilities which brings me to SECTION 7 Combat: Combat in botw is great. You have so so so much variety on how to kill an enemy I FRIKKEN LOVED IT. SECTION 8 Enemies: extremely smart AI and a good amount of difficulty. I thought some of the mini bosses were much better than the bosses. Lynels were 10000 times harder than any of the actual bosses. So overall the enemies were great and I had so so much fun fighting them. SECTION 9 MUSIK: even though botw musk isn’t as memorable as in other Zelda’s a lot of the music is outright amazing. If I could I would give this game a 98 out of a 100.This and super Mario galaxy 1 and 2 are my favorite games of all time. And if you think this Game is overrated and haven’t played it you are missing out on one of if not the greatest Game of all time. Expand
  45. Jun 7, 2017
    This is an amazing game. Surely it isn't perfect, but you can't give it less than 9/10, especially if you tried the game; only haters do that. It isn't the best looking game ever, but it is still awesome.
  46. Jun 7, 2017
    Never in my life have I ever written a review about anything, not even yelp. But, if I could describe this entire game in just one word.

Sensational.
  47. Jun 10, 2017
    The long awaited installment to the Zelda franchise is one of the best game in recent memory. Nintendo has done it again, reinventing a 'typical modern' genre, this time the 'Open World' adventures popularized by Skyrim, and retooling it to suit its biggest franchise yet. The end result is a mesmerizing and immersive experience that is unparalled. This coupled with the new NintendoThe long awaited installment to the Zelda franchise is one of the best game in recent memory. Nintendo has done it again, reinventing a 'typical modern' genre, this time the 'Open World' adventures popularized by Skyrim, and retooling it to suit its biggest franchise yet. The end result is a mesmerizing and immersive experience that is unparalled. This coupled with the new Nintendo Switch allows players to literally play this game non stop, taking it everywhere you go. As an (slightly) older gamer myself, time and place is one of the few impediments to enjoy a AAA experience. You just can't sit down in front of the TV all the time. The Nintendo Switch blurs this, and Zelda is rightfully the 'killer app' that allows you to do that. Without the baggage of being a launch game for a new hardware, BOTW is simply stunning in its ability to create a truly continuous and interactive world. Every surface, every mountain can be climbed. Did you see those scenery way beyond the horizon? Yup, you can go there to. Do you want to kill the threatening Guardian, a mini boss, with just a shovel or even with a chicken? Yes, you can do that as well. It's this free form gameplay that spawns hundreds of Youtube videos. When the end credit rolls, you'll discover that there are many things to do and collect, that you will literally keep on playing. It's clearly a testament to this game and a highly recommended purchase. Nintendo..welcome back. Expand
  48. Jun 11, 2017
    I've been a Zelda fan since I was 5 years old, I am now 24. There has not been a single game since I played Ocarina of Time (i played it a ridiculous amount) that has brought me the same sense of enjoyment as this. Final Fantasy 7 and Skyrim came close. This is the first Zelda game, or any game in fact that I may say possibly surpasses Ocarina of Time. It is unbelievably good and you haveI've been a Zelda fan since I was 5 years old, I am now 24. There has not been a single game since I played Ocarina of Time (i played it a ridiculous amount) that has brought me the same sense of enjoyment as this. Final Fantasy 7 and Skyrim came close. This is the first Zelda game, or any game in fact that I may say possibly surpasses Ocarina of Time. It is unbelievably good and you have to play it. Expand
  49. Jun 13, 2017
    This game is BREATHTAKING! I was recently playing Majoras mask before this and when I started out I was expecting it to be like any other Zelda game, boy was I wrong. You start out in the Great Plateau and right when you walk out of the starting area you look off of the peak and you see the ENTIRE WORLD! It was so huge! The bosses in this game to get very repetitive though because they areThis game is BREATHTAKING! I was recently playing Majoras mask before this and when I started out I was expecting it to be like any other Zelda game, boy was I wrong. You start out in the Great Plateau and right when you walk out of the starting area you look off of the peak and you see the ENTIRE WORLD! It was so huge! The bosses in this game to get very repetitive though because they are just different variations of Ganon, but the game is still amazing and I highly recommend it, but the weapon breaking can be a bit bad, but it all makes up for it with the amazing gameplay and game design. 9.5 out of 10. Expand
  50. Jun 14, 2017
    For me this game is a SOLID 10/10. Not my favourite Zelda game tho. The open world is fantastic, really well made. It's a masterpiece in all ways: The combat system with parrys, strong charged attacks, weapon durability, jumping attacks,etc. The sound of the game is brilliant with that tiny piano notes, the village OSTs, the hyrule castle theme... And Kass... That bird is my favouriteFor me this game is a SOLID 10/10. Not my favourite Zelda game tho. The open world is fantastic, really well made. It's a masterpiece in all ways: The combat system with parrys, strong charged attacks, weapon durability, jumping attacks,etc. The sound of the game is brilliant with that tiny piano notes, the village OSTs, the hyrule castle theme... And Kass... That bird is my favourite character of the game. His accordion music is INCREDIBLE. I'm always searching for him to stop, chill and listen to his music. And the best part of it is when you complete his missions ( or his questline ) you can hear the hidden final theme that reminds all the players that this game is a The Legend Of Zelda. Also the graphics are amazing. I'm always looking for some extension of grass at high noon to take a screenshot. And talking about screenshots in 50 hours I made 1,000 screenshots. This game is so beautiful. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that for me, like The Witcher 3 is a bit boring to replay. Must own game if you have a switch. Seriously. Don't buy a switch without this masterpiece. Expand
  51. Jun 18, 2017
    This game is absolutely breathtaking in its visual design, and the ability to explore the world of Hyrule at your own pace and in your own manner is a wonderful addition to the Zelda franchise. Being able to experiment with different ways to approach the same obstacle is another great feature of this game. If I had to name one thing that disappointed me about this game, it would probablyThis game is absolutely breathtaking in its visual design, and the ability to explore the world of Hyrule at your own pace and in your own manner is a wonderful addition to the Zelda franchise. Being able to experiment with different ways to approach the same obstacle is another great feature of this game. If I had to name one thing that disappointed me about this game, it would probably be the lack of a fully fleshed out storyline, but the game makes up for it with the bits and pieces they do provide. The story itself is the most compelling of any story the Zelda series has told before, so that just makes me want more of it. Nintendo has already announced DLC that will expand on the game's story, however, so I can't really complain. I recommend this game for just about everyone, whether you've been interested in Zelda games in the past or not. It is definitely a game that will stick with you over time. Expand
  52. Jun 19, 2017
    It's commonplace nowadays to refer to The Legend of Zelda as formulaic, but the franchise is no stranger to sweeping change. From Ocarina of Time's 3D revolution to the touch-based DS experiments, Nintendo's flagship adventure series has tried quite a few new directions, with varying levels of success. None of those experiments, however, were as comprehensive as Breath of the Wild. AndIt's commonplace nowadays to refer to The Legend of Zelda as formulaic, but the franchise is no stranger to sweeping change. From Ocarina of Time's 3D revolution to the touch-based DS experiments, Nintendo's flagship adventure series has tried quite a few new directions, with varying levels of success. None of those experiments, however, were as comprehensive as Breath of the Wild. And none of them were ultimately as fantastic.

This sense of newness is made clear from the beginning, in which the player gets immediately cast as a long-slumbering Link, without any sort of exposition. The character has no memory, and only wakes up from his ressurection chamber following a mysterious voice echoing in his head.

The first moments of the game are spent exploring the Great Plateau, a location in central Hyrule that serves as an introduction to the game's main mechanics. However, after you're able to exit the Plateau thanks to your paraglider and tablet-like sheikah slate, you can go anywhere you please, including straight to the ruins of Hyrule Castle, where Calamity Ganon, the entitity who brought the world to ruin 100 years ago, waits. For a series that has become heavy on hand-holding, things are off to a great start.

The astounding level of freedom given to the player is only possible thanks to Link's game-changing ability to climb almost any surface. Previous Zelda titles would separate areas of the game by throwing unpassable mountains between them; here, each mountain is simply a new invitation to explore. The full-fledged physics engine, meanwhile, makes traversing each area even more addictive, as things just click together in a very organic way.

As someone who loves seamless exploration, I can get frustrated by intrusive story-heavy sections, all-too-common in releases nowadays. Breath of the Wild eschews this approach in a genius way: Link is soon able to recover several pictures in his sheikah slate, apparantly taken by Princess Zelda before the calamity. By finding the spots in those pictures, he can recover his memory piece by piece. This makes the story essentially a collectible, to be experienced according to the player's investigation skills, and one of the many reasons to thoroughly explore the world.

The game's Hyrule is a character unto itself: a post-apocaliptic world with signs of war and destruction at every corner, but which manages to also be extremely inviting in its pastoral beauty. Scattered over 15 seamlessly-connected, sprawling regions are plenty of ruins, but also towns, stables, landmarks, quirky characters, enemy camps, and (of course) a large number of secrets to uncover. Curiosity is always rewarded, sometimes with weapons or smaller collectibles, sometimes with large boss-like enemies or shrines.

Oh yeah, the shrines. You see, one of the longest-running Zelda traditions are its dungeons. You'd get to them (usually in linear order), solve their puzzles, collect treasure (including the special items needed to complete them), and beat the boss at the end.

Breath of the Wild, however, completely reimagines how this works. There are 120 shrines to find, and those are like bite-sized dungeons with puzzles and treasure chests. At the end of each of them, you get a spirit orb, needed to permanently increase energy and stamina. I'm of the mind that some Zelda titles can overdo dungeons, making them interminable sections of puzzle after puzzle in which I'm unable to even save and continue from where I stopped; for that reason, this new approach was a huge breath of fresh air. It also helps that the puzzles here are modular: many of them have several possible solutions, depending on how creative you want to get.

Of course, dungeons had an imponence that smaller shrines just can't match. This is where the actual stand-in for dungeons come into play. There are four of them, and they are probably the most epic thing I've seen in any Zelda game, ever. They have some key differences from traditional dungeons in how they work: each is one giant puzzle you need to solve progressively, and the ingenuity of their interconnected designs made me feel like an engineer at times for mastering them.

Speaking of story, this is a series-best. The melancholy of a devastated Hyrule can make each memory you recover extremely bittersweet, as you meet the champions that were supposed to fight the calamity, each with their own particular relationship with Link, and delve into the most well-developed Princess Zelda character we've ever been graced with.

it's weird to admit it, but Breath of the Wild single-handedly makes the entire catalogue of previous 3D Zelda games somewhat obsolete. Going back to the old approach would mean abandoning the extreme sense of freedom that pushes this game so much above everything else that's out right now. Either under the lens of the Zelda series, the open world genre, or gaming as an art form, Breath of the Wild is nothing short of a masterpiece.
  53. Jun 19, 2017
    There's no such thing as a perfect game. 10/10 for me means that if you are a gamer then you have to make space in your schedule to play this game. Either buy a used WII U if you're on a budget, or do buy a Switch because it's well worth the cash they ask for it.

I've never played a Zelda game before and this is one my favourite games of all time. Other titles IMO would be: TESV:Skyrim, Half Life series, Unreal Tournament, GTA series, Age of Empires, Pokemon, Mass Effect trilogy, Max Payne 2, Colin Mcrae 2, Doom, Super Mario World, Portal 1 and 2, Tomb Raider series. BOTW deserves a spot on this list. None of them were perfect, some were ahead of their time, others were simply well designed and fun to play, or unique, but all of them are "must plays".

I'm a PC gamer and I have been one for about 15 years. The last console I've owned was the SNES.
    The switch is the perfect console to complement PC gaming, as it's portable and will support famous titles that can't be played on PC. BOTW was a great comeback to console gaming, and I'm looking forward to the SWITCH's future.
  54. Sep 15, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a decent and mostly fun open world game, but it is missing a lot that would make it a good Zelda game in my eyes.

-- For starters, it suffers a lot of the problems that a lot of other modern open world games do, where the content is stretched out quantity > quality type content. Skyrim has a lot of dungeons with copy-pasted aesthetic and radiant repeating quests for example. A good chunk of Breath of the Wild's content comes from having 100 shrines with a copy pasted aesthetic, fighting the same enemy outposts, and having 900 koroks to find (a task that, really, no one finds fun and is really tedious). This is the bulk of the overworld's content. So it ends up feeling kind of lacking. Especially when, other than a handful, the shrine puzzles are really easy and not that in-depth, and when you have 100 of them and only a handful are somewhat difficult, that's not a good ratio.
    Another a problem that comes from it being open world is how barren the overworld feels at times. You go through large expanses of just, emptiness, too large of expanses, even. And there's really no places to explore or discover other than shrines and koroks. There aren't any unique secret or interesting areas to find. It's just, well, kind of bland.
    The point being the actual content that is in the game is just overall not very engaging, innovated, or unique, despite what everyone claims.
    -- Outside of the problems that come from it being open world the other main issue is how much it lacks of core Zelda aspects and mechanics. Dungeons have always been a very big part of the series, especially dungeons where each one has its own theme. Breath of the Wild only has four dungeons and all of them share the same theme amongst them. In addition to that, all the dungeons are also really easy and not memorable at all.
    Along with reused dungeon aspects comes the fact that the bosses are all literally the same. They're all aspects of Ganon and other than different elements behave the same. This is a big downside in a series where boss fights have always been a focus, as well, and the series has a lot of memorable and unique bosses in it. Breath of the Wild does not have that. Another memorable part of the series is the OST. Most of the time playing Breath of the Wild is spent with no music outside of a few clicks of a piano, the OST is really only in towns and other similar places, which is a shame, really.
    -- The last and probably most impacting missing series staple is having a large variety of equipment and items at your disposal. Breath of the Wild has tons of breakable weapons to use, but they all bubble down into one of four categories, and outside of combat melee weapons there's not that many different items in the game. There's no hookshot or pegasus boots, two items that'd make for VERY good later game upgrades, there's no ball and chain which would have worked perfectly with the combat system, there's a lot of series staple items missing and it really is a shame, because it would have helped liven up the gameplay having more toys to play with. Instead Breath of the Wild has probably the least amount of items in it out of any 3D Zelda game.
    -- Breath of the Wild does some things right. The story is good, though the story is also not there that much. The characters are for the most part also good. The new species designs are great and other than looking washed out at times the game has a decent art style. But there's so many flaws in the game and there's so many elements of a good Zelda game missing that it boggles me that it has such perfect reception from the masses, and it's disappointing that there's so much missing when the base idea has so much potential.
  55. Feb 2, 2018
    A masterpiece, open-world done right and playing it is just a fun thing to do. BoTW treats the series in a very different way, yet it has high enough quality it can be argued to be the best Zelda ever made. It sure is a true contender for it.
  56. Mar 1, 2018
    So I wanted to actually play this for a while before I left a review so after about 40 hours I think I'm ready.
    Massive open world with great variety of environments and weathers. The survival aspect is superb.. The climbing mechanic they added was also a really nice touch and made exploring the world just that much better. You see a mountain and you're like "I wanna go and climb that mountain and see what's up there" and you can do every bit of that plus some. The story is good, not great but much better then the past couple of Zelda games. Side quest are also good, I think they could've improved more on these though. A lot of them seem kind of shallow and also I feel like there's not enough of them scattered threw out the world. A bethesda game like Skyrim or Fallout 4 feels like it has a smaller map but they feel that map with many memorable locations and more quests that are more fleshed out then BOTW, and I'm not even going to compare side quest in BOTW to side quests in the Witcher 3 (honestly BOTW can't compete with the Witcher 3 in this aspect).
    Dungeons. . . I really would've liked to see more large scale dungeons like in previous Zelda games. The 4 main ones are really short and really easy. I was honestly bored with them. I found many of the shrines to be more challenging then the 4 main dungeons. Oh and about the Shrines, sure there's a bunch of them (100 to be exact) and I like the aspect of completing these shrines for increasing your health and stamina to be a nice addition but I still would've like to see fewer more challenging shrines. The dungeons and the shrines I feel are really not all that good and I would much rather have the old large challenging dungeons in place of these.
    Weapon variety in this game is great but another big negative for me is the weapon durability mechanic. This is just annoying, weapons break far to easily and you can't repair any of them. It feels like fake difficulty because you have to keep picking up crappy weapons and use them and you don't get to keep any of the cool weapons you get besides the master sword. I would've like to see a much more indepth durability system with crafting and repairing and also make metal weapons last longer then the sticks. All the weapons no matter what they are seem to break after the same amount of use. I get like 3-4 hit's with a stick and with a metal sword it feels like I only get 4-5 hits before it breaks and I have to use the freakin stick anyways.
    Now on to performance. . . Performance on the switch is really unexceptable. Constant frame drops and only 30 fps. 720p resolution that actually drops down lower when playing in handheld mode and only 900p which also can drop when docked. Now this isn't really the games fault but the fault of the switch. I like that is portable but they really could've put more powerful hardware in the thing (plus WTF Nintendo only 32GBs of storage unless I shell out another $50 - $70 for a 128GB Micro SD card) after getting tired at the crappy frame rate while docked, I actually ended up downloading Cemu and running the game threw that with some mods that let me play it at 60fps and a resolution of 1440p which made the visuals look much, much better. Oh and visuals that's another thing I understand the switch doesn't have the power to do it, but the visuals look like a game from 2011 and not 2017 luckily the fantastic art style and weather system really make up for the lack fancy graphics and effects.
    So all in all I rate the game a 7/10 it's really good but not as good as everyone will have you believe, I consider the Witcher 3 a 9/10 and compared to that game BOTW sits at a solid 7. One piece of advice I would give you guys is if you actually OWN THE GAME and have a decent gaming PC then download Cemu and play it there instead of playing it docked on the switch. If you wanna play it on the go then the Switch is a great/only way to play.
  57. Apr 24, 2018
    Perfect just pure perfect. Will be a benchmark to future games for the next 10 years.
  58. May 7, 2018
    Juego muy bien diseñado tanto el mundo como la música, lo mejor del juego es la enorme libertad que tienes para hacer lo que quieras, lo malo es que la dificultad disminuye mucho mientras vas avanzando en el mundo pero sigue siendo retador.
  59. Jan 2, 2020
    This game is a pure gem in the decade. Gorgeous, open world that sometimes feel empty. Great climbing mechanics, awesome diversity in equipment with the possibility to match whatever equipment you want. I do appreciate the weather cycle and the aspect of enemy respawning with red moon. The controls are really smooth and the game has good animations. I was shocked that weather can damage meThis game is a pure gem in the decade. Gorgeous, open world that sometimes feel empty. Great climbing mechanics, awesome diversity in equipment with the possibility to match whatever equipment you want. I do appreciate the weather cycle and the aspect of enemy respawning with red moon. The controls are really smooth and the game has good animations. I was shocked that weather can damage me through the equipment I wore. Quite a good pool of the enemies to fight (lizards were my favourite ones). I enjoyed the plot development, the idea of not making it an important thing. The plot is just a thing for the people who wants to enjoy it. Also, I adored the amount of collectibles things like shrines and koroks (I've got all the shrines, but I've got only 200 koroks). Cities with different races were a nice touch (I do not remember names of the races, but bird people have the best designs out of those 4 races in my opinion). Bosses and puzzle elements were fun and sometimes somehow challenging. Overall, breathtaking game that I think I will play more after some time (I've played it for around 99h). I do truly recommend it, I even think it's worth the full price! (It was my very first Zelda game) [I posted my review in september 2019, but I had to update it, and that's why there is such a date] Expand
  60. Jan 1, 2020
    Breath of the wild is a great zelda addition. The cooking mechanic of the game is good, and the enemies vary nicely in difficulty. Always room for improvement, but amazing in most ways. Where do the unlimited blue bombs come from?
  61. Jan 7, 2020
    Ok, so I'm not just giving this a high score because Zelda is delivering some fan service... But it helps of course! Normally never care but the fact that he can be shirtless throughout the entire game, and the characters react to it ("Oh you're so... in tune with nature!") makes me giggle.

I had never played Zelda, and am always a bit wary of Japanese games with their respect to representation of women. I am barely into the game though and I'm hooked. Cannot put it down. And I love the way the piano comes in to say hello briefly and leave again whenever you're wondering around. The blood moon also scared the brollies out of me. Very very impressed.

My bones of contention are that it is marked on the map where you died and the food. With the former, I understand it's to warn you of any big monsters who's path you crossed, but it feels like a stinking mark of shame. With the latter, it's a tired trope of Japanese media to make everything about food (apparently this started in the 90's). The original pokemon games never had it, the original Final Fantasies never had, now EVERYONE is cooking and eating yummy food, and oh how it is soooo yummy... I'm bored and frustrated by it. It's a societal distraction that is doing Japan no good. Food is a great way to understand the other, to experience life, etc... but well climate change may destroy that opportunity soon enough, so maybe the media in Japan could present the opportunity to think critically about some things?

But apart from that rant, I'm happy with this game.
  62. Mar 26, 2020
    Игра в которой относятся к игрокам не как у даунам с iq14. Давно я не играл в такую офигенную игру.
    Плюсы в данной игре можно перечислять очень долго. Но я лично нашел для себя один минус. Это то что линк всегда молчит. Слегка корява некоторые диалоги выглядят и кат сцены тоже
  63. Jul 28, 2020
    This game is OK, but highly over rated. As far as Zelda games go, the puzzles are either super easy or super frustrating, but most are not fun and are surrounded in these bland boring looking shrines. The music is almost NON EXISTENT which is an absolute crime in a Zelda game. Besides the divine beasts and ganon, there are about 5 different enemy models. Hang gliding is fun, but climbingThis game is OK, but highly over rated. As far as Zelda games go, the puzzles are either super easy or super frustrating, but most are not fun and are surrounded in these bland boring looking shrines. The music is almost NON EXISTENT which is an absolute crime in a Zelda game. Besides the divine beasts and ganon, there are about 5 different enemy models. Hang gliding is fun, but climbing mountains is not. Weapons constantly break. The open world is barren, empty and uninspiring. I've tried so hard to love this game, I've put many many hours into it and overall I just think it's a decent action rpg without any REAL Zelda charm. Expand
  64. Mar 3, 2017
    Its simply beautiful and giant like a Studio Ghibli movie, the visuals, the sounds, the music and the beasts.
    Played only 5h so far but its magnificent :D
  65. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely stunning. Breath-taking visuals, incredible soundtrack, fantastic gameplay, this game lives up to the Zelda legacy and then some. This is right up there with some of Nintendo's best work.
  66. Mar 3, 2017
    Freedom. Fun. Exploration. Challenge.
    This game has it all.

It is just fun to go and find what is next and go off into the wild to just see what is there, and there, and there and... what was my quest again? Who cares! I had so much fun! And now I cannot continue writing because I want to continue playing. :)
  67. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely Astounding. Breath of the Wild lives up to all of the hype surrounding it, and as I sank my teeth into this game it became clear that the lengthy development time and numerous delays were well worth the wait.
  68. Mar 3, 2017
    I feel sad for the troll reviewers who don't even dish out substance, only shallow reasons. Graphics=/= Greatness. Breath of the Wild has proven this. At the center of gaming is the sense of "fun", those are what games should be, not just a pretty looking, moving mural. Breath of the Wild brings what other open world games haven't exactly done, giving us a truly "open" world. You are atI feel sad for the troll reviewers who don't even dish out substance, only shallow reasons. Graphics=/= Greatness. Breath of the Wild has proven this. At the center of gaming is the sense of "fun", those are what games should be, not just a pretty looking, moving mural. Breath of the Wild brings what other open world games haven't exactly done, giving us a truly "open" world. You are at the wheel of this ride. You drive it to its eventual route, not the other way around as what games have been lately, and this is coming from someone who mainly plays on PC. Neglecting what it holds just cause it's a Nintendo game or its Zelda or it looks cartoony and childish is mind boggling. Undertale should've taught you this lesson already as it was arguably one of the most well acclaimed games during 2015. Breath of the Wild is a breath of fresh air from games that have been suffering from an overly similar style of play. Games as of late are either GTA clones or Batman Arkham clones. They become either shooters or beat-em ups. Breath of the Wild takes what is already there and refines it. I cannot possibly stress enough that of how many games I've come across, Breath of the Wild brings the "open" to open world. Open to exploration, open to possibilities, and only open to your imagination. Expand
  69. Mar 3, 2017
    If i could give this game an 11 I would. Graphics are beautiful, soundtrack is impressive, and the gameplay is timeless. Definitely worth the wait. I suggest any open world rpg fan to play this game. At this point it's easily game of the year and don't see anyone coming close to the magic that Nintendo brings unto our homes.
  70. Mar 3, 2017
    A stunning entry into the Zelda series, this is hands down the best open world game I have ever played, which is impressive considering I found games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim to be bland and not worth playing. This is my first Zelda game, and the world Nintendo have crafted is incredible. A must buy for anyone buying the Switch, and something everybody definitely needs to take a look at,A stunning entry into the Zelda series, this is hands down the best open world game I have ever played, which is impressive considering I found games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim to be bland and not worth playing. This is my first Zelda game, and the world Nintendo have crafted is incredible. A must buy for anyone buying the Switch, and something everybody definitely needs to take a look at, regardless of their feelings on open world games or the Zelda series. Expand
  71. Mar 3, 2017
    Stunning game, really well polished BOTW knows exactly what it is and capitalizes on that. Rarely do you find a game so comfortable with itself. 10/10 would highly recommend for any switch user as an essential game to experience.
  72. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is awesome. Just play it and you will remember it well and want to keep playing. The soundtrack is pretty good. The game play is great and there is so much to do, even after the campaign.
  73. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely amazing. Story is rich, the gameplay can go from relaxed to extremely difficult in a matter of seconds, and the graphical achievement is beyond words. This is a masterpiece.
  74. Mar 3, 2017
    Puede que el juego no te guste o no haya salido para tu consola favorita, pero de ahí a evaluarlo con un 0, hay que estar mal de la cabeza, es un juegazo de aquellos, candidato fijo a juego del año.
  75. Mar 4, 2017
    This game make me feel that i felt when i was play OOT in the beginning of my life with the videogames. That is very special, is 2017, i thought i didn't feel this anymore, thanks "Breath of the Wild"
  76. Mar 4, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, more like Legend of Dark Souls: Breath of the Monster Hunter. So far 12 hours in and hardly anything done except tons of shrines and elephant thing i feel like this game is going to keep me occupied the rest of the weekend. Expand
  77. Mar 4, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda meets Skyrim/Minecraft. A great mixture of majestic game mechanics, beautiful art, innovation and that nostalgia feeling that every Zelda game gives to its players. I've spend 6 hours playing and I can't wait to play it more.
    Bad points: No HD rumble and, before the update, the frame rate had some issues playing on the tv. Now it only occurs when the system is about to save the game.
    Perfection may not exist but, if every game were an exam and we had to score them, The Legend of Zelda is a 10/10 for Nintendo.
  78. Mar 3, 2017
    There are two types of negative user reviews for this game; those who have not played it correctly, for example claiming there is nothing to do or that the world is empty shows either a lack of creativity or exploration. This is a video game in the same way that the Godfather and Gone with the Wind were movies, or that Moby Dick and Don Quixote are books. Hyrule as presented in this gameThere are two types of negative user reviews for this game; those who have not played it correctly, for example claiming there is nothing to do or that the world is empty shows either a lack of creativity or exploration. This is a video game in the same way that the Godfather and Gone with the Wind were movies, or that Moby Dick and Don Quixote are books. Hyrule as presented in this game is the most complex, dense open world I have seen, and it "feels" alive in a way that no game has ever accomplished, which is difficult to convey in a review. To best enjoy this game I would recommend turning off the HUD, and not approaching it as a video game. Gamers for a long time have diluted ourselves into thinking we have used our creativity to solve game problems, when we were just using set pieces in a way that the designers had setup to create the illusion of creativity on our part. Nothing Breath of the Wild has done diminishes Witcher 3, which appears to be what the trolls are upset about, at all, on the contrary this title elevates the medium. As Zelda said, open your eyes. Expand
  79. Mar 3, 2017
    simplemente, perfecto.... los haters a jugar su horizon y dejar de opinar con el higado y la pedanteria, que sinceramente, un juego nos eclasifica con el odio o los gustos personales, si no con lo que ofrece para que mucha spersonas lo disfruten y vean poequre es considerado una verdadera obra maestra atemporal
  80. Mar 3, 2017
    AMAZING I love it got it on day one i never got bored of it it's been so long since i played a video game so good since the legend of zelda on the wii.
  81. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely the best game that I've ever played. The art style is amazing, scenery is incredible, combat is deep and rewarding, yet challenging. Dying is no longer as cruel as past games, and it's overall highly polished.
  82. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is exhilarating and beautiful, its cell shaded graphics work incredibly well for it. The open world is detailed and amazing. Nintendo's first game on the NS is extremely close to a masterpiece. The story is unique and goes deep. The characters are incredible and have a lot of depth. The open world has endless opportunity. Only con is frame-rate dips low sometimes.Breath of the Wild is exhilarating and beautiful, its cell shaded graphics work incredibly well for it. The open world is detailed and amazing. Nintendo's first game on the NS is extremely close to a masterpiece. The story is unique and goes deep. The characters are incredible and have a lot of depth. The open world has endless opportunity. Only con is frame-rate dips low sometimes.

Verdict: 9.4/10
  83. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath Of The Wild is a very fun game. The open world exploration, combat, and survival aspects makes this feel like what Metal Gear Solid V should have been. The game looks amazing, even using the Switch undocked. I can foresee putting many, many hours into this game.
  84. Mar 4, 2017
    I admit to only having put about 5 hours into it so far, so things may change, but I so seriously doubt it. Based on how solid the mechanics are and how much variety I've already seen, how much I've seen that I know I'll come back to once I've gotten Link a bit stronger, this game is amazing. Gone are all the hand holding repetitive messages and announcements from the last severalI admit to only having put about 5 hours into it so far, so things may change, but I so seriously doubt it. Based on how solid the mechanics are and how much variety I've already seen, how much I've seen that I know I'll come back to once I've gotten Link a bit stronger, this game is amazing. Gone are all the hand holding repetitive messages and announcements from the last several installments, the game does a great job of letting you discover how to do things while giving you mild hints to help you figure it out. As others have said, killing bad guys with the environment is great fun! It looks pretty damn good as a WillU game, and while I'm sure it looks a bit better on the Switch, I'm not sure it's worth all the monies for getting the Switch just yet. I've got it for the WiiU, and yeah, there are some frame rate issues, they've been rare, but the WiiU doesn't like water effects at all, so that hits it hard. These issues are rare, and not enough to detract from the amazingness of this game. It give me the same feeling the first 5 hours of the original Legend of Zelda did, or when I first cracked open A Link to the Past. Wonderful game! Expand
  85. Mar 4, 2017
    20-25 hours in, and I can already say this is my favourite Zelda game of all time, and an absolute must have for anyone with a Wii U or who is thinking about a Switch
  86. Mar 4, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is hands down the greatest game not just in the series, but possibly this decade and is a contender for of all time. Those that are giving the game a 0 or 1 are just trolling or picked up a game expecting it to be something it wasn't. It was announced to be an open-world game, and that's exactly what it is. It perfects what an open world game is supposed to be, and it does it flawlessly.

An open world game isn't supposed to have something to do every 5 meters, it's supposed to encourage exploration, finding treasure and secrets that may not be easy to reach or see. I haven't even finished the game yet, as I'm still working my way through the map alone, let alone the main storyline, and just the music, the immersion, and the fighting style is enjoyable. This game does live up to the media and fan hype, and is definitely the best launch title since Super Mario 64.

While the dungeons (now called "trials") are definitely much shorter, it's still puzzling at times to complete a few, and yes, there's still a god-forsaken trial that deals with water. There's plenty of things to explore in the game, and plenty of side quests to keep the game fresh and enjoyable. Those that say they completed it in under a few hours, well... congrats on doing a speed run and running straight for Ganon, ignoring the storyline completely. It can definitely be played that way as like Nintendo said at E3, you can literally do that if you so desire, but it's not recommended and you won't get the full immersion of the game.

As a game designer, this game is the bar that all developers should aim for when designing such large-scale/open-world games. The mechanics and difficulty are perfect for those who have played a Zelda game before. Nothing seems over-powered, and there's plenty of small amusements (those that love to find a way to interpret meanings to being more innuendo than it should be).

They delayed this game for so long and pushed Switch's release up just to get this perfect, and Nintendo nailed it perfectly (the game, not the Switch). This game is worth that perfect score of 10 for its category.
  87. Mar 4, 2017
    Probably the best Zelda game since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. The game offers so much that is possible to spend tons of hours playing it. Nice puzzles, beautiful graphics and new mechanics makes this game awesome.
  88. Mar 4, 2017
    Me a gustado mucho un 10, creo que esperaba mucho por este zelda y me a sorprendido, quizas no sea lo mejor en cuanto a graficos pero tampoco es que me interesen mucho, adoro el cariño que nintendo les pone a las cosas!
  89. Mar 5, 2017
    How many of the users posting reviews for this game have even played it? 784 down-votes? Metacritic really needs to verify ownership. Sooo much salt!

Either way, I love my Playstation as much as the next guy, but this is an exceptional game and certainly among the best ever made. Nintendo could have very well just crunched Zelda plus open world equals quality game. Instead, they created one of the biggest, most immersive open worlds ever made and expanded on the Zelda formula itself in too many ways to count.

I was incredibly over-hyped for this game and (despite all odds) it has exceeded those lofty expectations. Thank you, Nintendo. You've brought another masterpiece to the world at large.
  90. Mar 5, 2017
    A fantastic launch game for the Switch. The best Zelda ever?, probably. Vast world. Great visuals in handheld mode as well as on the TV. Fantastic controls. The critics are right .Ignore the zero reviews. People with nothing better in their lives than trolling. . The game and Switch are fantastic so far. Well done Nintendo.
  91. Mar 6, 2017
    When we talk about today´s game developing standars we all know the big N always choses a different path. Breath of the wild not only improves as it should but it takes all what has mae the franchise so succesful and mashes it up in a masterful way. It all takes off in a traditional way of unraveling Link´s story and it´s past events, a 100 yeas ago to be precise, but instead of taking theWhen we talk about today´s game developing standars we all know the big N always choses a different path. Breath of the wild not only improves as it should but it takes all what has mae the franchise so succesful and mashes it up in a masterful way. It all takes off in a traditional way of unraveling Link´s story and it´s past events, a 100 yeas ago to be precise, but instead of taking the usual linear or semi-linear path, it just leavs you out on this massive open world to explore and to survive as you get usual RPG elements like weapons and other gear.

The game itself is gorgeous in watercolor artstyle, but don´t get me wrong, it is not just an artstyle for hardware "limitations" but a style this itteration of Zelda that managed to nail all it´s details on an intriguing way. As far as the game goes in terms of processing power it has a lot of things going on even on the portable mode tof the switch, and a lot of times you can get beautiful sceneries with particle effects going on, an excellent physics engine, weather conditions, etc. It´s scale is just massive, and mostly if you can see it you can reach it, even on large open areas where nothing appers to be going on, the pure scenery and music gets you the chills of a relaxing spot leaving behind all the frantic things that are going on, and it is truly appreciated. Even animals behave in natural ways. And, damn!!! the music on this game is just masterful, check it for yorself.

The way the weapon system works and the durability of each weapon works in a bastly fair way, as they break over and over but you never feel like it will leave you on a bloked position, and what it makes it even better is your management, as you you might want to leave your better weapons for later or tougher situations, just see it for yourself when affronting guardians.

Cooking in tha game not only is the mechanic to replentish your health but to give you certain boosts or extra temporal hearts, and you have to think through your recipies as it can be bad for link in a funny way too. And this is only the tip of the iceberg as you inmerse to find out other collectibles and crafting materials.

Talking about gameplay, it is a superv polished experience as weapons are handled in differnt ways, parring and dodging are simple but you need to polish your skill as the enemies behave acorrding to their equipment and your moves, unlike the rest of the other zelda games were they have a determined move pattern (yes even in skyward sword). So is up to you to interact with your environment and improve your reaction skills to master the game itself, and there ar a lot of options to do so.

Storywise, Breath of the Wild, is as charmy and goofy (at times) as you would expect from a Zelda game, but don´t get fooled, it really goes into deep emotional scenes and reelations as you explore the world and meet unique characters that well are part of the main story. The voice acting in this games works wonders, specially in japanese and latin spanish, as I found a little less emotive dialogues in english, specially Zelda´s emotions (and we all have seen it on the trailers, so it is not spoilers). So I can say it has been an improve to include it, FINALLY, and talking it to a great level of quality overall, and even if it´s still not fulle voice acted it does a magnificent job all the way, cuz it still gets the nostalgia feeling of all zelda fans. Thou, I would have preffered a Hylian made up language for it, but that is just me hehe.

It is hard to say if it takes Ocarina of time´s spot as Breath of the Wild has been crafted in modern standards and with a more integrate overall experience, but is easy (foer me) to say is the best Zelda game ever made, if not, THE best Nintendo game ever made!!!

P.S. I Really don´t get how people give this game 0s and 1s? I can just imagine that they have not even played it yet or just based their opinions on trailers or even just nintendo hate, Metacritic should do something about that, for all games in general.
  92. Mar 6, 2017
    Incredible artstyle, polish and fun. The world is immense and the attention to every single detail is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a game so beautifully crafted as Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
  93. Mar 4, 2017
    Gotta love all the fake reviews on here, about 691 of them to be exact. I have yet to see a REAL negative review. Every negative review has been a fanboy of Sony or Microsoft talking random crap about the game.

This game is without question the best Zelda game ever made and while I haven't finished it, it's pretty safe to say this is likely one of the greatest games of all time. I've never felt so in awe of any game, well, ever.

10/10. Easily.
  94. Mar 4, 2017
    This is one of the greatest Zelda games of all time. A true masterpiece! This is what open world games should strive to be like.

I love how any mountain that is visible I can go to. Having problems with that quest? Cool, I can go do a million other things and see other places. There is no hand holding and its up to you to forge your own path and play how you wish to. Nintendo has truly made something ground-breaking here!
  95. Mar 5, 2017
    Mai visto un gioco del genere, riprende tutto dei precendenti capitoli, personalizzabile in qualunque cosa, una liberà d'azione immensa, openworld stupendo, dettagliato in tutto e per tutto, perita il 98/100, a parer mio il miglior videogioco di tutti i tempi, al passo con ocarina of time
  96. Mar 5, 2017
    This game is absolutely amazing! I'm playing on the Wii U and it looks gorgeous! The colour palate, the sound design, the character design are some of the best I've seen in quite a long time. The story itself is beautifully told with a more mature theme behind it and Link's portrayal is done beautifully. I can't say anymore without spoiling the game. I can't say anything about frame dropsThis game is absolutely amazing! I'm playing on the Wii U and it looks gorgeous! The colour palate, the sound design, the character design are some of the best I've seen in quite a long time. The story itself is beautifully told with a more mature theme behind it and Link's portrayal is done beautifully. I can't say anymore without spoiling the game. I can't say anything about frame drops since I'm playing on the Wii U but I haven't noticed anything jarring or game-breaking. This is quite possibly the best Zelda game ever made, and maybe even one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. Expand
  97. Mar 6, 2017
    This game checks all the right boxes for me. It's easy to just explore and find things. This game takes adventuring to a whole new level and you can move at your own pace.
  98. Mar 6, 2017
    For those who just dont get it, its not because the game lacks in any way. its because salty people lack imagination. The game deserves a 10 and future games will incorporate a lot of BotW's innovations. Just know the game is good. anyone who says otherwise just got offended by its greatness.
  99. Mar 7, 2017
    I tried very hard not to get too hyped, despite all the footage of the game, all the early reports of how good the game is and the great trailers Nintendo released. As a Zelda fan since 1998 with Ocarina of Time being my favorite game of all time, I was of course looking forward to the release of Breath of the Wild. A huge part of the excitement is caused by nostalgia, of course.
    After
    After playing the game for around 20 hours I can already announce this game as my new favorite game of all time. It blew me away from the first steps. Every 2 minutes I encounter a new feature or detail that just makes we stare at the screen with an open mouth. It's not only the major features of the game, like the vast world to explore, the intelligent enemies or the well placed music. It's the little details that Nintendo obviously put a lot of effort in. All so often I think "Hmm.. let's see if this works" ... and it DOES. Every single time. I was in need of a fire to prepare some food, so I read the description of the flint and I just put some wood on the ground, placed flint next to it and hit the flint with a metal weapon. The wood caught fire and I had a nice cozy place to roast some apples. 10 seconds later the fire went out and I wondered why. Of course, because it was raining. I set up the next camp fire under a tree.

The graphics of this game are stunning. Yes, it's a special art style but they really did a great job at creating moody atmospheres, detailed models and oh my god, the lighting is incredible. Besides Witcher 3, this game has the most beautiful sun sets that I just enjoy watching at for minutes.

The game has flaws. But none of them justify a 0/10 rating. I don't understand why Metacritic allows that. THe performance on the Switch in TV mode varies, but is satisfying over all. The controls are difficult to learn and it happened that I died because I hadn't mastered the control layout, yet.

On a side note: The sound design is on point. Everything makes sounds as you would expect them to do. Your wooden bow on your back makes wooden sounds as it continuously hits your wooden shield. The wind blowing through the grass while animals make their own noises made me forget how little music is actually played throughout the game.

I have only made a few steps into the main story so far, but what I have seen up to this review made by jaw drop to the floor. Of course, a lot of nostalgia is causing this (and the tears in my eyes) but the story they're are building up from the beginning is compelling and makes me find out more about it.

What I probably love most about the game is the feeling of being rewarded. You get rewarded for being curious, for exploring new places, for experimenting with techniques and gameplay mechanics and for taking that additional step through a forest, over a river or down a cliff. Not in Skyrim, not in The Witcher 3 have I felt this sense of adventure.

Despite not being flawless this game deserves nothing but a 10/10 rating, for all the positives easily outweigh the negatives.
  100. Mar 7, 2017
    I've clocked in around 30 hours since release 5 days ago, but barely scratched the whole content of the game. There is so much still left to explore and discover, yet the time I spend so far was filled with wonder and excitement. The world of BotW is the star of this game! This is the best designed open-world I have ever played. Beautiful, alive, rewarding. What a pleasure to take in onI've clocked in around 30 hours since release 5 days ago, but barely scratched the whole content of the game. There is so much still left to explore and discover, yet the time I spend so far was filled with wonder and excitement. The world of BotW is the star of this game! This is the best designed open-world I have ever played. Beautiful, alive, rewarding. What a pleasure to take in on breath of this wild after the other. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]