8.6

1. Oct 14, 2020
    This is, in my opinion, the best game ever made. It was such an incredible experience the first time, but even now, after I’ve beat it 5 times, it’s still such a great game. There’s so much to do, the graphics are unbelievable, and the sheer content in this game makes it one of the best games ever. I was starting to loose passion for it, but that was instantly reignited after I purchasedThis is, in my opinion, the best game ever made. It was such an incredible experience the first time, but even now, after I’ve beat it 5 times, it’s still such a great game. There’s so much to do, the graphics are unbelievable, and the sheer content in this game makes it one of the best games ever. I was starting to loose passion for it, but that was instantly reignited after I purchased the DLC. The DLC is incredible, and if you liked the game for the lore, then this is a must have. Even without the DLC however, it’s replay-ability is insane. Even if this game could only be played one time, I would still make the purchase in a heartbeat. There’s so much to do in one save file, let alone multiple. There’s many ways to play the game and you can challenge yourself with infinite new ways to play the game. Maybe you want to do a shrine-less run, or not beat any of the Divine Beasts, great. If the game is too easy for you, try out Master Mode where it becomes insanely difficult. Point is, this is the greatest game ever made, and to this day I play it daily, despite how much I’ve played it already. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2020
    I just can’t get into it. I’m trying and trying because it almost gets a 10 but I just don’t like it. It is boring to me. So much dialogue to read, the graphics don’t look much, the weapons break and I hate games that respawn enemies. Also being sent back and forth around the map to gather things for quests is so boring. It isn’t my thing. I wish I would like this game. If it had a bitI just can’t get into it. I’m trying and trying because it almost gets a 10 but I just don’t like it. It is boring to me. So much dialogue to read, the graphics don’t look much, the weapons break and I hate games that respawn enemies. Also being sent back and forth around the map to gather things for quests is so boring. It isn’t my thing. I wish I would like this game. If it had a bit of GTA to it or The Witcher or even some Skyrim flavour I could keep going but so far I am just so bored and half the time I don’t know where I should be going and I forget all the fiddly controls. Grrr I wish I could get into this game... Good luck if you like it. This game is meant to be a 10/10 perfect. Expand
  3. Oct 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Un juego demasiado bueno que cambió de aires dentro de la saga, pero conservando las raíces de la propia saga. Eso si, hay algunas cosas que fallan. La falla más popular es la dificultad, ya que al principio resulta ser muy difícil sobrevivir pero a medida que vas progresando en la historia te vas dando cuenta que cada vez es más fácil, hasta que llegas en un punto donde te da igual que vengan 20 enemigos porque les revientas de un espadazo.
    También, algo en lo que mucha gente ha visto una falla ha sido en la historia, ya que esta es corta. Yo, sin embargo, si es cierto que la noté corta pero no lo suficiente como para no disfrutar del juego, de echo, hizo todo lo contrario, me gusto y me hizo disfrutar mucho más del juego.
    Cabe decir que también hay muchas cosas buenas, como por ejemplo la jugabilidad, el gameplay, la exploración, la banda sonora, entre otros.
  4. Oct 22, 2020
    I got my Nintendo Switch earlier this year and Breath of the Wild was one of my first games for it. This game is one of the best games I have ever played. I've never played a Zelda game before and now I'm wanting to go back and play older titles. The combat is great, the exploration is really fun and the story was also really good. I have actually started playing through the game a secondI got my Nintendo Switch earlier this year and Breath of the Wild was one of my first games for it. This game is one of the best games I have ever played. I've never played a Zelda game before and now I'm wanting to go back and play older titles. The combat is great, the exploration is really fun and the story was also really good. I have actually started playing through the game a second time because I enjoyed it so much. I gave it a 9 out of 10 only because the one complaint I have is how your weapons break so frequently. This game is a must play for any Nintendo Switch user or any fan of rpg games. Expand
  5. Oct 21, 2020
    Para mí compite de tú a tú con Ocarina of Time (aunque este para la tecnología de su momento me parece más memorable), aún así, me parece increíble lo que me hace transmitir este juego, es la razón por la cual he vuelto a mis orígenes de jugador. Lo tengo desde el día de lanzamiento. Un mapeado increíble e interactivo, tu vas creando la historia en función de donde se consigan losPara mí compite de tú a tú con Ocarina of Time (aunque este para la tecnología de su momento me parece más memorable), aún así, me parece increíble lo que me hace transmitir este juego, es la razón por la cual he vuelto a mis orígenes de jugador. Lo tengo desde el día de lanzamiento. Un mapeado increíble e interactivo, tu vas creando la historia en función de donde se consigan los recuerdos. El único pero son los DLC, pero como no entran dentro de la historia principal del juego base no lo valoraré aquí. Expand
  6. Oct 20, 2020
    Best game I have ever played. I am not a big gamer. I usually buy a few games a year, play them for a couple weeks and then lose interest. I have been so engaged playing this game that I have completed it three times including the bonus content. It is so much fun to be able to pick it up, explore anywhere due to the open world, and still find new things after hundreds of hours of play.Best game I have ever played. I am not a big gamer. I usually buy a few games a year, play them for a couple weeks and then lose interest. I have been so engaged playing this game that I have completed it three times including the bonus content. It is so much fun to be able to pick it up, explore anywhere due to the open world, and still find new things after hundreds of hours of play. Can’t wait for the next one. Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2020
    When I was a kid, I would just randomly run around levels in some games because that was fun to me. As I got older and better at games, that wasn't really a thing I did anymore. Breath of the Wild restored that feeling. It's world is made to be explored and is a joy to move around in. The story isn't very good, but that's not what this game is about. It's about you, and the world. IWhen I was a kid, I would just randomly run around levels in some games because that was fun to me. As I got older and better at games, that wasn't really a thing I did anymore. Breath of the Wild restored that feeling. It's world is made to be explored and is a joy to move around in. The story isn't very good, but that's not what this game is about. It's about you, and the world. I recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  8. Oct 19, 2020
    This game surprised me in every way possible. The game starts with link waking up from a hundred year nap, then he gets out of the cave, and you get a beautiful shot at Hyrule, at that point, you already know the game's gonna be good.
    The game doesn't really hold your hand at all, it's not very challenging, but still, the fun of the game comes from exploring this vast world, the greatness of this game comes from climbing up a mountain, knowing there won't be anything up there, but you just want to climb it to have a view of hyrule from up there.
    The story isn't really remarkable, it's not bad, but not anything mindblowing or too emotional, but that doesn't affect the game too much, since it's not story focused at all.
    Link doesn't talk, but the rest of the characters feel very cohesive and different from each other, which makes it fun to explore hyrule looking for link's lost memories.
    The game feels pretty balanced in general, although I personally think weapons break too fast, and there's too little variety of weapons, which makes for few standard combat styles, but that's not a problem, since you can pretty much however you want. Link acquires a few runes, which are normally used to solve puzzles, but the game gives you way too much freedom, enough for you to be able to use those runes in battle in any way you want, which can be pretty helpful.
    This game is incredibly well praised, and it's truly deserved! A masterpiece of open world games, Breath of the Wild, Is one of the best games on switch, and rightfully won many prizes in the 2017 game awards (despite not being my favorite game of that year)
  9. Oct 19, 2020
    This game is very impressive
    And it makes us think more I enjoyed it although it was a painful experience.
  10. Oct 19, 2020
    Sublime. One of the greatest Zelda games, Switch games, and overall games of all time.
  11. Oct 19, 2020
    A masterpiece of open-world adventure games with a stunning colorful art style and excellent world-building that makes the player really feel the weight of the environment.
  12. Oct 18, 2020
    From what I’ve played, this game is fun and creative with a beautiful world and concept. I am not familiar with the main characters and characters overall, but this game is fun and different!
  13. Oct 15, 2020
    So, everyone knows this game is excellent. One frustrating thing I would like to mention is that when attacking or running from enemies I find the joystick on my joycon is easily pushed in and I find myself now crawling on the ground with an enemy closing in, or already beating me to smithereens. I’ve learned to finesse the joystick a bit more over time, but it distracts me from theSo, everyone knows this game is excellent. One frustrating thing I would like to mention is that when attacking or running from enemies I find the joystick on my joycon is easily pushed in and I find myself now crawling on the ground with an enemy closing in, or already beating me to smithereens. I’ve learned to finesse the joystick a bit more over time, but it distracts me from the gameplay at times, and other times I still end up crawling on accident. I would still give this game a 10. But, it may be better played with a different controller, maybe the pro controller(I don’t have one), and this may want to be considered before buying the game, especially if you mash hard on your joystick. Expand
  14. Oct 13, 2020
    Как по мне лучшая игра этого десятилетия. Игра - замечательное путешествие на долгие часы. Думаю моя личная оценка, могла бы быть 9.5/10. Но, поставлю просто 10.
  15. Oct 13, 2020
    The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild excels at everything it sets out to do. This game does not hold your hand at all, you can go wherever you want, complete whichever missions you want first, you can cut through all that and go face the final boss directly. Cooking, shield boarding, riding horses, gliding. Within the boundaries of Hyrule, the world is yours to conquer.

It's easy to

It's easy to see that the developers really cared and had a passion for this game. And so do we.
  16. Oct 13, 2020
    Groundbreaking but not flawless

Pros: audio and the core gameplay mechanics Audio in this game is some of the best I've ever heard. Plug in a pair of headphones and immediatly get immersed in the world. The more somber music does a great job of delivering a few accents here and there without overpowering the amazing sound design. Core Gameplay: This includes so many aspects, but
    Groundbreaking but not flawless

Pros: audio and the core gameplay mechanics

Core Gameplay: This includes so many aspects, but most importantly the movement system and Link's abilities. Breath of the Wild gives the player all the tools they need for near limitless exploration and experimentation.
    The fact that you can climb every mountain or swim through every river as long as you have enough stamina (which can be buffed via gear and consumables!) makes similar games feel archaic in comparison. Looking at other open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn it is laughable how many invisible barriers you come across and how limited the climbing system actually is.
    Link's abilities are amazing for the fact that they are physics based and can be utilized in every situation you can think of. There is a lot of depth in how you can interact with those abilities and use them in creative ways.
    Another interesting but not perfect gameplay mechanic is that even most of your gear functions as a consumable. By forcing you to constantly switch up your load out the game encourages experimentation and prevents players from snatching up high level gear early which would trivialise all of the low level areas. You can of course still do that but when your weapon breaks after two combat encounters you are back to using level appropriate gear. However, there are some faults in the execution of this system, which leads me to the games weaknesses.

Cons: inventory management and a lack of motivators.

Inventory management is a hassle. Every time you want to heal or want to switch weapons or when your weapon breaks or if you want to use an ability you got to pull up some kind of menu. The Nintendo Switch simply doesn't have enough buttons to cycle through all the stuff you'll need during gameplay efficiently. As a result the controls are surprisingly complex and gameplay doesn't always go as smooth as I like. Within one combat encounter that takes maybe 40 seconds it is not unusual for me to pull up some kind of menu 6 times or more. That's me pulling up a menu screen every 5-10 seconds. This absolutely needs to be streamlined in future entries of the Zelda series.

The biggest weakness however is the lack of motivators. Breath of the Wild is a game that has its core mechanics built entirely around exploration. So how come the game world is so empty and has little reward? I understand that people might be motivated to explore for different reasons. Some may explore to collect loot, some may explore to find content (e.g. lore or side quests) and some may explore simply to appreciate the game world. In my opinion Breath of the Wild nails none of these motivators.
    Let's look at loot: most of the loot you will find are basically just consumables to replace the consumables you spent or to increase your inventory to store said consumables. To actually grow permanently stronger it is recommended to complete shrines and quests which have a lot of empty space inbetween.
    OK, so how about content? Let me be quite frank. There is very little chance that you might stumble across a quest giver or some interesting story event by accident. Yet again, most of the areas are empty except for some cookie-cutter enemies and consumable items here and there.
    So, if there is no story reward or rare loot to be excpected when going off the beaten path then surely there must be some beatiful/interesting vistas to be discovered that make the journey worth it, right? This is of course very subjective but I don't think Breath of the Wild is a particularly pretty game. It has a good art style that can hide some of the technical shortcomings. But the game still remains barren and rarely impresses visually. And the most impressive stuff is usually part of the main quest anyway.

All in all I believe Breath of the Wild is an innovative approach to exploration and experimentation in video games. However it is a bit held back by the technical limitations of the Wii U and Nintendo Switch. I can only assume that they needed to spread out the content over so much empty space because the consoles would not have been able to handle a more dense and complex game world. As a result the strong core mechanics hace to carry the game through some of the more boring parts while traversing the game world
  17. Oct 12, 2020
    Me encantó el juego, es muy adictivo un cambio fresco, recomendado 1000x1000
  18. Oct 12, 2020
    I found someone is compare this to a Chinese copy game in Twitter
    I played that game like an hour and uninstalled
    after that I turn my switch on...
  19. Oct 12, 2020
    best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period. best game to exist period.
  20. Oct 12, 2020
    what can i say ? its a very good game but i wish there would be more content. cant wait for the next game.
  21. Oct 11, 2020
    Unlike any game I've played in 35+ years of gaming. Defies description in the best kind of way: to understand it, one must experience it.

If I could give 20 out of 10 this would be it.
  22. Oct 11, 2020
    This is fun as hell, the world, sound, combat and mechanics, even the climbing is amazing. I love this game and cant recommend it enough. Masterpiece
  23. Oct 11, 2020
    Pros of the game:
    - Physics, it's really cool and realistic.
    - Gameplay, very varied and addictive. - Trials, just a hardcore fan's dream, but does not burn the @$$. - Graphics, for Nintendo Switch looks good, not a revolution in graphics, but not so bad. Cons of the game: - The plot, well, it is too primitive, a typical story "SAVE THE PRINCESS". - Voice acting, it is very
    Pros of the game:
    - Physics, it's really cool and realistic.
    - Gameplay, very varied and addictive.
    - Trials, just a hardcore fan's dream, but does not burn the @$$.

Cons of the game:
    - The plot, well, it is too primitive, a typical story "SAVE THE PRINCESS".
    - Voice acting, it is very little, given that the cutscenes have excellent voice acting.
    - FPS drawdowns, although they are few, are very few, but when they appear, they hurt the eyes very much.

My rating: 9 out of 10
  24. Oct 11, 2020
    This is my second favorite game of all time. A beautiful masterpiece of gaming and a must-play for a Nintendo fan, and for any gamer. Buy a Nintendo Switch just to play this. I love this game, and it was even spoiled for me. You can love it, even knowing what happens. PLEASE PLAY THIS!
  25. Oct 9, 2020
    the legend of Zelda breath of the wild is a fantastic game that offers an open world experience like no other game! It’s INCREDIBLE. It redefine and set a new standard for both the legend of Zelda series, and the open world genre as a whole. That's why this is my favorite game of all time.
  26. Oct 8, 2020
    The best game ever. I'm so amazed when I play this for the first time. When you buy a switch you need to have this game, you can speed thousand hours playing this
  27. Oct 8, 2020
    Sinceramente Una verdadera obre de arte, La historia entre lazada con todos los juegos y sus respectivas líneas temporales con infinidad de referencias, banda sonora realmente hermosa ambientando a la perfección la sensación de soledad y amor por la naturaleza concentrándote con el ambiente inmersivo de su mundo rico en vida y movimiento, Un aspecto visual increíble y sutil con sus coloresSinceramente Una verdadera obre de arte, La historia entre lazada con todos los juegos y sus respectivas líneas temporales con infinidad de referencias, banda sonora realmente hermosa ambientando a la perfección la sensación de soledad y amor por la naturaleza concentrándote con el ambiente inmersivo de su mundo rico en vida y movimiento, Un aspecto visual increíble y sutil con sus colores hermosos que te atrapan sinceramente único en la historia de los videojuegos, Una físicas increíbles las mejores que he visto en mi vida, Interactuando literalmente con cualquier cosa en el ambiente 'realmente impresionante ese nivel de realismo' la exploración es increíble nunca te cansas de encontrar recursos armas ropa etc. es como si tuvieras una infinidad de cosas por hacer y no se hace repetitivo, Misiones secundarias muy bien logradas y buena interacciones con personajes secundarios. El mecanismo de las mini mazmorras es bastante original para conseguir resistencia y corazones me sorprendió bastante este viniendo de la saga Zelda la cual en su mayoría se obtiene en mazmorras obligatorias y exploración del mapa profundamente en bastante inmersivo en ese aspecto y nada mas que decir el juego tiene su 10/10 muy merecido y sinceramente un juego hecho con amor y dedicación porque desarrollar un mundo así de vivo debe llevar un trabajo muy fuerte y constante. Expand
  28. Oct 8, 2020
    An amazing game with beautiful areas, corners to explore, strategical teardowns of civilizations. I had a blast playing my first Zelda game and the gameplay was phenomenal. The story however was a bit lackluster. The memories were interesting, but it still felt like something was missing. Despite the lack of a intriguing story it still shines with the brilliant gameplay. I am excited forAn amazing game with beautiful areas, corners to explore, strategical teardowns of civilizations. I had a blast playing my first Zelda game and the gameplay was phenomenal. The story however was a bit lackluster. The memories were interesting, but it still felt like something was missing. Despite the lack of a intriguing story it still shines with the brilliant gameplay. I am excited for the sequel! -LB Expand
  29. Oct 8, 2020
    This is the only Switch game I've ever played, as I'm not a fan of Nintendo consoles, but it's just so amazing and thoughtful. Every mechanic has sub mechanics that complement each other. You can play with the elements to make Link's adventure easier, cut down trees, glide from the highest top or ride your shield.
    I'm a major PC player, so if the game ever made it to computers I'd play it
    I'm a major PC player, so if the game ever made it to computers I'd play it for months on end.
  30. Oct 8, 2020
    The game has enough good things about it to make it at least somewhat enjoyable throughout, but there is simply a lack of meaningful progression to make the journey throughout the open-world truly worthwhile like a supposed masterpiece would have.
    It was stated by devellopers that the design philosophy here was to make everything accessible from the start. Well, I think this is an awful philosophy, considering that "go anywhere you want from the plateau on" really means "do basically the same things you've already done over and over again because there is no progression".
    The cooking system is shallow and repetitive, not to mention it can be used to break the game because you can just stack food indefinitely.
    Every progression mechanic in the game is basically an RPG-lite mechanic that boils down to "kill x to upgrade x's stats", or "find same weapon with better stats", with stats only referring to durability and damage output.

The combat is ok, but for most encounters, spamming the attack button will suffice, and you can avoid nearly all ennemies quite easily. That would be ok if the loot you get from ennemies would be worthwhile, or fighting ennemies would grant you access to more unique areas, but unfortunately it's pretty much a self-contained loop, making it better to disengage from combat most of the time.
    Environmental interaction, for being praised so much, is NOT significant most of the time, fire and ice suck, electricity is only good in that it's an OP mechanic that can be used anywhere (only that in water it's completely busted). Also the game severely lacks ennemy variety. In the overworld, you'll encounter about 4 ennemies with re-skins (really not counting the blobs and the bats, because those are just pathetic), and 3 bosses.

Now, exploring the world itself feels satisfying enough. The traversal mechanics are good. The shrine quests specifically are good, but they are too few and far between to completely redeem the game's open world. The 4 basic dungeons are also good, as is the DLC dungeon, and trials of the sword is also pretty fleshed out.
    Those are all good things that taken together make the game stand a little bit above most open-worlds, but it just doesn't wash away the fact that you are playing a tech-demo that overstays its welcome.
  31. Oct 7, 2020
    A ver, como videojuego es muy bueno y largo. Pero cuando uno califica un juego es en su totalidad, y la verdad hay cosas que no puedes dejar pasar por alto:
    - Port mediocre: Se supone que este era el gran plato fuerte del inicio de Switch. Es un juego que fue trabajado para Wii U pero la Switch ni siquiera puede mantener 30fps estables... Ni hablar de los bajones por debajo de los 20fps cuando estamos en los bosques o hierba alta.
    - El Joy-Con drifting es donde más molesta es en este juego. Simplemente insoportable. Este juego drena la batería como una sanguijuela. No llego ni a las 3 horas con este juego.
    Ahora lo que más critico del juego, quizá, es la ausencia de grandes desafíos y de una historia bien construida. La verdad es que en ambos puntos es donde más flojea el juego. Se nota la falta de mazmorras y lo de los Santuarios, lugares totalmente vacíos, no representan desafíos memorables ni de gran altura. La historia está ahí, más como excusa que como otra cosa, no tiene mucho peso para decir verdad. Y salvo por uno o dos personajes (Sidon y Mipha) se siente mucho hueco aquí.

La banda sonora está bien, y en cuanto a físicas y mundo el juego sobresale mucho. Pero siento que al juego le faltó algo más desafíos, los Centauros los sentí más desafiantes que el jefe final que fue un chiste para ser sincero. Pero en ningún momento sentí que este fuera más sobresaliente que otros juegos como Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask y, muchísimo menos, Ocarina of Time.
    El juego está bien, lo empaña bastante el port, y diría incluso que tuve mejor experiencia jugándolo en emulador. Pero así y todo no es un juego que vuelva a tocar, ni un juego que me ha encantado como tal. Sólo espero que Breath of the Wild 2 lo repiense y vuelvan las mazmorras y los desafíos.
    7/10.
  32. Oct 7, 2020
    -General main story improvements (the game already has good lore)
    -Dungeons and unique rewards (the open world and the interactions you do in it can be seen as the replacement for the traditional dungeons, this means that the entire world is a large series of dungeons as a whole)
    -Weapon durability can be slightly increased -Lack of replayability since the game is based around knowlege
    -General main story improvements (the game already has good lore)
    -Weapon durability can be slightly increased
    -Lack of replayability since the game is based around knowlege

Overall these small issues definietely do not take away from the experience that the new zelda provides
  33. Oct 6, 2020
    First review i make on a game because this one definitely deserves it! I’ve never played a zelda game before so i’m not a zelda fanboy liking every game because “it’s zelda”. But man this game made me fall in love with the series. Botw is so fun and addicting! Everything just fits together from gameplay to the music etc... I haven’t even finished the game yet but i can say confidently thatFirst review i make on a game because this one definitely deserves it! I’ve never played a zelda game before so i’m not a zelda fanboy liking every game because “it’s zelda”. But man this game made me fall in love with the series. Botw is so fun and addicting! Everything just fits together from gameplay to the music etc... I haven’t even finished the game yet but i can say confidently that this game is a must play and one of my all time favorites! Expand
  34. Oct 6, 2020
    I finally picked up a switch after all these years and picked up BOTW, MarioKart, and Smash Brothers. The 3 quintessential Nintendo games. Since then I've barely touched Mariokart and Smash Brothers because I've been absolutely hooked on Zelda. This is definitely the best Zelda game I've played since the Snes days. I would say there are only 2 negatives for me with this game, which areI finally picked up a switch after all these years and picked up BOTW, MarioKart, and Smash Brothers. The 3 quintessential Nintendo games. Since then I've barely touched Mariokart and Smash Brothers because I've been absolutely hooked on Zelda. This is definitely the best Zelda game I've played since the Snes days. I would say there are only 2 negatives for me with this game, which are actually design decisions and not actual flaws:

first, the weapons simply break too fast. This is alleviated immensely with extra slots when you progress, but it's still very annoying when you run out of weapons and shields against a tough enemy. I always found myself hoarding good weapons for those surprise encounters against a Lynel or boss fights. I think a better system would have been to let us repair those weapons with stuff we find in the world, same as upgrading armor. Also, why doesn't the armor break? It doesn't make sense. But say you have a wodden Boko bow, you should be able to repair it using wood and Boko parts. Simple.

Ok Second, I love climbing around and I have no problem with the stamina wheel. But good God man to whoever decided that you can't climb during rain. I can't count the times I had a long tough climb, chugging elixirs all the way, getting right to the end and failing cuz it started to rain. LOL. This freaking happened all the time to me and I would go ape **** Seriously.

So that's it. The rest of the game is flawless. It sucks you in so bad you will not be able to put it down. It's the best open world game ever made. There is literally something to find in every corner of the world, which is huge. There are so many side quests and little missions to complete, I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish 100%. You can have a goal when you start playing only to get side tracked exploring some interesting areas and find hours have gone by.

Plus, this is one of the only games where the rules of the world totally make sense, so if you just think logically and try something it probably will work. Like the first time I realized that metal chest at the bottom of a river can simply be picked up with the magnet power. LOL, I spent at least half an hour trying to get that chest, and then it just dawned on me. I just got the magnet power right before this and sure enough I was able to latch on to the chest and pull it out of the water. LOL, I felt so dumb. That's just one example though. This game's puzzles are completely logical and it does not hold your hand, but let's you just work things out. I find that respect for the gamer very gratifying.

Kudos to Nintendo for making this masterpiece. It's amazing and almost perfect. Best game i've played in a very long time. I really hope Nintendo puts out the sequel soon and also really want a new Metroid adventure. Nintendo = Quality over Quantity always.
  35. Oaz
    Characters 8/10
    Combat 9/10
    Music 9/10
  36. Oct 5, 2020
    Pois é gente Zelda é Zelda, não tem como competir, sempre com visuais e jogabilidade impecáveis, além de proporcionar uma imersão gigantesca no mundo que eles criam.
  37. Oct 4, 2020
    Tiene un mundo inmenso y lleno de vida, la jugabilitat y control son perfectos, los santuarios creo que son un buen añadido y las mazmorras principales no se quedan atrás. Es perfecto.
  38. Oct 3, 2020
    I will start by saying that I have played every Zelda game, even the off-brand CD-i Games, And I have loved most of them, and at least liked all of them. This game is my least favorite zelda game by far. This game could have been so much more. It feels like they made a game, and just slapped "zelda" on it, without including what made LoZ great. Dungeons: There aren't any. The divine beastsI will start by saying that I have played every Zelda game, even the off-brand CD-i Games, And I have loved most of them, and at least liked all of them. This game is my least favorite zelda game by far. This game could have been so much more. It feels like they made a game, and just slapped "zelda" on it, without including what made LoZ great. Dungeons: There aren't any. The divine beasts just feel like shrines that are in a machine instead of an underground stone structure. The shrines/beasts themselves are very linear, but too small to make up for it. A lot of previous LoZ dungeons were linear, but you would get a cool item and have secrets to find. the shrines and korok seeds are the "rewards." There is no sense of accomplishment. Many people dislike the durability, but I actually find that to be one of the good things about the game. However, where are the tools and various items you aquire? Instead they give you a few tools within the first 20 minutes. IMHO, if I can fight the final boss and win within the first 2 hours of playing a game, that is a waste of my money. There is no feeling that link is becoming a better hero throughout the game. The only LoZ that had a worse story was link's crossbow training (lol). The characters had no depth to them, and it felt like the towns were there just for you to look at while walking up to the town leader to progress. This game focused everything on looks, and somehow ended up with an empty world still, and looks don't equate to gaming experience (just play OoT. Very angular graphics, phenomenal gameplay.) A lot of people praise the combat, but this game's combat is trash compared to TP and WW. The combat could be a lot better however with one thing: BUTTON MAPPING. They changed controls for SS, but that was for the wii, makes sense to be different. They then switched their controllers to have the same button placement as before, and then switched the controls. Why can't i swing my weapon with B? They said, let's make a LoZ game that's like an elder scrolls game, but we'll make the controls different than either of those. The controls are so unintuitive, it ruins the game. after beating the game to 100% twice (all shrines and all seeds, which is a waste of time), I still find myself pressing the wrong buttons constantly. I'm also very used to FromSoftware games as well, so It isn't a muscle memory thing. The button that feels like it should do something, it does something completely different. This could have been completely avoided if we could change the controls (you can switch jump to B and run to X,, but I don't want run to be x or b, or for jump to be x or b, so). It's a zelda game. Attack is B, period. with how many times I want to run and then jump, why can't the buttons be next to each other? The bosses suck. reskins of the same MF. And then, somehow fighting the final boss at full health right after leaving the plateau is easier than the other 4 you fight. If you say tools, bosses and dungeons aren't the reason you play Zelda, then you're an idiot and should play different games that are made for running around with no goal. They threw out everything that made me love zelda. I will check as much gameplay as possible before buying another zelda game (the reviews are clearly not reliable) because if the new zelda games are going to be more like this than previous titles, then I will have to say goodbye to playing zelda. Expand
  39. Oct 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest not played the game but watched 100% play through and it is large and open world but not like some of the other classic Zelda games with dungeons instead shrines just feel like puzzles and korok challenges are some side challenges not so interesting but still ok for the most part. I honestly liked the story for the most part with Link awakens after 100 years to take out the Mighty Calamity Ganon who gave up his physical form to take over the Kingdom of Hyrule and the Tri Force to become the ultimate demon God. Expand
  40. Oct 3, 2020
    The game for me is kind of 8.5 with tendency towards 9.0. In my opinion the game lacks a bit of graphical detail, the world feels vast but very empty. The beasts and temples are cleverly designed but repetitive nontheless which didnt carry my motivation towards the whole main story line. And although I understand that durability on items can help to uncover new weapons you would usuallyThe game for me is kind of 8.5 with tendency towards 9.0. In my opinion the game lacks a bit of graphical detail, the world feels vast but very empty. The beasts and temples are cleverly designed but repetitive nontheless which didnt carry my motivation towards the whole main story line. And although I understand that durability on items can help to uncover new weapons you would usually never use I feel this is not the best way to do it. Having unique weapons destroyed in a few hits feels unbalanced and I like having bonds to my equipment.

The boss monsters feel very ambivalent too. Although they are wholeheartedly designed the attack patterns are weak and very unspectacular. The radar is a nice addition but sometimes confused me more than it helped. I agree with opinions that you always uncover something new when you let your eyes strive through the world. This is something they designed very well and I appreciated that. It felt a little bit awkward that the game got so much praise when some of its basics use the very same game loop then your very hated Ubisoft open world game loop, best example are the towers to reveal the local area. They put some mechanical candy onto each tower but still that felt like a huge wtf-moment for me.

The weather and day/night-system was impressive to me. I hated that I had to cope with it but it felt like a cool addition and brought also some mechnical detail into the game. Overall the game is nice, it felt a little bit unnecessary long at times and the basic loops have the same negative impact then any other open world game to me. Despite what many people think (or maybe just tell themselves) I personally really hope that some day we get a more realistic Zelda on a game engine like UE5. Many people will hate me for this comment but I m sure the game will be even greater with a little bit more detail because the passion of the developers is obviously great but they are hindered by what the console can provide.
  41. Aug 1, 2019
    Pure masterpiece. This game is incredibly well made and polished with amazing world, characters, combat, environments,interactions with environment - enemies - characters, visuals, soundtrack, story. Literally everything is perfect. Must play if you own the Switch.
  42. Oct 3, 2020
    毫无疑问,这就是最好的塞尔达,甚至是最好的开放世界之一。ns上的最佳游戏
  43. Oct 1, 2020
    No other open-world game has kept me so interested and engaged like this one did. Truly a masterpiece.
  44. Oct 1, 2020
    "THE LORD IS MY HELPER"

"THE LORD IS MY HELPER"

I can't help but give this game a Zero score. I use a thermometer of sorts to evaluate a game and the case is that while playing BOTW the thermometer ... EJACULATED! So if there is barely any fluid remaining in the thermometer I think the grade for the game is like a ... ahn ... Zero. So, a 0-10 scale is not appropriate for this game so I recommend "100X Games" for that. Just type "www" followed by a dot then "100xgames" followed by another dot and then the usual "com" of many sites.

Yeah, this is the first time I think I give Zero to a game.

"ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOGAMES OF ALL-TIME, no doubt about it"

*Edited*
  45. Oct 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La primera ves que lo jugas es mágico, los paisajes son espectaculares, lo mejor es solo jugar y no enfocarte en nada, solo ir por el mundo, otra cosa increible es que cuando alguien te pide un favor podes decidir si hacerlo incluso si es principal o no. Definitivamente uno de los mejores juegos, tiene los mejores puzzles, simples pero complejos, los combates son fascinantes, la cantidad de cosas armas y enemigos es inmensa y la cantidad de objetos por ejemplo para cocinar es enorme. Expand
  46. Oct 1, 2020
    Un juego que rompe los esquemas tradicionales de Zelda innova y evoluciona y lo hace muy bien, gran arte visual, exploración desafío, excelente juego, mi primer juego de nintendo switch impresionante!
  47. Sep 30, 2020
    Nintendo makes a genius game, i finished it the second time, and i want to tell, that this game has very sptcific atmosphere. I did all missions befor i killed the GANON. Its very bad, because i want to play after the final mission, but you cant play more, U SHOULD PLAY NEW GAME. This game has a lot of characters and has a lot of stories about these characters, and its addictive you. OneNintendo makes a genius game, i finished it the second time, and i want to tell, that this game has very sptcific atmosphere. I did all missions befor i killed the GANON. Its very bad, because i want to play after the final mission, but you cant play more, U SHOULD PLAY NEW GAME. This game has a lot of characters and has a lot of stories about these characters, and its addictive you. One minus is "no gaming after final mission" Expand
  48. Sep 30, 2020
    There are people on here rating this extra high to make up for troll reviews. They aren't even troll reviews. They're legit. This is not trying to counter balance anything. 1/10 is my honest score. I love Nintendo and Zelda. Been playing both since 1986. If you like running around a vast empty space slowly, collecting items and doing some beyond basic, boring puzzles with poor graphics andThere are people on here rating this extra high to make up for troll reviews. They aren't even troll reviews. They're legit. This is not trying to counter balance anything. 1/10 is my honest score. I love Nintendo and Zelda. Been playing both since 1986. If you like running around a vast empty space slowly, collecting items and doing some beyond basic, boring puzzles with poor graphics and worse music then this is the game for you, that is practically all you do, run around an empty space. If you want the great graphics, music, gameplay, atmosphere, emotion, puzzles, bosses and dungeons synonymous with Zelda then save your money.

This isn't Zelda branching out and trying new ideas, it is just destroying what was an exceptional gaming franchise. The new ideas were all s**t. ALL. It literally brought nothing good and turned something incredibly engaging and fun that I would skip meals to carry on playing, to something I could have switched off at any time, never played again in my life and not be remotely bothered if I never saw anything BotW related again in my life.
  49. Sep 30, 2020
    Finally got a chance to play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and after 2 weeks, I am still loving it. 120 shrine puzzle challenges. That open world is done right imo and the weapons and combos and it just makes you understand you cant fight everything all the time. Every blade of grass and tree and mineral and element can be manipulated, plus an extensive cooking system I amFinally got a chance to play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and after 2 weeks, I am still loving it. 120 shrine puzzle challenges. That open world is done right imo and the weapons and combos and it just makes you understand you cant fight everything all the time. Every blade of grass and tree and mineral and element can be manipulated, plus an extensive cooking system I am discovering all kinds of gourmet meals. You can hit a tree, grab a fallen limb at it on fire and then light town lanterns it's just the best. Paragliding and rock climbing, swimming, and archery plus a wildlife camera mode and wild horses to find and sneak up on and tame. hrika Marie for transition back into the world. Masterpiece game. 11/10 Expand
  50. Sep 29, 2020
    Le he echado muchísimas horas y aún me queda mucho contenido por completar. De los juegos m´ñas completos y divertidos que he jugado.

Hay muchísimas posibilidades y cosas que hacer.
  51. Sep 28, 2020
    Legend Of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Platform: Nintendo Switch
    Tv: 4k Hdr enabled Samsung smart series with 1080p upscale Playtime: 110 hours To summarize this masterpiece I will list pros and cons Pros: 1. Massive open world that feels alive full of secrets and missions 2. Tons of collectibles and Easter eggs that pay homage to previous games 3. A robust and polished physics
    Legend Of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Platform: Nintendo Switch
    Tv: 4k Hdr enabled Samsung smart series with 1080p upscale
    Playtime: 110 hours

To summarize this masterpiece I will list pros and cons

Pros:
    1. Massive open world that feels alive full of secrets and missions
    2. Tons of collectibles and Easter eggs that pay homage to previous games
    3. A robust and polished physics engine ragdoll, movment, and rune abilities are smooth and well detailed.
  52. Sep 28, 2020
    Almost perfect. This game looks incredible, especially for a handheld, you can discover something new even after hundreds of hours of playing, partially thanks to the realistic physics engine. The world feels nearly infinite, and the soundtrack, while subtle, is quite beautiful when you hear it. My only complaint is that all the shrines and divine beasts aren't the best looking to beginAlmost perfect. This game looks incredible, especially for a handheld, you can discover something new even after hundreds of hours of playing, partially thanks to the realistic physics engine. The world feels nearly infinite, and the soundtrack, while subtle, is quite beautiful when you hear it. My only complaint is that all the shrines and divine beasts aren't the best looking to begin with, and they all use the same style. That's decently minor though, and this game 100% deserves its 97. Expand
  53. Sep 28, 2020
    Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is honestly the most beautiful video game I've ever played. The visuals are so unique and pleasing. Sometimes while I'm wandering random locations I find the right place at the right time and come across the most beautiful views, it's hard to believe that their not even real. Playing botw is so surreal and entertaining, you feel so involved andLegends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is honestly the most beautiful video game I've ever played. The visuals are so unique and pleasing. Sometimes while I'm wandering random locations I find the right place at the right time and come across the most beautiful views, it's hard to believe that their not even real. Playing botw is so surreal and entertaining, you feel so involved and interested in the game, and you never run out of stuff to do when there's seemingly endless tasks and missions to complete. The premise is so cool and the characters are great too. I also love the exploring and travelling aspect of the game. All the villages are so unique and cool with their own aesthetics and resources that you may need. Finding all the special horses and exploring the map is also very fun even though it's probably considered an optional aspect of the game. Overall I really really love this game and would recommend to anybody of any age or interests. There is definetly a reason it has a score of 97 from critics. Breath of the Wild is the closest you'll likely get to a perfect video game. Expand
  54. Sep 27, 2020
    Breath of the wild is one of the grandest games ever. The scope of this album is far greater than most games could dream of. It's jam-packed with side quests, easter eggs, and shrines.
  55. Sep 25, 2020
    Trust me, when you first fire this game up, your little ******' nuts are gonna start quakin' buddy. Your little nuts are gonna be quakin'. YeEEAAH YEEEAAAAAAH. YEAAAAHH! You're gonna shoot ***! YOu'Re g0NNA sH0oT CÜM! You're gonna shoot HOT ***! EVERYWHERE! And that's a promise. That's a promise, folks. That's a ******* promise right there. You're gonna shoot ****** hot **** all over yourTrust me, when you first fire this game up, your little ******' nuts are gonna start quakin' buddy. Your little nuts are gonna be quakin'. YeEEAAH YEEEAAAAAAH. YEAAAAHH! You're gonna shoot ***! YOu'Re g0NNA sH0oT CÜM! You're gonna shoot HOT ***! EVERYWHERE! And that's a promise. That's a promise, folks. That's a ******* promise right there. You're gonna shoot ****** hot **** all over your Switch, all over your joycons and pro controller. I swear to God. That you will bust a nut the first time you play clap that's my money back guarantee. If you don't bust a nut the first time you play, message me. Expand
  56. Sep 25, 2020
    Massivley overhyped souless empty open world type of game. People who give it 10/10 are prob the same people who think PewDiePie is the most charmismatic man in the media.

It has no soul.
  57. Sep 24, 2020
    This game manages to out perform the likes of Terraria, Minecraft, GTA, and other games in the fact that it is a true masterpiece, it is truly a combination of the open world and compelling fights and story that make this the best game of the century thus far. The music adds a whole extra layer of immersion onto the game as well. The people who are giving this game a terrible rating areThis game manages to out perform the likes of Terraria, Minecraft, GTA, and other games in the fact that it is a true masterpiece, it is truly a combination of the open world and compelling fights and story that make this the best game of the century thus far. The music adds a whole extra layer of immersion onto the game as well. The people who are giving this game a terrible rating are being extremely biased and not looking at the game for what it truly is, a work of beautiful art. Expand
  58. Sep 24, 2020
    Every direction you go there is something catching your interest. Therefore you are making your way through Hyrule being guided by whatever lies in the horizon. Often it´s nothing more than a summit you want to climb. But the journey just such a fun act. And when you´re on top you look back at what you just have accomplished. Afterwards you let your eyes wander searching for your next goalEvery direction you go there is something catching your interest. Therefore you are making your way through Hyrule being guided by whatever lies in the horizon. Often it´s nothing more than a summit you want to climb. But the journey just such a fun act. And when you´re on top you look back at what you just have accomplished. Afterwards you let your eyes wander searching for your next goal and then, finally, jump off the mountain gliding to wherever you´d like to go.

10/10. (Btw it´s worth the 70€ price tag)
  59. Sep 24, 2020
    Juego espectacular , misiones difíciles, jefes variables , el mundo abierto es perfecto , los puzzles van de fáciles a complicados . El juego perfecto y re jugable una vez terminada
  60. Sep 23, 2020
    Excelente narrativa, historia de personajes secundarios perfecta, introducción de nuevas mecánicas de juego, leyes de física al 100, un verdadero mundo abierto, super revolucionario en fin que se puede decir del mejor juego de la decada
  61. Sep 23, 2020
    The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild es uno de los mejores juegos existentes, con una gran historia con personajes con una buena evolución, pero lo que más destaca de este gran título es su gran y extenso mundo, muchos lo consideran vacío pero está repleto de interracciones y secretos, es mundo que refleja soledad, esto lo hace de una manera espectacular debido ha que es una parte de laThe Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild es uno de los mejores juegos existentes, con una gran historia con personajes con una buena evolución, pero lo que más destaca de este gran título es su gran y extenso mundo, muchos lo consideran vacío pero está repleto de interracciones y secretos, es mundo que refleja soledad, esto lo hace de una manera espectacular debido ha que es una parte de la historia lo que lo causa, un gran juego para ser recordado por lo que es: “Una Leyenda” Expand
  62. Sep 23, 2020
    This game is nearly perfect:
    - Beautiful open world.
    - Great controls.
    - More than 200 hrs of gameplay.
    - The story is good, not like the previous Zelda games but is fine.
    - The bosses are a bit dissapointing, I hope better ones in the sequel.
    I fell in love with this game.
  63. Sep 23, 2020
    Undoubtedly the best open world game so far. While it isn't flawless, to dwell on those flaws would be a disservice to how revolutionary and one of a kind the game is. I'm exited to see how Nintendo handles the sequel.
  64. Sep 22, 2020
    This game is an absolute masterpiece and is a must buy for any switch owner. The story isn’t the best, but the lore is interesting and can’t wait to see it fleshed out in the upcoming prequel and sequel. It’s just fun to mess around in and the puzzles are absolutely amazing. Definitely in my personal top 5 games of all time.
  65. Sep 22, 2020
    Amei um jogo tem um vasto mundo gigantesco e várias Quests secundárias para fazer é um incrível jogo e não é à toa que ele tem uma nota 97 um dos melhores jogos que eu já joguei a Nintendo é fera
  66. Sep 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game has a great open world that will keep you playing for hours. The game has so many elements and things that make it great. Expand
  67. Sep 22, 2020
    Este juego es la perfeccion en cuanto a juegos de mundo abierto y una revolucion en cuanto a la saga de The Legend Of Zelda se refiere. Excelente en todos los aspectos.
  68. Sep 20, 2020
    Best Game of the generation, massive exploration, excelent gameplay, the pinnacle of adventure game
  69. Sep 20, 2020
    This is hands down the greatest game I’ve played since Ocarina of Time. I have played thousands of hours and still continue to be addicted to this game.
  70. Sep 19, 2020
    The legend of Zelda BOTW it's a amazing is the best version in a history of the legend.
  71. Sep 19, 2020
    Me encanto fue mi primer juego de este tipo y vale bastante la pena comprarlo
  72. Sep 19, 2020
    Great open world with open game mechanics, but the world feels a bit empty.
  73. Sep 19, 2020
    Took me two whole years to beat this game because I simply didn't want it to end. It's the very definition of a system-seller game, and I couldn't imagine a better console to play it on. My 60+ hours were spent on the TV, lying in bed, on my breaks at work, on an airplane... Wherever I was, I always felt at peace with the world they gave me to discover.

I love the cell-shaded graphics.

I love the cell-shaded graphics. Like most other Zelda entries, I think the art style will prove to be timeless and never really look dated. The open-world "choose your own order" was such a fantastic change in the formula that I'm very close to saying this is the best Legend of Zelda game. It has the full scope of the original NES game but with the mechanics of later entries, and some of the best storytelling the franchise has ever had. The only thing that really holds it back as my favorite entry, is that the bosses felt too easy and didn't require enough strategy. In fact, my favorite aspect of the previous Zelda games was aquiring new items and using them in specific ways to defeat the bosses. Breath of the Wild definitely compensates for this by having updated combat, a larger arsenal of breakable weapons, and the slate abilities, and it's more than rewarding in the context of the game. Breakable weapons and shields was a bit annoying at first, but I think it made the experience more strategic, and the game would've been far too easy if they didn't break. I did make it my goal to get the rechargable Master Sword as soon as possible, so that could be why I'm easier on the mechanic than others. But it consequently hinders the boss battles, which feel more like a family-friendly Dark Souls that require nothing more than patience and well-placed dodges, as opposed to the classic Zelda bosses that felt more like solving an evolving puzzle.

That was my only disappointment though. The exploration reached an unprecedented height. The story was grim and somber, but also contemplative and occasionally triumphant. The music is beautifully understated; a pretty rare treat when most games have such bombastic scores. Every character and location shined drastically in their own way. It was a joy to lose myself in Hyrule again, and I can't wait to return for Breath of the Wild 2.
  74. Sep 18, 2020
    (BOTW main theme plays)
    (Kass's Theme plays)
    (Gerudo Valley Plays)
    Yeah, good game
  75. Sep 18, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game experience I have ever had in my life. Breath of the Wild is something else; way different from the other series. I got this game around 10 months ago, and I have already beat the game twice. This game definitely contains things from the other Zelda games, but one thing it has in it that makes it so good is... open world.

Now when you look at any other Zelda game, none of them are really open world and let you get to do whatever you want to. This however, is different. The open world in this game makes it SO GOOD. The map is huge; with plenty to explore and go collect all of the shrines.

Now the story is very good. From starting out at the plateau, to beating Ganon, there is a story to lead you on your way and do whatever you want between. Heck, you can go strait to Ganon if you want. There is lots of quests and little cutscenes through the game.

My favorite part were all of the villages. I loved at first exploring and finding the many villages and talking to the NPC's. I loved to do all of the side quests and the Divine Beasts. We also can't forget about the DLC.

Master Mode is great. It gives a nice extra challenge that will have you a hard time. No more Red Bokoblins or anything. Monsters and bosses also regenerate health, and that makes it even more hard.

The Champion's Ballad is also great. Finding and rebeating all of the bosses was really fun to do. You get to do mini-challenges on your way to fighting all the Blights' again. Then, you get faster regens on the powers which is nice. The One-Hit-Obliterator was also a blast. It was definitely a challenge, but it was awesome. Also the 5th Divine Beast was cool. Monk Maz Koshia was probably the hardest boss at the end. But at least you get a cool bike after you finish him.

The Master Trials are really fun. The around 50 stages are very fun and also challenging to complete. Each stage gets harder and you have to use only the resources around you.

There is so much more to this game than what I said in this simple review. Definitely worth the money and can't wait for the sequel.
  76. Sep 17, 2020
    Perfect. My favorite game of all time for me. I love this game so much. Thank you Nintendo for this masterpiece.
  77. Sep 17, 2020
    the best game I have played in years, exploration, if fantastic the combat fun and addicting,the story is the weak element, but everything elce just makes up for it.
  78. Sep 16, 2020
    This game is truly a masterpiece. Everything about it from the music to the characters to the incredible world that Nintendo has created is phenomenal. If you have a switch you should have this game because it is undoubtedly the best on the system so far.
  79. Sep 16, 2020
    Probably the closest humanity will come to a perfect videogame, this is the reason videogames are art
  80. Sep 15, 2020
    worst game of all time bad controls and useless story cant make it through the first level of the game without throwing my tv at the window.I want a refund for this piece of trash
  81. Sep 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say? The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild really has given me a new perspective on Zelda gsmes and open world games in general. Im gonna say somthing crazy BOTW is the best Open world game I ever played and trust me Ive played em all from Skyrim to the Witcher 3. This is one of the best Zeldas Ive played Since OOT on N64. If smebody told me that Nintendo would make a open world Zelda game as a kid I would have cried. All I can Say is thank you Nintendo. I grew up on N64 and now the Switch.
    So Is BOTW a 10/10? Hell yes it is. Im blown away that Nintendo did open world game this good on there first attempt and you bet your ass im getting the sequal in 2021!!!
  82. Sep 14, 2020
    One of my favourite games ever! The gameplay, combat, cutscenes and dlc are near-perfect! And some people have a problem with the story but in my opinion, I really liked it! maybe because this is my first Legend of zelda game, also the soundtracks in this game is the best soundtracks i have ever heard! Nintendo, Good job! Continue on this path! I can't wait for the prequel and sequel!
  83. Sep 13, 2020
    More than three years on and I still find myself thinking about this game. A true masterpiece that will stay with me forever.
  84. Sep 13, 2020
    What a way to be introduced to the series.

The good:
    - beautiful presentation
    - amazing sense of freedom
    - the physics make interacting with the world so much fun
    - the world is varied and full of secrets
    - shrines offer easy but enjoyable puzzles

The bad:
    - despite being fun the combat is a bit rough around the edges
    - boss fights were underwhelming
    - forgettable story
  85. Sep 13, 2020
    The breakable weapon system is really annoying, it's unacceptable, totally unrealistic. I just wanted to stop playing this game because of this "bug".

After ending the game I have to say, the history is really bad too, Nintendo is living from the past.

With you don't have problems with this minecraft like system, consider a 7 here.
  86. Sep 13, 2020
    This is the best Zelda game of all time & maybe the best switch game ever.. Don't listen to all these low scores because they're wrong.
  87. Sep 13, 2020
    one of the best games that I have played, graphics are unique, the story is very good, side missions even better, has most amount of mechanics I have seen in a game and I still learn stuff with 75h and still havent finished main story line because everything else is just as good as it, that were pros there are more but they dont stand out, and what I dont like about the game is that linkone of the best games that I have played, graphics are unique, the story is very good, side missions even better, has most amount of mechanics I have seen in a game and I still learn stuff with 75h and still havent finished main story line because everything else is just as good as it, that were pros there are more but they dont stand out, and what I dont like about the game is that link looks very femish, I get that you are trying to make him be relatable for both man and woman but dressing like a woman (gerudo town) is kinda bit too much if you ask me, game isnt too difficult enemy patterns are easy to predict but some like gurdian beams are very hard and havent played master mode so I give it a pass and you have to spend like 4-5 weapons on strong enemys like linels which is really stupid if you ask me and other than that good game would recommend 93/100 Expand
  88. Sep 12, 2020
    This is quite possibly the best game of the 2010's. Not only is the gameplay incredible, the way that the game immerses you in the story and atmosphere like no other game.
  89. Sep 12, 2020
    Ain't no one gonna complain about the hilarious voice acting anymore? About how the Switch launch game is just a delayed Wii U game that doesn't even support 900p, Running at 30FPS? The story? The story is, that the story happened in the past. I'm a genius writer. Now buy the other 2 Breath Of The Wild games lol. Graphics? Well, our Fans say that graphics do not affect the game play,Ain't no one gonna complain about the hilarious voice acting anymore? About how the Switch launch game is just a delayed Wii U game that doesn't even support 900p, Running at 30FPS? The story? The story is, that the story happened in the past. I'm a genius writer. Now buy the other 2 Breath Of The Wild games lol. Graphics? Well, our Fans say that graphics do not affect the game play, however graphics affcet the gameplay but we don't care about that. Enjoy the washed out colors. I'm still talking about a full priced title. Yeah Its 2020. You can buy DLC as well! Yay only in a bundle tho give us your money. Aw man. Expand
  90. Sep 12, 2020
    Excelente juego, una obra maestra de nintendo. Un juego que rompe los esquemas de la saga Zelda y de los juegos de mundo abierto
  91. Sep 12, 2020
    This is my new favorite game of all time.

This is my new favorite game of all time.

Does it have it's issues? Of course, severe lack of story, items breaking too quickly, frame rate drops, and half-assed voice acting are the things that bugged me the most. The story really left me wanting more. Characters often speak of the epic battle that took down Hyrule's strongest warriors 100 years ago, but you never get to see any of the battle. It really was a missed opportunity, but I'm happy to see Nintendo is going all in after the new Hyrule Warriors announcement. Items breaking too quickly sucks, especially because stasis uses weapon durability which makes me hate having to use it for shrines. The frame rate does drop during larger battles and bomb arrows in particular caused turbulence. Although it's definitely noticeable it isn't game breaking and after all you are playing a console quality game on handheld so I let it slide. My final criticism is the voice acting. I felt like it feels extremely out of place. Nintendo should have either left voice acting out of the game or made every word voice acted. Instead they decided to just give the story cut scenes voice acting. It feels very out of place and breaks immersion completely.

However, those are minor details when you just look at how incredibly fun and exciting this game really is. The combat is wonderful, there is an almost endless amount of things to do, and the art style and music are wonderful. The combat is very fun. I really liked how there aren't any big gimmicks. You don't focus on stealth or have any major special abilities, you kind of just get to whack guys with swords and I really liked it. The amount of content in this game is incredible. There are so many side quests, shrines, and koroks you could easily play this for hundreds of hours. I also really liked the art style. It has this really pretty cell shaded look with bright colors that pop. The animations and character models are all on point too. I know that there are some criticisms when it comes to the music that I can understand, but I personally feel like it fits the game perfectly.

What this game does so perfectly though is exploration and freedom of choice. There are very few things that this game requires you to do. You just have to beat the tutorial and beat Gannon. Sure there are the divine beasts that are the intended way to play the game, but you don't need to if you don't want to. You get to do what you want to do. And I think that that's what makes this game so good. You want to go over to that shrine over there? Do it or don't. I'm not your mom, I don't care. You want to talk to that guy and help him? Okay go ahead, or don't. You want to explore those mountains? Sure, go ahead. You get to do what you want, when you want, and how you want. And that's why this game is so special, it is pure freedom and I love it.

This game is a must play by my standards. 10/10
  92. Sep 9, 2020
    This is indeed one of the best games i have ever played. this game has a good chunk of content to play through and is the best looking game that i own!!!
  93. Sep 8, 2020
    I played this game twice. For the first time, I didn´t play the DLCs. Now I do, almost, everything. This game is a "must play" experience. Really awesome how things were connected.
  94. Sep 8, 2020
    This game has provided me with the best Nintendo Switch experience ever, the amount of replay value keeps you coming back. This game is a true masterpiece, and is the reason I'm a zelda fan in the first place. I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you give this game a shot if you're considering picking it up, even if you're not a big fan of the zelda series, you'll most certainly love thisThis game has provided me with the best Nintendo Switch experience ever, the amount of replay value keeps you coming back. This game is a true masterpiece, and is the reason I'm a zelda fan in the first place. I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you give this game a shot if you're considering picking it up, even if you're not a big fan of the zelda series, you'll most certainly love this game. Best zelda in my opinion Expand
  95. Sep 8, 2020
    The worst RPG ever. Expectations: interesting old school game similar with Morrowind or another open world title.
    Reality: bad gameplay, boring plot and grind-grind-grind. HORSES!!! I hate horses in this game
  96. Sep 7, 2020
    It is the best game I have played in ten years. The last time I am so excited about a video game is at 2006 when World of Warcraft is released.
  97. Sep 7, 2020
    just feel like the best gift you could image from god . No doubt the greatest game of all time !!
  98. Sep 7, 2020
    This is one of the best games ever created, and only Gerald of Rivia can say the word against Link. Truly masterpiece with absolutely perfect open world, beautiful story and astonishing graphics.
  99. Sep 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Топ игра. Отличный открытый мир в котором чувствуется невероятная свободность. Минусы игры это быстрая усталость, быстро ломаются оружия и плохо передана атмосфера конца света. А в остальном всё на высшем уровне. Expand
  100. Sep 6, 2020
    Excelente título fue uno de los zeldas que más me gustó principalmente su mundo abierto y todas las cosas que puedes hacer ahi

Universal acclaim - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]