8.4

1. Sep 20, 2019
    Siendo un super-fanático-enférmo de PlayStation, debo reconocer el gran trabajo de Nintendo creando este Remaster, sin duda una gran obra.
  2. Sep 22, 2019
    TL;DR at bottom

Full disclosure, Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game; not the "best" Zelda game per se but it's my personal favorite. The remake of Link's Awakening is an excellent homage to the original game. The changes, very small though they are, are welcome, bringing what was once a bland color palette with sprites that we had to use our imagination to flesh out the
    TL;DR at bottom

The remake of Link's Awakening is an excellent homage to the original game. The changes, very small though they are, are welcome, bringing what was once a bland color palette with sprites that we had to use our imagination to flesh out the world into a vibrant, colorful, detailed world.

The story and most of the dialogue are unchanged from the original/GBC re-release. It's a strange game with characters from several other Nintendo franchises making appearances. The overworld is now one continuous open world to explore but nothing in the layout has been changed right down to each blade of grass. The dungeons still follow the one screen per room design of the original game which is used to create the new mode, Dungeon Maker. Some of the dungeons have been tweaked to be more user friendly in 2019 but nothing of any significance is lost.

Some of the changes include dedicated buttons for sword and shield, as well as the Pegasus Boots and not having to equip the Power Bracelet to life objects, similar to how the Power Glove worked in A Link to the Past. These are very welcome changes, one of my biggest complaints of the original game was opening up the menu every few seconds to swap items. This change helps eliminate a LOT of menu swapping. There are also fairy bottles now which allow you to store a fairy for later similar to the rest of the games in the series. Small changes to the dungeons were made to bring the game into the modern era, very minor changes to increase quality of life. Some heart piece locations have been moved as well.

The most major change is obviously the graphics. The toy/toon style might not be for everyone but it is perfect for the most obscure of the Zelda titles. I've played exclusively in handheld mode so far and noticed a few hiccups in the frame rate when in the overworld, the dungeons hold a consistent frame rate. My only, ONLY complaint about the game is that the edges of the screen in the overworld are blurred. I understand the reason for the design decision given the games story but it makes the screen feel a lot smaller and feels unnecessary. It wouldn't even be an issue if there was an option to turn it off but alas there is not. This is a minor complaint and the only thing that's keeping me from giving this game a perfect 10. Maybe I'll feel different when I play it in docked mode. I'll update if that's the case.

It's not an incredibly long game but it is a fun one and one that any fan of the Zelda series should try. The puzzles are unique and the original spawned a lot of the Zelda series staples, such as fishing, the trading sequence and Kaepora Gabora (sp?) the owl.

I honestly haven't messed with the dungeon maker at this point, I've been too busy reliving my childhood. The game definitely feels like it belongs in 2019 with a retro twist, similar to Bloodstained.

TL;DR
    A great remake of a classic game with welcome quality of life improvements. Definitely worth playing if you're a fan of top down Zelda games
  3. Sep 23, 2019
    An amazing game. Remade for a new generation. Does it lag in certain spots? Yes. Does it matter? No. The game is stunning, simple and maybe most important it's fun. If you have a switch get this game. 9.5 /10
  4. Sep 23, 2019
    This game have the essence of the original TLOZ Links Awakening released on the GameBoy, it is basically the same game with a new look, it don't have much innovations in comparison of the original but the 2 action buttons and the possibility of mark your objectives in the map
    The new chibi style make them look like toys, it look beautiful, all the game looks like a set of toys
    If you
    If you played a TLOZ before you actually know that the game is very simple and easy at the beginning, but it gets harder and harder while you advance in the game
    The remixes of the 8 bit songs and all the sound in general are pretty good
    If the game actually have a frame rate drop, i didn't notice it, so for me its not a big deal
  5. Sep 23, 2019
    Pretty good looking and tons of fun to play. However some irrational design due to its age.
  6. Nov 8, 2019
    It's a beautiful game. You never get tired of playing it. You should try this game
  7. Oct 10, 2019
    Link's Awakening's remake is a good game with a lot of interesting tweaks to set it apart from the original. I just don't feel it is as great as it once was. Like I'd rather be playing A Link to the Past than this. Link's Awakening was a fantastic game for its system, I just didn't need a remake of it for $60, the same price that I can get better games for the same price.
  8. Oct 9, 2019
    Buen juego aunque deberían mejorar la caída de los FPS y el difuminado de bordes es algo exagerado. Por lo demás, juego increíble y muy recomendado.
  9. Oct 8, 2019
    Great game! I enjoyed every minute of it.

Pros: Cute graphics Great soundtrack The game does a good job of grabbing your attention Cons The dungeon arranging is not what it could be and adds nothing to the game. It needs to be expanded. Not too much new--this is an old game remade and in my opinion that means it can't take full advantage of the new features designed to
    Great game! I enjoyed every minute of it.

Pros:

Cute graphics
    Great soundtrack
    The game does a good job of grabbing your attention

Cons
    Not too much new--this is an old game remade and in my opinion that means it can't take full advantage of the new features designed to enhance gameplay.

Yes, the overworld's edges are blurry, but after the first five minutes of play, I stopped noticing it. Yes it's a short game (I beat it in fifteen hours and it was my first time playing the game), but it's meant to be a separate experience from BOTW. It compliments BOTW well. While it doesn't have the depth in gameplay or customization as BOTW, it has a memorable soundtrack and compelling characters that BOTW lacks. The sounds in Link's awakening are surprisingly satisfying--I don't recall ever enjoying hitting moblins as much as I did in this game.

I would not want more games like this even though I'm a huge Zelda fan. I enjoyed Grezzo's work, but I've heard people asking for Game Boy Color games to be remade into these graphics. While I wouldn't be averse to having ports of those games to the Switch, I'd sooner have a new handheld-based Zelda game because of the price of the game.

Again, it's a fun game and I would recommend it.
  10. Oct 10, 2019
    Never played the originals but always enjoy any Zelda game I do play. Loved this one, was a great filler game to fill in time while I waited for dq11 to release
  11. Oct 29, 2019
    Remember playing this when i was 8 and it's lots of fun to go back! World looks great and the nostalgia is 10/10.

Small changes make a big improvement (dear lord the fast travel is a plus) and i like not being led by the nose to each objective.

It's obviously nothing new and Zelda games have moved on; but, an enjoyable few weeks of travel to work for anyone buying this.
  12. Mar 24, 2020
    Whoever had the (possibly nutty sounding) idea of super deforming Link’s Awakening for the Switch remake, had a moment of genius. Yes, while it’s true the original was already basically “chino,” that was only because it was following in suit with the current style - both the old NES original and the one being worked on for the SNES (A Link to the Past). But think about it. NintendoWhoever had the (possibly nutty sounding) idea of super deforming Link’s Awakening for the Switch remake, had a moment of genius. Yes, while it’s true the original was already basically “chino,” that was only because it was following in suit with the current style - both the old NES original and the one being worked on for the SNES (A Link to the Past). But think about it. Nintendo could’ve gone full “Link Between Worlds” style with this, and they chose not to. By doing so, it makes this Zelda game stand aside from all other top-down “Legends,” as it should be. In the end, this Zelda game is completely detached, for reasons I won’t state so as not to spoil the game, from all the other Zelda games. You understand this if you’ve played it before.

As for the game:

• Story: 8/10 (mostly due to the tropey ending, which I still love anyway, but understand “it’s nothing new”)
    • Music: 10/10 (there’s a whole YouTube video dedicated to what is specifically incredible about this Zelda soundtrack, and the remade version is so much nicer)
    • Sound: 10/10 (everything sounds great this time around)
    • Controls: 10/10 (nothing new, just smoother now)
    • Gameplay: 10/10 (Hero Mode is Hero Mode; great job)
    • Visuals: 8/10 (little FPS drops when exiting/entering locations which CAN be a slight issue if you don’t adjust quickly enough when enemies abound)

All in all, a wonderful remake that should actually cost $40-$50 instead of full game price.

That being said... Take note, SquEnix: This is how you remake a game (looking at you, “Mana” series).
  13. Oct 21, 2019
    A beautiful game that has a wonderful old-school simplicity, where the only survival mechanic is how many hearts you have. Feels a bit over-priced at £50, but hey ho, it's Nintendo, they have a habit of being the most expensive games on the market.
  14. Nov 3, 2019
    Link's Awakening is the cutest game I've ever played. The art style is just adorable, and it hides a story that's actually quite morally grey. This is a really fun Zelda game that's a blast to play all the way through. Thanks to its relative brevity and overall structure, I was always engaged and never bored. Some of the dungeons are a little forgettable but they're all undoubtedly a goodLink's Awakening is the cutest game I've ever played. The art style is just adorable, and it hides a story that's actually quite morally grey. This is a really fun Zelda game that's a blast to play all the way through. Thanks to its relative brevity and overall structure, I was always engaged and never bored. Some of the dungeons are a little forgettable but they're all undoubtedly a good time with puzzles that present a decent level of challenge.

The music, as with most Zelda games, is fantastic, and the presentation of Link's Awakening just oozes charm, so it ends up being one of the best looking games I've played in a long time.

The only drawbacks are that there are noticeable frame rate drops, and that the new dungeon maker mode could have been fleshed out a bit more. It could've done with more features and online functionality to let you share your dungeons, but even as it stands it's still nice to have. In the end, it was hard not to love Link's Awakening. This is another excellent Zelda game and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.
  15. Mar 2, 2020
    This game is no longer up to the current standards, for anyone who wants to appreciate a good classic this is the chance
  16. Oct 29, 2019
    Soy fan de la saga desde Nintendo 64, así que agradezco mucho a Nintendo este remake y poder jugar a esta maravilla a día de hoy. Este juego demuestra que importa más un apartado visual bonito y bien trabajado antes que unos gráficos hiperrealistas. (Al menos para mí.)

Al principio, el juego me pareció demasiado sencillo y muy “paseo”. Que equivocado estaba… Creo que es el Zelda en el que más me he perdido y he pasado ratos dando vueltas buscando como seguir… Sobre todo porque me he negado a buscar guías en internet y así intentar tener una experiencia lo más parecida a la GameBoy en su día.

¡La única pega que le tengo que poner es que me ha sabido a demasiado poco!
  17. Nov 5, 2019
    #DashReviews

One of the most famous and well-received games on the Gameboy is back with a complete remake on Nintendo Switch. From updated graphics to the new quality of life changes to the gameplay, does Link’s Awakening (2019) live up to the original or does it take to many missteps along the way? Link is sailing across uncharted waters when suddenly his raft is struck by lightning
    #DashReviews

Link is sailing across uncharted waters when suddenly his raft is struck by lightning and he wakes up on a mysterious island with a giant egg in the center of it. He meets Marin, a young girl who lives on the island tells Link about the legend of the Wind Fish and how awakening this creature might help him escape the island. Much like the original game, the story is simple and to the point. The new setting that Link finds himself in is very different and almost dream-like compared to other games in the franchise While most of the story is told at the beginning and end of the adventure, there are many small interactions between well-written characters and even touching moments within these interactions. Don’t expect this to be a grand adventure like in previous titles since its story is more like a peaceful and calm dream, which ties heavily into the game’s theme and atmosphere. The story is a fun, bite-sized adventure in the world of The Legend of Zelda.

The gameplay is very similar to past entries that deal with the top-down perspective approach. You go through the world, trying to find dungeons and then solving the mysterious within to get one step closer to your goal of awakening the Wind Fish. This game truly harkens back to the Gameboy days, since you are not given many hints when solving puzzles and I got stumped at least once or twice throughout my 15-hour playthrough. It feels satisfying solving the puzzles and getting to the next part of the game. There was never a time I felt frustrated at any point in the game. The whole experience was nothing but fun from beginning to end. With that said, veterans that played the original might not find much challenge if they remember the solutions due to all puzzles being the same. If I had any nitpick it would be that switching items can be a bit of a pain since you have to contently swap items in a pause menu. It would be nice if they gave the option to swap items using the d-pad instead. A slight annoyance but nothing too major. The only new addition to the game is a dungeon creator but this mode is a little bare bones. You have to collect room pieces throughout the campaign and these pieces can be arranged in any order to make a dungeon. With very limited tools to create with and a lack of online sharing, I could see this being nothing more than a fun little distraction from the main story that you might fiddle with once and never again. Despite these flaws, this does not take away from the incredible light-hearted adventure.

This is not one of the most technically impressive games on the Switch but it does not try to be. The game tries to capture the feeling of playing a Gameboy game with modern HD graphics that we would expect from this console. It runs at a consistent 30 FPS but due to the simple graphics, I’m surprised it does not run at a full 60 FPS. This is combined with the fact that the open world does not look as good as it should due to weird draw distances that make the bottom of the screen blurry when traversing any open landscape. The rest of the game does not have this issue so it’s weird to see such a thing on a simplistic game. The soundtrack is amazing and perfectly captures the essence of a small game like this. I think this game needs a bit of polish on the technical side of things but these small flaws are something you will get used to throughout the course of the game.

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (2019) reminds me why the original Zelda games are such classics and why there is still a place for them next to bigger endeavors like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The game has minor presentation issues and some more quality of life mechanics could have been added but this is still a solid game. This game is worth 60 dollars despite its short run time due to the time and effort that was put in this remake. If you’re not a huge Zelda fan, you could wait for a discount but I would recommend a purchase as soon as you get the chance.

Pros:
    +Simple and Fun Story
    +Great Exploration and Puzzles
    +Great Soundtrack

Con
    -Minor Technical Issues
  18. Mar 20, 2020
    An excellent remake, pulsing with charm and innovation in sound engineering and art style, leaving almost everything else intact. The only but, is the new dungeon maker mode, which is surprisingly unpolished. Nothing game breaker of course. A must buy for any Zelda fan or anyone who played and liked the original.
  19. Feb 17, 2020
    Great game! I need more remakes like this one especially of other games from The Legend of Zelda Series!
  20. Oct 25, 2019
    El mejor remake en lo que llevamos de generacion.
    Una autentica maravilla, realizado con muchisima fidelidad y mimo.
    Obra maestra
  21. Nov 1, 2019
    I enjoyed this game but it has several minor issues. For one, I’m not entirely sure why they decided to interrupt gameplay everytime you collect a power up. Mario doesn’t halt his momentum whenever he grabs a mushroom or star power. I like the idea behind the power ups but I found myself avoiding them most of the time for this reason. Another problem was the jumping felt very clunky.I enjoyed this game but it has several minor issues. For one, I’m not entirely sure why they decided to interrupt gameplay everytime you collect a power up. Mario doesn’t halt his momentum whenever he grabs a mushroom or star power. I like the idea behind the power ups but I found myself avoiding them most of the time for this reason. Another problem was the jumping felt very clunky. There was a point in the game after acquiring the Pegasus boots where I jumped onto an island and couldn’t get back! Thankfully I found a YouTube video to get me back on land but that is not something I ever experienced in a Zelda game before. I also noticed the frame rate would dip whenever I left a house.

On a positive note, I really enjoyed the game’s dungeons. Eagles tower in particular was a really fun dungeon to solve and the puzzles in Turtle Rock left me scratching my head a few times as well. The game looks and feels very charming just like the Zelda franchise is known for. The dungeon creation tool was a neat concept that added an extra layer of gameplay to an otherwise pretty short game.

So in conclusion, I would suggest waiting a few months for the game to come on sale before buying it and perhaps Nintendo will fix some of the issues between now and then. Thanks for reading.
  22. Mar 24, 2020
    I really love this game, the cartoony art style is great for a rather wacky game like this and the map itself is not that big so it's easy to traverse it, and yet there are a lot of stuff condensed into it, with 32 heart pieces and 50 secret seashells. Even then there are 9 warp points you can find on places of the map and about halfway in the game you can learn Manbo's Song on yourI really love this game, the cartoony art style is great for a rather wacky game like this and the map itself is not that big so it's easy to traverse it, and yet there are a lot of stuff condensed into it, with 32 heart pieces and 50 secret seashells. Even then there are 9 warp points you can find on places of the map and about halfway in the game you can learn Manbo's Song on your ocarina which can warp you to a warp point. Another thing is that you really feel connected to the characters throughout the game, which makes the ending that more impactful when you have to leave them behind. My only problems with this game is that the loading screens are a tad long and sometimes when you enter a new area the frame rate drops for a few seconds. In the future if Nintendo's next console has backwards compatibitly with the switch then this would be a 10/10 game. Expand
  23. Oct 30, 2019
    I did not play the original because of the control limitation, so I really looking forward to this remake. It's a grand adventure in a not-so-grand island. One disappointment I have with this is that the game leave some button on the Switch unused. It would have been better if I can equip more than 2 items at a time. The dungeon builder is disappointing too, the lack there of manualI did not play the original because of the control limitation, so I really looking forward to this remake. It's a grand adventure in a not-so-grand island. One disappointment I have with this is that the game leave some button on the Switch unused. It would have been better if I can equip more than 2 items at a time. The dungeon builder is disappointing too, the lack there of manual connection of the stairs make it a pain to build a dungeon. Expand
  24. Oct 20, 2019
    Overall, despite my occasional frustrations, I did love this game, it was visually stunning and adorable, the gameplay was a lot of fun (aside from some minor hiccups) and it truly feels like I got the Link’s Awakening experience. One thing that it has done is make me want to play the original, which I think makes a remake a roaring success.
  25. Mar 10, 2020
    Igual de bueno que el clásico, puesto que es exactamente el mismo, excepto por la nueva función de mazmorras de salas, que no es un gran aporte.
  26. Oct 29, 2019
    Un juego maravilloso, quizás algunos puzles no están demasiado bien definidos y en contadas ocasiones baja un poco el framerate, por lo demás, perfecto.
  27. Feb 26, 2020
    The game is an excellent remake equivalent to the original YS6. I recommend this game.
  28. Nov 2, 2019
    Great game with a beautiful art style having one of the nicest color pallets of the whole switch library. Has a great map with many hidden paths and secrets, honestly one of the best game maps i´ve ever played in. Great dungeon design with many varied objects and enemies .However one thing that sticks out to me hindering itself to not get a 10 is the boss fights, its just one step underGreat game with a beautiful art style having one of the nicest color pallets of the whole switch library. Has a great map with many hidden paths and secrets, honestly one of the best game maps i´ve ever played in. Great dungeon design with many varied objects and enemies .However one thing that sticks out to me hindering itself to not get a 10 is the boss fights, its just one step under the rest of the game. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2019
    Un juego que por si solo es una maravilla en la Game Boy, y ahora con esta retocada magistral lo ha hecho un juego doblemente bueno, una preciosa experiencia para jugar, gracias Nintendo, lo has vuelto a hacer.
  30. Nov 11, 2019
    it was a amazing game but some of the puzzles was harder. The art-style was great
  31. Mar 10, 2020
    Link's Awakening is an incredible game. While short, it is full of charm and life.
  32. Nov 12, 2019
    The quality of this game is evident. Cute graphics, great musics, well built dungeons and so on. I did not finish the game on the GameBoy 26 years ago so it was a fantastic way to terminate it. And here is the point, I think it's a 8/10 for those who don't know the original game or did not finish it, but the remake is a bit too light for those who already killed the game by 1993.
  33. Oct 26, 2019
    Destaco lo hermoso que es el juego, tiene una muy buena jugabilidad, termina enganchandote con la historia
  34. Oct 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juegazo impresionante, todo un clásico para poder disfrutarlo de nuevo, imprescindible. Expand
  35. Oct 29, 2019
    Amazing game with between 8 and 20 hours of game play depending on if your a seasoned Zelda pro it will take you more like 8 or more like 20 if this is one of your first. The visuals are one of the best on switch with lots of unique areas to explore. Marry this with a story which force's you to question your morale. The only catch is that this games to a relatively new player almostAmazing game with between 8 and 20 hours of game play depending on if your a seasoned Zelda pro it will take you more like 8 or more like 20 if this is one of your first. The visuals are one of the best on switch with lots of unique areas to explore. Marry this with a story which force's you to question your morale. The only catch is that this games to a relatively new player almost requires a guide I think my most said phrase for this game was 'ah I didn't even know I could do that' as unless you play Zelda consistently it doesn't do a very good job of explaining the rules. Don't let this put you off though as a quick Google will get you to where you want in the game. Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2019
    Nice game! But fps is down to 15, when u change location. Its bad. Recommend
  37. Nov 4, 2019
    Un ottimo gioco, molto simile alla struttura di link to the past, belle le situazioni, i dungeon e gli indovinelli. Interessante la trama
  38. Nov 4, 2019
    This is my favorite Zelda game. This game has the best visuals of any Nintendo game in my opinion. While Breath of the Wild has good animation, it kind of gets lost in the vast world. The game is adorable, new features are really fun, the story is strong even by Zelda standards, and there is plenty of replay value. Breath of the Wild also has a lot to offer, but it is overwhelming to anThis is my favorite Zelda game. This game has the best visuals of any Nintendo game in my opinion. While Breath of the Wild has good animation, it kind of gets lost in the vast world. The game is adorable, new features are really fun, the story is strong even by Zelda standards, and there is plenty of replay value. Breath of the Wild also has a lot to offer, but it is overwhelming to an extent. I like both games, but this one is a bit more fun. Expand
  39. Nov 9, 2019
    A really well made game, nice graphics, excellent soundtrack, fun dungeons and characters to meet. Perfect for anyone new to Zelda games.
    The down side of the game, is the drop of frame rate that is perceptive and occurs frequently in the open world. Hope this will be fixed soon.
  40. Nov 13, 2019
    For someone who hasn't played the original, this game is a completely new zelda game. I needed this fix before botw2. Link's awakening is simply a masterpiece that needs to be played. I enjoyed every single second of it.
  41. Feb 15, 2020
    Coming from someone who has never played the Game Boy original, this was very fun and entertaining to play. The graphics, art style, and music are absolutely stunning, and the gameplay definitely feels like a classic Zelda game. Certain spots have lag and frame rate issues but those are just minor cons to an absolutely amazing game. However I will point out that I was kind of disappointedComing from someone who has never played the Game Boy original, this was very fun and entertaining to play. The graphics, art style, and music are absolutely stunning, and the gameplay definitely feels like a classic Zelda game. Certain spots have lag and frame rate issues but those are just minor cons to an absolutely amazing game. However I will point out that I was kind of disappointed that the D-Pad was never used. You move in 8 directions, so I think Nintendo missed an opportunity to get that classic Game Boy feel. Nevertheless, definitely a great Zelda game. Now I want to play the Game Boy original. Expand
  42. Feb 22, 2020
    Having never played the original Links awakening game, I knew some, but not a lot of what to expect. It is a fairly simple game in concept but packed full of fun and quirky Zelda and Nintendo references! A game I found just the right level of challenge in, although you don’t have to be a puzzle master to get through this game, I did find some parts challenging my brain as well as my skillHaving never played the original Links awakening game, I knew some, but not a lot of what to expect. It is a fairly simple game in concept but packed full of fun and quirky Zelda and Nintendo references! A game I found just the right level of challenge in, although you don’t have to be a puzzle master to get through this game, I did find some parts challenging my brain as well as my skill and timing. An altogether different experience to most other Zelda titles but a simple and effective game that is perfect for those long car or train journeys or to kick back and play in your chill out time! Expand
  43. Feb 24, 2020
    For a top down Zelda game this is my favorite Top down Zelda game. I have beaten this and a link to the past in the past year and for me this is easier to navigate and the over world makes more sense. It was a little easy but there was great puzzles that were great to complete
  44. Feb 25, 2020
    Uno de los juegos con mejor dirección artística. Entretenida jugabilidad. La historia, lamentablemente es muy corta, pero esto se da porque se trata de un remake de un juego de Game Boy, y claramente trata de respetar al original. Tiene pequeñas caídas de frames, dadas por un problema en relación al almacenamiento, pero en general tiene un buen rendimiento y se ve hermoso. En fin,Uno de los juegos con mejor dirección artística. Entretenida jugabilidad. La historia, lamentablemente es muy corta, pero esto se da porque se trata de un remake de un juego de Game Boy, y claramente trata de respetar al original. Tiene pequeñas caídas de frames, dadas por un problema en relación al almacenamiento, pero en general tiene un buen rendimiento y se ve hermoso. En fin, excelente juego, pero muy corto. Un imperdible de Nintendo Switch Expand
  45. Feb 25, 2020
    What an incredible game. It’s amazing to me that this game was made in the 90’s on a gameboy, i’m very happy i was able to experience this wonderful game in an HD remaster with my QOL improvements. Jumping into this game, it’s like you’re transported into a new world. It’s like you’re actually link, trying to save the island of koholint. The graphics are very cute and charming, the musicWhat an incredible game. It’s amazing to me that this game was made in the 90’s on a gameboy, i’m very happy i was able to experience this wonderful game in an HD remaster with my QOL improvements. Jumping into this game, it’s like you’re transported into a new world. It’s like you’re actually link, trying to save the island of koholint. The graphics are very cute and charming, the music is addictive, and as you make your way from dungeon to dungeon, you always feel like you’re making progress and are one step closer to saving koholint and unveiling its secrets. While the graphics are insanely adorable, there are a few hiccups where the fps will drop while traversing area to area. while this gets annoying and breaks the immersion, i didn’t mind as i loved every minute of exploring koholint island. The dungeons still hold up very well, my first play through there were plenty of times i felt hopeless and began to scratch my head while wondering if i’ll ever be able to get through the dungeon. If i’m being honest there were multiple occasions i had to look up online how to get past a certain section, but that’s just because of my small ape brain, and how well these dungeons were made.

While playing i kept thinking “wow, what a game this is” and as my story came to and end, it was the perfect bittersweet ending. I cannot recommend this game enough.
  46. Mar 11, 2020
    Link's Awakening is a great game to add to your collection, however I had some problems regarding gameplay and what to do next. Since this is my first Zelda title ever and only a few instructions were made in the game itself, I had a hard time orienting myself. That and some minor frame rate issues are the reason for my slightly reduced score. All in all I still think this is a must-haveLink's Awakening is a great game to add to your collection, however I had some problems regarding gameplay and what to do next. Since this is my first Zelda title ever and only a few instructions were made in the game itself, I had a hard time orienting myself. That and some minor frame rate issues are the reason for my slightly reduced score. All in all I still think this is a must-have for every Switch owner. Expand
  47. Mar 23, 2020
    Link’s Awakening is an incredible achievement in game making being that this is a remake of a Gameboy game that is still fun today. The game’s visual style is unique and the music is well done. My only complaints are the game‘s short length and the games difficulty. I actually managed to beat the whole game without dying a single time. Of course, this is great for someone who is good atLink’s Awakening is an incredible achievement in game making being that this is a remake of a Gameboy game that is still fun today. The game’s visual style is unique and the music is well done. My only complaints are the game‘s short length and the games difficulty. I actually managed to beat the whole game without dying a single time. Of course, this is great for someone who is good at these types of games, but maybe they could add a harder difficulty for seasoned Zelda players. All in all, Link’s Awakening is a great game that I can easily see myself replaying. Expand
  48. Mar 20, 2020
    Como remake es una pasada, pero tal vez demasiado similar al original. Visualmente es genial y la banda sonora no se queda atrás. Una pena que no tenga más contenido después de la aventura principal, pero bueno. Desde luego, un Zelda diferente.
  49. Sep 24, 2019
    Played breath of the wild so I thought about giving this game a try. It’s an ok game at best for someone who isn’t so deep into the Zelda lore this game isn’t anything ground breaking. If you’re on a tight budget and deciding if u should get this game or not I’d say wait till it’s on sale
  50. Sep 21, 2019
    One of the best Zelda Games finally got the Remake it deserves. The performance is pretty awful tho and all those frame drops really hurt this otherwise beautiful Game. Why Nintendo let it release this way is beyond me. Also no D-Pad support? Thats srsly stupid
  51. Sep 22, 2019
    Beautiful art style and music. Keeps the classic feel of Zelda while introducing new game features. Few frame rate drops and sometimes a bit too confusing for me. Overall a great game and recommend.
  52. Sep 22, 2019
    The frame rate can be a little choppy, but as far as gameplay, story, and aesthetic goes, it’s fantastic.
  53. Sep 20, 2019
    Impressive remake, the art style grew on me since the announcement, it really fits the tone of the game for some reason. Highly recommend it.
  54. Sep 20, 2019
    Fantastic game, beautiful art style. This game brings back so much memories. The only downfall is the framerate drops but it doesn't effect the game.
  55. Sep 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great top down Zelda that has a great story, and also the dungeon creator is a lot of fun. Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2019
    Yes its a remake of a gameboy game, but the quality is up to par with A Link to the Past. Smaller scale yes. Its not like Breath of the Wild where its expansive and will give you around 100 hours of gameplay. But i argue that it has more replayability than Breath of the wild with its shorter length. The story is really great. Its simple but very effective. I love the overworld andYes its a remake of a gameboy game, but the quality is up to par with A Link to the Past. Smaller scale yes. Its not like Breath of the Wild where its expansive and will give you around 100 hours of gameplay. But i argue that it has more replayability than Breath of the wild with its shorter length. The story is really great. Its simple but very effective. I love the overworld and characters. The dungeons were really fun, the bosses were all easy but unique and fun to fight. The games content is all quality. No filler. I rather have a game with pure quality and it being 6-10 hours long, than a 30 hour game with 60% of it being quality and 40% filler. Its a worth wile adventure and worth 60$ thanks to the new graphics, quality of life fixes that it surpasses the original. The soundtrack is better than ever. The only downsides are the new chamber dungeons are just whatever, its not as expansive as Super Mario Maker buts its just okay. Theres a few framerate issues but it never drops below 30 frames so i got used to it. I hope they fix that but its definitely worth while and i think i enjoyed it better than A Link to the Past. And thats one of my top 3 zelda games. Keep in mind i never played Links Awakening for the gameboy, i tried but i couldn't get into it. But im happy this remake exists. Expand
  57. Sep 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game one of the best zelda games I ever played specially the ending Expand
  58. Sep 27, 2019
    I love the Zelda series, but the only 2D entry I've played through is A Link To The Past, which, despite its revered status, I had mixed feelings about, finding it frustratingly obscure in places, and disappointingly monotonous in others. I was therefore a little unsure whether I'd enjoy Link's Awakening -- but there was no need to fear, because the game is wonderful. Koholint Island makesI love the Zelda series, but the only 2D entry I've played through is A Link To The Past, which, despite its revered status, I had mixed feelings about, finding it frustratingly obscure in places, and disappointingly monotonous in others. I was therefore a little unsure whether I'd enjoy Link's Awakening -- but there was no need to fear, because the game is wonderful. Koholint Island makes for a fun and expansive adventure -- I can't believe they stuffed all this into a handheld console over 25 years ago!

Only once did I get stuck for a while -- the telephone houses are always available to give you a nudge in the right direction. The game feels great to play, with a large menagerie of enemies, all of which are great fun to dispatch in the manner of your choosing. The dungeons are interesting and become gradually more intricate, but are always tractable, as long as you're paying attention. And the bosses are really impressive, all of them pretty unique and really satisfying to battle. The world is dense and full of secrets, which gradually unravel as you acquire new abilities.

The story is simple but effective, thankfully diverging from the usual Zelda tropes. The soundtrack is lovely and has some great original tracks, with the modern acoustic instrumentation giving it a joyous, playful feeling. And the same goes for the visuals, masterfully modernised with a whimsical and almost toy-like art style. My one criticism is that there can be brief drops in frame rate when entering new areas -- fortunately this never adversely affected gameplay.

In summary, I had a great time playing this game. The fundamentals suggest that the original was a much better game than I remember A Link To The Past being; and certainly this incarnation is up there with the best Zelda titles.
  59. Sep 22, 2019
    Graphically one of the most stunning looking games on the switch. It does suffer performance hiccups here and there, but personally it isn't that bothersome for me. Gameplay wise, it's another top down Zelda. If you're not into that, you might not enjoy this game. Story and world wise, one of the best in the series. The world is filled with such strange yet charming characters, and theGraphically one of the most stunning looking games on the switch. It does suffer performance hiccups here and there, but personally it isn't that bothersome for me. Gameplay wise, it's another top down Zelda. If you're not into that, you might not enjoy this game. Story and world wise, one of the best in the series. The world is filled with such strange yet charming characters, and the island's small scale means you get attached to characters more heavily. The story, specifically the ending, leaves a heavy impact on anyone that goes through it.
    It's a must-have game for any Zelda/Nintendo fan, and anyone interested in it in the slightest.
  60. Sep 22, 2019
    Отличная игра, очень приятная и позитивная, много новшеств, куча секретов, из минусов - только подлагивания при подгрузке уровней.
  61. Sep 20, 2019
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Duración: 7/10
    Banda Sonora: 10/10
    Jugabilidad: 7/10 (bastantes bajones de FPS)
    SinglePlayer: 9/10
    Nota Final: 8,4 (8) - Recomendado :)
  62. Sep 22, 2019
    This game is splendid. I especially love the truly inspired and audio graphics. it's a shame the framerate is not as good as the rest of the game.
  63. Sep 20, 2019
    So, it's great but framerate is **** It jumpes from 60 fps to 30 at least every minute
  64. Sep 20, 2019
    Cuando jugué la versión original por primera vez hace 19 años me encantó.

Ahora que jugué está versión, me enamoró completamente, llegando a decir que, aún que me duela un poco por los grandes recuerdos que tuve de su anterior versión, superó cada uno de los aspectos del la versión original. Excelente trabajo Nintendo, sigan por el camino en el que van, el trabajo de ustedes seguirá
    Cuando jugué la versión original por primera vez hace 19 años me encantó.

Excelente trabajo Nintendo, sigan por el camino en el que van, el trabajo de ustedes seguirá rindiendo frutos, y este asombroso título es una prueba de ello.
  65. Sep 20, 2019
    Masterpiece for me. A little bit laggy sometimes, except this, you will gonna love it.
  66. Sep 23, 2019
    Es el juego más hermoso hasta el momento, todos aquellos que se quejan es porque no lo tienen
  67. Sep 20, 2019
    Una de las mejores remasterizaciones jamás hechas, no solo de la saga de The Legend of Zelda, sino de toda la historia de los videojuegos.
  68. Sep 20, 2019
    Desde que salió el primer trailer de este remaster, siempre supe que iría a cumplir con todas mis espectativas, pero no de una manera tan milagrosa y fascinante como lo llegó a hacer este título.
    Tiene más que merecido sus 10, pues sus caídas de frames que ocurren muy rara vez al tener el juego en una MicroSD no son algo que malogre este pedazo de obra maestra.
  69. Sep 20, 2019
    Every game has a story but only one is the legend. I grew up playing this game with my elder brother. It really is yet another must have for switch owners.
  70. Sep 20, 2019
    Mejol juego del año, pa ke se lo cepillen!!!

Que Resident Ibol y que ocho cuartos, este papa.
  71. Sep 20, 2019
    I played it only for 1 1/2h right now but i know the original and can say that LA is one of the best 2D Zelda of all time which should definetly not be missed out by zelda fans and those who play to become one

But i have to mention 2 negative aspects: 1. This game is almost a 1 to 1 remake of a gameboy game, which ofc wouldnt be a problem beside the fact that this game costs 60$/€

But i have to mention 2 negative aspects:
    1. This game is almost a 1 to 1 remake of a gameboy game, which ofc wouldnt be a problem beside the fact that this game costs 60$/€ which is definety way to much for this game (just compare this to a game like BotW which also costed 60€ at release)
    2.The framerate sadly drops a lot although this game doesnt really look like it should have this problems (but graphics wise this game looks very gorgous)

So for the second problem i can only give this game a 8/10 but if nintendo(or grezzo) fix this problem in the future this game would be easily be a 9/10 at least
  72. Sep 20, 2019
    The legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Uno de los mas iconicos de su epoca revivido para Nintendo Switch Por el Gameplay Walkthrough que he visto puedo decir
    -Que el apartado Grafico es precioso, pero en mi caso, no me agrada mucho los bordes borrosos, -la historia, pues imagino que sigue siendo la misma, el cual es profunda e interesante -Durabilidad, es lo normal 15-20 o mas si te pones a cortar toda la hierva
    -La resolución pues llega a mas 720p, y se ve genial en modo portátil como siempre
    -Los controles parecen haber mejorado pese a que puedes asignar los botones.
    -La musica y banda sonora estan geniales, re hechos desde cero.

Y por ultimo el rendimiento que... si vien podia caer hasta a 30fps pues ya se explicó que esto suele pasar cuando el juego esta guardado en el SD, si transfieres el juego a la memoria de Nintendo Switch o usas Cartucho, esas bajadas de Framerate desapareceran, lo cual es una gran Noticia.

Mi nota final es de 95, pero metacritic solo deja poner numeros enteros xddd, asi que lo redondeare. Hasta la proxima gente Att: Mr. v:
  73. Sep 20, 2019
    buen remake, me costo un poco acostumbrarme a este nuevo estilo artístico en sus gráficos, la música sigue siendo igual de genial y con respecto a la caída de frames ocurre pero no es tan molesto.
  74. Sep 30, 2019
    Excelente remake completamente hermoso y lleno de nostalgia con nuevos elementos como el apartado gráfico, mágico como en 1993 de principio a fin
  75. Sep 23, 2019
    Great remake. Animated cutscenes are a nice treat. Slowdown when changing zones and excessive blurring in some areas prevents this from being a perfect remake.
  76. Sep 20, 2019
    Игра скорее для хардкорных игроков (не смотря на свою мультяшность) или для тех, кто решил пройти классику в новом обличии. Игрока практически не водят за руку, просто указываю конечную цель. А как до неё добраться додумывайте сами. Да, это настоящая Zelda, но нынешние ванильные игроки могут просто не понять всю прелесть этой игры. Для них она скорее всего покажется сложной.
    Из минусов
    Из минусов можно отметить дёрганую анимацию персонажа при смене направления движения и заметные просадки FPS (скорее всего поправят патчем).
  77. Sep 22, 2019
    Fantastic update to a classic Zelda. Fresh visuals and quality of life improvements make returning to Koholint island a fantastic time.
  78. Sep 23, 2019
    Un pedazo de remake como la copa de un pino. Más compañías deberían aprender de cómo se hace un remake en condiciones. Junto al remake de Resident Evil 2, son los dos mejores remakes del año sin duda. Este Link's Awakening ha sido la excusa perfecta para comprarme una Switch Lite y poder sentirme otra vez como un niño. Reto conseguido, señores de Nintendo. Gran trabajo.
  79. Sep 20, 2019
    GUATAFOK O MAI GOD, LO JUGE POR PRIMERA BES Y PARESIERA KE ESTUBIECE CONSUMIENDOGUATAFOK O MAI GOD, LO JUGE POR PRIMERA BES Y PARESIERA KE ESTUBIECE CONSUMIENDO DROGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Expand
  80. Sep 20, 2019
    Jogo fantástico. Apesar de ter um gráfico simples, é um simples bonito de se ver. Mesmo aparentando ser um jogo infantil o link's awakening é um jogo muito mais desafiador do que aparenta, exigindo que o jogador tenha que pensar muito para resolver certos puzzles. O único problema que encontrei no jogo foram as quedas de fps, mas acho que futuramente irão resolver com uma atualização.
  81. Sep 20, 2019
    Great game, awesome music, super fun gameplay.... Must have for all switch owners
  82. Sep 21, 2019
    A good example of a perfect game!
    Very addictive gameplay! Nice, cute graphics! Great music! Terrific sense of humor! Fabulous, magical game that returns to childhood and periodically notice that I smile while playing! =)
  83. Sep 23, 2019
    It's a great game, even for the shortest Zelda, as the original was.
    The remake looks beautiful, as is the art desing...
    Shikashi, the frame rate it's teeeeerrible, running at 20fps with frame drops The top and bottom of the screen is fully covered in vaseline for some reason, trying to make a "blurry effect" that looks terrible... Not a bad game thought, just doesn't worth 60€ for 8
    It's a great game, even for the shortest Zelda, as the original was.
    The remake looks beautiful, as is the art desing...
    Shikashi, the frame rate it's teeeeerrible, running at 20fps with frame drops
    Not a bad game thought, just doesn't worth 60€ for 8 hours long...
    I strongly recommend you to rent it instead buying it
  84. Sep 20, 2019
    A cute remaster, fascinating BGM, fun gameplay with many nostalgia moments and feelings of previous games in the franchise.
  85. Sep 20, 2019
    Juegazo,no solo evoca un pasado que desgraciadamente ya no existe si no que consigue por si mismo atraparnos en una aventura llena de imagenes maravillosas,melodias tan llenas de alma que duele el alma,y esto se agradece,una historia envolvente y una jugabilidad extraordinaria.pero sobre todo es Divertidisimo,mucho mas que otras mega producciones sobrevaloradas.Lo recomiendo.
  86. Sep 20, 2019
    Such a stunning game visually. Not only that but the world feels alive and the gameplay is top notch. Crazy to think that these dungeons are some of the best designed 26 years later. The game was a head of its time, and has stood the test of time. I’d really love them to give this treatment to other past Zelda game boy games. What a gem to behold.
  87. Sep 20, 2019
    The game is awesome.. I played it today I'm really excited to play some more... my daughter and I are enjoying it
  88. Sep 20, 2019
    Its greatness is undeniable. The visuals, controls, the many improvements to the original... all great. Truth be told, this is a 10/10 game, but at $60, they're asking for too much. Even with everything I love, there's a constant lingering thought in the back of my head about how much I spent on it. At most, this should be at most a $40 game. Link's Awakening has always been one of myIts greatness is undeniable. The visuals, controls, the many improvements to the original... all great. Truth be told, this is a 10/10 game, but at $60, they're asking for too much. Even with everything I love, there's a constant lingering thought in the back of my head about how much I spent on it. At most, this should be at most a $40 game. Link's Awakening has always been one of my favorite games, but even with the impressive upgrades, it's still one of the smaller Zelda titles - and you're certainly not getting anything as innovative as Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey here, even with the new dungeon making feature.

Wait for a discount, and you'll be much happier with this purchase.
  89. Sep 22, 2019
    Overall, great remake of the classic gameboy game. My only gripe is they kind of went overboard with the cutesy looking art style -- that and the overly ostentatious violins (really? violins?) make the repetitive overland theme even more annoying than usual.
  90. Oct 3, 2019
    I only tried the original game for a few minutes, so this was a completely fresh experience for me. I've read that this game is almost completely true to the original aside from the visual makeover. So if that's the case I must say I'm impressed at how well it's held up, considering it is originally a 1993 release.

The two last dungeons were surprisingly complex and challenging for a

The two last dungeons were surprisingly complex and challenging for a Zelda-game that was originally made for the Gameboy in 1993, I really had to use my brain finishing those two, so that was also impressive.

I'm a bit torn on the graphical style, sometimes I really like it, and other times I wish they went another direction. One thing about it that's a bit bothersome is the blurry effect on the top & bottom screen, I don't know what that's supposed to imitate, but it's slightly annoying.
    The frame-rate also dips quite frequently, and it's very noticeable. It isn't game-breaking mind you, but it's hard to understand how Nintendo could let this slip, especially with such a simple art-style.
    I guess we'll just have to settle with the fact that the Switch just isn't powerful enough..

In many ways this is classic Zelda at it's finest, with catchy music, an interesting world to explore, and complex dungeouns, but something that kind of ruined the experience for me, was the ending. The thing I like best about the Zelda-franchise, is that the games makes you feel like a hero that is on an important quest to save the world from evil. I didn't necessarily get that here unfortunately.. There are also no memorable characters in the game, so the story feels a bit dated in that regard.

All in all a really fun game, classic Zelda in many regards, but with some disappointments regarding story especially.
  91. Sep 20, 2019
    Just your average fantastic, traditional Zelda game. If you played the original, you know exactly what you're getting into. The framerate drops are nowhere near as egregious as some make them out to be. You only notice them if you're looking for them. There's a reason the critics only mention them briefly: that's what they are. Sure, I'd expect better performance out of a Zelda game, butJust your average fantastic, traditional Zelda game. If you played the original, you know exactly what you're getting into. The framerate drops are nowhere near as egregious as some make them out to be. You only notice them if you're looking for them. There's a reason the critics only mention them briefly: that's what they are. Sure, I'd expect better performance out of a Zelda game, but it's not game-breaking, nor does it warrant a 0/10. Expand
  92. Sep 24, 2019
    Este Remake nos ofrece un nuevo apartado artístico, muy similar a lo que podemos encontrar en Yoshi`s Woolly/Crafted World. Con un estilo que recuerda a la acuarela.

Por lo general es un juego más que correcto que sigue prácticamente a rajatabla al original. La dificultad es bastante baja incluso en su máxima dificultad. El juego se siente como una obra menor más que como un gran

La dificultad es bastante baja incluso en su máxima dificultad.

El juego se siente como una obra menor más que como un gran remake, en mi opinión una oportunidad perdida para hacer algo más ambicioso. Siendo claros ejemplos RE2 o el cercano FFVII Remake.
    Siguiendo este último punto el precio de salida se podría haber reducido a 40€.
    Como hicieron títulos como Ratchet & Clank (aun siendo un reboot/remake), Shadow of the Colossus o Hellblade.
  93. Sep 24, 2019
    Its a Master Piece. Only Thing im sad about is that the original Game isnt implemented like in Dragon quest wehre u can switch between classic graphics and new one
  94. Sep 23, 2019
    Very peaceful when played this game. The legend of zelda series are legends
  95. Sep 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo perfeito , a maior quantidade de botões, e o detector de conchas deixou o jogo maravilhoso, jogo do ano pra mim Expand
  96. Sep 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Judge the game is the only one that has the right thing for the rest of the world and its amazing Expand
  97. Sep 20, 2019
    The littles frames drops are the only thing that make me not give it the perfect rate
    They are not that annoying and are no so frequent, but sometimes they can bother a little bit
  98. Sep 21, 2019
    Wahnsinns Spiel!!! Da kommt Nostalgie auf. Bestes "Remake" (wenn man das noch so nennen darf). Grafikstil finde ich super und ansonsten nur kleine Änderungen am ohnehin schon überragenden Klassiker. Wer diesen als Kind schon gespielt hat findet sich gleich wieder zurecht an den altbekannten Orten.
  99. Sep 23, 2019
    Una pequeña enorme aventura, Link's Awakening cuenta una historia que llega al corazón, un apartado artístico de lo mas curioso y adorable como de ensueño y una banda sonora espectacular que te sumerge aun mas.
  100. Sep 23, 2019
    No podemos más que valorar la magmánima obra de remasterización de píxeles negros en una LCD a modelados preciosos en una maqueta de plástico y materiales que parecen reales. La iluminación otorga ese efecto que da la sensación de que la maqueta está viva, pero sin dejar de ser de juguete. Todo el diseño artístico es fantástico. Para rematar, los controles se han actualizado a losNo podemos más que valorar la magmánima obra de remasterización de píxeles negros en una LCD a modelados preciosos en una maqueta de plástico y materiales que parecen reales. La iluminación otorga ese efecto que da la sensación de que la maqueta está viva, pero sin dejar de ser de juguete. Todo el diseño artístico es fantástico. Para rematar, los controles se han actualizado a los estándares actuales, no solo con las 8 direcciones sino con la gestión del inventario o los botones predeterminados para objetos. También se ha mejorado la batalla con los bloqueos y aturdimientos de los enemigos. Respecto al rendimiento va a 60 fps que ya les gustaría a los usuarios de Plei Esteixon tener en la mayoría de sus juegos, salvo al cargar alguna zona del mapa que puede bajar a 30 o 40 fps. Nada importante dado que no afecta a la jugabilidad, es un tema de carga. Probado en Nintendo Switch, la original, la primera, la grandiosa y la que les escuece en el orcate almorránico a los que comen marca Facundo. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 110 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 2, 2020
    If you need a nostalgia trip or haven’t played Link’s Awakening before, then you won’t be disappointed with this release. Just note that it is a bit more bite-sized when compared to more recent entries in the series.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 6, 2019
    Awakening’s world is much smaller than Breath of the Wild’s Hyrule. But within the island’s depths lies something that was missing from the last game – eight difficult, multi-layered dungeons, each with its own theme, traps and puzzles. [Issue#241, p.66]
  3. Nov 18, 2019
    Link's Awakening is a joyous adventure and a treat for the eyes, marred by some minor performance hiccups. It's truly a shame that this title is following up the most ambitious entry in the series' history and feels disappointingly small in comparison.