5.8

1. Oct 2, 2018
    A good pixel art adventure game. Although the game was short-lived, personally I find the game as I would expect it from watching the trailer. Highly recommended game just for playing on the side
  2. Mar 22, 2018
    A good pixel art adventure game, quite in the same vein as Lone Survivor. Puzzles are well done, some requiring more leaps of logic than others, but attention to detail is the key. Graphically, the game is put together well. In gameplay, you might run into enemies that do not path as they should unless you trigger some kind of event or alarm. The hiding mechanic works well, however youA good pixel art adventure game, quite in the same vein as Lone Survivor. Puzzles are well done, some requiring more leaps of logic than others, but attention to detail is the key. Graphically, the game is put together well. In gameplay, you might run into enemies that do not path as they should unless you trigger some kind of event or alarm. The hiding mechanic works well, however you cannot sprint very fast so plan ahead.
    Overall, The Long Reach is a good first game, and a solid adventure title. I would recommend picking it up if you want a fun story, dialogue that is fun (to me at least,) and a game that will make you think.
  3. Jun 8, 2019
    Got this game for the Switch, for 1,59€ (currently at discount on the store at around 4€) gotta say its a short story, but its a damn good one. I got capture by the game's vibe. The music is well balanced, but at one part the "creepy music" didn't fit what it was shown. I loved the dialogue options there's a few that actually made me chuckle.

But be aware this game is mostly for people

But be aware this game is mostly for people who like the story 1st and gameplay after, it's more of a light novel with intractable parts. The puzzle parts are mediocre at best but captivating towards the story and interactions with the main character. The gameplay itself is rather straight forward and easy.

In perspective its worth trying at least just for the story. I'll expect more games like this in the future but longer and actually hard to solve some of the puzzles, love these type of games.

1. Apr 20, 2018
    The Long Reach is a fantastic debut from developer Painted Black Games in terms of presentation, but its lacking story (or explanation thereof) and technical hiccups hold it back. If you fancy a short horror experience with sleek, pixel art visuals and classic point and click elements, it's worth giving it a try.
  2. Apr 8, 2018
    If you’re easily frustrated you will probably give up way before the four or so hours it takes to beat the game, which is a shame because it’s a title that has something to give.
  3. Mar 23, 2018
    The greatness of this game relies on its willfulness, trying to carry out a project full of tension, characteristic of the madness and the dilemmas of the science fiction genre. To accomplish that, they introduce insane characters, capable of causing real apprehension, especially accentuated by a good soundtrack. Sadly, all these great ideas fail to amaze us due to a simplistic level design and because it's deprived of terror.