Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spinsThronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran and queen of two Northern Realms Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
AN ALL NEW EPIC TALE
* Experience an all-new 30-hour Witcher world tale with 20 possible world end-states.
* Embark on a grand adventure full of thought-provoking quests.
* Influence the state of the world around you by making difficult choices and face their consequences.
* Meet a cast of rich, multidimensional characters some of them will join you on your quest, others you'll have to face on the battlefield.
TRAVEL TO NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN KINGDOMS
* Explore new and mysterious regions of the monster-infested world of The Witcher.
* Traverse vast lands and unique locations, all with their distinct theme from vibrant countrysides and war-torn landscapes, to grand castles and snow-capped mountains.
* Save villages from hordes of monsters, look for treasures hidden among ancient ruins, scour the land for resources, and more the world of Thronebreaker is teeming with things to do.
PREPARE FOR WAR
* Develop and customize your very own battle camp.
* Train and recruit units, unlock new skills and work on your tactics.
* Manage resources you find and trade them with local merchants.
* Learn more about your companions and increase their strength in battle.
LEAD YOUR ARMY IN EPIC BATTLES
* Build an army from characters you meet and interact with during your journey.
* Fight in epic story battles and solve unique puzzles and challenges.
* Use unique skills and abilities of your army and lead it to victory.… Expand
Feb 24, 2020You don't have to love Gwent to enjoy Thronebreaker. In fact, you don't need to even know anything about Gwent, or The Witcher for that matter. Thronebreaker is a story about an army general with her back against the ropes trying to make the best choices in impossible situations. There is plenty of Witcher lore to consume, but for a game spin-off of a card game based on a mini-game in a fantasy game, Thronebreaker is shockingly accessible. If you're a fan of puzzle games and fantasy stories, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will not disappoint.
Feb 4, 2020This newest iteration of Thronebreaker is a welcome and unexpected treat, and truly at home in its portable format. Being able to tackle Queen Mave’s part in the Second Nilfgaardian War while on the go is well worth the slightest of tradeoffs in graphical quality. Even if you aren’t a CCG enthusiast, this is a must have for any Gwent battler or Witcher fan.
Feb 13, 2020Thronebreaker : The Witcher Tales is a phenomenal game that can be enjoyed by anyone who enjoys card games or even puzzle games. The port to the Switch was a wonderful decision, but no matter where you play Thronebreaker, you are in for a fantastic experience.
Feb 24, 2020With Thronebreaker, CD Projekt Red has succeeded in making a fun, single-player experience about a simplified card game. It's a polished, story-driven experience that has a lot going for it. It's not a masterpiece, and there are some minor gripes, such as the difficulty (or lack thereof) and the absence of meaningful decision-making, but it is still an incredibly entertaining game. If you're into The Witcher and on the lookout for another story in the same universe, you can't go wrong with Thronebreaker.
Feb 7, 2020Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales on the Nintendo Switch is based on the card game known as Gwent, which is known to players of The Witcher 3 as a serious time-drainer. Any doubt about its purpose is quickly cast aside: Thronebreaker is addictive, involving and with its masterful plot, art style, soundtrack and mechanics that go well beyond a cards' game, this is the kind of spin-off that is always welcome.
Positive: 4 out of 4
Mixed: 0 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Feb 1, 2020Im very happy to see another Witcher Game on Nintendo Switch.
It is different from Witcher 3,more fluence,more smart, full of StratgyIm very happy to see another Witcher Game on Nintendo Switch.
It is different from Witcher 3,more fluence,more smart, full of Stratgy &Possibility.also can exploring the world
Describing another story on witcher land.
Your Choice change the end.
end, it is so cheap… Expand
Feb 4, 2020Fantastic game! I'm a little shocked how great this game looks on Nintendo's portable system. It's a very different type of game compared toFantastic game! I'm a little shocked how great this game looks on Nintendo's portable system. It's a very different type of game compared to Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, but equally as good.
The card battles are rather easy to learn compared to Gwent, it's visually beautiful & the story is phenomenally written. Queen Meve is just as compelling a character as Geralt. Kudos CDProjekt Red. Must play game … Expand
Jan 29, 2020Cool game though! People are going to play this because of Witcher series hype.
Se we going to a better beautiful graphics version of gwent?Cool game though! People are going to play this because of Witcher series hype.
Se we going to a better beautiful graphics version of gwent?
Love this game, RPG/Strategy game! So in practice, it's a gwent adventure game, I see.Love this game!… Expand