7.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. May 18, 2021
    The game has a good premise, but doesn't deliver on it.

I was able to complete 100% of the game in 1 hour 45 minutes. The game is extremely easy, posing little challenge on the default settings; and there are settings in the menu to make you stronger or even invulnerable. The only deaths I had were to badly designed attacks that can lock you in a corner and hit you multiple times in
    The game has a good premise, but doesn't deliver on it.

I was able to complete 100% of the game in 1 hour 45 minutes.

The only deaths I had were to badly designed attacks that can lock you in a corner and hit you multiple times in succession with no way to dodge.

The humor was cute in places, but was mainly anime references and moderately old memes. In addition, this version is terribly optimized, and cannot even maintain a solid 30fps, which is impressively bad for a top down adventure game with 2D sprites.

There's just not enough here to justify a $15 price tag. At $6 or $7, it would be a 7.5, and I could overlook the lack of content. At the current price, it's not worth it.
  2. May 20, 2021
    very simple game, not much substance, and very short. even at $15 its too expensive, maybe one day when it gets added as a "free" game somewhere, play it and enjoy your 2 hour, otherwise dont buy it

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Oct 6, 2021
    The biggest issue with the game is its brevity: I knocked it out in an afternoon, and was surprised because it seemed like an RPG of sorts. There were also several instances where I thought areas would open up after a boss battle, but the game blocks off areas for humor, almost teasing the player into thinking the adventure is bigger. [Issue #53 – July/August 2021, p. 23]
  2. Aug 16, 2021
    A fun little game, but far too short and without any challenge at all. Do you want to relax and gaze upon lovely illustrations? Don’t hesitate. But if you want to actually play a game, look elsewhere.
  3. Jun 21, 2021
    Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is a cute little game that’s over way too quickly. While this means that a lot of its questions aren’t answered and its mechanics are underutilized, what’s here is still a very enjoyable ride with an adorable protagonist (that may need a calculator or two).