7.1

1. Nov 1, 2019
    Vampyr is a hard game to criticise. It is ambitious and inventive. It oozes charm and builds a fascinating world. However, it is also very flawed. The rpg elements are decent, but nowhere near as good as the best RPGs. The combat is souls-like, but nowhere near as good as Souls. The story is decent, but the protagonist is full and interesting, not to mention that so much of it is toldVampyr is a hard game to criticise. It is ambitious and inventive. It oozes charm and builds a fascinating world. However, it is also very flawed. The rpg elements are decent, but nowhere near as good as the best RPGs. The combat is souls-like, but nowhere near as good as Souls. The story is decent, but the protagonist is full and interesting, not to mention that so much of it is told through let gthy exposition dumps.

It's hard to pinpoint a failing in vampyr but very easy to feel underwhelmed and under satisfied.

I really wanted to enjoy this game but far too often it is impossible to do so. I think it is worth giving it a go, bit I don't think it will be remembered fondly.

1. Nov 9, 2019
    Vampyr brings a very well executed gothic and vampirical atmosphere to the Nintendo Switch, which sits really well with the game's outstanding plot and narrative developments. The game could do much better when it comes to its long loading times and sometimes unstable performance but these are not factors that end up harming an overall experience of interesting exploration and involving plot choices.
  2. Nov 7, 2019
    As much as I would love to recommend Vampyr, I fear that the darkest parts of Vampyr have overcome the light.
  3. Nov 5, 2019
    Vampyr is a game with charisma, and that remains intact in this version. If you want to play it on a TV, we would recommend choosing another version, but for handheld gaming it does hold up.