7.8

1. Sep 19, 2019
    One of the worse games I ever played in my life. There is nothing good about that game.
  2. Aug 2, 2019
    It's a walking sim with a pointless story summarized by one single sentence "everybody dies in weird ways in the finch family"

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 19, 2019
    Better late than never, What Remains of Edith Finch is quite simply a storytelling masterpiece that’s both tragic and life-affirming. Even if your time with the Finch family is short and bitterly sweet, it’s an unforgettable experience.
  2. Aug 1, 2019
    If you are looking for an engaging narrative that you can complete in a single sitting, then What Remains of Edith Finch is the perfect summer title for you. In many ways, it reminded me of a good book or film. It opens with a promising tale and then builds on the premise with each chapter; or, in the game’s case, each bedroom and family member. The short length may deter some, but the experience is fleshed out and fully realized. Like a good book or movie, it is something you’ll return to. Sure, some of the mystery may be lost in subsequent replays, but the story is so engrossing that you may discover elements you missed our first-time through. It’s an exceptional experience and one that will change the way you think about video game storytelling.
    I can’t recommend What Remains of Edith Finch enough if anyone has yet to play it. With so many incredible games that are currently coming to Switch, it’s important to support the special titles coming from publisher Annapurna Interactive. Its explorations of loss and tragedy left me emotional on numerous occasions, yet it also holds an uplifting and edifying emotional core. This experience remains undiminished thanks to a comprehensive port that doesn’t make any drastic sacrifices to the performance and visuals. As far as I’m concerned, it’s required reading for those passionate about storytelling in video games.