8.7

1. Sep 16, 2018
    I am enjoying better than the base game. Combat is better. Story is better. Side quests are better. Game play is about 20+ hours not 40 but this is the best DLC on a Nintendo platform.
  2. Sep 21, 2018
    A must buy for fans of the maingame Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I would highly recommend to play the maingame before the DLC, cause Torna spoils many things.

Music is fantastic, graphics are a bit better than in Xenoblade 2, the characters are a joy to watch, especially Lora and Jin, story is good, you have to do some sidequests for progression, but they are more fun than in Xenoblade 2. One of thebest DLCs ever, i mean it's like a full game and when you don't rush through it it will entertain you for 25-40 hours. The titan Torna is also one of the best designed titans. Enjoy!
  3. Oct 1, 2018
    The best Nintendo DLC ever made, perhaps some of the best of all time. Torna The Golden Country takes nearly everything setup by Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and improves upon it. If you enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or found yourself somewhat wanting, you owe it to yourself to pick up this full fledged game.

As i played the original Xenoblade Chronicles 2 i had 3 big complaints. Poor

As i played the original Xenoblade Chronicles 2 i had 3 big complaints. Poor localization with moments of sub par dubbing, Tedious grinding for side quests and unlocking blades, and generally slow pacing before combat becomes interesting. Torna The Golden Country improves on all of these areas. A new game engine has the character expressions feeling vibrant. The voice cast gives a remarkable performance (brought a tear to my eyes at moments). All blades available are thrown into your party without tedium. Some may find the mandatory nature of side quests to be a downside, but the majority are interesting and help contribute to the games overall narrative. Finally near everything you need for interesting combat is given within the first few hours of the game.

I only have a few nagging issues concerning Torna the Golden Country. As stated before some of the side quests can be generic MMO type quests that don't contribute much to the story. And even though the tedium has been cut back, some requirements like specific tasks for completing blade affinity charts, or gathering specific ingredients for crafting can become laborious if your attempting to fully complete the game.

At the end of the day Torna The Golden Country is DLC done right. The story is compelling and heartfelt, adding context to events of the base game. Characters are well voiced and written. The design and aesthetics are gorgeous and memorable. Music composition adds stellar original scores and remixes. Combat is improved and streamlined. I really had to stretch to fined things i didn't love about this game. Definitely the best additional content Nintendo and Monolith Soft have ever released.
  4. Nov 14, 2018
    This was an amazing experience and was a joy to play. This was money well spent and I was very happy with the new spin on the xenoblade 2 battle system. My one complaint is the forced community building. The side quest are not bad but they do get repetitive after doing for around 3 hours of doing them.
  5. Sep 16, 2018
    *I rated this game as a DLC, even if it's a new game on it's own!*
    -The new batttle system made us create new strategies 10/10
    -Strong characters personnalities, including Lora, my new favorite Nintendo female protagonist! 10/10 -The tornian totan made us discover new places, so new possibilities! 10/10 -Short but great story with 3 hours of cutscenes, more than any Fire Emblem! 10/10
    *I rated this game as a DLC, even if it's a new game on it's own!*
    -The new batttle system made us create new strategies 10/10
    -The tornian totan made us discover new places, so new possibilities! 10/10
    -Tragic end that made me seriously cried! 10/10
    If you didn't play the main game yes, I can definitively tell you that you can start with the prequel first! Some minors spoilers from the main games, but the bigger ones aren't here, so go!
  6. Sep 28, 2018
    Honestly, Torna - The Golden Country is almost as good as Xenoblade 2 with my only complaint being that it wasn't longer! (Even though for DLC the rough 15+ hours spent on the main story alone is quite impressive) This DLC managed to improve upon some issues from Xenoblade 2 and even managed to make the battle system more enjoyable by adding new mechanics such as switching between driverHonestly, Torna - The Golden Country is almost as good as Xenoblade 2 with my only complaint being that it wasn't longer! (Even though for DLC the rough 15+ hours spent on the main story alone is quite impressive) This DLC managed to improve upon some issues from Xenoblade 2 and even managed to make the battle system more enjoyable by adding new mechanics such as switching between driver and blade.

However, even though this game is amazing as an expansion for Xenoblade 2 I'm not sure if I'd rate it so highly if I hadn't played Xenoblade 2 meaning that I'd have trouble recommending the game as a standalone.

Overall, if you played Xenoblade 2 and enjoyed it you'll almost certainly enjoy Torna, but if you haven't played Xenoblade 2 some parts of the story may make less sense giving you a somewhat lesser experience than if you had played Xenoblade 2.
  7. Oct 19, 2018
    Mejor que el contenido principal!! mejor jugabilidad, mejor rendimiento y mejor historia.
    Mejores misiones.
  8. Sep 20, 2018
    充满探索感的地图,更加细致完善的战斗,强化支线的人和系统,听不腻的BGM,对本篇剧情的补充,给异度神剑2的冒险画上了完美的句号。
  9. Sep 28, 2018
    Season-pass holders have been rewarded with many morsels since XC2 launched, but this 50+ hour DLC is an entire additional meal. Seamlessly fleshing out the backstory and cast of the main game, extending the worldview, exploring a high-energy variant of the stellar combat engine -- not to mention serving up more of the transcendent soundtrack -- this DLC decisively claims the crownSeason-pass holders have been rewarded with many morsels since XC2 launched, but this 50+ hour DLC is an entire additional meal. Seamlessly fleshing out the backstory and cast of the main game, extending the worldview, exploring a high-energy variant of the stellar combat engine -- not to mention serving up more of the transcendent soundtrack -- this DLC decisively claims the crown formerly worn by Witcher 3's "Blood and Wine". There can be no further doubt that XC2 is the best RPG currently available for the Switch, and is indeed one of the all-time greats on any platform. 10/10. Expand
  10. Sep 15, 2018
    Battle system fun, story is awesome, music is masterpiece! My only complain: game force you to play side-quests. But at the same time quests very fun. 10/10
  11. Sep 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Xenoblade 2 was a wonderful game but this standalone pretty much refined everything: the game has better visuals, is far better in handheld mode, the battle system is more streamlined and the content is really huge for a story DLC (17-20 hours to complete the main story, 35-40 hours to complete all the side quests).

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 : Torna - The Golden Country is a masterpiece every RPG fan should buy!
  12. Sep 15, 2018
    Truly a 10/10 game.

Interesting characters, amazing music, better plot, and an improved battle system. If you're a JRPG fan, don't miss out on it!
  13. Sep 14, 2018
    I Love This World, Because MonolithSoft in it.

Russian/English short review (no spoilers) Великолепное длс, которое вообще можно считать полноценной новой игрой. Продолжительность сюжета 10+ часов, если учитывать сайд контент, то можно уйти за 30. Боевая система очень крута и ощущается довольно свежо, графику подтянули, особенно в портативе. Музыка ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНАЯ. Боевая тема -
    I Love This World, Because MonolithSoft in it.

Russian/English short review (no spoilers)

Великолепное длс, которое вообще можно считать полноценной новой игрой.

Боевая система очень крута и ощущается довольно свежо, графику подтянули, особенно в портативе. Музыка ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНАЯ. Боевая тема - моё почтение.

Must buy для все владельцев свича, даже если вы еще не играли в оригинальный Xenoblade 2.

Great DLC, which is basically a whole new game.

The Story length is 10+ hours (30-40 if you count side content)

Battle System is GREAT and looks very fresh, graphics is better, especially in portable mode. Music is fantastic (there are some tracks from original game also)

Must Buy for every switch owner, even if you have not played original game.
  14. Sep 14, 2018
    Hands out, a soild 9/10 game and significantly improves upon a lot of things than base game.

> The characters are all interesting and well developed topped with a better protagonist than Rex > The narrative of the game is miles better than the base game and wraps everything in a nice little ribbon > A much faster pace and revamped battle system allowing you to take control of both

> A much faster pace and revamped battle system allowing you to take control of both Driver and Blade.
    > No Gacha and a cleaner UI
    > Performance is much better and graphics are prettier.

Cons

> Unfortunately, to continue on with the story it requires the player to build up the Community Level. A mechanic similar to Xenoblade X's Affinity character side missions.
  15. Sep 14, 2018
    Possibly, one of the greatest expansions in the history of video games.

The amount of content that is overflowing is amazing, but it is more the intrinsic quality of it. In the case of Torna, it is a sum of a solid story, charismatic characters, improved combat system and a lot of additional content to make this adventure an unforgettable experience. The best Switch game released in
    Possibly, one of the greatest expansions in the history of video games.

The best Switch game released in 2018 without a doubt, and # 1 at GOTY 2018 at the moment.
  16. Sep 14, 2018
    Review made with a copy provided by Nintendo.

It is amazing and very satisfying to see the amount of constant support Monolith Soft projects are receiving from Nintendo. So much so that I even felt that the game was quite short, despite having invested +30 hours in my game in normal mode. I suppose the Monolith guys have accustomed us to games of more than 100 hours as if it were
    Review made with a copy provided by Nintendo.

So much so that I even felt that the game was quite short, despite having invested +30 hours in my game in normal mode. I suppose the Monolith guys have accustomed us to games of more than 100 hours as if it were something normal.

Torna: The Golden Country, improves in various aspects to the base game that was the colossus of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, such as the non-existence of tutorials, problems with the quality of dubbing and synchronization of voices, an interface and a generally cleaner world ( since it uses a new graphic engine) and the elimination of "grinding" that has certain annoying "critics"; opting to be a more direct and focused story-driven game.

The expansion pass, with this aggregate in particular, becomes the best expansion in the history of Nintendo and not only stays there; It is one of the best expansions in the history of video games. If all the expansions were like that, I think nobody would complain about them.
  17. Sep 14, 2018
    Review/Reseña (English/Español)

Score/Nota: 10/10 Hands down, for the best expansion of Nintendo's history; even superior to other popular ones like The Witcher 3. It almost took a year of updates after the updates, where problems and errors are corrected and, simplified mechanisms and new customization elements were added, for free. However, when it comes to the expansion itself,
    Review/Reseña (English/Español)

Score/Nota: 10/10

It almost took a year of updates after the updates, where problems and errors are corrected and, simplified mechanisms and new customization elements were added, for free. However, when it comes to the expansion itself, the amount of substantial content that was added is brutal so that the time you spend at Alrest never ends.

The icing on the cake is Torna; This kind of independent "mini" Xenoblade, which, in its 20-22 hrs for complete the main story with a couple of things in the middle (45-50 hrs if you want to complete it at 100%), is undoubtedly the aggregate that was needed to close with classy, the better and bigger story that the Switch catalog has to offer.

With a more obscure and focused narrative of story (that seemed to be a kind of attempt to generate reminiscence towards Xenogears), a cast of solid and endearing characters, new elite music, refreshing zones for explore, refined combat system (more agile and dynamic), new mechanics (camping and communities), and a lot of aditional content, like secondary missions, as well as monsters and objects to be achieved, they build a spectacular conglomerate, that does not do more than grant applause and congratulations to the boys of Monolith for tremendous "opus".

It seemed that 2018 would be decaffeinated for Nintendo and its console, but seeing that among its arsenal is the Genial "Octopath Traveler", the glorious "Ultimate" in Christmast, and the best expansion in the last decade; we could say that it will come out very well, facing the promising and bright future that will be 2019. 10/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manos hacia abajo, para la mejor expansión de la historia de Nintendo; incluso superior a otras populares como las de The Witcher 3.

Tomo casi un año de actualizaciones, donde se corregían problemas o bugs, y se añadían mecánicas simplificadas y nuevos elementos de personalización, de forma gratuita. Sin embargo, en cuanto a lo que la expansión en sí se refiere, es brutal la cantidad de contenido sustancial que se agregó para hacer que el tiempo que pases en Alrest nunca termine.

La guinda del pastel es Torna; esta especie de "mini" Xenoblade independiente, el cual, en sus 20-22 hrs de duración de partida (45-50 hrs si quieres completarlo al 100%), es sin dudas el agregado que hacía falta para cerrar con broche de oro la mejor y más grande historia que el catálogo de Switch tiene que ofrecer.

Con una narrativa más oscura y enfocada (que pareciera fuese una especie de intento por generar reminiscencia hacia Xenogears), un cast de personajes sólidos y entrañables, nueva música de élite, zonas explorables refrescantes, sistema de combate refinado (más agíl y dinámico), nuevas mécanicas (acampar y comunidades) y toneladas de contenido secundario, como misiones, así como monstruos y objetos por conseguir; construyen un conglomerado que no hace más que otorgar aplausos y felicitaciones a los chicos de Monolith por tremenda "opus".

Parecía que el 2018 sería descafeinado para Nintendo y su consola, pero viendo que entre su arsenal está el genial “Octopath Traveler", el glorioso “Ultimate” en las navidades, y la mejor expansión en la última década; podríamos decir que saldrá bastante bien parado, de cara al prometedor y brillante futuro que se dislumbra en el 2019. 10/10
  18. Sep 14, 2018
    Creo que Monolith Soft nunca dejará de sorprendernos; por eso le tengo tanto aprecio a este estudio en particular.

Son capaces de experimentar con diversas fuentes para crear estructuras reconocibles y con personalidad; al punto de lograr hacer ver a una práctica, que en teoría es nociva, como increíble. Honestamente, me sentí un poco triste al saber que esta historia no dura más de

Honestamente, me sentí un poco triste al saber que esta historia no dura más de unas 20 horas, pero es que si te pones a pensarlo, dura más que el 90% de juegos que hay por ahí, y no solo es que la duración sea similar, sino que la calidad que desprende es sustancialmente superior a la de la mayoría de juegos que hay en el mercado actualmente (claro, esta de más decir que esto solo es "parte" de la expansión completa).

Me limitaré solo ha expresarme de forma superficial para no entrar en ningún tipo de spoiler, sin embargo, no esta de más decir, que Tetsuya Takahashi esta intentando recrear una especie de "Xenogears 2.0" con el mundo que ha creado con la franquicia arábiga de Xenoblade (sin contar a X); lo cual me ilusiona bastante de cara al futuro que le depara a esta saga.

La historia ayuda a aclarar varios huecos que dejo la historia principal, generando al mismo tiempo, que empaticemos con el reparto de personajes presentados. Esto funciona en gran medida porque la historia es bastante más enfocada, y dado el ambiente hostil que se presenta de inmediato (a diferencia de en Xenoblade Chronicles 2, donde el ritmo iba en crecimiento), hace que sea bastante más sencillo generar un sentido de inmersión mas orgánico.

El sistema de combate es una gozada. Es más ágil, más rápido y más dinámico, no solo desde un punto de vista netamente mecánico, sino desde un punto de vista narrativo, generando una sinergia bastante gratificante. Al ser un juego relativamente corto, implica que los personajes también lo serán, más esto NO se ve reflejado en la variedad de posibilidades que el juego ofrece en combate, lo cual es un plus a tener en cuenta.

Nuevas mecánicas son incluidas, como la mecánica de acampar (que vendría a sustituir a las conversaciones) o la mecánica de la comunidad (que sería un reemplazo de la compañía de mercenarios en pos de lograr desarrollo en los lugares explorables), los cuales otorgan una experiencia completamente refrescante de lo ya visto en el juego base, así como coherencia, de nuevo, desde un punto de vista narrativo.

En Torna se corrigen varios de los "problemas" que el juego base tuvo, como lo son la no existencia de una opción para revisar los tutoriales, los actores de doblaje para ciertos personajes, la sincronización de voces en el idioma ingles y la eliminación de un "grindeo" fuerte (dada la naturaleza propia de la historia del juego, que repito, es más enfocada y directa), así como la utilización de un nuevo motor gráfico que ayuda a que toda la belleza del juego se vea bastante más clara y limpia en ambos modos (portátil y en televisión).

Me podría tirar varias líneas más hablando de las nuevas zonas o de la genial y enganchante nueva música añadida, pero creo que eso es mejor que lo descubran por su cuenta, ya que experimentar directamente con ambas es casi una experiencia religiosa.

Enhorabuena a Monolith Soft. De verdad que los adjetivos calificativos se quedan cortos para esta genialidad.
  19. Oct 14, 2018
    Juego muy recomendado salvando algunos errores como el modo de misiones secundarias de prestigio, exagerado y aburrido. Sin embargo la historia es muy buena, el sistema de combate está muy pulido y el desarrollo de los personajes es sobresaliente. Duración alrededor de 20 H. Muy recomendado si has jugado al 2 y te gusta la franquicia Xenoblade
  20. Sep 26, 2018
    This game manages to be an expansion on the first game whilst also managing to be a separate game.
    The Music is amazing, and graphics a slight improvement from Xenoblade 2.
    The Music is amazing, and graphics a slight improvement from Xenoblade 2.
    The story expands on the first game and provides extra details of Jin's journey to becoming who he is in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The story is around 25 hours and is, in my opinion, one of the greatest Nintendo DLC released to this date. My only complaint is the addition which makes you complete sidequests to advance. Otherwise, this is a 10/10.
  21. Sep 14, 2018
    This expansion adds an entire games worth of content. If you played and enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, this should be at the top of your priority list!
  22. Sep 16, 2018
    If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. XC 2 is simply the greatest RPG of all time on any system. The characters, story, game play and art style are simply unmatched by any other RPG (Or game even). The amount of love Monolith Soft and Nintendo has given this game has been amazing. I am not gonna spoil this for people, but all I am gonna say is, you will get some really emotionalIf it wasn't clear before, it should be now. XC 2 is simply the greatest RPG of all time on any system. The characters, story, game play and art style are simply unmatched by any other RPG (Or game even). The amount of love Monolith Soft and Nintendo has given this game has been amazing. I am not gonna spoil this for people, but all I am gonna say is, you will get some really emotional scenes in this game that will make you cry hard, a story that makes you think on who is really good and who is bad. A better understanding of some of the characters from the main XC2 game and it will give you over 30 hours of game play. This is simply the best DLC ever for any video game.

The combat has a nicer flow to it, it is easier to swap out blades and use their abilities. The swapping technique adds so many layers of strategy to the already deep combat system. The graphics are better especially in handheld mode where the graphics are much cleaner this time around. The music is on fire of course and each track not only fits each situation, level and character; the tunes are just memorable and will stick in your head.

There is not enough great things to say about this DLC except that it is my GOTY for 2018, yes over Octopath, that is how good XC2TTGC is. Some may not like how the game demands you to finish so many side quest before you move on, but that is a very minor issue when you look at how great the game is overall. There is no equal for this game right now. If you do not buy this, you're missing out on one of the greatest game experiences of all time. There is not another game like this, (I'm talking about the whole game of XC2). How many games do you know where you can spend over 500 hours on the game and STILL not be finished? That is how big and deep this game is. This DLC is just the icing on the cake. A lot of people now call XC2 the best game on the Switch, I don't know about that, (I tie it with a few others), but it sure is right in there with the best. Get this game, get the DLC and be sucked away for months, heck maybe even a year in one of the greatest experiences of all time.
  23. Sep 17, 2018
    in general a very good dlc, with interesting story (about 22 hours), characters, good music, good combat sytem
    but note that the game forces u to do a lot of (sometimes very boring) side quests in order to continue the main quest(took me about 7 hours to do all the requested sidequest)
  24. Jun 12, 2019
    A must play for those who enjoyed the original and worth looking into for anyone whose been curious about the series. Torna fixes most of the biggest flaws from the original; no more gacha, an improved battle system, specialized collect-points that can be viewed from the map, more interesting side quests, and a better core party.
    The only real weaknesses here are the rather short and
    The only real weaknesses here are the rather short and simplistic story in comparison to the main game, which is to be expected, and the hefty sidequest completion requirement right at the game's climax.
  25. Jan 19, 2020
    A nota está levando em conta que este é uma DLC, em relação a isso o jogo cumpre muito bem o que se propõe que é anteceder os acontecimentos ocorridos em Xeno 2, a mudança no sistema de batalha, a evolução aprimorada, os gráficos polidos com resolução mais es. tável do que o próprio Xeno 2.
  26. Aug 22, 2020
    Good game, but the original Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are better. The worst aspect of this huge standalone DLC is the necessity to finish many side quests in order to proceed in the story. It only prolonged the game. The combat is slightly changed and it is much better!
  27. VTL
    Nov 20, 2019
    Gran expansion de unas 25 horas.
    Más largo que muchos juegos he independiente al 2 valina. Precuela muy entretenida y que se ha de jugar DESPUES !!!!!!!!!
  28. Jul 9, 2019
    I enjoyed torna a great deal and would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed xenoblade chronicles 2.
    It has some issues though which are worth noting. The biggest one is something called 'community'. You can complete sidequests for npcs and then recruit them to your community and if you recruit enough npcs your community level increases.
    The issue with this is you will hit a
    The issue with this is you will hit a story roadblock and will be unable to complete the game until you reach community level 4. This takes a lot of time... like hours... probably about five hours in my case.
    Sidequests vary a great deal. Some of them include some humorous scenes, take you to new locations and feel interesting. Others are simple fetch quests or feel like a hassle as you're required to gain a new ability specifically for that quest.
    I think it would have been better if you didn't need to do quite so many sidequests. After I finally got to community level 4 I only had one dungeon and the final boss fight left so that didn't take too much time. Overall though I mostly enjoyed these sidequests so I'm not really complaining. I just think anyone interested in Torna should be aware of this.
    Personally I thought the music was very good but not quite as good as xenoblade 2, some of the songs from that game were just mindblowing in my opinion. I also think the characters and story weren't quite as good. However, I did enjoy the story and a lot of the scenes. I think the final battle was also a lot of fun too.
    Overall my biggest complaint is probably that I didn't enjoy it as much as Xenoblade 2. For me Xenoblade 2 was a 10 but Torna is still a 9 though. I'm really glad I played it and I really enjoyed my time with it.
    I can't wait to see what monolith soft creates next. Personally they're right up there with Atlas and Square Enix for my favorite rpg creators :).
  29. Aug 30, 2019
    Подтянули графику, немного изменили боёвку, сделали атмосферу более мрачной. На платину проходится за 40-45 часов. Фанатам серии к покупке обязательно.
  30. Jun 26, 2020
    Combate simplificado, que da un mejor aire de rapidez que el Xeno C2.
    Va al punto sin mucho chinofarmeo. Se agradece que no se extienda con misiones de Blades que era lo mas pesado en el anterior.
    Buenas secuencias de cinemas, música y Jefes. Hay que considerarlo mas una expansión que un nuevo juego, aunque no tengo quejas de todas la horas que jugué. Buen complemento de la historia
    Combate simplificado, que da un mejor aire de rapidez que el Xeno C2.
    Buenas secuencias de cinemas, música y Jefes.
    Buen complemento de la historia con los detalles faltantes mostrados en XC2.
    El hype de jugar el "Golden Country" con el héroe legendario y ciertos blades hacen la guinda de la torta.
  31. Jun 15, 2019
    If you enjoyed the base game of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then you will certainly enjoy this one.

Torna, The Golden Country improves on many aspects of the base game. It has better graphics, better combat, and better animations. Of course, characters, soundtrack, and story are fantastic. Although the length is nowhere near the base game, you can still squeeze out some 30 hours out of it, which is quite impressive for a DLC.

This was a great experience throughout, I highly recommend it, and is definitely worth picking up after finishing the main game.
  32. Feb 29, 2020
    Amo este juego, arregla muchos de los errores de la primera parte y centra la historia en el mejor hisbando de la serie. Si bien tiene algunos problemas con la mitad de la historia es muy recomendable para los fans y aquellos que disfrutaron de xenoblade 2.
  33. Jun 19, 2020
    The Main game was already perfect but this DLC shows how a DLC should look like. It goes 40 hours and have new cast members, a new gameplay system, new areas, a news long story and so much more! And everything for only 30 dollar. Everyone who played the main game will love this DLC story.
  34. Feb 25, 2019
    Cast: 10/10
    Story: 8/10
    Fun: 8/10
    Gameplay: 9/10

Recommended
    ----------------------
  35. Sep 4, 2019
    Jogando antes ou depois do Xenoblade Chronicles 2, esse jogo não deixa de ser incrível. Apesar de ser bem pequeno, valeu a pena cada minuto jogado
  36. Oct 30, 2019
    A short-and-sweet adventure that is similar to the main story of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Characters level up faster than they are in the main story. It's such a great prequel.
  37. Jul 2, 2020
    Even better than the original, which is definitely saying something. This game completely changes what DLC can be and sets a new standard not just for Nintendo, but for the entire gaming industry.
  38. May 12, 2020
    If you like XC2, this is a must play. Nearly everything about it is improved, the combat system is improved, the engine is improved, character design is improved, and the few new tracks are top notch. I honestly don't know why this is rated lower than the base game, aside from the fact that the story isn't as good, but personally, while I liked the overall story of the original, the endingIf you like XC2, this is a must play. Nearly everything about it is improved, the combat system is improved, the engine is improved, character design is improved, and the few new tracks are top notch. I honestly don't know why this is rated lower than the base game, aside from the fact that the story isn't as good, but personally, while I liked the overall story of the original, the ending kind of ruined it for me, and in this game, the overall story isn't as good, but I LOVED how they handled the ending. If you liked the cores of XC2, they aren't here, but in my eyes, that's an improvement, as I really don't like spending at least a half hour opening loot boxes to get the one blade I want. The only misgiving I really have about this game is the same as most people do, the fact that it pauses you right before the final stretch to do like 20+ sidequests depending on which ones you do. Expand
  39. Mar 30, 2020
    Lo compre porque ame el xenoblade chronicles 2 pero esto es mucho mejor amplia la historia y refina su sistema de combate. Altamente recomendable
  40. Dec 11, 2019
    Fantastic to learn more about the lore of this world and see what some of these characters were like in the far past. My appreciation for Mythra went way up after this game, as will as Jin, and getting to know Addam as an actual character was an absolute delight. Overall I loved diving back into this world again, and it makes me want to go back and play through XC2 knowing what I know now,Fantastic to learn more about the lore of this world and see what some of these characters were like in the far past. My appreciation for Mythra went way up after this game, as will as Jin, and getting to know Addam as an actual character was an absolute delight. Overall I loved diving back into this world again, and it makes me want to go back and play through XC2 knowing what I know now, and believe me that's not a problem haha. Expand
  41. Dec 17, 2020
    Torna: The Golden Country is one of the most ambitious DLC expansions Nintendo has ever released. While far shorter than the main game, the length allows the gameplay to be more streamlined and intuitive in several ways. For one, party management is a fair bit simpler, which is a good thing as the primary campaign is overly cluttered and has far too many systems. Scaling it back allowsTorna: The Golden Country is one of the most ambitious DLC expansions Nintendo has ever released. While far shorter than the main game, the length allows the gameplay to be more streamlined and intuitive in several ways. For one, party management is a fair bit simpler, which is a good thing as the primary campaign is overly cluttered and has far too many systems. Scaling it back allows managing your different characters to be far more enjoyable. The battle system has also been overhauled for the better, and is both simpler and faster. Switching between characters is great, and it flows far better than the somewhat clunky main game. The storytelling is similar to the base game, and features many impeccably choregraphed sequences and intriguing plotlines. The cast of characters are fairly well defined, though unfortunately the title's relatively short length doesn't allow for as much character building as is found in other Xenoblade games. I'll also say that without the context provided by playing the main title the narrative would likely be completely incomprehensible; so make sure to play the base game until the end of Chapter 7 before delving into Torna. The music takes on a jazzier tone, which is unique to the series and very fun to listen to, while visuals are fairly high quality and comparable to the main title. By far the most major issue is the excess amount of padding. At least 1/3 of my total playtime was spent completing side quests, as they are required to raise your Community level, which gates you from progressing in the story at two instances. This interferes with the pacing, and the side quests are just honestly not up to the same quality as the rest of the game. They're fine, but being forced to spend hours completing monotonous fetch quests with barebones plotlines isn't what I come to Xenoblade games for. It's really a shame, if the Community system wasn't so intrusive the overall quality of the campaign might very well eclipse that of the main game. Expand
  42. Sep 6, 2019
    Overall I prefer the base game rather than this one. But the story added is perfect for people who really cares. It provides a different perspective from Jin and Lora which makes the whole story more charming and easy to understand.
  43. Oct 15, 2020
    De los mejores en Nintendo Switch, el juego base (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) era difícil de superar pero lo consiguieron. A pesar de tener una trama bastante corta en comparación con el anteriormente mencionado (ya que es un DLC) se coge cariño rápido a los personajes, tiene una historia genial y el sistema de combates es mejor y más cómodo.
  44. Sep 20, 2020
    An awesome game! Is a game made for fans! If you liked xenoblade Chronicles 2, you will love this game! And of course you will cry!
  45. Sep 6, 2019
    One of the best dlc I've played, very good story, is somewhat slower than the original game, but the battle system is pretty good.
  46. Mar 16, 2020
    It's the biggest and most renovate DLC to a game I have ever seen. Worth every penny
  47. Mar 10, 2020
    Torna The Golden Country builds upon the original game and makes it a very enjoyable experience. Short yet sweet.
  48. Sep 22, 2019
    Torna is a wonderful and different experience and possibly the best DLC expansion ever; though i consider it a standalone game as it sold. Consider the fact that this is not a full price game and does not advertise itself as such.

While the concept of side quests advancing a story can be frustrating to deal with, the narrative each quest takes you on is wonderfully written and ties into the themes and messages of the main story, while still being very natural. There are so many lines of dialogue from so many different characters that bring the world to life. Quests can be a chore- but only if you look at it that way. Each quest has unique and thought out dialogue that allows for you to learn more about not only the NPC characters of the world and the world itself, but the main protagonists as well. Not only that but many side quests intertwine into gameplay as you are truly seeing a community of citizens coming together. Seeing each character's reactions to various events is a wonderful treat, especially due to the chemistry between the main cast.

The combat system is perfected and incredibly satisfying to master. This game is designed around you upgrading a set cast of characters/blades with arts and specials that were purposefully designed to work perfectly with each other, rather than having to spend dozens of hours grinding items and hoping for a lucky summon of an ultra-rare blade.
    Each character is customizable and while their roles (such as the tank role) cannot be interchanged- items and elemental weapon swaps allow for tons of offensive and defensive creativity. Most importantly though, it is TONS of fun.

Most of the cutscene music is reused- but the original environment and battle tracks of this game are amazing. Though minute, they are memorable. (My favorites are "Over Despair and Animus", "Four Limbed Titan Gormott", and "Auresco, Royal Capital", definitely check em out.)

Torna the Golden Country. A beautiful and tragic tale as well as a fun game that falls short of perfection due to a few repetitive tasks. Though I may have done it for a single point in this review- it should not be compared to its' base game counterpart.

This review is from the perspective of someone who played Torna- enjoyed it, played X2 liked it, and revisited Torna for an even more in-depth experience.
  49. Apr 27, 2020
    Una expansión que nos cuenta sucesos mencionados en la historia principal y que prácticamente es como un juego nuevo. Obligatorio para quienes hayan jugado Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Lo bueno: - A pesar de ser una expansión el juego es bastante largo. - El giro de tuerca al sistema de combate que nos permite alternar el piloto y el blade es sublime. - Una historia a la altura que

Lo bueno:
    - A pesar de ser una expansión el juego es bastante largo.
    - Una historia a la altura que encantará a quienes les gustara la historia principal.
    - Muy buenos personajes, banda sonora... Todo lo bueno de Xenoblade Chronicles 2, vaya.

Lo malo:
    - Menos blades a elegir.
    - Nuevamente la baja resolución en portátil.
  50. Apr 4, 2021
    On sent une légère amélioration technique, notamment dans les cinématiques et heureusement car ça les rend plus agréable à regarder surtout quand y a beaucoup d'action.
    Un DLC assez court (10-15h), moins d'exploration mais dans environnement plus travaillé notamment une ville en particulier. Un système de combat qui change et qui proposent une nouvelle façon de combattre. Toujours de très bonne musique et de bons dialogues.

Les gros points noirs, reste la technique, car même si y a des améliorations, y a toujours des zones floues surtout en fond avec parfois une résolution très vacillante comme le framerate. Mais c'est bien les quêtes secondaire, obligatoire pour avancer qui pose le plus gros problème, même si elles sont généralement plus courtes que dans le jeu original. Y a toujours des allers-retours, et ne sont pas toute intéressante.

Mais l'objectif de ce DLC, qui est une préquelle est là, répondre à certaines questions que peut se poser après avoir fini Xenoblade Chronicles 2, découvrir l'histoire de certains personnages qui façonne le jeu original.

A faire, si on a apprécié Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
  51. Nov 14, 2019
    I'm amazed at how this game improves what the base game created so well. Everything that caused me irritation was fixed here and streamlined. Making a comeback from Xenoblade 1 was the area affinity chart. By helping different NPCs by doing their quests you increase area affinity, and the friendship between other NPCs and yourself. It gives you a sense that your actions matter, even byI'm amazed at how this game improves what the base game created so well. Everything that caused me irritation was fixed here and streamlined. Making a comeback from Xenoblade 1 was the area affinity chart. By helping different NPCs by doing their quests you increase area affinity, and the friendship between other NPCs and yourself. It gives you a sense that your actions matter, even by doing the boring fetch quest or kill quest that such games are rife with. Though on its own sometimes you want the rewards these quests offer anyhow.

For the price you get this expansion plus all the DLC for Xenoblade 2. All this at $40? That is the best deal on the switch to date.

The whole Gatcha system was totally removed, and instead you get a curated set of blades for your party members. Even more fun is that your party members now actively can participate in combat which is pretty cool from a gameplay and story aspect. Making a better connection between the blades and their drivers.

This prequel game gives you insight that is sorely craved in the main game, all this talk about the great hero adam, and you finally get to meet him!

Voiceover performances are MUCH improved in this title as well. I think they just cast a few bad apples and rushed the recording sessions for the base game.

Combat is also more forgiving too. Before you had to stack elemental orbs in specific combos, and if you didn't have the right combo, you couldn't finish a combo and break the orbs. For this game you can do any combo of 3, but if you get those same combos from the base game, it does bonus damage and applies special debuffs to the enemy, where any 3 random elements stacked just does a bit of extra damage. I think this was the right move, sure it makes the game easier and require less tactics, but even I had more fun just being able to not NEED to line things up perfectly every time, allowing me to experiment more in combat.

Story is good as always. Monolift Soft have great story telling, and this game is no different. Overall the amount of hours of play for the price is great. It is fun, and far more accessible for new players, and still engaging for veteran players. Truly a majora's mask type follow up. A game I'd suggest to almost anyone.
  52. Nov 17, 2019
    This is how DLC story content is made. Well done Monolithsoft . An absolute must play for the nintendo switch.
  53. Dec 15, 2020
    I enjoy the battle system, music, characters, world and story. Spend 30+ hrs to beat the game. I really grew to love the characters. Wish it was longer.
  54. Dec 23, 2020
    The best DLC of all time. It is basically a completely new game. To finish the game you will need more then 20 hours, which is normal for 60£ games. Positives:
    - low price
    - fantastic world - very good soundtrack - new characters - very good story which surprise you even after finishing the main game - good voice acting (much better then in the main game) - really good combat system,
    - low price
    - fantastic world
    - very good soundtrack - new characters
    - very good story which surprise you even after finishing the main game
    - good voice acting (much better then in the main game)
    - really good combat system, better then in the main game
    - entertaining side quests
    - all problems from the main games are gone Negatives:
    - you have to do many side quests for completing the game (they’re good but still)

As you can see this is a very good DLC. I recommend it to everyone who played the main game. For those who didn’t, I would recommend to play the main game first, because there are parts of the story which are spoilers to the main game. All in all ten out of ten.
  55. Jan 9, 2020
    Excellent game the music is a master piece. All maps and movies are awesome
  56. Feb 15, 2020
    Its an amazing experience to see what happened 500 years ago. Better combat, Amazing music and beautiful scenery. 10/10
  57. Mar 4, 2020
    Aunque se puede jugar sin haber completado la historia principal personalmente recomiendo que se compre si os ha gustado XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2.

Expande la historia del que para mí es el mejor juego de la switch por lo que para mi ya sería suficiente para darle buena nota pero es que además resulta que está más depurado y es un juego más sólido en general. Tiene en torno la mitad de

Tiene en torno la mitad de horas de juego que la historia principal pero es que también cuesta la mitad.
  58. Apr 27, 2020
    Aquí se mejora cada uno de los aspectos del original jugabilidad, gráficos, sistema de combate, es increíble como un DLC puede ser tan bueno
  59. Jun 24, 2020
    Uno de los mejores dlc de la historia de nintendo es prácticamente un juego nuevo
  60. Jun 23, 2020
    The characters are charming. The story is simple and bright. The ending is sad.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 13, 2019
    Torna is a marvelous expansion of the no less amazing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Adding to what the original game already does good, Torna manages to improve the combat system and acts as a very good buildup on the original game's plot. This is an especially recommended additional experience to those who enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as it is designed to be especially appealing to fans of the original game.
  2. Feb 21, 2019
    While Torna’s story unfortunately turned out to be a huge let down, the gameplay does more than enough to pick up the pieces. Ultimately, exploring the world of Alrest is still a delight, and any excuse to re-enter this gorgeous universe is one worth taking.
  3. Dec 27, 2018
    With refined combat, a far tighter script, and an infinitely more likable cast, Torna - The Golden Country manages to address almost all of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's core problems without ever straying too far from its source.