9.0

Watch Now
Buy on

1. May 29, 2020
    The original Xenoblade Chronicles was already one of the best games i've ever played. With its amazing story, characters, soundtrack and gameplay, it's hard not to fall in love with the game.
    Definitive Edition takes most stuff the original did and makes it better! Character models are now good, the soundtrack got remastered, a bunch of QOL upgrades got added to the game, etc.
    So overall,
    So overall, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is my favorite game of all time.
  2. May 29, 2020
    I am really enjoying the game so far. Its definitely better than Xenoblade 2 in my opinion. The combat is enjoyable and exploring is enjoyable. This game is a masterpiece 10/10
  3. May 29, 2020
    Currently the best JRPG system and story for me. Xenoblade chronicles and persona are the top JRPG, each give different flavours
  4. May 29, 2020
    this is, in my opinion, a masterpiece and is the best the series has to offer.
  5. May 29, 2020
    Words can't describe how amazing this JRPG still is 10 years later. The characters are so memorable. The music is outstanding. The world is so imaginative that it's still yet to be outclassed by anything else since it's debut in 2010. The story keeps you guessing with it's mystery, and the story is an absolute masterclass because it's so well written and perfectly executed with plot twistsWords can't describe how amazing this JRPG still is 10 years later. The characters are so memorable. The music is outstanding. The world is so imaginative that it's still yet to be outclassed by anything else since it's debut in 2010. The story keeps you guessing with it's mystery, and the story is an absolute masterclass because it's so well written and perfectly executed with plot twists that even had me shook! If you're a fan of JRPG's then you owe it to yourself to dive into this masterpiece. Expand
  6. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles was already a masterpiece among masterpieces with it's incredible story, interesting world, beautiful environments, memorable characters, engaging battle system and amazing soundtrack. This game doesn't miss a mark on any of those things. The original's only noteworthy issues were it's side quest tracking and UI/battle HUD; some may even argue that graphics was anXenoblade Chronicles was already a masterpiece among masterpieces with it's incredible story, interesting world, beautiful environments, memorable characters, engaging battle system and amazing soundtrack. This game doesn't miss a mark on any of those things. The original's only noteworthy issues were it's side quest tracking and UI/battle HUD; some may even argue that graphics was an 'issue' for the original even though graphics should never make or break whether a game is good or not. Anyway, the Definitive Edition has addressed every issue with an incredible amount of quality of life changes and additions. Monolithsoft have knocked it out the park with this one and anyone who is a fan of JRPGs should definitely pick up this game up. Even if this is your first JRPG, they've made it so much easier for newcomers to be introduced into the amazing world that is the Xenoblade Chronicles series. This game a special one for sure and lives up to it's praise and hype. And I didn't even mention that there's extra content that was cut from the original game which already had a lot of content in it.

I'd like to take this opportunity here to thank Monolithsoft so much for putting so much love and care into this game! Hope others will enjoy and appreciate this game as much as I do!
  7. May 29, 2020
    The best and most complete version of one of the best (J)RPG's of all time.
    Most of the Models, Soundtrack, Textures etc. have been redone in the new Xenoblade2 Engine.
  8. May 29, 2020
    El mejor de la saga xenoblade chronicles de lejos su apartado gráfico y artístico, jugabilidad, duración, una belleza
  9. May 29, 2020
    Still one of the greatest JRPGs of all-time, made even better. I love this game dearly.
  10. May 29, 2020
    My favorite game of all time by far, amazing environments, artistic design, one of the best soundtracks of all time, a beautiful history, a lot of lovely characters, just is soooo good in a lot of aspects, a must play and the best rpg of all time for me, the remaster only make it feel a way better, lovely
  11. May 29, 2020
    An absolute masterpiece from start to finish, now with more beautiful graphics in and incredible world with superlative art style, one of the best soundtracks ever made, and a story that will stay with you forever. Magnum Opus of JRPG.!
  12. May 29, 2020
    Un juego que apesar de tener 10 años sigue siendo de los mejores jrpg del mundo
  13. May 29, 2020
    the best Xenoblade game and the best jrpg on the switch. Combat is fun, the world is huge, and the story is one of the best ever told.
  14. May 29, 2020
    Better graphic, better UI, better character modelings, this is perfect remaster.
  15. May 30, 2020
    Obra maestra, se ve genial tanto en modo televisión como portátil.
    Más de 100 horas de entretenimiento entre las dos historias, la principal y la nueva secuela.
  16. May 30, 2020
    People who rate this a 0 or 1 don’t understand how to rate games. They think if a game turns out not to be their style that it’s a 0. Celeste, a very well respected game, wasn’t my style. I still gave it an 8/10 because I respected how well it was made. Xenoblade Chronicles was a masterpiece before, and is now an even better version of itself.
  17. May 29, 2020
    Looking back at the Wii era Xenoblade Chronicles suffers from muddy graphics and cluttered interface. But today Xenoblade Chronicles definitive edition introduces us with it’s expansive world and it’s rich cast of characters while also introducing many life improvement to the game which it didn’t have previously. It’s safe to say that Monolithsoft really step up their game in preservingLooking back at the Wii era Xenoblade Chronicles suffers from muddy graphics and cluttered interface. But today Xenoblade Chronicles definitive edition introduces us with it’s expansive world and it’s rich cast of characters while also introducing many life improvement to the game which it didn’t have previously. It’s safe to say that Monolithsoft really step up their game in preserving it’s fantastic story while also help maintain the combat system engaging and provided a new fresh coat of paint to returning players and new to experience this genre of an RPG. Expand
  18. May 29, 2020
    One of the best JRPG with an awesome story, vast world to explore, interesting characters, very good music etc now in HD
  19. May 29, 2020
    Genuinely a masterpiece that deserves all the praise it gets. Seriously, play the game.
  20. May 29, 2020
    Definitely the definitive version of a masterpiece and probably the best JRPG out there at the moment.
  21. May 29, 2020
    almost the best history in a JRPG, a gigantic world to explore and loss and a great battle system, this game is my personal best and now it look amazing that was maybe the only downside in the original game.
    for me a perfect ten and a game everyone need to try.
  22. May 29, 2020
    The upgrade we all neded. The OST and the gameplay are delicious, even better than the original ones. And the new epilogue is amazing.
  23. May 30, 2020
    I really love this game. Played the wii version almost ten years ago and I'm falling again in love with this chef d'oeuvre !!
  24. May 30, 2020
    Greatest game of all time. The character models have more expressions in every voice cutscense, the remake soundtrack is outstanding and breath taking. they made the quests more easier to get through with the new changes. This is the best remake of the year.
  25. May 30, 2020
    Best JRPG ever made now with a brand new Chapter, Better graphics, outstanding music score with completely remastered and re-recorded tracks. 10/10
  26. May 30, 2020
    Gran juego, llena las expectativas que tenía de que estés título seria un gran lanzamiento por parte de Nintendo.
  27. Jun 1, 2020
    I tried playing XBC on an emulator and then the 3DS. This time I'm really feeling this game. The graphics seem good to me, the music is amazing, and the characters are fun. When I played before, I had a hard time finding where to go for side-quests so the quality-of-life improvements to the quest tracking system and map are making the game go a lot faster.
  28. May 30, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles DE is one of the best JRPGs in history and a TOP 3 of the best in the last decade. A must-buy for every JRPG lover
  29. May 30, 2020
    Still looks beautiful ten years later with the new textures and animations. The combat system is tight and the acting is great.
  30. May 30, 2020
    The overall quality of life improvements really make doing certain quests easier and the overall graphical improvements and the remastered soundtrack make the game even more enjoyable then the wii version. The new content in the base game like expert mode and challenge mode might be apealing to oid fans and the new epilogue chapter adds even more story to the game for players to enjoy!The overall quality of life improvements really make doing certain quests easier and the overall graphical improvements and the remastered soundtrack make the game even more enjoyable then the wii version. The new content in the base game like expert mode and challenge mode might be apealing to oid fans and the new epilogue chapter adds even more story to the game for players to enjoy! Overall monolith Soft did a great job with this and that new and old fans will have a blast playing this! Expand
  31. May 30, 2020
    Loved the first sight when I played it on WII. Also bought the 3DS version, now it’s switch. Story, music, system, everything is a perfect balance for JRPG. Even the graphics I think could have been better. But the update such like more info. to lead you finish the sub missions are great. Nintendo, please finish redoing the 1st episode, it’s time for 3rd now!!
  32. Jun 2, 2020
    Still an amazing JRPG even 8 years after it's original release here in the west (10 years if you count the original Japanese release) and they have really gone way beyond what you can expect from a remake / remaster in this one.
    Everything looks great, the story and voice acting is still excellent, the huge open areas are still as impressive as ever. The amount of sidequest and optional bosses are still insane even today but are now manageable with the new excellent quest tracking system.
    The small details also still impress like how armor affects how your character looks and how that in turn affects how everyone looks in every single cutscene.
    This is easily one of the best JRPG:S ever made if not the best one.
  33. Jun 1, 2020
    All the judgmental gRaFiX fanboys are really treating this amazing game poorly, along with some original Xenoblade Chronicles fans? I don't really understand how you can be a fan & crap all over this game when all the creators did was try to make it better. Which they did. Btw I did also wanna point out that all the graphics obsessed individuals constantly bringing up "it's even worse thanAll the judgmental gRaFiX fanboys are really treating this amazing game poorly, along with some original Xenoblade Chronicles fans? I don't really understand how you can be a fan & crap all over this game when all the creators did was try to make it better. Which they did. Btw I did also wanna point out that all the graphics obsessed individuals constantly bringing up "it's even worse than the original", is just a lie. It mostly maintains its new HD quality on the dock, looking absolutely beautiful compared to the old XC. Even in handheld it looks fantastic. It does dip below 400p at it's worst (off the dock), but it's never ever gonna be looking bad. 720p is the native output, so it always looks more impressive than the Wii version. Just because there's less pixels in any given game compared to another doesn't automatically make it garbage. Many people would agree that games like Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid are much better than most current day game releases. This is all subjective I suppose. Anyway, XCDE even surpasses XC2 in terms of graphical quality, which is very evident in handheld. This is an impressive feat since they are both enormous games. Many anti-XCDE complainers mention that many assets of the initial game build were used in the Definitive Edition, & it seems to be the case. I'm not going to ignorantly say it's a port when so many things have changed for the better, but it was a little obvious looking at some of the NPCs that several of them were just glossed & res'd up. While I will concede that I thought they were doing a tiny bit more in this department, it does make sense with the development timeframe Monolith Soft was working with that this was the end product. Nintendo holds these guys to a release date just like any other publisher would for an exclusive game. With the studios of Monolith branching into what it's becoming, while working a new IP as well as Breath of the Wild 2 most likely, it's crazy that they got the engine to run as efficiently as it does. Overhauled UI for most screens & menus, added voiced story content, many lines & musical scores were rerecorded but still have the option for original sound. New video player for unlocked cutscenes, new easy & expert modes, & Japanese voices for the first time. I will say one thing that truly disappointed me was no added voice acting for heart to heart conversations. It's not perfect, but I really love every addition & improvement that was made to a game that I already loved. If I'm being honest it's more of a 9.6 out of ten, but we're rounding up for all the haters (: Expand
  34. May 30, 2020
    Xenoblade is a must have for all RPG fans. The future of the genre on Nintendo platforms and for gaming as a whole is in Monolith's hands.
  35. Jun 1, 2020
    I loved the second game and I just discovered this one and I can say that its incredible...
    The combat are awesome, the music omg, the characters are great and the freaking world is insane! I recommende it so much!!!
  36. May 30, 2020
    I preordered this game after playing Xenoblade 2 and having a blast with that game. I was super excited, and now that I’ve played a good amount of it, here are my thoughts. Pros: -Combat (though not as polished as XC 2) is really fun to learn and use
    -Story is really engaging and is good at keeping things at a good pace
    -The music is phenomenal. Simple as that. -The frame rate and
    -Story is really engaging and is good at keeping things at a good pace
    -The music is phenomenal. Simple as that. -The frame rate and performance doesn’t dip at all really (at least in my experience)

Cons:
    -The art style is good, but the visuals overall aren’t as good as I was hoping, but they’re not horrendous. -Can initially be a very confusing and technically confusing game.

Overall, while not perfect, I think this game is a must play for anyone with a switch. And I’m having a blast playing it! Hopefully this gave a more balanced review of this game.
  37. May 30, 2020
    Omg I can't describe how good it is. Just wow, the gameplay is addictive, the characters are 10/10, side quests are fun, enemy's are fun to fight and much more. You have to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition on Nintendo Switch
  38. Jun 1, 2020
    Im speechless that the Game doesn't have a 10/10 metascore.
    Its a masterpiece !!!

Thats the best game i've ever played and i played a lot of games.
  39. Jun 2, 2020
    Le jeu est très bien remaker que ce soit au niveau des textures ou des personnages. Ma 1ère expérience avec cette licence fut avec xenoblade chronicles 2 et je dois dire que ce titre met une claque en tout point et c'est ce qui constitue le pilier des J-Rpg.
    Ce qui m'a attirer sur cette licence c'est la difficulté des combats, le scénario, l'univers et la bande son. Tout ceci agit en synergie et crée réellement quelque chose d'incroyable et c'est que j'ai retrouvé dans ce 1ère opus. C'était un departs de presque 0, comprendre toute les mécaniques de combats, comprendre la complexité de l'histoire qui je dois dire à son lot de rebondissements et tout ceci accompagné d'une d'une très belle bande son. Les personnages sont aussi attachants qie dans xenoblade chronicles 2

Ce qui m'a plu:
    - Les mécaniques de combats - l'univers vaste et incroyable - l'histoire - La bande son
    - La patte graphique (reprise de xenoblade chronicles 2)
    - Les personnages
    - Une belle remake - Le nouveau prologue Ce qui m'a déplu:
    - La résolution en mode portable (540p ça pique quand même un peu les yeux pourtant le moteur n'a pas l'air gourmand)
  40. May 31, 2020
    I don't enjoy it quite as much as 2, but it's certainly an amazing game. Great story, music, and combat. Everything is so much faster than the original game, and looks much nicer.
  41. May 31, 2020
    Stop reading reviews and play this masterpiece already. You are doing yourself a disservice if you pass this game up.
  42. May 31, 2020
    There’s nothing quite like stepping out onto Gaur Plains for the very first time — as the linear path ahead of you turns to rolling hills, towering cliff-sides and sprawling expanses of grassland.

It’s breathtaking in every sense of the word, as the orchestral soundtrack picks up around you. From here on out, the Bionis comes alive. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is not a

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is not a flawless experience. Repetitive quests and non-optimal handheld resolution becomes apparent as the game progresses, but ultimately does not take away from the experience. Regardless, it is a delightful mix of unforgettable locations, beautiful music and exciting storytelling, tied together by a dynamic cast of characters. Like many JRPG’s, the story has a slow start - which has put off many new players. But if you can make it past the opening hours, you have a game that will leave you yearning to experience it again for the very first time. The Definitive Edition keeps gameplay largely the same — a fast-paced battle system which allows you to move freely while choosing Artes, skills with a period of cool down. Though generic enemies don’t pose a challenge, unique monsters and bosses require thoughtful use of chain attacks and the foresight mechanic, which forces you to make split-second decisions in response to a devastating attack that will occur in the near future, keeping you on your toes. With the ability to switch between playable characters — from the DPS Shulk, the mage Melia and the evasion tank Dunban to name a few — combat never gets tiresome. If you’re feeling burned out, there are another 6 character play styles to try.

Of course, combat is but a small part of the game. Xenoblade Chronicles is supported by a cast of characters that rivals even the Tales series. Oftentimes in breaks in the story I would return to previous areas using the massively helpful fast-travel to complete a couple of quests with my band of misfits, just to hear Reyn say ‘what a buncha jokers’. If you’re someone that holds characters and their interwoven dynamics in high regard, Xenoblade fleshes out theirs and does not disappoint.

There is so much more to say about this game, but I feel it’s best experienced first-hand. As someone who played this beloved game on the New 3DS, if you’re playing this for the very first time on the Switch, with its updated graphics and modernised UI, you’re in for something unforgettable. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition really doesn’t feel like a game — it feels alive and emotive. Never before have I been so immersed in a games locations, lore, and story. If you’re even the slightest bit intrigued, or have a niche for JRPG’s, play the game. And after you’ve sunk tens, potentially hundreds of hours into the game, play it again, wishing desperately to experience it again for the first time.
  43. Jun 1, 2020
    Look, its a rly great game, i love it rly. Story is good, Gameplay is good. Yes, u see that game is 10 Years old even with new Textures and morebut does it rly matter how it looks if u have fun?
    I Enjoy it, so much to do and explore.
  44. Jun 7, 2020
    I'm about 20 hours in and the story is completely bonkers it's so good the twists and turns are crazy. This is an extremely story driven game but the combat is still pretty fun an absolute must buy unless you really dislike story based games.
  45. Jun 2, 2020
    Xenoblade chronicles DE est un excellent jeu à la base, remis au goût du jour et jouable sur switch. L'histoire est palpitante, et quand on croit arriver à son terme, on réalise qu'on en est encore loin. Ce faux dénouement survient 3 fois, et trois fois, j'ai été surpris de l'ampleur du jeu. Avec un newgame+ costaud, et le nouveau mode expert, le jeu sur switch a gagné en intensité.
    Il y
    Il y a aussi un épilogue inédit, que je n'ai pas pu voir encore, mais dont j'attends pas mal.
  46. May 30, 2020
    El problema con este juego es la resolución, pero fuera de eso gráficamente es mucho bastante mejor al de Wii.

Al ver esto, instantaneamente querrás jugarlo en NS y creo que jamás debió que existir en Wii, los gráficos en este remaster tienen estilo de dibujo, el pobre intento de Wii era hacerlos ver de carnes y hueso, era imposible que eso envejeciera bien. Sobra decir lo demás,

Sobra decir lo demás, porque ya habrás leído reseñas.

Ah si... otro problema para mi es el precio, debería bajarse por el tipo de resolución que entrega, y ya teniendo consolas que vana ser el triple de potentes que NS a la vuelta de la esquina no se me hace tan justo que valga lo mismo a otros juegos que si están más acordes al estándar actual.

Porque lo que se vende podría ser un juego de PS3 iniciante, no va ni a 720p, es casi un juego del 2004 ,guau... es demasiado retrasado en ese aspecto, ¡¡¡16 años!!!!
  47. Jun 2, 2020
    One of the bedt JRPG's if not THE best of all time! Story is very good, mechanics and Tactics are deep, unbelievable amount of sidequests and lovely character.

A must play and have for every Switch owner
  48. Jun 1, 2020
    So what do you get when you remake a masterpiece to fix almost all of its very few flaws. You get a 10/10 game is what happens. My only complaint with this game is that the animations are still very shoddy and unsynced. Of course, Monolithsoft did the best they could using a 10-year old animations engine, and would've haved to delay the project several more years if they did this. ButSo what do you get when you remake a masterpiece to fix almost all of its very few flaws. You get a 10/10 game is what happens. My only complaint with this game is that the animations are still very shoddy and unsynced. Of course, Monolithsoft did the best they could using a 10-year old animations engine, and would've haved to delay the project several more years if they did this. But other than that, the game is still the best JRPG of all time. Expand
  49. May 31, 2020
    Don't let that 89 critic score fool you, this is the best way to play Xenoblade Chronicles, the Definitive Edition of the game builds on the original and more. The soundtrack is beautiful and powerful, you are able to switch between the originals or the new arranged ones. They've made UI changes that make the gameplay more amazing to play including an Expert mode and causal lettingDon't let that 89 critic score fool you, this is the best way to play Xenoblade Chronicles, the Definitive Edition of the game builds on the original and more. The soundtrack is beautiful and powerful, you are able to switch between the originals or the new arranged ones. They've made UI changes that make the gameplay more amazing to play including an Expert mode and causal letting everyone experience the game on their terms and the improved graphics show how bad original looked and how amazing DE does. The resolution when in handheld isn't a big difference to when its docked, the character models and settings still looked fantastic. Oh, and the story the characters is the crowning achievement of this game to put it simply it's a masterpiece. Some cons of the game are however are dated the animations for characters in cuts scenes everyone looks great but when certain characters run it just looks goofy and unfortunately since the original language of the game is Japanese there is no lipsync for the English dub however this is common in JRPGs these are only nitpicks it doesn't take away the experience of the game. The Extra Story mode and challenges are a great addition to this already massive game. This is one of the best JRPGs of all time, don't overlook this game you'll regret it! Expand
  50. May 31, 2020
    Must play for any jrpg fan. Amazing story and world building, that keeps you entertained for hours and hours.
  51. Jun 1, 2020
    Played the sequel on the switch and liked it, but the original is so much better. I am really happy to see it on the switch in hd, with a new story to boot.
  52. Jun 2, 2020
    I preface this review by saying i have played and completed xenoblade chronicles 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, as well as every other Xenoblade game except the Wii original.
    This game is a masterpiece. Never in my life has a work of fiction captivated me to the level of this video game. I would say the four things i love it for the most are the story, characters, music and exploration. This game gives you a huge world to explore, with beautiful environments and secret areas all around the 2 titans which are the setting of the game. The main character, Shulk, sets out with his friend Reyn for revenge on the inhabitants of the other titans, mechon (evil machines). The story is gripping and although at a couple of points slow, it is emotional, well crafted and enjoyable. I would spoil so much, but I want to keep this review for those who have never played. There are unexpected twists which were foreshadowed, but you never see them coming. The characters are lovable, relatable, optimistic and well voiced, you really feel like you're on a journey with them. Shulk's visions add to the core 3 aspects of the game: story, combat and exploration. These are well executed and interesting. The music is just shockingly good, the best in any game. you can switch between the original and remastered tracks any time for both battle and area themes. I regularly listen to the tracks out of the game. They can be emotional, intense, jovial or melancholy and suit their scenes well. The graphics are the best they've ever been. I have not played in handheld mode yet, as i think this is best played on a big screen with headphones on. For this you can get a powerA enhanced wired controller or audio afterglow controller. The textures models and effects are fantastic, i would say the best looking xenoblade game yet. I have experienced no resolution issues.
    There are also some fun side quests, only some however are worth the effort. The combat is great fun and can be optimised to death. It focuses on positioning, preparation, timing and customisation. There are also loads of optional challenging bosses to fight.
    Do yourself a favour and pick this game up right now.
  53. Jun 9, 2020
    Wonderful game, one of, if not the absolute best jrpgs of the past decade. The creative, diverse, vast world, great cast of excellently voice acted characters, superb music and writing, very fun and strategical combat, and a riveting, unique story make this game truly one of a kind. A must buy for jrpg fans, and even those who aren’t fans of the genre may find enjoyment in it as well.
  54. Jun 10, 2020
    I'm a huge Xenoblade fan. Definitive Edition is a faithful recreation of the first and best game in the series. The remastered soundtrack blows the doors off the original, which used to be my favourite video game soundtrack. However, the daytime area theme for Makna Forest is missing a flourish in the percussion near the beginning that makes it sound a bit off to devotees of the franchise.I'm a huge Xenoblade fan. Definitive Edition is a faithful recreation of the first and best game in the series. The remastered soundtrack blows the doors off the original, which used to be my favourite video game soundtrack. However, the daytime area theme for Makna Forest is missing a flourish in the percussion near the beginning that makes it sound a bit off to devotees of the franchise. The art style is more consistent, as the original game didn't have a coordinated art team. The overall graphics are on par with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which is good. The story is phenomenal and is unchanged from the original. I haven't finished the new epilogue, but have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. This game is a must-play for anyone who likes JRPGs and hasn't played the original, which I presume is a lot of people. Expand
  55. Jun 22, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is an outstanding modern JRPG that improves significantly on the original. The characters, environments, music, UI and the quest system are all improved amazingly and makes up for all the flaws of the original.

Combat remains fun throughout the game, (that is at least if you aren't a Shulk one-trick) because every character feels unique. The newly added trail mode makes a fun addition to the game as well.

The music is phenomenal and always captures the right feeling based on the situation.

The story is amazingly written and you can always relate with the characters.

The world is unlike any other games and exploring it is a treat in itself.

In other words this game is amazing and it is 100% worth you time and money. I can't recommend this game enough and I can't wait to see what Monolithsoft does next.
  56. Jul 28, 2020
    Never played the original, even though I was always curious to play for myself this game since I heard so many wonders about it.
    When it was first announced for the Nintendo Switch it was already in my wish list for videogames this year. It took a while to complete it (165 hours) but damn wasn´t all those hours well spent. Never thought I would've liked this game as much as I did. It has plenty of charm! Each character is unique with their own stories and their own ideals and with the story progression you'll start to feel really connected to them and their ambitions because the story is so beautiful, so well crafted.
    The combat is addicting and as you learn new arts and new party members appear there are a lot more strategies in your gameplay and it turns it even more fun. It can be quite painful to understand at first but once you get it, it becomes the most addicting thing in the whole game.
    The OST is magnificent, every sound is really good and lovely, it's really nice to hear those masterpieces while exploring the world. The world of Xenoblade not only has enjoyable sounds but it has a lot of good and gorgeous places to visit, it's amazing to explore and it also has a lot of varied enemies in each place. Sidequests are maybe the only letdown since they're not that memorable but they're also nice to do and are valuable to the gigantic affinity chart the game offers.
    In conclusion, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is almost a perfect game, a perfect JRPG it's a game that excels in everything from story to OST to gameplay which becomes really addictive once you get to play it's first few hours.
  57. Jul 2, 2020
    Although this wonderful game came out 10 years ago, it still surpasses most modern day triple A releases. A must-play for any RPG and a great starting point for anyone who wants to become one
  58. Jul 24, 2020
    Every minor flaw that was in the original game has been completely ironed out, resulting in one of the best gaming experiences ever made. I can't reccomend this enough
  59. Jun 20, 2020
    I wish I could rate this game higher. It is in a league of its own. The story, the characters, the gameplay, the music! Everything is so freaking good! A lot of replay value after beating the game as well in new game+ and also a new side story. In my opinion Xenoblade chronicles was already one of the best games ever made when it was on the Wii, and this HD remake made it even better.
  60. Jul 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my first time with this game and it was probably the best JRPG experience in a while. From twist villains like Mumkahr and Dickson to sprawling areas such as Guar Plain and Valak Snowfields and an engaging combat system, this game proves time and time again that it lives up to the hype. I probably enjoyed this better than Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade 1 has more story, more enjoyable characters so on. That being said Xenoblade 2 is still pretty good but this is much better. (Less anime tropes) If you want an action JRPG with lots of content and exploration, this is it. Can’t get much better. The captivating story will leave you astonished and will make you surprised. Don’t take my word for it, buy this amazing game. Expand
  61. Jul 19, 2020
    N

N

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is everything I could’ve asked for and more! I didn’t expect much going into Xenoblade DE because I had seen the gameplay and wasn’t really a fan, but after playing it I must say that it is one of the best gameplay experiences I have had! I understand that Xenoblade’s gameplay isn’t for everyone and that tons of other games have considerably better gameplay and graphics. But Xenoblade’s gameplay just fits what I like in a game so well! There’s a ton of strategy involved before and during a fight, which is something I’ve always enjoyed. And the story is amazing and honestly holds up pretty well 10 years later. All of the twists in the game genuinely caught me off guard and shocked me. The world is AMAZING! Every location is amazing in their own way, and the sights in places like Valak Mountain, Eryth Sea, and Satorl Marsh at night are truly some of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen in any form of media, and that is no exaggeration! The music is amazing in every single aspect of the word! The battle themes, especially You Will Know Our Names, Mechanical Rhythm, and Time to Fight from FC get me excited and hyped while pieces like the Fallen Land in Fallen Arm and Valak Mountain’s Night Theme are calming and peaceful. The entire OST is full of amazing tracks that truly captivate you. The characters are amazing and well voiced, especially Shulk. Adam Howden does not get enough praise for his outstanding performance as Shulk. Adam Howden perfectly encapsulates Shulk’s character with his heart wrenching yells and screams to his calm, kind, and warm talking voice. I truly cannot praise this game enough! It has easily become my favorite video game of all time, dethroning BOTW, which speaks numbers about its profound effect on me. I understand that the gameplay may not be the most exciting for a lot of people since it is very niche, but if you are even slightly interested, I cannot recommend this game enough. This game and series are highly underrated and deserve much more praise and acclaim than they already receive. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitige Edition to me is not just a game; it is an experience that can only be truly appreciated once you play it for yourself. All I can say is please buy this game. You will absolutely not regret it.
  62. Jun 6, 2020
    This game is a masterpiece in all areas. The setting, the music, the unique battle system and especially the story from start to finish. This updated version of the Wii game is better than the original thanks to all the new enhancements and quality of life changes they added. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is a must own game for the Nintendo Switch.
  63. Jun 9, 2020
    IGN not smart and this game is amazing play it if you haven’t and make sure you don’t get spoiled on the story
  64. Jul 2, 2020
    Alright, this is my first review and I probably dunno how to write them, but here goes. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is simply one of the best games I have played ever. After less than 10 hours of play I knew that this was one of my favorite games of all time. I am a huge RPG fan and... wow. This is probably the best I've played. Each area is massive, and allows for unparalleledAlright, this is my first review and I probably dunno how to write them, but here goes. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is simply one of the best games I have played ever. After less than 10 hours of play I knew that this was one of my favorite games of all time. I am a huge RPG fan and... wow. This is probably the best I've played. Each area is massive, and allows for unparalleled exploration. I thought BOTW had it down, and it did but... man. This game NAILS it. Its combat system is also unique. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get a hang of it it is great, and extremely deep. I have not beat the game yet but MAN, that story is amazing. It does a really good job of keeping suspense and I have had points where I'm dying to know who those people are in that one cutscene. Speaking of cutscenes, the voice acting is top notch. Its all very british, retaining that feel from the original (which I have not played). That voice acting does contrast will the japanese-eyness (word) of the game, but works SO WELL. And the music, the MUSIC! I am an audiofile, so this is very important to me. It is outstanding. I cannot even begin to describe how good it is. It works so well everywhere, especially in the emotional cutscenes. The worlds are creative, the characters memorable, and everything works so well. PLAY THIS GAME. Trust me, it is one of the finest experiences gaming has to offer. It has shattered my every expectation and has done so for many others. Please from the bottom of my heart, play it. Expand
  65. Jun 20, 2020
    So, I was introduced to Xenoblade by playing the 3DS version (I know, not the best way haha). Even with the tone down graphics and inconsistent frame rate, I fell in love with the game. The characters, the world building, the soundtrack... OMG, the soundtrack. This game simply rocks. However, I managed to lost my over 100 hours save and was very, very sad. Then Nintendo announced theSo, I was introduced to Xenoblade by playing the 3DS version (I know, not the best way haha). Even with the tone down graphics and inconsistent frame rate, I fell in love with the game. The characters, the world building, the soundtrack... OMG, the soundtrack. This game simply rocks. However, I managed to lost my over 100 hours save and was very, very sad. Then Nintendo announced the Definitive Edition.
    Oh man, oh boy, this is definitely Definitive!
    The graphics are all revamped, but every single aspect that made the original great are here. I could fall in love again with Shulk, Fiora, Reyn, Dunban, Sharla and all the gang. Some of the soundtrack was redone and managed to be even more awesome (and you can still select to listen to the original too).
    And more, a new chapter is included and, while a bit short, makes this version it even more enticing for those who played the original over and over.

If you like a complex JRPG with fantastic world, crazy yet consistent (and intriguing!) plot and lovable characters, you will LOVE this game!

If you have already played the original, go for it as well. The new content and remastered graphics/audio are well worth it. Besides, rewatching the intro with the new graphics made me go all "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!" all over again!

Damn, I love this game!
  66. Jun 19, 2020
    This game got me into JRPG’s when it came out on the Wii, and now the remaster has replaced it as my favorite game of all time. Also, I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it’s gross objectification if its female characters turned me off BIG TIME and the combat is just not as good. While Chronicles 1 isn’t free of the objectification/pandering issue, it’s minor enough that it didn’t hinderThis game got me into JRPG’s when it came out on the Wii, and now the remaster has replaced it as my favorite game of all time. Also, I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it’s gross objectification if its female characters turned me off BIG TIME and the combat is just not as good. While Chronicles 1 isn’t free of the objectification/pandering issue, it’s minor enough that it didn’t hinder my experience with the game and thus it still deserves a 10/10 Expand
  67. Jun 20, 2020
    very beautiful world and good level design. Battle system is great. Good jrpg. Would recomend to play
  68. Jun 20, 2020
    One of the best games of all time I recommend for any fan of RPGs. This game also appeals to non RPG fans aswell
  69. Jun 21, 2020
    Stories great, It's just a really good game. Trust me. 10/10 would play again
  70. Jun 22, 2020
    The single best game I have ever played, and I dont even like RPGs. Must buy for every Switch owner, video games dont get much better than Xenoblade Chronicles 1.
  71. Jul 2, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles is already one of the best JRPG's ever made, and this remaster amplifies that ten times. A beautiful looking, well refined game that makes it easier to manage and understand, and is an example of where Monolithsoft may take the series in the future.
  72. Jul 14, 2020
    Such a great JRPG! The different areas are beautiful and together with their more beautiful music tracks they are just amazing. The characters are all well written everybody has is own point of view, which makes the story so great. Reasons for that are interesting characters, plot twists, which are very surprising and also the backstory of each individual. I only played it because i knewSuch a great JRPG! The different areas are beautiful and together with their more beautiful music tracks they are just amazing. The characters are all well written everybody has is own point of view, which makes the story so great. Reasons for that are interesting characters, plot twists, which are very surprising and also the backstory of each individual. I only played it because i knew Shulk from Smash, i didn't think it would be that good but now, after I finished the game, I have to say it is one of my favourite games of all time. You should definitely give it a try. Expand
  73. Jul 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is perhaps the greatest JRPG available on the switch and even one of the best RPGs in general. I never got the chance to play this game on the Wii and I wasn't even familiar with the franchise until Shulk was added into Super Smash Bros. Little did I know that this game would end up being one of my favorite games ever. There are three major things that make an RPG enjoyable to me: The storyline, the combat, and the exploration/environments.

Starting with the storyline, I personally did not understand the hype of this game right off the bat. I won't say I found it boring but I initially didn't think it lived up to the hype it was getting. There's 17 chapters in this game and early on I did not find every single chapter to be amazing story wise. Chapters 1 and 2 were both did a good job with getting my attention and interest. However things started to slow down a little bit from chapters 3 - 6. Again, these chapters weren't unbearably boring but there wasn't anything outstanding or jaw dropping like certain events in chapter 2. I found myself getting completely invested in the storyline after I found my sixth party member, and when I got to chapter 9 I couldn't stop thinking about what would possibly happen next. I didn't see this at the time but the earlier chapters pretty much consisted of meeting new party members and getting to know them. While it isn't very heavy story wise, it really plays a role in learning about your party members and really gets you attached to them. That being said, this games storyline isn't only fantastic among video games, but it even tops plenty of movies and books that I've come across. As shown in the reveal trailer, this game does deal with "the future." This topic has been done plenty of times but Xenoblade manages to do this topic in a way that I haven't really seen done often. What I find amazing though is how unpredictable the game became. Back in middle school I was taught that an essay had to have 6 points: Introduction, rising action, conflict, climax, falling action, and conclusion. However with Xenoblade it only ever got better! Everytime I thought I reached the climax or the main plot point of the game it only turned out to be the tip of the iceberg and I LOVED it. From chapter 9 - 17 I was constantly kept on my toes. My playthrough LITERALLY became the embodiment of the "I don't need sleep I need answers" meme.

Moving on to the combat, I absolutely adore how fresh and unique Xenoblades combat is. It takes the strategy of turn based games like pokemon and proceeds to apply it to real time action. The use of the D-Pad might not be for everyone but thankfully you can switch around your controls with button mapping. That being said, Xenoblades combat has a lot more depth than meets the eye. In fact, Xenoblade is one of the few games I've played where you can beat the hardest post game boss at the lowest level possible assuming you have the right strategy and you're smart enough. (This is only possible through expert mode but my point still remains) I never once got bored of finding new strategies and learning more about the combat. In addition to this, you don't have to worried about being overleveled at any point because expert mode allows you to remove Exp from your party members and store it in a reserve, meaning you can decrease your level however you want without any consequence.

The environments of this game are fantastic, and truthfully I would argue that some areas are even prettier than breath of the wild. I mentioned before that I found some of the early chapters to be nothing special story-wise, but I love that the environments really picked up during these points in the storyline. I found a lot of places where the story lacked, the scenery and environments were so much fun to explore. There's so many places that the game doesn't require you to go too and I love that the game actually rewards you for exploring the areas. Every new landmark and location you find will reward you with Exp and every item you collect can be logged in the "collectopedia" which can get you some pretty useful items in return. However, I think one of my favorite things about this game is the fact that you can encounter level 80 monsters at such a low level, I'll never forget the thrill I got when I first found some of these giant beasts. Not all of them are aggressive so it doesn't really hinder your exploration factor.

Even beyond the environments, combat, and story, there are so many things that deserve attention. The soundtrack was absolutely phenomenal, there were plenty of times where I didn't mind grinding or wandering around aimlessly just because I was admiring the music. The post-game is absolutely massive, there's so much replayability that I can't list it all in this review. All I can say is that this is a must-play. if you're interested at all in buying this DON'T SLEEP ON IT because honestly, it's worth every penny.
  74. Aug 5, 2020
    This is simply one of the greatest JRPG experiences of all time. Fantastic and engrossing story, a lovable and memorable cast of characters, a legendary soundtrack, a creative battle system that stays fresh 50+ hours into the game, and thanks to the Switch's hardware, the game looks better than it ever has. I really cannot recommend this game enough. Truly a masterpiece of modern RPGs.
  75. Aug 17, 2020
    One of the greatest games I have ever played, reimagined in a beautiful fashion. Numerous quality of life upgrades fix some minor issues from the original alongside an incredible graphical overhaul with a completely fresh, yet familiar rescoring of the gorgeous soundtrack. A few songs proved to be a miss for me, but the vast majority proved to be greatly improved from before. This is trulyOne of the greatest games I have ever played, reimagined in a beautiful fashion. Numerous quality of life upgrades fix some minor issues from the original alongside an incredible graphical overhaul with a completely fresh, yet familiar rescoring of the gorgeous soundtrack. A few songs proved to be a miss for me, but the vast majority proved to be greatly improved from before. This is truly the definitive way to play Xenoblade Chronicles, a game which I already revered as one of the greatest games of all time prior to this release, and I cannot recommend it enough. Expand
  76. May 29, 2020
    Words cannot describe the harmony of this game. Everything flows so effortlessly together in this JRPG Masterpiece, the world of the Bionis and Mechonis will go down in gaming history as two of the best worlds to explore. The scale is astonishing, you truly feel the world around you with each body part acting as a different environment, hosting many different creatures, sights and secrets.Words cannot describe the harmony of this game. Everything flows so effortlessly together in this JRPG Masterpiece, the world of the Bionis and Mechonis will go down in gaming history as two of the best worlds to explore. The scale is astonishing, you truly feel the world around you with each body part acting as a different environment, hosting many different creatures, sights and secrets. The more you travel the better your surroundings, there is no down point when it comes to the artistic visual design of this game. This is all accompanied by one of the best soundtracks ever, it perfectly matches the tone of the world your in and fuels your thirst and thrive for adventure. The music in this game was already amazing but the remastered versions absolutely blew me away, in honestly baffles me how they managed to improve on perfection. The story is a roller coaster of emotional twists, the subtle use of foreshadowing the games major events is simply genius. Replaying the game a second time you will instantly realise that nothing happened randomly, everything has a reason, and this is backed up by a wonderful, well developed cast of characters. Shulk is truly a Hero, although he may appear to be the "typical" nobody turned hero protagonist at first, his story goes beyond expectations when it comes to personal development, what is he fighting for, why is he gifted, who will he become. Even his companions match this level of development with their own arcs, they aren't simple side characters that have tagged along just because. Combat is made so much for engaging thanks to the updated UI, it is much cleaner, sharper and easier to understand. As well as this, navigation is less chaotic with a better designed map/compass system, which admittedly does take away some pleasure from exploring this amazing world, but does ultimately balance getting too lost and potentially getting annoyed over nothing. Speaking of, side quests are so much easier to log and complete thanks to the new Quest Screen, which will allow the player to properly guide you on what needs to be done. Another feature I praise is the ability to wear any Equipment without having to sacrifice your physical appearance, Shulk could be dressed in his swimsuit with the best items in the game during the final boss if it so pleased you, no having to give up your amazing stats. Finally I must talk about Future Connected. This is a great little gift, the Bionis Shoulder is massive, and is a lot more diverse then I original thought. Again, the music is beautiful, the composers really outdid themselves. The story focuses heavy on Melia, finishing her character arc along side Shulk, who is great in this side story but isn't the main focus, and two new characters Nene and Kino, who are two of the best Nopon in Xenoblade Chronicles, dare I say outshine their father... these four have great chemistry throughout this 10 - 12 hour story, which focuses on the aftermath of the orginal game. Honestly, more questions are asked than answered, unfortunately there is no major connection to any other Xenoblade games from what I can tell and is simply a nice conclusion to Melia's story. Is it worth buying for this story alone, that's a hard question to answer. I would say yes to everyone except for those who don't want to play the main game, that is still the major highlight of this package.

I can't recommend this game enough, this truly is a once in a life time experience. Please do not spoil the game for yourself or others, you will regret it. An easy 10/10.
  77. May 29, 2020
    The best version of the videogame of Monolith Software.
    This is the perfect game in this period
  78. May 29, 2020
    A remaster of won of the greatest jrpg's ever made plus it has a new expansion to the original story. It's confusing how this game doesn't have a higher score than the original.
  79. May 29, 2020
    Compared with the original version, the remastered version adds a casual mode to make it easier for new players to get started
    The game pictures look very comfortable and the UI is more friendly
    Regardless of whether you have played or not, it is recommended to play
    a masterpiece
  80. May 29, 2020
    The best story, really good graphics, amazing anime style. The new soundtrack sounds really good and the new epilogue is very interesting, can´t wait to get a new game of this saga!
  81. May 29, 2020
    One of the best JRPGs ever made now remastered. This is how a legendary game has to be respected. Same game, better graphics, better gameplay. better music. more content. but in the end: the same game. Learn SE.
  82. jte
    May 29, 2020
    My favorite game of all time remade for my favorite Nintendo console of all time. It’s a dream come true . The story, music, characters , and beautiful scenery is what makes this game a masterpiece for me . I also really enjoy the gameplay :) . If you haven’t played , please I beg you to at least try it out. This game is a game I will never get tired of playing
  83. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade was already considered a masterpiece of a game, but all of these quality of life changes and not to mention the graphical upgrade just enhance the experience by a thousand fold. Monolithsoft truly out did themselves and I hope their next entry in this franchise will be just as good as the first Xenoblade Chronicles.
  84. May 29, 2020
    Amazing update! This is the true definitive edition and have some new content with future connected. A true masterpiece, one of the best rpg ever made.
  85. May 29, 2020
    Fans of the JRPG genre in possession of the Nintendo Switch would commit a crime to not buy a copy of this masterpiece made in Monolith Soft. And I want to exaggerate: if you do not yet own Nintendo Switch, this is a great reason to buy it. Well yes, such is the value of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: probably in five or more years we will talk about it again as a turning pointFans of the JRPG genre in possession of the Nintendo Switch would commit a crime to not buy a copy of this masterpiece made in Monolith Soft. And I want to exaggerate: if you do not yet own Nintendo Switch, this is a great reason to buy it. Well yes, such is the value of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: probably in five or more years we will talk about it again as a turning point in a market that needs ideas and projects of this magnitude. Expand
  86. May 29, 2020
    A modern JRPG Classic. Old fans can enjoy the best JRPG of this modern era, and new fans are in for a treat. The characters are memorable, the world is beautiful, the OST is amazing, and the game looks a lot better. And well...what else is there to say? Monolithsoft took a masterpiece and made it even better. For those curious, don’t sleep on this game. There’s a casual mode for newA modern JRPG Classic. Old fans can enjoy the best JRPG of this modern era, and new fans are in for a treat. The characters are memorable, the world is beautiful, the OST is amazing, and the game looks a lot better. And well...what else is there to say? Monolithsoft took a masterpiece and made it even better. For those curious, don’t sleep on this game. There’s a casual mode for new players so the can enjoy the game without the difficulty. So yeah, buy this game. Expand
  87. Grp
    May 29, 2020
    This is truly one of the best JRPGs of all time. Close to perfection, and a great improvement over the original. 10/10
  88. May 29, 2020
    Simply amazing! I’m gobsmacked! I never played the original but always wanted too. I can’t take bad graphics which is why I could never try it before but this remaster is as good as a complete remake in my opinion ! Thanks monolith you’re guys rock !
  89. May 29, 2020
    I have quit Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii years ago because I was waiting for this, and it finally did, at long last I can finally play Xenoblade Chronicles 1 with a decent controller, better QoL changes, and put Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where it belongs: into the trash.

XC:DE is essentially a remastered version of the original game from wii and with some added bonus like the extra campaign, added QoL changes like quest tracking and signs for moves, and of course that (horrendous) anime style that reeks of Xenoblade 2. This is probably my biggest nitpick of all because the original wii version had a style more reminiscent of a final fantasy game, which was pretty good and it fit the style of the game, but now they took the AWFUL style of Xenoblade 2, which already didn't know which style to stick with, and made the characters into anime characters.

To be very fair, some characters do look fine like Melia, Shulk, Sharla and even Riki looks nicer, but some others look terrible (What have they done to you Reyn and Fiora?) and some don't even look much different (Dickson, Mumkhar, Dunban etc). It's very hit or miss and I wish they'd stick with the original game style...but at the very least it's one style instead of hundreds like in XC2.

With that out of the way, the game is just like 10 years ago: the combat is fast, it's fun, it's tactical and basically, what XC2 should've been (and what XCX did but not as good), you have skill trees which allow each character to have up to 5 talent trees, with each character having the ability of a skill link that allows borrowing a talent from one of the characters - based on the friendship level. Skills can be upgraded further via points and books, allowing them to become even stronger, and thanks to the talent trees each character is capable to be ACTUALLY multiple role (I will never forget swimsuit dunban with so much strength he was a dps machine). The amount of customization in this game is maddening and truly shows the amount of care this game received, including different armor for each character (YES, actual armor showing in a jrpg, when was the last time you saw this?) incredible large areas to explore, crafting, trading, building (for the colonies), and much, much, MUCH, MUCH more!

In all honesty, the bad things I could tell, are very minimal but still quite annoying. For one the gem removal could've been tweaked better. Aggro is still an issue and Reyn isn't all that better, requiring me to stack up aggro gems to avoid others from being obliterated. Expert mode is a joke and it's basically XC2 way of banking experience instead of using them right away instead of, you know, an actual difficulty option (there is Casual mode but the game is a joke already). Jumping is very floaty and really unreliable even in this version, the minimap is incredibly small and the large map (pressing the L analog) is too big and not well zoomed. Still only 3 slots but at the very least you get an autosave.

And personally, my biggest pet peeve is the price point: 60 euros for a remaster is quite a lot and really didn't sit well to me when you can buy remasters - and remakes too - for much less. Don't take me wrong, the game is worth all its money, and the extra campaign is a nice touch, but would you pay 60 euros for a hd remaster of, say, Final Fantasy 10? or Dragon quest 8? It's a 10-year-old game, it shouldn't be priced like a recent game, especially when it's quite literally the same game on the Wii with improved graphics and nothing more (the voice acting is the same as the Wii version, and the music, while re-arranged, it was still good back in the way).

And I'm fairly sure the extra campaign isn't worth the 60 euro price point either and if we can compare it to Torna, it won't be longer than 20 hours.

But It's sad to say that, despite the price issue and the minimal tweaking done, it shows this game is as solid as a rock: this game was good back in 2010 and it's still good today, and there's hardly any other jrpg that can be compared to this when it comes to content.

The only issue I could add is that the story is...okay, and very predictable, but I'll take this story over XC2 anytime so it's still solid!

So if you're curious, and you want to play a PROPER Xenoblade chronicles after that disgrace of a sequel called 2, then this is the game you must play. It's a solid jrpg in every way and it's easily one of the best jrpg of all time.
  90. May 29, 2020
    This game and this series in general is great. I never played the original Wii version but the graphical overhaul has allowed me to enjoy this great experience. One of my all time favorite RPGs
  91. May 29, 2020
    This really is one of the best RPGs of all time. You shouldn't overlook this one out.
  92. May 29, 2020
    Un jeu incroyable que je conseille à tous le monde d'y jouer, ce jeu possède une des meilleures ost jamais vu dans un jeu. Le monde du jeu est unique, le gameplay est bon
  93. May 29, 2020
    This Game Will ve always a classic. Great soundtrack, excellent storyline, a Big world to explore and awesome battle system.
  94. May 29, 2020
    This game is OUTSTANDING and puts Final Fantasy 7 R into a shame. If you like RPG(not only jRPGs), this is a must have. Story is a top-notch, music the best in any video game imo(and I have played Nier) and battle system is surprisingly fun. I didn't expect that. Views are also impressive. This is one of these "life games"
  95. May 29, 2020
    Its graphic section that now looks like anime suits you wonderfully, its history, characters and duration are incredible
  96. Jun 1, 2020
    This is truly a perfect JRPG and you would be remiss not to give it a try, and learning the combat system is easier than ever with the upgraded UI and in-game tutorials.

Monolith Soft has managed to perfectly update this game as a definitive edition while leaving everything that made it perfect intact. The upgraded character models, textures, and especially the UI, tutorials, and quest tracking have removed any flaws that existed in the past.

The voice acting and story remain phenomenal, the character development and story development are some of the best I have ever experienced in a game, and of course the environments are the crown jewel.

Gameplay: 9
    Story: 10
    Design: 10
    Music: 10
    UI: 9
    Overall: 10
  97. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition es una obra maestra con hermosos gráficos, un soundtrack espectacular, una jugabilidad incomparable.
    Es un juego que te dará muchísimas horas y que siempre te hará querer regresar a seguir avanzando en su maravillosa historia.
    No te debes perder este juegazo solo por el aspecto de su resolución dinámica, en todos los demás aspectos es sobresaliente.
    La historia añadida te darán mínimo 10 horas de pura diversión, sin ninguna duda es la edición definitiva de uno de los mejores JRPG de la historia.
  98. May 29, 2020
    Amazing xenoblade rebirth this amazing history ,AND enjoy future conectec haber justice yo Meliá
  99. May 29, 2020
    The game pictures look very comfortable and the UI is more friendly
    Regardless of whether you have played or not, it is recommended to play
  100. May 30, 2020
    Extremely fun and awesome, the new epilogue is also very good and equally stunning, I can't think of any negatives

Generally favorable reviews - based on 92 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Oct 26, 2020
    This has been a delight in a dark time in humanity's history. [Issue #48 – September/October 2020, p. 74]
  2. Sep 14, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles is still one of the best games of the genre, which 10 years later continues to delight and surprise with a unique world, luxurious epic landscapes, an incredible sense of freedom, beautiful music and a really interesting story. Of course, it is a pity that the Definitive Edition has a technical limitation in terms of resolution, which does not allow the image to really shine in 2020, but otherwise it is a chic project that every fan of the genre of adventure and Japanese role-playing games should play.
  3. Jul 20, 2020
    It’s hard to believe this is a game that released in 2012 and not more recently. Though there are some dated and heavy systems, the atmosphere and a combat system that gives freedom and depth make Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition an RPG for the ages.