9.0

1. May 29, 2020
    Words can't describe how amazing this JRPG still is 10 years later. The characters are so memorable. The music is outstanding. The world is so imaginative that it's still yet to be outclassed by anything else since it's debut in 2010. The story keeps you guessing with it's mystery, and the story is an absolute masterclass because it's so well written and perfectly executed with plot twistsWords can't describe how amazing this JRPG still is 10 years later. The characters are so memorable. The music is outstanding. The world is so imaginative that it's still yet to be outclassed by anything else since it's debut in 2010. The story keeps you guessing with it's mystery, and the story is an absolute masterclass because it's so well written and perfectly executed with plot twists that even had me shook! If you're a fan of JRPG's then you owe it to yourself to dive into this masterpiece. Expand
  2. May 29, 2020
    The original Xenoblade Chronicles was already one of the best games i've ever played. With its amazing story, characters, soundtrack and gameplay, it's hard not to fall in love with the game.
    Definitive Edition takes most stuff the original did and makes it better! Character models are now good, the soundtrack got remastered, a bunch of QOL upgrades got added to the game, etc.
    So overall,
    So overall, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is my favorite game of all time.
  3. May 29, 2020
    Currently the best JRPG system and story for me. Xenoblade chronicles and persona are the top JRPG, each give different flavours
  4. May 29, 2020
    this is, in my opinion, a masterpiece and is the best the series has to offer.
  5. May 29, 2020
    I am really enjoying the game so far. Its definitely better than Xenoblade 2 in my opinion. The combat is enjoyable and exploring is enjoyable. This game is a masterpiece 10/10
  6. May 29, 2020
    The best and most complete version of one of the best (J)RPG's of all time.
    Most of the Models, Soundtrack, Textures etc. have been redone in the new Xenoblade2 Engine.
  7. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles was already a masterpiece among masterpieces with it's incredible story, interesting world, beautiful environments, memorable characters, engaging battle system and amazing soundtrack. This game doesn't miss a mark on any of those things. The original's only noteworthy issues were it's side quest tracking and UI/battle HUD; some may even argue that graphics was anXenoblade Chronicles was already a masterpiece among masterpieces with it's incredible story, interesting world, beautiful environments, memorable characters, engaging battle system and amazing soundtrack. This game doesn't miss a mark on any of those things. The original's only noteworthy issues were it's side quest tracking and UI/battle HUD; some may even argue that graphics was an 'issue' for the original even though graphics should never make or break whether a game is good or not. Anyway, the Definitive Edition has addressed every issue with an incredible amount of quality of life changes and additions. Monolithsoft have knocked it out the park with this one and anyone who is a fan of JRPGs should definitely pick up this game up. Even if this is your first JRPG, they've made it so much easier for newcomers to be introduced into the amazing world that is the Xenoblade Chronicles series. This game a special one for sure and lives up to it's praise and hype. And I didn't even mention that there's extra content that was cut from the original game which already had a lot of content in it.

I'd like to take this opportunity here to thank Monolithsoft so much for putting so much love and care into this game! Hope others will enjoy and appreciate this game as much as I do!
  8. May 29, 2020
    El mejor de la saga xenoblade chronicles de lejos su apartado gráfico y artístico, jugabilidad, duración, una belleza
  9. May 29, 2020
    Still one of the greatest JRPGs of all-time, made even better. I love this game dearly.
  10. May 29, 2020
    My favorite game of all time by far, amazing environments, artistic design, one of the best soundtracks of all time, a beautiful history, a lot of lovely characters, just is soooo good in a lot of aspects, a must play and the best rpg of all time for me, the remaster only make it feel a way better, lovely
  11. May 29, 2020
    An absolute masterpiece from start to finish, now with more beautiful graphics in and incredible world with superlative art style, one of the best soundtracks ever made, and a story that will stay with you forever. Magnum Opus of JRPG.!
  12. May 29, 2020
    Un juego que apesar de tener 10 años sigue siendo de los mejores jrpg del mundo
  13. May 29, 2020
    the best Xenoblade game and the best jrpg on the switch. Combat is fun, the world is huge, and the story is one of the best ever told.
  14. May 29, 2020
    I have quit Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii years ago because I was waiting for this, and it finally did, at long last I can finally play Xenoblade Chronicles 1 with a decent controller, better QoL changes, and put Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where it belongs: into the trash.

XC:DE is essentially a remastered version of the original game from wii and with some added bonus like the extra campaign, added QoL changes like quest tracking and signs for moves, and of course that (horrendous) anime style that reeks of Xenoblade 2. This is probably my biggest nitpick of all because the original wii version had a style more reminiscent of a final fantasy game, which was pretty good and it fit the style of the game, but now they took the AWFUL style of Xenoblade 2, which already didn't know which style to stick with, and made the characters into anime characters.

To be very fair, some characters do look fine like Melia, Shulk, Sharla and even Riki looks nicer, but some others look terrible (What have they done to you Reyn and Fiora?) and some don't even look much different (Dickson, Mumkhar, Dunban etc). It's very hit or miss and I wish they'd stick with the original game style...but at the very least it's one style instead of hundreds like in XC2.

With that out of the way, the game is just like 10 years ago: the combat is fast, it's fun, it's tactical and basically, what XC2 should've been (and what XCX did but not as good), you have skill trees which allow each character to have up to 5 talent trees, with each character having the ability of a skill link that allows borrowing a talent from one of the characters - based on the friendship level. Skills can be upgraded further via points and books, allowing them to become even stronger, and thanks to the talent trees each character is capable to be ACTUALLY multiple role (I will never forget swimsuit dunban with so much strength he was a dps machine). The amount of customization in this game is maddening and truly shows the amount of care this game received, including different armor for each character (YES, actual armor showing in a jrpg, when was the last time you saw this?) incredible large areas to explore, crafting, trading, building (for the colonies), and much, much, MUCH, MUCH more!

In all honesty, the bad things I could tell, are very minimal but still quite annoying. For one the gem removal could've been tweaked better. Aggro is still an issue and Reyn isn't all that better, requiring me to stack up aggro gems to avoid others from being obliterated. Expert mode is a joke and it's basically XC2 way of banking experience instead of using them right away instead of, you know, an actual difficulty option (there is Casual mode but the game is a joke already). Jumping is very floaty and really unreliable even in this version, the minimap is incredibly small and the large map (pressing the L analog) is too big and not well zoomed. Still only 3 slots but at the very least you get an autosave.

And personally, my biggest pet peeve is the price point: 60 euros for a remaster is quite a lot and really didn't sit well to me when you can buy remasters - and remakes too - for much less. Don't take me wrong, the game is worth all its money, and the extra campaign is a nice touch, but would you pay 60 euros for a hd remaster of, say, Final Fantasy 10? or Dragon quest 8? It's a 10-year-old game, it shouldn't be priced like a recent game, especially when it's quite literally the same game on the Wii with improved graphics and nothing more (the voice acting is the same as the Wii version, and the music, while re-arranged, it was still good back in the way).

And I'm fairly sure the extra campaign isn't worth the 60 euro price point either and if we can compare it to Torna, it won't be longer than 20 hours.

But It's sad to say that, despite the price issue and the minimal tweaking done, it shows this game is as solid as a rock: this game was good back in 2010 and it's still good today, and there's hardly any other jrpg that can be compared to this when it comes to content.

The only issue I could add is that the story is...okay, and very predictable, but I'll take this story over XC2 anytime so it's still solid!

So if you're curious, and you want to play a PROPER Xenoblade chronicles after that disgrace of a sequel called 2, then this is the game you must play. It's a solid jrpg in every way and it's easily one of the best jrpg of all time.
  15. May 30, 2020
    People who rate this a 0 or 1 don’t understand how to rate games. They think if a game turns out not to be their style that it’s a 0. Celeste, a very well respected game, wasn’t my style. I still gave it an 8/10 because I respected how well it was made. Xenoblade Chronicles was a masterpiece before, and is now an even better version of itself.
  16. May 29, 2020
    Best game of all time XENOBLADE>Final fantasy>Dragon quest fiora best girl.
  17. May 29, 2020
    Better graphic, better UI, better character modelings, this is perfect remaster.
  18. May 29, 2020
    Looking back at the Wii era Xenoblade Chronicles suffers from muddy graphics and cluttered interface. But today Xenoblade Chronicles definitive edition introduces us with it’s expansive world and it’s rich cast of characters while also introducing many life improvement to the game which it didn’t have previously. It’s safe to say that Monolithsoft really step up their game in preservingLooking back at the Wii era Xenoblade Chronicles suffers from muddy graphics and cluttered interface. But today Xenoblade Chronicles definitive edition introduces us with it’s expansive world and it’s rich cast of characters while also introducing many life improvement to the game which it didn’t have previously. It’s safe to say that Monolithsoft really step up their game in preserving it’s fantastic story while also help maintain the combat system engaging and provided a new fresh coat of paint to returning players and new to experience this genre of an RPG. Expand
  19. May 30, 2020
    Obra maestra, se ve genial tanto en modo televisión como portátil.
    Más de 100 horas de entretenimiento entre las dos historias, la principal y la nueva secuela.
  20. May 29, 2020
    One of the best JRPG with an awesome story, vast world to explore, interesting characters, very good music etc now in HD
  21. May 29, 2020
    Genuinely a masterpiece that deserves all the praise it gets. Seriously, play the game.
  22. May 29, 2020
    Definitely the definitive version of a masterpiece and probably the best JRPG out there at the moment.
  23. May 29, 2020
    almost the best history in a JRPG, a gigantic world to explore and loss and a great battle system, this game is my personal best and now it look amazing that was maybe the only downside in the original game.
    for me a perfect ten and a game everyone need to try.
  24. May 29, 2020
    The upgrade we all neded. The OST and the gameplay are delicious, even better than the original ones. And the new epilogue is amazing.
  25. May 30, 2020
    Greatest game of all time. The character models have more expressions in every voice cutscense, the remake soundtrack is outstanding and breath taking. they made the quests more easier to get through with the new changes. This is the best remake of the year.
  26. May 30, 2020
    Best JRPG ever made now with a brand new Chapter, Better graphics, outstanding music score with completely remastered and re-recorded tracks. 10/10
  27. May 30, 2020
    I really love this game. Played the wii version almost ten years ago and I'm falling again in love with this chef d'oeuvre !!
  28. May 30, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles DE is one of the best JRPGs in history and a TOP 3 of the best in the last decade. A must-buy for every JRPG lover
  29. May 30, 2020
    Gran juego, llena las expectativas que tenía de que estés título seria un gran lanzamiento por parte de Nintendo.
  30. May 30, 2020
    Still looks beautiful ten years later with the new textures and animations. The combat system is tight and the acting is great.
  31. May 30, 2020
    The overall quality of life improvements really make doing certain quests easier and the overall graphical improvements and the remastered soundtrack make the game even more enjoyable then the wii version. The new content in the base game like expert mode and challenge mode might be apealing to oid fans and the new epilogue chapter adds even more story to the game for players to enjoy!The overall quality of life improvements really make doing certain quests easier and the overall graphical improvements and the remastered soundtrack make the game even more enjoyable then the wii version. The new content in the base game like expert mode and challenge mode might be apealing to oid fans and the new epilogue chapter adds even more story to the game for players to enjoy! Overall monolith Soft did a great job with this and that new and old fans will have a blast playing this! Expand
  32. May 30, 2020
    Loved the first sight when I played it on WII. Also bought the 3DS version, now it’s switch. Story, music, system, everything is a perfect balance for JRPG. Even the graphics I think could have been better. But the update such like more info. to lead you finish the sub missions are great. Nintendo, please finish redoing the 1st episode, it’s time for 3rd now!!
  33. Jun 2, 2020
    Still an amazing JRPG even 8 years after it's original release here in the west (10 years if you count the original Japanese release) and they have really gone way beyond what you can expect from a remake / remaster in this one.
    Everything looks great, the story and voice acting is still excellent, the huge open areas are still as impressive as ever. The amount of sidequest and optional bosses are still insane even today but are now manageable with the new excellent quest tracking system.
    The small details also still impress like how armor affects how your character looks and how that in turn affects how everyone looks in every single cutscene.
    This is easily one of the best JRPG:S ever made if not the best one.
  34. Jun 1, 2020
    I tried playing XBC on an emulator and then the 3DS. This time I'm really feeling this game. The graphics seem good to me, the music is amazing, and the characters are fun. When I played before, I had a hard time finding where to go for side-quests so the quality-of-life improvements to the quest tracking system and map are making the game go a lot faster.
  35. Jun 1, 2020
    All the judgmental gRaFiX fanboys are really treating this amazing game poorly, along with some original Xenoblade Chronicles fans? I don't really understand how you can be a fan & crap all over this game when all the creators did was try to make it better. Which they did. Btw I did also wanna point out that all the graphics obsessed individuals constantly bringing up "it's even worse thanAll the judgmental gRaFiX fanboys are really treating this amazing game poorly, along with some original Xenoblade Chronicles fans? I don't really understand how you can be a fan & crap all over this game when all the creators did was try to make it better. Which they did. Btw I did also wanna point out that all the graphics obsessed individuals constantly bringing up "it's even worse than the original", is just a lie. It mostly maintains its new HD quality on the dock, looking absolutely beautiful compared to the old XC. Even in handheld it looks fantastic. It does dip below 400p at it's worst (off the dock), but it's never ever gonna be looking bad. 720p is the native output, so it always looks more impressive than the Wii version. Just because there's less pixels in any given game compared to another doesn't automatically make it garbage. Many people would agree that games like Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid are much better than most current day game releases. This is all subjective I suppose. Anyway, XCDE even surpasses XC2 in terms of graphical quality, which is very evident in handheld. This is an impressive feat since they are both enormous games. Many anti-XCDE complainers mention that many assets of the initial game build were used in the Definitive Edition, & it seems to be the case. I'm not going to ignorantly say it's a port when so many things have changed for the better, but it was a little obvious looking at some of the NPCs that several of them were just glossed & res'd up. While I will concede that I thought they were doing a tiny bit more in this department, it does make sense with the development timeframe Monolith Soft was working with that this was the end product. Nintendo holds these guys to a release date just like any other publisher would for an exclusive game. With the studios of Monolith branching into what it's becoming, while working a new IP as well as Breath of the Wild 2 most likely, it's crazy that they got the engine to run as efficiently as it does. Overhauled UI for most screens & menus, added voiced story content, many lines & musical scores were rerecorded but still have the option for original sound. New video player for unlocked cutscenes, new easy & expert modes, & Japanese voices for the first time. I will say one thing that truly disappointed me was no added voice acting for heart to heart conversations. It's not perfect, but I really love every addition & improvement that was made to a game that I already loved. If I'm being honest it's more of a 9.6 out of ten, but we're rounding up for all the haters (: Expand
  36. May 30, 2020
    Xenoblade is a must have for all RPG fans. The future of the genre on Nintendo platforms and for gaming as a whole is in Monolith's hands.
  37. Jun 1, 2020
    I loved the second game and I just discovered this one and I can say that its incredible...
    The combat are awesome, the music omg, the characters are great and the freaking world is insane! I recommende it so much!!!
  38. May 30, 2020
    I preordered this game after playing Xenoblade 2 and having a blast with that game. I was super excited, and now that I’ve played a good amount of it, here are my thoughts. Pros: -Combat (though not as polished as XC 2) is really fun to learn and use
    -Story is really engaging and is good at keeping things at a good pace
    -The music is phenomenal. Simple as that. -The frame rate and
    -Story is really engaging and is good at keeping things at a good pace
    -The music is phenomenal. Simple as that. -The frame rate and performance doesn’t dip at all really (at least in my experience)

Cons:
    -The art style is good, but the visuals overall aren’t as good as I was hoping, but they’re not horrendous. -Can initially be a very confusing and technically confusing game.

Overall, while not perfect, I think this game is a must play for anyone with a switch. And I’m having a blast playing it! Hopefully this gave a more balanced review of this game.
  39. May 30, 2020
    Omg I can't describe how good it is. Just wow, the gameplay is addictive, the characters are 10/10, side quests are fun, enemy's are fun to fight and much more. You have to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition on Nintendo Switch
  40. Jun 1, 2020
    Im speechless that the Game doesn't have a 10/10 metascore.
    Its a masterpiece !!!

Thats the best game i've ever played and i played a lot of games.
  41. Jun 2, 2020
    Le jeu est très bien remaker que ce soit au niveau des textures ou des personnages. Ma 1ère expérience avec cette licence fut avec xenoblade chronicles 2 et je dois dire que ce titre met une claque en tout point et c'est ce qui constitue le pilier des J-Rpg.
    Ce qui m'a attirer sur cette licence c'est la difficulté des combats, le scénario, l'univers et la bande son. Tout ceci agit en synergie et crée réellement quelque chose d'incroyable et c'est que j'ai retrouvé dans ce 1ère opus. C'était un departs de presque 0, comprendre toute les mécaniques de combats, comprendre la complexité de l'histoire qui je dois dire à son lot de rebondissements et tout ceci accompagné d'une d'une très belle bande son. Les personnages sont aussi attachants qie dans xenoblade chronicles 2

Ce qui m'a plu:
    - Les mécaniques de combats - l'univers vaste et incroyable - l'histoire - La bande son
    - La patte graphique (reprise de xenoblade chronicles 2)
    - Les personnages
    - Une belle remake - Le nouveau prologue Ce qui m'a déplu:
    - La résolution en mode portable (540p ça pique quand même un peu les yeux pourtant le moteur n'a pas l'air gourmand)
  42. May 31, 2020
    I don't enjoy it quite as much as 2, but it's certainly an amazing game. Great story, music, and combat. Everything is so much faster than the original game, and looks much nicer.
  43. May 31, 2020
    Stop reading reviews and play this masterpiece already. You are doing yourself a disservice if you pass this game up.
  44. May 31, 2020
    There’s nothing quite like stepping out onto Gaur Plains for the very first time — as the linear path ahead of you turns to rolling hills, towering cliff-sides and sprawling expanses of grassland.

It’s breathtaking in every sense of the word, as the orchestral soundtrack picks up around you. From here on out, the Bionis comes alive. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is not a

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is not a flawless experience. Repetitive quests and non-optimal handheld resolution becomes apparent as the game progresses, but ultimately does not take away from the experience. Regardless, it is a delightful mix of unforgettable locations, beautiful music and exciting storytelling, tied together by a dynamic cast of characters. Like many JRPG’s, the story has a slow start - which has put off many new players. But if you can make it past the opening hours, you have a game that will leave you yearning to experience it again for the very first time. The Definitive Edition keeps gameplay largely the same — a fast-paced battle system which allows you to move freely while choosing Artes, skills with a period of cool down. Though generic enemies don’t pose a challenge, unique monsters and bosses require thoughtful use of chain attacks and the foresight mechanic, which forces you to make split-second decisions in response to a devastating attack that will occur in the near future, keeping you on your toes. With the ability to switch between playable characters — from the DPS Shulk, the mage Melia and the evasion tank Dunban to name a few — combat never gets tiresome. If you’re feeling burned out, there are another 6 character play styles to try.

Of course, combat is but a small part of the game. Xenoblade Chronicles is supported by a cast of characters that rivals even the Tales series. Oftentimes in breaks in the story I would return to previous areas using the massively helpful fast-travel to complete a couple of quests with my band of misfits, just to hear Reyn say ‘what a buncha jokers’. If you’re someone that holds characters and their interwoven dynamics in high regard, Xenoblade fleshes out theirs and does not disappoint.

There is so much more to say about this game, but I feel it’s best experienced first-hand. As someone who played this beloved game on the New 3DS, if you’re playing this for the very first time on the Switch, with its updated graphics and modernised UI, you’re in for something unforgettable. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition really doesn’t feel like a game — it feels alive and emotive. Never before have I been so immersed in a games locations, lore, and story. If you’re even the slightest bit intrigued, or have a niche for JRPG’s, play the game. And after you’ve sunk tens, potentially hundreds of hours into the game, play it again, wishing desperately to experience it again for the first time.
  45. Jun 1, 2020
    Look, its a rly great game, i love it rly. Story is good, Gameplay is good. Yes, u see that game is 10 Years old even with new Textures and morebut does it rly matter how it looks if u have fun?
    I Enjoy it, so much to do and explore.
  46. Jun 7, 2020
    I'm about 20 hours in and the story is completely bonkers it's so good the twists and turns are crazy. This is an extremely story driven game but the combat is still pretty fun an absolute must buy unless you really dislike story based games.
  47. Jun 2, 2020
    Xenoblade chronicles DE est un excellent jeu à la base, remis au goût du jour et jouable sur switch. L'histoire est palpitante, et quand on croit arriver à son terme, on réalise qu'on en est encore loin. Ce faux dénouement survient 3 fois, et trois fois, j'ai été surpris de l'ampleur du jeu. Avec un newgame+ costaud, et le nouveau mode expert, le jeu sur switch a gagné en intensité.
    Il y
    Il y a aussi un épilogue inédit, que je n'ai pas pu voir encore, mais dont j'attends pas mal.
  48. May 30, 2020
    El problema con este juego es la resolución, pero fuera de eso gráficamente es mucho bastante mejor al de Wii.

Al ver esto, instantaneamente querrás jugarlo en NS y creo que jamás debió que existir en Wii, los gráficos en este remaster tienen estilo de dibujo, el pobre intento de Wii era hacerlos ver de carnes y hueso, era imposible que eso envejeciera bien. Sobra decir lo demás,

Sobra decir lo demás, porque ya habrás leído reseñas.

Ah si... otro problema para mi es el precio, debería bajarse por el tipo de resolución que entrega, y ya teniendo consolas que vana ser el triple de potentes que NS a la vuelta de la esquina no se me hace tan justo que valga lo mismo a otros juegos que si están más acordes al estándar actual.

Porque lo que se vende podría ser un juego de PS3 iniciante, no va ni a 720p, es casi un juego del 2004 ,guau... es demasiado retrasado en ese aspecto, ¡¡¡16 años!!!!
  49. Jun 2, 2020
    One of the bedt JRPG's if not THE best of all time! Story is very good, mechanics and Tactics are deep, unbelievable amount of sidequests and lovely character.

A must play and have for every Switch owner
  50. Jun 1, 2020
    So what do you get when you remake a masterpiece to fix almost all of its very few flaws. You get a 10/10 game is what happens. My only complaint with this game is that the animations are still very shoddy and unsynced. Of course, Monolithsoft did the best they could using a 10-year old animations engine, and would've haved to delay the project several more years if they did this. ButSo what do you get when you remake a masterpiece to fix almost all of its very few flaws. You get a 10/10 game is what happens. My only complaint with this game is that the animations are still very shoddy and unsynced. Of course, Monolithsoft did the best they could using a 10-year old animations engine, and would've haved to delay the project several more years if they did this. But other than that, the game is still the best JRPG of all time. Expand
  51. May 31, 2020
    Don't let that 89 critic score fool you, this is the best way to play Xenoblade Chronicles, the Definitive Edition of the game builds on the original and more. The soundtrack is beautiful and powerful, you are able to switch between the originals or the new arranged ones. They've made UI changes that make the gameplay more amazing to play including an Expert mode and causal lettingDon't let that 89 critic score fool you, this is the best way to play Xenoblade Chronicles, the Definitive Edition of the game builds on the original and more. The soundtrack is beautiful and powerful, you are able to switch between the originals or the new arranged ones. They've made UI changes that make the gameplay more amazing to play including an Expert mode and causal letting everyone experience the game on their terms and the improved graphics show how bad original looked and how amazing DE does. The resolution when in handheld isn't a big difference to when its docked, the character models and settings still looked fantastic. Oh, and the story the characters is the crowning achievement of this game to put it simply it's a masterpiece. Some cons of the game are however are dated the animations for characters in cuts scenes everyone looks great but when certain characters run it just looks goofy and unfortunately since the original language of the game is Japanese there is no lipsync for the English dub however this is common in JRPGs these are only nitpicks it doesn't take away the experience of the game. The Extra Story mode and challenges are a great addition to this already massive game. This is one of the best JRPGs of all time, don't overlook this game you'll regret it! Expand
  52. May 31, 2020
    Must play for any jrpg fan. Amazing story and world building, that keeps you entertained for hours and hours.
  53. Jun 1, 2020
    Played the sequel on the switch and liked it, but the original is so much better. I am really happy to see it on the switch in hd, with a new story to boot.
  54. Jun 2, 2020
    I preface this review by saying i have played and completed xenoblade chronicles 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, as well as every other Xenoblade game except the Wii original.
    This game is a masterpiece. Never in my life has a work of fiction captivated me to the level of this video game. I would say the four things i love it for the most are the story, characters, music and exploration. This game gives you a huge world to explore, with beautiful environments and secret areas all around the 2 titans which are the setting of the game. The main character, Shulk, sets out with his friend Reyn for revenge on the inhabitants of the other titans, mechon (evil machines). The story is gripping and although at a couple of points slow, it is emotional, well crafted and enjoyable. I would spoil so much, but I want to keep this review for those who have never played. There are unexpected twists which were foreshadowed, but you never see them coming. The characters are lovable, relatable, optimistic and well voiced, you really feel like you're on a journey with them. Shulk's visions add to the core 3 aspects of the game: story, combat and exploration. These are well executed and interesting. The music is just shockingly good, the best in any game. you can switch between the original and remastered tracks any time for both battle and area themes. I regularly listen to the tracks out of the game. They can be emotional, intense, jovial or melancholy and suit their scenes well. The graphics are the best they've ever been. I have not played in handheld mode yet, as i think this is best played on a big screen with headphones on. For this you can get a powerA enhanced wired controller or audio afterglow controller. The textures models and effects are fantastic, i would say the best looking xenoblade game yet. I have experienced no resolution issues.
    There are also some fun side quests, only some however are worth the effort. The combat is great fun and can be optimised to death. It focuses on positioning, preparation, timing and customisation. There are also loads of optional challenging bosses to fight.
    Do yourself a favour and pick this game up right now.
  55. Jun 9, 2020
    Wonderful game, one of, if not the absolute best jrpgs of the past decade. The creative, diverse, vast world, great cast of excellently voice acted characters, superb music and writing, very fun and strategical combat, and a riveting, unique story make this game truly one of a kind. A must buy for jrpg fans, and even those who aren’t fans of the genre may find enjoyment in it as well.
  56. Jun 10, 2020
    I'm a huge Xenoblade fan. Definitive Edition is a faithful recreation of the first and best game in the series. The remastered soundtrack blows the doors off the original, which used to be my favourite video game soundtrack. However, the daytime area theme for Makna Forest is missing a flourish in the percussion near the beginning that makes it sound a bit off to devotees of the franchise.I'm a huge Xenoblade fan. Definitive Edition is a faithful recreation of the first and best game in the series. The remastered soundtrack blows the doors off the original, which used to be my favourite video game soundtrack. However, the daytime area theme for Makna Forest is missing a flourish in the percussion near the beginning that makes it sound a bit off to devotees of the franchise. The art style is more consistent, as the original game didn't have a coordinated art team. The overall graphics are on par with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which is good. The story is phenomenal and is unchanged from the original. I haven't finished the new epilogue, but have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. This game is a must-play for anyone who likes JRPGs and hasn't played the original, which I presume is a lot of people. Expand
  57. Jul 2, 2020
    Although this wonderful game came out 10 years ago, it still surpasses most modern day triple A releases. A must-play for any RPG and a great starting point for anyone who wants to become one
  58. Jun 6, 2020
    This game is a masterpiece in all areas. The setting, the music, the unique battle system and especially the story from start to finish. This updated version of the Wii game is better than the original thanks to all the new enhancements and quality of life changes they added. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is a must own game for the Nintendo Switch.
  59. Jun 9, 2020
    IGN not smart and this game is amazing play it if you haven’t and make sure you don’t get spoiled on the story
  60. Jul 2, 2020
    Alright, this is my first review and I probably dunno how to write them, but here goes. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is simply one of the best games I have played ever. After less than 10 hours of play I knew that this was one of my favorite games of all time. I am a huge RPG fan and... wow. This is probably the best I've played. Each area is massive, and allows for unparalleledAlright, this is my first review and I probably dunno how to write them, but here goes. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is simply one of the best games I have played ever. After less than 10 hours of play I knew that this was one of my favorite games of all time. I am a huge RPG fan and... wow. This is probably the best I've played. Each area is massive, and allows for unparalleled exploration. I thought BOTW had it down, and it did but... man. This game NAILS it. Its combat system is also unique. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get a hang of it it is great, and extremely deep. I have not beat the game yet but MAN, that story is amazing. It does a really good job of keeping suspense and I have had points where I'm dying to know who those people are in that one cutscene. Speaking of cutscenes, the voice acting is top notch. Its all very british, retaining that feel from the original (which I have not played). That voice acting does contrast will the japanese-eyness (word) of the game, but works SO WELL. And the music, the MUSIC! I am an audiofile, so this is very important to me. It is outstanding. I cannot even begin to describe how good it is. It works so well everywhere, especially in the emotional cutscenes. The worlds are creative, the characters memorable, and everything works so well. PLAY THIS GAME. Trust me, it is one of the finest experiences gaming has to offer. It has shattered my every expectation and has done so for many others. Please from the bottom of my heart, play it. Expand
  61. Jun 19, 2020
    This game got me into JRPG’s when it came out on the Wii, and now the remaster has replaced it as my favorite game of all time. Also, I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it’s gross objectification if its female characters turned me off BIG TIME and the combat is just not as good. While Chronicles 1 isn’t free of the objectification/pandering issue, it’s minor enough that it didn’t hinderThis game got me into JRPG’s when it came out on the Wii, and now the remaster has replaced it as my favorite game of all time. Also, I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it’s gross objectification if its female characters turned me off BIG TIME and the combat is just not as good. While Chronicles 1 isn’t free of the objectification/pandering issue, it’s minor enough that it didn’t hinder my experience with the game and thus it still deserves a 10/10 Expand
  62. Jul 2, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles is already one of the best JRPG's ever made, and this remaster amplifies that ten times. A beautiful looking, well refined game that makes it easier to manage and understand, and is an example of where Monolithsoft may take the series in the future.
  63. May 29, 2020
    Words cannot describe the harmony of this game. Everything flows so effortlessly together in this JRPG Masterpiece, the world of the Bionis and Mechonis will go down in gaming history as two of the best worlds to explore. The scale is astonishing, you truly feel the world around you with each body part acting as a different environment, hosting many different creatures, sights and secrets.Words cannot describe the harmony of this game. Everything flows so effortlessly together in this JRPG Masterpiece, the world of the Bionis and Mechonis will go down in gaming history as two of the best worlds to explore. The scale is astonishing, you truly feel the world around you with each body part acting as a different environment, hosting many different creatures, sights and secrets. The more you travel the better your surroundings, there is no down point when it comes to the artistic visual design of this game. This is all accompanied by one of the best soundtracks ever, it perfectly matches the tone of the world your in and fuels your thirst and thrive for adventure. The music in this game was already amazing but the remastered versions absolutely blew me away, in honestly baffles me how they managed to improve on perfection. The story is a roller coaster of emotional twists, the subtle use of foreshadowing the games major events is simply genius. Replaying the game a second time you will instantly realise that nothing happened randomly, everything has a reason, and this is backed up by a wonderful, well developed cast of characters. Shulk is truly a Hero, although he may appear to be the "typical" nobody turned hero protagonist at first, his story goes beyond expectations when it comes to personal development, what is he fighting for, why is he gifted, who will he become. Even his companions match this level of development with their own arcs, they aren't simple side characters that have tagged along just because. Combat is made so much for engaging thanks to the updated UI, it is much cleaner, sharper and easier to understand. As well as this, navigation is less chaotic with a better designed map/compass system, which admittedly does take away some pleasure from exploring this amazing world, but does ultimately balance getting too lost and potentially getting annoyed over nothing. Speaking of, side quests are so much easier to log and complete thanks to the new Quest Screen, which will allow the player to properly guide you on what needs to be done. Another feature I praise is the ability to wear any Equipment without having to sacrifice your physical appearance, Shulk could be dressed in his swimsuit with the best items in the game during the final boss if it so pleased you, no having to give up your amazing stats. Finally I must talk about Future Connected. This is a great little gift, the Bionis Shoulder is massive, and is a lot more diverse then I original thought. Again, the music is beautiful, the composers really outdid themselves. The story focuses heavy on Melia, finishing her character arc along side Shulk, who is great in this side story but isn't the main focus, and two new characters Nene and Kino, who are two of the best Nopon in Xenoblade Chronicles, dare I say outshine their father... these four have great chemistry throughout this 10 - 12 hour story, which focuses on the aftermath of the orginal game. Honestly, more questions are asked than answered, unfortunately there is no major connection to any other Xenoblade games from what I can tell and is simply a nice conclusion to Melia's story. Is it worth buying for this story alone, that's a hard question to answer. I would say yes to everyone except for those who don't want to play the main game, that is still the major highlight of this package.

I can't recommend this game enough, this truly is a once in a life time experience. Please do not spoil the game for yourself or others, you will regret it. An easy 10/10.
  64. May 29, 2020
    The best version of the videogame of Monolith Software.
    This is the perfect game in this period
  65. May 29, 2020
    A remaster of won of the greatest jrpg's ever made plus it has a new expansion to the original story. It's confusing how this game doesn't have a higher score than the original.
  66. May 29, 2020
    Its graphic section that now looks like anime suits you wonderfully, its history, characters and duration are incredible
  67. May 29, 2020
    Compared with the original version, the remastered version adds a casual mode to make it easier for new players to get started
    The game pictures look very comfortable and the UI is more friendly
    Regardless of whether you have played or not, it is recommended to play
    a masterpiece
  68. May 29, 2020
    The best story, really good graphics, amazing anime style. The new soundtrack sounds really good and the new epilogue is very interesting, can´t wait to get a new game of this saga!
  69. May 29, 2020
    One of the best JRPGs ever made now remastered. This is how a legendary game has to be respected. Same game, better graphics, better gameplay. better music. more content. but in the end: the same game. Learn SE.
  70. jte
    May 29, 2020
    My favorite game of all time remade for my favorite Nintendo console of all time. It’s a dream come true . The story, music, characters , and beautiful scenery is what makes this game a masterpiece for me . I also really enjoy the gameplay :) . If you haven’t played , please I beg you to at least try it out. This game is a game I will never get tired of playing
  71. May 29, 2020
    Amazing update! This is the true definitive edition and have some new content with future connected. A true masterpiece, one of the best rpg ever made.
  72. May 29, 2020
    Fans of the JRPG genre in possession of the Nintendo Switch would commit a crime to not buy a copy of this masterpiece made in Monolith Soft. And I want to exaggerate: if you do not yet own Nintendo Switch, this is a great reason to buy it. Well yes, such is the value of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: probably in five or more years we will talk about it again as a turning pointFans of the JRPG genre in possession of the Nintendo Switch would commit a crime to not buy a copy of this masterpiece made in Monolith Soft. And I want to exaggerate: if you do not yet own Nintendo Switch, this is a great reason to buy it. Well yes, such is the value of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: probably in five or more years we will talk about it again as a turning point in a market that needs ideas and projects of this magnitude. Expand
  73. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade was already considered a masterpiece of a game, but all of these quality of life changes and not to mention the graphical upgrade just enhance the experience by a thousand fold. Monolithsoft truly out did themselves and I hope their next entry in this franchise will be just as good as the first Xenoblade Chronicles.
  74. May 29, 2020
    A modern JRPG Classic. Old fans can enjoy the best JRPG of this modern era, and new fans are in for a treat. The characters are memorable, the world is beautiful, the OST is amazing, and the game looks a lot better. And well...what else is there to say? Monolithsoft took a masterpiece and made it even better. For those curious, don’t sleep on this game. There’s a casual mode for newA modern JRPG Classic. Old fans can enjoy the best JRPG of this modern era, and new fans are in for a treat. The characters are memorable, the world is beautiful, the OST is amazing, and the game looks a lot better. And well...what else is there to say? Monolithsoft took a masterpiece and made it even better. For those curious, don’t sleep on this game. There’s a casual mode for new players so the can enjoy the game without the difficulty. So yeah, buy this game. Expand
  75. Grp
    May 29, 2020
    This is truly one of the best JRPGs of all time. Close to perfection, and a great improvement over the original. 10/10
  76. May 29, 2020
    Simply amazing! I’m gobsmacked! I never played the original but always wanted too. I can’t take bad graphics which is why I could never try it before but this remaster is as good as a complete remake in my opinion ! Thanks monolith you’re guys rock !
  77. May 29, 2020
    This game and this series in general is great. I never played the original Wii version but the graphical overhaul has allowed me to enjoy this great experience. One of my all time favorite RPGs
  78. May 29, 2020
    This really is one of the best RPGs of all time. You shouldn't overlook this one out.
  79. May 29, 2020
    Un jeu incroyable que je conseille à tous le monde d'y jouer, ce jeu possède une des meilleures ost jamais vu dans un jeu. Le monde du jeu est unique, le gameplay est bon
  80. May 29, 2020
    This Game Will ve always a classic. Great soundtrack, excellent storyline, a Big world to explore and awesome battle system.
  81. May 29, 2020
    This game is OUTSTANDING and puts Final Fantasy 7 R into a shame. If you like RPG(not only jRPGs), this is a must have. Story is a top-notch, music the best in any video game imo(and I have played Nier) and battle system is surprisingly fun. I didn't expect that. Views are also impressive. This is one of these "life games"
  82. Jun 1, 2020
    This is truly a perfect JRPG and you would be remiss not to give it a try, and learning the combat system is easier than ever with the upgraded UI and in-game tutorials.

Monolith Soft has managed to perfectly update this game as a definitive edition while leaving everything that made it perfect intact. The upgraded character models, textures, and especially the UI, tutorials, and quest tracking have removed any flaws that existed in the past.

The voice acting and story remain phenomenal, the character development and story development are some of the best I have ever experienced in a game, and of course the environments are the crown jewel.

Gameplay: 9
    Story: 10
    Design: 10
    Music: 10
    UI: 9
    Overall: 10
  83. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition es una obra maestra con hermosos gráficos, un soundtrack espectacular, una jugabilidad incomparable.
    Es un juego que te dará muchísimas horas y que siempre te hará querer regresar a seguir avanzando en su maravillosa historia.
    No te debes perder este juegazo solo por el aspecto de su resolución dinámica, en todos los demás aspectos es sobresaliente.
    La historia añadida te darán mínimo 10 horas de pura diversión, sin ninguna duda es la edición definitiva de uno de los mejores JRPG de la historia.
  84. May 29, 2020
    Amazing xenoblade rebirth this amazing history ,AND enjoy future conectec haber justice yo Meliá
  85. May 29, 2020
    The game pictures look very comfortable and the UI is more friendly
    Regardless of whether you have played or not, it is recommended to play
  86. May 29, 2020
    This remake fixes almost all the problems of the original game. It’s still the same story we love with a massive graphical update which is just beautiful. The extra content is really cool and develops the lore of this game in a really cool way. Probably the best game of 2010... best game of 2020 tho?... this game is clearly 10 years old. The animations really weren’t changed at all so withThis remake fixes almost all the problems of the original game. It’s still the same story we love with a massive graphical update which is just beautiful. The extra content is really cool and develops the lore of this game in a really cool way. Probably the best game of 2010... best game of 2020 tho?... this game is clearly 10 years old. The animations really weren’t changed at all so with the better Graphics it points out the simple awkward animations way more then the Wii or 3DS could. Compared to 2010 games this game is one of the best, probably would be if RDR didn’t come out in 2010. But if you hold it to the standards of a 2019 or a 2020 game it clearly falls short. But those are just nit picks. This is still one of the Great RPGs probably the best action RPG. And every RPG fan should play it. If you a Xenoblade 2 fan looking for the same experience as Xenoblade 2 I have some bad news for you tho... Expand
  87. May 30, 2020
    This is genuinely my favorite game of all time, words cannot express how much I adore Xenoblade Chronicles, and now, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. The combat is so refined and fun, it’s simple yet complicated at the same time, it’s fun as a beginner, and a veteran of the game.

The story is also the best story i’ve ever seen in fiction, there’s so many twists and turns, and so many great characters and moments. Never in the story have i felt bored, or uninterested in what was going on. I 100% recommend XCDE for anyone who is a fan of JRPGs, especially if you liked Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  88. May 29, 2020
    A Masterpiece game with a new tale being told and the new Character designs are stunning. A Masterpiece indeed.
  89. May 30, 2020
    There really isn't much to say when it comes to this version of the game. It manages to clearly be a love letter to the die-hard fans while, at the same time, it tries to become as appealing as possible to a new demographic: Switch owners and newcomers of the franchise (people who played either Xenoblade Chronicles X and/or 2, but that didn't have the chance to check this one out). TheThere really isn't much to say when it comes to this version of the game. It manages to clearly be a love letter to the die-hard fans while, at the same time, it tries to become as appealing as possible to a new demographic: Switch owners and newcomers of the franchise (people who played either Xenoblade Chronicles X and/or 2, but that didn't have the chance to check this one out). The updated graphics and nice additions in the quality of life department brought an already impeccable Wii game even closer to perfection. The revamped OST is definitely nice too but the real goat here and what you could say that it was utmost necessary is the new look that Monolith Software gave this game.
    There's absolutely no excuse now for you to not give a chance to this underlooked JRPG gem from the last generation of consoles. Lastly, I can only hope that you're really feeling it and having a Reyn of a time while playing it.
    And remember, just as you can't have a rainbow without Reyn, you can't truly know the taste of the modern JRPG's formula until you've played Xenoblade Chronicles.
  90. May 29, 2020
    Masterpiece in low resolution one of the best JRPGS OF ALL TIME NINTENDO WINS AGAIN
  91. May 29, 2020
    it a great game and so fun and enjoy the characters are loveable and game play countless time
  92. May 29, 2020
    One of the best JRPGS of all time. If you LOVE JRPGS and never played a Xenoblade game, this one is a MUST buy! However, if you played Xenoblade 2 and enjoyed it, this one is SO MUCH BETTER in terms of story and gameplay, in my opinion at least. DON’T SLEEP ON THIS GAME, the gameplay, story, characters, and ESPECIALLY the OST is too good to pass up! For those who never played this game,One of the best JRPGS of all time. If you LOVE JRPGS and never played a Xenoblade game, this one is a MUST buy! However, if you played Xenoblade 2 and enjoyed it, this one is SO MUCH BETTER in terms of story and gameplay, in my opinion at least. DON’T SLEEP ON THIS GAME, the gameplay, story, characters, and ESPECIALLY the OST is too good to pass up! For those who never played this game, give it a try. There’s a casual mode for new players so they can enjoy the game in a more enjoyable experience. There is even something for us longtime Xenoblade fans or those who likes a challenge, expert mode! This game is funny, sad, dark, beautiful, etc. I will say it once and I will say it again, PLEASE do not sleep on this game. If it’s your first time playing, you are in for a UNFORGETTABLE experience, and for those who already played the game like me, well...have fun. Also for new players, play the original story first then play Future Connected, since Future Connected takes place after the main game. So yeah...buy Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Thank you Monolithsoft, and we look forward to whatever else you have planned. Expand
  93. May 29, 2020
    Easily one of the best jrpgs of the past decade, will now become one of the best jrpgs of this new decade. With its outstanding soundtrack, beautiful visuals, and addicting gameplay, topping it all off with a fantastic story, this is a must have for switch owners.
  94. Jun 3, 2020
    One of the best JRPGs I have ever played and I have played A LOT. The thing with this game is that the storyline, is ACTUALLY INTERESTING AND ENGAGING. 3 hours in and a super emotional moment happened that I did not expect! Games like these are usually so predictable, but not this one. I havent skipped a single cutscene and I usually have a problem with doing that. In my opinion a lot ofOne of the best JRPGs I have ever played and I have played A LOT. The thing with this game is that the storyline, is ACTUALLY INTERESTING AND ENGAGING. 3 hours in and a super emotional moment happened that I did not expect! Games like these are usually so predictable, but not this one. I havent skipped a single cutscene and I usually have a problem with doing that. In my opinion a lot of newer JRPG storylines are generic and the cutscenes may have gorgeous graphics but lack enough depth to keep me interested. Btw, this is how you do a remaster/remake. The graphics are gorgeous, the frame rate is smooth, the added content is wonderful, the revamped UI rocks, the soundtrack is beautiful too and sounds amazing on a 5.1 surround system. Good job Monolith!! Nintendo you are killing it with exclusives! Expand
  95. Jun 10, 2020
    I went in with extremely high expectations but can't help feeling some disappointment. This game initially released in the west in 2011 during a time when jrpgs were going through a lull. There was a shift towards more linear action focused jrpgs so receiving a big game which allowed so much freedom was a blessing at the time. Does the game hold up? In some ways but it's definitely aged.I went in with extremely high expectations but can't help feeling some disappointment. This game initially released in the west in 2011 during a time when jrpgs were going through a lull. There was a shift towards more linear action focused jrpgs so receiving a big game which allowed so much freedom was a blessing at the time. Does the game hold up? In some ways but it's definitely aged.

It's very nice to see a classic jrpg get so much love but you should keep in mind that the ridiculous number of 10 out of 10 reviews here were posted on May 29th, the day the game released. Most of these people did not actually play through this 80 hour game in such a short timespan and from what I've seen on YouTube the fanbase for this game... they might be looking at this game with rose tinted glasses... there's a very real chance you'll play this and realize it doesn't live up to the hype.

Pros:
    Large world with an excellent concept. Exploring enormous dead creatures and seeing a giant sword in the distance is very cool.
    The story is well written (although it's a shame that people post spoilers in youtube game review videos)
    The gameplay is a lot of fun.
    Updated UI.
    Quest tracking has been added
    I haven't tried it yet but it's nice they added new story content
    Rebuilding colony 6 takes a lot of time but it's fun seeing it develop.

Cons:
    The environments have received an update but not a significant one. Most of the places you'll visit are nice but they don't have that wow factor.
    Some of the characters don't receive enough development.
    The voice acting is ok but could be much better. You can tell the actors were recorded separately. It doesn't feel like they're actually talking to each other.
    Riki is very annoying (most jrpgs have an annoying character like this but he's one of the worse examples I've seen).
    Sometimes after a cutscene your party has been changed for no reason so you might run into a fight and realize you don't have a healer anymore.
    The sidequests are dull repetitive fetch quests or kill quests. There are no cutscenes and there's no story here. Unfortunately completing them is really important for levelling and gaining new gear.
    The game is very grindy.
    RNG is pretty frustrating at times. A lot of quests require you to gather items but every item appears as a blue orb so there's a random chance of getting the item you need. Or sometimes you need to fight a monster but they only appear during thunderstorms... have fun changing the time in the menu for the next ten to fifteen minutes while you hope for a thunderstorm.
    The secret areas don't have any secrets. There's no cool weapon or armor piece just more blue orbs and some xp.

Overall I think this game deserves a 7 for its combat and story. You should keep in mind that this game released in Japan in 2010. It's a decade old game and it was a new IP so there are flaws. Don't let blind fanaticism convince you it's perfect. This is a long padded jrpg which looks dated even with the visual upgrade. However, the story is worth experiencing even if it does get a bit silly at times.

I have an enormous amount of respect for the creator. Moving from xenogears to xenosaga and now the xenoblade series he's been making quality games for a very long time. Personally I think Xenoblade chronicles 2 is a much stronger entry though and that makes me really excited for what's coming next.
  96. May 31, 2020
    Despite owning and loving my Wii, I never heard about this game in europe at the time, so it completely went under my radar. The following years seeing the game in action,the automatic battle system that seems complicated kinda turned me off.

I have to say that today justice has been served. The graphics are fantastic and the game looks really good docked. The environments are massive,

I have to say that today justice has been served.
    The graphics are fantastic and the game looks really good docked. The environments are massive, rich, and imaginative, the setting of the game is really unique.

The OST is legendary, every hype scene has the right track, environment music put the right atmosphere.

The battle system has i said, once you get it, is not only deep and engaging but also fun, with each character having is own niche.

The definitive edition polished the game with better marker for quest to make it smooth, better IU, a new challenge mode,new difficulties, to make the experience better more engaging and fun.

This game has mystery, a very long engaging story, it's fun, and as far as JRPG can go this one just check all the good stuff that SHOULD be there.
  97. May 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition es una obra maestra y una oda al genero rpg, es hoy por hoy lo que dejo de ser Final Fantasy. Es un juego redondo en cada uno de sus aspectos salvo al técnico por limitaciones de la consola. Definitivamente mi rpg favorito de todos los tiempos muy recomendable para expertos y nuevos en el genero.
  98. May 30, 2020
    Extremely fun and awesome, the new epilogue is also very good and equally stunning, I can't think of any negatives
  99. May 31, 2020
    Easily the best if not one of the best JRPGS in the past 10 years. This version is an overall graphical improvement over the first game. The world and characters are more alive and vibrant than ever. The UI has been cleaned up to give it a better visual appeal to match it to current-gen standards. As much as I love the this game, it does take a hit when it comes to the resolutionEasily the best if not one of the best JRPGS in the past 10 years. This version is an overall graphical improvement over the first game. The world and characters are more alive and vibrant than ever. The UI has been cleaned up to give it a better visual appeal to match it to current-gen standards. As much as I love the this game, it does take a hit when it comes to the resolution department. Only running at 504P in Handheld and 720P Docked. Handheld mode isn't too bad, but I was expecting that the resolution would it at least be 720P handheld to 900P docked upscaled, but that little nitpick isn't enough to keep anyone from playing this absolute masterpiece. For any and all JRPG fans who have being looking for a great game with a fantastic battle mechanic, a rich open world with tons of secrets to explore, and memorable characters that you will remember for a lifetime. If you haven't experience the greatness of Xenoblade, now is the time! Expand
  100. May 31, 2020
    Xenoblade chronicles definitive edition es una de las mejores maneras de disfrutar uno de los más grandes JRP de la wii

Generally favorable reviews - based on 87 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 10, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition perfects and fine-tunes one of the most venerated RPGs of the last decade. While the English voice acting and the occasional resolution dip is disappointing, they made such a meaningless difference that it didn't matter in the end. The gorgeous visual upgrade, the wide and varied locations, the deeply entertaining battle system, and the exquisite soundtrack all add together to one of the best RPG experiences possible.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 30, 2020
    If you like JRPGs and own a Nintendo Switch – this is a game you shouldn’t miss. [Issue#246, p.48]
  3. Jun 29, 2020
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition brings one of the best Nintendo RPGs to the Switch in grand fashion. The updates are great, and everything that made the original release an outstanding game is still present here.