8.1

1. Sep 5, 2019
    It’s a high 8 , lacks animation , voice acting and stats on how many time W/L but the game is one of the best yugioh game I’ve played and I’m glad it’s on the switch
  2. Sep 12, 2019
    Might be the best YGO video game yet. With all types of summons and the card pool you will have tons of fun playing this game.
  3. Sep 9, 2019
    Yu-Gi-Oh on a handheld. I could finish the review with that, but this package packs a stronger punch. The campaign contains hours upon hours of content, easily 100+ hours if you do all duels, duelist challenges and reverse duels(plays as the enemy). The campaign includes all Yu-Gi-Oh seasons, although the latest season only has 3 duels to be played. Since the trading card game changed aYu-Gi-Oh on a handheld. I could finish the review with that, but this package packs a stronger punch. The campaign contains hours upon hours of content, easily 100+ hours if you do all duels, duelist challenges and reverse duels(plays as the enemy). The campaign includes all Yu-Gi-Oh seasons, although the latest season only has 3 duels to be played. Since the trading card game changed a lot since the first iteration of Yu-Gi-Oh, Legacy of The Duelist: Link Evolution invites new and returning players to learn the new mechanics and rules that were introduced with Link Monsters. Or you could always stick the good old Blue-Eyes and Dark Magicians, with over 9000 cards to choose from, the choice is yours. Multiplayer is great if you want a real challenge and compete with the best and local battles to duel with your Switch buddy who is across the room, which is my personal favorite. Another interesting game mode like Battle Pack Sealed Play is a nice addition, which allows the player to buy a pack of around 45 cards themed around certain monsters(no micro-transactions, only game credit), and then it gives you 5 matches to play with the cards either online, offline or local. When you are done with the 5 matches, you get to keep the cards you bought, even if you lost. If you want a change of pace when gaming becomes stale, load up Konami’s latest entry in the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, and watch time fly by. Expand
  4. Aug 20, 2019
    a solid yugioh game that hits that tich for a card game that was much needed since the last one on the 3ds
  5. Aug 20, 2019
    this is everything you loved about the original and much much more there are now 9000+ cards in the already massive game. however the old ruling is gone and i loved master rule 3 i think there should be a switch to change it. although it fixes some things like load times and the attacking animations being gone replaced with the summoning animations much like duel links. over all this gamethis is everything you loved about the original and much much more there are now 9000+ cards in the already massive game. however the old ruling is gone and i loved master rule 3 i think there should be a switch to change it. although it fixes some things like load times and the attacking animations being gone replaced with the summoning animations much like duel links. over all this game has much that separates it from the original but still maintains that original yugioh charm. definitely worth a buy. Expand
  6. Aug 24, 2019
    Aside from the rare instances of a crash, which is hope they patch but isn't particularly intrusive, this is the best yugioh game to date. There is so much content and gameplay that it's staggering.
  7. Sep 3, 2019
    This is the definitive Yu-Gi-Oh game! I play the TCG since year 2001 and the campaign mode is awesome, so many memories from when I was a kid.
  8. Aug 22, 2019
    This is THE Yu-Gi-Oh game to play, it's the most definitive TCG game available, and has up to current meta even, (salamangreat, and sky striker.) that said it excels in the ability to play -any- deck you want online and have matches against people with various other decks, almost never seeing the same one twice.

The cards are distributed very fairly and quickly, every time you win an

The cards are distributed very fairly and quickly, every time you win an offline/single player duel in any mode, you get between 1000-2000 points, and 400 points are typically to a pack, except the entry Grandpa Muto pack which is 200 points, while a loss is 450-950 points, not to mention when you win you get 3 cards from the person you're facing's deck, and if you lose it's 1 card, again all offline only.

Online, I've been running blackwings and have a fairly decent winrate (I'd say 85%, to give you an idea of how people don't use meta) using Full Armor Master, and Toadally Awesome. This game is not region restricted, you can play with people in Japan (who've had the game a bit longer), or anyone else who has the game anywhere else in the world, as a result the banlist is World's 2018 which means no Raigeki, no Harpie's Duster, but you have Soul Charge, Grinder Golem, and some other useful goodies... And if you want to just play offline or with friends? No banlist whatsoever(Untested for friends, but in the first game, if you were invited to a match by your friend, you could use any deck, no banlist enforced.)..

This game has EVERY(non-promo, not region restricted) card up to Hidden Summoners (Prank-kids and Mayakashi's), so no Pot of Extravagance, but fear not, as Konami is fully backing this game I assume we'll see DLC updates like we did in the first game... But don't buy this game based on that assumption, know that this is currently at November 2018 in the west as far as card catalog goes, and there's no Dangers as they were TCG only, and this game is global.

Unsure if you want to buy? As of right now you can get this game for FREE*, The promo cards are currently worth MORE than the game, that means you can buy the game, open the pack, and 1 by 1, sell your Cynet Codec for $22, Micro Coder for $15-$16, and Progleo for $8-$10, this is not only the BEST Yu-Gi-Oh game ever release, it also comes with the BEST promo cards ever released for a Yu-Gi-Oh game, as they were cards in a structure deck that we never got that are core to Cyberse Code link summons.

I do NOT give 10/10's lightly, this game tickles my fancy in all the right ways possible, and this is absolutely the best Yu-Gi-Oh game I have ever played, that means it's better than all those illegal emulation alternatives too... Partly because having all the cards at once is daunting, but because you have to progress and earn cards, online is FUN which is hard to say about those games where everyone runs only latest meta and testing for tournaments.

My verdict: Buy this game if you're a Yu-Gi-Oh fan, I bought a Nintendo Switch JUST FOR THIS GAME, and I have not put it down since, I did it because I enjoyed the first game, and when I saw the title was coming out for Switch I was a bit unnerved, but I still caved, bought a switch, got it along side Smash Ultimate, Super Mario Maker 2, ETC to play for the month leading up to this game, and I already have more playtime in this game than any of those, not to say they're bad, they're great, but this is better (IMO).
  9. Sep 2, 2019
    Rayos. Me sorprendió para bien este juego.
    Desde hace tiempos que no juego un juego de yu gi oh desde la wii.
  10. Aug 23, 2019
    Really amazing game

Its beginner friendly and there is a lot of challenging levels for veteran players. With over 9000 cards its crazy the numbers crazy decks you can make. The story deck for the campaign are nice that they stay true to the anime and there a bit more optimised so you don't end up with unplayable hand.Also reverse duel is a blast. The only thing missing is more monster
    Really amazing game

With over 9000 cards its crazy the numbers crazy decks you can make.

The only thing missing is more monster animations and music. I hope also they add more cards and update the ban list .
  11. Aug 20, 2019
    This game plays like straight up yugioh. While there's a plethora of content to play through- I was very excited to jump in and play through the original stories. The mechanics feel extremely well executed, and I had zero trouble figuring out how to play. After testing it out in docked mode, and handheld- it feels great no matter what your style of play is! While there's a game similar toThis game plays like straight up yugioh. While there's a plethora of content to play through- I was very excited to jump in and play through the original stories. The mechanics feel extremely well executed, and I had zero trouble figuring out how to play. After testing it out in docked mode, and handheld- it feels great no matter what your style of play is! While there's a game similar to this on PC (Duel Links), this game feels like it was meant for the Nintendo Switch. This is a must play! Expand
  12. Aug 25, 2019
    Needs work. Needs some options for disabling animations, the campaign needs to have a setting to disable master rule 4 or just go with the rules of the time, like up to 5ds you draw on your first turn.. the story decks are useless with master rule 4 and it ruins the campaign. Also let us open packs in bulk. J don't need to see the animations every time I'm opening 100 packs. I'd give thisNeeds work. Needs some options for disabling animations, the campaign needs to have a setting to disable master rule 4 or just go with the rules of the time, like up to 5ds you draw on your first turn.. the story decks are useless with master rule 4 and it ruins the campaign. Also let us open packs in bulk. J don't need to see the animations every time I'm opening 100 packs. I'd give this game a much higher score if we could get these options to play the campaign how it historically would be Expand
  13. Aug 21, 2019
    Kinda sad you can’t put multiple special summoned cards in the monster zone until you link summon them. Miss the old rules. Also can’t battle locally with banned cards.
  14. Sep 5, 2019
    The game itself is fun but between the frequent crashes and the fact it takes about 10 seconds to get a pack of 8 cards playing it can feel a chore at times
  15. Oct 6, 2019
    I love the game, but the sad part of it, it crashes so often, sometime it is unplayable. Everything is up to date and I even try on a brand New Switch and still does the same. Some day, it is crash free, some other day, there's a lot of crashes.

While I love the animation, (summoning of an iconic card like Dark Magician) I wish there was a way to just turn them off. Those are the

Those are the reason why I give it a 6/10 instead of a 10/10
  16. Nov 14, 2019
    Toda la diversión de Yugi, todas las mecánicas, todos los estilos de juegos y todas las cartas relevantes a la fecha en un mismo juego que puede ser jugado en linea y de manera portátil sin tener que volver a gastar en un booster pack nunca más.
  17. Dec 24, 2019
    Pretty sad that this game is less fun to play than the Duel Links app. Lots of Quality Of Life mistakes for the whole game. Only reason I'm rating above a 4 is because the game functions.

Sound: what sound? All the effects are the same. Zero voice acting. Stale sound effects when damaging opponents. Animations: literally nothing beyond ace card summons. No extra powerful "oof" when you chunk an opponent. Doesn't make it feel like your cards are stronger at all. Gameplay: can't cancel certain actions. You could select a card to summon, not place it in a zone yet, and not be able to cancel. Same goes for spell/trap cards. Soundtrack: What soundtrack? It's the same dang piece for every duel. No classic themes or remixes. Passionate Duelist, Fang of Critias, etc. Disappointing.

1. Oct 14, 2019
    With a new handheld format comes a new Yu-Gi-Oh! title, and while Link Evolution offers a compelling and modernised take on the Card Game for both fans and novices alike, with almost infinite play styles and strategy possibilities, it retains the stale interface and storytelling of its original form.
  2. Sep 12, 2019
    Relive epic battles from every Yu-Gi-Oh! series to date, build and customize your own decks, and challenge yourself online. Full of content with over 9000 cards to collect, all without microtransactions. A definite must buy for Yu-Gi-Oh! fans and a great choice for those new to the franchise. Get out there and Duel!
  3. Sep 6, 2019
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution covers all of the card updates and additions from the past 2 decades giving us over 9,000 cards to build our dream decks with. With some of our most loved monsters, spell or trap cards from the earliest (and most beloved, in my opinion) the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! To some of the most recent expansion, Vrains. There’s a lot of customization to be had with your decks not to mention the thrill of playing online or in Sealed and Draft modes, this is definitely a title that any fan of TCGs or Yu-Gi-Oh will really enjoy.