7.5

1. Mar 5, 2015
    This game is really clever! I love the infinite possibilities with the sharing of levels - this gives it a perfect score for replayability! Reminds me of Pushmo with all the possibilities for unique ideas. The tipping feature is a nice touch - I think Nintendo should do some sort of contest where the person who gets the most "tipping stars" receives a job offer to work on their nextThis game is really clever! I love the infinite possibilities with the sharing of levels - this gives it a perfect score for replayability! Reminds me of Pushmo with all the possibilities for unique ideas. The tipping feature is a nice touch - I think Nintendo should do some sort of contest where the person who gets the most "tipping stars" receives a job offer to work on their next game! Love the cross-play - please include this in the future as well! 10/10 Well done again, Nintendo! Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2015
    I wonder if "mainstream" video game media outlets are angry that the other console's AAA titles are flopping, and are trying to paint a more sour light around the big N. That's really the only way to explain giving this game anything less then an 8. Anyway:

It's a nifty puzzle game, akin to Lemmings. You're trying to use the environment to funnel your ally to the end, all the while collecting stars and other things along the way. It's a very crisp game with extremely fun puzzle mechanics. The tipping feature adds a very nice touch as well.

But alas, we could be playing "blockbuster titles" that are essentially 5 hour games, with 4 hours consisting of cut scenes and quick time events, all the while sites like IGN convince us at that $60, its the cat's meow.
  3. Mar 12, 2015
    because I love this game because this very well at first levels are easy but some are increasing the difficulty and what iso that this game would give a closed 10 is that you can create levels and share with others the world
  4. Aug 4, 2015
    Great Nintendo, makes fun use of the gamepad. Basically requires your characters to the end of the stage, while strategically placing and removing items along the way, while collecting more. You also control devices completely with the gamepad/stylus....
    Many ways to play, if you good enough, you'll be able to play without looking at the gamepad, controlling it as you watch the screen.

Very well made, for a budget price, their are approximately 5-6 worlds, plus 4 post game worlds.

The grading system creates alot more replayability, as you will need to figure out the quickest strategies, and collect more items to get to 3 star grades per level...

The level creator also gives you alot of replayability, you basically have a select number of items at the beginning, and you earn more as you share and tip stars when you upload them to miiverse...

Other users can download your levels and tip you in the process. For newcomers, their are plenty of easy levels to practice with.

Highly recommended for Wii U, great 2015 exclusive.
  5. Apr 16, 2015
    This game is all it should be. The sharing level and tipping features are awesome, and the levels are fantastic. It was real fun to play, and deserves lots of credit. I love the increase in difficulty, and overall, this is a great game. Also, I forget to mention the 'Cursed Mini Mario'. It's a really cool idea that was implemented into this game.
  6. May 25, 2015
    I loved previous installments in this light-hearted puzzle series, but this time Nintendo have cut it a little too short, making this latest one a game that is only worth buying if you haven't got any of the others.
    The main game consists of the same old classic puzzle challenges that, while fairly enjoyable, introduce hardly any new mechanics. Instead, they take all of the previous Mario vs DK games' innovations and simple recycle them. This means that the game is rarely surprising and you'll probably get bored if you've played the previous Mario vs DK titles.
    Still, the single player isn't the focus here, of course, as the title suggests. The level editor is what is supposed to keep you coming back for more, and that is, in the end, the biggest disappointment. You can use it to design levels, like in the previous games, for sharing online. But the trouble is, because the game barely introduces any new ideas, if you've played the previous games and made a lot of levels with them, then you won't have many ideas for new levels here. According to Nintendo, this is where the 'tipping stars' come in. The idea is, if other people like your levels, they'll tip you stars which you can then use to buy new mechanics and options to use in the levels you make. This, according to Nintendo, should keep people making levels. And it's a nice idea- but it's made pointless by the fact that these new mechanics are merely new themes, not anything else! How is a golden pipe going to help you make more creative levels any more than an ordinary green pipe? Or a new background? I don't know what was going through the developers' minds, but they really got this very wrong indeed. And did I mention you can't even share more than 20 levels anyway per account?
    Oh, and the price tag- the game should be half that price, but the fact the purchase was crossplatform seemed to make Nintendo think they could charge double for it, even though it's exactly the same on Wii U and 3DS!
    If you've never played a Mario vs DK game before, this might be worth picking up. But even then, you'd get more enjoyment from buying the old DS entries in the series than this one, for their more inspired level design.
  7. Aug 19, 2015
    This game delivers everything a Mario vs. Donkey Kong could offer and then some! Level editing and sharing take it to a new level and I love the HD graphics. I think it's amazing that it comes with the 3DS version and your game is transferable, making it easy to go portable if you are on the move. This has been holding me over until Super Mario Maker comes out. Excellent level design and IThis game delivers everything a Mario vs. Donkey Kong could offer and then some! Level editing and sharing take it to a new level and I love the HD graphics. I think it's amazing that it comes with the 3DS version and your game is transferable, making it easy to go portable if you are on the move. This has been holding me over until Super Mario Maker comes out. Excellent level design and I enjoy the tipping stars aspect. The music is wonderful also. Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2016
    While this game relies heavily on the mechanics of previous games in the series, it is more satisfying to play.

The levels, as usual, range from very easy to very difficult. But, the level size is higher than any other Mario versus Donkey Kong game (except, maybe, if you include the Jungle levels in Minis on the Move). The more difficult levels become more intense, when there are minis walking all over the screen and you have to pan across a big maze of switches / pipes / conveyor-belts, etc.

The crazy monkey that possesses Mario is a nice little twist on typical Mario vs. Donkey Kong gameplay. The graphics are the best of the entire series (on Wii U, anyway). And, there are plenty of cleverly designed puzzles... The final level, especially, I thought was great.

Tipping Stars takes all the good ideas from Mini-Land Mayhem, but it does much more with them.

In some ways, this game works better than others in the series (for me) because it's on 3DS / Wii U. This separates Tipping Stars from the rest of the series, which are all handheld exclusive games. But, more importantly, it allows for larger levels and better graphics than the DS versions.
  9. Mar 23, 2017
    El juego es bastante bueno, en su categoría de rompecabezas es de lo mejor ya que no es como que saquen muchos juegos de ese tipo. El precio al que estaba el juego para mi era un poco caro pero eso no vale a la hora de ver la cantidad de horas que puedes tener.
  10. Apr 6, 2017
    I have got zero problems with this game, The puzzle solving is perfectly balanced and gets harder and harder as you work through the game. There's also plenty of extra content to enjoy as you unlock bonus levels and play levels made by other players to earn stars and buy assets to build your own levels. This game has a wonderful charm and fits right in to the Mario vs Donkey Kong series of games.

1. Apr 29, 2015
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is enjoyable but rather easy, even in later stages.
  2. NF Magazine
    Apr 20, 2015
    If gamers flock to Tipping Stars and really embrace the level creator, we could see a thriving community that provides tons of innovative levels for years to come. If people skip the game, you're stuck with another by-the-numbers sequel in this long-running series. [Issue #14: Old vs. New – March/April 2015, p.30]
  3. Apr 11, 2015
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is very reminiscent of Lemmings, as the goal is to guide Mario and friends through levels by manipulating objects around them, instead of directly controlling them. Creating inventive ways to avoid hazards and collect coins make each level a challenging, but endearing, experience.