6.6

1. Jul 13, 2015
    The game starts with an interesting plot twist, which is always a cool thing, but far from what I enjoyed most of the game. Just a couple of actions (teletransport and jump) and lots of challenging platforming action coming straight out from thorough level design, delivered just like in the good old gaming days.

If you are into roguelikes like Rogue Legacy, old-school platformers like

If you are into roguelikes like Rogue Legacy, old-school platformers like NES Marios, and also dig pixel-art indie games, I strongly recommend Roving Rogue.

1. Oct 25, 2015
    Some issues, such as the frame rate and the environmental hazard glitch, could, perhaps, be resolved with a patch. However, the reliance on trial-and-error design and the harsh spikes in difficulty found in the last third of the game are likely to be too trying for most gamers.
  2. Aug 11, 2015
    A simple and short platform game, with good ideas and some problems in the control system.
  3. Aug 10, 2015
    Roving Rogue is okay, but I got bored after awhile. Once you learn how teleportation works, there’s not a lot of challenge, as any enemies introduced as the game progresses are easy to either defeat or avoid entirely. If it ever goes on sale in the eShop I’d say give it a shot, but if you’re looking for a challenge, you'll want to look elsewhere.