7.5

1. Sep 26, 2014
    The Fall has a very good story. The atmosphere is set up very well and the sound design works well with the aesthetic. The combat system is simple, 2D plane shooting with some elements of a cover system. The puzzles are not THAT difficult, but if you aren't constantly searching for little boxes with your flashlight, you can miss a few components that will allow you to progress. I'dThe Fall has a very good story. The atmosphere is set up very well and the sound design works well with the aesthetic. The combat system is simple, 2D plane shooting with some elements of a cover system. The puzzles are not THAT difficult, but if you aren't constantly searching for little boxes with your flashlight, you can miss a few components that will allow you to progress. I'd recommend this if you like playing a sci-fi game, with a high creep factor, in the dark with your headphones on. Very short game, but the ideas presented and the player character, although it was a robot suit, had personality that made me feel something, at least. Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2015
    Now THIS is how you tell a story. The game doesn't ram it down your throat... instead, you explore and figure out exactly what it is that happened on this desolate world. It's a smart game that expects you to be a smart person and catch on.

The gameplay is simple enough and while there are a few little things that make it less than perfect, it's hard to put down and I found myself looking forward to getting back to find out exactly what it is that went down on this planet.

And that ending tho. Woooh! Who saw that coming? Can't wait for the sequel.
  3. Oct 27, 2016
    I really wanted to love this one. And I love the style, the dark atmosphere and sense of exploration. But the controls on the Wii U are a total mess -- constantly breaking your attention to try to figure out the odd multiple button presses to do the simplest tasks. At times I was lost, just randomly scanning everything, hoping to bump into a solution. Gave up in frustration after an hour.I really wanted to love this one. And I love the style, the dark atmosphere and sense of exploration. But the controls on the Wii U are a total mess -- constantly breaking your attention to try to figure out the odd multiple button presses to do the simplest tasks. At times I was lost, just randomly scanning everything, hoping to bump into a solution. Gave up in frustration after an hour. Skip this one and head straight for The Swapper if you like this genre. Expand

1. Aug 23, 2015
    Wii U owners hungry for Metroid Prime's atmosphere or Monkey Island's puzzle solving really can't go wrong with this one.
  2. Apr 3, 2015
    The control system needs some improvement, though, and the voice acting is far from the best ever done, but the narrative and exploration suit well those who are looking for a sci fi adventure in the Wii U's eShop.
  3. Mar 26, 2015
    Great story can’t cover for poor gameplay.