- Publisher: Hudson
- Release Date: Mar 29, 2010
- Also On: iPhone/iPad, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Summary: [WiiWare] Diner Dash, a popular PC action-puzzle game, has landed on the WiiWare service. Guide Flo, an office worker-turned-restaurateur, as she builds up her empire over four unique diners. Go online to face players in head-to-head. If you feel up to the challenge, join up with a friend[WiiWare] Diner Dash, a popular PC action-puzzle game, has landed on the WiiWare service. Guide Flo, an office worker-turned-restaurateur, as she builds up her empire over four unique diners. Go online to face players in head-to-head. If you feel up to the challenge, join up with a friend or another player online for a Team Dash game where your team will take on six other players to see whose diner is the best in town. (Broadband Internet access is required for online play.) Players take direct control of Flo as she runs around to seat patrons, take orders, deliver food, take payment and bus tables as efficiently as possible within the time allowed. Players who are fond of traditional control schemes may also use a point-and-click style with hotkeys to aid Flo in her quest for customer satisfaction, which is reflected in a heart meter that empties as customers lose patience. If the meter empties completely, then the customer will leave the restaurant. [Nintendo]… Expand
- Developer: Hudson
- Genre(s): Miscellaneous, Puzzle, Action, Puzzle, General, Puzzle, General
- # of players: 1-4
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Diner Dash Gameplay Movie 1
Positive: 0 out of 5
Mixed: 4 out of 5
Negative: 1 out of 5
The visuals are also pretty bland and the controls can be finicky. There is fun to be had, though, particularly with the cooperative multiplayer mode (which is available online).
Official Nintendo Magazine UKFun for five minutes, but too samey. [June 2010, p.97]
Diner Dash is a fun game and a well-executed concept on the PC which could have been faithfully ported to WiiWare simply by swapping mouse for Remote and adding NES-style control for a manual alternative. Instead we have unnecessary use of the Nunchuk and visuals which certainly could have been better rendered on the Wii than they are.
Diner Dash has always been a fun and frantic game, but the rough graphics, lack of online players and steep price tag makes this port hard to recommend.
Nintendo GamerStupidly expensive. [June 2010, p.76]
- (0 views)